Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

reasonable doubt season 2 episode 1  that kc boy is innocent in my opinion they need to look into the dark haired friend that smoked weed with his gf js 

darlie is GUILTY i would fry her evil demon *** today. she had nerve having a bday party at that babys grave when she was who killed them 

• Love 5

I’m watching The Wonderland Murders, S1, Ep 2.....this is more painful than watching paint dry.  

I DVR Dateline, and I do not understand why all 4 channels repeat the same episodes over and over.

I love Fear Thy Neighbor, but the last episode was disappointing.

Thank heavens for See No Evil and Murder Comes To Town....I enjoy those reruns.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Darlie was barely cut; she was in no danger of  dying.

I think that is true.  Her wound and bruises could have been self inflicted.

I was struck by the 911 call.  Though she sounds hysterical, she says things that are highly unusual for a mother.  She quickly acknowledges that the children are dead.  No effort to save them. Most family members are eager to continue hope of life, no matter how severe the injuries. And, she starts talking about who in the world did this.  She says it over and over.  She's not concerned with their safety, but, focused on how she doesn't know who did it. And, she tells a lengthy narrative over the phone.  The kind you give when you have a rehearsed story ready, imo.  This and much more convinced me of her guilt.  That's why I was interested to see how this show handles it.  Her people have a tendency to throw out misinformation and that's unfortunate.  I like it when the reporters verify, without taking one side over the other.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, fancy said:

reasonable doubt season 2 episode 1  that kc boy is innocent in my opinion they need to look into the dark haired friend that smoked weed with his gf js 

And how!  Glad they have overturned his conviction; he has a new trial coming up.

• Love 2

I was horrified that the jury believed KC's confession. If he killed her he would have had more physical evidence on his clothes. I hope he had a better defense attorney this time around.

• Love 1

I watched Confluence on Amazon this week. It's a documentary from 2012 about five (possible) murders committed between 1979 to 1982 in an area along the Idaho/Washington border. The show is only an hour and well done, 

Spoiler

but although police have a suspect. nobody has been arrested.

I watched The Last Defense, Part I. It strikes me as an odd series, so far. I think it's in 4 parts. I hope the other 3 are better. When something is so important as the murder of two children, I'd think the information is carefully vetted to ensure that the facts are presented, not just opinion and not someone's slanted views.  They started with the defendant's sister and a reporter giving medical information as fact. They threw one page of a medical report that was barely visible to read, with the margins frayed.  Why not have the testimony of the treating physician? 

Then they break up the 911 call, so that its heard on pieces.  The entire call, uninterrupted would project a more accurate depiction of what was said, not the words of people who weren't even there, like a neighbor saying what happened. WHAT?

They have a reporter and family members claiming that the defendant was arrested because Susan Smith was convicted of murdering her children around that time. But, that is opinion testimony and not at all based on facts. PLUS, it's not true.  Darlie was arrested in June 1996. Susan Smith had been convicted for over a year previously. They made it sound like it just happened. The murder of Susan Smith's sons had occurred 2 years before the Routier case.   It seems that those on the Darlier camp who claimed that, did not consider the physical evidence at the scene. I wish they would have been more careful at portraying opinion comments from facts. 

I did appreciate the words of the prosecutor, who described the scene, that was backed up with photographs and actual proof of what was presented at trial.  The show skipped over the blood spatter evidence, because the Darlie's defense team didn't seem to like it.  The blood spatter team concluded, the killer was someone in the home and not an intruder,  but, they didn't go much further into their findings.  I'm usually, wary of blood spatter opinions, but, I'd like to know more.  Maybe, it's in store for later. 

Then, they have these ominous birds flying overhead and eerie music playing in the background.  With this subject matter, do they really need to try to dramatize the matter more?  Odd choice, imo.   Then they have the fake recreated scenes, like the defendant in the hospital...Why not just show the actual photos and videos? They seem to have plenty.    

It has inspired me to really explore the true facts.  I'm going to finish reading the actual medical records and autopsies. If this show did their job, viewers wouldn't be forced to do the fact checking.  I think this show either got lazy or they have an agenda on board. But, I'll wait until it's completed.  Maybe, it'll get better and redeem itself. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I watched The Last Defense, Part I. It strikes me as an odd series, so far. I think it's in 4 parts. I hope the other 3 are better. When something is so important as the murder of two children, I'd think the information is carefully vetted to ensure that the facts are presented, not just opinion and not someone's slanted views.  They started with the defendant's sister and a reporter giving medical information as fact. They threw one page of a medical report that was barely visible to read, with the margins frayed.  Why not have the testimony of the treating physician? 

Then they break up the 911 call, so that its heard on pieces.  The entire call, uninterrupted would project a more accurate depiction of what was said, not the words of people who weren't even there, like a neighbor saying what happened. WHAT?

I paid strict attention when this was front-page news, and thereafter.  I certainly do not need someone with an axe to grind explaining what they believe the FACTS mean.  The 911 call should be all in one piece; an audio analyst testified that Darlie was running back and forth during the 911 call.  While she was moving objects, cleaning up blood, etc.  I also (unfortunately) saw a color photo of one of the boys, Devin I think. The boys were hacked to pieces and Darlie had ONE CUT.  A real intruder takes out the strongest opponent first.

This program appears to be a last-gasp effort to get her out.  She is right where she should be, Death Row.

• Love 7

I'm not sure how detailed they'll get with the facts, but, I'm just curious as to what position Darlie claims she was in to get the incision on her neck.  It was like a sliced effect. She says on the couch, but, there was hardly any blood there.  Was she lying down?  Did they come up behind her?  But, the boys had deep stab wounds into their torso, right? I'm just trying to envision it.  I have read a lot about this case over the years, but, it's been a while, so, I'm having to re-acquaint  myself with the details. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure how detailed they'll get with the facts, but, I'm just curious as to what position Darlie claims she was in to get the incision on her neck.  It was like a sliced effect. She says on the couch, but, there was hardly any blood there.  Was she lying down?  Did they come up behind her?  But, the boys had deep stab wounds into their torso, right? I'm just trying to envision it.  I have read a lot about this case over the years, but, it's been a while, so, I'm having to re-acquaint  myself with the details. 

One fact I remember is that Darlie was sleeping on the couch, and the boys were sleeping on the floor in the room with her.  It makes absolutely no sense that the boys were killed so violently first, and then Darlie is cut on the neck?  I'm not going to watch the propaganda dreck they are pushing.  It appears that this "documentary" has many fans, and are flooding the search engines with theories and conjecture and outright bias.  I'm trying to find the real documentaries that were presented contemporaneously at the time.

• Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I was horrified that the jury believed KC's confession. If he killed her he would have had more physical evidence on his clothes. I hope he had a better defense attorney this time around.

And the parents stated that some of them were crying while watching it??  How on Earth did they convict him??  I felt that "Confessions Expert's" pain when he grimaced at the police questioning.  As is with a lot of these shows, it is really painful to listen to these cops sometimes.  And, agreed, I hope he has better legal representation.  I can't believe they didn't focus on the fact that all of their text messages were lovey-dovey and the last one she sends is all, "Gotta cancel tonight" or whatnot.  Didn't even sound like her - Mr. GreenWave thought it was probs the killer dictating something to write to KC because you know she was probably like, "my BF is coming over soon!  Go away!"  Plus she was housesitting for her aunt and they didn't touch on whether people knew about that or not (besides KC) or if the aunt was the original target. 

Edited by TheGreenWave
as my sister pointed out, it was not "literally" :-)
  • Love 5

Apologies - it was the season premiere of Reasonable Doubt on ID - it is the same detective, different defense attorney this season.  As was indicated by the title of the episode, he was convicted by a hair police found on his sweat pants, but it was pretty clear he was not the murderer (IMO).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenWave said:

Apologies - it was the season premiere of Reasonable Doubt on ID - it is the same detective, different defense attorney this season.  As was indicated by the title of the episode, he was convicted by a hair police found on his sweat pants, but it was pretty clear he was not the murderer (IMO).

Alright. I like that show.  Glad it's back. I'll have to catch up online.  It's on Wednesday night, right? 

39 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Alright. I like that show.  Glad it's back. I'll have to catch up online.  It's on Wednesday night, right? 

Yes, Wednesdays.  Me too.  I thought that the first season was great.  And, the new defense attorney is good as well.

(edited)

I watched Reasonable Doubt about the murder in Michigan.  KC should have gotten a new trial. But, it's ironic, I checked and  the NEW trial was based on a faulty verdict form, not anything to do with what the investigators found on Reasonable Doubt. So, now, the state knows what the Defense will argue the next time around.  

I wish they had focused more on evidence and less on whether this guy is the kind of guy who is capable of murder. That kind of argument is not really sound, imo.  Lots of people commit murders who you would never think would do it.  So, when that kind of thing gets a lot of weight, it bothers me.  To me, he could have done it, but did he.  Were they arguing or not? And why did she send him that text to not come.  

I would like to know where her car was. KC said it wasn't at her aunt's house.  Was it in the garage? Was it stolen?  What was the time of death? Was she already dead when that text came to him? 

I also don't see how there could have been cross contamination of that bloody hair. Normally, that happens in the lab. But, they are saying the hair was in the bag of his clothes, taken from the laundry bag.  If the officer handling the seizure of the clothes, did not go near the body, then, I would have to suspect INTENTIONAL PLANTING OF EVIDENCE. There is no other explanation. One  EXCEPTION:  The only other possible explanation would be if the killer got a bloody hair on his shoe in the basement, then he walked outside to his car, and the hair fell onto the stoop where KC later sat down. (Recall he said he sat and waited for a minute.) Still, it would have gotten blood on the fabric though.   I might send that idea to them.  They will have to offer some kind of explanation for that hair, because, the police are not going to just admit they planted it or got it mixed up by mistake. 

http://www.abc12.com/content/news/Family-of-Lapeer-County-man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-murder-react-to-conviction-reversal--485483291.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I finally watched Dead North and found myself peeved that there was no conclusive statement on whether Jason served human-burgers at the barbecue.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chief Laura Frizzo turns up as the host of an ID show in the near future.

I am disappointed with Web of Lies this season.   They seem to have lowered the bar regarding what types of cases are dramatized on the show.   In the past, it was elaborate identity deceptions, deadly hoaxes, etc.   Now, all it takes is for the victim to have met someone on an online dating site to qualify. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, millennium said:

I am disappointed with Web of Lies this season.   They seem to have lowered the bar regarding what types of cases are dramatized on the show.   In the past, it was elaborate identity deceptions, deadly hoaxes, etc.   Now, all it takes is for the victim to have met someone on an online dating site to qualify. 

So it's not just me. I too feel like the quality this season is much lower, and this used to be one of my favorites.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

So it's not just me. I too feel like the quality this season is much lower, and this used to be one of my favorites.

Mine too.   It's like a vital ingredient in the show is missing now.  I suppose there are a finite number of cases where internet impersonation has led to murder.  But why does murder have to be the outcome of every case they feature?   I wouldn't mind an episode where internet criminals have hurt or endangered people, ruined their lives, etc., without murder being involved.

I just watched the 6/9 episode of Fear Thy Neighbor.   This show is still true to form, thanks to a seemingly infinite supply of angry, stupid people.

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Since Jason's wife told so much about what happened, I wonder why she didn't reveal if he served human remains as food too.  

Yes!  This is what I'm saying.  What does she have to lose now?   Was it a Manwich or not?

• Love 5
23 hours ago, millennium said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chief Laura Frizzo turns up as the host of an ID show in the near future.

She and Kenda should team up: "No Nonsense Crime. My, my, my."

• Love 3
(edited)

Does anyone know of an easy way to find out when your favorite ID shows air new episodes?   The schedule at ID is next to useless and there seems to be no regularity to it.    I originally had my DVR set to record various series but the problem is that ID shows so many reruns every day, they bump off the newest episodes (before I have a chance to watch them) to make room for the reruns.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

Does anyone know of an easy way to find out when your favorite ID shows air new episodes?   The schedule at ID is next to useless and there seems to be no regularity to it.    I originally had my DVR set to record various series but the problem is that ID shows so many reruns every day, they bump off the newest episodes to make room for the reruns.  

I use titantv.  http://www.titantv.com

I think you can look up to 2 weeks ahead.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Does anyone know of an easy way to find out when your favorite ID shows air new episodes?   The schedule at ID is next to useless and there seems to be no regularity to it.    I originally had my DVR set to record various series but the problem is that ID shows so many reruns every day, they bump off the newest episodes (before I have a chance to watch them) to make room for the reruns.  

Can you program the DVR to record first run episodes only? 

• Love 5

Did anyone see the show on Friday about the ex-boyfriend who murdered the woman on her WEDDING DAY, while in her wedding gown, in front of her entire family??? All of it caught on video by the photographer she had hired to capture every moment of her special day.  The killer was a popular, well respected business man. It made me a little ill. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone see the show on Friday about the ex-boyfriend who murdered the woman on her WEDDING DAY, while in her wedding gown, in front of her entire family??? All of it caught on video by the photographer she had hired to capture every moment of her special day.  The killer was a popular, well respected business man. It made me a little ill. 

I did. I've heard that story on a couple other shows-I remember first hearing it on an episode of "American Justice" years back. That video footage stuck with me. It's so haunting and heartbreaking to watch, knowing the tragedy that's coming for her in just a few moments' time. When they showed the footage on "American Justice", I think they stopped it right as everyone noticed her ex appearing in the house. I don't recall ever seeing the part of the video with the actual shooting taking place until now. 

The defense's "crime of passion" argument in that case pisses me off so much. I get that defense attorneys gotta defend, and I can imagine it's got to be hard sometimes coming up with a defense for a client that is so clearly guilty and did something so heinous. But still...trying to put some of the blame on Gladys for her ex shooting her with the whole thing about how she was still seeing him and "leading him on" is just....ugh. Even if she was doing that, which it seems pretty clear she wasn't, it'd be totally irrelevant. He still had no right to come to her house and shoot her. If she really was leading him on, then all he had to do was break it off and move on, like any mature person would. 

To say nothing of the fact that he shot her in a place where there were many other people present, children included. He knew full well Gladys wasn't alone when he went over there. Suppose he missed and shot one of the other people there instead? Suppose he went on a shooting spree and took out everyone? It wasn't just her life in danger that day, so screw this "passion crime" bullshit. You don't bring a gun with you to confront somebody unless you plan on using it. He knew full well what he was going to do when he went there. 

(And then the attempt to claim that "he didn't know it was her wedding day". 'Cause apparently all the cars out front, the two guys outside in their tuxes, and the women inside the house walking around in their dresses didn't tip him off, I guess?)

/end rant. Anywho, I'm just so glad the jury didn't buy that defense. 

Watching that episode and hearing about the two guys talking to the ex outside, I'm a bit surprised they didn't think to call the police. I get why they didn't want to upset Gladys or spook her, but since her ex did have a history of stalking and harassment, and vandalized her home with that rock through the window (that alone should've been enough to put him in jail for a while or something, 'cause that was an indication of his violent tendencies right there), I would think that'd be more than enough reason to let the police come and get the guy. I dunno. Just such a tragic story all around. 

On the note of disturbing stories, last night's "Fear Thy Neighbor" was...eeeeeeesh. The title of the episode made it pretty clear what we were in for, mind, but still... Damn. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 14

OMG.  Don't get me started on that episode of Fear Thy Neighbor....I'll call it, Remains in the Oven episode.  What I found odd is that the killer's wife and her daughter seemed oblivious to the fact that the guy was a homicidal maniac.  The guy is acting very frantic and threatening and she just pleads with him to tell her what's wrong!  And he goes to the car of the daughter with a gun in his hand and she just sits there and uses her phone!  Wouldn't that have been the time to get the hell out of the house and call 911! 

And then, when the victim's body is found murdered, the neighbors can't believe it??? Really?  I would think that they would be expecting it.  I don't blame the victim, but, why in the hey do neighbors argue and fight like crazy and just pretend that nothing dangerous is going to happen?  I just don't get it.    

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG.  Don't get me started on that episode of Fear Thy Neighbor....I'll call it, Remains in the Oven episode.  What I found odd is that the killer's wife and her daughter seemed oblivious to the fact that the guy was a homicidal maniac.  The guy is acting very frantic and threatening and she just pleads with him to tell her what's wrong!  And he goes to the car of the daughter with a gun in his hand and she just sits there and uses her phone!  Wouldn't that have been the time to get the hell out of the house and call 911! 

And then, when the victim's body is found murdered, the neighbors can't believe it??? Really?  I would think that they would be expecting it.  I don't blame the victim, but, why in the hey do neighbors argue and fight like crazy and just pretend that nothing dangerous is going to happen?  I just don't get it.    

Right? Especially since they mentioned his history of struggles with PTSD from his time in the military, and their concern when he'd gone off his medication. He was in a VERY obvious downward spiral well before that day, and it's amazing they even let it get to the point that it ultimately did. 

I felt so much for the mom of the victim. If I were that guy who'd gone into the house with her, the moment I went in there and smelled that odd smell and saw all the stuff on the floor and whatnot, I would've either told his mom to stay outside and wait, or I would've ushered her away to my house and called the police and let them come and investigate. No parent should ever have to stumble upon that kind of horrific scene. 

Her shock must've been quite deep, too, 'cause she was way calmer on her 911 phone call than I think I might've been in that situation. 

• Love 10

Yeah, I can't fathom going into a house under those circumstances.  My parent's friend did not answer door or phone once.  She was supposed to be there and I knew immediately something was NOT right. I went there and stayed in the driveway and called 911 to get welfare check.  My parents were frantic to get to the door and I kept saying, stay back.  Do not go near the door.  It can't be good news.  I couldn't understand why they were so eager.  And, I was right.  The police entered and she was deceased and it wasn't anything that my parents needed to see. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/17/2018 at 12:27 AM, millennium said:

On my cable, I click on "more showtimes" on the show, and look through the episodes that aren't familiar.  And as someone else suggested, you can set the DVR to record "first-run only."
One good thing about checking "more showtimes," is that you see when another channel is showing the program.  I know I find A&E shows rerun on other channels.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 3
On 6/17/2018 at 11:01 AM, Annber03 said:

I felt so much for the mom of the victim. If I were that guy who'd gone into the house with her, the moment I went in there and smelled that odd smell and saw all the stuff on the floor and whatnot, I would've either told his mom to stay outside and wait, or I would've ushered her away to my house and called the police and let them come and investigate. No parent should ever have to stumble upon that kind of horrific scene. 

Her shock must've been quite deep, too, 'cause she was way calmer on her 911 phone call than I think I might've been in that situation. 

She seemed most upset that her son wouldn't be around to pick her up off the floor when she's fallen and can't get up (she actually said the words).  It sounded selfish as hell, especially considering how the guy died.   There was no, "he'll never fall in love or have children of his own" or "I can't stop thinking of how he must have suffered,"  just her sorrow that now she won't have anyone to do for her, because her other son died too.  

I'm not saying Brett had it coming, but he was a jerk deliberately throwing his household junk on the other guy's property.   Sort of makes me think testosterone should be prescription-only.

On the other hand, I would have been weirded out too if I went over to somebody's house and they plied me with drinks and then announced they want to cut my hair.    The swordplay had me thinking, "Now it's time for another episode of Samurai Barber!"

I was hoping that when they arrested Mr. Haircut and accused him of cutting off Brett's head, he would have said, "But officers, I only meant to take a little off the top ..."

P.S. Thanks to all for suggestions on how to make heads or tails of the ID schedule.

• Love 7

It is amazing at the number of people who might have had a claim of self defense, accident or some unintentional death, but, they mess it up by staging the scene, cleaning up the scene or disposing of the body.  Later, it ruins their defense. You'd think they'd get their story straight first. lol 

I recall a story about a couple who had a small child together.  One wife (they were a lesbian couple) reported that she returned home with the child to find her wife dead at the bottom of the basement stairs. The woman had been murdered.  If she had just left it at that, she would likely have gotten away with it, but, she had to try to confuse the scene and poured paint all over the floor.  Due to how long the paint was there, they were able to conclude that she had poured the paint and staged the scene and she was convicted.  Now the child has no parent in her life. This was one of those cases where the parties refused to stop fighting.  They had been in court before for domestic violence and the judge told them to STOP fighting or he would remove the child.  They got back together, but, just couldn't stop the fighting.  Eventually, one of the ended up dead, the other in prison for life. 

• Love 9

I am just watching Dead North, Part 1.  What pops up on my newsfeed......the information about who killed Chris.  Dammit—-?☹️

On 6/17/2018 at 12:27 AM, millennium said:

I set them up to record NEW EPISODES only.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2018 at 3:56 PM, KellsBells said:

I stayed off here until I got a chance to finish watching this because I had a feeling it would be really good and I  didn't want to see any spoilers. It definitely didn't disappoint! It's crazy that Chris Regan, who seemed to be such a good looking guy, took up with such a slutty, trashy woman instead of staying with his pretty girlfriend. At one point I was even thinking it was a shame he hadn't hooked up with the Police Chief, she's so pretty and smart. But she found herself a good one, for sure. I hope the creep that fired her gets run out of town on a rail. And that Kelly -- ugh -- that smirk she had on her face every time they showed her made me want to slap her silly. 

Kelly was horribly ugly inside and out.  

I hope the police chief wins her lawsuit.  What a dickwad that fired her.

• Love 8
On 6/17/2018 at 9:18 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

What show covered it?  I saw it on a show earlier, but with re-enactments.

40 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Some show with Wedding in the title, and not sure if it's on ID or Oxygen.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

The show I saw that covered that story recently was "Primal Instinct", and it was on Investigation Discovery. They have new episodes of that show on Thursday nights. 

There is a series on Oxygen now called "A Wedding and a Murder", but I don't believe they've covered that story on there. At least, not yet. 

• Love 2
On Monday, June 18, 2018 at 7:21 PM, millennium said:

She seemed most upset that her son wouldn't be around to pick her up off the floor when she's fallen and can't get up (she actually said the words).  It sounded selfish as hell, especially considering how the guy died.   There was no, "he'll never fall in love or have children of his own" or "I can't stop thinking of how he must have suffered,"  just her sorrow that now she won't have anyone to do for her, because her other son died too. 

I'm not saying Brett had it coming, but he was a jerk deliberately throwing his household junk on the other guy's property.   Sort of makes me think testosterone should be prescription-only.

On the other hand, I would have been weirded out too if I went over to somebody's house and they plied me with drinks and then announced they want to cut my hair.    The swordplay had me thinking, "Now it's time for another episode of Samurai Barber!"

I was hoping that when they arrested Mr. Haircut and accused him of cutting off Brett's head, he would have said, "But officers, I only meant to take a little off the top ..."

P.S. Thanks to all for suggestions on how to make heads or tails of the ID schedule.

Millennium, I know, she was like, there's no one to take care of me if I've fallen and I can't get up. No worries about who that is.

Usually during Fear Thy Neighbor I'm thinking both sides are being assholes. And there is really nothing you can do if you have an asshole for a neighbor.  The testosterone as a prescription,  definitely, because why else would men take it this far? But then there are women who are just as guilty.

• Love 1

Meant to respond to this post earlier...

On 6/18/2018 at 9:21 PM, millennium said:

I agree that some of her remarks sounded rather odd, but eh, they did say that she'd been in deep shock after her son's murder. Maybe she's still having a hard time properly acknowledging it to some degree, especially given she was actually there when the body was discovered? Or she's struggling to deal with the loneliness because of all her loss and it comes out in comments like that? I dunno. Like I said, she was a lot calmer when talking about the entire situation, both when calling 911 and during her interview for the show, than I think I would've been...but then again, I've been fortunate to never experience something that horrific, so... Hard to say sometimes. 

Do agree on Brett's behavior. Especially when he was told point blank by officers to just leave William alone and let him be. I get that can sometimes be hard to do if the other guy's trying to bait you into something, but still. He knew full well how messed up William was becoming. 

And yes, the whole thing with the haircut at William's house was bizarre, too. The whole thing could've easily ended quickly had other people stepped in more to properly mediate things and keep both men away from each other. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I agree that some of her remarks sounded rather odd, but eh, they did say that she'd been in deep shock after her son's murder. Maybe she's still having a hard time properly acknowledging it to some degree, especially given she was actually there when the body was discovered? Or she's struggling to deal with the loneliness because of all her loss and it comes out in comments like that? I dunno. Like I said, she was a lot calmer when talking about the entire situation, both when calling 911 and during her interview for the show, than I think I would've been...but then again, I've been fortunate to never experience something that horrific, so... Hard to say sometimes. 

Yeah - she's already lost her other son, and then finds this one's head roasting in the oven?  I doubt there's an established "normal" reaction to that set of circumstances.  I'm surprised she wasn't catatonic.

• Love 9

Forbidden:Dying for Love, was certainly a tale of things NOT to do.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This was a story of a young mother, who became involved with a prison guard during her sentence and the tragedy that unfolds when she gets released. These shows really do take the position of the deceased person's family members and don't seem to point to much that is objective about the situation.  They painted this woman as a loving mother, who loved her daughter more than anything and would anything for her and was just the best person in the world.  Okay. Her mother did admit that the woman, Mary, was a hard ass.  She was difficult. She had a long record when she went to prison for malicious maiming, due to being with her criminal boyfriend (not baby's daddy) when he assaulted someone. She misses her daughter so much, but, that doesn't stop her from beginning a love affair with a prison guard that can get her more time in prison and more time from her daughter.  They are discovered, guard fired, later she's released and moves in with him, and then she discovers that he's abusive. Exposes her daughter to abuse. Moves out, Reconnects with another ex-lover, who returns saying that he's changed, hooks up with him and ready to get engaged, when guard ex-boyfriend and her continue fighting and within 2 weeks he kills her and himself. Such a tragic road. I never did see the part where she was putting her daughter first though.  She was very preoccupied with hooking up with men and drama. That seemed to follow her.  

• Love 7

I blame the prison guard. I'm sure he was told that getting involved with any prisoner was against the rules. I doubt she wanted to live with his mother after her release from jail.

• Love 3
On Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 9:04 PM, walnutqueen said:

Yeah - she's already lost her other son, and then finds this one's head roasting in the oven?  I doubt there's an established "normal" reaction to that set of circumstances.  I'm surprised she wasn't catatonic.

That has to cause PTSD. I was judgy about her reaction;  seeing that had to mess her up.

• Love 3

Anyone watching the cult shows? It just blows my mind what people will do for some version of religion. Beatings and rape, why would that ever be okay?

• Love 13