Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

On June 5, 2019 at 7:33 AM, valleycliffe said:

no, she didn't have a hysterectomy when she had breast cancer...olivia told her that it was highly unlikely she would ever get pregnant again tho.

Years before, when Ashley lost baby Robert after she crashed her car, the doctor told her that there was so much internal damage that she could never get pregnant again. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
On June 4, 2019 at 6:18 PM, Thumper82003 said:

First, Ashley supposedly had a hysterectomy for cancer before she turned up back in GC. Even if she didn’t have a hysterectomy she was high high risk. And menopausal age. 

On June 5, 2019 at 7:33 AM, valleycliffe said:

no, she didn't have a hysterectomy when she had breast cancer...olivia told her that it was highly unlikely she would ever get pregnant again tho.

IIRC, years before she had cancer, Ashley and Brad and lost their baby Robert when she got into a car accident. Back then, she was told by the doctor told her that there was so much internal damage that she could never get pregnant again. 

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, ezzylin said:

IIRC, years before she had cancer, Ashley and Brad and lost their baby Robert when she got into a car accident. Back then, she was told by the doctor told her that there was so much internal damage that she could never get pregnant again. 

that's right, i forgot about that...that's when she carried around the blanket like she had a baby in it...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

that's right, i forgot about that...that's when she carried around the blanket like she had a baby in it...

All this confirms my version: if it was “real” life, Ashley would never be pregnant, but a hysterical pregnancy more likely. Even if she was pregnant, she was showing signs of losing the baby from the beginning. But Victor just danced off, no nurses etc to monitor her. Also the history of psychological problems related to pregnancy. If Adam is so guilty then Victor is also guilty of neglect for leaving a medically and psychologically fragile wife alone, without nurses.

• Love 5

Even for as preposterous Ashley's pregnancy was, Adam still took the steps to gaslight and torture her being fully aware of her past history, all the way up to dressing as Victor's dead wife to Rebecca the fuck outta her, so he still doesn't get a pass on that with me. But it appears I'm sitting at a table for one there. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Anna Yolei said:

Even for as preposterous Ashley's pregnancy was, Adam still took the steps to gaslight and torture her being fully aware of her past history, all the way up to dressing as Victor's dead wife to Rebecca the fuck outta her, so he still doesn't get a pass on that with me. But it appears I'm sitting at a table for one there. 

Oh, absolutely you're not alone, anna!

And you might want to save a seat for Cupid.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

He gets no pass from me either. But I think the new guy is doing a decent job playing a dark, brooding, rather disturbed individual.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

He gets no pass from me either. But I think the new guy is doing a decent job playing a dark, brooding, rather disturbed individual.

Oh, absolutely. The gaslighting thing was a step way too far, but it helps that there's been time and distance put from it and that Ashley is off the canvas, so it makes that pill easier to swallow. Y&R needs a male schemer who isn't a whiny man child like Billy's become or an insufferable pompous blowhard like Nick. God bless Josh Morrow, but he really cannot sell Edgy Nicholas Newman. I didn't think I'd want Adam back, mostly because of the polarization of the fanbase, but I don't entirely dislike him now that he's back. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm pulling a chair up at that table.  What he did to Ashley and Sharon not only indelibly stained him, my feeling for Sharon took a sustained hit when she got involved with him.

It's just like Victor replacing Jack with the doppelganger, Kevin trying to kill Colleen, Neil and the boat house, and Phyllis just being alive, some things can't ever be really erased.  There are some steps too far....

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm pulling a chair up at that table.  What he did to Ashley and Sharon not only indelibly stained him, my feeling for Sharon took a sustained hit when she got involved with him.

It's just like Victor replacing Jack with the doppelganger, Kevin trying to kill Colleen, Neil and the boat house, and Phyllis just being alive, some things can't ever be really erased.  There are some steps too far....

Buttbiscuit was already an irredeemable POS but screwing Dummer was a bridge too far. There is nothing TIIC can ever do that will make me hate him one iota less.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

What made it even worse was that Ashley was his only friend and supporter at the time.   

• Love 15
On 6/19/2019 at 12:42 PM, peacheslatour said:

Buttbiscuit was already an irredeemable POS but screwing Dummer was a bridge too far. There is nothing TIIC can ever do that will make me hate him one iota less.

See, that was Ridge/Bridget levels of depraved and gross but Dummer had to know that there was a non-zero that after spending months trying to ride that dick that him coming to her less than a few hours after finding out Phyl was getting stuffed by a banana was nothing but the biggest fuck you to. Phyl that he could ever deliver. It's just so hard to feel sorry for people who are that willfully stupid. 

(Has Nick found out about that, BTW?) 

I dunno, I think if Billy Miller took over the role again, it'd be easier to forget that story and the last two years of Philly never existed. Especially with Michelle Jazz Hands Stafford back in the role as of tomorrow. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

What made it even worse was that Ashley was his only friend and supporter at the time.   

That is the true kicker that pissed me off the most. She was so good to him. He could've fucked with Victor all day and even Jack for having thrown him under the bus, but he expressed no guilt about hurting Ashley.I've been told that he's never even apologized to her directly over the gaslighting. Like, even if Ashley were never pregnant, the way he treated her was despicable and I can only submise the reason for that was so that Maria Bell could axe him later on. Because let's be honest, how many other soap characters in the 8 decades of this genre have gone to this level of madness and causing a miscarriage are still around on the canvas a decade later? 

More importantly, shows usually don't go there with legacy children. Michael Baldwin and 80s Victor Newman worked as dark characters because neither had ties and if their characters hadn't been so popular, they could have phased them out and nothing of value would be lost. When the child raised by the closest thing to a Saint that Y&R has in its canon goes full Sheila Carter in under a year, fans are gonna have Feelings on that.

[like the decision on ATWT to have Adam Munson be an actual rapist, given his parents and especially Margo's own history. Of all the...creative choices implemented in its last five years, this one reeks the absolute most] 

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, boes said:

and Phyllis just being alive, some things can't ever be really erased.  There are some steps too far....

Hee Hee!!! 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 6/19/2019 at 2:46 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Oh, absolutely. The gaslighting thing was a step way too far, but it helps that there's been time and distance put from it and that Ashley is off the canvas, so it makes that pill easier to swallow. Y&R needs a male schemer who isn't a whiny man child like Billy's become or an insufferable pompous blowhard like Nick. God bless Josh Morrow, but he really cannot sell Edgy Nicholas Newman. I didn't think I'd want Adam back, mostly because of the polarization of the fanbase, but I don't entirely dislike him now that he's back. 

Don’t forget that Victor gaslighted Sharon as well. He hired someone at Newman to sabotage her meds, he hired Mariah to gaslight Sharon etc. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, but I don’t hear GC saying how evil Victor is. Everything is real-time...

• Love 16

There are so many creepy Adam things that cannot be forgotten.  The whole injecting his eyeballs so he could pretend to be blind, what he did to Rafe.  What he did to Ashley.

What happened to Delia is not the worst because it was an accident, but then his idiotic cover up etc.

And then he had so many redeeming episodes, saving children from burning buildings and from drowning, literally saving Sharon, and jumping in front of Prick and catching a bullet.

He is entirely redeemable! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I always thought they could - not redeem Adam - but even out his sins a bit by going into his childhood. Have some drifter or farmhand pervert corner the kid and use his blind mom as a club after stepdad's death. Little boys are notorious for protecting mom and maybe Prick was swanning around Europe pretending to be dead yet again and wasn't even reachable. Of course Adam probably eventually bashed his brains out and buried him on the north 40.... but trama...... 

It could explain his loathing for his pampered sibs. If Prick somehow let him take the blame for Delia I could see him snapping and it ALL coming out. If the actor could play a mental break.

otherwise it never made sense (Writerwise) for him being raised saint mom and breaking bad.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 6/20/2019 at 8:56 PM, Anna Yolei said:

(Has Nick found out about that, BTW?) 

Nope! It should be a major deal and bone of contention between Billy/Nick and Billy/Victoria. In fact the reason they haven’t blown that open is there really is no way for Victoria to look right hooking back up with Billy if the full truth of his trust with Summer was known- and if she did Nick would have every right to tell her to piss off if she did. 

Nick has many, many faults but he’s a better than average soap dad. It’s one of the surprisingly great things about him; from Cassie to Noah to lil Summer to Faith to Christian, Nick is pretty on. So no way does he turn a blind eye to Billy’s 40 year old ass bedding his daughter in a bid of revenge. Sumer is a dumb ass grown woman, but she was used and trashed egregiously and not even her momma really did anything about it. Billy’s still standing and breathing with all his appendages and all too happy to reunite with Victoria to continue playing house. His ass needs a kicking and Nick can give it to him.

Somehow I think Adam will find out about it and launch that grenade at Nick to kill two birds with one stone and pit Nick and Billy against each other. Hopefully Nick won’t waive it off and really focus in on making Billy’s life hell.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Somehow I think Adam will find out about it and launch that grenade at Nick to kill two birds with one stone and pit Nick and Billy against each other. Hopefully Nick won’t waive it off and really focus in on making Billy’s life hell.

Ooooooooooooooooh

That definitely sounds like an Adam thing to do. Knowing self-serving ass Phyllis, she'll probably be the one who tells him.

Kinda wonder if NuOldPhyllis will have any scenes with Billy or whether they'll pull a Thomas/Sally and pretend that it never happened and that Jack or Nick was her One True Love this entire time. 🤔

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Kinda wonder if NuOldPhyllis will have any scenes with Billy or whether they'll pull a Thomas/Sally and pretend that it never happened and that Jack or Nick was her One True Love this entire time. 🤔

Something tells me they writers are trying to pretend Philly never existed. And if you ask me, that would be the smart thing to do.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

And what's with Adam's embarrassed face whenever Chance is brought up? Did they have a gay affair or what? Wouldn't be Adam's first. :))

um...not quite.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

Something tells me they writers are trying to pretend Philly never existed. And if you ask me, that would be the smart thing to do.

Hey, works for me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Nice touch tying in the new love triangle between Adam, Chelsea and Calvin with Adam's childhood and all the pain and suffering he's been through, I'm really enjoying it.

Also, after Chelsea told him that she doesn't love him anymore it's the moment we see how bad Adam is crushed, brought down to his knees. And it's nice to see that for a change, he's been having that criminal mastermind grin on his face ever since he got his memory back...

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

according to sod, catherine bach is reprising her role as chelz grifter con mom...

fuck you josh.

Yuck.  She was terrible the first time and just got worse with each appearance.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

at a different forum someone suggested calvin was originally anita's man until chelz stole him....if he was / is rich then i wouldn't doubt it at all...

That is true, but I get the sense there is also something else afoot here.  Like maybe Calvin has blackmailed Chelz into marriage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, bannana said:

That is true, but I get the sense there is also something else afoot here.  Like maybe Calvin has blackmailed Chelz into marriage. 

That scene with BB and Chelz and Calvin was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever witnessed. It would not surprise me at all if Calvin is holding Conner hostage or possibly Anita.

• Love 4

so, i read the week of july 8 nick calls an old friend.

spec is it will be boobsy crocker to do some lawyerin' for him in his custody case...

oh joy, ms, mce, cb, gr and now jc....did i royally pizz off someone?

• LOL 8

Wow, is Nick a doormat or what? I don't get it. Why all the love for Chelsea when she ripped his heart out just a year ago? And why all the hate towards Adam when they clearly got to better feelings when Adam was in prison?

And what's with all the "second chance" talk when it comes to Adam? Writing team, learn how to count... This is his third chance at life. First he "died" in the river, then he came back and "died" again in the cabin explosion two years later. Unless they're slowly trying to erase the JH era.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

And what's with all the "second chance" talk when it comes to Adam? Writing team, learn how to count... This is his third chance at life. First he "died" in the river, then he came back and "died" again in the cabin explosion two years later. Unless they're slowly trying to erase the JH era.

Isn't Adam now on his fourth life?  He "died" the first time in an explosion in the basement during a masked ball, after donating blood to Richard Hightower for weeks in preparation for killing him so that he could plant his blood and fancy pen on Richard's body wearing an identical Phantom of the Opera mask. Then the "death" in the river, then the "death" in the cabin explosion.  I wish Skye Lockhart would come back from her death in a volcano - was her body ever recovered?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 7/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, Aaron Newton said:

Why all the love for Chelsea when she ripped his heart out just a year ago? A

Was it only a year ago? It feels way longer and yet not long enough. 

On 7/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, deirdra said:

Isn't Adam now on his fourth life? 

Right? I hope they never bring back Sheila's daughter whatshername...the one that Phyl sided with over her own violated son to get her granddotter. Between his invincibility and Sheila's inability to die, that offspring of those two would live forever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Was it only a year ago? It feels way longer and yet not long enough. 

Right? I hope they never bring back Sheila's daughter whatshername...the one that Phyl sided with over her own violated son to get her granddotter. Between his invincibility and Sheila's inability to die, that offspring of those two would live forever.

Daisy?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

From Michael Fairman, 

There will be more drama surrounding Chloe on The Young and the Restless. Elizabeth Hendrickson, who just recently made a return to the CBS Daytime drama series after her year on General Hospital as Margaux Dawson, and who was key to bringing back Adam Newman to the canvas in Genoa City and the story surrounding him, is coming back for another round on the top-rated soap.

Hendrickson posted on her Instagram a throwback photo to her and Y&R’s Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea) with the following words in her post: “Found an oldie but a goodie! Who’s ready for some of this again?! Back at @youngandrestlesscbsand excited for what’s to come.”

In story, Adam (Mark Grossman) had Chloe kidnapped and has her man Kevin (Greg Rikaart) blackmailed to do his bidding in order to keep Chloe safe and from not having to serve time in prison for his attempted murder.

And there is still the unanswered question … if Chloe and Adam can co-exist in the same orbit, or if they will ever be able to get past the horrific moment in both their lives when Adam killed Chloe’s daughter in a hit and run accident?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 7/23/2019 at 2:13 PM, basiltherat said:

Will any of us care about Evul Adam and Cray-Cray Chloe ???

Nope!

In the words of one Grumpy Cat Super Bowl meme I once saw, "I hope they both lose."

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

holly99 at soc posted a spoiler from "tarabelle" that  next week sharon and adam have sex.

guessing nick and chelz will have also done the deed and jg likes take the heat off of chelz and put it elsewhere.  like sharon.

i only say this cause it happens time and time again.  a character will do something then to ward off the backlash they have sharon do something equally or even more stupid and she gets trashing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I’ve been watching this show for literally years and have seen Sharon having multiple relationships with multiple men multiple times. The one and only time I saw any heat or passion was when she was with Adam in New Orleans. I think that was MM. Other than that, she’s just deadwood when she’s with a man in a sexual situation. Am I the only one?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve been watching this show for literally years and have seen Sharon having multiple relationships with multiple men multiple times. The one and only time I saw any heat or passion was when she was with Adam in New Orleans. I think that was MM. Other than that, she’s just deadwood when she’s with a man in a sexual situation. Am I the only one?

No you're not. I have tried to picture someone she had any chemistry with.  Besides MM's Adam. I have come up empty. Not with JM, PB, Private Plywood, Rey and Oh No, My Eyes! Grampire.

• Love 6