Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

I never watched OLTL. TSJ is a handsome 50ish dude. He can't be Tucker though. That's wayyy too much of a stretch. Dylan? Okay. We're stuck with that cult baby storyline like it or not. He can't be worse than the acting Jar of Mayonnaise Steve Burton.

Tucker and Jill are the SAME AGE. It has to be to even squint, spit, and throw logic to the wind to work between Liz Foster and Katherine Chancellor legends and all those retcons. They were born in the 50s when Katherine was married to Gary Reynolds--father of Brock right? It's core to the show (as a retcon already!).

Even Lauren's Dad knocking up a poor high school girl back then was a stretch in retcon tale telling.....but at least it fit the timeline....

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I hope he and Lily find each other again. Even Lily doesn't deserve ButtBiscuit.

That would be nice, but the spoiler didn't make it sound like DG was coming back for a long stint.  As far as Lily and BB go, she seems like she is starting to realize what a bad choice for a long term partner he is.  I don't see them lasting much longer as a couple

• Love 4

I really can’t say that ButtBiscuit is worse than Cane. I believe that of all the actors on soaps, he was the absolute worst. His idea of acting was sighing and rubbing his face. Over and over and over. For years. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Diane’s big secret - she was a “money laundering mule” for a rich guy she thought was interested in her. Apparently he hid stacks of cash in her luggage when they went on trips, retrieved it when she wasn’t looking, then deposited in foreign banks. Sounds really stupid to me. Wouldn’t TSA notice the bricks of money during the luggage scans? Wouldn’t Diane notice how heavy he luggage was? For more details read the attached…

https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2022/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-friday-october-21-recap-dianes-money-laundering-mule-trap-blackmail-stuns-jack/

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

This is from a Facebook site.  Apparently there are budget cuts coming to Y&R.  There may be some "big names" on the chopping block or moved to recurring.  Noah and Ali are moving down; there are apparently others.  But....

Nowhere have I read that there will be a writers purge - which is the crux of the problem.  Terrible storylines that are drawn out; start out with a bang and end with a thud. One character sleeping with two brothers (and breaking up a popular couple in the process); three aging harpies (I am an aging harpy so I can say this) ganging up on another female character; an intimate scene (Abby and Devon) that no one asked for. I like Trevor St. John but maybe he would have been a better choice for Ashland; Noah's old girlfriend (cannot remember her name) that no one asked for.  Not knowing what to do with Sharon Case.   

The Newmans always coming out on top needs to be rethought.  Josh Morrow whining that he wanted a new storyline and the writers giving it to him!  He does have a way about him that is easy and nice to watch. But not as a glowering menace with the over-greasy hair and heavier face that seems red all the time.  Nicki and Phyllis are unwatchable. The writers do not know what to do or how to write consistently for new characters. I cannot believe many viewers anticipate a good show more often than not anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

If anyone didn't happen to see today's preview for next week. It seems Daniel's going to show up just in time for Lilly to have someone actually be interested in how she's doing during this whole Chelsea and work mess....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Looks like Sharon has a stalker.  According to the below spoiler, it is Cameron Kirsten, risen from the dead. Apparently Sharon thought she killed him by bashing him over the head with a bottle of champagne.  Turns out he wasn’t dead.  For the spoiler and a recap of the whole storyline, click the below links.  fYI, the actor who plays Cameron, is Susan Walter’s (Diane)husband IRL.

https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2023/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-tuesday-may-23-sharons-scary-clue-tucker-audra-strike-deal-billy-betrays-ashley/

https://soaps.sheknows.com/gallery/young-restless-cameron-kirsten-linden-ashby-timeline-history/episode-4263/

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Kemper said:

So they are bringing back someone that maybe many of us have never heard of? And are supposed to get invested in?

Yeah, I read the recap and I remember Sharon kissing Grampire but I don’t remember the rest of it at all. Idk. I don’t have an opinion, though I could see this being a vehicle to get Nick and Sharon back together. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Rye said:

Yeah, I read the recap and I remember Sharon kissing Grampire but I don’t remember the rest of it at all. Idk. I don’t have an opinion, though I could see this being a vehicle to get Nick and Sharon back together. 

Yes. Anything that will get Nick/Sally scenes off my screen. I hope they get back together for the rest of this Soap’s life. Because…allegedly Josh M doesn’t want to revisit the Nick/Sharon story. Divine retribution.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Didn't Nikki help her hide the body?

Yes, she did. They dragged the dead body down into the sewers and a rat ran over Nikki's foot. And then the ladies finally bonded.

6 hours ago, Rye said:

I could see this being a vehicle to get Nick and Sharon back together. 

I hope so. She's the only one he has any chemistry with. They deserve each other. But remember, the last time they got together it only lasted a short time. I don't even remember why they broke up, it was sudden and out of the blue.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Yes, she did. They dragged the dead body down into the sewers and a rat ran over Nikki's foot. And then the ladies finally bonded.

I hope so. She's the only one he has any chemistry with. They deserve each other. But remember, the last time they got together it only lasted a short time. I don't even remember why they broke up, it was sudden and out of the blue.

32 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

^Post-coma Phyllis crashed Nick's and Sharon's wedding and told Nick about Sharon switching Dummer's paternity test.

Actually they got back together again after that and they broke up because...he slept with Phyllis.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

I've had my issues with Sharon's character in the past but Nick has done her just as dirty, if not dirtier, than she's done him. Sharon has been proven to do much better than Nick, more than once. Even if Rey annoyed me, I never doubted he loved Sharon. Jordi & SC had steady chemistry(which was a double-edged sword & made them a little boring in the end). And any version of Shadam craps on Shick all day every day. The only way Sharon could do worse is if she married Victor again...I think....

A Shick reunion would do JM/Nick far more favors than Sharon. She might be shackled to the coffeehouse but Nick is the creepy douchebag sleeping with Sally to spite Adam. And JM is actually surprised/bothered by the "naysayers" like dude....what did you think would happen? No one asked for Nick/Sally to happen, you did.

The longer he clings to this the harder it's going to be for his character to live it down, and for a lot of people, that ship has already sailed. To the point that I've even seen former Ally fans that want the paternity test switched so that Adam can be free of both Nick & Sally. Can't say I blame them.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Here’s a link to fall spoilers, such as they are:   https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2023/the-young-and-the-restless-fall-preview-yr-party-drama-stunning-romantic-run-ins-and-payback-schemes/

this one is more wishful speculation rather than a true spoiler, but I don’t think it is a bad idea, if The twin is smarter and more devious than Jeremy…https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2023/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-time-for-jeremy-starks-twin-brother-to-hit-gc-james-hydes-chance-at-new-role/

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Here’s a link to fall spoilers, such as they are:

From the spoiler website:" Ashley will make a shocking announcement this fall." Will it be that she's pregnant, because that really would be a shocking announcement.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7

Several soap media sites are reporting the return this fall of a former Y&R cast member, but in a newly created role.

According to Soap Central, actress Hayley Erin will be coming back to GC as a character named Claire Grace. Claire is going to be an employee at Newman Media. Erin previously played a young Abby Newman between 2008 and 2010.

The Soap Central article is here:

Hayley Erin set to return to The Young and the Restless -- in a brand-new role

According to IMDb Hayley Erin is 29 so based on that I'm hoping she'll be romantically paired with Adam. Keep her away from Nick, Kyle, Nate, and Billy, please. I'd be okay with Chance but rumor has it he's slated to be with Summer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3