Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

TVLine Exclusive: Legends of Tomorrow First Look: Are Ray and Nora Heading for a Wedding?

Is wedded bliss in store for Legends of Tomorrow lovebirds Ray and Nora, ahead of their departures from the Arrowverse spinoff?

In TVLine’s exclusive photos from the March 10 episode (The CW, 9/8c), the couple definitely appears to be getting hitched, with baddie Damian Darhk (Neal McDonough) even in attendance to walk his daughter down the aisle. Ray, meanwhile, looks to be clinging to his best buddy Nate as he makes the trip to the altar. (Maybe he’s nervous that his father-in-law is going to be Damian Darhk?)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, Aeryn13 said:

Is it just me or are the seven million "babes" per episode a new thing this Season? It`s getting ridiculous. 

Apparently you’re not the only one. 😄

From TVLine - TV Pet Peeves: 20 Things TV Needs to Stop Doing, Right This Minute:

E2C8C916-6E2D-4210-A451-6E9EE9E2636C.jpeg
ETA: I know they say “every show”; I just thought it was funny that they chose an Avalance pic to go with it after the complaints here about that very thing. 😄

Edited by Starfish35
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Official description of #507 “Romeo v Juliet: Dawn of Justness” (DCLegendsTV).

SAYING GOODBYE – The Legends continue their hunt for pieces of the Loom of Fate and find themselves face to face with William Shakespeare. Ray (Brandon Routh), Nate (Nick Zano), Rory (Dominic Purcell), Constantine (Matt Ryan), Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) stay a little longer on the mission making things worse after lying to Sara (Caity Lotz). Meanwhile, Ray and Nora (Courtney Ford) make another big life decision that leaves the team surprised and best buds, Nate and Ray, on the outs. Jes Macallan, Tala Ashe and Olivia Swann also star. Alexandra LaRoche directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Matthew Maala (#507).  Original airdate 3/17/2020. 

From TVLine’s TV Questions:

11 | Who on Legends of Tomorrow puts a bigger smile in your face these days: Zari 2.0 and her wardrobe-matching eye shadow, or Marie “ze last queen uv Frahnce!” Antoinette nibbling a sandwich while Behrad and Charlie quarrel about mediocre sex?

• Love 1
(edited)

From TVLine, looks like Stargirl is taking over Legends’ spot on May 12, so the season five finale must be airing on May 5.  That means no more breaks between now and then. (Link)

As previously reported, Stargirl will also have a home on The CW: The series premiere will make its broadcast TV debut on Tuesday, May 12 (9/8c). Stargirl will remain in that time slot until Tuesday, May 26, when it officially moves to 8 pm.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here’s the pics for #507 “Romeo V Juliet: Dawn of Justness” (DCLegendsTV). Also on the TVLine Season 5 Gallery.

SAYING GOODBYE — The Legends continue their hunt for pieces of the Loom of Fate and find themselves face to face with William Shakespeare. Ray (Brandon Routh), Nate (Nick Zano), Rory (Dominic Purcell), Constantine (Matt Ryan), Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) stay a little longer on the mission making things worse after lying to Sara (Caity Lotz). Meanwhile, Ray and Nora (Courtney Ford) make another big life decision that leaves the team surprised and best buds, Nate and Ray, on the outs. Jes Macallan, Tala Ashe and Olivia Swann also star. Alexandra LaRoche directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Matthew Maala (#507). Original airdate 3/17/2020.

02E2FA56-B811-4BFE-B834-EE4BB29142BA.jpeg

B3ECC9C6-425D-4197-940B-22BBE1F5E6DF.jpeg

36C0C7AD-D11B-4DCF-9CC5-1D1EC7A28ED9.jpeg

A16B2EC4-5DEC-4F3E-B93A-B38F74523545.jpeg

7A8CD323-ED6A-4581-AE53-41B88A618C00.jpeg

B2A83FBD-8E45-4141-9B35-66D780D4B64A.jpeg

32ECC656-D7D9-4401-9CD0-223363D23991.jpeg

9BC9FFFE-7695-407E-BFA9-28BBE967465F.jpeg

B659F3D9-5971-4F12-9FF9-F2BD74CBFD7F.jpeg

9FF6C7AB-99D0-4C25-A0C5-CA59FEE572D9.jpeg

60F36093-DCC5-49E2-8CA7-7BA12261C467.jpeg

D8545CEA-63C5-4C72-93CE-596E503052E6.jpeg

AABEB068-2A5C-4FB8-8C13-D848CA944A18.jpeg

FA2ACFC0-A3FF-4E38-A069-436851DBA42C.jpeg

786722CD-6E94-422B-83AA-946FC98F7045.jpeg

331A091C-C4AC-4D9F-8444-BF9789CF67ED.jpeg

78493F8C-A825-491D-BA1A-88641CE40CA9.jpeg

BC5868F3-B94B-4A04-BB75-96F2E2BA1D87.jpeg

98ACBEDA-52BF-48EF-A481-F8C88ABEFAD5.jpeg

6E5E7FD5-096E-443B-BC41-364BF891704B.jpeg

C47303F6-7BD6-498C-B192-AEF1C32E6FCE.jpeg

0BD266FD-C053-4BE6-A16A-B8AB4EC9BE24.jpeg

30A876BF-24D6-436E-B9EB-74F5198F032C.jpeg

186D8C68-E27B-4869-A433-779973D8E887.jpeg

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here's transcriptions of some BR comments during his March 5th panel at MEFCC...

Brandon Routh Superman Returns is in Dubai. Middle East Film & Comic Con Festival @dwtc_uae @dubai.
briadventurez   Mar. 5, 2020

-- On whether SA ever challenged him to the salmon ladder, BR: "He did challenge me. I did do the salmon ladder, uh, in an episode.* (Audience claps) Thanks. ... It's extremely tough. So here's the story about that. I had never done it before and I certainly wasn't training like crazy man like Stephen. So I wasn't in quite as good a shape as he was. And they - and they had written it in the script. So I was doing my best to train, but I didn't have a salmon ladder, so how do you train for that? And then the day before we were supposed to shoot it, I worked with the stunt team for, like, two and a half hours. And I did - I did it really well a couple times, like three - (Mimes going up the salmon ladder with his hand) 'ching, ching, ching' - um, but then my muscles would not respond to anything. I was burned out. I could not even - I could do nothing. So then we had to film it the next day and I could barely, barely do it. Um, it's - I"m not really proud of the finished product, but it looks okay. We made it work through movie magic. (Mod interjects, "So you just kinda wished that they had shot the rehearsal?") They should've shot the rehearsal. Exactly."

(* Ray Palmer did the salmon ladder in episode 307 of Arrow.)

-- On his favorite characters in the Arrowverse, BR: "Uh. Nate. Um, um. Nora. I love my Legends. Uh, I love working with Grant, uh, the Flash, Candice and all the Flash crew. That was the first crossover I really did, was going on, when Ray and Felicity went over to the Atom. So I'm fond of those guys 'cause they were - and - and Carlos - they were my first, kind of non - non Legends family other than Arrow, of course. Um, Emily - I mean, she was, you know, she's the best and, uh, I always cherished the opportunity to work with her."

-- Although he wouldn't want to replace Benedict Cumberbatch, BR said that he loves the world of Doctor Strange.

-- On whether it was true that he originally tried out for the role of a character called Blue Beetle on Arrow but that they didn't have the rights to that character, BR: "I mean, there may be some truth to that in just that they wanted to bring on the Blue Beetle,  but they weren't, um - the rumor that I heard was - was that. But I didn't try out - there's only ever mentioned to me Ray Palmer, the Atom. It may have been that they wanted to bring Blue Beetle in and they couldn't, so then they went to Ray Palmer, the Atom. But that's - that's conjecture on my part."

Spoiler

-- On what's coming up next for him, BR: "Just, uh, you know, taking some time with my family, my wife and my son, moving back to Los Angeles. And we spent five years basically up in Vancouver where we shot Legends of Tomorrow. So, uh, getting used to living back in Los Angeles and enjoying that for now, until the next great project comes along."

-- When asked what he thought about Henry Cavill's version of Superman, BR: "I think he's done a fine job with the script and the story that he's been given." BR went on to say that that story and that version of Superman is very different from his version of Superman and that he prefers the Superman Returns version of Superman: "I don't agree with that [Man of Steel] version of Superman. I just - I mean, I - but I don't blame Henry for that... I want Superman who promotes joy and love and togetherness and acceptance and unity and - and teaching humanity how to be better... Superman's super and if - if he's just being Superman and not teaching, then - then - then he's not doing his job. He has to be there, in my... opinion, I would want to see the story of Superman who is helping, truly helping humanity find what unites them, um, and heal them emotionally and spiritually in that way, through togetherness, so that he - he phases himself out. So that he is no longer needed because humanity is not fighting itself." 

-- On whether that means he would never want to see Superman go dark, BR said that it's interesting to see Superman struggle, noting that Superman struggled in Superman Returns, that there's "interesting ideas" in Man of Steel and that Kingdom Come is a "very dark series." However, he said that "the other side has to be beneficial enough" and that Superman must really learn from that, so that he can "help humanity." BR: "If Superman can't help humanity, then nobody can, and we're just on this ongoing cycle of - of destroying each other, which I, as a human, don't want to me... That's who Superman is to me... When I step into the suit, that's what I'm working to embody. That he is working to help teach people that they can be like Superman, without the powers, but they can be - have awareness and compassion and gratitude for fellow humans."

-- BR was not allowed to keep the Superman suit. He mentioned being given some insurance reasons (like, they would be legally liable if he wore the suit and, say, robbed a bank). He did not steal/take anything from the set because he's "too honest." However, some men in the Props Dept. gave him a Clark Kent business card and also a couple of 3D Atoms "that are kinda broken" that had been used as props.

-- On the rumor of his Kingdom Come Superman from COIE being the subject of a new series, BR: "Nobody's talked to me about it, but I would definitely be open if they ever did."

-- On which Batman he would want his Superman to share a universe with, BR said that he liked both Christian Bale and Ben Affleck, but then he said that he would like to work with Michael Keaton.

-- On dealing with criticism, BR said that you have to develop a thick skin and that you can't please everyone. He mentioned how he was criticized for not being "big enough" during Superman Returns and how some people just want Superman to look like the Hulk.

-- On which actor he'd like to work with that he hasn't worked with before, BR: "Let's go with Tom Hanks for right now. Do you know who that is?" Fan (a little boy) apparently didn't, and mod responded that she'd have to introduce him to the movie Big.

-- On his favorite character to work with, BR: "My favorite character to work with is - is Nick Zano, who's Nate. Um, you know, the bromance is real and, um, we have a great time working together and just being silly and making - making up funny stuff to do, um, and add it to the scene."

-- On whether his favorite Superman suit is his Superman Returns suit or his COIE Kingdom Come Superman suit, BR: "The new suit is my favorite... I mean, this (Indicating pic of him as Superman in Superman Returns on the big screen on stage) was a wonderful suit when it was made, but the other one is just - it looks even better and feels better - yeah, really happy with the Kingdom Come suit."

-- On what he would be doing if he wasn't an actor, BR: "Well, um, originally, 20 years ago, before I started acting, I was going to school as an English major and I thought I was going to be a writer and write fantasy novels and - but before I got published, I would be in graphic design until - until I made it big writing."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of February 17-23:

• The Flash - 0.70, 1.941 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.45, 1.422 million. **
  • All American - 0.42, 1.102 million.
  • Batwoman - 0.40, 1.366 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.37, 1.237 million (#504 - A Head Of Her Time).
  • Charmed - 0.31, 0.990 million.
  • Katy Keene - 0.20, 0.677 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.18, 0.540 million.

Live+SD Ratings for comparison:

• The Flash - 0.38, 1.098 million.
  • All American - 0.25, 0.725 million.
  • Batwoman - 0.20, 0.815 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.19, 0.719 million.
  • Supergirl - 0.18, 0.663 million.
  • Charmed - 0.17, 0.601 million.
  • Katy Keene - 0.14, 0.518 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.10, 0.321 million.

*Black Lightning was a rerun this week, and Riverdale, Nancy Drew, and Legacies did not air.

** 100th episode.

Links to ratings reports (Programming Insider)

• Love 1
(edited)

MEFCC 2020 celeb panel: Everything the stars said
Marwa Hamad   March 7, 2020
https://gulfnews.com/entertainment/hollywood/mefcc-2020-celeb-panel-everything-the-stars-said-1.70216560 

TAB-200306-COMIC-CON-1-AKK-4-15835704863

Left to Right, John Rhys-Davies, Mena Massoud, Elodie Yung, Brandon Routh and Joseph David-Jones, during the comic con event at the Duabai International exhibition center. Dubai. Photo: Antonin Kélian Kallouche/Gulf News
CELEB QUICK-FIRE: 3, 2, 1…

IF I WASN’T AN ACTOR, I’D BE…
Brandon Routh: ‘Writer.”
A JOB I WOULDN’T WANT TO WORK IS…
Routh: “Doctor.”
SOMETHING I RECENTLY ENJOYED WATCHING IS…
Routh: “‘Joker’. [It showed] how mean we can be to each other and how we can do better.”
IF I HAD A SUPERPOWER, IT WOULD BE…
Routh: “Flight. Travel the world, get everything from a bird’s-eye view and you see the whole perspective.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Episode description for #509 “Zari, Not Zari” (DCLegendsTV)

MEMORIES – Sara (Caity Lotz), Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) find themselves in British Columbia searching for another piece of the Loom, but they run into a problem they couldn’t have foreseen. Zari (Tala Ashe) has been having trouble feeling like herself, so she goes on meditative journey at the suggestion of Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian). Meanwhile, Ava (Jes Macallan) volunteers to try and help Rory (Dominic Purcell) with a personal problem. Nick Zano and Olivia Swann also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Morgan Faust & Tyron Carter (#509).  Original airdate 3/24/2020. 

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Arrow Series Finale: Katrina Law Revisits Nyssa/Sara Reunion, How They Were 'Delicate' With 'Avalance'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 8 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/03/08/arrow-series-finale-sara-nyssa-reunion/

For Arrow‘s series finale in January, Oliver Queen’s funeral was well attended by superfriends old and new. Among those paying their respects were Oliver’s not-wife Nyssa Al Ghul, whose presence set the stage for a reunion with her onetime love, Sara Lance — the ladies’ first time together on-screen since, I want to say, an October 2015 episode of Arrow.
TVLINE | When Nyssa introduces Sara as “my beloved,” do you think that’s almost a formal title at this point, or is there still a torch being carried? [Guggenheim tells TVLine the chosen term of endearment/callback was Law’s suggestion, as they grappled with how Nyssa would introduce Sara.)
I think Nyssa’s always going to have a torch for Sara. Sara is her beloved. She is the love of her life. She is her soulmate. That being said, soulmates take on different forms, and it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re going to be together. I think Nyssa has moved on in her own way and knows that Sara’s living her life. She respects Sara in what’s she’s doing, but at the same time, she’s always going to be the No. 1 love of her life. She will always carry that for Sara.

TVLINE | 
I was watching their reunion very closely. Was there any debate about how warm it should be, knowing that Sara is in a serious relationship? Was any flirtation dialed back? Or was it simply what we saw?
There was a lot of discussion. You know, the script changed a little bit — again, because scenes are written in and then taken out, and then we didn’t know what we would be able to film or not…. So, yeah, there was discussion of paying respect to “Avalance” and still holding up the same for “Nyssara.” It was a delicate balance of how do we go forward with this and describe exactly what our relationship is now?

TVLINE | Are you interested in some day popping up on Legends of Tomorrow, to actually explore the Nyssa/Ava dynamic?
Fingers crossed! Because I would love to mess with Ava a little bit….

TVLINE | Hey, she’s nice! You don’t want to mess with her.
>She is nice.

TVLINE | Nyssa would probably just want to evaluate if she’s worthy.
Yeah. Yeah. I totally need to see if Ava’s worthy of Sara!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Courtney Ford Opens Up About Leaving DC's Legends of Tomorrow: 'It's Been Very Emotional'
BY KEISHA HATCHETT   MAR 10, 2020 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/dc-legends-of-tomorrow-season-5-episode-6-courtney-ford/ 

... For Courtney Ford, who plays Nora, saying goodbye to the character she embodied for the past three years has been no simple feat.

"It's definitely been a process. It hasn't been simple and it's been very emotional and I can say that playing Nora Darhk for three seasons is the longest I've ever played a character. That's not a gift that all actors get to have, and I'm incredibly grateful to have spent so much time having the opportunity to develop a character and get to know her and grow with her," Ford told TV Guide. "The fact that she is ending at a completely different place from where she started, it's a gift to me. I think it's a gift to trauma survivors."

"It's complicated," Ford continued. "It's also true that the longer you play a character, the harder it is to let them go, so there's certainly a grieving process. For Brandon [Routh], playing Ray Palmer for six seasons with five on Legends and one on Arrow, that's a lot to process. So we've been listening to a lot of Lizzo. It's the best time if you're going to go through something like this and thank god for Lizzo."
"I think ["Mr. Parker's Cul-De-Sac"] is one of the most iconic Legends episodes that we've ever made and I feel so fortunate to be a part of it," Ford said. And Ford isn't exaggerating; the episode includes puppets, evil swords, mix-ups and mishaps, and one insane homage to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. It's spectacular.

Edited by tv echo

FYI - comic cons with Legends actors coming up the rest of this month...

Planet Comicon, March 20-22, 2020 (Kansas City, MO)
Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotz (FRI/SAT), Brandon Routh (SAT/SUN), Courtney Ford (SAT/SUN), Jes Macallan, and Rachel Skarsten (SAT/SUN)
https://planetcomicon.com/guests/?cat=14
Schedule
-Sat. (3/21) at 12:00pm - Shethority with Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan, and Katie Cassidy
-Sun. (3/22) at 1:00pm - Legends of Tomorrow (Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Jes Macallan, Katie Cassidy)
-Sun. (3/22) at 3:30pm - Rachel Skarsten

Fan Expo Dallas, March 27-29, 2020 (TX)
Stephen Amell, Katherine McNamara, Ben Lewis, Caity Lotz, and Brandon Routh
https://www.fanexpodallas.com/en/guests/celebrities.html
Schedule
-Schedule will be released no later than 14 days before the event.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of February 24-March 1:

• The Flash - 0.71, 1.983 million.
  • All American - 0.43, 1.140 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.40, 1.184 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.39, 1.304 million (#505 - Mortal Khanbat).
  • Black Lightning - 0.37, 0.996 million.
  • Charmed - 0.33, 1.106 million.
  • Nancy Drew - 0.23, 1.081 million.
  • Katy Keene - 0.19, 0.620 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.17, 0.569 million.

Live+SD Ratings for comparison:

• The Flash - 0.37, 1.170 million.
  • All American - 0.26, 0.738 million.
  • Black Lightning - 0.22, 0.639 million.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - 0.19, 0.745 million.
  • Riverdale - 0.18, 0.674 million.
  • Charmed - 0.16, 0.632 million.
  • Nancy Drew - 0.12, 0.592 million.
  • Katy Keene - 0.12, 0.451 million.
  • Dynasty - 0.09, 0.352 million.

* Legacies, Batwoman, and Supergirl were repeats this week.

Links to ratings reports (Programming Insider)

• Love 1

Pics for #509 “Zari, Not Zari” (DCLegendsTV).  And yes, according to TVLine,

Spoiler

that is apparently supposed to be Dean Winchester’s car. 

MEMORIES – Sara (Caity Lotz), Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) find themselves in British Columbia searching for another piece of the Loom, but they run into a problem they couldn’t have foreseen. Zari (Tala Ashe) has been having trouble feeling like herself, so she goes on meditative journey at the suggestion of Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian). Meanwhile, Ava (Jes Macallan) volunteers to try and help Rory (Dominic Purcell) with a personal problem. Nick Zano and Olivia Swann also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Morgan Faust & Tyron Carter (#509). Original airdate 3/24/2020.

FD88C7F0-9C43-4D14-9B9E-3866C41C8806.jpeg

D7C9E60E-9DA5-4588-AED0-7290AAF729B4.jpeg

CB82985E-54AA-4ED1-87C9-2A6D99E7F6AE.jpeg

7D17C115-C94E-41A4-8C82-7B000E3FBBAE.jpeg

133A4782-21AF-41A2-8A64-08F8946832CE.jpeg

8BBE5D70-0BFD-4C07-A227-CC8C45706621.jpeg

2FB52C14-262E-47C9-8BC5-6B0152D20A68.jpeg

6925F1AC-4C62-4DCD-99B6-F06B879E2992.jpeg

90A0201B-DD9E-4D86-87B9-BA2CFDE84840.jpeg

2C65DF37-53D6-4ADC-9447-A8E0329A2902.jpeg

7F7E6CA3-3EDD-4FF6-B36E-1887AE70B933.jpeg

7D02B3E8-AE1C-4AC2-B807-4255ECD42666.jpeg

396497B3-0404-4AA8-85EF-A839E2E55D95.jpeg

2C5D915B-88D4-42D2-9E89-423AE0DA9B62.jpeg

C95B1694-8718-4807-A0E5-338CEB085DBB.jpeg

• Love 1

Official description for #510 “The Great British Fake Off” (DCLegendsTV)

WE’VE GOT COMPANY – With Sara (Caity Lotz) recuperating from her latest battle, Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) starts to notice something might not be right with her. Still searching for the Loom, Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Zari (Tala Ashe) find themselves trapped in a 1910 boarding house with a slew of out-of-time Encores. Meanwhile, Ava (Jes Macallan), Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) take a trip while Nate (Nick Zano) and Charlie hold down the Waverider. Olivia Swann also stars. David Geddes directed the episode written by Jackie Canino (#510).  Original airdate 3/31/2020. 

(Just FYI, it IS, in fact, “The Great British Fake Off”, even though DCLegendsTV is currently saying otherwise.) Now corrected.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

They are having a replica of the Supernatural impala on the show. With it being a tv show in the Legends verse. It would be awesome if the got Jared and Jensen to guest star as themselves.

Warning: article contains spoiler for Loki...

Loki Has a Chance to Be Marvel's Version of Legends of Tomorrow
BY KELLEY MALLOY   MAR 12, 2020
https://www.cbr.com/loki-marvel-legends-tomorrow/ 

While many expected Tom Hiddleston to hang up his knives after the end of the Infinity Saga, Marvel Studios announced the actor would return to the role in a Disney+ series. Although information on the series is sparse, Hiddleston will reprise his role for 

Spoiler

a time-traveling journey that will see the God of Mischief cross paths with an organization that is tasked with protecting the fabric of time and space: the Time Variance Authority.
If that premise sounds familiar, it's because it's eerily similar to The CW's Legends of Tomorrow. With the ability to time travel using the Tesseract coupled with Loki's desire for mischief and chaos, it's basically a foregone conclusion that the show will see the God of Mischief jump around to different points in history to throw a wrench in things. And with the inclusion of the TVA, it's easy to see how Loki may act as a possible successor to Legends of Tomorrow.
After Loki bounces around to some of his favorite events throughout history, it would make sense for the time cops to show up and recruit him, similar to Rip Hunter's journey in Legends of Tomorrow. In The CW series, Rip enlists a group of B-list heroes from the present under false pretenses to save his family from Vandal Savage's world domination in the future. If Loki follows a similar path, it could see the God of Mischief team up with the TVA to take on a bigger threat than him, leading him down the antihero path he followed in Thor: Ragnarok.

The upcoming Disney+ series Loki is planned for release in 2021 and will feature six episodes. In addition to Tom Hiddleston, the series will also star Owen Wilson, Sophia Di Martino and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

How Caity Lotz Stays Fit And Focused
By Matt Hendrickson   March 9, 2020
https://cbswatchmagazine.com/interviews/how-caity-lotz-stays-fit-and-focused 

A native of San Diego, Lotz, 32, does most of her own stunts, crediting the complicated footwork she masters for the show to her years as a trained dancer. "I started dancing professionally when I was just 17 and performed in a music video for [the pop singer] JoJo," she says. "Everyone was having fun, but I had to have a chaperone on set because I was underage. It was so embarrassing!" Luckily Lotz got the last laugh. Here she shares her rules for staying strong.
USE YOUR SMARTS
When I moved to Los Angeles, I started doing parkour [where you negotiate obstacles in an urban environment by running, jumping, and climbing]. Friends and I would go to a local school when no one was around and jump off the walls from point A to point B. Parkour helped me to learn how to be careful. When you're grabbing the wall of a building, something could break off!
STAY FOCUSED
I used to do muay thai boxing, but now I focus on Filipino martial arts. I like it because I get to use weapons like sticks and swords as part of the workout. I don't find it as tiring as other martial arts because it's more mental and requires intricate choreography.

USE A VIRTUAL TRAINER
We shoot in Vancouver, where I do more gym workouts. I like the fitness app Aaptiv, which uses audio, no video, to talk you through a workout. It helps me a lot because I get decision fatigue. If I'm at the gym by myself, I'll debate on what cardio and strength training to do. Aaptiv designs a workout for you, and keeps you accountable.

LEARN TO STRETCH
My dad got into Pilates, and he transformed his body. He'll send me YouTube videos and say, "Try this." But for me, Pilates is like rehab. My body can get messed up from all the physical stuff I do, so with Pilates I focus more on my core and the right position of the stretch.

STAY LOOSE
Recovery is just as important as exercise. My hamstrings might be sore, and then that soreness can move up into my shoulders. Everything is connected. To help get the knots out, I'll roll out on a foam roller or use two lacrosse balls in a sleeve.

Originally published in Watch! Magazine, November-December 2019.

img.jpg?width=980

(Go to article link above to see more pics.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

They are having a replica of the Supernatural impala on the show. With it being a tv show in the Legends verse. It would be awesome if the got Jared and Jensen to guest star as themselves.

I would crack up if they had one of the Supernatural guys on, especially since there was never a crossover with Arrow, even those Stephen and those guys are friends 🤣

5 minutes ago, shantown said:

I would crack up if they had one of the Supernatural guys on, especially since there was never a crossover with Arrow, even those Stephen and those guys are friends 🤣

It makes more sense for them to be on LoT since they both like to be meta. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Dominic Purcell has stated that he isn't leaving this season on his Instagram. 

So that's something, and I'm not sure I can see the show lasting past a theoretical S7 anyway. And if they do then yeah they'll probably rotate Mick out. 

Caity has already denied leaving a few weeks ago and seems very interested in next season's crossover so she's probably not out this year and these storylines for Mick and Sara are just storylines or in Sara's case used to explain why she's not around much during the filming of the crossover or the Arrow finale. 

• Love 3

I knew Caity wasn't leaving, the writers need her around to be Ava's girlfriend. I guess for Dom, they must really like working on their one liners with him since he doesn't do much else. It's not very challenging acting wise for both of them now but it's an easy and steady paycheck. 

3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Dom's social media posts sound like Mick's lines... guttural simple sentences. I'm sure he's more erudite than that in person, though.

He really is. His mother passed away recently, and he posted a very polished and heartfelt tribute to her on Instagram that also talked about how her example had influenced him as a father to his own children.  It's really something when an actor who has a history of playing tough guys shows us that he's really nothing like the characters he plays.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

He really is. His mother passed away recently, and he posted a very polished and heartfelt tribute to her on Instagram that also talked about how her example had influenced him as a father to his own children.  It's really something when an actor who has a history of playing tough guys shows us that he's really nothing like the characters he plays.

Yes I saw that as well. 

At cons (or in my case videos of cons) you can see that he's actually a soft spoken and seemingly intelligent and thoughtful person, nothing like either of his most famous characters or at any rate the tough guy parts they're most known for. 

On 3/13/2020 at 6:22 PM, Sakura12 said:

I knew Caity wasn't leaving, the writers need her around to be Ava's girlfriend.

Sigh. Yeah that was my thought a few weeks ago. They've got Ava there to replace her as captain if need be but then they need her to be there for Avalance, although a Sara tangible hologram/robot would do the trick in terms of characterisation. 

Edited by Featherhat

POSTPONED until later date...

Planet Comicon, originally scheduled for March 20-22, 2020, has been postponed until TBA
Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Jes Macallan, and Rachel Skarsten
https://www.planetcomicon.com/postponement-announcement/

The Planet Comicon Kansas City team is continuing to work diligently and we will announce the dates of our rescheduled 2020 event no later than Tuesday, March 17. All previous purchases for PCKC 2020 will be honored and we will provide instructions on how to credit forward prior purchases to our rescheduled 2020 event or our April 2021 event. In addition, information on how to obtain a refund for purchasers who are unable to attend those events will also be provided at that time. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work through the necessary steps to reschedule our 2020 show.

Fan Expo Dallas, originally scheduled for March 27-29, 2020, has been postponed until June 19-21, 2020
Stephen Amell, Katherine McNamara, Ben Lewis, Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, and Dean Cain
https://www.fanexpodallas.com/en/home.html

Due to developments related to COVID-19 and in compliance with recommendations from Dallas County, FAN EXPO Dallas will be postponed until June 19-21, 2020.

We are dedicated to delivering the ultimate fan experience and we thank everyone who helped to make this alternative possible. We recognize the disruption and strain this will cause to some and appreciate your understanding. Our thoughts are with the entire Dallas community as we all navigate this unprecedented challenge.

Edited by tv echo

Looks like the second half of the season is going to be delayed.

With Productions in Limbo, Networks Start Replacing Originals With Repeats

And so it begins. With production on some 100 TV shows now halted (out of an abundance of caution over the coronavirus pandemic), the networks are starting to tweak upcoming scheduling to make the very most of what they’ve got.

The CW is first to change things up, replacing a first-run episode of Legends of Tomorrow on Tuesday, March 24, with the Marie Antoinette-themed “A Head of Her Time” (which first aired Feb. 18). In the originally scheduled Legends episode, “Zari, Not Zari,” Sara, Constantine and Charlie find themselves in British Columbia searching for another piece of the Loom — but apparently running into a version of Supernatural‘s Baby, instead.

Then on Tuesday, March 31, fresh episodes of both The Flash and Legends will be replaced with repeats.

Legends, meanwhile, was to hold “The Great British Fake Off,” in which Charlie notices something might not be right with a recently wounded Sara; instead, viewers will get a “Mortal Khanbat” encore.

...in the case of Legends, which had already wrapped production on Season 5, pushing its finale back a week or two effectively extends the run of its eventual time slot successor.

Apparently the idea is to spread out their inventory of finished episodes? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not entirely sure I understand the thoughts behind it, but I suppose if their summer replacements hadn’t finished filming yet, they might be be looking at a shorter summer run and so want to start them later. 

Or I suppose, worse case scenario, depending on how long this drags on, if they can’t start filming the next season on time, maybe they’re thinking about holding episodes for next fall? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m just guessing here though.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow exit interview: Brandon Routh reflects on his Arrowverse journey
By Chancellor Agard March 16, 2020 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-brandon-routh-exit-interview/

... Even with some distance from the series, Routh is still working through his feelings about his departure, which became apparent during a recent appearance on Michael Rosenbaum’s Inside of You podcast where he said his exit “was not well-handled.” When EW spoke to Routh last Thursday, he clarified what he meant by that, explaining that it came down to a communication issue.

“I just think that with my journey with the show and the time I spent in the Arrowverse, and what I’ve received from fans as the positive messaging and role model and spirit and energy that Ray Palmer has been able to share with the world, everybody wants that back, everybody feels they deserve communication and deserves to be a partner," said Routh. "And when you’re not made a partner, when you give that much time to relationship, it hurts. We’re in Hollywood and it’s the Wild West and everyone makes all those comments about it being a rough place, and that’s the truth. I’m an optimist at heart, so I’m always shooting myself in my own foot by hoping for the best in people and in the people I work with. When that doesn’t come from the top down [the showrunners], it has an effect on you and so it made what could’ve been a happy, positive exit, the opposite."

That being said, there was one thing that helped soften the blow of his unexpected departure: suiting up as Superman once again in the Arrowverse’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover.
“It was an amazing experience and honestly without [crossover executive producer] Marc Guggenheim approaching me to do that — You know Marc was crucial in bringing me into the Arrowverse in the first place — for him to give me this gift and this opportunity, it made all the difference. I honestly don’t know what would’ve happened to season 5 of Legends of Tomorrow if that hadn’t been offered," said Routh. "I’m eternally grateful to everyone who allowed that to happen because truly, personally, even before I filmed the first day, the whole process of the suit fitting and the photoshoot and knowing it was happening and the training, the wound that I had from how my first turn as Superman ended was healed and pretty magical. I’m grateful to the fans who also responded in kind. It was partially their response to the first reveal of the suit, that they were excited to see it, was validation. I’m only Superman if they see Superman."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Apparently the idea is to spread out their inventory of finished episodes? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not entirely sure I understand the thoughts behind it, but I suppose if their summer replacements hadn’t finished filming yet, they might be be looking at a shorter summer run and so want to start them later. 

Or I suppose, worse case scenario, depending on how long this drags on, if they can’t start filming the next season on time, maybe they’re thinking about holding episodes for next fall? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m just guessing here though.

I think it's stretching out the number of new episodes/content as long as possible. The CW *theoretically* had plenty to replace LOT with when it finished its run but that might be up in the air now, and they will be looking towards what the hell to do about next season if this carries on for months, not to mention they're still worried about a writer's strike. 

ETA: I'm going to miss Ray so much and that in itself is a massive journey considering how much I disliked his stalking, hypocritical ass in S3 of Arrow. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

I’m an optimist at heart, so I’m always shooting myself in my own foot by hoping for the best in people and in the people I work with. When that doesn’t come from the top down [the showrunners], it has an effect on you and so it made what could’ve been a happy, positive exit, the opposite.

miss america 2016 warriors GIF

• Love 1