Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Oh, man, Jason just talked major smack about Frankie. Hilarious! I'm kind of surprised they didn't cut to the fish.

He's not the only one who's been trashed.  Days ago, back when the feeds first came on, the whole house agreed on hating on Dick, and Jason in particular thought that BB8 was one of the most rigged messes ever.

• Love 10
(edited)

I just went back and transcribed it. I love his last declaration! He’s doing dishes with Jeff and Jackie and they’re wondering what people on the outside are thinking of them.

Jason:  Everyone has their favorites, everyone has a person whose house they’d like to burn down. We are all polarizing characters and that’s why we’re here. I can’t give you a real answer about what they think about you because very rarely is everyone on the same page, unless you’re Frankie and then everyone wants to kill you. All the feeders could not stand him...the real hardcore community was, like, “Worst person EVER!”

Jeff : Why was that?

Jason: Just because he had this huge ego and was annoying as hell. Anyone who thinks they’re famous, like, having a famous sister or something is just ridiculous. Plus, he ran around here lying to everybody for half the damn time and then exposing who his sister was.

Jackie: But it worked and you can’t hate him.

Jason: Oh, I can hate him all I want.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 22

Jokers has a couple of new updates up.  But first: Audrey's earlier attempt to use Jace to cause trouble between James and Jeff seems to have fizzled.  She talked to James, said that Jace told her that Jeff spilled the beans about the song James was going to sing at the veto ceremony.  Jace agreed to the story, just to blow things up because he was leaving.  So James talked to Audrey and she told him what Jace had supposedly said, and then sent James to clarify with Jace.  But Jace thought he saw a way to save himself, so he vaguely hinted that the person who told him about the song was aligned closely with Jackie, and the best way to get back at that person was to vote Jackie out (thus saving himself).  James apparently saw through the plot and went to Jeff to tell him what was up.

A bunch of the hamsters gathered in the kitchen to discuss Audrey.  They talked about how she's isolated herself and won't stop playing the game or even engage for a couple of minutes in casual conversation.  Jason said the last time he tried to just talk to Audrey, she ignored his small talk and instead told him that Becky was a racist, something about Becky saying something about a black towel.  Becky said that what Audrey was referring to was actually a conversation they had about nominations where Becky thought Audrey was worried she was being targeted and Becky tried to convince her to calm down and not worry about it.  Audrey turned that into Becky being too strong of a player and so she needed to go.  The racist thing is just Audrey saying what she thinks will turn people against Becky.  There was also some talk about Season 15 and another thing about Becky's parents refusing to sign waivers because they didn't want to be unfavorably edited.

Jokers wasn't real specific about it, but that seems to be the gist of the conversation.

Meanwhile, Audrey is still in bed, crying and hinting that she wants to leave because she's not having any fun.  Shelli suggested she talk with the BB psychologist.

Not long after that, Audrey talks to Steve.  She says that Shelli told Audrey that the house has agreed to put her on the block, then throw the BotB to keep her there.  Then she'll be voted out.  Audrey has decided instead to win HoH and try to backdoor Jeff.  Steve hadn't known of this and wondered why this is happening.  Audrey says that Jeff is the one telling lies to turn people against her.  Steve tells her he'll also try to win HoH and he'll be her secret backup guy.  He tells her he's with her, but he's going to pretend to be against her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think I have feeds fatigue because these people keep spinning in circles and it's tiring. Audrey's plan to turn Jeff and James against each other didn't work. I usually go here to catch up on what's going on: http://www.bigbrotherdaily.com/big-brother-17/daily-recaps.html

ETA: Steve is attempting to be social and is talking to Jeff, Meg and James. I find his social awkwardness endearing. They were taking about life and the type of girls Steve was interested in (social butterfly's to take him out of his shell).

Meg went to bed and Steve, James and Jeff are eating Chinese food in the bathroom and speculating about what the HOH comp will be and past comps.

Jace is talking to Shelli and I can't bring myself to listen to that conversation.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just watched the prom. I absolutely enjoyed it. I thought it was very funny and they all did a good job in the talent competition.

I just watched it too and it was indeed very funny and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Well except Audrey and Jace but who really cares about them.

Becky & John's talent was quite clever too.  I actually laughed out loud a couple of times watching.   

And kudos to Steve for doing a bit better with his social game.  Have no idea if people want to be around him but it does seem better for him.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

James didn't need Audrey to turn him against Jeff. He already doesn't like Jeff...not because of anything game related but because he thinks he's the one standing in the way of him and Meg having a showmance and living happily ever after.

• Love 2
(edited)

But Jace thought he saw a way to save himself, so he vaguely hinted that the person who told him about the song was aligned closely with Jackie, and the best way to get back at that person was to vote Jackie out (thus saving himself).  James apparently saw through the plot and went to Jeff to tell him what was up.

And Jeff did what Jeff does, talked in circles about more alliances.  I think he decided the final four should be him, James, Jason, and Meg.  But it's a new day, so all of that will be out the window.   I still think if Audrey leaves, people are going to notice how much he runs around flapping his gums and that he's just exhausting.

I also caught a tiny conversation that happened sometime yesterday where  Jace was much kinder with Steve.  I didn't hear an apology, just Jace assuring him that everything was "alright".  He did say he that Audrey (and James, I think) made him really mad right before they had that talk.  Steve, showing that he is a good person, said "F the game.  I really never wanted to hurt you."   It made me feel about Steve and where his is at.  And to Jace's credit, it looked like he knew he came on too strong and regretted it.  But he can leave now  on basically good terms with Steve.  I almost think he's quietly rooting for Steve.  But that's probably giving him too much credit.  

Edited by vb68

I just watched the prom. I absolutely enjoyed it. I thought it was very funny and they all did a good job in the talent competition.

Absolutely! Compared to last season's "Overwhelming NO" performance, this was a little slice o' heaven. John & Becky won the talent comp hands down, although I'll have to give Austin and Jason a fairly close second for their "Dirty Dancing" finale recap. And I have to give Honorable Mention to <drumroll please> Jackie and Steve. Considering Steve had all of - what, a couple of hours, tops? - to partner with a professional dancer, I thought he did surprisingly well. At least he didn't drop, kick, or step on her.

• Love 1
(edited)

Interesting. BB was a little slow with the fish, and I heard Liz and Austin discussing the "serious" tennis shoes they got, apparently for the HOH. They now assume it's something athletic, and the fact that they went on lockdown pretty early today makes me agree. But surely not endurance this soon, with this many people? Maybe some random crapshoot requiring firm footing?

Yesterday they were on fish for like an hour and when they came back Jason (I think) was saying he thinks the HOH will be a crapshoot.

I adore this cast for constantly talking about production, and for figuring out that the monitors are generally zoned out but listening for key words like "diary room" or "production" or whatever and so instead they try using code words like "journal." Sure, the fish-button guys won't be fooled for long but it's been hilarious how much these people talk about production stuff. Also hilarious how much they just don't GAF.

They always have code words but in the past every cast seems to use the same ones, so I'm surprised this cast came up with some new ones. Production hasn't seemed to fully catch on yet because I haven't heard them send the "You are not allowed to talk about your diary room sessions with other houseguests' at all when they bring up 'journal.' And I don't think I've heard them get the "You are not allowed to talk about Production" one either when they go on about 'beefcakes.' Good job, HGs!

Speaking of the journal, yesterday Day said she 'accidentally called [someone] a boy' in there. I couldn't make out everything she said, but it was pretty clear imo from her tone/expression that she was talking about calling Audrey a boy. Disappointing.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I could make out everything she said, but it was pretty clear imo from her tone/expression that she was talking about calling Audrey a boy. Disappointing.

I don't even understand how that slip could occur. It isn't like Audrey is currently transitioning, or that she in anyway reflects having been a boy.  Audrey is 100% a woman at this point.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hate to stereotype but homophobia is still a pretty big problem in African-American communities. I'm guessing Davonne doesn't run into many transgendered people in South Central Los Angeles. She doesn't seem to mind Jason very much but her tone toward Audrey has always seemed off to me, even early on when they were aligned. In one of her diary rooms in the first episode she implied Audrey was milking her situation to gain favor with the other HGs. Then I heard her questioning one of Audrey's rather disturbing childhood stories and now with this "slip" I'm really starting to wonder about her.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1
(edited)

All in all, I was thinking these HGs have been pretty good about Audrey but then I remembered some stuff I heard/read about.

- Day/Jason were questioning whether Audrey even was transgender at all and Jason was like, "It's not like we can pull her pants down and look."

- Apparently Jeff has referred to her as 'it.' (I didn't personally hear this.)

- Austin/Liz said she needs a lot of makeup to pass as female.

- Last night, Jason said "Your dick is fucking trash or your pussy is fucking trash."

I think all in all Day and Jason seem to have some issues with her because she's transgender imo. It makes me sad.

And then you have Clay and his racism. ETA: Video to exhibit this a bit.

Sigh.

• Love 1

I don't need to see anymore of Liz/Julia and Jeff practicing.  I'm going to hear that chant in my head all night. Ugh.

I read this post and am I a horrible person because my first thought was "It'd be hilarious if Liz or Julia started a showmance with Jeff (or any guy) and the other one didn't know about the showmance?"

I just think the scrambling would be pretty funny to cover as the other one figured it out and the guy would be all "what the heck is with these mixed signals?" I think it would be a showmance (which I'm not a fan of) I'd enjoy.

• Love 2

I read this post and am I a horrible person because my first thought was "It'd be hilarious if Liz or Julia started a showmance with Jeff (or any guy) and the other one didn't know about the showmance?"

I just think the scrambling would be pretty funny to cover as the other one figured it out and the guy would be all "what the heck is with these mixed signals?" I think it would be a showmance (which I'm not a fan of) I'd enjoy.

That actually is sorta happening. Julia seems to be pretty into Jace while Liz seems to not be that into him. Too bad we're most likely losing Jace this week because that really could turn out to be really entertaining.

• Love 2

Speaking of the journal, yesterday Day said she 'accidentally called [someone] a boy' in there. I could make out everything she said, but it was pretty clear imo from her tone/expression that she was talking about calling Audrey a boy. Disappointing.

Context matters.  So I won't pass judgment until I see just how it all played out.

You're right. But everything mixed together from Day has me thinking she's definitely got some trans issues going on. I still like her though. And again based on her tone/face when she told Jason what she said it was clear to me that she really regretted it. Plus, I'm saddened by Day getting the 'angry black woman' edit. I should've known, but it surprised me.

Jason comes off far worse than Day with regards to Audrey anyway. I wanted to like Jason and I've tried, but I'm mostly just meh on him.

• Love 2
(edited)

"You're a fucking trash bag, you're fucking trash, your dick is fucking trash or pussy is fucking trash." -- Jason on Audrey last night.  Yeah his ass can go back to bagging groceries, I'm over him.  I can't stand people that cuss excessively to get their point across.   

Edited by Nite Ryder
  • Love 3

Audrey on purpose went around trying to make other people racists so that they'd be hated and throw anything she could on anyone but herself. She knows accusing people of that on BB could destroy lives and didn't care, so Day saying anything by accident and regretting it I won't hold against her. At least it was an accident and not on purpose like Audrey's lies.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm always wary of people who shout out Jokers. Jason does that constantly. 

LOL! You got a good point there. Derrick shout out to Jokers all the time. 

This isn't on the topic at all but it really seems like Liz/Julia are switching a lot more than Natalie/Adria did. I hope we get info tonight on how many times they've switched.

Also, I wanted to follow up on Jason's comment. I just read that he has actually said the 'your dick is trash' thing about multiple people, including cis women, so I'm actually looking at the comment a lot differently now. He probably realized right away that it might come off worse when said about Audrey and that's why he quickly added the last bit. Still, I'm not really a big Jason fan and I do think he shows more hostility towards Audrey than seems reasonable. Also, I just really hate when people use the word 'pussy' anyway.

• Love 3

Since Clay played during the Johnny Football era, he might have had to sit through enough media training to be aware enough to not display this attitude on national TV.

Also, I wanted to follow up on Jason's comment. I just read that he has actually said the 'your dick is trash' thing about multiple people, including cis women, so I'm actually looking at the comment a lot differently now. He probably realized right away that it might come off worse when said about Audrey and that's why he quickly added the last bit. Still, I'm not really a big Jason fan and I do think he shows more hostility towards Audrey than seems reasonable. Also, I just really hate when people use the word 'pussy' anyway.

Just my opinion but I don't think Jason has a problem with Audrey being trans. I think he's just vulgar and enjoys talking shit about people. Audrey crossed him so she is the only one really getting it right now but as the season progresses I think he's gonna be the one HG sitting around trashing everyone. I want to like him but that's not a good look.

• Love 3
(edited)

This isn't on the topic at all but it really seems like Liz/Julia are switching a lot more than Natalie/Adria did. I hope we get info tonight on how many times they've switched.

Julie said that Adria and Natalie switched ten times.  Liz and Julia have already switched at least six times in the first week.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1

Julie said that Adria and Natalie switched ten times.  Liz and Julia have already switched at least six in the first week.

Damn! I wonder why they're switching them so much? And I wonder if it will continue to be this much as the weeks go on or if they'll settle in more.

• Love 1

This isn't on the topic at all but it really seems like Liz/Julia are switching a lot more than Natalie/Adria did.

Yeah, I feel like it's every couple of days. On the last episode we started with shots of Julia and then by the time of the PoV ceremony it was back to Liz.

(edited)

I'm looking forward to Jace's reaction tonight if Julie brings up the twins twist. This could also be our first clue of the possibility that Jace can be sequestered with a potential for going back into the house at some point.

Edited by TimWil

I really want a DaVonne and Audrey or Audrey and Jeff HOHs tonight. I just want more great feeds for the week!

I can't stand Jeff. He's slowly becoming drunk with power the male Audrey.

I love how Audrey is telling others "there are far greater masterminds than me" to Vanessa. Ie: It wasn't me it was them. Vanessa is right Audrey needs to stop talking game for a few day and be more social. Audrey's problem she's so addicted to the game she won't stop talking game.

• Love 2

And then you have Clay and his racism.

And when he says things like "I don't talk to women like that" meaning in an angry tone, to me, it doesn't imply some chivalrous/gentlemanly attitude but that there is some bullshit misogyny undercurrent to it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't watch the other season with twins. Where does the twin go when she isn't in the house, and do the two ever interact to swap stories or information?

They most likely stay sequestered in a hotel room. In BB5, when the one in the house was on the PBJ diet the other one had to eat only PBJ as well, so I assume this week when Liz/Julia was not in the house they were still eating slop. They have like 10 minutes in the DR to swap clothes/info.

• Love 1

Has the twins twist actually been spelled out yet? I think it would be fun if two sets of twins were in the house simultaneously and the first set to be "discovered" faced eviction while the set which wasn't would be allowed to continue with both of them allowed to play as individuals if they're not "discovered" by the halfway point.

• Love 1

I think that stuff Jace was saying was borderline racist too, even though he apparently intended it to be complementary. Fetishizing someone because of their ethnicity or cultural background is a form of racism too, IMO. The only thing that surprised me about what Clay was saying (and his slight "ew" demeanor when he said it) was that he spoke it out loud in front of cameras. You'd think he'd remember how his fellow Texas homegirl Aaryn from BB15 got villified.

• Love 2

I'm looking forward to Jace's reaction tonight if Julie brings up the twins twist. This could also be our first clue of the possibility that Jace can be sequestered with a potential for going back into the house at some point.

She probably won't bring it up around him, though.

A bit off-topic but apparently ratings have been way down. Turns out the casual viewers don't care for BoTB and the twistiest summer to ever twist, EVER!

LOL! You got a good point there. Derrick shout out to Jokers all the time. 

On Reddit (I think? I'm so behind on the cool Internet places now, I've never been there), Liz/Julia's cousin is on there and has been posting about who is in the house. It sounds like Liz was in there pre-feeds and for a day or two after they started, then Julia for five or six days, and then back to Liz now. I don't think it's happening as often as people think. Last time they did the twin twist it was every couple of days that they switched, I think. On other sites, people are claiming they're swapping almost every day but that seems really unlikely. Every five or so days seems a little more likely. 

I feel sorry for whatever twin does come in after a couple of days. Fifteen minutes to switch clothes and fill in the other one doesn't seem like enough with how batshit this house seems to be. "So, since you've been in here, we've gotten in and out of nine different alliances..."

(edited)

A bit off-topic but apparently ratings have been way down. Turns out the casual viewers don't care for BoTB and the twistiest summer to ever twist, EVER!

BotB is a FAN FAVORITE. Clearly the ratings are wrong.

I hope the week 2 twist is that battle of the block is gone.

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 5
(edited)

Last time and it was a long time ago so I could be wrong, the other twin never got a daily update. Just the fifteen minute clothing switch while they informed each other of what happened in the house before they swapped. But how could you explain the last few days in the house in just fifteen minutes? Alliances start and blow up this season in ten minutes.

Last season, wasn't the HoH comp the frat house one, something to do with stacking kegs? And then they changed it over quickly and did BotB in the same night? With 4th of July being on Saturday, they probably need to cram a bunch of stuff together. Weren't they locked inside for the 4th last time because of people celebrating around them?

Edited by Callaphera
(edited)

I'm not surprised the ratings are down. Despite an apparently dramatic week (I haven't really watched the feeds), I personally haven't felt invested in any of the houseguests, unlike the last few years. I have a couple that I may want to make it past week five, but none that I want to desperately see win. Maybe there are others who also feel the same way.

Also, yeah, BOTB was an awful idea last season, especially when it helped to save Frankie from eviction. This season it'll probably save Audrey or something. 

Edited by Lady Calypso

I'm not sure what to think about the ratings. It's really early in the season, and I'm not sure what BB is up against schedule wise. I'm enjoying the hell out of the feeds, but agree that there's no real breakout person I'm rooting hard for. Maybe Meg, but she gave off such a crappy first impression for me on the TV, it wasn't until watching her on the feeds where I started liking her.

I'd like to see as much of the drama of the last few days on tonight's show, but with the ridiculous takeover twist this year, that's going to take away a chunk of time. I like Kathy Griffin, but I don't really need to see her on tonight's show.

I'm just rooting for Audrey to be one of the HOHs. She could possibly be the worst HOH ever, and after the snooze fest of last season, I want to watch some crazy!

• Love 2

Sigh.

I watched the video and I don't know what Clay said that is considered racist. Did he mumble something and I missed it?

• Love 1
(edited)

So based on what I'm gathering, assuming Jace is gone tonight (and it's looking like he is), then Clay, Shelli, John, and Steve are absolutely throwing the HoH Competition.  Audrey, Austin, Becky, Da'Vonne, Jackie, Jason, Jeff, Liz, and Vanessa are absolutely fighting for it.  Meg will throw it only if Audrey falls out of it before she does, but will otherwise try to win it till she is out of it.

Edited by Donny Ketchum

So based on what I'm gathering, assuming Jace is gone tonight (and it's looking like he is), then Clay, Shelly, John, and Steve are absolutely throwing the HoH Competition. Audrey, Austin, Becky, Da'Vonne, Jackie, Jason, Jeff, Liz, and Vanessa are absolutely fighting for it. Meg will throw it only if Audrey falls out of it before she does, but will otherwise try to win it till she is out of it.

Meg isn't terribly bright if that's really her plan. She should be the first person throwing it.