Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

54 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

he killed her pets.  The End. Or should've been, for him. Then he killed her.  Quelle surprise.

16 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I had a husband once who did the same thing.  I was out the door shortly afterward.

OMG, @Brattinella! Smart move on your part!

I'm glad I didn't even find that show, much less try to watch it. I'm among the walking wounded, no longer a complete basket case, but still grieving my amazing little heart dog who went to the Rainbow Bridge a week ago today. It was a peaceful end to suffering for which there was no cure, before the suffering got any worse. But still, I can't even imagine seeing anything about cruelty to animals right now. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

OMG, @Brattinella! Smart move on your part!

I'm glad I didn't even find that show, much less try to watch it. I'm among the walking wounded, no longer a complete basket case, but still grieving my amazing little heart dog who went to the Rainbow Bridge a week ago today. It was a peaceful end to suffering for which there was no cure, before the suffering got any worse. But still, I can't even imagine seeing anything about cruelty to animals right now. 

I am so sorry for your loss!  It hurts every single time we lose a beloved pet, part of the family.  But it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I am so sorry for your loss!  It hurts every single time we lose a beloved pet, part of the family.  But it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Thanks! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

he killed her pets.  The End. Or should've been, for him. Then he killed her.  Quelle surprise.

Right? What does it have to take for people to realize that if somebody is capable of abusing and killing animals, they'll eventually start abusing and killing humans, too? There's plenty of evidence to back that up. 

Adding to the condolences, @Jeeves. I'm glad the end was peaceful, at least, though of course, that doesn't make it any easier. May the good memories help you through this tough time and beyond. 

• Love 10

Cruelty to animals is real sore spot for me.  About a year ago, someone that I considered a friend, made a comment about a pet.....he didn't think anything of it or  that is was  improper, but, it turned me OFF big time. RED flag. I won't say what it was, but, it did turn out to be indicative of his true nature. (I've learned to be wary of some people who brag on what a great pet owner they are too, because, sometimes they are not as they seem.)  I cut ties with this man and boy am I glad. If a man hurt my pets.......I wouldn't be responsible for my retaliation. Well, in my mind. lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

(I've learned to be wary of some people who brag on what a great pet owner they are too, because, sometimes they are not as they seem.)

This is a good point, too. Some people can use one's love of pets against them-we've seen stories about criminals who'll lure a victim in by using a pet to put them at ease, after all. 

And you're also right that if somebody is genuinely good with animals (or kids, for that matter), they don't need to make a big show out of saying so. They just let their actions speak for themselves. 

But yeah, if I'm with a guy and he doesn't treat animals well, that's the end of the relationship right there. 

• Love 9

If you have to ask that question, that's a clear sign you're already in deep trouble. 

It's pretty shitty that his attorneys are trying to blame these women, who were clearly struggling with a lot of issues, for winding up in these tragic situations. And this:

According to prosecutors, Wheeler-Weaver targeted young black women who turned to sex work while coping with mental health issues or homelessness. His thinking, authorities say, was that no one would notice if they disappeared. “They were viewed as somehow less than human, less valuable,”

How depressing that a) he's unfortunately not wrong in how people tend to see those kinds of victims, and b) that he and other criminals are aware enough of those prejudices to where they can exploit them like that.

Authorities found Wheeler-Weaver had conducted a slew of disturbing online searches before meeting Butler, including “How to make homemade poisons to kill humans” and “What chemical could you put on a rag and hold to someone’s face to make them go to sleep immediately.” He had reportedly researched how household chemicals like bleach and ammonia could be used to kill someone, and if it was possible to erase your phone data and avoid being tracked, the Record reported.

It never fails to amaze me how many criminals are stupid enough to keep doing stuff like this. I imagine the investigators in those cases are like, "Thanks for making our job easy!" 

• Love 5

I am DONE with American Monster and watching the endless amateur home movies, not to mention birthing videos, of people I don't even know.   We get it,  even the most despicable have kids or warm fuzzy moments, but this format has gotten stale.

• Love 12

Yeah.....I still have sympathy for murder victims, however, if you tell family members that your child is so scary that you have to sleep with one eye open.....you probably need to REALLY sleep with both eyes open, holding a weapon for defense and not let your guard down and expose the entire family to this child. 

• Love 12

I only watch American Monster occasionally because yes, the home movies (which are often repeated over and over) get annoying, and the whole "In 3 months, their lives will change forever" stuff is also annoying.

The current commercial for the show is also getting under my skin.  The heavyset girl looking at the camera and saying "Press pause" and then later practically tackling someone to kiss him rubs on my last nerve for some reason.

• Love 5

I watch "American Monster" just 'cause the stories are interesting (though thus far, this season, many of them are ones I've heard on other shows), but yeah, I agree that the narration can get really dramatic sometimes.

I also like how they always feel the need to mention that these home movies have never been shown to the general public before. No duh, really? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Did anyone see the “Shattered” episode about Jacob Langeworthy? I got curious and googled him to try to get more info about everyone, and YIKES. I found myself on some kind of white supremacist forum where they were talking about him. I couldn’t even dive in too deep, it was too gross. But it lent weight to the mom who talked about how the trial became all about race. 

• Love 7

Whoa, really? Thanks for the heads up on that, I'll spare myself that horror.

But yeah, I don't know how anyone could possibly deny race was a factor here. I mean, come on, a big news story about four black guys being connected to the murder of a white guy? A bunch of white investigators interrogating young black men about their role in a crime? No way in hell was all of that not going to raise some people's hackles as a result. Even the way the investigators kept pointing out how Michael came from a good home and was a good, upstanding kid and whatnot seemed to be their way of taking great pains to try and head off the racial aspect of it all, lest anyone start looking at him or any of these other guys as "thugs" or something. 

And the grandma could sit there and claim race wasn't an issue for her all she wants, and yeah, her grief was clearly intense and palpable to the point where her anger may well have overrode any other issues she might've had with these men. But the fact she made a point of talking about wanting to hang them all seemed rather telling to me. Just an interesting choice of words there.  

I do feel there's more to this whole crime than was touched on here. Nobody denied the claim that the...shooter, was it, had sold weed to Jacob at one point, after all. We didn't even get some vehement protest from his grandma about how he never did drugs or anything like that, which, given how devoted she was to him, I would think she would've immediately spoken up about and protested, if there wasn't any truth to that. I could buy that he got caught up in some questionable, unfortunate stuff and paid a tragic price for it as a result. 

It's also surprising that none of them threatened the grandmother, or that the shooter didn't take her out, too, given she was a witness and everything. 

Those issues with Jacob's grandma aside, however, damn, it was really tough, and very emotional, seeing just how raw and deep her grief ran, to the point where she seriously contemplated suicide. I do hope she can manage to find some kind of healthy outlet for her grief going forward, something to help her deal with her feelings the way she wishes, and can find some kind of peace. I kept wondering throughout where Jacob's parents were in all of this, and what their reactions were, and how they felt about her struggle to deal with her loss. If she's in close contact with them or any other family members, maybe having them reach out to each other might help a little?

I also feel so much for Michael's mom, and the struggle she had to go through as well with how to support her son through all of this. Now he's out of prison and they've reunited, I hope the two of them can move forward in their own positive way as well. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 7

I felt very sorry for Michael’s mom; she seemed totally blindsided to learn of her son’s secret life. 

I also had a lot of questions about Jacob/grandma and that’s what got me googling. Maybe I’ll try again and just watch what I click! But I thought it was interesting that she said Jacob was handed to her the minute he was born and that was that. And she said it was the greatest day of her life and she finally got her boy. WTH? Wasn’t she happy when Jacob’s mom was born? So many questions. 

Was also surprised that Grandma didn’t get a bullet, too. That Berny seemed cold enough to do it. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4

The Denver Post has an article about Oxygen's upcoming "Criminal Confessions" episode on Christopher Watts: https://theknow.denverpost.com/2019/11/12/chris-watts-criminal-confessions/228471/

The article throws shade on Oxygen's claim that this is the first time CBI investigators have spoken publicly about the case. With a link to the story the Post published last August, after their reporter interviewed the investigators for the article. Heh. 

• Love 6

Did anyone watch “Real Life Nightmare” last night? How does a toddler just disappear off the face of the earth with no one who was present seeing anything?

Personally, I think the parents are guilty as hell. The woman married someone else, they failed polygraphs and couldn’t keep their stories straight.

https://magicvalley.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/mystery-surrounding-a-missing-idaho-toddler-featured-on-true-crime/article_a65461ff-06f7-5018-b204-a544d1d1b4a3.html

• Love 5

My guess is the 'disappeared in an instant" toddler stories are just that.   I think people are reluctant to say, they put the kid to bed, and never checked, or a door was open, and the parent didn't mention that.     Or else shortens the time they actually noticed when the child was outside playing, and don't mention they went to watch TV or something else and never checked on the kid.   Then there are the cases where they are covering up for the new boyfriend or girlfriend.   

Look at the Kyron Horman case, where the new wife supposedly dropped the kid off at school, he disappeared, and has never been seen again.   It's been nine years, and no sign of him.   

They're a heartbreaking one from Colorado that was finally solved.   In October 1999, 3 year-old Jaryd Atadero, and his 6 year old sister,  went to a fish hatchery with a church singles group, and then the adults decided to go on a hike.      Who sends a 6 and 3 year old on a trip with friends?   Something I've wondered about since the little boy disappeared.    I lived in Colorado then, and everyone I knew said the same thing, kids don't belong  without proper supervision, and with that big a group, no one was assigned to the little kids supervision.     The boy vanished, and his remains weren't found until 2003.    The theory is still that a mountain lion killed the boy.      https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/09/jaryd-atadero-disappearance-20-years/

The most intriguing interview I heard on the cowardly Chris Watts murders was an ex-lover of Watts, that had a phone interview with Ashleigh Banfield in her HLN show she used to have.    Apparently, he was a serial cheater, told all of his lovers that he was either divorced, or about to be.   At least, when Watts finally did his plea bargain his idiot family members stopped whining about him being innocent, and trying to get everything from the family home 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Was it Dateline about the Yingying Zhang murder?  

Another delusional father "Oh, he must have just snapped because its not in his character."  Except that he bragged to his girlfriend (he was also married) that he had killed 13 people in total.  This was on a hidden recording - so its not hearsay - its his voice, telling his story.  

How could he have "snapped" when he specifically waited for his wife to go out of town before finding his victim?  And trying his ruse on at least one other student on campus?

I hope he was lying about the other 13 but I suspect this was not his first major crime (even if it was his first murder).

Kudos to the campus police officer who watched that footage over and over again till he found a clue to narrow who the suspect was.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the 'disappeared in an instant" toddler stories are just that.   I think people are reluctant to say, they put the kid to bed, and never checked, or a door was open, and the parent didn't mention that.     Or else shortens the time they actually noticed when the child was outside playing, and don't mention they went to watch TV or something else and never checked on the kid.   Then there are the cases where they are covering up for the new boyfriend or girlfriend.   

In this case, the parents, grandfather and grandfather’s friend were camping with the little boy. The parents said they asked Grandpa to watch the boy while they went fishing. Grandpa thinks he was there.... when the parents got back the kid was gone. My first thought was Grandpa’s friend Isaac (who seemed slightly weird) had done something because he didn’t like the boy’s crying. But Isaac was the only one who consistently told the same story.... he didn’t remember seeing the boy. Grandpa died before they ever got any further in the investigation. No bones, no body was ever found at the camping area and it was a pretty unpopulated small town. 

• Love 2

Yikes, did anyone watch last night's Murder for Hire? That guy was a double threat, a sociopath who had no problem with the murdering of children and he was remarkably stupid. After he got fooled by the undercover cop, he then tried to hire a hit man in prison who was also an undercover cop. He was genuinely shocked to learn that all of his visits in prison were videotaped!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 11/17/2019 at 7:48 AM, cooksdelight said:

Did anyone watch “Real Life Nightmare” last night? How does a toddler just disappear off the face of the earth with no one who was present seeing anything?

Personally, I think the parents are guilty as hell. The woman married someone else, they failed polygraphs and couldn’t keep their stories straight.

https://magicvalley.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/mystery-surrounding-a-missing-idaho-toddler-featured-on-true-crime/article_a65461ff-06f7-5018-b204-a544d1d1b4a3.html

HLN on demand has the story of poor Hayleigh Cummings and her short tragic life.  My guess is Ronald owed a dope dealer big time and this was payback.  And Misty has told so many lies she probably can't remember the truth.  I think she was also involved.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, geekgirl921 said:

Yikes, did anyone watch last night's Murder for Hire? That guy was a double threat, a sociopath who had no problem with the murdering of children and he was remarkably stupid. After he got fooled by the undercover cop, he then tried to hire a hit man in prison who was also an undercover cop. He was genuinely shocked to learn that all of his visits in prison were videotaped!

The level of stupid right there - the other inmate tells you the guy is an undercover cop and you just brush it off.

And how did he not know he was being recorded during visits?? I mean, I doubt those cameras are hidden.

And all he kept saying was "he cost me an $80k job".   Ok, sucks for you, but move on already nutbag.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, smittykins said:

You know you’re a Forensic Files junkie when you turn on HLN at 5:45 am and think, “That’s Alvin Ridley’s lawyer.”

That case was sad.  One of the "He's weird so he had to have done it" cases.  The guy was already paranoid about the government.  I can't imagine what he was like after that.

• Love 4

Okay.  You know something is off with the family, when the 23 year old mother of 3 disappears with no explanation from her and the only thing your family is told from ex husband (they were separated, but, I don't think they actually divorced, as she was dating a new man 1 month after they separated and she was living with her husband's parents!) is that 23 year old mother left town with her new boyfriend.  So, no one checks on anything.....her dad goes to police once and they say she's an adult.  And, none of the girl's family members try to locate this supposed boyfriend, even though they know his full name and hometown location!!!!  They ask one of her friends if they have heard from her and are told no, so, that's it for YEARS!  Are you kidding me?  She could have been being held captive in a basement.  (She was living with her alleged abusive husband's parent's house with her kids when she disappeared.)  Something tells me they left some stuff out of this story.  For some reason her leaving was not a huge deal for her own family....until many years later.   Oh, they eventually figured out it was the husband's father. He finally admitted that they had an argument, he pushed her, she hit her head and died. He buried her body, which they later recovered.  He pleaded to a reduced plea and got a light sentence.)  Her family doesn't believe it and thinks it was murder. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

That case was sad.  One of the "He's weird so he had to have done it" cases.  The guy was already paranoid about the government.  I can't imagine what he was like after that.

And I’m sure to this day, Virginia’s sister believes he got away with murder.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, smittykins said:

And I’m sure to this day, Virginia’s sister believes he got away with murder.

Because they didn't like him.  There had to be some reason she cut off her family, and I believe she did that of her own free will.  He may very well be a not-so-nice person - paranoid, and distrustful of the government, but her own copious notes show she was happy.  

• Love 4

Web of Lies - Rannita Williams - I'd never heard of this case before. 

I know live streaming of these types of things has happened, I've just never seen actual footage of one.  And I'd like to never see it again. 

Its awful watching someone who knows they are likely going to die, following every order of the lunatic exboyfriend, knowing he's going to do it anyway.  

They didn't show the video footage, but they did use the actual audio of him screaming while he shot her.

I always wonder why women fight with other women over a man rather than walking away.  In this case that solution made no difference.

• Love 5
On 11/18/2019 at 4:30 AM, cooksdelight said:

In this case, the parents, grandfather and grandfather’s friend were camping with the little boy. The parents said they asked Grandpa to watch the boy while they went fishing. Grandpa thinks he was there.... when the parents got back the kid was gone. My first thought was Grandpa’s friend Isaac (who seemed slightly weird) had done something because he didn’t like the boy’s crying. But Isaac was the only one who consistently told the same story.... he didn’t remember seeing the boy. Grandpa died before they ever got any further in the investigation. No bones, no body was ever found at the camping area and it was a pretty unpopulated small town. 

I followed this case (Deorr Kuntz.)  from the beginning. I didn't know what to think, but, finally realized that law enforcement was looking at the parents for various reasons.  They didn't reveal this at first. RECENTLY, I saw a special on this case. I think it was on ID channel.  It confirmed what I had thought and the suspicions of law enforcement. So, both parents told very inconsistent stories about events that happened that day before the boy disappeared. These stories were odd and when law enforcement checked with witnesses, they discovered that the parents had told flat out falsehoods to police. Why? It seemed they were desperate to show that the boy was alive and well with them that morning.  And, they both failed multiple polygraph tests.  And, if you get the chance to see where they set up camp!!!! OMG, it was right next to a terrible drop off area. IMO, no parent, even one with poor judgment would do that if they had a toddler along.  I'll see if I can find the video where this reporter shows it.  

I have no idea if they will ever get the truth on this little guy.  I hope they can get justice for him.  Law enforcement says they are STILL working on the case and will not stop. They expect to solve it! 

• Love 6

Did anyone watch the Disappearance of the Millbrook Twins?

Oxygen hyped this show for months - I was really disappointed in it.  When I saw the commercials, I googled the case and read a bit about it.  It sounded interesting and I thought it lent itself to an interesting hour, but that wasn't the case.

The ex prosecutor and ex cop seemed nice but weren't all that interesting to watch.  The phone call to random prison guy wasn't all that compelling either.  His story might have been true but who knows.  Even if their father wasn't a particularly good person, I doubt he would have let them be killed in his own home as described by inmate guy.

I feel sorry for their sister, and I hope she eventually gets some closure on the case.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sskrill said:

Oxygen hyped this show for months - I was really disappointed in it.  When I saw the commercials, I googled the case and read a bit about it.  It sounded interesting and I thought it lent itself to an interesting hour, but that wasn't the case.

The ex prosecutor and ex cop seemed nice but weren't all that interesting to watch.  The phone call to random prison guy wasn't all that compelling either.  His story might have been true but who knows.  Even if their father wasn't a particularly good person, I doubt he would have let them be killed in his own home as described by inmate guy.

I feel sorry for their sister, and I hope she eventually gets some closure on the case.

I watched that tonight.  I was furious when the police wrote the twins off as runaways. Do you really think the girls would leave without extra clothes or personal items? If the police had done their jobs correctly we would have answers by now.

• Love 6

Oxygen hyped this show for months - I was really disappointed in it.  

I was disappointed too and I finally completely lost interest during the phone call with the inmate.  I found the former prosecutor to be a little over the top/dramatic.  

This case seems different from other cold cases because with most cases, you have all the old investigation to review and build off of.  There was literally nothing in this case.  It seems too much time has passed at this point.  I'm not optimistic and feel very, very bad for the family of the girls.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

This case seems different from other cold cases because with most cases, you have all the old investigation to review and build off of.  There was literally nothing in this case.  It seems too much time has passed at this point.

Agreed.  The only way this is going to be solved is by someone talking.  And I believe, given they were teenagers, there is more than 1 person involved in whatever happened.  Who knows if those people are even still alive.  Sad case.

• Love 4

I've been seeing advertisements, I think for Oxygen, regarding the Death of Elisa Lam. It's the first time that I've found myself wishing someone's story would be laid to rest. There have been several cases I think have been beaten to death and I don't want to see again, but in her case, it has become exploitative.  

I realize that her actions on the elevator camera and the questions about how she was able to get into the water tank makes an interest story in general, but it has been covered so many times and almost always with some type of paranormal conclusion that her parents have asked that people let her rest in peace. They have felt things they have said were taken out of context, mistranslated unintentionally and sometimes intentionally, and discussion of her mental health has been with a tone of dismissiveness and blame like she was at fault for being mentally ill and that the mentally ill shouldn't be allowed to travel on their own, like Elisa did. After reading their opinion, I can see why they feel that way.

At this point, I hope whatever it is that airs does her story a service and doesn't veer off into the paranormal or some ridiculous conspiracy theory. There have been few shows on Oxygen that I have thought were done well but a few which were not. So, I hope wherever the show is going to air the episode is not insulting to the Lams.

• Love 6

Yeah, those stories about the Cecil Hotel, in LA, as if it had some kind of curse on it, don't appeal to me. I also get annoyed when shows characterize wild animals as evil or mean for attacking humans.  They are wild animals.  That's what they do.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, arejay said:

If you ever see the words"I forgive him for killing my pets" attributed to me, please understand that I have been vaporized and replaced by a pod person. 

I honestly feel that if anyone harmed my pets, I would lose my mind and find myself arrested for murder, or at least a damn good try.

Even if it’s a situation where someone forgives because their beliefs require it or for their own peace of mind, it’s the biggest red flag there is, short of killing a person. RUN, for shit’s sake. 

• Love 12

Elisa Lam's story is going to be on HLN and does not look like it's going to not be overly dramatized. Yeah, the Cecil Hotel is clearly a portal to another world that causes people to become suicidal, homicidal, or possessed by evil spirits. It's not at all that the place became known for suicide and therefore, people make the trek there intentionally, like the forest in Japan. Elisa was in a mental health crisis, off her medicine, and not possessed by demons or being followed by a killer who killed her in a way that hasn't been done before.

I'm now seeing commercials for more shows about the Nexium Cult. Yes, I'm misspelling it on purpose. That story has reached acid stomach levels and I won't give them attention for their stupid spelling. 

In general, I can understand why and how people find themselves in cults and don't judge them harshly, but this story has gotten so ridiculous that I've lost all sympathy for everyone involved. The first interview I saw with a woman who wrote a book about it had her discussing how she was seeing the red flags but dismissing them, then how she later learned something from someone else that clarified some things that bothered her in the past and she realized she and many others were being victimized. That's pretty common with cults. 

Now though, it's reached the point where anyone who even had a passing contact with the cult is selling a story about their experience. The delivery driver who dropped off the packages in plain envelopes realized something odd was going on and tells the story about it.

There is a missing woman, whose name is escaping me at the moment, who the police have have determined was murdered and her body is unrecoverable, have charged the murderer who was caught after murdering someone else and now her brother is going on a show about how her disappearance was from the Nexium cult. If he was trying to keep some hope alive about her not being dead I would have some sympathy, but the investigation was as good as can be with no body, and it included her blood and some tissue samples. It doesn't even sound like she was a Nexium cult member, but if she was, her disappearance doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. 

Every time something new comes out about it, I think everyone involved is stupid, which is probably not true or fair, but damn it's become overwhelmingly that everyone knew it was a cult, no one could possibly be surprised because everyone knew it, and it is responsible for every single negative action or result in everyone's life, including people who have no actual contact. It's the shows' fault for giving the people who are making a loose connection a platform, but I can do without ever hearing about it again.

• Love 5

I saw the rerun of Fear Thy Neighbor, Roadkill episode today.     They really left a lot out.    The three people that the neighbor killed, were not innocent victims the way the sister, and the adult kids said.     When they died, both men (the woman's boyfriend, and his buddy that both lived with her) were both on meth, and the woman had a lot of fentanyl and alcohol at autopsy.       

I didn't like the neighbor who eventually shot the people, but there was a lot of mutual harassment on both sides.    The police didn't seem very interested in doing anything about the woman, her friends, and the harassment.       

Unfortunately, a lot of the docudrama's about cases leave a lot out. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2017 at 10:23 PM, walnutqueen said:

I do love you, and respect the  daylights out of of your AA sobriety , but Bill W and his 1930's something sensibilities and "Big Book"?  Cordially they belong on the dusty bookshelf next to my 1950's copy of Gone With the Wind.

Girl you said it!!! I think AA is a great organization but the Big Book was NOT written for women. It is based on a stay at home co-dependent woman supporting her man. I have tried AA and have found the only females with true long term sobriety (A) aren’t mother’s (B) live by the mantra of you have to put God and program first (ya, try that as a single mom), and (C) judge women as less than the men in the room. I would love to write the “Little book” and keep a few of the chapters like #4 but get rid of chapters #8-10 (To Wives??? How about To Husbands). Women are encouraged to be doormats

• Useful 2

I like these crime shows but usually ones like Dark Desires,  Deadly Women And Fear Thy Neighbor 

I like the retelling aspect of it and the actor portrayals.  Some of the stories are pretty good too.   You can actually see things blowing up.   I actually like the ones where the guy who ends up doing the killing is actually one of the people telling his side of the story.   Those are interesting.   

• Love 6
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I saw the rerun of Fear Thy Neighbor, Roadkill episode today.     They really left a lot out.    The three people that the neighbor killed, were not innocent victims the way the sister, and the adult kids said.     When they died, both men (the woman's boyfriend, and his buddy that both lived with her) were both on meth, and the woman had a lot of fentanyl and alcohol at autopsy.       

I didn't like the neighbor who eventually shot the people, but there was a lot of mutual harassment on both sides.    The police didn't seem very interested in doing anything about the woman, her friends, and the harassment.       

There was that Killer Woman episode I saw this weekend about Mary Jane Fonder.   I can’t place where i heard the story before but Killer Woman did like a 15 minute story on her and barely scratched the surface.  I mean not only did she stalk the new Pastor and kill a woman but there was this whole thing about her still being a suspect in her fathers disappearance which the show didn’t even mention.   A lot more then a 15 minute story that was shoved in there with two others stories could even get into.

sorry about the double post

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I wasn't really familiar with the Elisa Lam case.  Everytime I tried to look into it, I was overwhelmed with people yakking about The Elevator Game, and it got really old, and I gave up.  So I watched the HLN show, which leaned fairly heavily toward her being murdered (and tried to explain away the LAPD stance that she was having psych issues and this was an accident), so after watching, I did some digging.  I am really disappointed that they didn't mention that she had been put in a hostel style room, and there were complaints about her and erratic behavior, so she was moved to a private room.  She also kept a blog that was not mentioned, and in it, she showed signs of possibly being off her meds.  The bookstore owner saying they had a good convo so she couldn't have been having issues rang really hollow to me.  There is a really good video on YouTube by a medical student who explains the toxicology in detail, and why it likely shows she was off her meds, and how her behavior is highly indicative of a bi-polar person in full-on mania.  After looking at a number of things, I think she was completely manic, climbed on the roof, hopped on to the tank from above, removed the lid (it wasn't heavy), and climbed in.  She took her clothes off (something manic people sometimes do), and went for a swim.  She was unable to get out, and died.  Two things lead me to that:  1)  she was found floating on her back.  2)  the lid was never put back on the tank after she got in.  If someone dumped her in there, they would have put the lid back on.  Had she been dumped in there dead or unconscious, she likely would not be on her back.  Sorry for the giant paragraph, but my tablet won't do paragraph breaks on this site.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 9

Crazy:

There was that Killer Woman episode I saw this weekend about Mary Jane Fonder. 

Keith Morrison {who else? :)} did a whole show about that crazy old bat.  She had feelings for the minister and was jealous of the new girl in the office.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 2