Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Not feeling this new Adam. Not because of the actor (tho the age doesn't help) but because the writing is so not like him... He'd hang around just to stick it to his family, wouldn't pack up his bags and just leave. Money? He has all the money in the freakin' world, he's Victor Newman's son. None of this makes any sense.

Justin's Adam wouldn't but I could so picture muhneys doing this.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I stupidly didn't think the return of Josh as Y&R was going to turn it into the Adam Newman Shitshow this quickly. I was actually surprised at how rushed all of this Adam related stuff has been.

Yup, show-eating is back, and aren't you glad?

Speaking of eating, I'm not enjoying anything about either having the character/actor shoved down our throats or the stupid artificial plot tangle behind it all.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, taavir40 said:

Justin's Adam wouldn't but I could so picture muhneys doing this.

Yes and you can see Mark trying to channel that darkness that Muhney brought to the role. It's admirable and it's clear that he's giving his all but the problem is his age. It's really hard to take him seriously. He looks more like a teenager who's angry at his parents for not letting him go out in the weekends than a man that ran down a little girl, covered it up and afterwards survived not one but two explosions that would've burned down any other human being. Come on, we need an older chap for this gig. Wes Ramsey for example, he would've been a better choice.

On the second part, I guess we have to agree to disagree. Adam doesn't need any more money, he has plenty. He wouldn't extort his siblings for an extra buck.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Yup, show-eating is back, and aren't you glad?

Speaking of eating, I'm not enjoying anything about either having the character/actor shoved down our throats or the stupid artificial plot tangle behind it all.

I con't care. Anything is better than having TG's Phyllis shoved at me every day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I like the actor well enough, but Adam’s story is insipid glurge. He just got back and he’s been a poker master, had amnesia, been shot in the gut, and is throwing ultimatums like Nick with a pile of poop. Worst of all, they expect me to believe Victor gives a damn or has a heart. I don’t feel like there’s stakes of any sort.

But yeah, it’s still better than Philly.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Adam's story is the worst, they should've left him dead. Nothing from his story makes any goddamn sense. The're ruining my fav villain.

Disagree. Sorry you feel that way. 

• Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Disagree. Sorry you feel that way. 

We agree to disagree. I think this is the worst storyline this character has ever had. The character is weird, doesn't act at all as Adam would.

On a side-note, Is EB retiring? Why they're making Victor sick again? Is that why they accepted to resurrect Adam and fast-paced this whole story?

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

We agree to disagree. I think this is the worst storyline this character has ever had. The character is weird, doesn't act at all as Adam would.

On a side-note, Is EB retiring? Why they're making Victor sick again? Is that why they accepted to resurrect Adam and fast-paced this whole story?

I doubt it.  It's probably just the storyline hook.

• Love 6

most people like Adam write now. Nelson Branco even said hes enveloping Adam and hes a muhney stan.
no hes not retiring

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

Deliberately blinding himself?

Putting the moves on that male lawyer so he wouldn't be suspicious over what he was doing.

I mean causing Ashley to miscarry and burning the fetus was the worst thing that he knowingly did.

Adam has done a bunch of terrible, horrible things.

So far he hasn't done nothing too bad as he had in the past.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

Putting the moves on that male lawyer so he wouldn't be suspicious over what he was doing.

I mean causing Ashley to miscarry and burning the fetus was the worst thing that he knowingly did.

tbh he acts more like Adam than JH did.

• Love 5

So Adam gets shot in the gut, has emergency surgery and the next day, he’s running all over town threatening people? I wish I healed that fast from surgery, don’t you? How absurd. I don’t believe this Adam for a New York second- not the actor nor the character. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

I mean worst written. Sure, Adam has done worse things in the past but there was usually a reason, a logic for it. Now he's just running around threatening people. WTH? He hasn't asked once about Chelsea or Connor since he got his memory back, nor about Chloe and how she escaped prison, nothing. Did he just forget about his killer?

• LOL 1
(edited)

I mean worst written. Sure, Adam has done worse things in the past but there was usually a reason, a logic for it. Now he's just running around threatening people. WTH? He hasn't asked once about Chelsea or Connor since he got his memory back, nor about Chloe and how she escaped prison, nothing. Did he just forget about his killer?

He has asked about Chelsea and connor in the last two canadians. He said he wants a fresh start with them. He also said he didnt want money he just wanted to see how nick and  Victoria  would react. And he explained he wanted Christian because he missed 3 years of his life and changed his mind and wanted to raise his son.next week he looks for chloe.

There are all the reasons hes doing what hes doing.

So quit complaining just because hes younger or not justin Hartley or the boob grabber. Most people like him aside from stans. 

5 hours ago, Gam2 said:
Edited by taavir40
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

He has asked about Chelsea and connor in the last two canadians. He said he wants a fresh start with them. He also said he didnt want money he just wanted to see how nick and  Victoria  would react. And he explained he wanted Christian because he missed 3 years of his life and changed his mind and wanted to raise his son.next week he looks for chloe.

He did but was that from the Canadian spoilers for Monday?

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, taavir40 said:

So quit complaining just because hes younger or not justin Hartley or the boob grabber. Most people like him aside from stans. 

He asked but it was soo far in the game it was ridiculous. Like it was the last thing on his mind, like he misplaced something: "-Oh, btw, I used to have a wife and a kid, have you seen them? Don't really miss them or anything, but the script says that I should give a damn, for some reason..." The last time we saw Adam, Chelsea and Connor were his life, he was ready to go on the run for the rest of his life just to be with them, what changed? Wouldn't this be like the first thing on his mind since he got his memory back? I don't have a problem with Mark, I specifically mentioned this, the guy can act, heck, even the story is acceptable. But the way it's presented is too rushed and presented backwards somehow, if that even makes sense. I mean, give Mal some credit, he turned the show into a bore fest but at least he laid the ground for the stories so that you can know and understand what is about to bore you to death.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 2

He asked but it was soo far in the game it was ridiculous. Like it was the last thing on his mind, like he misplaced something: "-Oh, btw, I used to have a wife and a kid, have you seen them? Don't really miss them or anything, but the script says that I should give a damn, for some reason..." The last time we saw Adam, Chelsea and Connor were his life, he was ready to go on the run for the rest of his life just to be with them, what changed? Wouldn't this be like the first thing on his mind since he got his memory back? I don't have a problem with Mark, I specifically mentioned this, the guy can act, heck, even the story is acceptable. But the way it's presented is too rushed and presented backwards somehow, if that even makes sense. I mean, give Mal some credit, he turned the show into a bore fest but at least he laid the ground for the stories so that you can know and understand what is about to bore you to death.

well i think we are gonna disagree. But thanks for being able to have a nice debate without getting mean or triggered like some soap fans 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, nilyank said:

1) Blinding himself to get out of jail: Guilty

2)Using that poor lawyer: Guilty

3) Ashley ‘s miscarriage: Guilty of switching the baby but I think they gave him a bum wrap about the miscarriage. First, Ashley supposedly had a hysterectomy for cancer before she turned up back in GC. Even if she didn’t have a hysterectomy she was high high risk. And menopausal age. If she was ever pregnant at all, but a hysterical pregnancy. She was “dating” Victor, turns up with a high risk pregnancy, marries Victor (again). Then starts spotting, supposedly on bed rest at home. So Victor then goes on one of his months long business trips, leaving his psych and pregnancy fragile wife at the “ranch” with only his amoral son to watch out for her. Someone of Victor’s wealth would have hired 24/7 nurses, not just dump her once he marries her. (Victor did similar with Sharon, but that’s another story.) So I don’t give as much blame to Adam on this score. Medically, a hysterical pregnancy is the more rational explanation. So IMO, taking Sharon’s baby was the only thing I hold him fully accountable for, in this case. (The malpractice rates at Fairview must be astronomical, even  worse than “CooCoo Nest” psych hospital.)

4)Delia: Billy left an antsy 5 yo with an even antsier dog in a car along a busy road. Adam didn’t know he hit a child, just thought he hit a dog. He didn’t find out until after he got home what happened. It was stupid not to come forward immediately but that’s how he was written. 

5) What about how he was written as evil, but Billy kidnapping him at gunpoint, shooting him, leaving him in a burning car and Billy is never charged etc. Or Chloe kidnapping Conor and bring him to Paris? Never charged her. Or Chloe kidnapping Adam and blowing the house up to kill him? Or the gang kidnapping & tying him to a chair telling him how evil he is, hypocrites all. Or (crs which Abbey or Ashley) hitting Chelsea in a hit and run, causing Chelsea to miscarry. Or Victor framing h8m to send him to prison where he broke and attacked the guard. So even Victor giving the evidence to clear him, he’d be in prison for life.

All in all, he’s not as evil as they make him out to be. That is as compared to the rest of the Abbots or Newman’s. But he does make a good villain, down to this nununu Adam’s dark hair and dark clothes etc, But Victor and the rest have done more than Adam.

This Adam has an agenda, I know. Nothing he’s said this time around is as he says. I wonder who he’s on the phone with. Still a villain but IMO not as much his “loving siblings” say. (They treated him like shit when he turned up, no wonder he returned the feeling...)

Edited by Thumper82003
Mixed Chloe for Chelsea etc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Thumper82003 said:

First, Ashley supposedly had a hysterectomy for cancer before she turned up back in GC.

no, she didn't have a hysterectomy when she had breast cancer...olivia told her that it was highly unlikely she would ever get pregnant again tho.

• Love 11

Even if she didn’t have a hysterectomy, she was a high risk menopausal age woman with complications showing early on. Leaving her with Adam was like leaving a murderer with a pesky tired 2 year old: not a good idea. While Victor was running around, abandoning her.

At the very least Victor needed to be there, supporting her emotionally and physically.(yeah, sound like Victor?) Failing that, 24/7 private duty nurses, a real expert giving care. (Not Adam’s pet...)

I’d still say it was either a hysterical pregnancy or she lost the baby early on, when Olivia was still around.

Another case of tptb creating their own medical facts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/4/2019 at 9:59 PM, Capricasix said:

It was Summer who hit Chelsea and Adam’s car, causing Chelsea to miscarry. 

All the dumb blondes, I can’t tell them apart, lol. But Adam told to just “get over it” while every fart confirms Adam’s evil.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Thumper82003 said:

Even if she didn’t have a hysterectomy, she was a high risk menopausal age woman with complications showing early on. Leaving her with Adam was like leaving a murderer with a pesky tired 2 year old: not a good idea. While Victor was running around, abandoning her.

At the very least Victor needed to be there, supporting her emotionally and physically.(yeah, sound like Victor?) Failing that, 24/7 private duty nurses, a real expert giving care. (Not Adam’s pet...)

I’d still say it was either a hysterical pregnancy or she lost the baby early on, when Olivia was still around.

Another case of tptb creating their own medical facts.

As the writers of these fictional shows tend to do.  Back from the dead, anyone?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 5/26/2019 at 10:38 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

If Adam wants to act like Chelz doesn’t exist, who am I to judge?

You mean Chelsea, the Maker of Schmatta, the Over Plucked and Stealer of Money?

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, Thumper82003 said:

Adam didn’t know he hit a child, just thought he hit a dog. He didn’t find out until after he got home what happened.

Actually, Adam swerved off the road to avoid hitting the dog. He got out of his vehicle to check if he'd hit the animal. He hadn't and he saw the dog trotting off beside the road. He didn't check around further because he didn't think he'd hit anything. I would have done the same thing. The only thing I wouldn't have done was maintain my silence after finding out that I was the probable driver who hit the kid. I will say that this happens more often than anyone would like to think about, and a fair number of drivers are shocked, panicked and not thinking or functioning well afterward. I don't know that I would have been any shape to have come forward immediately and I wouldn't have gone to the police without an attorney. A good one.

As a sidebar tidbit: I read and heard on the news several years ago about a woman, I think in Houston, who was driving home late at night and she was intoxicated to some extent, and she hit a guy on the side of the roadway. He flew up onto her hood and she drove home with him essentially on the hood and windshield of her car! She drove into the driveway, auto-opened the garage, parked and went into the house with the guy (unknown whether he was alive or dead at the time) still on the hood. If IIRC, she found his body the next day. I don't recall the details that followed, but it was a few days before she either came forward or someone convinced her to do so, and I have no idea what happened legally to her.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

As a sidebar tidbit: I read and heard on the news several years ago about a woman, I think in Houston, who was driving home late at night and she was intoxicated to some extent, and she hit a guy on the side of the roadway. He flew up onto her hood and she drove home with him essentially on the hood and windshield of her car! She drove into the driveway, auto-opened the garage, parked and went into the house with the guy (unknown whether he was alive or dead at the time) still on the hood. If IIRC, she found his body the next day. I don't recall the details that followed, but it was a few days before she either came forward or someone convinced her to do so, and I have no idea what happened legally to her.

I actually remembered this story.......and I remember how she got found out.  She started talking about it at a party and people from the party turned her in.  I'm not at all condoning what she did, but in the "some criminals are plain stupid" category, she essentially had gotten away with this for several months, until she ran her mouth.

Here is an article about it:

https://people.com/crime/chante-mallard-2017-movie-about-homeless-man-murder-windshield/

• Love 5

I've never seen that article. I remember it from the news at ten on our local Dallas station and as I mentioned, I didn't remember hearing about what her punishment was. I never realized (or the news at the time didn't relay it) that she'd been informed on by people at a party by her casually and brazenly telling everyone that she had been flaunting a human hood ornament on her car. Wow. That's a strait up cold blooded admission of murder.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

So in other words, not Michael Baldwin 😄

Drat!

giphy.gif

ANOTHER client on death row!  

And it only started out as a parking ticket.......

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

It was funny in that show. Not so much in real life.

Yeah, funny but pretty horrifying too! 😨  I do recall the real life story and it was just impossible to believe.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

It was funny in that show. Not so much in real life.

they did a CSI too only the man was dying and drunk driver left him in the garage. Turns out the guy left a suicide note that canceled the DUI mostly (In Nevada) BUT since they let him die it was MURDER

• Love 4