Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Under Construction

• Start Topic

Why do Meghan and Jim even live in Orange County?  If his work in St. Louis and she is from there, what is the draw of Orange County?  Is that where his kids are located?

She said last night that the OC is where one of his ex-wives lives, and one of the daughter's wanted to be closer to her mom. I believe (and I could have this completely wrong) that he has two kids from his first marriage who are the older ones, and two from his second wife. I think the older kids live with him and and Meghan most of the time. Not sure if this has always been the case, or only since the ex got cancer. Apparently she is terminal. 

• Love 2

The new chick's husband seems like a real dick.

I haven't watched Real Housewives of anything in a long time, and just happened to turn this on last night during the part where Meghan as discussing Jim's knowledge of her soul, which seemed more to be Jim's sincere effort to ignore Meghan by staring at his phone and being rude. 

I'm from St. Louis, and a Cardinals fan and I did used to hear that he was not the nicest person.   It appears he married the dimmest bulb he could find in the drawer.  But she was having those $300,000 sales in her old job, so she doesn't need "all" his money. 

I loved the editing monkeys this episode with Jim & Meghan!  Beautiful. Meghan is full of herself.  Reminds me of one of those vapid ESPN blondes. "I said I'd never marry a man 11 years older, or an athlete or with kids". 11 years?  So random.  Jim is 14 years older.  She says she's much closer in age to his daughter.  Um, she's 13 years younger so much = 1 year.  No sympathy for Meghan when Jim gets caught cheating.  She's earning every penny.  She can always go back to be a medical device sales rep.  How much does she make on 300K sale?  10%?  Doubt it.

• Love 9

I haven't watched Real Housewives of anything in a long time, and just happened to turn this on last night during the part where Meghan as discussing Jim's knowledge of her soul, which seemed more to be Jim's sincere effort to ignore Meghan by staring at his phone and being rude. 

I'm from St. Louis, and a Cardinals fan and I did used to hear that he was not the nicest person.   It appears he married the dimmest bulb he could find in the drawer.  But she was having those $300,000 sales in her old job, so she doesn't need "all" his money. 

I loved the editing monkeys this episode with Jim & Meghan!  Beautiful. Meghan is full of herself.  Reminds me of one of those vapid ESPN blondes. "I said I'd never marry a man 11 years older, or an athlete or with kids". 11 years?  So random.  Jim is 14 years older.  She says she's much closer in age to his daughter.  Um, she's 13 years younger so much = 1 year.  No sympathy for Meghan when Jim gets caught cheating.  She's earning every penny.  She can always go back to be a medical device sales rep.  How much does she make on 300K sale?  10%?  Doubt it.

• Love 1
Why do Meghan and Jim even live in Orange County?  If his work in St. Louis and she is from there, what is the draw of Orange County?  Is that where his kids are located?

Yea, Meghan said something about his teenage daughter's mother being located there, and SHE wanted to move back. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't see Vicki accepting Brooks saying 'I have cancer' without some evidence. She seems like the type who'd accompany him to medical appointments and ask 20,000 questions. IDK, I think it is heinous to lie about such an awful illness, but I hesitate to call Brooks a liar. Just seems like it would be such a low thing to do.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

Lol! Would love for one of the neighbors to come over and ask to use one of the 14 bathrooms.

Would be awesome if the neighbor is:

1) Sara Winchester

2) Sharon Beador - please provide GPS device so that Sharon can find her way out when you kick her out

3) Alexis Bellini

• Love 8

I'd rather pee out a window than have 14 bathroom.  I'm still burning up about that.

I think Vicki is reality TV gold, I can't wait for the phone call (ON A LANDLINE! oh Vicki get with the program) that causes her to collapse to the floor.  But she needs new people to bounce off of, the Tamra and Brooks drama is so played out.

• Love 3
As for Shannon.....sigh....I really do not see her moving past David's affair, just judging from her personality. If the marriage is going to work, obviously David has to stop the affair, but Shannon is going to have to forgive and move forward. I can just see her holding it over David's head, which she has every right to do, but not if she wants a good marriage.

Yes exactly.  If you're saying you want to stay married, forgive cheating, and stay together, then you have to really forgive it and move on.  Shannon can't do this.  She's going to constantly be mad and want to throw it is his face, but also stay married.  Those two things don't go together.  It's like that scene in the car driving over to the retreat - she said "I hope this works. I love you." then he says "I love you" and you're like awww!  They love each other!  Then Shannon says "I hope so" and it's like CLUNK.  She lets all the air out of the balloon.

• Love 13

Wasn't it Heather who chastised Alexis for talking about posessions and now she Heather is doing the same.  Money screams, wealth whispers.  Tsk, tsk Heather.

True dat - Heather is more revolting than ever imo.

• Love 7

I think the plan was for two.new.housewives..but given what happened... only one made the cut. From.what I heard on the street, the other housewife was religious, had four kids, father in law helped her soon to.be ex husband get clean...and she and heather had issues so even though it was for the best she left, a part of me thinks it would have been fascinating to see...

I think the plan was for two.new.housewives..but given what happened... only one made the cut. From.what I heard on the street, the other housewife was religious, had four kids, father in law helped her soon to.be ex husband get clean...and she and heather had issues so even though it was for the best she left, a part of me thinks it would have been fascinating to see...

• Love 3

I could've sworn Gramballs said in her intro "Oldness comes at a cost - and I'm willing to pay!"  I had to re-watch to hear the 'B' in there.

That Edmonds guy is a total dicksplash.

I'm already sick of Shannon. What a miserable cow.

I quite like Heather, who seems to have a slight inkling of self-awareness and a sense of how pompous/ridiculous she seems, but just not enough to stop her.

Lynn Curtin!  That poor baby. He doesn't stand a chance.

The only thing I like about Brooks is his accent. In the UK we don't get to hear a Southern accent very often - on most of the American TV shows we see here the actors speak with generic accents. But I'm a sucker for a Southern accent - Dr Phil, Trace Adkins and, I regret to say, Brooks. But, unlike Vicki, I can distinguish between the way he says something (which sounds nice to me) to what he actually says, which is probably all lies.

Where's Lizzie? Any scoop?

She appears in the preview for next week's episode. Apologies for the poor picture quality - I have to watch on my laptop via illegal uploads on video hosting sites. Yes, I am that pathetic.I do the same for RHONYC, 90-Day Fiance, Married at First Sight and various other heaps of trash that they don't show on TV here - or that we don't get to see for a year after you guys. There is no hope for me.

w7bBCyE.jpg

• Love 15

She said last night that the OC is where one of his ex-wives lives, and one of the daughter's wanted to be closer to her mom. I believe (and I could have this completely wrong) that he has two kids from his first marriage who are the older ones, and two from his second wife. I think the older kids live with him and and Meghan most of the time. Not sure if this has always been the case, or only since the ex got cancer. Apparently she is terminal. 

I think she is fine recovering from cancer and this is a bone of contentions with the first Mrs. Edmonds that Meghan misrepresented a few things about her.  Jim retired from baseball playing for the Angels and I think bought or built a house in Crystal Cove - or where terry and Heather use to live.. Meghan said he has three places in the desert.

• Love 1

Shannon needs to get a grip and walk. Guys don't walk; they're lazy and want you to throw them out, so they leave the clues.

What is she clinging to? She's miserable and she's right that she's not doing her kids any favor by staying.

He's just not that into you!

imo that's the truth - he's just not into Shannon.

And Shannon's insecurity and monotone voice don't help - she's acting like a loser when she needs to kick some ass (metaphorically of course).

• Love 6

Would be awesome if the neighbor is:

1) Sara Winchester

2) Sharon Beador - please provide GPS device so that Sharon can find her way out when you kick her out

3) Alexis Bellini

Heather was yelling to the Hamiltons. 

• Love 4

I guess I dont mind Shannon putting her relationship out there. To me it makes her authentic and shes not creating pretend storylines (see: Tamra and her baby conquest last season). This is reality tv and isnt one of biggest complaints about reality tv alot of it is staged, calculated or fake drama. Sometimes life is a struggle, an obstacle or dark. I whether Shannon tell her story then someone else in the cast exposing (example: what Brandi did to Adrienne on BH).

I was sad to learn how Shannon and David are struggling, but I'm with you - better to see something real on reality TV than a made-up storyline.

• Love 4

I think Vicki is reality TV gold, I can't wait for the phone call (ON A LANDLINE! oh Vicki get with the program) that causes her to collapse to the floor.  But she needs new people to bounce off of, the Tamra and Brooks drama is so played out.

The call is actually from someone in her family letting her know that her mother has unexpectedly died.

On another note: I, too, hope that Brooks isn't lying about cancer. As someone upthread noted, Vicki seems like the type to go with him to the doctor and ask 20,000 questions. If he is lying, may he burn in hell.

Overall, I didn't like this episode and everyone seemed way past her prime. Can't believe that Lynn is a grandma but not surprised she's saddled with the kid. I used to like Heather, but she was over-the-top pretentious and disgusting showing off that stupid house. It is more of an exercise in massive excess than a home. I don't begrudge her their financial success, but way to be tacky, girl. Shannon and her husband--full of the sads. The new chick and her husband--train wreck waiting to happen. 

• Love 3

I think she is fine recovering from cancer and this is a bone of contentions with the first Mrs. Edmonds that Meghan misrepresented a few things about her.  Jim retired from baseball playing for the Angels and I think bought or built a house in Crystal Cove - or where terry and Heather use to live.. Meghan said he has three places in the desert.

Edmonds actually retired in spring training 2011 from a minor league contract with the Cardinals.  He had been with the Reds for a short time before then in '10.  Meghan should make this season pretty interesting going against Vicki.

• Love 3

I agree with you about everything, but at the end of the day, I just don't get why they would do it. While I hate all the HW's coming on and having something to hock, at least I get what they are doing and why. Those people come on these shows because they want to get something out of it. More acting roles, sell a product, remind folks they write books, etc. Some of them probably really need the money (Tamra). I just cannot understand why Shannon is here. Her bad marriage was front and center her story from the very beginning. She doesn't seem to have any business to hustle for, and if I understand David's business, he relies on government contracts, so more visibility on the show won't help him. Someone posted their net worth last year and from what I remember they have more money than they could ever spend. I struggle in trying to figure out why this bothers me, but for some reason it makes Shannon seem more of a famewhore than the rest of them because she seems to be on here for the sole purpose of being somewhat famous for a time at the expense of showing us her sad family.

My guess has always been it would give Shannon something to do. Shannon strikes me as a bit of a follower without a strong sense of self. I'm not New Age-y myself, but what bugs me about her isn't her beliefs so much as she always seems to be blindly following some new wellness or spirituality trend with the bug eyed desperation for someone to tell her how to think. She doesn't seem able to just be herself or stand on her own. Girl would be perfect for a cult. And she comes from money so I doubt she ever really had to just hunker down and learn to take care of things on her own or even do things on her own. I'd honestly in interested in if Shannon has ever worked. She strikes me as the type of poor little rich girl who has wandered through life looking for something to care about. Mother-hood, especially to young children, probably filled whatever black hole of need she has going on for a while. Now the girls are all at a stage where they don't want or need her constant attention and she's probably at loose ends again. They may have had social connections to the show and it may have seemed like "something Shannon can do for herself" i.e. A way for Shannon to get a life and ease off on the pressure for everyone at home to be paying attention to her all the time. I don't condone David's behavior at all, but I also don't think he could actually ever pay enough attention to Shannon to make her happy. She so needy. It must be exhausting to live with. For David. For kids. Hell for Shannon herself. I can't imagine getting through my day if I was such a jittery ball of neurosis that gave that much of a fuck about so very many rich people problems.

• Love 10

Lol! Would love for one of the neighbors to come over and ask to use one of the 14 bathrooms.

If Melissa Gorga was a neighbor, she would probably come knocking on the door to use the bathroom.  You know Melissa wrote about not taking a dump in front of King Joe.  Maybe it's a new thing with housewives.

• Love 3

Heh, props to the poster who suggested Chez Dubrow as a brothel -- Madam Heather will finally have that leading lady role she so covets.

Here's another possibility: maybe the Lowbrows are building the joint not as a residence but as an extension of Terry's business -- a post-operative retreat:

And Dr. Terry's commitment to your good health doesn't end in the surgical suite. Nosiree, bub, as soon as it's medically safe, you'll be taken by private car to recover in lushness and luxury at the Dubrow Healing Sanctuary. Everything you need, from our 5-star on-site chef to 24-hour private nurses, awaits, guaranteeing your finest recovery. What better way to begin your beautiful and best -- and, occasionally, lop-sided you?

Yak.

But it kind of makes sense. Fourteen baths could break down as 5 private baths for patients, 5 for the nurses and the balance for on-site staff. I don't believe that the family will ever live there for any length of time. Any of you financial minds ( I am not one!) know what kind of tax breaks the Ds would get if this house was being declared under his PS practice umbrella?

And, because I am cynical, I could see this playing out and then Heather revealing, " Oh, we ran into issues for operating a business in a residential neighborhood so we have to sell. Isn't it great that the property has tripled in value just since all this began?"

Ok, I should do some work now.

• Love 8

My guess has always been it would give Shannon something to do. Shannon strikes me as a bit of a follower without a strong sense of self. I'm not New Age-y myself, but what bugs me about her isn't her beliefs so much as she always seems to be blindly following some new wellness or spirituality trend with the bug eyed desperation for someone to tell her how to think. She doesn't seem able to just be herself or stand on her own. Girl would be perfect for a cult. And she comes from money so I doubt she ever really had to just hunker down and learn to take care of things on her own or even do things on her own. I'd honestly in interested in if Shannon has ever worked. She strikes me as the type of poor little rich girl who has wandered through life looking for something to care about. Mother-hood, especially to young children, probably filled whatever black hole of need she has going on for a while. Now the girls are all at a stage where they don't want or need her constant attention and she's probably at loose ends again. They may have had social connections to the show and it may have seemed like "something Shannon can do for herself" i.e. A way for Shannon to get a life and ease off on the pressure for everyone at home to be paying attention to her all the time. I don't condone David's behavior at all, but I also don't think he could actually ever pay enough attention to Shannon to make her happy. She so needy. It must be exhausting to live with. For David. For kids. Hell for Shannon herself. I can't imagine getting through my day if I was such a jittery ball of neurosis that gave that much of a fuck about so very many rich people problems.

We discussed this a bit last year and no one could ever find any evidence of her ever working. Ever. She didn't get married until her mid-30's, so you just  have to wonder what she was doing with herself between USC and getting married. Clearly she was rich and didn't need to work, but still she did see the virtue in getting a college education. I have always thought there is a very interesting story there and would love to know more. I am also hard on these gals that do absolutely nothing but still have a nanny. I get it if you work even a little bit - even the occasional part-time deal and need to be able to count on constant child care, or if your children are young. But if you don't have a job, admit you don't work out, say you spend very little time with your husband, but still have a live-in nanny for kids that are pre-teens? Maybe I would do it if I could (actually I would not), but cannot figure out what I would be doing with all of my time.

I honestly think that is one of their problems. David works long hours, likes to work out and keep himself busy. She is just waiting around for someone to count the lemons or tell her how the furniture needs to be arranged to positively charge the energy in her unhappy home.  They are just very different people, and I'm not sure I have ever seen a couple with less chemistry. It is clear they love each other, but they seem more like brother and sister to me than husband and wife. 

• Love 10

Yes exactly.  If you're saying you want to stay married, forgive cheating, and stay together, then you have to really forgive it and move on.  Shannon can't do this.  She's going to constantly be mad and want to throw it is his face, but also stay married.  Those two things don't go together.  It's like that scene in the car driving over to the retreat - she said "I hope this works. I love you." then he says "I love you" and you're like awww!  They love each other!  Then Shannon says "I hope so" and it's like CLUNK.  She lets all the air out of the balloon.

True - I don't blame her for thinking it, but that was not a helpful thing to say right then.
  • Love 5

We discussed this a bit last year and no one could ever find any evidence of her ever working. Ever. She didn't get married until her mid-30's, so you just have to wonder what she was doing with herself between USC and getting married. Clearly she was rich and didn't need to work, but still she did see the virtue in getting a college education. I have always thought there is a very interesting story there and would love to know more. I am also hard on these gals that do absolutely nothing but still have a nanny. I get it if you work even a little bit - even the occasional part-time deal and need to be able to count on constant child care, or if your children are young. But if you don't have a job, admit you don't work out, say you spend very little time with your husband, but still have a live-in nanny for kids that are pre-teens? Maybe I would do it if I could (actually I would not), but cannot figure out what I would be doing with all of my time.

I honestly think that is one of their problems. David works long hours, likes to work out and keep himself busy. She is just waiting around for someone to count the lemons or tell her how the furniture needs to be arranged to positively charge the energy in her unhappy home. They are just very different people, and I'm not sure I have ever seen a couple with less chemistry. It is clear they love each other, but they seem more like brother and sister to me than husband and wife.

This is confusing. With a college education, you would expect some life of the mind, reading, plays, travel. Damn, girl, learn to sew!

Do any of these women own a television?

• Love 6

The call is actually from someone in her family letting her know that her mother has unexpectedly died.

Vicki has spent 10 years acting like a histrionic nut on reality TV, so I don't feel bad laughing at a preview when the details are unknown to me.

• Love 7

First episode and I'm already bored. New season, same old shit 

Tamballs is still trying to create a storyline. Instead of having a baby, she is having her grandbaby. And getting more implants. 

Heather is still building her ridiculous McMansion. And throwing around statements like $7000 sink and port cochere. God do she and Terry have a case of affluenza. 

Shannon is still weeping over her dead marriage. 

Vicks is still doing the Brianna hates Brooks, but I love him dance. But now it's about Brooks and cancer and how it affects Vicks. 

New girl. I already hate her. She is so freaking full of herself. Also the timing of her douchey husbands divorce and remarriage sounds suspicously like they had an affair. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it looks. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Random random observation - channel surfing over the weekend and caught an episode of "Botched". Patient had a Birkin bag. Terry just had to make a point to compliment and commented that they cost $50,000, he tried to get one for his wife but is on a waiting list at Hermes. Like wife, like husband, with the bragging and namedropping. I guess I'm strange but if I ever had the kind of money these people have, I could never and would never spend $50,000. On a purse.

Momma Pat on Southern Charm was  shown on the show receiving hers and it  was over $100.000.00

Did anybody else notice while she was giving the grand tour of the McMansion, she playfully opened the window and yelled to the neighbor for a cup of sugar? Why in hell would you spend that kind of money on a home and be on top of your neighbors like that?

Actually, if you go back in history, the very rich-- whose homes would  make  the Dubrow estate look quaint,  lived  inches  of one another in the big cities that often had ballrooms.

As for the 14 bathrooms I'm kind of surprised that's all.

You figure 4 kids each have a bath, H & T would have 2 in master suite,  they may be going old school and have male & female powder rooms on first floor in/near foyer for guests  Maybe a couple of guests rooms with baths--I know the estate will have a guest cottage, so I don't know if that's included in the 14.

If you have live-in staff, that's one or more bathrooms. Plus you'd probably have a pdrm off kitchen or in mudroom area for caters, etc.

Home gym may have 2.  Pool hse/spa  may have another  couple. Depending,  the library and media rooms will each have a powderroom.

The new hse is 17,000sq ft(old was 11,000) you don't want to walk far for a pdrm or bathroom.

BTW, the Spelling Mansion was 3X's larger.

I read new hse is costing $7mil to build.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/02/rhoc-heather-terry-dubrow-build-new-mansion/

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 3

It was rough seeing some of the old-timers...Vicki's hair is much MUCH improved, but she looks not great otherwise. I thought she looked puffy as an over-fried piece of Navajo bread, the skin...why do none of them get laser magic on their skin to turn back the hand of time a bit, as they're getting their implants rotated and their Botox extra botulism-y?  I don't get it.  Lynn looked a bit rough - I mean, she is now a caregiver (????? free that baby!) to a 6 month old (!!!!! there aren't enough punctuation marks for this, right?) but she had a frigging face-lift fewer than 5 years ago, right?

Eddie didn't seem to give one good goddamn about his evil wife.  Their marriage is WEIRD, right?  It's like they're strangers on some level.  You get that vibe that they have no vibe between them.  It's not even about contempt or hatred or infidelity.  It's the patented Donn and Vicki Gunvalson snoozing sound.  That's their marriage.

Speaking of snoozing, Heather's house.  Chandeliers with back lighting and porte-cochere-car-ports and hooch-smoking (wtf?) balconies and a neighbor who could pass you an egg from her upstairs bathroom window to yours?  Interesting.  Not interesting, actually.  Her kids are very cute, but wow, I can't imagine that building such an absurd estate won't fuck them up in some ways.  It's not that the house can't be all done in exquisite finishings or well-constructed, it's just far too much.  It's an O'Henry story but I don't actually know the end yet.

I can't even believe Crooks would do it but I felt a lot of fakeitty fake fake fakeness coming off of Hallmark's Number 1 Supporter when it came to the lymphoma.  But i figure he wouldn't fake it on RHOOC, even though I figure he would fake having to have a hysterectomy if it would get him in Vicki's home and on the official Gunvalson dole.  Not that the poor bastid isn't earning every penny, because he is.  So I guess I'm :-/ about the whole thing.

Well, Shannon.  I love and ITA with islandgal about Shannon being so watchable because she really wasn't the one - you couldn't fuck with her past a certain point.  She had a backbone and mean jerks didn't see that at first.  But I'm dismayed that the counseling is happening for that reason (however predictable it was) and on-camera.  However however, maybe it's a good sign?  David did seem honest and vulnerable saying that one of his lowest points was being cheated on and losing his friends in the process as a teen.  I can't imagine many people would want to share that - but he did.  But to what purpose, I guess. 

The conversations about how we (mostly women here) can and can't start over, and at what ages - it's fascinating.  No one wants to be lonely, but the question of being alone is tough - I'm meandering.  I'm being 'stupid,' like Vicki called the experience of being single.  "You come home, there's no one to have dinner with, no one to talk to...it's stupid!!! Stupid!!"  Well, it's something.

• Love 6

Heather was yelling to the Hamiltons. 

I still want Sara Winchester to ring her bell and ask for a fondant bow tie. Then when Heather shrieks at her Sara can say

What is the world coming to?....hiccup

• Love 3

I also suspect that Shannon and David married people because they were the opposite of their parents, but then got confused when they didn't act like their parents. I remember having one "ah-ha" moment with Shannon when she was complaining about David working too much and then she listed his schedule in a TH and it was a totally normal schedule. Just an average he puts in some long day schedule. Anyway, it clicked all of a sudden and I was like "oh! Your parents never worked!" I think she grew up in a trust fund house where the adults never had anything more pressing than "get drunk and have an affair" on the agenda so vacations, long weekends, what have you, were totally doable all the time. Edward Albee levels of nightmarish dysfunction, but easy to schedule. She married David because he had responsibilities, but didn't know how to emotionally deal with that. David on the other hand likely came from a home where his mom was an actual housewife, meaning she did everything around the house while his Dad worked. His mom probably took care of the kids, did the shopping, cleaned the house, made all the meals, sewed the costumes for the school play, etc. He was probably attracted to Shannon because of her silver spoon background, but he doesn't understand the world of rich person leisure she grew up in. He always seemed confused as to why a grown woman with 3 kids and a massive house to take care of still needed to be entertained all the time. They don't get each-other at all. At this point I think they're just going through the motions of counseling because they both feel like they should. However, I agree David will never leave her. If Shannon wants out she'll have to do the walking.

• Love 9

I really hope Brooks cancer is real. Not that I want him sick, no way. But a fake cancer storyline would be even worse. Andy would truly be Satan.

Why would it be on Andy if Brooks pulled a cancer scheme during filming?

Heather's house- I guess being that close to neighbors works if your entire living experience is inside a home that big.  No way they'll know what's going on there.

Also, I'm a fan of the idea of 14 bathrooms.  I don't see how they necessarily waste water, most will be unused and there's 6 people in the house so they'll use water regardless.  But, if I had 14 I'd never have to share, and I could rotate through instead of cleaning, which is appealing because I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I guess when it comes to the flashy house in general, I kind of see it as Heather's expression of her loneliness and emptiness, not really different from Tamara's fourth boob job (and apparent baptism on-camera), Shannon's love of New Age fads, or Vicki's purchase of a lifetime companion.  In that sense it's kind of fascinating me more than annoying me, and I'm curious what she'll do after it's done.

• Love 7

So Vicki would rather 'be with stupid' than be stupid herself?  Alone would seem better than Brooks to me. Get a foreign exchange student.  Hopefully one that doesn't speak English so they don't have to listen to Vicki.

• Love 6

Momma Pat on Southern Charm was  shown on the show receiving hers and it  was over $100.000.00

Actually, if you go back in history, the very rich-- whose homes would  make  the Dubrow estate look quaint,  lived  inches  of one another in the big cities that often had ballrooms.

As for the 14 bathrooms I'm kind of surprised that's all.

You figure 4 kids each have a bath, H & T would have 2 in master suite,  they may be going old school and have male & female powder rooms on first floor in/near foyer for guests  Maybe a couple of guests rooms with baths--I know the estate will have a guest cottage, so I don't know if that's included in the 14.

If you have live-in staff, that's one or more bathrooms. Plus you'd probably have a pdrm off kitchen or in mudroom area for caters, etc.

Home gym may have 2.  Pool hse/spa  may have another  couple. Depending,  the library and media rooms will each have a powderroom.

The new hse is 17,000sq ft(old was 11,000) you don't want to walk far for a pdrm or bathroom.

BTW, the Spelling Mansion was 3X's larger.

I read new hse is costing $7mil to build.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/02/rhoc-heather-terry-dubrow-build-new-mansion/

Well they paid $4,180,000.00 for the lot and I am guessing they are probably at least 20% over budget - so all in all they are coming in at under $14 million -their lst home sold for just under $15 million.   So their property taxes will be about $25,000 - $30,000 a month.  A lot of boob jobs for the good doctor.

How many bedrooms does the new place have?

• Love 1

What happened to these show? I do not watch BRAVO Trash for deep, depressing storylines. I want to enjoy and have fun snarking on these clueless broads. The new chick was only moderately entraining because of the editing monkey's juxtaposing her waxing poetic about her soul mate while said soul mate showed himself to be a complete tool .Well done editing monkeys.

The rest of the show was bad. I really, really, really give not one fuck about Tammy's boobs or an other body part. Yawn. I always love me some Vicki, and my ex husband has been battling cancer for years, so I hate to be skeptical about such a horrid disease. But, I am and that makes me sad for Vicki.  I also really, really, really do not wan to see her collapse when her mom dies.  

Worst of all though was the entire marriage of doom segment. Wow, David cheated. Who knew? I called it last season. Shannon, honey, this bimbo was not the first and if you keep him around, mark my words, she won't be the last. However, I really don't want to watch this. The marriage is over. Move on.

Heather is an absolute pretentious bitch I actually liked her the first season. Shame on me.

I was so looking forward to OC. It was my first. I live in the OC, and one of my best friends lives in Coto. Now they are going to ruin this with all the dark, depressing storylines, just like they ruined Beverly Hills this year by trying to create a BRAVO version of Intervention. Now, I get to watch their version of Marriage Boot Camp? Ugh. I'm depressed.

• Love 9
(edited)

Shannon needs to make up her mind. Forgive David & move on or divorce him. Easier said than done, of course, but meanwhile she's wasting time. The marriage boot camp was played out on Gene Simmons Family Jewels.

Heather and her eyebrows are looking more bizarre and Who-villish.

Tamra, Eddie and her boobs are such a sad 4some

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 3
I'd rather pee out a window than have 14 bathroom.  I'm still burning up about that.

She knows closets aren't bathrooms, right?  Unless there are 10-11  people living there, no one needs 14  bathrooms. 

• Love 3

I hope Brooks has cancer.

Not a sentence I ever thought I would say about anyone, but you know what I mean.

I'm with you. Lying about cancer for a story on a trashy reality show is a bridge waaaaaaaaay too far for me.

But, if he is lying...how is that working exactly? I'm thinking Vicki would have to be in on it, right? Would it even be possible to fake chemo well enough to fool someone you're living with? I know Vicki's not so swift, but even she would catch on pretty quickly that there's no such thing as a cancer clinic/movie theatre no matter how insistent Brooks is when she drops him off. I mean, right? She says he vomits for 5 days. Nobody could fake that. She has to know one way or the other. And I know this isn't investigative journalism, but wouldn't Bravo catch on too? Maybe it's split down the middle? Like Brooks did have cancer and did go through treatment, but is exaggerating the need for more treatment for the show?

• Love 3

Well they paid $4,180,000.00 for the lot and I am guessing they are probably at least 20% over budget - so all in all they are coming in at under $14 million -their lst home sold for just under $15 million.   So their property taxes will be about $25,000 - $30,000 a month.  A lot of boob jobs for the good doctor.

Property taxes  would maybe be a wash between old and new houses?

• Love 1

I have been a devoted RHOC viewer since the first season (LOVE the first few seasons) and last night all I could think was "what a shit show this is going to be" and I didn't want to feel that way.

Even my husband who sits in the living room with me (he's heard and caught snippets of ALL thing RH said....are you kidding? from the Feng shui, to the 14 bathrooms to Vicki dictating to Brooks what he should eat....my inlaws both died of agressive cancer in 2010 and 2012) It was surreal..it felt all over the place...I felt like they just jumped right into the deep end of the pool.

Vicki looks great though.

Lynne and Raquel's baby? no surprise there. I was surprised she didn't make a cuff for baby Ava though! heh

• Love 3

She knows closets aren't bathrooms, right?  Unless there are 10-11  people living there, no one needs 14  bathrooms.

It is truly nuts to me, but probably not unusual for lots of people in their tax bracket. The home that Lisa V sold a couple of years ago was about the same size as the one Heather and Terry are building (17,000 sq. feet). Even their new one is over 8,000 and according to reports has 8 bathrooms. That's 4 bathrooms and over 4,000 sq feet per person for the Vanderpump/Todd's. By comparison the 6 Dubrow's are really crammed together. It's all crazy to me, but as long as they can afford it, I will look forward to the final product.

• Love 5
(edited)

Vicky and (holy crap, I forgot his name already). Faking cancer is weak. Me thinks that if it IS a story, which it sort of seems like it is (Vicky's question "Will your hair fall out?" seemed sort of staged, as did what's his names answer, "Chemo affects everyone differently.") BTW, people can live normal healthy lives with AIDS now thanks to medicine, where people with cancer do not always fare that well. I will say that Brooks (just thought of it) does not seem to have cancer-- or that is, does not seem to have gone through any chemo, because that takes people down. Vicky may be lying about his cancer as a way to get people to feel sorry for him and not hate on him, to make life easier for herself, and also maybe as an explanation for him living with her, because then she can tell her family she is "taking care of him." I think the cancer thing is maybe fake so people will lay off Vicki about Brooks. We will find out as the season progresses if we ever see a doctor or anything other than Vicky asking him questions, "Is your son worried about you? What did he say?"  blah blah

I found myself answering that question aloud....

"His hair has obviously already been falling out for years, Vicki, and not from chemo!"

I really dislike Brooks but I don't think he's faking the cancer diagnosis.  Of course, I've been wrong about these chucklefucks and their claims before, so I reserve the right to call him a lying despicable dog in the future if that's what he turns out to be.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Ok let's play Where Are the Bathrooms! I'm guessing 7 are en suite (5 bedrooms for the family, a bedroom for overnight help, and a dedicated guest room). Terry and Heather probably each have a home office (eye roll) so let's say each office has its own bathroom, that's 9. We'll put two company bathrooms downstairs and one upstairs, that's 11. Another bathroom outside for the pool, that's 12. Maybe the laundry room has an attached toilet and sink, making it 13. Damn it, I'm still missing one! Wait I miss counted. I am at 14! Yea for me!

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8
(edited)

OK, spent a bit of time Google-searching information about Brooks' cancer, the Stage 3 Non-Hodgkins lymphoma first diagnosed in the Fall of 2013, Almost all of it comes from your usual reality show gossip sites, but they all pretty much describe the same situation. That he claims that his chemotherapy treatments have not succeeded in bringing about any improvement or remission. That he's been on a largely liquid-based diet, which must do wonders fortifying his immune system. That he's now consulting with Shannon Beador to develop a workable holistic treatment plan to take the place of more aggressive standard cancer-fighting therapies.

Three of the RHOC cast members are leading the campaign to prove that he does not have cancer (Megan, Brianna, and Tamra), Megan recently gave an interview with Perez Hilton claiming to know for a fact that Brooks is faking it.

Vickie's response to this interview and the season preview snippets? They are "nothing short of disgusting."

Brooks' response? He simply calls them "unsubstantiated claims." That gets my attention. One might expect a man seriously ill for almost three years with Stage 3 cancer to angrily denounce such allegrations as complete and disgusting bulllshit (or something to that effect). "Unsubstantiated claims" sound far more like the words of a scammer who is confident he's properly covered any traces of really incriminating evidence of fakery.

Close to three years with a Stage 3 cancer without improvement or remission is strongly associated with metastasis to crtical organs like the kidneys, liver, lungs, and brain. If he is actually telling the truth about his medical condition, then Shannon's holistic remedies are the last thing he needs. He should instead be getting his final affairs in order.

Edited by Should Be Working
  • Love 14

So many thought on this episode!

(1) I feel so sorry for Shannon.  I'm amazed that these two are airing out all of their dirty laundry but at least it is real unlike most of the BS we see.

(2) Heather Dubrow is one harsh looking woman.  And who in the hell needs 14 bathrooms?  I don't understand wanting to live in a structure that resembles a hotel. And Terry trying to be funny with his "pot balcony" comment.  They are so irritating.

(3) Vicki.  I feel like she's using mothering Brooks through his cancer so she cements a role in her life -- so he'll be grateful to her and won't leave.  And I would love to punch her daughter.  Maybe Brooks is full of shit, but my husband has colon cancer (prognosis good though).  You'd never know he was sick at all and this is after many rounds of chemo (his chemo didn't make him lose hair or lose weight). Not everyone looks like they are about to die when going through cancer treatments.  

(4) JIm Edmonds is a fucking jerk.  I loved the contrast of Meghan talking about him as though he were Christ-like.  She already annoys me.

(5) Tamra's face is looking scary.  Also Vicki.  Those fillers are doing them no favors.

• Love 4

14 bathrooms.  hmmm.  ok, let's break it down.  5 bedrooms -  6 (2 in master).  maids room - 1 with shower/tub .  guest bath - 3 - no shower.   pool area - 1 with shower.    guest room - 1 with shower/tub.  underground garage area - 1 no shower.   gym - 1 with shower.     There ya go - 14.     

• Love 3

Grampon and EvictedCuff Lady

When Lynn rolled in with that carriage, anyone else think Rosemary's Baby? No...no...no...Do NOT lift the blanket I don't want to see.

I want to know where is she living? How is she paying rent?

Note to Grampon - do not be surprised if one day you go to your gym and find Lynn asleep under the pilates rack

• Love 5
(edited)

Looks like I’m back in for another round of crazy ladies of the OC.

Heather (paraphrasing), “We’re such good friends with the Edmonds.  I know it’s weird that I’m friends with his ex-wife and his current wife, but I am.”  Meghan Edmonds:  “We haven’t seen you since your ground-breaking.”  Heather, “Oh, has it been that long?”  Later we learn the mausoleum has been under construction for a year. 

Is anyone confused as to Jim’s last name?  Meghan said it about 47 times this episode if you need a reminder.   He’s a ballplayer, not the second coming. 

I’m pretty sure Heather’s $7,000 sink gives you a rim job if you back your ass into it.  I would say it provides hand jobs, but I don’t think it has hands unless that’s what makes the price so high. 

Is there any surgery that would curtail Tamra’s ability to screech?  I’ve heard less harsh screech owls.  Her shrieking every time she saw someone she knew at the baby shower was so OTT.  Eddie must have really good ear plugs.

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 12