Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Reelz has a new true crime documentary called "How to Survive a Murder" that's awesome and enraging.   The filmmaker's mother-in-law was stabbed to death by this punk who broke into her apartment.   Researching his background, they find a history of disturbing and violent attacks which were all given a slap on the wrist.  He stabbed one stranger in the chest and got probation. 

They showed parts 1 & 2 tonight, with parts 3 & 4 next Friday. 

https://www.reelz.com/how-to-survive-a-murder/

• Love 6
22 hours ago, geekgirl921 said:

My main pet peeve is when they slap a new name on a show and claim it ass "name".

I forget her name--Brenda something but that beast is James Pavatt. Both are on death row.  Snapped has done an episode and I think there is a Forensic Files episode.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 4
On 1/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, walnutqueen said:

This one really got to me, too.  That poor young man has been damaged beyond belief; I do hope he has the help and support he so obviously needs.

I think he's right to fear reprisal from that evil woman when she gets out of jail.

He said he was worried for his son and that he thinks she has a revenge plot. My heart hurt for him so bad.  I too hope he has support and help  

I wondered about Judith’s daughter.  After hearing Corey’s closet story, I fear she’s just like the mother

• Love 4

I was so mad watching Evil Lives Here last night. The dad did nothing to help his son who was behaving strangely from a young age. He left it up to God and his son committed murder as a result. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I was so mad watching Evil Lives Here last night. The dad did nothing to help his son who was behaving strangely from a young age. He left it up to God and his son committed murder as a result. 

Oh and let’s not forget all the trained psychologists in that podunk town who told the dad nothing was wrong with his son & he’d grow out of it.

• Love 1

Two ID shows to comment on:

The Night That Didn't End - So much to be confused about.  While I definitely felt bad for Noel's family, I could not begin to understand their absolute and total lack of pursuing the 'John Doe' body that had been found basically right after Noel went missing.  The police had set up a tip line about having found a burned John Doe and the mom suspected it might be Noel, so she called.  The tip operator asked for a description of her son and she said he was 6'3" or 6'4", and the tip operator said this guy was 6'1" so it couldn't be him.  And that was that.  No one from his family EVER asked any more questions, even though the body had a partial tattoo and the burned remains of a gold watch, and DNA!!!! 

Also, apparently the police never did a missing person investigation, and I guess the family didn't push for that either.  It wasn't until three years later when a John Doe database listed the case and someone else thought it might be Noel and called the police department, that the police started interviewing the people who had last seen him.  No mention was made by the family, as it often is on these shows, about having been frustrated over the years with the lack of action by the police.  I just don't get it, especially since it sounds like the family really loved him.

People Magazine Investigates - Did the episode simply end with the case being unsolved or did I miss something?  Also, it was so frustrating to hear that the husband had an affair, and then "they" decided to have an open marriage...so then the narrator said that the marriage improved for a few years after that because the husband was happy.  Of course he was...he got to boink anyone he wanted to!!  And the wife just wanted him to be happy.  Barf.(Although it still doesn't mean she deserved to die).

Also, several times, the detective said that he hadn't been convinced one way or the other whether the victim (wife) was missing voluntarily or something bad had happened.  So I guess it's normal for middle-aged women to abandon their car, and leave behind their purse, money, and credit cards?  Yeah, I can see how that would be a plausible start for a great new life!

Edited by LuvMyShows
added about the detective's indecision
  • Love 6

I found this story on the Oxygen channel site, so, I suppose it will be featured. And, I hope so.  It's quite a mystery.  This story happened in Ft. Lauderdale, when I was recently traveling through there.  A woman on business trip for some reason left her hotel and was found deceased in a lake near her hotel!  Really shocking. Her father says she sleep walked, but, her husband said she didn't.  Hmm......

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/kelly-glover-found-dead-in-lake-behind-florida-westin-hotel

• Love 4

Well, that certainly was a surprise ending!  I don't want spoil anything, but if that was the conclusion he came to - I'm speechless.  I wanted to scream "It's not about YOU!"      Still better than your average true crime doc, imo. 

eta:  DVRing the shows is def the way to go, especially since the Aaron Hernandez previews started.  The urge to shoot my TV has subsided.

Edited by Razzberry
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Razzberry said:

Well, that certainly was a surprise ending!  I don't want spoil anything, but if that was the conclusion he came to - I'm speechless.  I wanted to scream "It's not about YOU!"                  Still better than your average true crime doc, imo. 

That was my reaction, too (except I think I was screaming obscenities at my TeeVee).  The whole series left a bad taste in my mouth, to be honest.

• Love 2

Season 2 of Hometown Homicide on ID has started, and the first episode was a puzzler in some respects.  I believe I've seen the crime before on another franchise and don't remember all these weird disconnects.  It's the kidnapping of Doe Roberts, the 60-year old wife of Sam Roberts.  A kidnapper calls Sam but doesn't give him any info about ransom, plus the kidnapper apparently had a weird "foreign" accent, and some other odd things combined to make the authorities think that Sam was the kidnapper.  As  best as i can tell, they then did not do one single thing more to find the killer and were basically the Keystone Cops of incompetence.

Then the kidnapper started calling friends and family of the Roberts.  I know they mentioned the FBI being brought into this, but not one time did the show mention any efforts to simply look at those phone records to see who was calling, or even to have looked at the Roberts' phone records earlier when the first ransom calls were coming in, or to put a trace on the line in case future calls came in.  Nor did it mention the obvious conclusion that either Doe was alive and the kidnappers forced her to give them the names of close family and friends, or the kidnapper actually was a close family or friend (not just Sam Roberts as a suspect) who knew all those people that got the calls.  (Yes it was a small town where a lot of people would have known each other, but still I think that's a fair avenue for the authorities to have pursued.)  Finally the kidnapper called a reporter at the TV station, who was able to record the call.  Now, I'm from the south like these people are, but I have the common sense and reasonable ear to tell that it was no "foreign" accent, but instead it was the unmistakable sound of a very southern man trying not to sound like they are.  The show mentioned no effort to analyze the recording to see if it sounded like anyone in town.

And the kidnapper was mailing notes to Sam Roberts.  The show used the word "mailing" but apparently the kidnapper was just dropping the notes in the Roberts' mailbox.  So the FBI (pretty sure they said FBI, and not just local LEOs) set up something high in the trees across from the Roberts' house to capture on video the person dropping off the notes in the mailbox.  But then the show said that several times when they expected to see video of the person, there were technical malfunctions with the video.  WTAF! This means that the dummies weren't actually having live surveillance so they could just see and nab the guy, even AFTER the video failed at least once! 

I was absolutely floored at the apparent complete lack of detective work on this case....or else the show left out A LOT of details.  (Spoiler...the kidnapper/murderer was a local guy and close friend who had been very involved in searching, making pleas on the family's behalf, etc.)

• Love 7

I too am appalled at times at the "detective" work on some of these cases, and then also impressed by the detective work that brings justice years later. The ease that many just accept that a woman with kids "ran off with some random guy" is infuriating.  Also infuriating, a woman who has five dead husbands, and no questions asked. Really?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, nokat said:

The ease that many just accept that a woman with kids "ran off with some random guy" is infuriating.  

So that makes me wonder, IRL, how many women with children have actually run off to live a new life and not said goodbye, not told ANYONE, and especially not taken their ID or credit cards.  What actual factual occurrences are these detectives basing their lame-ass hunches on?

• Love 12

HLN showed the Stacey Castor Forensic Files episode earlier today(now with an onscreen update of her death), and now ID has the two-part 20/20 episode.  I forgot Nancy Grace is interviewed.  I. Cannot. Stand. Her. 😠

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, nokat said:

I too am appalled at times at the "detective" work on some of these cases, and then also impressed by the detective work that brings justice years later. The ease that many just accept that a woman with kids "ran off with some random guy" is infuriating.  Also infuriating, a woman who has five dead husbands, and no questions asked. Really?

Or men who have had three or four wives all die in accidents or other mysterious ways. I get cases going cold because they ran out of leads or something but so many go cold because the Detectives didn't bother to actually work the case.

4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

So that makes me wonder, IRL, how many women with children have actually run off to live a new life and not said goodbye, not told ANYONE, and especially not taken their ID or credit cards.  What actual factual occurrences are these detectives basing their lame-ass hunches on?

I'd love to know the numbers on that one. I can't think of a single case I've see on the news or various ID Discovery and other shows of that being the case. 

• Love 6
On 1/15/2020 at 10:49 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I found this story on the Oxygen channel site, so, I suppose it will be featured. And, I hope so.  It's quite a mystery.  This story happened in Ft. Lauderdale, when I was recently traveling through there.  A woman on business trip for some reason left her hotel and was found deceased in a lake near her hotel!  Really shocking. Her father says she sleep walked, but, her husband said she didn't.  Hmm......

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/kelly-glover-found-dead-in-lake-behind-florida-westin-hotel

I could've sworn when she was first reported missing they said they had footage of her inside the hotel but none of her leaving.

And ugh, I watched American Monster about Arthur Burney, which has already been covered on Murder Calls, Fatal Vows, and of course Snapped. I wish ID would get stop reusing cases all the time.

• Love 3

Lonely women/single Moms:  for the love of God, once and for all, he doesn't really work for the FBI!!!

Evil Lives Here was a hard one.  Scott Kimball murdered Lori McLeod's daughter and she sooooo blamed herself.  It's hard to see someone bear the brunt of that pain, even more so as she was fighting terminal cancer.  But the signs were flashing in neon in front of her face and she chose to repeatedly ignore them and accept the all encompassing "he works for the FBI" excuse.  You can say this is what happens when a woman puts having a man in front of their own child, but her grief and guilt were so palpable it was hard to watch.    

• Love 6

Speaking of Evil Lives Here, their "new episode" last night was another recycle from several other shows.  They need to change the name to Stupid and Evil People live here.   If he tries to strangle you in front of your kids and later you find a ski mask hidden in his car, GET OUT, he's bad news.

evilliveshere1.jpg.555ba2fd31f64beb8e6a6736468b5fab.jpg

And yes, the Aaron Hernandez promos are starting to feel like torture.

• Love 7

In the most recent Dateline episode, The Black Candle Confession, I don't think that if I were a juror, I would have convicted, even after the second trial when that other guy came forward about the bloody clothes in the bag.  Since that guy never mentioned those bloody clothes when he was first interviewed by the police years earlier, and he didn't give a reason for not coming forward with it (like the witness girl and her mom did about why they didn't), I just don't think I can get past reasonable doubt about the girl's story.  I think that I actually believe her, but I can't convict of murder with reasonable doubt lingering. 

One thing I did think was ridiculous was that the murderer's grown daughter, when asked about her mom, said she's not a violent or angry person.  Yet the mom herself talked about how angry she had been at Cory (or whatever the victim's name was) on the night of the murder and also used the term 'angry sex' to describe what they did.  EVERYONE gets angry at some point, and while you don't have to think your mom was capable of murder, for the murderer's daughter to act like mom doesn't get angry is more of that 'blinders on' behavior we have seen many times.

• Love 7

i'm sick of Hernandez too.  I do wonder if he was a huge evil sociopath or if he got that way due to brain trauma. I don't underestimate the brain damage football players sustain.  Not excusing him at all, but, there does seem to be a connection. There is a documentary about it.  Really scary stuff. I suppose we'll never know.

Another dialogue that gets me is when the person says, We talked every day, sometimes twice a day, but, I couldn't reach her by phone. So, after 3 days, I went by her house and she didn't come to the door, so, on the 7th day, I finally called the police.  Are you kidding me?  Things like this really frustrate me. The woman's body left lying in the floor with the killer long gone OR the person abducted and missing and no one bothering to investigate for DAYS, even though, they normally speak on the phone every day?  I don't get it. 

• Love 10
On 1/19/2020 at 8:38 AM, smittykins said:

HLN showed the Stacey Castor Forensic Files episode earlier today(now with an onscreen update of her death), and now ID has the two-part 20/20 episode.  I forgot Nancy Grace is interviewed.  I. Cannot. Stand. Her. 😠

She’s annoying and so is her mother. I can’t stand either of them. Anytime her case comes on (and it is on a LOT of different shows), I always wonder about the daughters and hope they have happy fulfilling lives now. 

On 1/20/2020 at 2:18 PM, smittykins said:

I had to change the channel from ID becaus I'm sick and tired of seeing Aaron Hernandez's ugly mug every commercial break. 

See, I think he’s adorable (those dimples!) but then I feel bad about it b/c of all the murder. 

I think CTE contributed to him killing himself for sure. The murders, I go back and forth on. CTE can limit your impulse control but Odin’s murder seemed pretty planned out, even though there were some dumb mistakes. 

The AH Netflix doc was pretty good, although the only thing new I learned is that he liked the Harry Potter books.  

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Anyone know what Stacy Castor died from? Something painful,I hope.

Wikipedia says heart attack at age 48. I say good—no appeals and no longer on the taxpayers dime. 

• Love 5

Good grief, more detective incompetence on the recent Paula Zahn episode.  A husband and wife come home from dinner, she walks in to the house several minutes before him, and when he walks in, he finds her dead.  He was finishing listening to a song in the car, which is why he didn't hear the gunshot that killed her.  So he instinctively grabbed his nearby gun in his home office, saw a masked man, and shot him.  Only one detective had any suspicions at all, and all the other detectives were ready to close the case without doing any further investigation.  Even after he laid out all of the reasons why he was suspicious, the other detectives still weren't convinced.  Turns out, surprise surprise, the husband had likely killed at least two of his previous wives.  Thank goodness there was one detective that wasn't just phoning it in.

• Love 8

Oh, god, yeah, that "Paula Zahn" episode was crazy. Six wives, and at least half of them were dead under mysterious circumstances. And he got freaking acquitted on the...fourth one's death, wasn't it? I felt for that poor woman's mom, when she was talking about how he'd kill again. 

But yeah, his story sounded pretty fishy from the start. Seeing a stranger in the hall and yet he still has time to go get his gun? The guy doesn't automatically try and take him out the way he did his wife, or fight him, or something? And then that video where he was describing the shooting-that would've been a huge tipoff, too, especially with the way he was all, "BOOM! BOOM BOOM!". You could tell he was clearly trying to make himself out to be this big, tough, badass, and he was way more descriptive of the events of that night than I think many in that situation would be. Like, I think a lot of people, if they were doing a recreation of a traumatic event like that and explaining it to the detectives, would probably be more like, "It all happened so fast, I just remember chasing them one minute and then the next, they were on the ground" or something to that effect. 

Either that, or they might be too emotional to even speak about it at all, or if they were able to remain composed enough to give a detailed account, they wouldn't try and dramatize it so much, the way this guy did. 

But yeah, thank goodness he was eventually nabbed. Shame it had to take multiple wives dying in order for him to finally wind up in jail. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Annber03 said:

But yeah, his story sounded pretty fishy from the start. 

Plus there was one more thing.  The husband said it was a masked man, and when the mask slipped off (or something) he recognized the  man as a handyman who worked for him and knew that the couple would be out that evening and decided to rob them...there was even talk that if the couple had come back home a few moments later, none of this would have happened because the man would have finished robbing the house (of course, that was before everyone knew the whole thing was a set-up by the husband).  However, if the handyman really had come to rob the house when he knew the couple would be out, then why on earth would he wear a mask?  A mask just makes it that much harder to see what you're doing, and there would be no reason for a mask if you don't expect anyone to be there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/16/2019 at 11:44 AM, Razzberry said:

I know, that's one of the things I love about his show.  I get so tired of the same cases being rebranded by the different shows.

I want to get in touch with Holes or his production company about the murders of several young girls in Sonoma County in the '70's that was never solved.  I used to live there.  They were all 'tweens or very young looking, found stripped naked with one earring missing, and dumped into steep embankments off the backroads.  It took the cops forever just to realize they may be connected, duh!  But they were in over their heads.  Some suggest the wine tourist industry wanted to keep it hush-hush.   The book about the case by Gray George is riveting and kept me up nights.  

LostCoastHwy.jpg.c232df3f9b2fd51b3df60499e996f2f1.jpg

@Razzberry thanks so much for the reading recommendation! I have been reading it on my Kindle (definitely cheaper that the physical copy). It has had me engaged since the first sentence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Jesus, tonight's "Dead of Winter" episode. One of the saddest stories I've heard in some time. That poor, poor mother. Her story about how she spent her Christmas...

There's a place in hell awaiting that sorry excuse for a stepfather. Good god. 

• Love 5

I've seen this several times now: woman dates man, man beats and threatens woman and otherwise makes her life hell, woman dumps man, man comes back with a marriage proposal, and woman thinks 'Oh, married! That's a wonderful idea!' and marries the violent rageaholic she broke up with. Why? Why? What makes these women think marriage to a violent control freak is going to be so much better than dating him or living with him? 

It especially galls me the number of women who have children who drag them into these relationships with foreknowledge that the guy is violent/sexual predator/controlling/etc. Is it so important to have a guy in your life (or the excuse that the kids need a 'dad') that they are willing to accept the most unacceptable people as mates? This just seems insane to me.

Along these lines on other shows women start dating someone, that someone is violent or controlling or otherwise makes them miserable and even though its only been a short while they feel somehow that they are in a 'relationship' and have to stick with this person. The whole point of dating etc is to get to know someone and find out if you are happy with them. It's not a medieval betrothal commitment that you have to honor and sludge through until death. If a relationship makes you miserable, break up with the person. There's no holy dating commitment that you need to be afraid to break. This drives me nuts.  And again, kids first, boyfriend can take a seat if they are not up to snuff.  Sometimes I am amazed and ashamed of my gender.

• Love 13
On 1/20/2020 at 11:34 AM, Kiki620 said:

Lonely women/single Moms:  for the love of God, once and for all, he doesn't really work for the FBI!!!

...or the CIA.

And I see the worst See No Evil.  Woman is being followed in car, calls grandmother, who was expecting her, to get help.
Grandma gets in car to find her.
Why in hell did neither victim or grandma call 911?
I erased at this point.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 7
On 1/24/2020 at 11:01 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I've seen this several times now: woman dates man, man beats and threatens woman and otherwise makes her life hell, woman dumps man, man comes back with a marriage proposal, and woman thinks 'Oh, married! That's a wonderful idea!' and marries the violent rageaholic she broke up with. Why? Why? What makes these women think marriage to a violent control freak is going to be so much better than dating him or living with him? 

It especially galls me the number of women who have children who drag them into these relationships with foreknowledge that the guy is violent/sexual predator/controlling/etc. Is it so important to have a guy in your life (or the excuse that the kids need a 'dad') that they are willing to accept the most unacceptable people as mates? This just seems insane to me.

Along these lines on other shows women start dating someone, that someone is violent or controlling or otherwise makes them miserable and even though its only been a short while they feel somehow that they are in a 'relationship' and have to stick with this person. The whole point of dating etc is to get to know someone and find out if you are happy with them. It's not a medieval betrothal commitment that you have to honor and sludge through until death. If a relationship makes you miserable, break up with the person. There's no holy dating commitment that you need to be afraid to break. This drives me nuts.  And again, kids first, boyfriend can take a seat if they are not up to snuff.  Sometimes I am amazed and ashamed of my gender.

And then when the violent new husband murders her child she is appalled.  For me, don't act shocked when the wolf you invited into the home attacks. I have no patience for grown women who hook up with felons and rage-aholics.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Razzberry said:

And then there's the killer groupies, who write to these guys in prison and work to get them released.  There's even a name for it,  hybristophilia.   Almost always women.🙉

And some of these women have children at home that they are inviting these men into their lives too, and refer to them as their 'dads'.  I mean, if your father of your children turns out to be a violent murdering felon that's a problem but I sympathize. But if you go out of your way to find a violent murdering felon to be a daddy to your kids then you need to be checked. That's appallingly poor judgment. I saw a Lockup where a woman moved her fifteen year old son from the city to a tiny southern town where he was miserable and knew no one and had nothing to do so she could be near a lifer who was an unrepentant murderer who had several women on the hook like this just to keep company and get money on his commissary. They always spend every spare dime on the felons and not on their kids. I want to reach through the TV and kick their ass (the women) for being such selfish assholes.  Deprive yourself and put yourself in danger but don't drag your kids into it with you.  

At least the women on the shows say they were charmed and didn't know the guy was a controlling violent freak when they first got involved. That they ignored it later when it was apparent pisses me off but at least they didn't go out and purposely find one to throw their kids lives away to.

• Love 10

Another of the "what were they thinking".  I don't remember which show I saw the start of, but a troubled single mom gets what seems like a great break when she is accepted into a program to give women like her a second chance, which I guess is going to be out of town.  So the man who runs the program comes to pick her and her child up at the shelter and they then spend the night at a local hotel.  That night the woman calls her mom frantically saying that "they" are telling her that her mom is trying to take her child away and say she's unfit, which the mom says is not true.  The woman also says "they" made her sign four blank pieces of paper.  Then she quickly and fearfully says "They're coming back" and hangs up.

So THE NEXT DAY the mom goes to that hotel, but surprise surprise the man has left, with the woman and her child.  WTAF...why on earth after getting such an upsetting call, would you wait until the next day?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Another of the "what were they thinking".  I don't remember which show I saw the start of, but a troubled single mom gets what seems like a great break when she is accepted into a program to give women like her a second chance, which I guess is going to be out of town.  So the man who runs the program comes to pick her and her child up at the shelter and they then spend the night at a local hotel.  That night the woman calls her mom frantically saying that "they" are telling her that her mom is trying to take her child away and say she's unfit, which the mom says is not true.  The woman also says "they" made her sign four blank pieces of paper.  Then she quickly and fearfully says "They're coming back" and hangs up.

So THE NEXT DAY the mom goes to that hotel, but surprise surprise the man has left, with the woman and her child.  WTAF...why on earth after getting such an upsetting call, would you wait until the next day?

I keep seeing shows in which this sort of thing happens over and over. People who swear their daughter or whatever keeps in touch every day don't check on her for one, two or three days. I just don't get it.

Then there are the police who ignore really alarming events as well. Or, when the person is found, come up with some ridiculous theory. Like the woman who was stabbed in the eye, the face and elsewhere, and had defensive wounds on her palms. The same genius who doubted anything had happened and did a crap job of investigating said she committed suicide. So disheartening.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, renatae said:

Or, when the person is found, come up with some ridiculous theory. Like the woman who was stabbed in the eye, the face and elsewhere, and had defensive wounds on her palms. The same genius who doubted anything had happened and did a crap job of investigating said she committed suicide.

Uh, wow, that'd be quite the elaborate suicide, then. 

Seriously, yeah, it's scary to think people like this are actually in charge of investigating anything. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, renatae said:

I keep seeing shows in which this sort of thing happens over and over. People who swear their daughter or whatever keeps in touch every day don't check on her for one, two or three days. I just don't get it.

I don't either. You haven't heard from your daughter all day which is very unusual so you don't try and call her? You don't go over to her house that day or even the very next day to make sure everything is okay? 

Then there are the police who ignore really alarming events as well. Or, when the person is found, come up with some ridiculous theory. Like the woman who was stabbed in the eye, the face and elsewhere, and had defensive wounds on her palms. The same genius who doubted anything had happened and did a crap job of investigating said she committed suicide. So disheartening.

Sure that makes complete sense. People totally commit suicides by stabbing themselves in the eye all the time. How did the genius detective explain the defensive wounds? The eye fought back? It amazes me how many of these idiots cops go on a TV show basically admitting how dumb they are and/or not bothering to do their jobs and no one thinks maybe these morons should be fired. How do they keep their jobs? 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

This was on a few shows, including 20/20.  Lisa Stasi was a victim of John Edward Robinson.  He gave her baby daughter to his brother.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't either. You haven't heard from your daughter all day which is very unusual so you don't try and call her? You don't go over to her house that day or even the very next day to make sure everything is okay? 

Sure that makes complete sense. People totally commit suicides by stabbing themselves in the eye all the time. How did the genius detective explain the defensive wounds? The eye fought back? It amazes me how many of these idiots cops go on a TV show basically admitting how dumb they are and/or not bothering to do their jobs and no one thinks maybe these morons should be fired. How do they keep their jobs? 

The detective didn't actually show up. They had photos of the detectives and the family members told the story and referenced him as both the detective who initially refused to investigate and when she was found, initially said it was a suicide. The coroner later stated the palm wounds were defensive. The detective was not only a maroon, but reprehensible. 🤬

• Love 5
On 1/14/2020 at 8:56 AM, Supagirl said:

Oh and let’s not forget all the trained psychologists in that podunk town who told the dad nothing was wrong with his son & he’d grow out of it.

I think this was the biggest problem, not the dad. My heart went out to the dad. He was so obviously concerned and heartbroken. He tried to teach the son right from wrong. He definitely showed him love. He tried to discipline his son and said the son was impervious to any disciplinary measures. When the son wound up trouble with the law, those consequences never changed him, either. Here is a guy, who when asked how he felt about his death sentence, shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm fine with it."

The dad also took his son to several psychiatrists who all declared him to be normal. I honestly can't think of anything else he could have done. Prayer isn't ineffectual, and was probably the best he could have done, especially under the circumstances. He was present in his son's life and always tried to intervene. Not much more a parent can do than love, discipline, take responsibility and pray.The son was a diagnosed (as an adult) psychopath.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 9

Yeah, the dad was one of the few people on that show I couldn't find fault with.  He was horrified by his son.  I'm not sure I could love a psychopathic child or other family member  unconditionally. 

Kenda's last show tonight.  Maybe he'll finally reveal what happened to his nose.

• Love 7