Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve been watching this show for literally years and have seen Sharon having multiple relationships with multiple men multiple times. The one and only time I saw any heat or passion was when she was with Adam in New Orleans. I think that was MM. Other than that, she’s just deadwood when she’s with a man in a sexual situation. Am I the only one?

9 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

No you're not. I have tried to picture someone she had any chemistry with.  Besides MM's Adam. I have come up empty. Not with JM, PB, Private Plywood, Rey and Oh No, My Eyes! Grampire.

Don't forget Sam the Veterinarian who Sharon met when she was hiding out in his barn, on the run and using the alias of Sheri Coleman.  There was some heat there.  Or maybe it was just because he had a really nice golden retriever.......  Relationships in Genoa City have been built on less!

Show needs more animals.....of the 4 legged variety.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Sam's little lamb was cute too.

I forgot about the lamb! 

Nowadays that lamb would be on the menu at Society, or dating Theo.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

i floved spf as sam the vet.

i loved when she was with him on his farm

i was sorry when the sl ended.

i don't care if no one else liked it

I loved it too.  Sean Patrick Flanery was really good in the role.  But in those days, Show was never going to let Sharon move out of the Newman orbit.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve been watching this show for literally years and have seen Sharon having multiple relationships with multiple men multiple times. The one and only time I saw any heat or passion was when she was with Adam in New Orleans. I think that was MM. Other than that, she’s just deadwood when she’s with a man in a sexual situation. Am I the only one?

No not the only one. SHe was great with MM but that is all. SC and JM are both weak actors that should never be paired together. Both need to be propped

• Love 2

so, i read at a different forum that it would come out billy has a split personality and is doing this to himself.

there was more but i was rolling my eyes so hard i ended up with a headache.

i think the poster said it was in the new sid or sod or something.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

o, i read at a different forum that it would come out billy has a split personality and is doing this to himself.

I figured that had to be the case, since Buttbiscuit had the whole mansion redecorated twice and none of her stuff surfaced or handwriting was revealed. But that begs the question:

30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

How did Billy's personality manage to stay unsplit for 6 years?

More importantly, is this a shitty plot to have us feel sympathy for a character who's basically been Adam while Adam was off the canvas? Will this be an excuse to handwave all his lousy behavior since JT was cast in the role? 

Or even worse: will this be an excuse for him to become even more 'biscuit-y the way Sharon leaned in on her bipolar illness for years until Sally Sussman and Kay Alden returned just long enough to unfuck that mess? Because I'm 1000 percent not here for that. Once was more than enough.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

How did Billy's personality manage to stay unsplit for 6 years?

One short visit from Lizzie Borden could've fixed that.

1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I figured that had to be the case, since Buttbiscuit had the whole mansion redecorated twice and none of her stuff surfaced or handwriting was revealed. But that begs the question:

More importantly, is this a shitty plot to have us feel sympathy for a character who's basically been Adam while Adam was off the canvas? Will this be an excuse to handwave all his lousy behavior since JT was cast in the role? 

Or even worse: will this be an excuse for him to become even more 'biscuit-y the way Sharon leaned in on her bipolar illness for years until Sally Sussman and Kay Alden returned just long enough to unfuck that mess? Because I'm 1000 percent not here for that. Once was more than enough.

Love this post X 1000.

• Love 7

Billy/Adam

Billy is mentally ill. He has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) also known as Multiple Personality Disorder. His alternate personality is the one who has been gaslighting him this entire time.

Billy's alternate personality breaks into Adam's penthouse and steals a handkerchief that used to belong to Hope. When Billy wakes up he has no memory of what he did but when he finds the handkerchief in his pocket, his alternate returns. Expect a dangerous showdown between "Billy" and Adam, and a shocking intervention from a surprise guest.

Nick/Chelsea

Nick is awarded full custody of Christian. Chelsea and Nick celebrate their victory and have sex.

Michael/Chloe/Kevin

Michael arrests Chloe for her 2016 murder attempt on Adam Newman. Kevin punches Michael and gets arrested too. However Michael confides their arrests are just for show and reveals his true plan to help Kevin and Chloe.

• Love 5

I’m sure Billy’s DID will be handled with the same grace and sensitivity as Sharon’s bipolar disorder. 

You know, I take that back. It will probably be handled with more sensitivity because Sharon is just a silly wimmins.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, spinxella said:

However Michael confides their arrests are just for show and reveals his true plan to help Kevin and Chloe.

so, mikey is a dirty da    would never have thought that would happen...NOT.

at a different forum i read that devon is going to get so disturbing news about katharine's will..

i hope jg is giving in to those who want devon's inheritance taken away.

ETA:  i meant i hope jg ISN'T giving in to those who don't want devon to have the inheritance 

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I’m sure Billy’s DID will be handled with the same grace and sensitivity as Sharon’s bipolar disorder. 

It already is--DID is almost exclusively a disorder that results from extreme childhood trauma, most commonly sexual trauma. I've met a number of people with DID online, and their alters as they're called are largely harmless. I met one person who says one of her alters even helped her to pull away from the white supremacy she was raised in.

These alters result as a way to process with that trauma and nearly all of them I've spoken with are rightfully sick and tired of the Sybil-esque stories and their illness being used as cheap plots and villanizing it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11

There's no way JT has the skills to pull this off, so it's sure to be terrible all around.  The only time I've seen a multiple personality story done well on a soap was with Carrie Todd on Doug Marland-era Guiding Light. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

There's no way JT has the skills to pull this off, so it's sure to be terrible all around.  The only time I've seen a multiple personality story done well on a soap was with Carrie Todd on Doug Marland-era Guiding Light. 

They could have an actual good actor in this part and still miss the mark for all the reasons Sharon's story ultimately failed. Besides the cheap plot device for undeserved sympathy that Billy hasn't earned...this is a real illness people live with. Hell, knowing what I know of DID and the cause of it (which usually manifests by age ten--as in when one is still physically a child, not mentally stuck acting like one as Billy chooses to do), this is even worse than MyPolar Sharon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I've met a number of people with DID online, and their alters as they're called are largely harmless

Christine Pattillo's I am We is a wonderful book about alters.  We worked at the same artist co-op in Washington and talking with her and her alters (who jump into the conversation with no hesitation) is an incredible experience.  There is no way a soap could do justice to this unique human condition.  Her/their book is available on Amazon/Kindle and is worth the read.

I'd rather the writing be Billy having a momentary break with reality, brought on by the stress of his relationship with Phylthy and his gambling/drinking problems than having a condition of which we saw not a scintilla of evidence for the last 20 years.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
On 9/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, valleycliffe said:

i read at soc that billy will have a stand alone episode on sept. 17...he will delve into why is is so tormented.  victoria will also share scenes with him.

Oh God, I DON'T CARE. I'd rather see an introspection on Victor Newman, or even B&B's own Buttbiscuit of a Thomas Forrester because he can at least clean up. Or to watch paint dry.

What torment could Billy have possibly have had in his privileged little life of everyone babying him and coddling him and protecting him from his fuck ups (even going back to his teen years when he was still half-way more tolerable) to handwave all the unrepentant garbage behavior over the last three years? Because I know this DID crap is all in service of trying to salvage what's left of the goodwill from Billy Miller's popularity to "redeem" him. To which I say: It didn't work on Adam, it didn't work on Sharon (at least, not until she actually took steps on not being a complete moron) and it won't work here.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE FETCH HAPPEN, SHOW. Just ship him to Hong Kong for a year and recast and pretend like everything after 2015 didn't happen.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

What torment could Billy have possibly have had in his privileged little life of everyone babying him and coddling him and protecting him from his fuck ups 

TIIC do not know how to portray mental illness, business dealings, law enforcement or courtroom proceedings. I wish they would just stay away from those topics completely or at least watch some of CBS' own cop and medical shows. I know hiring consultants is right out but it wouldn't cost them a dime to read the scripts from their own network.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

They really cannot. DID in particular requires a specific set of criteria to be met for a diagnosis, specifically repeated childhood trauma before the age of 6. There is a general dissociate diagnosis for when one does not fit all the boxes, but even if TIIC knew that or cared they'd treat it with all the sensitivity of your average South Park episode.

Actually, scratch that. South Park actually gets its facts straight more often than not, which Y&R has never done once with regards to mental health.

DID as a plot device is old hat and Sybil was the last major project to do it any justice for what we knew of that illness and that was, what? in the 1970s? I usually can shrug off Y&R's gross mistakes like this, but it's harder to do so knowing how the illness actually is from the online friends that have shared it. There was some recent horror film in the last year that dipped into that well making the sufferer out to be a murderer and I can only imagine that makes it an uphill struggle for those with the illness to say that no, they aren't a danger in the vast majority of instances. None of them watch Y&R, but I can say they wouldn't want to see their illness be used as a cheap redemption story anymore than those with BD wanted to see Sharon use that to excuse paternity fraud.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Maybe they are going to reveal that Billy was abused while away at boarding school?

Maybe all the other reindeer laughed and called him names?  Then, one foggy Christmas Eve.....

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

Having watched the show regularly again since Mark Grossman's debut, I can finally say that his portrayal of "Adam" just doesn't work for me, I'm sorry. It's not the acting, I can see that he's giving it all but damn it, he's no Adam and he never will be, in my eyes. He's more like Victor's long lost grandson who came home from boarding school, doesn't represent at all what Adam's character once was... I don't get it, there were far better options out there: Jason Shane Scott, Wes Ramsey, heck, even Muhney would've come back if asked.

• Love 7

I never needed Adam back at all, to be honest, and definitely not as yet another whiny bitchbaby whining about daddy issues. Devon's father kidnapped his whole damn wife and he found other ways of dealing with that without being a garbage shitheel or disappearing Kneel (as I was wholly in favor of at the time).

A better father than Victor would've washed his hand of him ages ago, and no one would blamed him for it. Victor's trash, but he's a grown ass man. Move on or shut up.

Likewise, I wish Adam would just own up to his torturing the Newman's cuz they're all garbage except the kids and much like the Targeryan family, I expect one bell is all it'll take to flip even Johnny and Katie when they get SORASed.*

*Johnny is an Abbott by blood, but look at Abby who should be forging the Carlton legacy and...well.

• Love 6

There's an interesting little tidbit in Global TV's interview with Christian LeBlanc where he says 

My favorite is to be in one of these groupings with Michelle (Stafford) or Greg (Rikaart), and today I worked with Kevin, Chloe and Gloria. It’s seamless and nobody is the star.

Gloria!  Looks like she'll be back sometime soon.  That's all I picked up about her from this interview, which was published on 10/15/2019.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, boes said:

There's an interesting little tidbit in Global TV's interview with Christian LeBlanc where he says 

Gloria!  Looks like she'll be back sometime soon.  That's all I picked up about her from this interview, which was published on 10/15/2019.

Hurray!

• Love 15
On 10/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, boes said:

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

From Michael Fairman's site ---- 

Theo's Father Arrives in Genoa City .......

On The Young and the Restless, looks like more intrigue is on the way now that that Theo Vanderway (Tyler Johnson) could be a member of the Abbott clan. The recent revelation discovered by Jack (Peter Bergman) and Traci (Beth Maitland) that their mother, Dina Mergeron (Marla Adams) had a fling with Stuart Brooks which resulted in a child has led the siblings to tell Theo that Jack could be his uncle, and his arch-rival, Kyle (Michael Mealor) could be his cousin.  Jack wants Theo to take a DNA test to which Theo agrees to do; claiming he understands why Dina gave up her baby because she didn’t want to be shamed.

And, it looks like the story gets juicier from there with the slated arrival of the character of Eric Vanderway late next week on the CBS Daytime drama series.  Enter actor, Jon Briddell who has been cast in the role.  But who is Eric to Theo?

Originally, Theo claimed his father was dead.  Is that a fabrication, or will we learn more of the Vanderway back-story and how it ties into the Abbotts through flashbacks … or could Eric come to town with Intel about the true parentage of Theo?

Briddell once appeared for a short time on All My Children, but has had a successful primetime career appearing in series including: Fashion House, Army Wives, American Crime Story, and Doom Patrol.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jon Briddell, who has been cast in the role was born in 1966, Peter Bergman was born in 1953 - yet Briddell will be playing the older brother.......Peter looks fantastic but unless Briddell has aged badly, this already looks like a train wreck

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, boes said:

From Michael Fairman's site ---- 

Theo's Father Arrives in Genoa City .......

I watched Fashion House which was on years ago. I asssumed he was the lead Bo Derek and Morgan Fairchild were fighting over but checked he played a side part, a Doctor. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, boes said:

Jon Briddell, who has been cast in the role was born in 1966, Peter Bergman was born in 1953 - yet Briddell will be playing the older brother.......Peter looks fantastic but unless Briddell has aged badly, this already looks like a train wreck

I'd be more pissed by this, except I watched Leslie-Anne Down play mother to a man whose actor was a mere two years younger than she.

Still, this is.... definitely a decision Y&R made in yet another family addition no one wanted. *sigh* Geez. Guess I'll pull out the lawn chairs and binoculars and wait for the crash.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Another brother for Phyllis to sex up.

Oh crap, I hadn't thought of that, though why I hadn't is anyone's guess.  

So, will Theo be calling her Mommy before the year is out?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

The guy playing Jack's older brother was born one year before I was.  ?!?  Thanks for the unexpected mid-life crisis.  😹

Snaporaz, don't feel bad.....Jack could be my younger brother.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Chance is definitely back.

From Michael Fairman's site....

November sweeps brings with it big returns and surprises … and now comes word that the much talked about Phillip “Chance” Chancellor IV is coming back to The Young and the Restless. 

But this tine it won’t be John Driscoll taking on the role but actor Donny Boaz who has been cast by the CBS Daytime drama series.

Boaz has numerous film and television credits. Those include a recurring role on NCIS: New Orleans and the Lifetime movie Hometown Christmas. 

Circle this Friday, November 8th when Chance makes a stunning re-emergence on the Genoa City canvas.

What will Chance’s return mean for the Winters, Hamilton, Chancellor, and Abbott clans?  Stay tuned.

Now how about a visit from Nina?

• Love 8