Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, lurker22 said:

So a few questions - 1) is this a one-off scheduling on Tues and Legends will move back to Mondays after (before?) the crossover, and 2) if this is not its season premiere, does the actual season premiere happen before or after 14 Jan, and 3) will it be related to whatever happened in the crossover?

I have no info so this is me assuming: 1) one off Tuesday hour strictly for the crossover and LOT's season will be on Monday as announced, 2) the actual season will premiere after the crossover to avoid confusion, 3) there will likely be fallout from the events of the crossover but it won't be in the same vein as when Stein died during Earth-X so the team will focus on fighting the Death Eaters or whatever their plan is.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Proteus said:

Legends was never announced to be airing again on Mondays though. I don't know where they'd move All American and Black Lightning if it did.

After Arrow ends the slot after The Flash is open.

3 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

But Arrow has two more episodes to air after the crossover. So would Legends premiere during the crossover, take a hiatus for two weeks, then take over Arrow’s old slot? That would kill the crossover momentum.

I guess; but CW has never minded long hiatuses with Legends anyway. Airing Arrow's  last two episodes back-to-back is also an (less likely) option to shorten the hiatus. 

5 hours ago, Trini said:

I guess; but CW has never minded long hiatuses with Legends anyway. Airing Arrow's  last two episodes back-to-back is also an (less likely) option to shorten the hiatus. 

Maybe Flash wont return until Arrow is finished. We know Flash will air 609 as their crossover episode and Arrow will be 808. Arrow is premiering one week after the Flash. If Arrow is having a double episode for its series finale i could see them delaying the Flash and LOT until the end of January. 

44 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I can't believe this is a "creative" decision. Losing Ray is just heartbreaking! And they're keeping RAMONA! Ugh!

I'm pretty sure Mona's gone too. Both Ramona Young and the actress that plays Wolfie posted their goodbyes on Social Media a few weeks ago. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shantown said:

I wanted them to pare down the bloated cast, BUT NOT LIKE THIS 😞

Same.  Actually can’t believe how upset I am about this.  😡😭🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

Oh man, the news about Brandon and Courtney totally sucks.   I love what Ray brings to the team, he has the natural good humor and positivity that tempers Sara's cynicism and Mick's broodiness.  I am really bummed about this, even moreso because Ray and Nora have actual on screen chemistry and this is the one romantic pairing I think the show could have gotten right (they've been abysmal in that area, imo: The Hawks, Kendra & Ray, Amaya& Nate, ye Gods, esp. Nate and Zari and I am sorry but I am not a fan of Sara and Ava either).

Sigh, i wonder if it is money?  They've been able to write around having Ray go tiny but maybe they just don't want to bother anymore?

• Love 2

That really does suck and I still think there's a lot of story left with Ray and Nora.  Seems like a strange decision if this is purely a creative one.

They teased Sara and Mick being the last two originals standing last year and looks like that's come to pass.  I never thought Mick would have lasted this long but DC and the writers have done a great job with his character.

I'm confused as to who is on the team now.

I'll definitely miss Brandon and Courtney.  Routh was always a great addition and Courtney was able to slide into the show nicely.  It helps that the two of them had a great chemistry together, which isn't always the case with real-life married couples. 

Edited by benteen
  • Love 6

This is awful news, and a really stupid choice by the show. I know I complained about the enormous cast and I wanted it fixed, but not like this! 

I just dont know how they apparently dont have stories for them anymore, it seems like Ray and Nora both have tons left to do on the show. At least it sounds like Ray and Nora might just leave, and wont be killed off or be affected by whatever happens in Crisis. They at least deserve a happy ending.

• Love 5

Matt Ryan: Legends Star Has Theater Itch Again
Danielle Solzman   August 26, 2019
http://www.solzyatthemovies.com/2019/08/26/matt-ryan-legends-star-has-theater-itch-again/ 

During a Wizard World Chicago panel to discuss the Arrowverse, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow actor Matt Ryan spoke about performing on TV and stage.

Other panelists in the Arrowverse panel also included Kelly Hu and Teddy Sears.  A member of the audience asked a question about which medium is more challenging or fun.  While Kelly Hu said she doesn’t want to do stage, Teddy Sears commented that he would love to do animation but he’s never been picked.

“I love stage,” Matt Ryan told the audience. “Stage was my first love because you have direct contact with the audience. You’re your own editor, really. After six months and 200 performances of doing a play, you’re like “Get me off the stage!” I find that I get the same when I’ve been doing television or film for too long because I’m like G-d, get me on the stage. I’ve been lucky enough that I’ve been able to switch when I get bored of each medium. I haven’t done a play now for 2 years—2017 was when I last did a play and I’m starting to get that itch again.”

Edited by tv echo

Dragon Con, August 29-September 2, 2019 (Atlanta, GA)
Tala Ashe, Paul Blackthorne, Colton Haynes, Jes Macallan, Matt Ryan and Nick Zano
https://www.dragoncon.org/people-to-see/guests/
2019 Quick Start Guide (including Schedule Grids)
Text Schedule
-Fri. (8/30) at 5:30pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: A Glimpse into the Mysteries (Tala Ashe, Paul Blackthorne, Jes Macallan, Matt Ryan)
-Sat. (8/31) at 2:30pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: Insights from the Inside  (Tala Ashe, Paul Blackthorne, Colton Haynes, Jes Macallan, Matt Ryan, Nick Zano)
-Sun. (9/1) at 4:00pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: Guardians of Might & Magic  (Tala Ashe, Paul Blackthorne, Colton Haynes, Jes Macallan, Matt Ryan, Nick Zano)
-Mon. (9/2) at 1:00pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: The Hero Journey  (Colton Haynes, Jess Macallan)

Edited by tv echo

From Arrow/Legends panel at Dragon Con today (only Legends actors' comments posted here) - there were a lot of fan tweets during this panel, so I tried to be selective about which ones to post here (you can go to twitter threads to read other comments)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Legends Of Tomorrow’s Sara Lance Wants To Skin Gary Alive In Exclusive Season 4 Deleted Scene
Laura Hurley   September 20, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2480670/legends-of-tomorrows-sara-lance-wants-to-skin-gary-alive-in-exclusive-season-4-deleted-scene

You can soon rewatch "The Virgin Gary" and the rest of Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 with the September 24 release on Blu-ray and DVD, but we have an early exclusive deleted scene from the Season 4 premiere that features Sara threatening to skin Gary alive. Take a look!

Arrow star reveals they were originally meant to be a regular on Legends of Tomorrow
BY CHRIS EDWARDS   15/10/2019
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29473985/arrow-star-joseph-david-jones-regular-legends-of-tomorrow/

In typically complicated Arrowverse fashion, Arrow star Joseph David-Jones has played two versions of the same character.

The actor made his Arrowverse debut in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, appearing in two episodes of the show's first season as John Diggle Jr, who went by the name of Connor Hawke and took on the mantle of Green Arrow in an erased future timeline.

Three years later, David-Jones returned to play a different Connor Hawke in Arrow's seventh season, and will be returning as a series regular in the show's eighth and final season too.
"Initially when I went in on Legends, it was under the guise that this character could potentially become a series regular," he told Radio Times.

“But I think Legends was still trying to figure out their dynamic and how it worked, and they were changing out people on the ship so much, they just didn't know if it was going to fit…

"The idea was that I was going to go back and join up with the Legends and be one of their crew members on the ship. But because the tone of that show has changed so much, I think that idea just got scrapped."
Thankfully, as we all know, that wasn't the end of his time in the Arrowverse, with the actor revealing that Arrow boss Beth Schwartz later reached out to him with the intention of bringing him back into the world.

"She reached out to my manager to see if I was interested in returning before she wanted to pitch to the network and to the studio the potential of bringing me back as this character," he continued.

"They were still figuring it out when I'd signed on. They told me that I would no longer be JJ and that they had another JJ coming in that they were going to use, but they didn't tell me the exact differences between the one timeline that I was on Legends and the timeline that I am now.
"They really keep everything close to the chest because a lot of it ends up changing. They're coming up with these storylines and it's constantly changing."

Edited by tv echo

So....just going to toss this out there to see if there’s any interest.  Would anyone be interested in doing a Legends rewatch before the season starts?  There’s 67 episodes - 69 if you count the crossover that started it all.   I think I might try to do it (I’m definitely missing my Legends team right now) and post some thoughts on the episodes threads, but I thought it might be fun if others wanted to join in.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

So....just going to toss this out there to see if there’s any interest.  Would anyone be interested in doing a Legends rewatch before the season starts?  There’s 67 episodes - 69 if you count the crossover that started it all.   I think I might try to do it (I’m definitely missing my Legends team right now) and post some thoughts on the episodes threads, but I thought it might be fun if others wanted to join in.  

I'd be up for a rewatch. There's nothing else I'm watching now. I can watch any day besides Thursday when the Good Place is on.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Would anyone be interested in doing a Legends rewatch before the season starts?

I’m game though I vote either Friday or Saturday. Or I suppose we could grab an episode or two during the week if we agree to watch late. 

• Love 1

Awesome!  Do we want to set up specific times to watch, or have a little more flexibility?

I know we don’t know exactly when the show is coming back, but going by an estimated January 20 return date (not counting the crossover), that gives us 13 weeks.  So five-ish episodes a week, give or take a couple of episodes.  

I was thinking about going back and watch the crossover that started it all (Legends of Today/Legends of Yesterday), but the more I thought about it, the more I decided I didn’t want to wade through that mess again (sorry, to those who enjoyed it).  I’ll just start with the Pilot episode(s), but everyone can do what they want of course. 😄

12 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Awesome!  Do we want to set up specific times to watch, or have a little more flexibility?

I know we don’t know exactly when the show is coming back, but going by an estimated January 20 return date (not counting the crossover), that gives us 13 weeks.  So five-ish episodes a week, give or take a couple of episodes.  

I was thinking about going back and watch the crossover that started it all (Legends of Today/Legends of Yesterday), but the more I thought about it, the more I decided I didn’t want to wade through that mess again (sorry, to those who enjoyed it).  I’ll just start with the Pilot episode(s), but everyone can do what they want of course. 😄

Rofl.   Good for you,  because I was going to just start in season 2 whenever you guys get there.  😂😅

• LOL 1

Ok, so how about we say, for this first week (from now through Monday evening), we watch the first five episodes, at whatever time works best for your schedule.  So that would be:

• Pilot Parts 1 & 2
  • Blood Ties
  • White Knights
  • Fail-Safe

Would that work? Or would you all rather set up specific times?

• Love 2

Sounds good.  

Also, I think I’ll take out the two crossover episodes to make it an even five episodes a week.  Obviously everyone can watch them or not, as you feel so inclined, but I’ll just not include those in the five-episodes-a-week plan.    

17 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Sounds good.  

Also, I think I’ll take out the two crossover episodes to make it an even five episodes a week.  Obviously everyone can watch them or not, as you feel so inclined, but I’ll just not include those in the five-episodes-a-week plan.    

So you're giving those a hard pass?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MarkHB said:

So you're giving those a hard pass?

......oh.  I just got it. 🤦🏻‍♀️

In my (pitiful) defense, I had just woken up.  Wow.  That’s bad. 😳  😬😂

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3