Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

I’m not sure how many more seasons Legends has...probably not a lot.  Maybe only one after this one. But I doubt it would have anything to do with a Superman show.  That seems more like something that would replace Supergirl, if anything.

And as TVGrimReaper is fond of reminding people, “The CW hasn’t canceled a non-rookie show without announcing a final season at the same time (aka, ’renanceling’) since Hart Of Dixie in May, 2015.” Not to say that they might not change things up all of a sudden, but that has been the trend.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

I’m not sure how many more seasons Legends has...probably not a lot.  Maybe only one after this one. But I doubt it would have anything to do with a Superman show.  That seems more like something that would replace Supergirl.  

Supergirl isn't ending soon. My thought is that they know Legends is ending, so they are developing this new DC show.

• Love 1

If LOT is ending then why make Ray leave during the season? Why not let him finish the show with his fellow OGs Sara and Mick? They may announce LOT will end next season but I don’t think it will be this one. My guess is we’ll see the Arrowverse shows split up with some only doing mid season or maybe summer rather than the traditional Sept/Oct to May. 

• Love 4

It's possible they will be announcing LOT is ending in January after COIE, but yes, why have BR and CF leave mid season if it was planned to be the last one anyway. 

The CW hasn't failed to pick up an announced spin off of the Arrowverse yet and it's likely that both Superman and Lois: The SuperCrazy Family and Green Arrow and The Canaries are both pencilled in for next season unless something goes very wrong with the pilots or the budget calculations. But I can see at least one of them going at mid season and maybe another show cutting down on ep orders.

41 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

The CW hasn't failed to pick up an announced spin off of the Arrowverse yet and it's likely that both Superman and Lois: The SuperCrazy Family and Green Arrow and The Canaries are both pencilled in for next season ...

Yes; which is why I think that Legends might be ending. It would be too many DC/superhero shows on at once (including midseason).

1 hour ago, Trini said:

This spin-off news makes me think Legends is ending soon.

I don't know why you're connecting a new Superman show to Legends fate. One has nothing to do with the other. This doesn't effect Legends at all. Pedowitz already said they plan on keeping Legends, Supergirl, Flash, on for years to come.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Supergirl isn't ending soon. My thought is that they know Legends is ending, so they are developing this new DC show.

I think you're wrong about that. Supergirl is no different than Legends and Pedowitz had said both will go on for years including Flash, which is the show getting up there in age and the likely next to end.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I don't know why you're connecting a new Superman show to Legends fate. ...

I'm just speculating.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Maybe not; or not directly. But I also don't think it was a coincidence that Batwoman showed up as Arrow was winding down.

6 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I think you're wrong about that. Supergirl is no different than Legends ...

Very possible. But Supergirl is more popular with better brand recognition for DC. I think that makes some difference.

4 minutes ago, Trini said:

I'm just speculating.

Maybe not; or not directly. But I also don't think it was a coincidence that Batwoman showed up as Arrow was winding down.

Very possible. But Supergirl is more popular with better brand recognition for DC. I think that makes some difference.

Supergirl and Legends aren't in some either/or competition IMO on which one will end. For all we know CW will choose between Canaries and Superman. 

Or Black Lightning could be announced as ending since Pedowitz didn't mention it in his statement. Or Flash could be nearing the end since their contracts are up next year.

I think Batwoman would have happened regardless of Arrow. At the time it was announced Pedowitz said Batwoman didn't mean any other DC shows were ending. The CW does strange things. They can have as many DC shows in that they want.

Edited by Proteus

There's also a rumored Martian Manhunter spin-off . Someone who leaked the Superman show being in development also listed that as in development. I think both Legends and Supergirl have done well enough for the network that it would be unwise to announce that they are ending when their final seasons have already started or are just about to. Though it's a definite possibility they may end this season I think its more likely one of both of will end next year, possibly with shortened seasons. 

For all we know CW will choose between Canaries and Superman

I don't think they are. Superman is too big of a brand for them to pass on it and they are pushing that Arrow spin-off hard. The flashforwards main purpose is pretty much to set up that spin-off.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

There's also a rumored Martian Manhunter spin-off . Someone who leaked the Superman show being in development also listed that as in development. I think both Legends and Supergirl have done well enough for the network that it would be unwise to announce that they are ending when their final seasons have already started or are just about to. Though it's a definite possibility they may end this season I think its more likely one of both of will end next year, possibly with shortened seasons. 

I don't think they are. Superman is too big of a brand for them to pass on it and they are pushing that Arrow spin-off hard. The flashforwards main purpose is pretty much to set up that spin-off.

Unless the actors want to end their show, I do not think either Legends or Supergirl are ending. That's the only way a DC show will end IMO after what Pedowitz said.

• Love 1

I don't necessarily Pedowitz. Plans can change. Though as Starfish35 pointed out in the crisis thread the CW does not typically cancel its veteran shows without announcing a final season ahead of time. That definitely hasn't happened for Supergirl and if its going to happen for Legends it will have to be soon. They've both done well enough for the network that I think they will likely announce it ahead of time though it's not a guarantee.  

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I don't necessarily Pedowitz. Plans can change. Though as Starfish35 pointed out in the crisis thread the CW does not typically cancel its veteran shows without announcing a final season ahead of time. That definitely hasn't happened for Supergirl and if its going to happen for Legends it will have to be soon. They've both done well enough for the network that I think they will likely announce it ahead of time though it's not a guarantee.  

I don't think Legends or Supergirl are getting canceled or being announced as final seasons. No reason to end either of them.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Proteus said:

Supergirl and Legends aren't in some either/or competition IMO on which one will end. For all we know CW will choose between Canaries and Superman. 

Or Black Lightning could be announced as ending since Pedowitz didn't mention it in his statement. Or Flash could be nearing the end since their contracts are up next year.

I think Batwoman would have happened regardless of Arrow. At the time it was announced Pedowitz said Batwoman didn't mean any other DC shows were ending. The CW does strange things. They can have as many DC shows in that they want.

It's possible, but I don't think they're going to turn down Superman however it turns out unless network politics is involved and they're giving one of Arrow's final episodes to  backdoor pilot. The CW has never failed to pick up an announced Arrowverse pilot and these were in production close together and planned for a while. Batwoman was on the schedule once she was announced for Elseworlds. I think they're both pencilled in for now, though that could change. Space certainly seems to be an issue though. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Featherhat said:

It's possible, but I don't think they're going to turn down Superman however it turns out unless network politics is involved and they're giving one of Arrow's final episodes to  backdoor pilot. The CW has never failed to pick up an announced Arrowverse pilot and these were in production close together and planned for a while. Batwoman was on the schedule once she was announced for Elseworlds. I think they're both pencilled in for now, though that could change. Space certainly seems to be an issue though. 

This is the first time however we've had two Arrowverse shows in development at the same time for the same season. I was just saying it's possible they'll choose only one. But even if they choose both, I don't think it means anything in regards to the ones they already have.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, darkestboy said:

I can agree with that line of thinking to be honest. 

Nice Season 5 poster. I wonder if they'll wait until the first three parts of COIE to air before releasing a trailer for the next season.

I kind of hope they wait until the whole crossover is done. I think new trailer will get lost in the hype of the crossover promos, especially if the December cliffhanger is really good.

I think a good marketing team might could balance promoting the second half of the crossover and Legends’ premiere. I don’t think the CW is that good.

Just posting this for anyone who might be interested or for those who might have lost track or want to jump in.  

Legends Rewatch Schedule....

• Oct 22-28: 1.01 - 1.05
  • Oct 29-Nov 4: 1.06 - 1.10
  • Nov 5-11: 1.10 - 1.15
  • Nov 12-18: 1.16-2.04
  • Nov 19-25: 2.05, 2.06, * 208-2.10
  • Nov 26-Dec 2: 2.11 - 2.15
  • Dec 3-9: 2.16 - 3.03
  • Dec 10-16: 3.04-3.07, * 3.09
  • Dec 17-23: 3.10 - 3.14
  • Dec 24-30: 3.15 - 4.01
  • Dec 31-Jan 6: 4.02 - 4.06
  • Jan 7-13: 4.07 - 4.11
  • Jan 14-20: 4.12 - 4.16
  • January 21: Season 5 premiere

* 2.07 and 3.08 are the crossover episodes so I skipped them in this schedule.  

It’s very flexible and anyone who wants to join in can do so at whatever pace they’re comfortable with, and at whatever point they want.  The general idea is just to be done by the season premiere, and have fun. 😂

Is Sara in Slytherin because she was an assassin. I think she fits in Gryffindor. Also I think Zari is more of Ravenclaw than Hufflepuff. 

ETA to say that I think Constantine is more Slytherin and Charlie is more Ravenclaw as well. 

• Love 3

I am probably one of the few people in the world who have never read Harry Potter, but I’ve picked up the general idea of the houses just through fandom osmosis.  So yeah, I questioned several of those placements myself, but I wasn’t sure I was qualified to say anything. 😄

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I am probably one of the few people in the world who have never read Harry Potter

Have you seen the movies? 

Sara does fit some of the Slytherin traits, but I think she fits all of the Gryffindor ones. She'd be like Harry Potter, where she would do well in either house. 

I got Gryffindor when I took the test from the Pottermore site and I don't think I fit most of the traits. Lol 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

From Screenrant: 

Legends of Tomorrow Characters Sorted Into Their Hogwarts Houses

To summarize their article:

• Sara - Slytherin
  • Ray - Ravenclaw 
  • Constantine - Gryffindor 
  • Stein - Ravenclaw
  • Jax - Gryffindor 
  • Zari - Hufflepuff
  • Nate - Ravenclaw 
  • Charlie - Gryffindor 
  • Mick - Slytherin 
  • Mona - Hufflepuff

Thoughts?

I can't remember what I said the last time this came up but I think a lot of this would be based on the individual wants of each character. Since the Sorting Hat takes personal preferences into account, I'd think that Nate and Ray would both request Gryffindor, Sara would think she deserves Slytherin but I think she's better suited for Gryffindor, Stein would request Ravenclaw, Jax would probably have no idea what to request but I see him being a surprise Ravenclaw due to his mechanical talents, Mona would probably request Hufflepuff with pride, Mick wouldn't be paying attention but shrug with acceptance at getting Slytherin, Con's pretty ruthless so I think he'd get Slytherin and be fine with that, Charlie would definitely be Gryffindor, and Zari would suit all the houses so she'd get one of those super long sortings before being declared for Hufflepuff.

• Love 3

FYI...

Wizard World Bay Area, November 22-24, 2019 (Oakland, CA)
Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Matt Ryan, Neal McDonough and Katrina Law
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/bay-area
-Sat. (11/23) at 2:00pm - Legends Of Tomorrow Reunion With Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz And Matt Ryan
-Sun. (11/24) at 12:00pm - Women Of Sci-Fi And Fantasy: A Conversation With Holly Marie Combs, Courtney Ford And Katrina Law
-Sun. (11/24) at 1:00pm - From Dum Dum Dugan To Damien Dahrk: A Conversation With Neil McDonough

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I only transcribed some comments from this LoT panel (with BR, CF and CL) at Wizard World Bay Area in Oakland, CA, yesterday (Nov. 23)...

(steven alvarez)

-- On when S5 of LoT begins, BR: "It starts with the crossover, yeah." CL: "Our episode 1 is the end of the crossover. The finale of the crossover."

-- CF: "I'm standing in for Matt Ryan." Mod: "Unfortunately, he was delayed due to flight... Hopefully, he will be joining us at 6 pm." (Apparently, MR was filming overnight in Vancouver and missed his flight.)

-- All three of their characters started out on Arrow.

-- Mod: "Caity, you started, um, as The Canary, and then died, came back, and now -"  CL interrupted: "The Canary."  Mod: "The Canary. Wasn't always the Black Canary, then we've changed the names a bunch."

-- CF mentioned that her character, Nora Darhk, started on Arrow as a 10-year-old child and that Nora's mother was killed by Anarky, who was played by Alexander Calvert, who played CF's son on Supernatural.

-- BR talked about how they were all uncertain as to whether Beebo's debut in the Vikings episode would work.

-- Mod said that "we are so, so excited" that BR will be returning as Superman in the crossover and asked how that came about. BR: "Superman has always been a very important character, an opportunity for me in my life, launched my career largely. And, you know, I think there are a lot of feelings to be had about Superman Returns. And I think I always do my best to see that movie as a transitionary film, bringing that character into a new - new age and transitioning from Christopher Reeve, which anybody who would've taken on that role would've had a challenge to do. So I'm very proud of what that film did and where it's what Superman and where he's evolving to, you know, through the various people who've played him since. Um, and I felt like I had more - more to do with the character. I always felt, um, I would've liked another opportunity. And especially as I've gotten older, I've learned more about myself and my life and the world, that I thought, man, I could do this so much better because I have so much more maturity and wisdom and all kinds of things that Superman should have. But I didn't really - I hoped that maybe I'd have an opportunity to do this again but didn't really think it was a true possibility. But then Marc Guggenheim called up amidst, um - during hiatus last season and asked if I'd - floated the idea of being Superman again in the Crisis event. And I said, 'wow, that's - I'm honored, flattered that you would even ask me. Let me just think about that, to make sure that's the best decision for me.' And I talked it over with Courtney, thought about it myself, and realized that, you know, this was a great opportunity for me to close the door that I hadn't fully closed before. And thankfully, Marc was very open talking to me about what it going to look like and listening to me creatively about what I was finding a balance between what he needed for the - for me to be in the storyline - and what I wanted to have hold over from Superman Returns. And so we found a nice amalgam of those two characters, uh, those two storylines, and kind of put them into the same character. Um, there's a lot of confusion about what the character, who the character is. People truly have to - because I can't spoil it all - but they have to watch the event, um, the Crisis episodes, um, to know. But it is - it is - it is that Superman from Superman Returns in a different world, that storyline, but in the future, things have happened, um, that are similar to what has happened in the Kingdom Come, um, version of Superman. So it's a new issue - version, uh, but combining those two - those two worlds into it. So anyway, I was very honored to be able to play the character again, going through the whole process of trying on the suit, being in the suit, having to do - an amazing, wonderful response from people on social media liking the suit meant a tremendous amount to me, so I appreciate all of you who'd responded and liked and just been a part of the process. It - it means a lot to me to know that - that it means a lot to you guys, um,  because, um, that's who I'm doing it for... As much as it's for me, it's for everyone else, because if nobody else cares, then what does it matter to me?... So it's a team effort... I'm excited for people to see it. I feel now the door is closed."

-- Mod commented that CL's character has evolved from Sara Lance to Canary to White Canary and asked if there was a particular Sara or Canary that she liked the best. CL: "I always loved playing the early Sara Lance... I love dark drama. I do. I love it. Um, and there was a lot of that and that was really fun, especially second season [of Arrow], I really got to do a lot. And it was like just water stunts and like it's just - so much action, it was awesome. Um, the new Sara Lance has been fun and it's changing all the time. And sometimes it's like great being the captain, being the boss, and other times, I'm like, I want to be the character that just gets to mess around, not be in charge and on top of everything all the time. So it's been - it's been fun like playing with the comedy."

Spoiler

-- CL mentioned Black Lightning being in the Crisis crossover.

Spoiler

-- When asked about the crossover again, CL: "You know, actually, I got to work with Grant a lot, and Grant and I didn't work a lot together on the other crossovers. And I really loved working with him. That was really nice, um, yeah."

Spoiler

-- BR: "It was cool working with another Superman... Tyler's great, and we had - we had a lot of fun. We've quite a bit of stuff together in the Crisis event. And, uh, it was a good time. It was very cool." When asked what it was like playing opposite another Superman, BR: "We have very different takes on the character. So I might see, you know, his previous - some of his previous episodes, and so I kinda knew going in that we had a different take on both Superman and Clark. So I think, you know, there's no - not treading on anybody's ground there... So, uh, we were good."

Spoiler

-- When asked which suit was more comfortable, Superman suit or Atom suit, BR: "The most comfortable suit is probably the most recent suit, the Kingdom Come Superman suit. Yeah... The Atom suit got more comfortable as I was wearing it, but for a long period of time, it's all of the armored pieces get a little binding for the back and your posture. And I had to get into better shape to become Superman again, so when I did that, the Atom suit didn't fit as well, as I got bigger. Although it did have some adjustment ability, it made that more confining. But the Superman - the new Superman suit was made better. They just had so much technology of the team that made it, really did a great job, really listened to me, I had more input, which was awesome, about how I could fly in it and move in it."

Spoiler

-- In response to fan who asked if she had anything to say about the new Green Arrow and the Canaries spinoff, CL: "I say, 'hell, yeah.' I want to see that show. Yeah. Those women are awesome. I love them dearly. Um, I don't think I need to spin off anymore.. I've been spun around."

Spoiler

-- On  the next season of LoT, CL: "Episode 5, I directed... I got a cool, action episode."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Full video of "Women of Sci-Fi and Fantasy" panel at Wizard World Bay Area in Oakland, CA, on Nov. 24 - no spoilers...

Katrina Law, Holly Marie Combs, Courtney Ford At Wizard World Oakland Panel
Zennie62 Oakland News Now Today Commentary Vlog  Nov. 26, 2019

• Love 1

From Arrow to 'Crisis': Inside the evolution of the Arrowverse and its crossovers
By Chancellor Agard  December 02, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/12/02/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossovers-history/

A version of this story appears in Entertainment Weekly’s Ultimate Guide to the Arrowverse. Pick up your copy on newsstands today, or buy it online!
At the time of Supergirl’s launch, the producers were also developing the time-traveling drama DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which starred lovable screwups collected from the ranks of Arrow and The Flash, including Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/ White Canary), Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer/the Atom), and Dominic Purcell (Mick Rory/Heat Wave). Whereas the previous three series had a traditional development process, Legends didn’t even have time to make a pilot. “We literally just did clips from our other shows that we hadn’t used, and we shot two days of just like, ‘Wouldn’t this be cool to see all of these characters onscreen at the same time?’” says Berlanti.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1