Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

OMG, that's terrible!  And, I thought that I had it rough.  My biggest issue always seems to be neighbors incessant barking dog.  EVERY place the same....city, country, etc.  barking dogs.  lol  I guess it beats those who are thieves, dangerous, etc. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG, that's terrible!  And, I thought that I had it rough.  My biggest issue always seems to be neighbors incessant barking dog.  EVERY place the same....city, country, etc.  barking dogs.  lol  I guess it beats those who are thieves, dangerous, etc. 

The worst was the landlord himself.  When we moved in, he was in the process of building a house.  He moved in shortly after, and got married to a woman who had 2 girls from a prior marriage.  They had a baby.  Then he got weird, and sent a notice telling us that we needed to send rent to his parents address.  We moved out not long afterward, and it was in the paper that he was arrested for molestation.  I honestly didn't believe it at first - he was a jackass but I didn't get that vibe from him.  A friend called us when they recieved my address change info I mailed (this was 1998), and I mentioned the landlord got busted in passing, and he said that when he came to visit us once, he walked in to the garage to get a bag of corn we kept in there to feed the ducks on the riverbank.  The landlord was in there with one of his stepdaughters, and he got angry and asked our friend who he was and why he was in there.  He said he apologized and brushed it off as the landlord just not knowing him, but he now wondered, and so did I.  I followed the news stories, and the charges were eventually dropped because the mother didn't want the child to have to go through a trial.  I still wonder sometimes.

Edited by funky-rat

My first apartment building(a former hospital)was well-run when I first moved in in 1991, but after the manager quit(the owner lived in New Jersey), it gradually deteriorated.  At one point, I had a drug dealer as one next-door neighbor, an alcoholic as the other, rumors of sex offenders, and a meth lab down the hall.  It was condemned in late 2014, and although it was sold to new owners and physically fixed up, I’ve heard that the clientele is still rather sketchy.

• Love 2

If you’d like more detail on the South Hill Rapist, Fred “Kevin” Coe, you might like to read “Son” by Jack Olsen. Freaky family dynamic (surprise!) as well as more  detail about the life Coe was living. 

I remember some years back, Coe was out of prison for some reason or other. It was proposed he live in Edmonds, WAshington, which is just down the road from me. I remember the sheer terror at the idea. I forget now why it didn’t some to pass but I’m sure the community outcry had some effect. Glad to know he’ll die on McNeill Island. 

• Love 5

Has there been a Fear Thy Neighbor before where nobody died?

Why was the birth certificate of the daughter the wife gave up for adoption kept in her husband's wallet? Seems like you would keep something like that in a box or a safe in the closet.

The girlfriend looked like she was on something. She reminded me of the addicts on Intervention nodding off during their talking heads.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

I want to say there's been a couple others where that happened, too, at least. Kind of a nice change of pace. 

Why was the birth certificate of the daughter the wife gave up for adoption kept in her husband's wallet? Seems like you would keep something like that in a box or a safe in the closet.

My mom and I were wondering about that, too. 

I was also getting a real kick out of the guy with the tattoos on his neck and whatnot. "They kept assuming I was the one who started those fires in the neighborhood, but I didn't do it!" 

Cue him later pouring gasoline in that woman's house and...setting it on fire*. I was sympathetic at first when his stuff got stolen, but then he thinks the best response to that is to steal their stuff in turn and help encourage a mob to attack their house and set it on fire and...nope. Sympathy all gone. 

And he's all upset about being shot and getting probation...buddy, you went over with a mob and attacked them and set their house on fire. And you did this knowing full well they owned a weapon. How the hell did you think they would respond, you idiot? Probation is a relatively light sentence, all things considered, so he should thank his lucky stars he's not suffering a worse fate. 

*It's creepy that they never really figured out who was setting all those fires in the area. Everyone assumed it was that guy, and, like stated above, he kind of gave them plenty of valid reason to be suspicious, but I also wonder if it wasn't that lady's kids, too. They stole a guy's stuff, after all, and then one of the kids was hitting that one lady with a cinder block while his mom was attacking her (sure, he may be trying to protect his mom, but a cinder block? Really?). Honestly, there were so many people in this episode who were willing to commit some kind of criminal behavior, so I wouldn't put it past any of them to be the neighborhood arsonist. 

Also, I said it before, but I really think something needs to be in place to stop cops having to be called out to an area numerous times because neighbors can't grow up and get along, because that's just beyond ridiculous. If they're getting called out three, four, five times, at some point they should be able to slap some kind of serious punishment on these people for wasting their time and resources like this. 

• Love 8

Did anyone watch a Friday night (or maybe it was Thursday night?) show on ID, about a 15-year old runaway who moved into a boarding house and was later brutally murdered?  I was only half paying attention but it was enough to 1) be horrified and 2) be deeply disturbed about the story of how this girl became a runaway.  She was presented as a churchgoer who (according to the mother) ran away because she got picked on at school for being too pretty.  That does not seem likely to me.  The poor girl was taken advantage of by every single person in her life.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I want to say there's been a couple others where that happened, too, at least. Kind of a nice change of pace. 

My mom and I were wondering about that, too. 

I was also getting a real kick out of the guy with the tattoos on his neck and whatnot. "They kept assuming I was the one who started those fires in the neighborhood, but I didn't do it!" 

Cue him later pouring gasoline in that woman's house and...setting it on fire*. I was sympathetic at first when his stuff got stolen, but then he thinks the best response to that is to steal their stuff in turn and help encourage a mob to attack their house and set it on fire and...nope. Sympathy all gone. 

And he's all upset about being shot and getting probation...buddy, you went over with a mob and attacked them and set their house on fire. And you did this knowing full well they owned a weapon. How the hell did you think they would respond, you idiot? Probation is a relatively light sentence, all things considered, so he should thank his lucky stars he's not suffering a worse fate. 

*It's creepy that they never really figured out who was setting all those fires in the area. Everyone assumed it was that guy, and, like stated above, he kind of gave them plenty of valid reason to be suspicious, but I also wonder if it wasn't that lady's kids, too. They stole a guy's stuff, after all, and then one of the kids was hitting that one lady with a cinder block while his mom was attacking her (sure, he may be trying to protect his mom, but a cinder block? Really?). Honestly, there were so many people in this episode who were willing to commit some kind of criminal behavior, so I wouldn't put it past any of them to be the neighborhood arsonist. 

Also, I said it before, but I really think something needs to be in place to stop cops having to be called out to an area numerous times because neighbors can't grow up and get along, because that's just beyond ridiculous. If they're getting called out three, four, five times, at some point they should be able to slap some kind of serious punishment on these people for wasting their time and resources like this. 

Oy, that episode!!!

What a fustercluck of trashy shenanigans going on in that neighborhood.  All parties were terrible in their own way.  

In the end when AJ was whining about no charges being brought against Patrick, even though he shot AJ 5 times?

I yelled at the TV, "You deserved to be shot, asshole.  I'd have emptied the entire chamber into your ass."  

And of course AJ had no idea who blew up the house in the end....yeah, right.  🙄  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oy, that episode!!!

What a fustercluck of trashy shenanigans going on in that neighborhood.  All parties were terrible in their own way.  

I can see why, at the beginning of the episode, some of them were like, "Yeah, we don't need to get the cops involved. We solve our problems by ourselves here." It's amazing, and disturbing, that more people weren't arrested in the end, frankly.

And of course AJ had no idea who blew up the house in the end....yeah, right.  🙄  

Mmhm. Either he did it or he knows full well who did. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I can see why, at the beginning of the episode, some of them were like, "Yeah, we don't need to get the cops involved. We solve our problems by ourselves here." It's amazing, and disturbing, that more people weren't arrested in the end, frankly.

Mmhm. Either he did it or he knows full well who did. 

Yep, done by the same crew who were throwing bricks through windows and starting the other fires.  He just happened to have the perfect alibi what with being in the hospital with 5 gunshot wounds.  I did snort when Patrick said he should have just shot him in the head.  

ID Discovery has the very unfortunate habit of painting people and places with sainthood and suburbia.  I'm guessing this neighborhood was probably akin to a low-level war zone replete with criminal activity even before all of these shenanigans started up.  

I do wonder what happened to the dog, though.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

ID Discovery has the very unfortunate habit of painting people and places with sainthood and suburbia.  I'm guessing this neighborhood was probably akin to a low-level war zone replete with criminal activity even before all of these shenanigans started up.  

Wouldn't surprise me. 

And yeah, that's a theme with a lot of true crime shows/books. Start off with how innocent and friendly and happy the town or neighborhood (or family) is...then reveal the dark side lurking underneath. I get that people want to paint their towns and families and whatnot in the best light possible, but yeah, at some point we're going to learn the truth, so they might as well just be honest from the get-go.

I do wonder what happened to the dog, though.  

I wondered that, too. I felt bad for the poor thing, being shuttled around to so many different homes :(. 

• Love 4

The more of these Fear Thy Neighbor episodes that I see, the less sympathy I have for the people who get shot or the family members of those who get killed. I find it mind boggling that people can taunt a neighbor to the point that violence erupts. And they actually dare the unstable neighbor to open fire.....so absurd.  They all end up losing. 

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Wouldn't surprise me. 

And yeah, that's a theme with a lot of true crime shows/books. Start off with how innocent and friendly and happy the town or neighborhood (or family) is...then reveal the dark side lurking underneath. I get that people want to paint their towns and families and whatnot in the best light possible, but yeah, at some point we're going to learn the truth, so they might as well just be honest from the get-go.

I wondered that, too. I felt bad for the poor thing, being shuttled around to so many different homes :(. 

I actually Googled about this case and found this article about the case:  

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/2008/10/simmering_neighborhood_feud_bo.html

Over the past eight years, Flint police had been sent to 205 Madison Ave. nearly 100 times to answer calls for everything from neighbor trouble to assaults.
Nearly a quarter of those 911 calls came this week -- an ominous sign that things were coming to a head in a case of extreme neighborhood bickering where the victims are suspects and the suspects are victims.
Dolmage, 40, and his family moved into the small neighborhood tucked off South Saginaw Street about five years ago, neighbors said.

It looks like that town was a rife with crime starting at least three years before Dolmage moved in.  

What a freaking mess.  😕   

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

See, nearly 100 times. That's insane. They should be able to do something to stop this well before it ever gets to such a violent point. 

Everyone knew there would be trouble on Madison Avenue.

But few thought that a long-brewing neighborhood feud would blow up -- literally -- early Friday morning.

I'm always amused by comments and statements like this. "Oh, we knew there was going to be trouble, but we didn't think it'd be this kind of trouble!" I mean, you've got people having a long history of fighting, a series of mysterious house fires and thefts, and at least one of the neighbors owning a weapon and making that abundantly clear to everyone. Should it really be that much of a surprise that things finally escalated to the level that a house exploded and somebody got shot? 

• Love 9

Well that makes THREE murders in my city of Grants Pass OR that have been the subject of ID programs. More if you count programs where the murders were in the Applegate area nearby or Rogue River nearby. For a rather small community we sure have a lot of murders but to have so many that are ID worthy seems excessive. 

There was the one with the weird religious sisters who convinced themselves that their young children gave them orders to kill someone (they 'talked to God"). And there was the Fear Thy Neighbor one. And now tonight's Relatively Evil one.  Good grief. 

• Love 7

Dang. Freaky enough to have your town show up once in a true crime show, but three times?! That's unsettling, to say the least.

Catching up on last night's episode of "The Devil Speaks" and holy shit, what a horrifying story. A man seriously struck down somebody right in front of a small child? And the wife, who arranged the murder, saw nothing wrong with them doing this in order for her to keep her child. 

Okay, then. It seriously never ceases to amaze me how utterly deranged some people can become when it comes to custody battles over kids. And how they never, ever once take a moment to think rationally and realize, "But I could get caught for this,  and there would go any chance of me ever getting custody of my child(ren) again." 

Thank god the murdered man had that tape recorder on him. I can just imagine what the killers' faces were like when they realized they were secretly being recorded during the entire crime spree. I feel for the poor investigator who had to listen to that tape, though-the bits they shared in the episode were disturbing enough to listen to as it was. 

• Love 11

It was fortunate (for the police) that the victim had a tape recorder, but sheer luck that the perps didn't find it on him when they were moving his body.

This reminds me of the guy who had a tape recorder running before, during, and after he murdered those two teenage intruders.

• Love 9
On 11/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, Jordan61 said:

The girlfriend looked like she was on something. She reminded me of the addicts on Intervention nodding off during their talking heads.

That looked 100% like heroin. Very sad. The eyes lolling back in her head and her speech was very much heroin. 😞

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Thank god the murdered man had that tape recorder on him. I can just imagine what the killers' faces were like when they realized they were secretly being recorded during the entire crime spree.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall!

• Love 5

I don't remember which network but there was one with a guy who stole dinosaur bones in the desert and another where a woman traveled from Grants Pass to Kansas or some such state to shoot an abortion doctor. 

I predict that there will be a Mouseketeer one at some point.  One of the original Disney Mouseketeers retired here (Dennis) and suddenly came up missing. He was missing for about a year and then the case broke just recently and the murderer (I think it was a roommate/caregiver situation?) showed them where he buried the body after he killed him.

Maybe I should move. 

• Love 3

The wife of the rapist and murderer on tonight's episode of Shattered was not a sympathetic character at all.  Saying her rapist/murderer of a husband was a great father and husband was bad enough, but then she went and compared seeing him in chains to what it must have felt like when people saw Jesus in shackles.  And her fake crying and throwing shade at her husband's victim was just fucking gross.

The woman who survived his attack was amazing.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

The wife of the rapist and murderer on tonight's episode of Shattered was not a sympathetic character at all.  Saying her rapist/murderer of a husband was a great father and husband was bad enough, but then she went and compared seeing him in chains to what it must have felt like when people saw Jesus in shackles.  And her fake crying and throwing shade at her husband's victim was just fucking gross.

Oh, it was worse, she said it was comparable to Jesus being crucified. Which, just...wow. No. And of course she also pulled the, "We went to church every Sunday!" routine, because as we all know, churchgoers can't possibly also be rapists. 

And yeah, her comments about Amy bothered me, too. As was her expectation to hear her husband say he didn't do this. I mean, I get that it's hard to acknowledge somebody you love could do something like this, I can very much sympathize with that struggle in and of itself, but...yeah, she's got blinders on, for sure. 

The woman who survived his attack was amazing.

She really was. I especially liked how she was able to use her own understanding of law enforcement to figure out that the rapist likely did that kind of work. 

My heart went out to her as she recalled the horrible events of that day, seeing how it still visibly affected her all these years later. It was also sad to hear her talk about her difficulty in talking about this with her husband, and wanting to avoid mentioning the graphic details. I can understand his wanting to run out and "fix" this for her and all that, but a) they already had people on the case doing that, b) this stuff isn't so easily fixable, and catching the rapist doesn't magically solve everything, and c) sometimes women don't need or want a man to fix everything. Sometimes they just want them to listen and be supportive. 

All of that being said, though, of course, I'm very glad that she was able to finally see him be put away. They talked about how somebody like him would be likely to commit more rapes-I wonder if there were other victims after Amy that they haven't yet heard about. 

• Love 8

That was the perfect wife for a creep like that.  I mean, she really thinks an innocent man would plead guilty for a 35 year sentence?  No, he knew the evidence was there and he didn't want a life sentence.

I remember when this guy was arrested and they linked him to the rape.   I posted about it here because the rape case was featured on an episode of Cold Justice: Sex Crimes.  

Also, the Sunny Hostin show featured a murder that was solved on Killing Fields.  It was nice to see Aubrey again.

Edited by Josette
correction
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And yeah, her comments about Amy bothered me, too. As was her expectation to hear her husband say he didn't do this. I mean, I get that it's hard to acknowledge somebody you love could do something like this, I can very much sympathize with that struggle in and of itself, but...yeah, she's got blinders on, for sure. 

She really was. I especially liked how she was able to use her own understanding of law enforcement to figure out that the rapist likely did that kind of work.

I wonder if the police looked at the murder's wife as some sort of co-conspirator.  Maybe she didn't do anything wrong and really was just that fucking stupid as to what she was married to, but I'm more inclined to believe that deep down she knew and took measures to protect him.  NO WAY was that his first and only rape and maybe the murder wasn't his first and only, either. 

When the survivor said she didn't even remember some of what she said to the 911 operator, and described it as vomiting out information ... it was just a perfect description, and typified her strength and resolve. 

2 hours ago, Josette said:

Also, the Sunny Hostin show featured a murder that was solved on Killing Fields.  It was nice to see Aubrey again.

It was!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I wonder if the police looked at the murder's wife as some sort of co-conspirator.  Maybe she didn't do anything wrong and really was just that fucking stupid as to what she was married to, but I'm more inclined to believe that deep down she knew and took measures to protect him.  NO WAY was that his first and only rape and maybe the murder wasn't his first and only, either. 

Good question. I could definitely see them looking at her, too, yeah-they caught him for the murder when they were both in the car, so at the very least they no doubt questioned her in relation to that. And I can easily see her trying to protect him. If she did do that, though, I'm guessing whatever measures she took weren't easy to prove, so the police couldn't really find a way to nab her, too. 

Agreed on this perhaps not being his first murder, too. I mean, people have murdered others over stupid spats before, but I dunno, I just wonder if there wasn't more to why he killed that guy that wasn't mentioned. Given he's already committed rape as well, and especially considering the idea that Amy wasn't his only victim, if that murder was actually his first, I could see him becoming a serial killer after that. Moving from one violent crime to another. 

• Love 5

Last night's The Object of Murder had me steaming mad.  The victim decided to forgive the perp for brutally killing her pets - yes, that's plural - thereby unleashing a potential serial killer; who fortunately was caught after only murdering her.

If my SO, or anyone else for that matter, deliberately killed or harmed one of my pets, it would be their body that was missing. I'd consider it a necessary preemptive strike, and a service to humanity.

• Love 23
28 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Last night's The Object of Murder had me steaming mad.  The victim decided to forgive the perp for brutally killing her pets - yes, that's plural - thereby unleashing a potential serial killer; who fortunately was caught after only murdering her.

If my SO, or anyone else for that matter, deliberately killed or harmed one of my pets, it would be their body that was missing. I'd consider it a necessary preemptive strike, and a service to humanity.

I turned the channel as soon as I heard that.  I didn't stick around for any details.

• Love 6

Yeah, I was just about to come here and give people a heads up on that story, too. Anyone who hasn't seen that show yet, now you know. 

That story was so disturbing. The stuff with the pets was beyond horrifying. And then the description of what happened when the people tried to pull that tote out of the water...:/. I'm amazed her family can manage to forgive that guy as well. I don't think I could. Not after something like that. 

• Love 6

Can someone please tell me what happened on Object of Murder? I was 10 mins in and started hating the victim. She would go for hours at night to beach to read her bible and what about her kid? She is in love with a singer who she doesn't know and is going to go onstage and declare her love? What? I deleted. But I see I missed a bit so can someone please clue me in?

On 11/8/2019 at 6:33 AM, walnutqueen said:

Exactly.  I don't get the whole "forgiveness" thing anyway.  I understand it can apparently give the victim's family some peace, but these killers don't care if you forgive them and they're not asking for forgiveness.   If they feel the need to forgive they can, but why advertise it? 

• Love 10
On 11/3/2019 at 8:48 AM, Jordan61 said:

Besides the "Boom Town" episode, I do remember watching another one. It was about two apartment neighbors. After a Google search, I see that it's called "Boiling Point."

• Love 5

Anyone see the latest Paul Holes show?  Many years ago this sweet guy was targeted by a sadist who just wanted to torture and murder someone, but they never had a clue who did it, except they thought he had a foreign accent.  Holes traced his DNA to family members in Romania and they're closing in on him.   With the season finale next week, I wonder when we'll get updates on these cases?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Razzberry said:

Anyone see the latest Paul Holes show?  Many years ago this sweet guy was targeted by a sadist who just wanted to torture and murder someone, but they never had a clue who did it, except they thought he had a foreign accent.  Holes traced his DNA to family members in Romania and they're closing in on him.   With the season finale next week, I wonder when we'll get updates on these cases?

This is one of my fav new shows, because it concentrates on the crime and evidence, and does not rely on cheesy re-enactments and salacious fluff.  I loved the fact that Holmes managed to find an expert in a particular type of torture unknown to all but a few --- almost better than DNA, for a viewer, at least!  

• Love 8

Who decided it would be a good idea to have Lorraine Bracco kind of narrate Dead Wives Club on Oxygen? Could her delivery BE any dryer? Also, many of the stories are repetitive.

50 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

This is one of my fav new shows, because it concentrates on the crime and evidence, and does not rely on cheesy re-enactments and salacious fluff.  I loved the fact that Holmes managed to find an expert in a particular type of torture unknown to all but a few --- almost better than DNA, for a viewer, at least!  

My only complaint is he isn’t solving any murders and I hate the not knowing who did it part of the show!

• Love 6

Seems he always works with the cold case detectives that aren't getting anywhere.  Maybe it's like professional courtesy to steer them in the right direction but ultimately let them solve the cases?   I really like the show anyway, but updates would appreciated.  After all, he was wrong thinking the Golden State Killer & Visalia Ransacker weren't one and the same.

You could tell this Romanian guy scared him when he asked the psychologist if he would come after a detective.

Edited by Razzberry
  • Love 4

Did anyone see HLN’s Real Life Nightmare “Mystery in the closet” about the cops wife who was found in her closet having shot herself in the head in an apparent suicide attempt? I couldn’t believe the GBI closed the case. Something was really off about the entire investigation. I was just glad Matthew Boynton (the cop) isn’t a cop anymore. I still think he shot her.

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Did anyone see HLN’s Real Life Nightmare “Mystery in the closet” about the cops wife who was found in her closet having shot herself in the head in an apparent suicide attempt? I couldn’t believe the GBI closed the case. Something was really off about the entire investigation. I was just glad Matthew Boynton (the cop) isn’t a cop anymore. I still think he shot her.

I can almost guaranfuckingtee you that if the wife of a cop dies by gunshot wound, he did it.  ;~)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I can almost guaranfuckingtee you that if the wife of a cop dies by gunshot wound, he did it.  ;~)

God, I love you walnut queen! BTW, I will be moving to your neck of the woods in a year. (Santee,Calif) We can finally have lunch! I know, I know. You’re going to bring your gun. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

God, I love you walnut queen! BTW, I will be moving to your neck of the woods in a year. (Santee,Calif) We can finally have lunch! I know, I know. You’re going to bring your gun. 😁

OK, I lurve you too.  But as your non-gun-toting friend (what .44 Magnum, locked away in my jewellery safe?), I have to tell you Santee is a hellhole ....

So - condolences AND total fucking excitement about meeting someone, anyone, especially YOU!!!

If it means I may have to drive more than a mile out of my comfort zone to touch base - you're SO totally worth it!!!

• Love 4

walnutqueen: Well, Santee is where my daughter, SIL and grandson live and they asked me to move in with them. I’m having my own room added on to their house so that is why it is taking a year. I can meet you close to your home too. My daughter will drive me anywhere. Lol

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

walnutqueen: Well, Santee is where my daughter, SIL and grandson live and they asked me to move in with them. I’m having my own room added on to their house so that is why it is taking a year. I can meet you close to your home too. My daughter will drive me anywhere. Lol

Yet another reason to rue my barren loins - nobody to look after me in my dotage;  and no grandkids to delight me.  ;~(

Not only will I drive out of my comfort zone, I will actually clean my windshield of tree sap and come to pick you up in fucking Santee, in the dirtiest vehicle in SoCal!!!  I need someone to accompany me to the SD Zoo and Wild Animal Safari Park, because love of animals AND True Crime?

This could be the start of a beautiful relationship, if you're tolerant. ;~)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

if the wife of a cop dies by gunshot wound, he did it.  ;~)

But she didn't die.   It is definitely a weird case.  She has no memory of what happened.  The GBI concluded she tried to kill herself, but she doesn't believe she would do that.   Her DNA was on the gun, but there is so much wrong with the scene and there's contradictory evidence.  I do lean towards the husband being the shooter.  If she did shoot herself, I think her husband must have put her in the closet to let her die rather than get help.  That might explain the pillow  under her head and the fact that there were no bullet holes in the closet.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Josette said:

But she didn't die.   It is definitely a weird case.  She has no memory of what happened.  The GBI concluded she tried to kill herself, but she doesn't believe she would do that.   Her DNA was on the gun, but there is so much wrong with the scene and there's contradictory evidence.  I do lean towards the husband being the shooter.  If she did shoot herself, I think her husband must have put her in the closet to let her die rather than get help.  That might explain the pillow  under her head and the fact that there were no bullet holes in the closet.

Convenient memory lapse brought on by traumatic brain injury, most likely inflicted by her inept cop huzzbin.  Case closed.

Heh.  Judgemental beyotch, MOI?  Yes indeedy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I can’t remember which show it was, but there was a case where a cop claimed that his wife “accidentally shot herself” and as soon as he said that, I was like, “Let me guess.  He did it so he could collect the insurance and start a new life with his side piece.”  I was right.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I can’t remember which show it was, but there was a case where a cop claimed that his wife “accidentally shot herself” and as soon as he said that, I was like, “Let me guess.  He did it so he could collect the insurance and start a new life with his side piece.”  I was right.

Congrats!  Your perception has over-qualified you for almost every detective force in the nation.

* I'm still waiting for the job opening for Sheriff and HBIC in Bumfuck, Idaho(e) ...

Edited by walnutqueen
punctuation, GODDAMMIT!!!
  • LOL 8
On 11/8/2019 at 6:08 PM, Tara1665 said:

Can someone please tell me what happened on Object of Murder? I was 10 mins in and started hating the victim. She would go for hours at night to beach to read her bible and what about her kid? She is in love with a singer who she doesn't know and is going to go onstage and declare her love? What? I deleted. But I see I missed a bit so can someone please clue me in?

I was wondering the same thing.  I had to turn it off when right before commercial, the mom was reading the daughter's diary, and she said that he killed her pets.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I had to turn it off when right before commercial, the mom was reading the daughter's diary, and she said that he killed her pets.

he killed her pets.  The End. Or should've been, for him. Then he killed her.  Quelle surprise.

• Love 5