Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

The heart wants what it wants. 😁

I never cared for the Adam/Chelsea pairing, mainly because I couldn't stand original grifter Chelsea or MCE. It's a shame to bring back Adam to saddle him with her when he would be so much better with SC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Looks like Paul arrests Adam this Friday so yeah lol

On today's CDN, Drinki tells her kidlets and Billy that Pricktor took care of all of Adam's legal woes, via the Governor, etc.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

On today's CDN, Drinki tells her kidlets and Billy that Pricktor took care of all of Adam's legal woes, via the Governor, etc.

Well, of course he did! Just shove those pesky legal issues right out the door, Old Victor! Make me gag, yet again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

poor paul..no one told him

And that is too bad, because his interrogation of Mia finally gave Paulie a win!  He got her confession in two seconds flat.  And now he is back to being humiliated by Pricktor.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Based on that pic with him and Sharon, I'd say Rey-Rey's days are numbered.

Which thank goodness because they are the epitome of negative chemistry.

Rey's appeal to me is that he's not Nick...and it ends there. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

In Canada, the May 13th episode already aired. I think he's allright, something about him reminds me of Chris Engen's Adam, tho, I dunno, maybe it's the age thing. So far, I'm enjoying his performance, I think he has potential. What do you think?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

In Canada, the May 13th episode already aired. I think he's allright, something about him reminds me of Chris Engen's Adam, tho, I dunno, maybe it's the age thing. So far, I'm enjoying his performance, I think he has potential. What do you think?

Better than i thought. Hes done his homework

• Love 4

I think the new Adam is really good looking and super striking from certain angles. JH is pretty on the eyes and a decent actor and seems like a nice guy.....but there was never the edge there that Adam was supposed to have. I tuned out for a few months/year-ish mainly because it seemed redundant to have all those generic, milquetoast leading men under JFP: Dylan, Nick, JH Adam.

I'm game to give new Adam a shot.

• Love 12
(edited)
39 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

I think the new Adam is really good looking and super striking from certain angles. JH is pretty on the eyes and a decent actor and seems like a nice guy.....but there was never the edge there that Adam was supposed to have. I tuned out for a few months/year-ish mainly because it seemed redundant to have all those generic, milquetoast leading men under JFP: Dylan, Nick, JH Adam.

I totally agree. Hartley is pleasant looking and a decent actor, but JFP basically cast him against type and retailored the character to fit his style. JFP essentially re-wrote the character entirely IMO. He worked better with MCE than Muhney did (who actually resented the hell out of being paired with her). Both JH and MCE were homogenized characters. I don't think much about MCE, who I'd just as soon stayed the hell off the show. Hartley could be edgier because he has the chops to pull it off, but they wanted the boy next door. Grossman already shows an edgier approach to the part and he certainly looks like Victor's son. (He actually looks more like EB than JM ever has or could).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

Mark's approach is dark, mysterious, just like Adam should be.  I can picture this version of the character pulling off some really shady schemes, which is exactly what we want from him. With JH it was a different story. TPTB insisted more on him wanting to get back to his family after he nearly died, the writers leaving out most of his devious, scheming persona. This was okay but as "Toomuchsoap" noted in the previous post, they re-wrote the character to fit that mellow, calmer tone that JH brought to the character. I'm not saying he was bad, far from it, but he pulled a different Adam than we were used to.

I think that if Mark Grossman will keep this up, I'm gonna love his Adam portrayal, no question about it. He's good.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Mark's approach is dark, mysterious, just like Adam should be.  I can picture this version of the character pulling off some really shady schemes, which is exactly what we want from him. With JH it was a different story. TPTB insisted more on him wanting to get back to his family after he nearly died, the writers leaving out most of his devious, scheming persona. This was okay but as "Toomuchsoap" noted in the previous post, they re-wrote the character to fit that mellow, calmer tone that JH brought to the character. I'm not saying he was bad, far from it, but he pulled a different Adam than we were used to.

I think that if Mark Grossman will keep this up, I'm gonna love his Adam portrayal, no question about it. He's good.

He is good that I didnt even think about his age. Hope he keeps it up

• Love 3

Next week: Adam wants to leave GC but gets shot by a mysterious person. When he wakes up, he has his memory back. Victor wants the family to accept him but they're not interested. Nick is worried about his relationship with Christian

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, taavir40 said:

Next week: Adam wants to leave GC but gets shot by a mysterious person. When he wakes up, he has his memory back. Victor wants the family to accept him but they're not interested. Nick is worried about his relationship with Christian

Well, THAT was quick. Back in town a week and already shot. WTH? But he had to get his memory back some way. I guess they thought this might juice up the May Sweeps ratings a bit in the process.

I'm kind of experiencing a wee bit of whiplash with the about-face that Morina and Griffith have done with the Newman clan reverting back to their more distant past resentment of Adam. Yet they're fine with the fact that their old man conspired with Chloe to railroad Adam into a murder conviction, and the fact that she repeatedly tried to murder him (three attempts!), and when it appeared that she finally had succeeded, Victor hustled her out of town in his private jet. I know that Nick wasn't all that fine with that when he followed Victor to the airstrip and watched that happen back then. The two brothers had forged if not a friendship, they had a rapprochement that made Adam want Nick to be watch over Chelsea and his boys. I guess they do plan to make Adam darker than just grey this go around.

• Love 8

New Adam literally looks a couple years shy of Noah. That’s no insult to SC, but please, the production must have some perspective. 

(And I google to find out he’s a year younger than RA who last played Noah!).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Only on a soap can you get shot and get your memory back. Can't he at least hit his head on something? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Only on a soap can you get shot and get your memory back. Can't he at least hit his head on something? 

I was hoping, that THIS TIME it would take at least a colonoscopy to trigger his memory.

• LOL 13
21 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

"She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don’t know."

• LOL 11
36 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

"She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don’t know."

LOL!!

We could use a Cousin Eddie about now!

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I dunno, I think the shitter's full. 👅

Oh, boy. They don’t make them like they used to, do they?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I'm kind of experiencing a wee bit of whiplash with the about-face that Morina and Griffith have done with the Newman clan reverting back to their more distant past resentment of Adam.

Yeah, this is just silly.  Everyone is so worried about what Adam will do!  Dun dun dun!!!

JH-recipe Adam was definitely supported by Nick, with Nick choosing Adam over Prick.  I don't recall Vic being terrified of Adam.  Even Drinki  was helping Adam.  

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Well, THAT was quick. Back in town a week and already shot. WTH? But he had to get his memory back some way. I guess they thought this might juice up the May Sweeps ratings a bit in the process.

I'm kind of experiencing a wee bit of whiplash with the about-face that Morina and Griffith have done with the Newman clan reverting back to their more distant past resentment of Adam. Yet they're fine with the fact that their old man conspired with Chloe to railroad Adam into a murder conviction, and the fact that she repeatedly tried to murder him (three attempts!), and when it appeared that she finally had succeeded, Victor hustled her out of town in his private jet. I know that Nick wasn't all that fine with that when he followed Victor to the airstrip and watched that happen back then. The two brothers had forged if not a friendship, they had a rapprochement that made Adam want Nick to be watch over Chelsea and his boys. I guess they do plan to make Adam darker than just grey this go around.

Yes, I'm having some issues with this revisionist history, as well, particularly as it pertains to Victor.

Apparently, he can do whatever he wants - to them and to everyone else - and gets a free pass.  Adam, not so much.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, bannana said:

JH-recipe Adam was definitely supported by Nick, with Nick choosing Adam over Prick.  I don't recall Vic being terrified of Adam.  Even Drinki  was helping Adam.  

Yeah they were all team Adam with JH's ending of Adam. Now it's like that never happened.

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

It's like getting bashed in the head, falling into a pool and all but drowning, and waking up with liver failure.

Oh, well. It figures. He's been shot a couple of times before, so it makes some sense this could jog his memory.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Yeah they were all team Adam with JH's ending of Adam. Now it's like that never happened.

Yeah, what got into them? Did Nick totally forget the heartwarming moments that he had with his brother while he was in prison? All the "be a father to my son" talk? And did he forget that he was ready to tear into his father when he found out that he aided his brother's killer? Now everyone is just so pissed at Adam for being alive it's ridiculous.

And just when I thought they'd bring us some twists and turns, with Adam having flashbacks about his past and other stuff, nope, let's just shoot him, have him wake up in the hospital and that's it. Why the hell are they rushing this story?

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Yeah, what got into them? Did Nick totally forget the heartwarming moments that he had with his brother while he was in prison? All the "be a father to my son" talk? And did he forget that he was ready to tear into his father when he found out that he aided his brother's killer? Now everyone is just so pissed at Adam for being alive it's ridiculous.

And just when I thought they'd bring us some twists and turns, with Adam having flashbacks about his past and other stuff, nope, let's just shoot him, have him wake up in the hospital and that's it. Why the hell are they rushing this story?

Totally agree with this....why the rush?

It's really the only decent drama they have on the show, albeit one they've played before.

• Love 5
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

I think they just want to get him in there. Hes alive hes back move on. Since this is his 3rd return 

Edited by taavir40
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think they just want to get him in there. Hes alive hes back move on. Since this is his 3rd return 

Yeah but they could've done it in so many ways. Better ways. For example, the only good thing about Chelsea's horrible exit story was that Mal Old left that story open ended in a way. Who did she call when she skipped town? JG could've made it to be Adam. It's not a great choice but it's better than to say that Victor ran into his dead son while in Vegas(?!). Even in soap land this is dumb. I get that we must suspend our disbelief when it comes to a man walking out from a car and later a cabin explosion looking like a supermodel and losing a decade from his age but my overall feeling is that they just didn't care to give Adam a proper return story. It's rushed and it makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, spinxella said:

BqYrO5.jpg

Am I seeing correctly? Is Kevin back already?

1 hour ago, Aaron Newton said:

I could not agree more. Here was an opportunity for a ton of drama, teasing out his memories little by little, building suspense. What does he remember? Here's a flash, there's a flash. With it finally coming together at the pinnacle of anticipation BOOM! He remembers EVERYTHING! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

On one hand, I found the original Team Adam attitude to be a huge departure, considering everyone at his funeral had a rightful grudge to pick with him or just not inclined forgiving. 

OTOH, they made their bed and should lie in it. And preferably not kill him off a third (fourth?) time when the actor eventually wants out or they get bored of the character. 

• Love 4
On 5/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, JasonCC said:

and a cookie. He needs one.

11 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Totally agree with this....why the rush?

Did they hire Game of Thrones unemployed writers?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently Chloe is also returning, I guess the fan service goes on... I don't get it: In just a couple weeks we find out Adam's been alive all along, since then he's already been introduced to everybody, his family already hates him because reasons, and now he's been shot by an unknown assailant, most likely Chloe which will cause his amnesia to go away.. Are you freaking' kidding me? Are they even trying? The last time Adam was resurrected they created a proper story arc for him that really had an impact and was extremely emotional. This is a joke, I wouldn't be surprised if "Adam" turned out to be an impostor at this point, by the lack of emotion this whole story got. I get the feeling JG doesn't really know what he wants to do with this story. Why the hell is he rushing everything? I don't get it.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

Apparently Chloe is also returning, I guess the fan service goes on... I don't get it: In just a couple weeks we find out Adam's been alive all along, since then he's already been introduced to everybody, his family already hates him because reasons, and now he's been shot by an unknown assailant, most likely Chloe which will cause his amnesia to go away.. Are you freaking' kidding me? Are they even trying? The last time Adam was resurrected they created a proper story arc for him that really had an impact and was extremely emotional. This is a joke, I wouldn't be surprised if "Adam" turned out to be an impostor at this point, by the lack of emotion this whole story got. I get the feeling JG doesn't really know what he wants to do with this story. Why the hell is he rushing everything? I don't get it.

Josh wrote the gabriel Bingham story 

• Love 2
(edited)

How do you like the new Adam so far? Poor Mark can't catch a break, he's on like every episode.

And what about Brandon, wasn't he supposed to have a big story with Victoria? Is he gone already?

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2019 at 3:51 PM, taavir40 said:

chloes back.

Is this some convoluted plan put together by Victurd and Addumb to trap Chloe for blowing up the cabin (or whatever she did to kill Adam)?  They are luring her back to the scene of the crime so she can be arrested and tried in the appropriate jurisdiction? Surprise Victor, attempted murder is not a crime in GC [see: Mia clobbers Lola].

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Adam has thrown down the gauntlet -- he'll leave town peacefully if Nick gives up custody of Christian, helps him locate Chelsea and Connor, and he and Victoria manage to scrape up $500 million as a going away present. Nick confronts Adam about his outrageous demands.
#YR

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I stupidly didn't think the return of Josh as Y&R was going to turn it into the Adam Newman Shitshow this quickly. I was actually surprised at how rushed all of this Adam related stuff has been. I get wanting to skip over or try to wave away Mal's stuff. Too many characters I was happy to see leave seem to be getting brought back all at one time. 😕

• Love 4
(edited)

Adam has thrown down the gauntlet -- he'll leave town peacefully if Nick gives up custody of Christian, helps him locate Chelsea and Connor, and he and Victoria manage to scrape up $500 million as a going away present. Nick confronts Adam about his outrageous demands.
#YR

Not feeling this new Adam. Not because of the actor (tho the age doesn't help) but because the writing is so not like him... He'd hang around just to stick it to his family, wouldn't pack up his bags and just leave. Money? He has all the money in the freakin' world, he's Victor Newman's son. None of this makes any sense.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3