Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Yeah, there were rampant spumors that Kyle and Theo had a drunken hookup and Kyle just wanted to pretend it didn't happen.  Seems like TPTB chickened out and decided the fellas having gotten an underaged girl drunk and then dumped her at the front door of an ER was a less riskier way to go. And even then, I think the story was going to be that either Kyle and Theo double-teamed the drunk girl or Kyle alone assaulted her but that storyline got 86ed too. So then we were left with Theo being a stalker who envies Kyle's wealth and social status so he ups and moves halfway across the country to pester him. From one of the cultural and financial centers of the world to a sleepy Upper Midwestern burg. Yawn. It was never believable IMO., and magically making Theo related to the Abbotts was pointless. 

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 10

I too thought the secret was going to be that Theo and Kyle were crazy partiers in their NYC days and had a one time hook-up (maybe involving molly? Remember when it became all about that girl dumped at the ER she showed up with ecstasy and drugged the Grand Phoenix opening party...where did that come from?).

That sort of would have made more sense why Kyle acted so cagey around him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 12/9/2020 at 8:50 PM, boes said:

Remember that "dark secret" turned out to be an underaged girl who got wasted at one of their parties who, when they found her unconscious, they then dumped her at an NYC Emergency Room.  Theo then crashed Kyle and Lola's wedding with the girl in tow.  She hung around for awhile but nothing much came of it.

Back in Dec I said Kyle had a secret baby....It's a Soap. They love secret babies.

secret NY bebe

• LOL 9

I won't say I like one more than the other.  We saw old (younger) Faith grow up on this show, so I have a soft spot for her.  But this new girl was a real find.  I usually need an adjustment period when there's a re-cast, especially when the character hasn't been off of the canvas for a while, and doubly especially when the character is SORASed.  But this transition was seamless.  She was Faith right away. 

• Love 17

Aren't we on the fourth Adam?  I think they should keep this one; the writing has been terrible for all the Adams; he is a legacy character.  Keep him and improve the writing; get him away from Sharon.  (She always looks like a Soccer Mom who is picking up her teen from practice)  Not age shaming....she went well with all the rest.. but this Adam/Sharon is forced at this point due to all the recasts.  Fix the character somehow ... get him a new romance; .and get rid of Chelsea.  He can be a single Dad taking care of..what is the son's name? Conner?  

I think getting a glimpse of Nate and Lola...it is nice to see a romance that seems to start naturally.  See Jack today with Cara/Tara/whatever her name is...seemed like a natural back-and-forth between two cast members that could have possibilities.  Maybe we are (at least I am) starved for a nice love story that doesn't involve characters that make one long for a root canal.  "Sally" is terrible; the character; she is chewing scenery and is being groomed for the next Mrs. Jack Abbot.  I don't mind the actress; she is just wrong for Jack and one of the asshat male characters would be a perfect "victim" for her wiles.  She would be great and we would get the wish of seeing either Billy/Kyle/Rey go down.  Champagne all around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Not age shaming....she went well with all the rest.. but this Adam/Sharon is forced at this point due to all the recasts.  

They're a couple IRL.

"Sally" is terrible; the character; she is chewing scenery and is being groomed for the next Mrs. Jack Abbot.  

You're right. She's all wrong for him. I see him with someone closer to his age. Someone who is smart but not really ambitious. Someone who is warm but not too sweet. I actually liked him with Gloria but she's too weird and has waaay too much baggage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

They're a couple IRL.

I know...and have been for awhile, I think.  For me, I think it is just that she has had such a history on the show; especially with boyfriends/husbands/etc.  So it seems that she is older; in a "life-lived" kind of way.  Miles of life lived on this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

I know...and have been for awhile, I think.  For me, I think it is just that she has had such a history on the show; especially with boyfriends/husbands/etc.  So it seems that she is older; in a "life-lived" kind of way.  Miles of life lived on this show.

Oh no. she is older, like sixteen years older and I think they're weird together too. He looks younger than his thirty four years.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

They're a couple IRL.

You're right. She's all wrong for him. I see him with someone closer to his age. Someone who is smart but not really ambitious. Someone who is warm but not too sweet. I actually liked him with Gloria but she's too weird and has waaay too much baggage.

My favoite pairing for Jack in the last many years was Emily, the psychiatrist played by Stacey Haiduk.  The MAB messed that by making Patty into her doppelganger and that was that.

Emily had her own profession, didn't gush, was smart and sophisticated and not an ass.  So of course it didn't work out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, boes said:

My favoite pairing for Jack in the last many years was Emily, the psychiatrist played by Stacey Haiduk.  The MAB messed that by making Patty into her doppelganger and that was that.

Emily had her own profession, didn't gush, was smart and sophisticated and not an ass.  So of course it didn't work out.

I thought about that too. It really is a shame TIIC wrecked her.

• Love 11
(edited)

I liked both Patty and Emily and think that's the only cool doppleganger plot the show has had aside from Katherine and Marge. Jack and Emily really did have a unique chemistry that's never really been matched.

Not sure if this is an Unpopular Opinion or not: While Kyle the character has been boring, circular plots lately (I skip so many episodes) and annoying writing I think Michael Mealor is THE Kyle Abbott after all those recasts. If they are smart they won't lose him. This was a legacy character they need some stability with and he's a good actor,

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I don’t want anyone to lose their job, but Elena is the saddest sack that ever sadded. I have to grab the remote when she enters any scene; she is that dark cloud that hangs over everywhere.  If Devon is taken and Nate is not interested...who is left for her?  I would say Paul but he is now, sadly (get it!)🤓 gone. Rey?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

but Elena is the saddest sack that ever sadded.

This is true, but this is the writing and directing, because the actress on GH was anything but a sad sack. Quite the opposite. The writers could fix this.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 4/30/2021 at 9:32 AM, peacheslatour said:

Oh no. she is older, like sixteen years older and I think they're weird together too. He looks younger than his thirty four years.

Yeah. That one year he was in a hoodie and had messy hair the age difference was drastic. 

so much I had to Google their rl ages. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Same.

Now why did my autocorrect change "were" to year? It's been fcking up wayyy too much since the update I'm about to turn that hoe off. 

Yeah if there's a big age difference that isn't really supposed to be drastic and the guy already looks young for his age they probably should avoid styling him boyish. I'm also tired of the women constantly looking like it's NYE even in the office. Today at the wonder twins engagement party every lady was dripping w sequins now I get dressing up for a family event but that with the big hair and giant jewelry it was giving me beauty pageant or Dynasty theme party

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I don't really care who the father of Tara Locke's baby storyline anymore even if all signs are supposed to point to Kyle. Using a baby paternity to add more drama to Kyle and Summer's storyline is so much ugh.

And I know this would be impossible but it would be hilarious if neither Ashton or Kyle were the father and it was Theo the whole time just to mess up Kyle's life. He was also there at the time and knew about their affair and the little detail of the kid and dropped this bombshell onto Kyle just to see the reaction on his face. I mean why would he keep track of what's been happening with Tara Locke?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, redfish said:

I don't really care who the father of Tara Locke's baby storyline anymore even if all signs are supposed to point to Kyle. Using a baby paternity to add more drama to Kyle and Summer's storyline is so much ugh.

And I know this would be impossible but it would be hilarious if neither Ashton or Kyle were the father and it was Theo the whole time just to mess up Kyle's life. He was also there at the time and knew about their affair and the little detail of the kid and dropped this bombshell onto Kyle just to see the reaction on his face. I mean why would he keep track of what's been happening with Tara Locke?

I would love that! Hahaha!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And I know this would be impossible

Why would it be impossible? I’ve been suspecting this kid is Theo’s for awhile now. Wouldn’t be a bit unlike him to sleep with his buddy’s married girlfriend. And I’m here for it if it brings Theo back. I miss that greasy sleazeball.

• Love 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Why would it be impossible? I’ve been suspecting this kid is Theo’s for awhile now. Wouldn’t be a bit unlike him to sleep with his buddy’s married girlfriend. And I’m here for it if it brings Theo back. I miss that greasy sleazeball.

I think you might be responding to the wrong poster. This site does have it's quirks. 

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 5:53 AM, redfish said:

This sounds better than any SL TPTB would come up with.  And the DNA test would be interesting since Kyle & Theo have the same grandmother.  A genetic relationship would be identified, but Kyle would not be close to 99.9% probability of being the father.  How long would it take Kyle, Dummer or Jack to guess it is Theo?  And it would probably require re-tests by a couple of different labs. It was very odd that the DNA-To-Go person acted more like a courier than a DNA tester, letting the clients collect the samples themselves. Why did she bother to wear scrubs?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I think the writers should ditch Tara and keep Ashland. The show already has one annoying female manipulator - Phyllis. Also Sally, Victoria, sometimes Summer. The show could use an Ashland — he is older and can match Victor. And he looks the part.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Here’s an opinion that I hope doesn’t get me kicked out of the cool kids club: I like Lily and Billy as a couple.

I don’t love Billy necessarily, I find him whiny. But compared to Cain I think he is a massive step up, and I like the chemistry between the two of them.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Here’s an opinion that I hope doesn’t get me kicked out of the cool kids club: I like Lily and Billy as a couple.

I don’t love Billy necessarily, I find him whiny. But compared to Cain I think he is a massive step up, and I like the chemistry between the two of them.

Nobody gets kicked out of the cook kids club.  I speak as an unapologetic Kyle/Lola shipper who still wishes my ship hadn't sunk.

Now, ButtBiscuit on Jaboat couldn't sink fast enough.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I like Daniel! A lot! And I like him with Lily - either as a friend/confidant or even if they were to rekindle the old flame. I'm good either way. Although, I think I would like it best if they were just super close friends. There's not enough of that on the show.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

I am sick to death of Sally. Nothing against the actress - but she has a huge, meaty storyline right now. She has come far pretty fast while other characters fade in and out. And I don’t see anything remotely interesting or appealing about Daniel.

• Like 8

I like Daniel, too.  And I really like his rapport with...wait for it...Phyllis!  Shocking, but true!  I think the two of them play off each other so well.  She's her over-the-top self, and he's just quietly exasperated with her.  Kind of like how I am with my mom.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Okay, I know I'm really asking for it here, but I don't find Chance attractive. And, the more I see him acting, the worse of an actor I find him to be. I was okay with his acting in the beginning, (never found him attractive), but I can't stand him anymore. He's a dud. And I'm okay sitting alone at this lunch table.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Is it an unpopular opinion to like Daniel?  I like him a lot, and the vibe between him and nuSummer. 

Also, every time this thread comes up I wonder what happened to @LeftPhalange.  He/She/They had a unique perspective (usually advocating for violence against one odious character or another) that always made me laugh out loud.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

UO I like when Nick and Adam have brother scenes (this version of Adam). I am glad that back a few there was a layer of bonding that makes them more interesting than just Nick:Adam bad Adam: Nick bad. 

The show wasted a great opportunity.  For awhile, after Nick brought Adam back for the kidney donation, they had a few very nice  "brotherly" chats.  It would be great if, right now, Sally would not have happened; and both brothers could work together to "curb" Victor. And Victoria.  My most unpopular opinion?  Sally returning to The Bold and the Beautiful. 

Edited by Kemper
Added last sentence
  • Like 7

This show might be done, you guys. Like no cap. 50 years is a legendary run; if the network doesn’t have the will to fund the writing staff needed for an hour-long, daily serial then that means you don’t want to have one. Times change and this format just doesn’t work for the television business model anymore. Maybe make it into a weekly drama for primetime or a streaming service or something, idk. But you really cannot not have writers and continue to air this show every day. Soaps are entirely dependent on having writing talent that can sustain plots, character development and audience interest. There’s just too much airtime to have writing this poor, it collapses immediately.

• Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 5/17/2023 at 5:05 PM, Rye said:

This show might be done, you guys. Like no cap. 50 years is a legendary run; if the network doesn’t have the will to fund the writing staff needed for an hour-long, daily serial then that means you don’t want to have one. Times change and this format just doesn’t work for the television business model anymore. Maybe make it into a weekly drama for primetime or a streaming service or something, idk. But you really cannot not have writers and continue to air this show every day. Soaps are entirely dependent on having writing talent that can sustain plots, character development and audience interest. There’s just too much airtime to have writing this poor, it collapses immediately.

It's been this bad for decades...

• Like 5