Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

The reason I hate him is because of his opening statement that was PURE FICTION.  He presented it as fact, and never called any witnesses to prove it.  He is a liar and a scuzbucket.  I watched every second of this case with hubby, and we BOTH screamed at the not guilty verdict. 

True.  That is really not allowed and probably should have resulted in mistrial.  I can't remember if the jury was instructed to ignore it or not, but, it didn't work.  

• Love 4
On 11/29/2017 at 4:54 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I was thinking the SAME thing.  I haven't had cancer and so perhaps, I have no right to make any comment on a person who has had it, but, I will say that in my entire life, I have never seen in real life, nor on any reality show, nor in any fiction piece on tv, ANYTHING like what I witnessed in that special.  I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it.  For most of the special, I sat with my mouth open.  I've known who these people were for many years and even used to watch the show a little, but, had no real opinion of them lately, but, OMG.  This was odd.  Of course, I wish anyone who has cancer well wishes and good health.  I still would like more perspectives on what they witnessed.  I'm glad to know it's not just me who thought it was bizarre.  

Do you think it will pick up any action if I start a thread for it in the TV SPECIALS forum here?  Apparently,, not many watched it, but, OMG.  I would say that it is quite something to see.  I don't really know what words describe it, besides, odd and bizarre.  

Is there a thread anywhere that discusses this special and any related weirdness? I have searched and searched. Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Is there a thread anywhere that discusses this special and any related weirdness? I have searched and searched. Thanks in advance!

I asked at the time and think that maybe they did create a thread.  I'll post here if I can fine it. 

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I found one of my latest post about Beth Chapman's cancer over on the General tv, Miscellaneous thread.  I was asking for guidance and wondering if there was enough interest to start a thread. Apparently, there wasn't, because I can't find a thread on it. AND, what was so odd is that I was never able to locate a thread for Dog The Bounty Hunter TV show.  VERY odd, imo.  

I'm not sure what to tell you.  If you want to start a thread on it, over on Specials, (It's under Misc. tv) let me know and I'll come over and post about it Or you can PM me.  I still find odd and would like to know more.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

there should be a thread on men who lie to their wives and girlfriends about having cancer and yes, they ARE IN THE CIA as well and can't call you.  So funny. Ladies we really need to talk!  

On a similar note, I'm always amazed by the amount of stories I see where women get involved with men who lie about being in the military/CIA/FBI and brag about all these big missions they claim they were involved in. Missions that, judging from how they describe them, would be the sort that would be considered top secret stuff that somebody who actually is in that line of work couldn't go around talking about to just anybody, let alone brag about it. I don't get how these women don't consider that fact. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I found one of my latest post about Beth Chapman's cancer over on the General tv, Miscellaneous thread.  I was asking for guidance and wondering if there was enough interest to start a thread. Apparently, there wasn't, because I can't find a thread on it. AND, what was so odd is that I was never able to locate a thread for Dog The Bounty Hunter TV show.  VERY odd, imo.  

I'm not sure what to tell you.  If you want to start a thread on it, over on Specials, (It's under Misc. tv) let me know and I'll come over and post about it Or you can PM me.  I still find odd and would like to know more.

I haven’t seen the special; I just wanted to know what you all were talking about when you said it was all so weird. LOL 

I will PM you, SunnyBebe. Thanks!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 12:42 AM, QuinnInND said:

Cindy doesn't want George to talk. She's staring daggers at him the whole time.  She still won't admit that Casey killed her daughter. I don't know why George is still with her. Cindy is a nut. 

yes and how about what she said about them finding evidence recently (and how was it just recently???!) on the home computer about how to sedate someone or something like that and when the guy asked her about it she said many people had been using their computer (also strange) and seemed to have a particular male in mind but said she did not want to discuss it. what?! this makes no sense. you would rather keep going as it is and why can't she be made to tell? i guess because the trial is over but i don't get it.  how do you have no signs your daughter is going to turn out to be a psychopath until not long before the murder. i think they are not telling us everything.  i didn't follow this story all that much. what ever became of her accusing her father of molesting her? 

but the mother is delusional . it looks like there was scientific evidence that this child was put to sleep forever but she refuses to believe it. and why the hell are these 2 still together? they obviously hate each other.

what was the reason the father was fired from the police dept? seems to me there are secrets. 

i can't believe no one in 10 years has come forth with information on what happened to that poor child. makes you think it was casey alone or a family deal. 

and.... another example of her parents are oddballs to say the least: they didn't know she was pregnant until she was 6 months and then there is no concern about who the father is? just that she's healthy. what? an unmarried teen and parents never question who the father is?  

they never met their granddaughters (non existent as it turns out) nanny?

why did casey steal gas cans from her father?

why did george try to kill himself?  in the case of a grancphilds death.

Edited by msrachelj
add
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

Why did George try to kill himself?  in the case of a grandchild's death.

Grief? Realization his daughter was a monster who had also accused him of molesting her, and he was getting no support from his wife? I can think of multiple, non-guilty reasons.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

what ever became of her accusing her father of molesting her? 

That was the basis of Baez' opening statement; only BAEZ accused her father.

3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

makes you think it was casey alone or a family deal. 

Yes, it WAS Casey alone.    Too bad you never saw the trial.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

That was the basis of Baez' opening statement; only BAEZ accused her father.

Oh wow, I didn’t know that. The case was covered 24/7, so I tuned it all out. All I’d gathered was Casey accused him. 

• Love 4

Okay guys, Dead North on ID is the best, have now seen it to the end.  WOW, that was the best police chief in the world, she was right out of Fargo. Anybody else seen all of it? I love real life murder! 

• Love 9

It would be interesting to now run a DNA on Caylees remains to see who the father was.

I know they ran tests to rule out George and Lee, but since they just used the DNA/ancestry method to catch the Golden State Killer I bet they could figure it out.

As for ''someone else" being in the house when the "Foolproof suffocation" according to Cindy, that is just more it was just stale pizza in the trunk bullshit.

Of course Jeff Ashton pointed out the search was done when it was only the family in the home which Cindy has yet to create another lie for.

• Love 7

Okay guys, Dead North on ID is the best, have now seen it to the end.  WOW, that was the best police chief in the world, she was right out of Fargo. Anybody else seen all of it? I love real life murder! 

I saw all of it!  Absolutely amazing and well done.  So many great twists, turns, frustrations and ultimately, justice. 

Out of all of that horror, I keep going back to the neighbor's story who was so devastated to realize he may have eaten the dead man.  The way he was describing the "burger", I can't get it out of my head!  Oh poor buddy, the next time you're chewing on some faux lobster meat that you can't identify, please don't ask for seconds! 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Out of all of that horror, I keep going back to the neighbor's story who was so devastated to realize he may have eaten the dead man.  The way he was describing the "burger", I can't get it out of my head!  Oh poor buddy, the next time you're chewing on some faux lobster meat that you can't identify, please don't ask for seconds! 

I saw the promo, and that was enough for me to remove it from my DVR.  Just not for me.  And I prefer mysteries, not where we know whodunit, and especially not 3 or 4 hours, when we already know.
I'm one of those who'll record only part 2, of a 2-part Dateline.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

It would be interesting to now run a DNA on Caylees remains to see who the father was.

I know they ran tests to rule out George and Lee, but since they just used the DNA/ancestry method to catch the Golden State Killer I bet they could figure it out.

Probably some random guy who screwed Casey. There were numerous reports that she was a party girl pass around, and would basically lift her skirt for anyone. So she probably never knew who it was. Like the old joke about eating a can of beans and trying to figure out which one made you fart. 

• Love 7

to KiKi....with regard to that neighbor guy who ate the mystery meat, when he said "oh wow, I may have ate the dude, dude" I had to die laughing, Ewwwwwww, that was just gross. There won't even be a special place in hell for that she devil who killed that nice man, I just wonder how many others she and her ugly husband killed (and munched on)? ? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

I really enjoyed it, too.  That police chief was relentless; she just would not let this case go.  I was glad she got her very own "happy ending".  The murderess was a stone cold sociopath.  I wonder if they will find out about any of her other victims?

• Love 8

Bratt:  The show just sort of cut off at the end, I double checked it with the "on demand" version. No, she never gave up any of the other people she killed in three or four other states. I found several local Indiana articles concerning this case.  I am so glad that that wonderful police chief at least found love from working this horrible case.  This was one of the best true crime dramas I've seen on ID in many a year. It was perfect. God, I sound strange saying that, but I love crime shows so much and most of them stink. 

• Love 7

Dead North on ID did not disappoint with its conclusion.  The horror of it was gruesome, but, thankfully, the man died quickly, so he never suffered through the dismemberment. 

The woman is a total sociopath.  She talked of loving the taste of blood....omg.  She knew that her husband was home when the victim entered the house and she claims they met at the door and started having sex, right there.  Just as her husband shot him! I have no sympathy for the husband or her.  NONE.  But, you know, if you didn't know better, she and her husband lied pretty well at first.  If no one had pushed it or followed through, they would have been overlooked and the case never solved.  

It seemed that the Chief did not have many resources.  Checking the missing man's GPS on his vehicle, might have been done earlier and saved a lot of time. Plus, no one interviewed the killer neighbors until deep into the investigation???  I think she had some inexperienced officers.  She was good, but, one person can't do it all and be police chief. 

I hope the guy who fired her is a getting grilled.  She has a lawsuit against the city.  I hope she prevails. I was impressed with her boyfriend.  Funny, because as he was talking, I thought to myself, what a handsome, smart and kind man.  I like him.  Hmmmm......she did too!

• Love 8

Dead North was quite good, probably the best thing I've seen on ID in a long while.  The neighbor guy did make me laugh too, when he said that he'd go over to hang out with the killer dude because he smoked pot, and that's just what he does....it was just the way he said it, like pot smoking was his job, of course!

I think it took the chief a while to talk to the neighbors because, not only was she the chief and the department was clearly small (the office was locked up during the day when she hauled in the couple for her first interview with them, so clearly they were very short staffed) but also because the state cops probably should have done it, but they were stuck on the "he ran off or killed himself" angle.

The use of body cam footage was excellent in the show; it cut down enormously on the amount of reinactment footage, which is a HUGE plus IMO.  Plus it gave a much better sense of the quiet competency and tenacity of the chief and the other woman detective sargeant. 

I do hope there's a follow up on additional murders if anything is found.

• Love 10

So, are there more Dead North coming out about different cases? 

And did you hear how old the killer woman's husband was????  She said 38 or something like that. That man looked closer to 58 or even older.  How was that possible? I wonder how she convinced her husband to just let down and let her overdose him with an injection.  He should have known that she would kill him too.  She admits that she has no conscience.  

• Love 4

Thank you to every single one of you who posted about Dead North. That was fascinating! I tend to miss the single or few episode specials and the few I've caught weren't that great. This was so good, and according to my screen guide, it wasn't airing again on my provider and the first episode was leaving at midnight. (You also warned me about the BBQ the killers hosted, so if I can't eat a burger at the cookout I'm attending this weekend, it's my own damn fault. Worth it). 

• Love 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

the movie that was based on it.

The other movie that was based on it was Boogie Nights.

When Wonderland came out on DVD, it had a great extras disc that included the documentary Wadd (which, it turns out, had long segments that Boogie Nights just pretty much copied directly), and the LAPD footage of the (super-gory, uggh) crime scene.  I'm not sure where you could find either thing - another reason I wish we still had video rental stores.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1
On 5/28/2018 at 8:34 PM, MrsClaus said:

Anyone watching Casey Anthony's Parents Speak on A&E?

I'm surprised they are still married.

I hope they stay married in hell.  They deserve each other.

• Love 5
On 5/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, Brattinella said:

The reason I hate him is because of his opening statement that was PURE FICTION.  He presented it as fact, and never called any witnesses to prove it.  He is a liar and a scuzbucket.  I watched every second of this case with hubby, and we BOTH screamed at the not guilty verdict. 

I didn’t watch the news for 2 years after that verdict.  I was just devastated.

• Love 5
Just now, ButterQueen said:

I didn’t watch the news for 2 years after that verdict.  I was just devastated.

I understand!  We were so invested in this trial, and couldn't believe they got it wrong!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, millennium said:

So, Part Two of Dead North is available on my cable provider's Free On Demand service, but not Part One.   

Remember when they told us technology was going to make our lives easier?

THEY LIED, THEY LIED, THEY LIED.  :-)

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

The other movie that was based on it was Boogie Nights.

When Wonderland came out on DVD, it had a great extras disc that included the documentary Wadd (which, it turns out, had long segments that Boogie Nights just pretty much copied directly), and the LAPD footage of the (super-gory, uggh) crime scene.  I'm not sure where you could find either thing - another reason I wish we still had video rental stores.

They only had the uncensored crime scene stuff on the first pressing.  It was removed on my copy, which disappointed me (wtf is WRONG with me???) and I've had it for years and years.  I'll have to rummage through my DVDs and see if there is a release date on that particular version.  I'll also check the extra disc, but I think that was the only thing missing from it.

ETA  I was searching for info on this Oregon case because I've never heard of it and it seems that the only people who have ever referred to it as the Wonderland Murders are the creators of this series.  The only reference I could find was the imdb description saying that the scenery is so beautiful that people call it Wonderland.  I guess Rose City didn't sound snappy enough for them?

It kind of sours me on even watching the series at all because it seems like they're trying to trick people into watching it because they'll think it's the actual Wonderland murders.

Edited by Sile
extra info on search
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Sile said:

ETA  I was searching for info on this Oregon case because I've never heard of it and it seems that the only people who have ever referred to it as the Wonderland Murders are the creators of this series.  The only reference I could find was the imdb description saying that the scenery is so beautiful that people call it Wonderland.  I guess Rose City didn't sound snappy enough for them?

It kind of sours me on even watching the series at all because it seems like they're trying to trick people into watching it because they'll think it's the actual Wonderland murders.

This kind of stuff really pisses me off.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I don't think THIS Wonderland refers to LA.  This one refers to PNW, Portland, Seattle.

You're right.  Oh well....odd that they would have same name.  Still, I'm going to check it out. I'm glad ID is getting new programs. 

I just finished Dead North last night.  That psycho was so cold-blooded and evil that, if you didn't know she was real, you'd think you were watching a badly written L&O: SVU villain.  When she was talking about tasting the blood and was like, "But I'm not a vampire or anything weird like that..."  Nah, you're just a murdering sociopath, which is so much better.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

I just finished Dead North last night.  That psycho was so cold-blooded and evil that, if you didn't know she was real, you'd think you were watching a badly written L&O: SVU villain.  When she was talking about tasting the blood and was like, "But I'm not a vampire or anything weird like that..."  Nah, you're just a murdering sociopath, which is so much better.

True.  But, why do you think that she confessed to so much and told them where the remains were located. As well as that the tongs in the kitchen had the victim's blood on them?  I can't help but wonder why she revealed so much. It was all used against her too.  And if she revealed all that, what's stopping her from revealing details of all the other murders she claims she committed?  

I also think it was odd that these good guys and neighbors, initially, didn't pick up on her psycho self.  They seemed drawn to her. 

Please confirm that I heard this correctly. Do you recall the employer/supervisor lady who claims that the killer told her that her mentally unstable husband had threatened to kill her and she was afraid of him? This supervisor's response was to ask her husband if this woman could stay in their guest house for protection!!!  WHAT?  Why would you invite a domestic violence situation into your home? So bizarre. She said her husband told her it was a bad idea, so they didn't do it.  

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

Does anyone remember Dr. Steven Pitt?

https://thedo.osteopathic.org/2016/12/deconstructing-behavior-forensic-psychiatrist-works-on-high-profile-cases/

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38322546/pd-man-dead-after-shooting-in-phoenix?autostart=true

He was a consultant for the Jon-Benet Ramsey case and Columbine High School massacre.

He was shot dead in his office parking lot last night.

OMG.  Yes, I do recall him. WTH?  This is bizarre. I wonder if it was professionally related or personnel. 

• Love 5

I finally finished watching Dead North.  Wow!  I hope this wins all kinds of awards!  Such an enthralling story, I love the Chief, hated the killer and her husband.  What a pair!  And then MORE?!

On 5/30/2018 at 3:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

t seemed that the Chief did not have many resources.  Checking the missing man's GPS on his vehicle, might have been done earlier and saved a lot of time. Plus, no one interviewed the killer neighbors until deep into the investigation???  I think she had some inexperienced officers.  She was good, but, one person can't do it all and be police chief. 

I think most of the men in that department had no respect for a female boss.

• Love 10