Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

Oh, fuck this.  Emmy voters apparently looked at Jonathan Banks amazing performance in Five-0 and were like "Eh, that's nice, but man, Dinklage's got that drunk stuff nailed down!"  Don't get me wrong, I love Peter Dinklage, but I am so disappointed by this.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Love Peter Dinklage and he was good as always this season but they gave him no Emmy-worthy material.  I'm a big Game of Thrones fans but it's likely going to win a bunch of awards for its most undeserving season.

PD didn't have anything approaching Jonathan Banks's 5-0 performance on Breaking Bad.  But he's a previous winner so that means the Emmy will give you an award based strictly on past performance.  The biggest joke this award season was Margo Martindale (a great actress btw) receiving an Emmy Award for Outstanding Performance by a Guest Actress for literally two minutes of work in an insignificant scene.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4

Memo

Date: 20 September 2015

To: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences:

Re: In Memoriam segment for 2016 Oscars

When planning the In Memoriam segment, please refer to 2015 Emmy telecast. But, please don't use "Somewhere Over the Rainbow":)

• Love 4

As for Mad Men, frankly the show was not that great this past half season.

I thought it was fantastic, especially the last episode.

Yay for Hamm!!

You can never have enough Hamm.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 4

I know some of it might be a make-up award, but I'm glad Jon Hamm finally won the damn thing.  And this is the first acting award for Mad Men, which is insane.

It looked like Kyle Chandler led the standing ovation, which is pretty awesome.

I still can't believe the geeky guy from Body of Proof is married to Christina Hendricks.  Lucky bastard!

• Love 3

I'm going to echo what others have said earlier - share the love!   Do voters just get lazy and vote for whoever won last year, because that way they don't have to watch the newly submitted work?  Sigh.

Emmy voters are the laziest on the planet.  I've seen enough of the performances to know that they are now rewarding people strictly on the basis of being past winners.

• Love 2

Viola!!! Your show sucks, but you're great.

And she looks fabulous. And that dress, those arms...

ETA: And her speech. "You cannot win an Emmy for roles that are simply not there."  The whole speech was amazing. I loved her shout out to other actresses, including Nicole Beharie (yay, Sleepy Hollow!)

Edited by topanga
  • Love 15