Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

On 1/18/2020 at 8:21 AM, tarotx said:

We'll probably eventually learn it was somehow related to money...

It might all work out for the best if those rumors of Brandon getting a limited series on HBOMax to play Superman are true.  There have been quite a few somewhat reputable accounts posting about it over the past few days to rule it out, no matter how unlikely it would seem considering CW already is doing Superman and Lois. 

• Love 1

The overall reaction to Crisis seems lukewarm with most agreeing Routh's Superman was a shining spot.  It's would be odd if someone wasn't trying to find a way to capitalize on that response.  I do think Routh was let go from Legends due to money.   All the CW shows operate on a tight budget,, and Legends most of all.   Routh being an original cast member and having the most name recognition was likely the highest paid cast member and would get only more expensive when his contract renews.  

• Love 2

KL still ships Sara and Nyssa...

Katrina Law Wants Batwoman To Meet Nyssa Al Ghul
By Nicole Massabrook   01/19/20
https://www.ibtimes.com/katrina-law-wants-batwoman-meet-nyssa-al-ghul-2905365

The actress, who is currently starring on CBS’ “Hawaii Five-O,” says she still believes Nyssa’s soulmate is Caity Lotz’s Sara Lance/White Canary.

“Ava’s kind of putting a wrench in the whole plan, but whatever. She's cute. I get it,” Law laughed. “Just because you are soulmates doesn't mean you end up together romantically or in a relationship. I feel like there are different definitions and different incarnations of it... so, yeah, I do feel like Sara and Nyssa are soulmates, and Nyssa will forever hold Sara dear to her heart and will always go above and beyond for her and place her above all others.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I don't know if what I've hidden with spoiler tags is really a spoiler anymore, but just to be safe...

Legends of Tomorrow: The Evolution of Ray Palmer
Mike Cecchini   Jan 21, 2020
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/285453/legends-of-tomorrow-brandon-routh-ray-palmer-evolution 

Den of Geek: Can you take us back to the very beginning and talk about how Ray was originally pitched to you and how you found the character from those early days of Arrow to the wilder days of Legends of Tomorrow?
Brandon Routh:
I think Ray as originally conceived was more of a Tony Stark type and if you watch my first couple of episodes of Arrow, the dialogue, I am doing that. That's what the writers and producers had set forth, and I was fine with that for the most part, but I wanted him to have a softer edge than Tony Stark. He could have a little bit of an ego and be excited about his products and business and all that stuff, but have a softer side, which in the first two, three episodes starts to shift. And then thankfully the writers followed and we were all working together to make that happen...He was the CEO of Palmer Tech, which made a big difference because he was the leader. He had to be the boss, he had to be the idea man. And he also had to lead his team of employees. 
So in the transition to the Legends team, he was no longer the leader. He no longer had to be that version of Ray Palmer. He could be the Ray Palmer that knew every episode of Doctor Who, who played Dungeons and Dragons growing up. All of these things that he had kind of bottled up to be the CEO, were now able to come out. The boy scout, all of these things, which were a part of him he could now let loose because he didn't have the responsibility of being a team leader. As the show has progressed in seasons and he's still not tapped to be the leader, he can continue to do that and be more this other side of himself. I enjoy comedy and I just kept pushing the envelope. Audiences were responding and writers are responding and I just kept pushing the limit and they followed. And so we get to where we are today.

As Legends of Tomorrow went on, were you relieved to not have to wear that Atom suit quite as much?
Yes. I love the suit, and I love that aspect of the character. I definitely think the last couple of seasons, it's been missing and even though it's not always the most fun thing to be in and work long days in, I think it deserved to be present more in recent seasons. At the same time, given the budget that we're given for doing this TV series, it's not often enough to do the CG animation that the Atom deserves. So from the beginning it became apparent that this was going to be a lot more of kicking and punching and hand to hand combat, and that's fun, but it's hard to do in that suit. But the Atom is originally able to shrink. I was always pushing to have more of that, but we were limited by the budget, because we had all these other characters that had to have CGI and all kinds of others. So I would've liked a little bit more of it. I certainly would've appreciated more opportunity for cool miniaturization scenes, but it didn't end up being able to work out that way. That being said, there were some really awesome moments that they were able to do. All the visual effects teams worked incredibly hard at and they look really awesome.
The Legends set seems like a pretty fun and crazy place to be. Do you have any particular favorite moments, behind the scenes moments, whether it's stuff that made it to the screen or not? Because the energy between that cast is just so apparent to viewers.
It's become that. It's become a great place to be over the last few seasons. The first few seasons, we were finding our legs and the tone of the show, but certainly the last few seasons we've really jelled as a cast and relaxed and have a lot of fun on screen and off screen. They're not often funny, but half the time we do a lot of puns between takes. We like to keep it lively and joke and chastise each other.

I ended up doing a lot of improv during scenes and at the end of scenes. That stuff doesn't always make it, but it's fun for us to see what does finally make it. Last season, [at the funeral of Hank Heywood], I asked Nick [Zano] “would it be funny if I kissed you on the cheek? You know, just like Caity [Lotz] does.” I said I might do it. He's like, “okay.” So we'd do stuff like that and it ends up making it. The spit take that he does [in season 4 episode 12], it's just all over my face. He said, “I might do this, and I said, “okay.” Well, I didn't know if he was really going to do it. So it was great when he actually did it. It was a real reaction. Nick is one of my favorite people to work with. I’ll miss our characters and the fun stuff we got to do.

Spoiler

We’re saying goodbye to Ray this season. When did you know that this was going to be Ray's farewell with the Legends?
I think that was around May. I got a phone call.

You don't sound too thrilled about that. You feel like there's still more of Ray's story to do?
It was not my decision, nor Courtney’s [Ford, who plays Nora Darhk, who is also departing as a series regular] decision. No one was really consulted too much about it. They were talking to us and we would've loved to have continued playing the characters, certainly through season five and into the next one, because we were just getting going. We just finally came together as a couple in our show, season four was arguably the best that we've had, and the most critically acclaimed. It's because of the cast and the relationship that existed between those characters and that specific combination and magic of characters and relationships that we had on our show. We would have loved to have continued that.

I know you can't say much about this, but broadly what can we expect from Ray's final few episodes with the team?
What can I say that's not saying too much? There were some very emotional moments. I think some of my best work. Maybe my best work on the show. A lot of raw emotion, by both myself and by Courtney, who just has always been outstanding as Nora. But she has a couple of episodes that are just outstanding, her best work on the show as well, and so funny. We have some fun stuff together, a lot of craziness. There are unique themed episodes that I think people are really going to enjoy. I think there's maybe two of the best episodes that have ever been on the show are in season five. So I'm looking forward to audiences being able to see those.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2020 at 8:52 AM, tv echo said:

KL still ships Sara and Nyssa...

Katrina Law Wants Batwoman To Meet Nyssa Al Ghul
By Nicole Massabrook   01/19/20
https://www.ibtimes.com/katrina-law-wants-batwoman-meet-nyssa-al-ghul-2905365

KL, CL and JM interactions at ClexaCon last year were hilarious. I’d love to see KL on Legends, as long as they don’t trash Nysara to build up Avalance.

Lord Mesa posted a closer look at his drawing that was featured on the show last night (the drawing Behrad gave Sara). I didn’t see the Beebo in the corner when I watched yesterday.

Sorry guys.  Haven’t been keeping up with things.  Here’s the pics for “Miss Me, Kiss Me, Love Me”, from DCLegendsTV.

CANOODLING WITH THE ENEMY – When a new blip lands the Legends in 1947 Los Angeles, it puts them on the trail of Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel (guest star Jonathan Sadowski) who seems to take pleasure in fraternizing with Hollywood Elite. Sara (Caity Lotz), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Constantine (Matt Ryan) devise a plan to capture him while Ava (Jes Macallen) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) sit on the sidelines for the time being. They soon realize that they need to worry less about Bugsy and more about his girlfriend. Ava is struggling with being on the sidelines with Rory. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) accompanies Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) to his dad’s birthday, where Nate meets Behrad’s sister, Zari (Tala Ashe), who seems familiar to him. Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Olivia Swann also star. David Geddes directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt (#502).  Original airdate 2/4/2020. 

EA82F8FA-4869-4EFF-82F9-1172DAD27A9F.jpeg

0B01AE44-483D-44DF-A18E-DED4790478E3.jpeg

96799A6D-0912-4D88-9CB4-6884182C8D4D.jpeg

6E98FB08-E782-4673-BE02-D04CA9D8122F.jpeg

12451E51-9C00-4C5A-A72C-07A323257F7F.jpeg

E88DE183-20FB-410B-80BD-79D175A66110.jpeg

80EC60A5-E8A6-4A4E-A7E4-F13EAB8642BA.jpeg

DFE1F9A4-D70A-48E3-BD78-B4A090BC2A30.jpeg

E78DB157-41CD-43C7-A1AB-1AB57FD0D5B0.jpeg

Edited by Starfish35

Also, pics and description for #503 “Slay Anything” (DCLegendsTV).

SURVIVING FAMILY – When the Legends discover a new Encore, Sara (Caity Lotz), Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Ava (Jes Macallan) end up crashing a high school reunion to attempt to stop a serial killer from finishing unfinished business. The Legends devise a plan to send Nate (Nick Zano), Ray (Brandon Routh), Nora (Courtney Ford), Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) and their hostage Zari (Tala Ashe), back in time to try and intervene in order to try to save everyone including them. Meanwhile, Constantine (Matt Ryan) is annoyed that Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) has been squatting in his old home, but it might be the blessing in disguise they were not looking for. Alexandra LaRoche directed the episode written by Matthew Maala & Tyron B. Carter (#503).  Original airdate 2/11/2020. 

1BAFF678-DE61-45D6-9657-B6F7AFD9A4A4.jpeg

97CECD5A-6F75-47F3-957C-131A19D9897A.jpeg

96A61166-6AFC-4553-9159-95C725C7F726.jpeg

64857167-5263-441D-8D69-02F6AB928EA3.jpeg

808F8D74-B52A-499E-AD43-22EDD6444166.jpeg

4BE86D10-687E-4A00-A47E-3D13B079AE94.jpeg

8C38BEF5-0429-4FCF-9961-DD7786D74D48.jpeg

745CF4C6-CE61-437A-A3B2-8603022B8253.jpeg

10623E03-83EB-4BE9-8E0B-49EB1312D080.jpeg

81893B86-1CDF-4708-8B49-2FA7294665D3.jpeg

7954D672-DCC4-4481-B017-F04AE453845D.jpeg

D9864632-6ED0-412C-9C4E-9CFC73B7033E.jpeg

6D9A51BC-8A8C-4C83-8F64-FC35702EEF3E.jpeg

8785FD34-B6D2-4CD9-A6E4-D49F77ACD2C9.jpeg

68792BEB-1A1A-4B38-9234-EEEE7FA90FDE.jpeg

2A9792E1-DE5D-4DA7-8726-DA4396878114.jpeg

8B8802DB-634F-43A3-87C8-7433D5BBF309.jpeg

B8CC03EC-CDB7-4565-88D7-D19DA724704D.jpeg

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Tala Ashe is great and probably having a lot of fun but I miss our Zari. I do hope she can get her memories back like everyone else (albeit from a different storyline) sooner or later. I just wish that they at least hadn't rushed Nate/Zari from 0-60 before this happened (or at all but that's a different rant). It was only a season ago that he was similarly heartbroken over Amaya.

I guess they're speaking Farsi, but I couldn't say for sure. 

I think that is Jes @MarkHB

• Love 3

Official description of #504 “A Head of Her Time” (DCLegendsTV)

WHEN THE CAPTAIN’S AWAY – When Sara (Caity Lotz) is called away on business, she leaves Ava (Jes Macallan) in charge and Ava tries to impress the team as they try to take on their latest Encore, Marie Antionette. With Zari (Tala Ashe) still on the ship, Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) convinces the team to bring her along on the mission which they all hope isn’t a mistake. Meanwhile, Constantine (Matt Ryan) finally confronts someone from his past with the help of Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers), which leads him on a journey through his past. Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Courtney Ford and Olivia Swann also star. Avi Youabian directed the episode written by Morgan Faust (#504).  Original airdate 2/18/2020. 

Pics for #504 “A Head of Her Time” (DCLegendsTV)

WHEN THE CAPTAIN’S AWAY – When Sara (Caity Lotz) is called away on business, she leaves Ava (Jes Macallan) in charge and Ava tries to impress the team as they try to take on their latest Encore, Marie Antionette. With Zari (Tala Ashe) still on the ship, Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) convinces the team to bring her along on the mission which they all hope isn’t a mistake. Meanwhile, Constantine (Matt Ryan) finally confronts someone from his past with the help of Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers), which leads him on a journey through his past. Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Courtney Ford and Olivia Swann also star. Avi Youabian directed the episode written by Morgan Faust (#504).  Original airdate 2/18/2020. 

E9DC184A-A926-4F47-8C77-3932ED3C65AD.jpeg

41A94FE3-F99D-4D73-A7E6-F8AC7497B448.jpeg

C6A91579-C94F-41D8-B60B-D5D2D214D021.jpeg

1C54F3E4-42C2-49BC-B067-89C5E9BCCC29.jpeg

47C6A2EE-B254-4E0F-9118-C8E382FEF19D.jpeg

BE5E7A78-5B0C-4476-A5B9-D5E107F4F044.jpeg

39655FEA-9E6E-4503-B19E-ABC7DA5CA77C.jpeg

0E2F5B47-C143-4162-910D-F825E3F481E8.jpeg

6A5BE11B-030D-459E-A509-70EE3131B0A0.jpeg

1BE6ED50-C5EF-4636-BEDB-D825F22692A3.jpeg

A74F7226-C4D2-4058-8CA0-619BE474F7F8.jpeg

1C49B4D6-CFF3-4CB0-A59F-4B4DBD8842AA.jpeg

EBC3AC86-87D9-4D95-8E79-3E307E78F609.jpeg

353F74A5-9FED-4A93-85C0-A4FC1E38C950.jpeg

FA3AB9F0-BCF1-4A9F-BDBE-AB09C6601172.jpeg

B6AB1354-7C7C-4708-8362-5DA1AED8EB6B.jpeg

52913C41-7171-4BCE-BCEB-73D9F51B6CBF.jpeg

86139EA3-EB0C-46D2-9079-2DAA413CC56E.jpeg

Description for #505 “Mortal Khanbat” (DCLegendsTV)

A STEP AHEAD – With Sara (Caity Lotz) still away from the Waverider, the Legends find a new Encore with Ava’s (Jes Macallan) new invention, the Prognosticator, and must now try to defeat Genghis Khan in 1990s Hong Kong. Constantine’s (Matt Ryan) life is hanging in the balance, and Ray (Brandon Routh), Nora (Courtney Ford) and Gary (guest star Gary Tsekhman) all try to help him, but Constantine tries to make a deal with Astra (Olivia Swann) instead. Meanwhile, Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) has been confused about Charlie’s (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) recent behavior, but they all learn why Charlie is trying to out run her past and from what. Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano and Tala Ashe also star. Caity Lotz directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Mark Bruner (#505).  Original airdate 2/25/2020. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

2 more Ava heavy episodes, ugh. Where she replaces Sara as Captain. Has Ava even talked to anyone else on the team besides Mick? Why does she get to be the leader? It's just another position she didn't earn. 

Well I guess the bright side is Sara won't be there to be Ava's cheerleader. I can imagine she gets to be herself and spend time with the people who do accept her for who she was and is on Arrow. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Sara (Caity Lotz) is called away on business

Say what? What, is there a parent-teacher conference for a kid we've never heard of?  She needs to meet with a rep from Fidelity because they're using time travel stock market games to finance Waverider operations?  She has to go to Nanda Parbat because the lair is going condo and as a member of the League she has to vote her shares?  I assume this was either crossover-related or Caity had another gig to attend to but it's still an incredibly strange (aka lame) description.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I assume this was either crossover-related or Caity had another gig to attend to but it's still an incredibly strange (aka lame) description.

Yeah, I assumed it was either crossover-related or Caity had stuff to do to prep for directing the following episode, but...yeah. 😕 Not thrilled by the idea of two Ava-heavy Sara-light episodes in a row, although on the bright side the Avalance should be minimal.  

Would it have been for Arrow’s finale that early on?  The Legends crossover episode was shot eighth, but I’m not sure what Arrow’s filming order was.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah, I assumed it was either crossover-related or Caity had stuff to do to prep for directing the following episode, but...yeah. 😕 Not thrilled by the idea of two Ava-heavy Sara-light episodes in a row, although on the bright side the Avalance should be minimal.  

Would it have been for Arrow’s finale that early on?  The Legends crossover episode was shot eighth, but I’m not sure what Arrow’s filming order was.  

I can only hope it is somewhat Zari-centric, not all on Ava's hang-ups as Captain. She is a terrible choice to captain a group like the Legends. Why not make the most of Ray for the time being?

I feel lile I'm back in the times of NTA over on Arrow. Not good times.

• Love 2

Caity had to pep and then direct the two weeks for episode 4 and 5. 

But in show Sara's father is alive now so she does have family. But we also have Siren and whatever Sara told her about Mia that sent her to steamroll over the life Earth Prime's Mia has lived. Sara also took Mia to Oliver's funeral. They were a few episodes away but the Legends writers knew GABC was set in the future and that Oliver was staying dead.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Her spending some time with her dad would actually be nice. If the writers remembered that relationship for a change. Or hey, hot weekend with Nyssa. 😚

Lol.  Funny how Avalance has suddenly made me much more positive about Nyssara. 😄 Bring it on. (Not seriously - I would not be happy if Sara cheated on Ava, even if I don’t like the relationship.  But still.)

But yes, I would love to see more of Sara with her father, now that Crisis brought him back to life.  And she does actually have a living mother as well, though Crisis seemed to totally forget that.  I would love to see more of either relationship.  Alex Kingston may not be available as easily as Paul Blackthorne though. 

And...speaking of family storylines, are we going to get that story about Ray’s brother before Brandon leaves the show? Or have the writers forgotten all about that?

23 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Lol.  Funny how Avalance has suddenly made me much more positive about Nyssara. 😄 Bring it on. (Not seriously - I would not be happy if Sara cheated on Ava, even if I don’t like the relationship.  But still.)

But yes, I would love to see more of Sara with her father, now that Crisis brought him back to life.  And she does actually have a living mother as well, though Crisis seemed to totally forget that.  I would love to see more of either relationship.  Alex Kingston may not be available as easily as Paul Blackthorne though. 

And...speaking of family storylines, are we going to get that story about Ray’s brother before Brandon leaves the show? Or have the writers forgotten all about that?

Probably forgotten. I just hope Ray gets a happy ending. He is so kind-hearted and warm, even people like Mick (secretely) respect him for it.

I like Sara/Nyssa but my main Sara ship was always with Captain Cold. When she was with Oliver, it was a bit weird, like they were great friends with benefits, never a ship.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I swear in S3 they said we were going to get Sydney and nope. They only briefly mentioned him during Phone Home and he's supposed to be Ray's twin. Probably not getting it now sadly. 

Caity was pretty busy in this period it seems. It probably will be an Ava centric episode since that's what we've had so far but I'm hoping for a lot of Zari. I've kind of given up on getting much Ray until his leaving arc kicks in. 

• Love 1

I like that they are at Mick's sorry Dick's high school but the episode will probably once again focus on Ava. It would be an interesting character study if they bring up the fact that Ava's interest in Sara is because she was basically a serial killer. But I know that won't happen because Sara isn't allowed a past history anymore. Unless it's used as a joke. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

It would be an interesting character study if they bring up the fact that Ava's interest in Sara is because she was basically a serial killer. But I know that won't happen because Sara isn't allowed a past history anymore. Unless it's used as a joke. 

Is Sara really considered a serial killer? It might be splitting hairs, but I feel like serial killers and assassins are two different things. And I think that’s a too dark and dysfunctional view of their relationship that it wouldn’t work on Legends. It’s an interesting take though.

14 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Has Ava even talked to anyone else on the team besides Mick? Why does she get to be the leader? It's just another position she didn't earn. 

Ava and Nate worked together at the Time Bureau last season and she spent Thanksgiving with his family, so they know each other relatively well. Everything she knows about Ray probably comes from Nora, and I doubt she’s spent time with Behrad, assuming his experience was similar to Zari.

Ava ran the TB so she should have some leadership skills, but I doubt the Legends will follow her. Though I don’t think Ray would be much better because they’d run roughshod over him. OG Zari was a great #2 and it’s another reason I’m pissed that she’s gone.

• Love 2

I meant that Sara has committed multiple murders and probably stalked and broke into the homes of her marks. But Sara's assassin past is just a joke now since they don't care about her character much anymore. I'm surprised Caity wants to stay on the show, she's been reduced to the love interest while Sara's girlfriend takes her spot as lead. 

I stopped watching Arrow years ago but I'm going to miss it because with it gone it means that the only show where I could see the real Sara Lance is gone too. 

• Love 2

Am I the only one finding Ava’s serial killer fangirl thing in these clips a little creepy?  I mean, I know her obsession with serial killers has been well established, but I don’t remember it coming across quite so much “creepy serial killer fan” in the past. But I’m honestly not sure whether my annoyance with her lately might be coloring my perceptions.

Edited by Starfish35
18 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I think its probably supposed to be a little creepy.

Here is a spoilery preview of upcoming stuff from the cast and co-showrunner. 

The heartbreaking news in there is that Jes didn't do the good singing last week.