Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

(edited)

The third and final book in this Arrowverse AU trilogy will include Legends characters...

The Flash: The Legends of Forever (Crossover Crisis #3) (The Flash: Crossover Crisis) Hardcover – March 23, 2021
by Barry Lyga  (Author)
https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Legends-Forever-Crossover-Crisis-ebook/dp/B0859DT4TQ/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

The first two books in this trilogy were The Flash: Green Arrow's Perfect Shot and The Flash: Supergirl's Sacrifice.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Episode description for #515 “Swan Thong” (DCLegendsTV).

SEASON FINALE – Still controlled by the Fates, the Legends find themselves in 1984-esque world, they soon discover that things aren’t as they thought they would be. The Legends must convince the civilians to trust them and stand up for their right to choose, but the Fates don’t make it easy by resurrecting the Encores once again. Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Olivia Swann and Matt Ryan also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Morgan Faust (#515).  Original airdate 6/2/2020. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I noticed that on Legends this season, there were at least two in-episode references to Wild Dog. The below video was recently posted on Youtube, although the interview was recorded last year during Showmasters' London Film & Comic Con, July 26-28, 2019 (posting here because it's still just speculation at this point)...

Rick Gonzalez Hopes For Wild Dog On Other Arrowverse Shows
Red Carpet News   May 24, 2020

-- Media Q: "There's a huge appetite from fans to see yourself specifically and other members of the cast become a more permanent fixture of some of the other shows. Do you feel like there's a natural home for your character? Do you feel - obviously with Legends, that's something that's already quite established - do you think that's where you would probably end up, if we were to see you continue as a mainstay of another show in the universe?"
RG:
"Yeah, I mean, I think, you know, there's definitely room for Wild Dog to connect with other, uh, shows and characters. I think Wild Dog specifically - um, especially with, um, his - his energy and his temperament, um, bodes well with comedy, bodes well with characters that are the opposite of him, because he's so hard to get along with and brooding and moody and speaks his mind, but is also a good person at heart, you know? So there's a - there's a recipe there for a lot of good chemistry with different characters in the - in the Arrowverse. Um, so anywhere from Supergirl to Batwoman, there's so many areas where Wild Dog could connect to. Um, so I'm excited to see, even if it's just for a couple episodes or any cameos, I think there's plenty of room... That conversation has been spoken about, in terms of like seeing if Wild Dog can, um, definitely show up in other shows. So it's - it's definitely a possibility and it's definitely being, um, talked about."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I noticed that on Legends this season, there were at least two in-episode references to Wild Dog.

I remember the one In 5x07 (Mr Parker’s Cul-De-Sac), but what was the other one? 

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I remember the one In 5x07 (Mr Parker’s Cul-De-Sac), but what was the other one? 

5x07 (Mr. Parker's Cul-De-Sac) - Sara was avoiding calls from Wild Dog, who was trying to get in touch with her about a job in Star City

5x08 (Romeo V. Juliet: Dawn of Justness) - Nate's plan to steal the ring included, "And then we go to Star City and we pick up Wild Dog..."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

5x08 (Romeo V. Juliet: Dawn of Justness) - Nate's plan to steal the ring included, "And then we go to Star City and we pick up Wild Dog..."

Ahhh, I missed that one.  Thanks.  Not surprising, since it was Nate talking. 😂

• LOL 1
(edited)

MG tweeted a lot about last night's episode - here's just a sampling, but if you're interested, you can just go to his twitter page to read the rest...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Pics for #515 “Swan Thong” (DCLegendsTV)

SEASON FINALE — Still controlled by the Fates, the Legends find themselves in 1984-esque world, they soon discover that things aren’t as they thought they would be. The Legends must convince the civilians to trust them and stand up for their right to choose, but the Fates don’t make it easy by resurrecting the Encores once again. Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Olivia Swann and Matt Ryan also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Morgan Faust (#515). Original airdate 6/2/2020.

7EA86809-6920-4E1D-BAEA-1EA99AF8DA3D.jpeg

AD271186-2CBE-4761-A40D-117CBEC418F1.jpeg

63E25BBC-6EDF-4749-8C11-4B1D4DCCB06F.jpeg

10C530D4-28E0-4446-A7B2-D570E502E849.jpeg

F5C44547-EE20-4A48-9BF3-D7A3E6E7F57A.jpeg

D13E4D6B-8752-4741-BD04-3627AD7BE505.jpeg

53C81E1E-3ED1-49C7-A2AE-300C9F3BBE75.jpeg

4CF838BA-C41B-4923-9AC2-49E4DD7D8ABA.jpeg

95755520-A254-4A42-94AC-56E8864F6536.jpeg

2198896C-31DF-4B45-8492-F815CD9C01F0.jpeg

5F52C9B6-D140-40D5-A961-245B022565AE.jpeg

0CE7DF90-44F2-459C-9AC0-D069EF6DAFBD.jpeg

FF5F31FC-E65C-4B8F-B02E-3154CCFB3C59.jpeg

48174C96-F470-47CD-979F-C27AE5CA0923.jpeg

6E1D4340-91BF-45B0-905B-175E95CC01FE.jpeg

39979458-E19B-48A8-B660-F2501C2DF7B4.jpeg

3BF2335C-0189-4FFD-A995-7E02E491FA67.jpeg

9A3A7A13-EF32-49F4-8E3E-0516A3426E72.jpeg

2F9F618F-96B6-4F0C-ADF7-4CB88F1CF472.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)

These Arrow Stars Want to Guest on Legends of Tomorrow
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 29, 2020
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/these-arrow-stars-want-to-guest-on-legends-of-tomorrow/ 

... [Juliana] Harkavy, who recently participated in Creation Entertainment's Virtual Fan Experience along with Arrow co-stars like David Ramsey and Michael Rowe, says she wouldn't mind hanging out with the original Canary, Caity Lotz, on DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

During interviews in support of their virtual convention appearances, we asked both Harkavy and Rowe about the potential for their characters to return to the Arrowverse in the coming season. Neither has any more insight than anybody else, given the production questions raised by the pandemic, but both would love to do it.

"Legends is one of my favorite shows in the Arrowverse and I would be so happy to be part of it in any way," Harkavy told ComicBook.com. "I love the show itself, and I love the people who are on the show. I think one of the great things about being in this world is that everything goes together so seamlessly and we already, we already fit together. We cross over together, our worlds interact, our characters interact. They're connected. So if Canaries does or does not go forward, I still would like to be on The Waverider then."
"I've also had some pretty amazing adventures all over the world with Matt Ryan, who plays Constantine in Legends of Tomorrow. He is also my homie and I love that guy," Rowe said. "I've never seen Legends of Tomorrow, but that is the show that came out of the talks of, 'what is the next show going to be in the next show...' I knew that the talks were, it's going to be a gang of heroes and villains put together. I think the original idea was potentially a Suicide Squad show. That wasn't okayed, that wasn't green-lit by the powers that be, so it turned into Legends of Tomorrow, but that would be still a fantastic fit for a character like Deadshot if they ever decided to do so. I wish it was up to me, it's not, but I guess if the fans scream to see it, anything's possible. One thing I do know about those shows is they do have their ear to the ground on what the fans want."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I had a feeling finally giving Charlie something big to do was setting up her departure. I'm glad it was Maisie's choice. Possibly because they didn't actually use her that much as Charlie and she's a long way from home as well as wanting to stretch her wings and do her own thing. Playing two very different characters over four years isn't bad at all though. 

• Love 1
(edited)

This applies to all of the Arrowverse shows filming in Vancouver, including LoT (WorkSafeBC is the Workers' Compensation Board of British Columbia)...

WorkSafeBC publishes Health & Safety Protocols for motion picture industry careful restart.
June 5, 2020
https://www.creativebc.com/2020/06/04/responsibility-compliance-and-a-careful-restart.php 

EMPLOYERS CAN NOW PREPARE TO RESTART PRODUCTION ACTIVITY.

• On June 5, 2020, the Province’s workplace safety authority, WorkSafeBC has published its Health & Safety Protocols for the motion picture industry.

• QUARANTINE REMAINS IN EFFECT: In accordance with the existing order by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), all travellers must quarantine for 14 days upon entering Canada (in this case British Columbia) and will need to submit in advance or present on arrival a “self isolation plan”. At this time, PHAC has not identified any alternatives to this measure.

Motion picture and television production: Protocols for returning to operation
June 5, 2020
https://www.worksafebc.com/en/about-us/covid-19-updates/covid-19-returning-safe-operation/motion-picture-television-production 

General

• Provide digital call sheets, production reports, and contracts when possible.
  • Create policies on disallowing personal animals (i.e., pets), excluding guide and service dogs, in the workplace, especially as allergic reactions may be mistaken as COVID-19 symptoms.

• Limit or restrict visitors to sets, studios, and post-production facilities.

Casting

• Travellers to BC from outside of Canada may not be permitted to enter the province, and if they do, they are required under order by the provincial health officer to self-isolate for 14 days.
  • Cast remotely wherever possible by using virtual meetings or other means.
  • Cast members of the same household in scenes where physical distancing cannot be maintained and where appropriate.
  • Eliminate open calls and assign arrival times. Do not allow performers to enter the facility until scheduled time.

Hair, makeup, prosthetics and other personal services

• For hair and makeup services where physical distancing cannot be maintained and other control measures such as barriers cannot be used, masks should be worn to reduce the risk of transmission. Masks may not protect the wearer from the virus because they do not form a tight seal with the face, but they can reduce the spread of the wearer’s respiratory droplets to others. For that reason, performers should be required to wear masks, where feasible, for these services to protect artists. Artists should also wear masks to protect performers. Refer to WorkSafeBC guidance on selecting and using masks.
  • Consider alternative methods to reduce the overall amount of time spent in close contact while providing hair and makeup services. This may include applying special effects makeup such as facial prosthesis.

• Avoid providing hair and make-up for background performers, if possible.

Costumes and wardrobe

• Only allow essential costume crew and performers present at fittings.
  • Dressing facilities should be arranged to allow for physical distancing. If this is not possible, barriers should be installed.
  • Where the scene permits, background performers can be asked to provide and wear their own clothing.

Filming

• Incorporate alternate shot set-ups, camera angles, lenses, etc. to allow for greater distance between performers.
  • Consider alternative methods to achieve film sequences that necessitate close contact between workers. This may include intimate or fight scenes that require close contact over extended periods. Discuss protocols with appropriate person for performers who have scenes that require closeness or intimacy, and schedule those scenes strategically. The performer has the right to refuse close contact with other performers, such hugging, kissing, and stunts requiring close contact.
  • Scenes involving singing, loud yelling, or the use of wind instruments may increase the risk of transmission. Where possible, film these outdoors and/or ensure adequate distancing between people.
  • Reduce the number of workers in large gathering areas such as video village. Establish and post occupancy limits. Limit access to essential personnel only.
  • Mark the recording area to ensure that only permitted personnel have access.
  • Access to the shooting space should have a defined entrance and exit area. Post entry and exit signage.
  • Reduce the number of cast and crew in filming areas wherever possible.
  • Film large crowd scenes outdoors where possible. Limit the amount of time spend filming these types of scenes. Do not keep people in crowded holding areas for extended periods of time.
  • Consider reducing the number of background performers to a minimum and alter their appearances to recycle them. Minimize day players or develop strategies to film day-players in isolation from the main cast and crew to protect all workers (e.g. splinter or 2nd unit filming).

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 4
(edited)

Arrow's Ben Lewis on Canaries spinoff and why the future of the Arrowverse is queer
BY DAVID OPIE   JUNE 12, 2020
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a32727696/arrow-ben-lewis-canaries-spinoff-gay-lgbtq/

Lewis has discussed this idea with the writers, but if Green Arrow and the Canaries doesn't end up happening, then there's also a chance William's story could continue in another show like Legends instead.

"That’s the really unique thing about being on a show and in a world like this: the possibilities are pretty infinite," says Lewis. "So I would love the opportunity to visit some of those other shows."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Participants in the "Second Wave" of The Plague Nerdalogues, which kicked off June 12, include David Ramsey, Grant Gustin, Caity Lotz, Olivia Swann, David Harewood, Jesse Rath, Jordan Calloway and Camrus Johnson  (watch video below)...

The Plague Nerdalogues: Second Wave Will Feature Grant Gustin, Kevin Smith and More Stars to Benefit Black Lives Matter
Laura Prudom  June 11, 2020
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-plague-nerdalogues-the-second-wave-grant-gustin-kevin-smith-yvette-nicole-brown-black-lives-matter-charity

Back in May, writer-producer Marc Bernardin (Castle Rock, Star Trek: Picard) launched The Plague Nerdalogues, a charitable initiative featuring stars from across the genre space self-taping some of the most iconic monologues from film and TV history, all to raise funds for No Kid Hungry.

The video series has raised over $16,000 to date, ... and was initially designed as a way to raise money and bring people together during the COVID-19 pandemic. The series was always intended to expand with new actors contributing additional monologues in its second wave, but in the wake of the protests against racial injustice that have swept the globe following George Floyd's death, Bernardin was compelled to direct funds for the next round of "Nerdalogues" to Black Lives Matter.
IGN can exclusively reveal the stars participating in The Plague Nerdalogues: The Second Wave, debuting June 12, including Bernardin's Fatman Beyond co-host, director Kevin Smith, The Flash's Grant Gustin, Will Forte (Last Man on Earth), Yvette Nicole Brown (Community), David Ramsey (Arrow), Malcolm Barrett (Timeless), Christina Ochoa (Animal Kingdom), David Harewood (Supergirl), Caity Lotz (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Gary Anthony Williams (Solar Opposites), Jordan Calloway (Black Lightning), Tracie Thoms (9-1-1), Eugene Byrd (Bones), Jay Pharoah (Saturday Night Live), Jesse Rath (Supergirl), Chris Lee (Legacies), Rahul Kohli (iZombie), Parisa Fitz-Henley (Luke Cage), Ahmed Best (Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge), Brittany Curran (The Magicians), Olivia Swann (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Alaina Huffman (The 100), Drew Powell (Gotham), Michael Trucco (Battlestar Galactica), Dani Fernandez (Ralph Breaks the Internet), Camrus Johnson (Batwoman), Affion Crockett (Pixels) Jessie Graff (American Ninja Warrior), Ashley A. Williams (Double Cross), Annika Noelle (The Bold and the Beautiful), and Casey McKinnon (The Tragedy of JFK).

To watch the monologues, you can visit theplaguenerdalogues.com and donate to Black Lives Matter to gain access to the full library of videos, which will expand over time as more monologues are submitted.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

DC FanDome Announced With THE BATMAN, ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE, Arrowverse Reveals, & More
RubyGoldstone | 6/16/2020
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/dc-fandome-announced-with-the-batman-zack-snyders-justice-league-arrowverse-reveals-more-a176085

BURBANK, Calif. - Save the date and prep your cosplay! On Saturday, August 22, starting at 10 a.m. PDT, Warner Bros. will welcome fans everywhere into the DC FanDome—a free virtual fan experience where no badge is required.

Imagine all the Super Heroes and Super-Villains you’ve ever loved finally coming together in one place to celebrate DC’s past, present and future. Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theaters worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984.

The DC FanDome is the place to hear highly anticipated announcements and the latest news, see exclusive footage, and venture into themed worlds designed to entertain everyone from movie and TV superfans to gamers and readers, to families and kids. With special presentations to engage fans in every time zone across the globe, you’ll have the opportunity to have an experience that’s all your own. Inside this virtual world, fans will also get access to localized events, featuring the faces and voices from countries around the world in their local language. No matter where you live, your age or your level of fandom, there is something for you.

• DC WatchVerse: Here's where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.

(Read More)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

'Fall' TV Grid 2020: Your Handy Guide to What's on When, and Versus What
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 18 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/06/18/fall-tv-schedule-2020-nbc-network-cbs-primetime-abc-shows/

fall-tv-schedule-midseason1.png
THE CW (Early 2021): All American, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Charmed, The Flash, Legacies, Nancy Drew, Riverdale, SUPERMAN & LOIS, WALKER… (Spring 2021) DC’s Legends of Tomorrow; Dynasty, In the Dark, KUNG FU, THE REPUBLIC OF SARAH, Roswell New Mexico, Supergirl and any returning shows not yet renewed (e.g. Katy Keene)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Greg Berlanti's DC TV comments start at around the 25:30 mark in below video...

-- When asked about the challenges of writing LGBTQ characters for his DC TV superhero shows, GB: "When we started to, you know, deal with the subject matter, you know, it's interesting when you're - when you're - I think that the impetus is the same, which is, the show has become more real and more in - vital and interesting when they reflect the world we live in. So whether you're, you know - and we're dealing with - we take very seriously, um, the responsibility of ushering incredibly important characters to individuals that people mark their entire life by into a new generation. But, you know, many of them were created in '40's, '50's, '60's, um, and they reflected the people making the books at that time, which is not what our world looks and feels like today. And so, um, I think a real responsibility for us has been to really look to change the gender and the sexuality and the race of the characters to make them reflect, you know, who we are. And so there's always been - there's always a lot of conversations about each of those choices. But, you know, the same thing obviously goes for the LGBT characters, you know, and that, you know - and - and - and whereas I think 10 years ago people might have said, well, this is a family show, which was code for, you're not allowed to go there, you know, and I - and - and I don't think that anyone feels that way anymore. And so now, the fact that there's, you know, a 13-year-old girl out there, you know, or a young trans kid out there, who's looking at these characters and saying, you know, at whatever age, like, oh my gosh. They get to have the same experience that I had when I was sitting in the back of a comic book shop, you know, uh, just identifying with the characters. But even - even more wholly, you know?"

-- When asked whether there were challenges in getting Batwoman off the ground because it had the first lead that was LGBTQ (putting aside recent casting issues), GB: "No, I think everyone realized it was time, you know, and again there had been, uh, the other shows - the characters on the other shows had been popular. And so, um, you know, it really was, as it is for all the characters, you know, about getting it right. And Caroline Dries, who's the, you know, showrunner of that show, is - is a remarkable talent. She came from Vampire Diaries and she, um, you know, it - the comic - this particular character and this comic book had always been such a passion of hers. Um, she literally left a deal at another studio just to come back and do this show. Um, and she's always had it in - the vision for it and always had it in her, you know, in her teeth."

Conversations in Pride: Greg Berlanti, Storyteller at Paley Front Row 2020
The Paley Center for Media   June 22, 2020

At Paley Front Row 2020, Greg Berlanti celebrates his career as a successful producer, creator, director, and writer of popular TV shows. Topics include: his role in bringing about the first "romantic" gay kiss on a network show; the necessity for more "coming out" stories; why Berlanti has never helmed a "gay-centric" series; the character he wrote that most closely mirrors him; incorporating LGBTQ characters on The CW's DC Comics shows; reactions to his changing DC characters' gender, race, or sexuality; and teaming up with Jim Parsons for HBO Max's "Equal," about gay history before Stonewall.

• Love 1
(edited)

40 Great LGBTQ TV Shows to Stream Now
By JERRY PORTWOOD & ALAN SEPINWALL    JUNE 22, 2020
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-lists/lgbtq-tv-shows-watch-streaming-1012035/legends-of-tomorrow-netflix-cw-berlanti-1012311/

‘Legends of Tomorrow’ (Netflix)
Most of the Arrow-verse shows (a.k.a. CW superhero dramas based on DC Comics characters, produced by Greg Berlanti) feature at least one prominent queer character. In a few cases, they’re the lead. Since Batwoman is in the midst of recasting its title role in the wake of Ruby Rose’s messy departure, we’ll recommend the most purely fun of all the Arrow spin-offs: Legends of Tomorrow. It’s a time-traveling, genre-bending tale of a bunch of castoffs from the other shows trying to fix the universe, even as their adventures inevitably create more problems. Skip the dull first year and jump right to Season Two, when two crucial creative decisions were made: (1) The show embraced its own inherent lameness and became much livelier and more entertaining; and (2) Sarah Lance (Caity Lotz), the badass, bisexual martial artist also known as the White Canary, was promoted to team leader — and the main constant of a show whose cast is otherwise constantly turning over. Sarah’s romance with uptight bureaucrat Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) is also by far the show’s stablest, healthiest relationship. —A.S.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

According to the linked Vanity Fair article, Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are part of this stellar cast...

J.K. Simmons, who has appeared in nearly all of Reitman’s movies, will also play a role, along with the filmmaker’s sister Catherine Reitman, best known for the Netflix comedy Workin’ Moms. The rest of the cast is an IMDB-busting litany of who’s who: Andy Serkis, Elijah Wood, Beanie Feldstein, Dave Bautista, Dennis Haysbert, Taika Waititi, David Spade, Jon Hamm, Stephen Merchant, Mackenzie Davis, Nicholas Braun, Robert Wuhl, Don Johnson, Ari Graynor, Thomas Lennon, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Zoey Deutch, and Zazie Beetz—among many others still under wraps and some TBD.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Some LoT-related comments in this podcast interview by Between a Pod and a Hard Place with MG on June 27, 2020...

Marc Guggenheim
Between a Pod and a Hard Place (Stephen Culton)  Posted: June 28, 2020
https://anchor.fm/Betweenapodandahardplace/episodes/Marc-Guggenheim-efvtjs 

-- BAPAAHP: "I've always had a certain level of social anxiety where new situations, new people - I've missed out on jobs because I couldn't get through the interview very well... I was on medication for about a year. And so, um, I lost my job and lost the insurance that came with it. And so I couldn't get back on medication. And I've kind of learned to manage it without. And it is - it is rough, because I saw myself transition from just outrage over the littlest things to noticing that go away and then watching it as it returns. And then finding little ways to kind of manage through that, uh, one of those being this podcast, or binge-watching shows like Arrow or Legends. And I've found that those things have helped. And, uh, it's kept me kind of relaxed and in a fun mood, I guess you could say."
MG:
"That's really, you know, terrific to hear. I'm a big believer, when it comes to anxiety and depression, um, there's no magic bullet, there's no 'one size fits all' remedy. Um, you know, hearing your story, on the one hand, I'm like, oh, that's really sweet that, you know, Arrow and Legends have helped you through this. Uh, and at the same time, I'm kind of outraged on your behalf that, like, you lose your job and therefore you lose access to medication and you have to sort of self-medicate, basically. Um, and, you know... that's a huge problem to me in our country... There's a lot of work that I have to do, even while I'm on medication. Uh, but to take away medication is, uh - that's really horrible. Um, and that's not a circumstance I think anyone, uh, you know, in this country should have live with. Unfortunately, far too many do." (Discussion became more political at this point. Then there was some discussion about the lack of understanding about the seriousness of anxiety and depression, the lack of empathy, and the now reduced social stigma in talking publicly about such issues.)

-- Fan Q: "What is the next hero that you would add as a standalone series?"
MG:
"I'm going to answer your question in the worst way possible. I'm going to rewrite it and say - pretend that you asked me what I wish we could do. Um, one of the things that I really, really wanted to do - and I pitched it and it never really gained any traction - was, I wanted to, you know, with Arrow going down, I wanted to take the Arrow sound stages and the crew and department heads and basically - ... it would form what I would call a production hunt. And we would basically use all that talent and all those amazing people to do like a mini-series about Sara and Nyssa, or a Constantine movie, or you name it, you know. And sort of - less bring in new people, but rather, you know, play with the existing toys. Um, and sort of create, you know, like an anthology...  An Arrowverse anthology remains, uh, one of the things that I would really love to see...."

-- Fan Q: "What pop culture references can we expect from the next season of Legends?"
MG:
"Ooh, good question. Um, honestly, it's just too early to answer." He added that he's read "story areas for the first three episodes, but who knows how anything's going to be impacted by how we have to produce things post pandemic or during the pandemic." Therefore, he's "very loath to say" what we're going to see next season on Legends
MG: "I can tell you that there's something in the works that's Legends-related, that it's very, very, very cool and very fun pop-culturally, and is, you know, is actually happening, but, um, you know, it hasn't been announced yet."

-- Fan Q: "When they hired Caity Lotz to be Sara Lance, how far out was her storyline planned?"
MG:
"Okay, so here's - here's sort of the backstory about really Sara Lance. So in the pilot obviously Sara Lance was played by an actress who's not Caity Lotz, um, and seemingly died. And one of the first conversations we actually ended up having - let me go back a little bit. Um, the normal part of a pilot process is, you write the pilot, you, you know, go into pre-production on the pilot, you go into production on the pilot, and then you go into post-production on the pilot. And during those three stages, you kinda can't help but start having conversations about what the post pilot episodes are going to be or even what the post first season episodes are going to be. Um, and one of the first things that we discussed was the idea that Sara Lance did not in fact die aboard the Gambit. Um, when we knew we were going to tell that story at the - uh, you know, in Season 2, the beginning of Season 2, um, we discussed, you know, recasting, um - I'm a horrible person, I forget the name of the actress. Uh, she was unavailable, uh, because she was doing, um, a show for E, I believe, um, and - E is a now defunct, uh, cable channel - um, so we had - we knew we would have to recast and we went through our normal casting process - you know, David Rapaport and Lindsey Baldasare are incredible casting directors who cast all the shows. They brought us many wonderful actors, uh, but Caity was the standout. Uh, and actually, Stephen was kind enough to fly down from Vancouver, uh, on one of his days off to do a chemistry read with Caity. Um, uh, and it was great. We just knew. We just knew it was a perfect bit of casting. Um, in terms of like our plans for her, um, we - it kind of came in sort of fits and starts. Um, we knew that, you know, the whole reason to bring in Sara Lance was really to tell the story about, you know, Slade Wilson and Lian Yu, um, and, you know, that folded into the League of Assassins, which set up Season 3. Um, I - I can tell you that when we -we brought in Caity, we didn't - it's not like we knew we were going to do Legends at that stage. Um, that came later. Um, but when we killed her off at the start of Season 3, um, we always knew that the Lazarus Pit was, you know, was not only available to us, but would make a lot of sense, uh, given her connection to both Nyssa and, uh, the League of Assassins."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Video montage includes quick clip of Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford as Westley and Buttercup in the Fire Swamp...

More clips from this Princess Bride celebrity home movie (plus scroll to see a still pic of BR and CF)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Best Superhero Movies and TV Shows on Netflix Right Now
By Matt Fowler   Posted: 3 Jul 2020
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-best-superhero-movies-and-tv-shows-on-netflix-right-now

Legends of Tomorrow
While the entire Arrowverse is worth watching, if not just to admire the ambition and scope of the shared universe, the most unexpectedly gleeful series in the giant machine is DC's Legends of Tomorrow, which features Arrow and Flash castaways -- like Atom, White Canary, Heat Wave, Constantine, and more -- in a rambunctious and humor-laced ride through time and space.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
The Incredibles 2
Arrow
Daredevil
Gotham
The Umbrella Academy
Agents of SHIELD
Lucifer
Legends of Tomorrow
I Am Not Okay With This

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

from tvline.com:

Legends Boss Warns Season 6 won't Be Smooth Sailing For Sara and Ava

When your girlfriend has been abducted by aliens, your relationship is bound to experience a few hiccups. That’s the scenario that Legends of Tomorrow‘s Sara and Ava are facing after the Season 5 finale, in which the Waverider captain was taken by extraterrestrial beings, unbeknownst to her lady.

“Having Sara gone is the most interesting shift in the dynamic” for the upcoming sixth season, co-showrunner Phil Klemmer tells TVLine. “When a family loses a parent, and a bunch of children, Party of Five-style, have to raise themselves, it’s gonna be really interesting. It’s also going to afford Sara a chance to have a separate storyline.” (In other words, don’t expect the blonde to return to her friends in the first act of Episode 601, Klemmer says.)

Sara’s distance from the timeship will also impact her otherwise stable romance with Ava, as both women try to “function in each other’s absence,” Klemmer previews. “They’re totally capable of doing so, but it’s like they don’t want to. It’s not like they can’t. It’s not like Sara can’t survive being taken hostage and taken away to whatever alien dimension. It’s not that Ava couldn’t step up and fill Sara’s shoes. But it’s just like it’s painful, and that’s obviously not what they want to do.”

While there are “always obstacles” for “Avalance,” such as Sara’s blindness this past season and Ava’s insecurities about her place on the team, “it seems like the complications come from the outside,” Klemmer notes. “I don’t think they’re the kind of couple who’s going to sleep with somebody else or blow up their relationship. But they are walking a tightrope with just the responsibilities that they both bear. Season 6 is not going to be smooth sailing, but it’s not going to be a soap opera either.”

For Klemmer, it’s important that the pair’s storyline continues to evolve “the way that relationships grow in real life,” he adds. “I want to make sure that they’re taking on kind of new and more like grown-up relationship issues. I don’t want to feel like we’re just circling the same, like, dating issues, because let’s be honest, they’re not dating now. They’re something that’s much more close to being like married. The stakes go up the longer you’re with somebody. You’re kind of inextricable and vulnerable. So we want to make sure that they feel like they’re always growing.”

Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 is slated to debut midseason 2021 on The CW.

If you like TVLine, you'll LOVE our weekly newsletter. Click here to subscribe.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Proteus said:

“When a family loses a parent, and a bunch of children, Party of Five-style, have to raise themselves, it’s gonna be really interesting."

That's something that occurred to me as folks talked about Sara not getting decent storylines, etc.: making her Captain, and then putting her into a stable relationship, has essentially made her a parent in a show about the kids.  Her role is to be boring so the others can reflect off of her. She's become Howard Cunningham.

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 3
(edited)

Done to raise money for BLM...

The Plague Nerdalogues: Caity Lotz as A Jewish Barber 
It's Komplicated    Jul 6, 2020

FYI: To watch other actors' monologues for free, go to The Plague Nerdalogues website.

The Plague Nerdalogues began in May 2020 as a way for actors of all stripes to flex their geek muscles during a specific moment in time: The two-pronged assault on the status quo by the coronavirus and the uprising against systemic racism. Those performances -- nerd actors doing monologues from beloved nerd media -- were used to raise money, first for No Kid Hungry, then for Black Lives Matter.

The intent was always to make these monologues available to the public, free of charge, after a certain amount of time ... and so we are.

If you are so moved, feel free to donate to Black Lives Matter, but it is not necessary.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2