Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

In Nevada, Victor talks to the psychiatrist and learns ‘he’ bolted from their session – Victor wanted too much too soon, it was overload. Victor wants the doctor to tell him everything that was said, then he’ll find ‘him’ and fix this. He pays the psychiatrist and warns him to keep his mouth shut. “You don’t want to disappoint me twice.”

• Love 2

I think this Adam is fine age-wise, he was always supposed to be younger than Victoria or Nick. I just don't see the point of bringing Chelsea back either way. She never really clicked with anyone and it always felt to me like her character was redundant and unfairly usurped Chloe. 

• Love 14

Interesting...I don't see Adam as Sharon's "ride or die".  Maybe it's because I really hated Adam at the time.  That's not to say that I loved Adam at any particular time, I just think that the Justin Hartley version of Adam was written in a way that would make one feel a tiny bit empathetic. 

Sharon Case and Michael Muhney are good friends, so I'm wondering if she said that as a way to boost his moral or his chances of coming back and reprising the role?

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Interesting...I don't see Adam as Sharon's "ride or die".  Maybe it's because I really hated Adam at the time.  That's not to say that I loved Adam at any particular time, I just think that the Justin Hartley version of Adam was written in a way that would make one feel a tiny bit empathetic. 

Sharon Case and Michael Muhney are good friends, so I'm wondering if she said that as a way to boost his moral or his chances of coming back and reprising the role?

i think shes fine with MG. I don't think she would risk his job like that. 

• Love 2

Victor tells Sharon that Adam is alive. Sharon is in shock. Victor starts reminding Sharon of the relationship she had with Adam, and how he felt about her. Sharon is overcome with emotion walking through memory lane. Talking about Adam brings Sharon and Victor together a little. It softens their relationship and connects them. Sharon tries to process what this means for her and her future. "It's a life changing situation," says Sharon. "It was the most intense relationship she's had; Adam is her ride or die." As for where this leaves Sharon and Rey, Sharon says: "I think that there will be a lot of questions about everybody's relationships because it could change things for Sharon and Rey, Sharon and Nick, and then there's Chelsea, too. They have to find Adam and see what he says about it." 

Expect Adam's resurrection to shake up Genoa City. 

"This is Victor Newman Jr. and his relationship with Victor is a big deal. Adam is a key person in GC. Knowing him coming back affects everyone's lives. It's going to be a big shock. "

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Victor tells Sharon that Adam is alive. Sharon is in shock. Victor starts reminding Sharon of the relationship she had with Adam, and how he felt about her. Sharon is overcome with emotion walking through memory lane. Talking about Adam brings Sharon and Victor together a little. It softens their relationship and connects them. Sharon tries to process what this means for her and her future. "It's a life changing situation," says Sharon. "It was the most intense relationship she's had; Adam is her ride or die." As for where this leaves Sharon and Rey, Sharon says: "I think that there will be a lot of questions about everybody's relationships because it could change things for Sharon and Rey, Sharon and Nick, and then there's Chelsea, too. They have to find Adam and see what he says about it." 

Expect Adam's resurrection to shake up Genoa City. 

"This is Victor Newman Jr. and his relationship with Victor is a big deal. Adam is a key person in GC. Knowing him coming back affects everyone's lives. It's going to be a big shock. "

Ok now this I am interested in and maybe just maybe it will get Summer of my screen and put on a back burner

• Love 8
23 hours ago, JasonCC said:

think this Adam is fine age-wise, he was always supposed to be younger than Victoria or Nick. I

Yep, the mistake was MAB's originally. I remember Adam #1 was fairly young and that MM was considerably older than him. JH was seen as a deSORASing of sorts IIRC. 

The only problem comes from all the history he had with Sharon but given every other issue with this character it might as well be a minor nitpick. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Yep, the mistake was MAB's originally. I remember Adam #1 was fairly young and that MM was considerably older than him. JH was seen as a deSORASing of sorts IIRC. 

I blame the two male writers at that time more than MAB. Scott Hamner, I can't pull the other guy's name up out of the vault right at this second, but they had pretty much taken over the day-to-day heavy lifting with writing by then as MAB was the sole EP and supposed HW, but I think they were the de facto writers until they were all sacked.

SC was older than MM by about three years IIRC. We never saw SC with JH for one reason only IMY: JFP was only invested in her pet project Dylan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Totally called it, a couple of weeks ago, lol. Back then I was just joking but turns out that Victor's psychiatrist actually IS Dr Lipschitz from Suits, same actor. And Victor uses "Spider" as the code name for Adam.

image.png.1c9e068889aae90e6bb090204bee773a.png

Can't help but notice that in the May 3rd episode, they played the song that also played back in 2014-2015 when Adam returned from the dead the first time.

This is the song: https://soundcloud.com/rc-cates/3069-up-and-adam

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Totally called it, a couple of weeks ago, lol. Back then I was just joking but turns out that Victor's psychiatrist actually IS Dr Lipschitz from Suits, same actor. And Victor uses "Spider" as the code name for Adam.

image.png.1c9e068889aae90e6bb090204bee773a.png

Can't help but notice that in the May 3rd episode, they played the song that also played back in 2014-2015 when Adam returned from the dead the first time.

This is the song: https://soundcloud.com/rc-cates/3069-up-and-adam

Revealed in todays Canadian no plastic surgery for Adam. Hes been running an underground poker ring using the name spider. Victor saw him but Adam didnt recognize victor 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

In have a couple questions:

1. How can Adam not remember anything about himself or his life before the accident, but somehow remember how to play poker on a professional level, as Nick pointed out?

2. How did Victor even know about Adam being alive? It was never hinted, no build-up to it, nothing. Did he just wake up one morning and think to himself that Adam could be alive after all? What or who tipped him off?

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
38 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

1. How can Adam not remember anything about himself or his life before the accident, but somehow remember how to play poker on a professional level, as Nick pointed out?

2. How did Victor even know about Adam being alive? It was never hinted, no build-up to it, nothing. Did he just wake up one morning and think to himself that Adam could be alive after all? What or who tipped him off?

I think he just ran into him in Vegas while he was there on business.

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

Victor said he ran into Adam.

• Love 3
On 5/3/2019 at 10:19 AM, Artsda said:

Ride or die? Interesting, I guess could be true since she didn't care what he did even stealing her kid.

WELL... Take Dummer....she killed Adam's and Chelsea's baby and was rewarded with a new car...drove a teen to the edge of suicide but he DID apologize. meanwhile Adam was rewarded by the family tieing him to a chair and almost killing him.

Nikki's murdered - just a handful - but was comforted afterward.

Victor.... just no. 

I still say whatever Ashley was pregnant with after massive cancer treatments for lady cancer was imaginary... as it was later. 

• Love 10
(edited)
11 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Oh, didn't remember him saying that.

Mark Grossman at the Daytime Emmys. From Christian LeBlanc's Instagram.

image.png.af1f96d1b11069baece3d5ba32eff1f3.png

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Plus Adam saved Sharon's son and somebody else's kid too. 

has anyone else saved anyone? I know Prick got a bunch of people killed.

beorge saved noah's life when noah fell in the pond while ice skating..

unfortunately the navy seal died doing it..

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

i dubbed brad beorge (brad/george) when they rewrote history during that stupid reliquary s/l whereby brad carlton (george kaplan) name was stolen and he took his best friends identity to hide from the nazis...he had been a navy seal also...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, taavir40 said:

Ran into him? Seriously. Did he actually say that? How the hell does somebody "run into" their supposed dead son in Vegas and drop it casually like he just ran into Tightpants at Crimson Lights this morning?

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Ran into him? Seriously. Did he actually say that? How the hell does somebody "run into" their supposed dead son in Vegas and drop it casually like he just ran into Tightpants at Crimson Lights this morning?

I dunno but he did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

My theory:   The cabin exploded real good and Adam was blown into the air and landed in Victor's arms. Victor looked at  his son and said, "Vegas?"  Adam replied, "Kay".

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

i dubbed brad beorge (brad/george) when they rewrote history during that stupid reliquary s/l whereby brad carlton (george kaplan) name was stolen and he took his best friends identity to hide from the nazis...he had been a navy seal also...

I missed ALL of that story and it's now like the stuff of legends 🤣 Everytime I do a search for anything relating to this story, I get nothing on YouTube and I'm sad cuz I wanna see Brad crush a Nazi to death with his thighs of steel (and also make GIF sets to use for certain...discussion across media 🙃)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

On one hand, it's kinda lame, I agree. Adam's first return from the dead (2014) was done way better and had more substance. This whole gig just looks rushed and thrown out there.

On the other hand, let's understand that Griffith and Morina had to make do with what Mal left them. And seeing how Sussman and Young hated Adam and didn't want him back, they totally excised him and his family altogether from the soap, making it very difficult to write him back in.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

On one hand, it's kinda lame, I agree. Adam's first return from the dead (2014) was done way better and had more substance. This whole gig just looks rushed and thrown out there.

On the other hand, let's understand that Griffith and Morina had to make do with what Mal left them. And seeing how Sussman and Young hated Adam and didn't want him back, they totally excised him and his family altogether from the soap, making it very difficult to write him back in.

I loved the mysterious Bingham Estate and the weird Norman Bates vibe with his strange mother. I wish they had kept either that set or the one where Adam and Chelzzz lived when he was dealing with Sharon's craziness after she burned down the ranch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I missed ALL of that story and it's now like the stuff of legends 🤣 Everytime I do a search for anything relating to this story, I get nothing on YouTube and I'm sad cuz I wanna see Brad crush a Nazi to death with his thighs of steel (and also make GIF sets to use for certain...discussion across media 🙃)

i went looking also...i guess y&r cracked down on all the people who would upload their own vids of y&r.  used to be lots of them but not anymore..seems it is only official cbs y&r videos being allowed..copyright i guess.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i went looking also...i guess y&r cracked down on all the people who would upload their own vids of y&r.  used to be lots of them but not anymore..seems it is only official cbs y&r videos being allowed..copyright i guess.

Funny enough, there's a B&B channel showing full episodes from 2009 which usually has a viewer lock but recently all those got freed up a few months ago. And CBS typically comes down way harder on that show's clips than Y&R.

That said, I've been looking a long time and NEVER find anything for this story at any point since I've had high speed internet. It's like fans have 1984'd the shit outta this. I can't blame fandom for wanting to forget that existed 🤣

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 4

no kidding.  we were supposed to believe vikki could "mcgyver" a vase or whatever it was with a glue gun and fake gems to look like something from the 16th (?) century or whatever..and nazis .  just stupid stupid stupid.  of course vikki had not long before earned her art history degree in a college/ university in italy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

no kidding.  we were supposed to believe vikki could "mcgyver" a vase or whatever it was with a glue gun and fake gems to look like something from the 16th (?) century or whatever..and nazis .  just stupid stupid stupid.  of course vikki had not long before earned her art history degree in a college/ university in italy.

I remember vaguely how they would have these storylines with intrigue and murder and stuff and then just stop... not solved or explained...just petered out.  

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, taavir40 said:

D6IXj0uXoAAH7pi.jpeg.jpg

D6HtASoX4AANwt3.jpeg.jpg

What I wouldn't give for Adam's first word to Sharon to be,

"Mom"??

Edited by boes
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

I think they'll hook up and that'll be the thing that will jump start Adam's memory.

33 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

the golden cooter is magic.

it's the Genoa City version of Quidditch!

Now I want Sharon to call him MISTER Potter!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Mark says he didn't know which character he was auditioning for until he got the role, received the paperwork, and saw the name. After he inked the deal, he started researching Adam and watching scenes on YouTube. He has tons of respect for Chris, Michael, and Justin.
#YR

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Based on that pic with him and Sharon, I'd say Rey-Rey's days are numbered.

Which thank goodness because they are the epitome of negative chemistry.

Rey is growing on me and I think he makes a good couple with Sharon. Besides, Adam will be reunited with Chelsea soon enough, so i don't see a long-term Shadam resurrection.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Rey is growing on me and I think he makes a good couple with Sharon. Besides, Adam will be reunited with Chelsea soon enough, so i don't see a long-term Shadam resurrection.

Looks like Paul arrests Adam this Friday so yeah lol

• Useful 2
  • Love 1