Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Tatiana Maslany should have won.  There is no one on TV is doing what she's doing.  I think Viola Davis is great but IMO there is just no comparison to Maslany for the range she has with 6 different characters.

Oh well. At least she was nominated.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 9

This Emmys is weird. For a lot of them (not all a few I am realively happy with) not only is the person I want to win not winning the one I want to win least does win. What the hell?

Tatiana Maslany should have won.

Technically I do agree with you.  It was a tough category and all the women were equally deserving in it.  Although Viola Davis  was least favorite this was hardly my biggest disappointment of the night.  

Edited by Chaos Theory

Glad Jon Hamm won, despite my thoughts on the final half season not being that great.

Tina Fey presenting to him should have been a giveaway he would win.

Have not seen a single scene of How to......was hoping Tatiana would win.

LOL except I don't think the presenters actually know who the winner is.

• Love 1

Wow, I didn't realize I was the one remaining devotee of Modern Family!

That's what I'm saying! The show gets so much hate on this site but everyone I know in real life who watches it still loves it. I watch it all the time in syndication, it never gets old to me. 

And Tracy Morgan, so good to see him back. "I miss you guys so much", we miss you too Tracy.

• Love 3

That's what I'm saying! The show gets so much hate on this site but everyone I know in real life who watches it still loves it. I watch it all the time in syndication, it never gets old to me. 

And Tracy Morgan, so good to see him back. "I miss you guys so much", we miss you too Tracy.

Modern Family is an OK show, but there are funnier shows out there.

Don`t get me wrong, I still enjoy the hell out of Modern Family. Its just time for another show to win, in my opinion. 

• Love 5
Where's Jon Snow I mean Kit Harrington?

He couldn't be there, as he knows nothing...or we all supposedly don't know anything about whether or not he's on the next season.  And you can put that sentence in the sarcasm dip, next to the spoiler chips.

Very happy GoT won, very happy, and happy to see Tracy Morgan doing well.  

• Love 1

Is there anyone here who does watch "How To Get Away With Murder"?

I really enjoy the show and Viola kills in it like she does everything.

I've also moved past saying people earn or deserve any of these awards. Everyone here puts in the work. With most of these categories, you pick a name out of a hat and not be wrong. And if you kill it, you kill it. Julia Louis Dreyfuss, for example, has been killing from episode one. I don't think she needs to step aside or not win just because other people are killing too. I only have a problem with continuous wins when a show is obvious a shell of it's former self. See Modern Family in previous current years.

• Love 6

Whelp, it happens.  Game of Thrones wins for it's weakest season yet, in my opinion.  Still, I'm sure the HBO executives will be partying tonight!

I have to agree.  And it feels so weird to me that Mad Men didn't win for that final episode.

• Love 1