Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 5/30/2018 at 1:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope the guy who fired her is a getting grilled.  She has a lawsuit against the city.  I hope she prevails. I was impressed with her boyfriend.  Funny, because as he was talking, I thought to myself, what a handsome, smart and kind man.  I like him.  Hmmmm......she did too!

I stayed off here until I got a chance to finish watching this because I had a feeling it would be really good and I  didn't want to see any spoilers. It definitely didn't disappoint! It's crazy that Chris Regan, who seemed to be such a good looking guy, took up with such a slutty, trashy woman instead of staying with his pretty girlfriend. At one point I was even thinking it was a shame he hadn't hooked up with the Police Chief, she's so pretty and smart. But she found herself a good one, for sure. I hope the creep that fired her gets run out of town on a rail. And that Kelly -- ugh -- that smirk she had on her face every time they showed her made me want to slap her silly. 

• Love 11

You took my thoughts completely.  I have NO idea why the nice guy Chris started this affair with that woman.  You know that he knew she wasn't right and that's why he didn't want anyone at work to know.  He never took her anywhere. They just had sex.  He was embarrassed for it to get out. I get it.  It had to be the convenience. She didn't seem to be attractive at all.   Plus, I think it's against most company policies.    Supervisors having sex with employees.....I don't think it's allowed, but, he paid for it dearly.   Poor man...if he could have only resisted her for one more night, he would have been gone from that place for good. 

• Love 4

I'm still thinking about Dead North a few days later, so that's something. A lot of ID shows are completely forgettable.

The new Blotter podcast discusses this case, for anyone who hasn't already listened. Sarah liked it as well.

• Love 5
On 5/31/2018 at 9:29 PM, Brattinella said:

I understand!  We were so invested in this trial, and couldn't believe they got it wrong!

I didn't watch much of the Anthony case at the time. I do remember seeing 48 Hours before the trial. It showed the prosecutors. I may be wrong but I really thought they were over confident, which was not a good thing.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, applecrisp said:

I didn't watch much of the Anthony case at the time. I do remember seeing 48 Hours before the trial. It showed the prosecutors. I may be wrong but I really thought they were over confident, which was not a good thing.

The prosecution really messed up by not challenging this phony story that Baez concocted.  The judge should never have allowed it.

• Love 4

Okay, this new "Fear Thy Neighbor" episode...I'm about at the point where I want to knock all of these idiots' heads together and tell them all to shut up. My god, this is insane. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Okay, this new "Fear Thy Neighbor" episode...I'm about at the point where I want to knock all of these idiots' heads together and tell them all to shut up. My god, this is insane. 

Insane is a good word. I just wanted everyone to mind their own business!  

Dead North—I liked it until it was over.  Because they never answered the question if that guy was eaten or not. I also wanted a follow up in what was going on w/Chief Frizzo. What’s she doing now?  Did she win her lawsuit?  If the town loved her, why didn’t get try to get rid of the city manager?  

• Love 11

Maybe we'll get a half-hour follow-up? I don't think we'll ever know for sure whether or not he was eaten because it took too long for the search warrant. BUT the only DNA of his found was on that serving tong? So, maybe, but not provable. Just good advice not to accept exotic meat from the guy you go mooch pot off of. Or buy your own damned pot.

• Love 5

I caught some Fear Thy Neighbor on ID yesterday and man, they were some of the most immature adults, I've ever seen.  The setting was in a nice neighborhood in TN.  It seemed to me that the show sort of favored the neighbor who got shot and some of the other neighbors, but, based on the facts, as portrayed, it seemed to me that the woman shooter, initially, tried to instill some safety measures and protection for the children in an otherwise rough and wild cul-de-sac.  It seemed like those who wanted the kids to run rough and rugged, didn't have a clue about child safety.  The head lady in conflict said that the shooter lady's pleas for the kids to wear helmets when riding their bikes was crazy! WHAT? Plus, there was a law on it.  Many cities have those laws, because they want to prevent brain damage if a child falls of the bike.  It seemed like most of the families didn't have any regard for their children's safety.  The shooter lady should have just reported it to CPS and let it alone.  Continuing to engage with those people really served no purpose. 

In the end, it seemed that the woman was justified in using the gun, since the head neighbor lady's husband had come on to their property and was in the process of beating her husband up.  She was charged, but, resulted in hung jury, with 11 for not-guilty, so, state will not prosecute again.  After all that both families moved away.  All that feuding in front of the kids....such a horrible example.  The people who were interviewed, still didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I caught some Fear Thy Neighbor on ID yesterday and man, they were some of the most immature adults, I've ever seen.  The setting was in a nice neighborhood in TN.  It seemed to me that the show sort of favored the neighbor who got shot and some of the other neighbors, but, based on the facts, as portrayed, it seemed to me that the woman shooter, initially, tried to instill some safety measures and protection for the children in an otherwise rough and wild cul-de-sac.  It seemed like those who wanted the kids to run rough and rugged, didn't have a clue about child safety.  The head lady in conflict said that the shooter lady's pleas for the kids to wear helmets when riding their bikes was crazy! WHAT? Plus, there was a law on it.  Many cities have those laws, because they want to prevent brain damage if a child falls of the bike.  It seemed like most of the families didn't have any regard for their children's safety.  The shooter lady should have just reported it to CPS and let it alone.  Continuing to engage with those people really served no purpose. 

In the end, it seemed that the woman was justified in using the gun, since the head neighbor lady's husband had come on to their property and was in the process of beating her husband up.  She was charged, but, resulted in hung jury, with 11 for not-guilty, so, state will not prosecute again.  After all that both families moved away.  All that feuding in front of the kids....such a horrible example.  The people who were interviewed, still didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it. 

Good it wasn't just me. Gillian was odd, but her mother was shot with a pellet gun and no repercussions. That was Not OK.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

All that feuding in front of the kids....such a horrible example.  The people who were interviewed, still didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it. 

I agree completely.  Both sides were to blame.  I think the shooter was a little unstable, but I think the newcomers were the instigators.  Based on the interviews from neighbors, it sounded like the neighborhood was relatively peaceful and most people just took things in stride until the new lady came along and decided to start poking the bear, and the way she allowed (perhaps even encouraged) her children to disrespect and behave toward the woman and her family was inexcusable.  My kids would have hell to pay had they been shooting pellet guns and paint balls at them, and the way they spoke to her was beyond rude.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I could sympathize with Gillian wanting some safety measures with the kids wearing helmets and not playing ball in the middle of the street, 'cause, yeah, that could cause problems if a kid gets hurt (and with as ridiculous as this neighborhood full of people were behaving, you know if a kid did get hurt because they didn't wear a helmet or got hit by a passing car or something, the parents would probably try and sue or something, despite the fact their kid was the one who wasn't being safe). It's like the parents who get mad at a store when their kid gets hurt or something gets broken, despite the fact it was their kid running around and not behaving themselves that caused them to get hurt or break the item. I was kind of irked by the way everyone being interviewed tried to frame this as a "Northerner coming down to tell us Southerners how to raise our kids" sort of deal, 'cause it seemed like a simplistic way to explain the conflict. 

But her going around and actively trying to film everybody and whatnot was super over the top and ridiculous, as was her trying to take down and get rid of that one family's basketball net (that's not your property, lady, you don't get to touch it), and for someone who claimed to care so much about child safety, I'd say waving a gun around in public, where any of the children could've heard the commotion and come out to see what was happening, and shooting and killing the father of a couple kids on the block, kind of flies in the face of all of that. If the men weren't armed when they were fighting, there was really no reason for Gillian to go and bring out her gun. She could've just told both guys to back off each other and had them both go back to their respective houses and left it at that, or called the police herself if she really thought there was some kind of danger afoot, and let them handle it. And not letting the guy's wife come to tend to him after she shot him was pretty damn cold. Also, if she was flashing the kid, then, yeah. Parents have every right to be upset about that. 

But yes, the other neighbors weren't any better with their behavior. If they've indeed heard all these awful rumors about this woman, I'm thinking that'd be a sign I wouldn't continue to antagonize her as a result, and do things like mock her weight. Just sayin'. And yes, somebody should've absolutely faced consequences for the pellet gun incident, too. 

Yeah. The whole thing was just a big ol' unnecessary mess, and the people who were hurt the worst in all of this were the children who had to watch their parents act like violent idiots. If any of those kids do tend to misbehave, I think we know where we can point the blame for them learning to act that way. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Dead North—I liked it until it was over.  Because they never answered the question if that guy was eaten or not. I also wanted a follow up in what was going on w/Chief Frizzo. What’s she doing now?  Did she win her lawsuit?  If the town loved her, why didn’t get try to get rid of the city manager?  

ID should give her her own show. 

15 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I can't watch that show at all because that's my reaction every single time. Most of these are just ridiculous -- people being mean/nosy/controlling, whatever -- for no good reason. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I caught that "Dead North" thing on On Demand the other night. I think there was a part of the first half of the story that didn't show up, so I might've missed some of the story, but I did catch most of it. I liked the police chief, too. It's clear that case took quite a toll on her in many ways, and I feel for her with that, but I admire her dedication to getting it solved. 

That Kelly woman, though...ye gods. She's terrifying. And the whole thing with the cheeseburgers. I like cheeseburgers, but I think that part of the story may just put me off them for a good long while :/. 

12 minutes ago, KellsBells said:

I can't watch that show at all because that's my reaction every single time. Most of these are just ridiculous -- people being mean/nosy/controlling, whatever -- for no good reason. 

Heh, pretty much. I do find the show fascinating, though, despite that-so many of those dramatic endings start off over the most simple, pointless crap, and hearing about the whole downward spiral is like a car wreck you can't look away from. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, it seemed like the show Fear Thy Neighbor, they were trying to insinuate that in the south, they were used to letting their children run around wild, without direction and safety precautions and they didn't appreciate being told any different.  To me, that's what the real problem was. I guess no one around there cared much for the kids welfare, until the new people moved in. 

And, if people are attacking you, you have no way to prove it, unless you video tape it. I get it. If the neighbors weren't harassing her, then, why would that bother them? It would have just captured them going about their business and absolve them from wrongdoing.

I read online that the shooter lady says the gun went off accidentally.  And that she wasn't intending to shoot anyone. That's why she shot her own husband in the hand. 

Plus, the shooter lady didn't participate in the tv show.  IT sounded like her attorney was doing the speaking on her behalf. I still think she got a bad edit and I have zero respect for any of them, especially the one who lost her husband, but, I do feel for the kids. They were not responsible for those adults acting like jerks. The women seemed to egg them on.   Those women knew better than to keep up that bickering.   When you see a situation is escalating and your harassment isn't working, why not stop doing it or move?  Really clueless people in this world. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

I had a different reaction to Fear They Neighbor. I thought  the shooter woman was a controlling wacko (telling other people to make their kids go inside at 6, trying to steal the basketball hoop) and sympathized with the neighbors for having their lives affected by her. Her husband seems to have taunted the neighbor deliberately to make him come onto their property so crazy lady would have a reason to shoot him.

I'm surprised the NRA hasn't tried to stop this show, as it's a good argument for gun control.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Grommet said:

I had a different reaction to Fear They Neighbor. I thought  the shooter woman was a controlling wacko (telling other people to make their kids go inside at 6, trying to steal the basketball hoop) and sympathized with the neighbors for having their lives affected by her. Her husband seems to have taunted the neighbor deliberately to make him come onto their property so crazy lady would have a reason to shoot him.

I'm surprised the NRA hasn't tried to stop this show, as it's a good argument for gun control.

That's a common theme on this show. New neighbor moves to an established neighborhood and current residents tries to control them. I think if she had agreed to watch Jill's son none of this would have happened. All it takes is one argument for a good person with a gun to be a bad person with a gun.

• Love 2

Loved the new Fear Thy Neighbor.   The actress who played Gillian was perfect as the villain.  I had a difficult time envisioning that soft-spoken southern mom (the blonde) saying/doing the things depicted in the story, but she didn't deny any of it.   

They were all at fault -- the Kennedys for trying to impose their household rules on other folks, the neighbors for ever acquiescing to Gillian in the first place, the new folks for the husband's neanderthal reactions, the unidentified kids for aggravating things with vandalism, and the police for allowing the crisis on that street to keep escuelating. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I think Dead North is one of the best shows ever on ID. So well done. I want more like it, but having bodycam footage, and such a personable cop who got thrown into the deep end.  She's as good or better than the Denver guy.  And I only like him because he's so droll.  It kept me entranced for four hours. I love Fear Thy Neighbor too. Is watching and ready to cringe.

Colorado Springs, Homicide Hunter.

Edited by nokat
Not Denver
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, it seemed like the show Fear Thy Neighbor, they were trying to insinuate that in the south, they were used to letting their children run around wild, without direction and safety precautions and they didn't appreciate being told any different.  To me, that's what the real problem was. I guess no one around there cared much for the kids welfare, until the new people moved in.

And, if people are attacking you, you have no way to prove it, unless you video tape it. I get it. If the neighbors weren't harassing her, then, why would that bother them? It would have just captured them going about their business and absolve them from wrongdoing.

I read online that the shooter lady says the gun went off accidentally.  And that she wasn't intending to shoot anyone. That's why she shot her own husband in the hand.

Plus, the shooter lady didn't participate in the tv show.  IT sounded like her attorney was doing the speaking on her behalf. I still think she got a bad edit and I have zero respect for any of them, especially the one who lost her husband, but, I do feel for the kids. They were not responsible for those adults acting like jerks. The women seemed to egg them on.   Those women knew better than to keep up that bickering.   When you see a situation is escalating and your harassment isn't working, why not stop doing it or move?  Really clueless people in this world.

I don't believe most of the people on this show. Parents are always not my kid.  What we saw is probably not the truth.

• Love 1

My only complaint about this episode of Fear Thy Neighbor is that it was entitled "Desperate Houseknives."

I get that it's supposed to be punny.   But there's no such thing as a houseknife.   And even if there were, no knives appeared in this episode.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, millennium said:

My only complaint about this episode of Fear Thy Neighbor is that it was entitled "Desperate Houseknives."

I get that it's supposed to be punny.   But there's no such thing as a houseknife.   And even if there were, no knives appeared in this episode.

Yeah, punny. After watching and seeing the Hills Have Eyes neighbors, I would want to shoot them too. Not on their side at all.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, millennium said:

I thought the same thing!

• Love 4
On 6/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, badhaggis said:

Does anyone remember Dr. Steven Pitt?

https://thedo.osteopathic.org/2016/12/deconstructing-behavior-forensic-psychiatrist-works-on-high-profile-cases/

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38322546/pd-man-dead-after-shooting-in-phoenix?autostart=true

He was a consultant for the Jon-Benet Ramsey case and Columbine High School massacre.

He was shot dead in his office parking lot last night.

Pretty sure this story is going to be the subject of a show very soon. After killing Dr. Pitt within the next 72 hours he murdered 3 more people. Two ladies were paralegals involved with family court and the third was a psychologist. He also had ties to family court.

The suspect committed suicide this morning.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38340992/police-attempting-to-make-contact-with-suspect-accused-in-multiple-murders-in-scottsdale

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

Pretty sure this story is going to be the subject of a show very soon. After killing Dr. Pitt within the next 72 hours he murdered 3 more people. Two ladies were paralegals involved with family court and the third was a psychologist. He also had ties to family court.

The suspect committed suicide this morning.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38340992/police-attempting-to-make-contact-with-suspect-accused-in-multiple-murders-in-scottsdale

Wow- what a crazy story. It will interesting to hear about what motivated the shooter and how he picked his victims. 

Edited by galleta
  • Love 7
(edited)

It freaks me out!  I've tried to get together a safety plan for our office and nobody is interested.  I don't know why.  My desk is near a window that can be opened easily and I can jump onto the roof.  It's about 3 floors up, but, I suppose it's still safer than getting trapped by a gunman.  I really think that all workplaces, schools, stores, etc.  need a safety plan.  When you are open to the public..........

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

I sincerely hope that someone saw the episode of "The Killer Beside Me" on ID.  I don't know if it was new or a repeat.  It was about a young girl, Alisha, who worked at a garden/landscaping type of store and was ultimately murdered by her Manager.  I'm going to be extremely careful not to blame the victim but I sat watching the show with my mouth agape the entire time.  Not just about Alisha's lack of self-protection, but that of her parents too (maybe even more so her parents)!  My goodness, did they leave out the part about how all of these people had sub-par IQ's or were brain damaged?  Her Manager verbally abused her in public settings and sexually harassed her constantly.  This didn't take place back in the 1950's when that type of behavior may have been swept under the rug.  It was in 2012.  None of them knew enough to understand that every boss has a boss and report him to someone, anyone?  Or, just have her quit (as her friend wisely did)?   Instead, Alisha continued to have him threaten her that she would be fired if she didn't comply with his demands.  Nearing the end, she was pregnant and her own parents didn't step in and offer to take care of her for a brief period so she could escape the monster she worked with?  I was aghast.  Ultimately, he bullied her into travelling to attend a wedding with him (her Mom was aware and let her go) and surprise, surprise, he murdered the poor girl.  She and her parents should have just served her up to him on a silver platter.  It was like watching a horror movie where the victim has a chance to escape to freedom every five seconds and instead continually turns around and runs back towards the killer.  The Mom said that Alisha had tried and was unable to find another job, but again, couldn't her parents have stepped in to help?  It's not like it was some high powered job where she was making a ton of money that would be hard to replicate.  I don't mean to sound harsh but I've never watched anything like it.  Just wondering if anyone else viewed it the same way.   

• Love 16
(edited)
On 6/4/2018 at 12:54 AM, millennium said:

They were all at fault -- the Kennedys for trying to impose their household rules on other folks, the neighbors for ever acquiescing to Gillian in the first place, the new folks for the husband's neanderthal reactions, the unidentified kids for aggravating things with vandalism, and the police for allowing the crisis on that street to keep escuelating. 

I agree w/every one except the last. I’m not sure what the police were supposed to do. Hating or yelling at your neighbor is not a crime. I wonder if they ever investigated the BB gun thing though. 

On 6/4/2018 at 2:44 AM, millennium said:

Like the ID show Home Alone when sometimes people weren’t actually home alone. ?

On 6/4/2018 at 7:48 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

It freaks me out!  I've tried to get together a safety plan for our office and nobody is interested.  I don't know why.  My desk is near a window that can be opened easily and I can jump onto the roof.  It's about 3 floors up, but, I suppose it's still safer than getting trapped by a gunman.  I really think that all workplaces, schools, stores, etc.  need a safety plan.  When you are open to the public..........

We’re not open to the public but we’ve had a drill or two. The worst is we are supposed to stop and intercom ‘active shooter!!’  Our intercom system is the worst—dial 4 numbers then pause wait for dial tone then dial 4 more numbers very slowly lest you get a busy signal and have to start again. (Every time I page, it takes at least 3 tries.) So my plan is to scream it out (if I can safely) then quickly exit. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

We’re not open to the public but we’ve had a drill or two. The worst is we are supposed to stop and intercom ‘active shooter!!’  Our intercom system is the worst—dial 4 numbers then pause wait for dial tone then dial 4 more numbers very slowly lest you get a busy signal and have to start again. (Every time I page, it takes at least 3 tries.) So my plan is to scream it out (if I can safely) then quickly exit. 

You probably should contact HR and demand a better phone system; that nonsense could cost you your life!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I sincerely hope that someone saw the episode of "The Killer Beside Me" on ID.  I don't know if it was new or a repeat.  It was about a young girl, Alisha, who worked at a garden/landscaping type of store and was ultimately murdered by her Manager.  I'm going to be extremely careful not to blame the victim but I sat watching the show with my mouth agape the entire time.  Not just about Alisha's lack of self-protection, but that of her parents too (maybe even more so her parents)!  My goodness, did they leave out the part about how all of these people had sub-par IQ's or were brain damaged?  Her Manager verbally abused her in public settings and sexually harassed her constantly.  This didn't take place back in the 1950's when that type of behavior may have been swept under the rug.  It was in 2012.  None of them knew enough to understand that every boss has a boss and report him to someone, anyone?  Or, just have her quit (as her friend wisely did)?   Instead, Alisha continued to have him threaten her that she would be fired if she didn't comply with his demands.  Nearing the end, she was pregnant and her own parents didn't step in and offer to take care of her for a brief period so she could escape the monster she worked with?  I was aghast.  Ultimately, he bullied her into travelling to attend a wedding with him (her Mom was aware and let her go) and surprise, surprise, he murdered the poor girl.  She and her parents should have just served her up to him on a silver platter.  It was like watching a horror movie where the victim has a chance to escape to freedom every five seconds and instead continually turns around and runs back towards the killer.  The Mom said that Alisha had tried and was unable to find another job, but again, couldn't her parents have stepped in to help?  It's not like it was some high powered job where she was making a ton of money that would be hard to replicate.  I don't mean to sound harsh but I've never watched anything like it.  Just wondering if anyone else viewed it the same way.   

I've seen that one, yeah. It wasn't new-it was a show they'd been having on Saturday nights for a few weeks within the past month or so, probably to fill some time until "Fear Thy Neighbor" returned.

But yeah, I was amazed that they let her go with the creep to that wedding, too. I can understand the fear in reporting or quitting, though. If you report it, the higher ups may not always take it seriously, or the person who's doing the harassing might find out and retaliate (that happened on another episode of this show when a girl who worked at a supermarket tried to report a creepy co-worker to the higher ups-it took them ages to fire him, and when they finally did, he returned to the supermarket a couple days later and shot and killed her). And quitting...well, if you really need the job, that can sometimes be easier said than done. Either that, or they're thinking, "Why should I be the one to leave? Why doesn't the creep leave?"

Still, yeah, whether she'd employed either of the above options or not, at the very least, somebody should've stopped her from going to that wedding with the guy. I don't know how that was allowed to happen. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Yeah, I was a little irritated with that one too.  I agree that once she was pregnant, her parents could have moved her back in to their home, and she could have easily left work without much of a scene, saying she needed to rest.  I really didn't understand her not going to her friend's wedding to go with the psycho to a wedding for his family, which is what ultimately led to her death.

I did some digging, and apparently the big box retailer she worked for (likely Lowe's or Home Depot) offered her paid maternity leave, so she was hesitant to quit her job.  So I get that to a degree, but she had a baby to think about as well.  There is lots of help available for single and expectant mothers.

My husband worked for a psycho boss and hung on a lot longer than he should have.  He complained to corporate, but they were not of much help.  He complained to his mental health counselors, and they encouraged him to hang in, in an effort to try to learn to deal with difficult people, or that he would eventually make a mistake corporate couldn't ignore, or would eventually get to a point where corporate came to their senses.  Instead, he bullied and exploited my husband's mental health issues to the point where he threatened to kill himself.  That got him on medical leave, from which his boss thought he wouldn't come back.  Instead, my husband went back to work 90 days later, and after a 60 day period of monitoring by corporate was up, he began again to abuse his power.  He finally convinced my husband that he cared about him, and offered him a "less stressful" position at the company.  He agreed without consulting me first.  After he trained his replacement, he was fired for no reason other than "various things".  We tried to sue, but were told by the EEOC and the Human Rights commission that what they did was horrible but not illegal.  That boss continues to mess with us by speaking badly about my husband to anyone who calls looking for an employment reference (we don't put the branch number on applications, but people look it up), which apparently is also not illegal as long as he doesn't flat-out lie, like saying my husband embezzled funds or something.  And their branch continues to lose money, the man who replaced my husband says he made a mistake by taking that job there, they never take down their help wanted sign because no one stays longer than a few weeks, yet nothing is done.  My husband didn't want to give up a job he loved, and worked hard at, and was successful.  But here we are.

The situation wasn't so dire with Alisha, and my heart breaks for her that no one either tried or was successful with convincing her to leave the job.

It was Home Depot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2724449/Mother-pregnant-woman-21-murdered-raped-supervisor-sues-Home-Depot-claiming-victim-repeatedly-complained-sexual-harassment.html

• Love 12

I've noticed that on many of the Fear Thy Neighbor situations, the one who is really egging things on, is the one who gets killed. THEN, the one who killed them, either commits suicide or goes to prison for life. So, both sides are ruined. 

There was one exception, I recently saw about a neighbor who got mauled to death by her neighbors dogs!!!! OMG.  That story angered me so much.....it was horrible, how the lady tried to get help, filed reports, told authorities the dogs were going to kill her...AND then they did.  The dog owner and his wife obviously let the dogs off their leashes and it took a while for them to maul her to death as she called out for help right under their window. (They were home and did nothing!)  The dog owners received no punishment, except for a fine for letting their dogs off leash.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've noticed that on many of the Fear Thy Neighbor situations, the one who is really egging things on, is the one who gets killed. THEN, the one who killed them, either commits suicide or goes to prison for life. So, both sides are ruined. 

There was one exception, I recently saw about a neighbor who got mauled to death by her neighbors dogs!!!! OMG.  That story angered me so much.....it was horrible, how the lady tried to get help, filed reports, told authorities the dogs were going to kill her...AND then they did.  The dog owner and his wife obviously let the dogs off their leashes and it took a while for them to maul her to death as she called out for help right under their window. (They were home and did nothing!)  The dog owners received no punishment, except for a fine for letting their dogs off leash.  

What a horror!  Poor lady! :(

• Love 4

That episode of Fear Thy Neighbor should have been titled Batshit Crazy In Person. Jillian got away with murder, alright. But the husband egged on the hothead husband to the point he knew he’d goad him into a fight. Probably told Jillian to lock and load and be ready.

• Love 5
On 6/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, Kiki620 said:

I posted this a few pages back after watching that episode:  "The Killer Beside Me episode where Brian Cooper killed his co-worker, Alisha Bromfield made absolutely no sense to me. Why would she would skip a good friend's wedding to attend a wedding 400 miles away with an abusive supervisor -- just to keep a job at Home Depot?? I figured there had to be more to the story and there was. While she apparently complained to management about him (according to her mom), she also kept seeing him (and they dated for a while) and going to his home to pet sit his cat, and she voluntarily attended the wedding. This was a tragedy, no doubt, especially since she was pregnant, but that was just a really dumb decision. And the first trial ended in a hung jury. My mouth is still hanging open."

• Love 10
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, god, yeah, I remember that one. Her neighbors put her through so much hell prior to that, too. 

Yeah, with most of those episodes, I often think both sides are acting like assholes, but then there's episodes like this where one side is very clearly in the wrong and the other side is truly the innocent party. Like that jackass in that one episode who went over to the cabin and shot almost the entire family to death, children included, and the only reason one of the kids survived was 'cause she was at a...dentist appointment, I believe, at the time. Like I said, that's the thing about this show, it's just crazy to see how out of control these fights can get. And they're usually over something really minor and/or stupid, too. 

• Love 6

Did anyone else see the Snapped on Amy Van Wagner?  
The continuity person was off that day, and it was pretty funny.
They lived in an older frame house, which she was paying off.
The cops went in there.
Cut to next scene, and crime scene tape is around a larger, more modern, brick house.
Then the deer skin, covering the blood stain, was in front of a couch, at least at one point.  But the blood stain was moving around.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 8:47 AM, funky-rat said:

Yeah, I was a little irritated with that one too.  I agree that once she was pregnant, her parents could have moved her back in to their home, and she could have easily left work without much of a scene, saying she needed to rest.  I really didn't understand her not going to her friend's wedding to go with the psycho to a wedding for his family, which is what ultimately led to her death.

I did some digging, and apparently the big box retailer she worked for (likely Lowe's or Home Depot) offered her paid maternity leave, so she was hesitant to quit her job.  So I get that to a degree, but she had a baby to think about as well.  There is lots of help available for single and expectant mothers.

My husband worked for a psycho boss and hung on a lot longer than he should have.  He complained to corporate, but they were not of much help.  He complained to his mental health counselors, and they encouraged him to hang in, in an effort to try to learn to deal with difficult people, or that he would eventually make a mistake corporate couldn't ignore, or would eventually get to a point where corporate came to their senses.  Instead, he bullied and exploited my husband's mental health issues to the point where he threatened to kill himself.  That got him on medical leave, from which his boss thought he wouldn't come back.  Instead, my husband went back to work 90 days later, and after a 60 day period of monitoring by corporate was up, he began again to abuse his power.  He finally convinced my husband that he cared about him, and offered him a "less stressful" position at the company.  He agreed without consulting me first.  After he trained his replacement, he was fired for no reason other than "various things".  We tried to sue, but were told by the EEOC and the Human Rights commission that what they did was horrible but not illegal.  That boss continues to mess with us by speaking badly about my husband to anyone who calls looking for an employment reference (we don't put the branch number on applications, but people look it up), which apparently is also not illegal as long as he doesn't flat-out lie, like saying my husband embezzled funds or something.  And their branch continues to lose money, the man who replaced my husband says he made a mistake by taking that job there, they never take down their help wanted sign because no one stays longer than a few weeks, yet nothing is done.  My husband didn't want to give up a job he loved, and worked hard at, and was successful.  But here we are.

The situation wasn't so dire with Alisha, and my heart breaks for her that no one either tried or was successful with convincing her to leave the job.

It was Home Depot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2724449/Mother-pregnant-woman-21-murdered-raped-supervisor-sues-Home-Depot-claiming-victim-repeatedly-complained-sexual-harassment.html

Sorry you had to put up with that crap. I have always believed that there is more bullying in the workplace than any school.

Edited by applecrisp
  • Love 5
(edited)

Last night's Disappeared on ID was really baffling.  This 19 year-old went missing 2 years ago from my state. (NC)  He had secretly dropped out of college, wasn't working, and was lying about just about everything in his life. He left a detailed apology note and just disappeared with not much more than his ID.  (They suspect he took some food and cash with him.)  But, it wasn't a lot of cash and he was on foot.  He was also wearing shorts.  They have him on video after he got off of a campus school bus. No one has seen anything of him since. No activity on his debit card either. 

I wondered whether there was someone that he was involved with, that they did not know about, since, he often told his roommates that he was with his cousin, but, he wasn't. AND, I wonder if they fully explored the supervisors, co-workers and patrons at the restaurant he worked at in his hometown, the semester before he returned to school.  His mom says that he loved working there, gained confidence, was reliable, etc.  I'd go back to that setting to see if he met someone there who he kept secret.  

It appeared that he lived a double life for some time. 

https://www.hcpress.com/news/missing-for-2-years-app-state-student-james-martin-roberts-still-dearly-missed.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

SunnyBeBe, there's a forum for Disappeared if you're interested 

Oh, yes. I'll take my thoughts there. Thank you. I didn't realize that.  It seems that ID has so many shows and many of them don't have their own threads. 

• Love 4
On 5/24/2018 at 12:37 AM, Brattinella said:
On 5/24/2018 at 12:22 AM, Court said:

I'm so tired of seeing the same promo for The Last Defense (Darlene Routier.) Every time they say or she's the devil. I scream obviously. That being said, I can't wait to watch it. 

I also don't like that this appears to only be about proving her innocence. I want a show that gives me both sides. I suppose I'm asking too much. 

But she isn't innocent.  She murdered her boys and was sentenced to death.  They should just execute her.

So did anyone else end up watching this?   Unlike a lot of you it seems I know nothing about this case.  They are showing both sides - but super slowly.  Even if they have new evidence four episodes seems like a lot.  I'm in for it though.

• Love 1

I missed it and have been trying to get it on the website, but, it's not working. I intend to watch it though. I am familiar with it and I hope they did a good job and actually verified the information and not just take one side's info over the other.  I suspect that it's a lot of stuff supplied by the defense, but, I'll withhold my opinion until I know more. Have they played the 911 call yet?  I'd start with that. To me that was telling. I have an opinion, but, will watch with an open mind.  

• Love 1

I watched it and wasn't sure where we were supposed to post about it.    I don't think she's guilty, she almost died, I don't believe she would have cut her own neck like that.

• Love 1