Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Lil Sweet is back! 

Oh no! 

I'll have to hope if I come across one of his new commercials, it's when I'm at my parents' house; I find him annoying, but he sends my mom into fits of Someone actually thought this was a good idea?! rage whenever one of his commercials comes on, so at least that's entertaining.

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Oh no! 

I'll have to hope if I come across one of his new commercials, it's when I'm at my parents' house; I find him annoying, but he sends my mom into fits of Someone actually thought this was a good idea?! rage whenever one of his commercials comes on, so at least that's entertaining.

She can come sit by me. We can do a duet!

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I love the new KFC commercial with the Colonel describing some sandwich, I think it is, and he says "If you don't like it this way, go somewhere else." I love it, about damn time.

About time you love a commercial, or about time for the love it or leave it attitude?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Katy M said:

About time you love a commercial, or about time for the love it or leave it attitude?

It's about time somebody said what everyone who has ever worked in retail. managed a retail establishment or owned a shop has wanted to say for decades, if not centuries.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I took the wording of that ad as a direct dig at Burger King, rather than a more general statement.

Is Burger King still using "have it your way" in their advertising? I haven't seen a BK commercial in years.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I've only seen the ones with that creepy king staring at people, creepily.

I must be blocking that one out. 😄 Wiki says they started using "having it your way" in 1974 and are still using it. Damn I'm old - I remember it from the 70s.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

It's about time somebody said what everyone who has ever worked in retail. managed a retail establishment or owned a shop has wanted to say for decades, if not centuries.

Obnoxious customer: I'm never shopping here again! *Storms out*

Retail employees: *Thinking to themselves* Really? You promise? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

I know this was mentioned previously, but I hadn't seen it then.  The Geico commercial where the robot gets pissed off at all the "prove you're not a robot" stuff and the barista getting his name wrong cracks me up:

• Love 12
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

But why would we give an officebot a death ray?

I'd be making friends with that robot, then tell him who was talking about him behind his back so maybe, he'd use the death ray...

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Another favorite is for Dish, I believe.  Husband is searching all around for his glasses, which are on his head and wife, with the best facial expression says "oh, they're around here somewhere".  She cracks me up with the subtle, bemused expression and response.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Another favorite is for Dish, I believe.  Husband is searching all around for his glasses, which are on his head and wife, with the best facial expression says "oh, they're around here somewhere".  She cracks me up with the subtle, bemused expression and response.

I dislike that commercial. Way to not be a supportive partner.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

I'm not fond of the commercial, but I do like the cat's expression while it's watching the guy searching.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I'm not fond of the commercial, but I do like the cat's expression while it's watching the guy searching.

Yes, I love the cat!  I like the wife's face, too*, but the cat looking up at the glasses is the best.

*The scenario makes me think of Seth Meyers's "As long as I can make her/him do this, I will never be bored in this marriage" bit from Lobby Baby about how he turns something the wrong way in the closet so he can entertain himself watching his wife try and figure out what's off, and she lets him believe there's yogurt in the refrigerator so she can watch him try to find it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I dislike that commercial. Way to not be a supportive partner.

My wife would probably say I'm very supportive when it's needed but I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if she couldn't find her glasses & they were on top of her head, she would immediately find them just from my laughing. She would see the funny side as well once she found them and she would be the same if the reverse was true, I know this because we've both done it.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

My wife would probably say I'm very supportive when it's needed but I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if she couldn't find her glasses & they were on top of her head, she would immediately find them just from my laughing. She would see the funny side as well once she found them and she would be the same if the reverse was true, I know this because we've both done it.

Oh, I'd probably make a smart-ass remark, but I sure wouldn't let him go off and let him keep looking for his glasses.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Oh, I'd probably make a smart-ass remark, but I sure wouldn't let him go off and let him keep looking for his glasses.

They're just lounging around, so it's not going to make him late for anything; I would totally wait and see how long it took him to realize they were on top of his head.  Well, for as long as I could hold out, anyway - in that commercial's scenario, if he came back in from checking the car and stood there with glasses on his head saying, "I still can't find them!" I'd crack up and give it away.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

I think the person's level of frustration at needing to hunt for the glasses, and the amount of time they've already spent looking for them, is a factor in how "wrong" it is for their partner not to point out where they are. If I recall, I don't think the guy in the commercial seem frustrated.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I think the new Alexa commercial with ScarJo and hubby CoJo is quite funny. 

Maybe I'm old or just don't keep up with pop culture figures, but who is ScarJo and CoJo?  And is it me, or is the abbreviated combo of first and last names a little too.....JLo ago?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ctlady said:

Maybe I'm old or just don't keep up with pop culture figures, but who is ScarJo and CoJo?  And is it me, or is the abbreviated combo of first and last names a little too.....JLo ago?

ScarJo is Scarlett Johansson.  No idea on the other one.

• Love 2