Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, nokat said:

It's murders in the Pacific Northwest. Oregon. It's the usual with female detectives. They can't recapture the wonder that was Homicide Hunter. My my my.

The daughter was on the show saying she was molested. You think she lied? Shakes head. The neighbor who murdered three people and got away with it was on the show, admitting he took pleasure in scaring away potential home buyers. Were we watching the same show?

My post said nothing about not believing the daughter, so save your head shaking. My point was that she's a shitty mother for moving two guys in and doing drugs with them when she already had a boyfriend accused of molesting her daughter, and I don't think the feud was so much about outrage about her daughter but trying to control her neighbor.

Edited by tobeannounced
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

What’s the consensus on Reasonable Doubt?  I’ve never watched it, but was curious what you all think.  Is it a good show?  

Love Reasonable Doubt.  To me, they do a pretty good job of trying to see if the jury got it right.  It's not a complete investigation into everything with the case, but, they go through what the family believes are issues that were mishandled.  So far, I have found it fascinating and the investigators straight shooters.  They may support the defendant or not.  It goes both ways.  It's on my watch list for sure. 

I'm having trouble with the Wonderland Murders.  Something seems to get me distracted or I get interrupted when this comes on and I have never been able to watch it all the way through.  Maybe, I'll catch it online. So, I can't offer any opinion on it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

Love Reasonable Doubt.  To me, they do a pretty good job of trying to see if the jury got it right.  It's not a complete investigation into everything with the case, but, they go through what the family believes are issues that were mishandled.  So far, I have found it fascinating and the investigators straight shooters.  They may support the defendant or not.  It goes both ways.  It's on my watch list for sure. 

Thanks.  I’ll give it a try.

13 hours ago, millennium said:

what is "The Wonderland Murders" about, and is it worth the effort to watch?

It's about murders in Oregon, and I think it's above average, as the shows go.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, auntjess said:

It's about murders in Oregon, and I think it's above average, as the shows go.

I like Wonderland Murders because it highlights cases that haven't been done to death on other shows. I live in Massachusetts no none of the crimes featured received any attention from the local media.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

My post said nothing about not believing the daughter, so save your head shaking. My point was that she's a shitty mother for moving two guys in and doing drugs with them when she already had a boyfriend accused of molesting her daughter, and I don't think the feud was so much about outrage about her daughter but trying to control her neighbor.

I'm usually shocked by everyone's behavior on Fear Thy Neighbor. Sorry for the head shaking, you obviously know more about this case than I do. Still don't believe that you kill three people in self defense when you've built yourself a fortress.

Just now, nokat said:

I'm usually shocked by everyone's behavior on Fear Thy Neighbor. Sorry for the head shaking, you obviously know more about this case than I do. Still don't believe that you kill three people in self defense when you've built yourself a fortress.

ETA: and they weren't even on his property. Not in his house.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ref. Fear Thy Neighbor.  It's hard to say how  much we see on the show is accurate (it seems sometimes the facts are different from those presented at trial), but, when the daughter or friend, I can't recall which, was on the phone with 911, she told police that Angela and her buddies had gone over there.  And, the dispatcher was instructing the caller to NOT go over there.  So, even people who called for Angela said that she and her buddies were over there. And, unless they fell to the ground when they were shot, they could have ran or stumbled away off his property line after getting hit with a bullet.  And, I suppose that he was entitled to defend himself, even if they were in the street and not on his property.  If the three of them were threatening, heavily drugged, coming towards you and have broken your nose before, it might be too risky to wait too long to fire. It was an interesting case.  It would be one that I would like to watch, if it's on video.  

That woman who killed her husband the fire chief was pretty brutal.  Man, that couple had been together since they were teens!  And, he wasn't violent or mean to her at all.  She was a really mean person.  I wonder why she put the gun she used in the clothes dryer.  She must not realize that police are going to search the washer and dryer, to see if anyone tried to wash their clothes after the crime.  And that 911 call......omg...it was pretty impressive.  She was a good liar. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, nokat said:

ETA: and they weren't even on his property. Not in his house.

No problem. I was just commenting on the mom in that post because I had commented on the overall episode earlier. I think they were both assholes and enjoyed the battle, and I really don't know how he got away with killing three people, but I also know we don't get all the details in these shows.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

No problem. I was just commenting on the mom in that post because I had commented on the overall episode earlier. I think they were both assholes and enjoyed the battle, and I really don't know how he got away with killing three people, but I also know we don't get all the details in these shows.

The show didn't mention their feud went on for 12 years.  That would be enough to drive completely sane people off the edge, let alone people with a few screws loose or who had substance abuse issues (also not mentioned on the show, IIRC).  Still not saying it's right, but the show apparently left out a whole lot.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

The show didn't mention their feud went on for 12 years.  That would be enough to drive completely sane people off the edge, let alone people with a few screws loose or who had substance abuse issues (also not mentioned on the show, IIRC).  Still not saying it's right, but the show apparently left out a whole lot.

Exactly, that’s why I read up on the case to see how the facts were presented to the jury.  I still believe the jury got it right.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Exactly, that’s why I read up on the case to see how the facts were presented to the jury.  I still believe the jury got it right.

Will have to read, because I can't see any case for killing three people, unless you are in a paranoid drug rage too.

Also, isn't it easy to paint others when you're the only one left standing?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, nokat said:

Will have to read, because I can't see any case for killing three people, unless you are in a paranoid drug rage too.

Also, isn't it easy to paint others when you're the only one left standing?

I guess the jurors understood the circumstances.  Not sure if they spoke out or not....well, except for the not guilty verdict.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm an ID addict, I have to stop watching this stuff. On the plus side, I now know how to murder someone without leaving evidence. I can't even spell so I'd leave a bootprint or hair.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I guess the jurors understood the circumstances.  Not sure if they spoke out or not....well, except for the not guilty verdict.

Yeah, the whole proving guilt. Err on the side of not guilty.

• Love 1

What broke my heart was the show where the guy wouldn't admit guilt, and wouldn't give DNA, and the sister said, I have fewer rights than he does.

• Love 1
On Wednesday, July 04, 2018 at 6:30 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

One of my favorites in true crime stories, is when the killer thinks they are so smart, but, they make a To Do list to help keep them on track like, "Buy bleach, gloves, ammo, rope, shovel, cut phone lines, etc."  and then leave the list in their car for the police to find! lol  So funny.  Sometimes they say they planned it, but, never went through with it.  Although someone else did. But, they don't know anything about it. 

I would think that was too obvious. But detectives have said, people are dumb.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, nokat said:

I would think that was too obvious. But detectives have said, people are dumb.

Oh yes.  Some criminals even use their credit card or store discount card when they purchase their implements of murder.  I guess saving 13 cents is worth the police tracking you to the store on video making the purchases. lol

This is one thing that I think people are underestimating now.  There are few places where you can make purchases that does not have you on camera.  Maybe you could find some,some small thrift stores, yard sales, etc., but, for department stores.....they may have grainy footage, but, it's there. 

And, the cell phone will track the whereabouts. And turning it off, creates suspicion, so.......

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh yes.  Some criminals even use their credit card or store discount card when they purchase their implements of murder.  I guess saving 13 cents is worth the police tracking you to the store on video making the purchases. lol

This is one thing that I think people are underestimating now.  There are few places where you can make purchases that does not have you on camera.  Maybe you could find some,some small thrift stores, yard sales, etc., but, for department stores.....they may have grainy footage, but, it's there. 

And, the cell phone will track the whereabouts. And turning it off, creates suspicion, so.......

Some can be so stupid. Do they watch TV? Do they watch the news? They really think there aren't video cameras despite how many criminals get caught that way.  And using cellphones? How stupid is that? Everyone knows they can be tracked. One moron I think on Foresnic Files but it maybe another show he claimed to home with his girlfriend's brother all night long and not out killing his mistress. Except the cellphone records showed he was calling or texting the brother all night long. I think one of the detectives laughed at the idea they were in the same room calling each other all night long. Of course the cellphones weren't in the same location. There was episode I think in Forsenic Files where a young woman went missing I think she was insurance agent or something she was going to check a client's home for damages. Her murderer is so stupid. He claims she never showed up, he never met her and that he and his girlfriend just moved into the house a day or two ago. Her car is found nearby at the bank which has cameras and catches him driving her car getting out and walking away, in the car is envelope that you get at the bank taking money out its empty but his finger prints are all over it, police search his house and find her DNA basically everywhere, on the murder weapon, on the walls, and the ceiling. He stole her credit card and used it to buy snacks at a gas station and signs his name and the gas station had video tape of that too. I mean seriously the police had everything except a video of him committing the crime. He's found guilty but insists he's going to keep fighting it and thinks he's going to win his appeal.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

One moron I think on Foresnic Files but it maybe another show he claimed to home with his girlfriend's brother all night long and not out killing his mistress. Except the cellphone records showed he was calling or texting the brother all night long. I think one of the detectives laughed at the idea they were in the same room calling each other all night long. Of course the cellphones weren't in the same location. 

I saw a "Forensic Files" show once about a guy who murdered someone and did an utterly shit job at trying to clean up the crime scene and cover his tracks, and virtually every investigator who was interviewed seemed utterly amazed and almost amused at just how dumb this guy truly was. One of the people even made a point of saying something to the effect of, "His mistakes were the sort that even a sixth grader would laugh at." 

But hey, it's those idiots that make the investigators' and attorneys' jobs that much easier, right :D? 

• Love 5

I saw a show on ID today again that reminded me of why it's crazy for a killer to be so brazen that they don't realize that it's going to arouse suspicion if three people around you all die, within a short time span.  Like if, your 45 year-old husband just dies from a heart attack, even though, he hadn't been sick (yeah, right) and then your business partner, who just turned you in for illegal activity is murdered and at about the same time, your new husband, that you married after your former husband died (and you collected a million in his life insurance) is also murdered, so that you collect on the new husband's life insurance. I mean, didn't this woman think that someone would put her behind it all?  But, it didn't get that far, because the hit man she was hiring was an undercover cop.  She was so shocked when they arrested her that she peed her pants, according to the detective! lol 

• Love 6
(edited)

Yep, when that many bodies start piling up like that, the investigators are always like, "Either this person is REALLY unlucky...or they're behind this." And the simplest answer wins out virtually every time. 

19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

But, it didn't get that far, because the hit man she was hiring was an undercover cop.  She was so shocked when they arrested her that she peed her pants, according to the detective! lol 

Oh, dear :p. Those stories with the undercover cops nabbing them are always fun, too-I saw a story once about a woman who was hiring a hit man to kill her husband, and an undercover cop was playing the hit man there, too. The conversation was recorded, and the woman actually says to the cop at one point, "I had to be careful when setting up this meeting, 'cause I've heard those stories about people getting caught in those undercover stings before."

Yeah. 

I also remember a story where a woman was trying to find a hit man through a phone book. 'Cause, y'know, that's where any wannabe killer worth their salt advertises their services!

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I saw a show on ID today again that reminded me of why it's crazy for a killer to be so brazen that they don't realize that it's going to arouse suspicion if three people around you all die, within a short time span.  Like if, your 45 year-old husband just dies from a heart attack, even though, he hadn't been sick (yeah, right) and then your business partner, who just turned you in for illegal activity is murdered and at about the same time, your new husband, that you married after your former husband died (and you collected a million in his life insurance) is also murdered, so that you collect on the new husband's life insurance. I mean, didn't this woman think that someone would put her behind it all?  But, it didn't get that far, because the hit man she was hiring was an undercover cop.  She was so shocked when they arrested her that she peed her pants, according to the detective! lol

Laughing, dumb criminals. Is loving your description of most of these shows. Everyone  but you dies, and they have life insurance. You're having an affair with two men, your partner has will an you get everything, you're on your fifth husband because the first four died of heart attacks.

• Love 3
On 7/1/2018 at 6:19 PM, ButterQueen said:

A single mom and her daughter are thrilled when a single man and his daughters move in.....until allegations of molestation.  The allegations are against new neighbor’s friend, and single Mom starts a war because the charges are dropped and new neighbor is still friends with him.  Their feud lasted 12 years.  I don’t want to spoil it for you.

I believed the daughter about the molestation, but I really wanted to know if Rusty was ever in trouble or arrested for any similar crimes.  I could barely focus on the rest of the episode, because I was just wondering if Rusty was still out there up to no good.

On 6/29/2018 at 4:35 PM, renatae said:

Re: Darlie and her injuries, The Last Defense presented one of the ER nurses, Jodie Fitts, and he testified that there was so much blood on Darlie that they were afraid she had an arterial bleed, so they rushed her to surgery. The surgical report stated "she had lacerations to her shoulder and forearm, which were deep, but did not appear to be close to any vital structures. She had an approximately 9 cm laceration on her neck from the [obscured] to the right sternocleidomastoid muscle which was bleeding profusely. On superficial exploration this clearly penetrated the [obscured] muscle."

To this day, as seen on the current tapes of her, those neck scars are still visible. As documented on the surgical report, they were not superficial.

snipped by me

I've never thought her injury was that bad.  She was rushed to surgery, but only because they thought it was more serious than it was because of all the blood.  The doctor only kept her in the hospital that night because he thought she might not be able to rest at home, not because of medical necessity.  And in the Silly String video, which was only 8 or 9 days after the murders, her cut is not even covered and pretty healed up.

Firmly on the she did it/no intruder train, although I do think that having a death penalty trial a mere 8 months after the murders was nuts.  I thought it was going to be more about the punishment phase/death penalty and not a slanted Darlie is innocent piece.  Being on death row for 21 years in Texas is a long freaking time.  

• Love 8

Just watched episode 1 of The Wonderland Murders.   I figured out why they call it Wonderland.   Because the damn show leaves you WONDERING why the victim's corpse was skeletal at the head, partially decomposed in the torso, and fresh as the morning dew from the waist down!   I couldn't believe it.   They open the show with this truly perplexing mystery, with the detectives saying "It was like nothing we ever saw before," and then, absolutely NO FOLLOW-UP over the next hour.   Not even casual speculation about biopredation, humidity -- nothing!

• Love 4

Watched this episode of Fear Thy Neighbor on Saturday:

Two women have lived next door to each other since childhood; then, one of the women's ex-husband begins seeing the other, leading to a conflict; when property disputes are mixed in, the result is a shocking act violence that engulfs them all.

My favorite part of some of the ID shows is how disparate the reactors are to the real people, and this episode was heavy in talking heads from the real people. All I can say is, really ladies? This is the man you fought over? 

• Love 10
(edited)

Yeah, different perspectives certainly are amazing.  ID has recently started on this Cult theme.  Whenever most cult leaders are described, they normally say things like, "he was so engaging, charismatic, charming, mesmerizing, etc" etc.  And then you watch the person in videos or listen to them on audio and.....OMG.. the person appeared to be crazy, unstable, uninformed, unintelligent and insulting to my intelligence.  A child would have seen through the shyster.  That's what I have never understood.  I even encountered it within my own family.  They got exposed to, what I consider a cult church, when I was a child.  They bought it hook, line and sinker, but, even as an 11 year-old, I saw it for the farce it was.  I never bought in on it and wondered why adults did.  I suppose it's something that I will never figure out.  

Some of those they covered are Koresh and Jim Jones, but, there are many others. Even before they were enslaving people, they were obviously unstable and dangerous. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, different perspectives certainly are amazing.  ID has recently started on this Cult theme.  Whenever most cult leaders are described, they normally say things like, "he was so engaging, charismatic, charming, mesmerizing, etc" etc.  And then you watch the person in videos or listen to them on audio and.....OMG.. the person appeared to be crazy, unstable, uninformed, unintelligent and insulting to my intelligence.  A child would have seen through the shyster.  That's what I have never understood.  I even encountered it within my own family.  They got exposed to, what I consider a cult church, when I was a child.  They bought it hook, line and sinker, but, even as an 11 year-old, I saw it for the farce it was.  I never bought in on it and wondered why adults did.  I suppose it's something that I will never figure out.  

Some of those they covered are Koresh and Jim Jones, but, there are many others. Even before they were enslaving people, they were obviously unstable and dangerous. 

They prey on people who are easily manipulated, the downtrodden, or who have been cast off from society.  As a young person, but not too young to remember a time when you weren't in this group, you had the faculty to understand it was wrong.  For someone beaten down by life's experiences, etc, it's exactly what they want or need to hear, and they dismiss that it's "strange".  Charles Manson picked up teens who had run away from home, other homeless people, etc.  They were looking for "something", and they didn't know what, and he told them just what they wanted to, or needed to hear.  Jim Jones picked up a lot of minorities, in a time when it was particularly volatile for them.  Heaven's Gate picked up a lot of "disenfranchised Scientologists" and the like, so they had people who believed in the sci-fi aspects of Scientology but didn't have the money to continue with it, so they played up to that.  Cult leaders aren't always highly intelligent, but they're master manipulators.  Manson learned it in jail, having spent more time in than out of jail when he was in his 20's.  Koresh adapted to survive in the world, having learning disabilities.  Jones was very charismatic, and could whip people in to a frenzy by making those who thought they were powerless feel that they had some control.  Heaven's Gate took people who may have been chastised for being brainy or nerdy, and told them they were the chosen ones to meet aliens and go to a new life.  I'd like to think I'm too cynical, but there have been times where I was truly despondent, and saw something in passing in a magazine or online that seemed weird, but I thought "Just maybe....".  Then I come to my senses.

9 hours ago, hkit said:

Watched this episode of Fear Thy Neighbor on Saturday:

My favorite part of some of the ID shows is how disparate the reactors are to the real people, and this episode was heavy in talking heads from the real people. All I can say is, really ladies? This is the man you fought over? 

Yeah, I didn't see it either, and he seemed to be taking delight in rubbing his new relationship in his ex-wife's face.  The woman who had her son shoot the other one was seriously off.  Anyone within a 3 block radius could have called the city for having a leaking sewage system.  Gross.

• Love 7

Everyone has their story.  That's for sure.  It's just still difficult for me to imagine how some of these cult leaders make it.  Even if you aren't scared of them, they would appear comical, in their amateurish spiel.    My family members who bought into what I considered a cult were from good homes and families, lived in nice houses, had good jobs, were social and educated.  But, still, they drank the kool-aid.  Figuratively, that is.   If there had been actually kool-aid, I fear they would have joined in that too.  I do think that some people are just more prone to that kind of thing, despite socio-economic status.  I have no proof of that. JMO.  lol  To me, I think that some people have trouble trusting their inner voice and rely too much on what others say or think.  

• Love 3

I don't know what's wrong with me - I can watch ID shows about murders all day long (and fall asleep with ID on every night), but as soon as a show about cults come on, I cannot get to the remote fast enough because it freaks me out so much.

(In other news, I'm probably one of the last people on the Internet to discover the wonders of Reddit, but man do they have some amazing forums for true crime buffs like us!)

• Love 7
(edited)

Ref. the cults.  I know it's difficult to watch and I have been avoiding it when it involves the abuse of children, but, if anyone is interested, there are airing the show about a polygamist group on Utah over on the LIfetime channel, I think.  It's a series and I caught a little of it recently, though it was a rerun. The new season is starting later this month. I'm not sure if there is a thread about it, but, probably is. 

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/escaping-polygamy

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

I don't know what's wrong with me - I can watch ID shows about murders all day long (and fall asleep with ID on every night), but as soon as a show about cults come on, I cannot get to the remote fast enough because it freaks me out so much.

(In other news, I'm probably one of the last people on the Internet to discover the wonders of Reddit, but man do they have some amazing forums for true crime buffs like us!)

The cult episode last night was fucking disturbing. Those poor women and kids. Thank god they finally nabbed that creep. 

I need to go find those true crime forums on Reddit. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

Can you share a link?  Here or by private message, please.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I need to go find those true crime forums on Reddit. 

18 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Can you share a link?  Here or by private message, please.

The one I'm obsessed with right now is https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/.  It covers tons of fascinating cases I've never heard of before, but also cases that a lot of us are familiar with and interested in because of all our ID/48 Hours/Dateline, etc. watching - like the McStays, Darlie, JonBenet, etc. 

• Love 9
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, Annber03 said:

The cult episode last night was fucking disturbing. Those poor women and kids. Thank god they finally nabbed that creep. 

That was the first I had heard of that cult.  Disturbing indeed.

The other cult show (at least I think it was the other one) took on that weird offshoot of the Moonies that sadly operates out of an area near me - the one where they were blessing guns.  I fear I'll turn the TV on someday to find a stand off with that group, ala Waco.

• Love 3
(edited)

Reasonable Doubt was pretty good last night. I saw most of it. Apparently, the husband was a real jerk, but, not a killer.  My issue is with prosecutors and police who really have no evidence, but, still insist on putting a defendant away for life. How do they sleep at night?  Do you think that eyewitness who recanted after all these years was truthful.  He claimed the police made him sign the statement that he saw the defendant's big rig at the motel. but, he didn't.  I sort of do believe him now.   Plus, I get very suspicious of eyewitness testimony. It's fraught with error, as studies have proved.  People easily get confused over times, dates, faces, etc.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Reasonable Doubt was pretty good last night. I saw most of it. Apparently, the husband was a real jerk, but, not a killer.  My issue is with prosecutors and police who really have no evidence, but, still insist on putting a defendant away for life. How do they sleep at night?  Do you think that eyewitness who recanted after all these years was truthful.  He claimed the police made him sign the statement that he saw the defendant's big rig at the motel. but, he didn't.  I sort of do believe him now.   Plus, I get very suspicious of eyewitness testimony. It's fraught with error, as studies have proved.  People easily get confused over times, dates, faces, etc.  

I agree about eyewitness testimony, but in this case, there is no way to be confused between a cherry picker type truck, which is what the eyewitness said he saw, and a lowboy semi, which was what the accused drove. I don't know anyone who would get those two mixed up. 

• Love 4

Fear Thy Neighbor:

I have to take these shows with a certain grain of salt because the show runners are allowed liberal use of creative license.  However, based on what was shown, I thought the new neighbors from Michigan were clearly the instigators.

The shooter had his home broken into, his tires slashed, his windows broken out, was threatened with a bat.  I fully expected his dog to get killed as well, so thankfully, he wasn’t.  What really gave me pause was when he called the police due to broken windows and he was told if he called 911 again, he would be going to jail.  What!?  If you can’t call police after your windows were broken out, when can you call them? 

• Love 9
(edited)

I agree the neighbors definitely fueled a lot of the issues (the "We don't want you here" type signs? Really? C'mon, how old are we here, people? Grow the hell up). And I too find the police response to all of this odd-I mean, when you've got home break-ins and threats to run down the guy and things of that sort, and it's clear things are getting more and more aggressive and violent, I'd say that's more than enough reason for the police to step in and charge all involved with whatever criminal charges necessary and perhaps find some way to see to it they permanently stay away from each other or things of that sort. I'm honestly amazed they didn't do more. I wonder if appealing to the courts might've helped instead or something? I dunno. 

All of that being said, however, going into the couple's house and shooting the guy point blank, and then heading to the other man's home to continue his shooting spree? Yeah. He deserves to be in jail for that, and he was right to acknowledge that fact during the episode. That is NOT the way to resolve a dispute. It's really disturbing how many of these people on these episodes think shooting each other will solve their problems. Even if they fully believe they're acting in self-defense...they risk putting other innocent neighbors who have nothing to do with the fight in danger, they could wind up hurt or killed themselves, depending on how the neighbors they're fighting with choose to respond...it's just really not worth the risk. At all. 

(I'm also wondering how the hell he was even able to obtain another gun, given the police came in and confiscated the ones he'd owned prior. Clearly the fact they took his guns was a sign that they were concerned about his behavior in this whole mess as well, so... Yeah. Go figure that.)

43 minutes ago, Fable said:

I fully expected his dog to get killed as well, so thankfully, he wasn’t.  

Oh, god, I was bracing myself for that outcome, too. So glad that that part of things didn't end violently, at least. My heart still broke at the whole thing of him having to say goodbye to his dog when he was taken away by the police, though. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 5

I thought Oxygen's programs devoted to Ted Bundy were excellent. The Stranger Beside Me was the first true crime book I ever read. I'm amazed he was able to move state to state without getting caught. I doubt a serial killer could do what he did today thanks to the internet and cable news.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

I doubt a serial killer could do what he did today thanks to the internet and cable news.

Well, let's hope so (shiver).  What he did also changed the way the police share information across jurisdictional lines.  And Interpol and all that.

• Love 5
On 2/11/2018 at 8:58 PM, bubbls said:

I need help with a crime mystery. I’m sure I saw a show on this, but I can’t remember enough details to search. A series of crimes happened in a small midwestern town (I think it’s in the Midwest). I can’t remember if they were murders or assaults. They’ve never been solved. What I AM certain about is some creepy writing found on a barn or old building is thought to be connected. Does this sound familiar to anyone? 

This is likely the case. Arrest just made this Sunday. Eight-year-old April Tinsley. Abducted, raped and murdered in 1988. 

• Love 7

On Fear Thy Neighbor, they left out that Bruce Schunk (the shooter) was intoxicated.  I think the victim was a bully.   He did have a prior arrest for battering a spouse and tampering with a witness.  The charges were dropped, so I guess that was because his wife changed her mind.  I think that was his mugshot the show used at the end.  It seemed like most of the neighbors liked Bruce.   But it seemed like Bruce didn't call the police when it would have made the most sense.  Such as when his house was burglarized or when he was threatened with that bat (there were witnesses to that).  

I was worried about the dog right away because they kept saying how much Bruce loved it.  I'm glad nothing happened to it.

2 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

Arrest just made this Sunday. Eight-year-old April Tinsley

I just saw that about April Tinsley's murder, which happened to be the subject of On the Case with Paula Zahn last night (as an unsolved case).   So glad they caught the creep.

• Love 6