Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

This is likely the case. Arrest just made this Sunday. Eight-year-old April Tinsley. Abducted, raped and murdered in 1988. 

This case aired in ID yesterday, but, I didn't get a chance to watch it.  I'll try to catch it online though. Afterwards, did they announce it was just solved?

5 hours ago, Josette said:

On Fear Thy Neighbor, they left out that Bruce Schunk (the shooter) was intoxicated.  I think the victim was a bully.   He did have a prior arrest for battering a spouse and tampering with a witness.  The charges were dropped, so I guess that was because his wife changed her mind.  I think that was his mugshot the show used at the end.  It seemed like most of the neighbors liked Bruce.   But it seemed like Bruce didn't call the police when it would have made the most sense.  Such as when his house was burglarized or when he was threatened with that bat (there were witnesses to that). 

I was worried about the dog right away because they kept saying how much Bruce loved it.  I'm glad nothing happened to it.

I just saw that about April Tinsley's murder, which happened to be the subject of On the Case with Paula Zahn last night (as an unsolved case).   So glad they caught the creep.

I think that the shooter was pretty honest, which I appreciate. He said he had had enough, he got drunk. He didn't shoot the wife because he didn't have an issue with her. He said he deserved to be where he is, because he killed someone. That is the what happens when good people get pushed to the limit.  I wish neighbors had supported him a bit more when he had the bullies making his life a living hell. If he hadn't felt so alone while being attacked this may not have happened. The victim and his friend were obnoxious bullies who destroyed property and and terrorized neighbors.

• Love 4

I wonder if a lot of neighbors stay back because they don't want to become the next target. They see it happening but do nothing. Granted, most of these Fear Thy Neighbor stories have equally nutters people, but some of them don't.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

This is likely the case. Arrest just made this Sunday. Eight-year-old April Tinsley. Abducted, raped and murdered in 1988. 

Oh, so glad to hear that they finally got somebody for that crime. I just saw that case on "Paula Zahn" last night, too-such a heartbreaking, creepy story. 

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This case aired in ID yesterday, but, I didn't get a chance to watch it.  I'll try to catch it online though. Afterwards, did they announce it was just solved?

They didn't, no, but if the arrest was that recent, they probably didn't get a chance to add that update in in time. Hopefully they'll make note of that in future repeats. 

• Love 2

I just finished the recent Fear Thy Neighbor.  Too bad Bruce didn’t wait for the bully neighbors to approach him on his property..... maybe a Stand Your Ground defense?  Too bad he didn’t go for a temporary insanity plea...he was pushed beyond his limit.  I had sympathy for Bruce.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What was it about? I've seen so many. lol 

Bruce helps his neighbor’s wife by changing out her battery since her car wouldn’t start.  The car required more expensive repairs, so war was waged against Bruce.  Most childish and uninteresting show to date.

Episode S5 E7

This Bullet’s For You

Edited by ButterQueen
40 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Bruce helps his neighbor’s wife by changing out her battery since her car wouldn’t start.  The car required more expensive repairs, so war was waged against Bruce.  Most childish and uninteresting show to date.

Episode S5 E7

This Bullet’s For You

I saw the beginning to that episode, but, when the woman's car wouldn't start, I knew it was going to go downhill and didn't finish it. Sometimes, that show really annoys me and I just can't tolerate it. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I saw the beginning to that episode, but, when the woman's car wouldn't start, I knew it was going to go downhill and didn't finish it. Sometimes, that show really annoys me and I just can't tolerate it. 

Most boring episode yet.

6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, so glad to hear that they finally got somebody for that crime. I just saw that case on "Paula Zahn" last night, too-such a heartbreaking, creepy story. 

They didn't, no, but if the arrest was that recent, they probably didn't get a chance to add that update in in time. Hopefully they'll make note of that in future repeats. 

They're having a press conference tomorrow, I believe. So, it definitely wasn't in time for ID to do anything about an afterword. 

• Love 1

This has probably been addressed earlier (almost 100 pages) but how many people here who watch these shows have been impacted by some violent crime or have someone missing? I had a sibling murdered, and it's something that has affected my life ever since. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, nokat said:

This has probably been addressed earlier (almost 100 pages) but how many people here who watch these shows have been impacted by some violent crime or have someone missing? I had a sibling murdered, and it's something that has affected my life ever since. 

I have had several friends murdered, primarily because of their involvement in drugs and/or prostitution. One murdered due to involvement in BDSM practices. A couple of people shot to death by the cops. Various family members missing over the years. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've never known anyone personally but my mom worked with a woman who was murdered by her ex-husband. Also, my high school English teacher's daughter was murdered by her boyfriend the summer before I was in her class.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 3
(edited)

My former babysitter was murdered by her boyfriend. They were fighting and he stabbed her. He committed suicide in jail. One of my mom's friends father was murdered in when the bar he owned and operated was robbed, and another friend of hers, son-in-law was murdered when the store he worked at was robbed.  

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for sharing. I sometimes feel a bit morbid for watching these shows. The family waiting years to get justice, that is hard to watch. I was lucky I guess that we knew who the murdering mofo was. Not knowing has to be awful.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 6

I have not personally, but I have always enjoyed "solving a mystery" and playing armchair cop/lawyer.  I'm also fascinated by cults, so this all kind of goes hand-in-hand.

I did have a co-worker who had a cousin who died under mysterious circumstances.  She supposedly hung herself, but she was found hanging from a plant hook in the ceiling, wearing a hoodie.  The police said there was no way she could hang herself in that method, and not have the plant hook give way or the shirt rip (she was tiny - skinny - but she couldn't hang herself to the point of death using just a hoodie and a plant hook).  The police labeled it "suspicious" but I don't know if they ever solved it.  I can no longer remember her name, and I haven't worked for that company since 2002, and it would be rude to ask my former co-worker.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, nokat said:

I wasn't born yet, but my mother's father was murdered in the cafe he owned when she was 14, in 1937. He had also been a policeman, and had actually been a first responder when one of the men who assaulted him was shot and seriously wounded by that man's son-in-law. My grandfather was also shot and seriously wounded by the son-in-law. Subsequently, the injured father-in-law and his companion were jailed for a robbery which occurred several years later. The night my grandfather was murdered, the two men, on parole, went on a shooting and robbery rampage through three small towns, which left my grandfather dead and three others seriously wounded. There were many articles written about the shootings as they were considered unparalleled in the Pennsylvania county's history. Our family has found several articles online speaking of it.

My mom's life was forever changed both by her grief and the fact that, since they had lost their provider, she was unable to attend college as her dad had always promised her. She had wanted to become a teacher, but instead wound up attending nursing school, as it cost far less. Each year, as nursing students gained experience, tuition went down as they were used as staffing for the hospital. She did wind up teaching a course for nursing assistants towards the end of her career.

22 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I have had several friends murdered, primarily because of their involvement in drugs and/or prostitution. One murdered due to involvement in BDSM practices. A couple of people shot to death by the cops. Various family members missing over the years. 

Oh, my, that must be difficult! Thoughts and prayers for you.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, nokat said:

Thanks for sharing. I sometimes feel a bit morbid for watching these shows. The family waiting years to get justice, that is hard to watch. I was lucky I guess that we knew who the murdering mofo was. Not knowing has to be awful.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can see how you would feel about shows like this. I personally always like to see the bad guy getting caught.

I used to always think there must be something wrong with me to like such shows, but I've read about several studies showing that this type of thing draws predominantly women, who are not violent nor particularly attracted to violence per se. Some think it is a way of responding to anxiety about the possibility of attack, and I can see that, as I am comforted by the ideas that there are both consequences to acts like these as well as law enforcement looking out, even though some of these shows unfortunately turn out tragically different. Some think it has to do with revenge fantasy and women having been victims of varying sorts of aggression.

However, I also just like a good old plain fiction mystery as well; I'm just wired that way! My mom, whose father was murdered, also was always a fan of shows like Perry Mason and Murder She Wrote. At that time, true crime shows weren't everywhere, but I think she did watch some of them when they came along, too.

On the other hand, I hate things like "V for Vendetta" and "The Punisher" because there is way too much gore and they simply make me very uncomfortable.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, renatae said:

I used to always think there must be something wrong with me to like such shows, but I've read about several studies showing that this type of thing draws predominantly women, who are not violent nor particularly attracted to violence per se. Some think it is a way of responding to anxiety about the possibility of attack, and I can see that, as I am comforted by the ideas that there are both consequences to acts like these as well as law enforcement looking out, even though some of these shows unfortunately turn out tragically different. Some think it has to do with revenge fantasy and women having been victims of varying sorts of aggression. However, I also just like a good old plain fiction mystery as well, I'm just wired that way!

I think all of these are very valid reasons for why women watch these shows. I do love it when I see stories where there are dedicated law enforcement officials who genuinely care about their job and doing right by the book, and who do not give up on cases, no matter how long it takes. And when there's stories about police who've gone bad and corrupt, it's a good reminder for us to keep alert to the fact this stuff happens, and we need to pay attention and try and fight it where we can, and support those who try and fight it, too.

For me, my biggest reason why I watch these kinds of shows is because I want to know what drives people to do such horrible things, the "why" of it all. Most of the time, the motives are as old as time and pretty obvious, yes. But every so often, there's a crime so especially heinous, so inexplicable in its cruelty, that it doesn't feel like any of the usual motives make any sort of sense or properly explain it. And it's those cases that intrigue me most, seeing just how dark some people can go and be. I think wanting to learn about those cases also helps me confront some of my fears of knowing there are people that deeply disturbed and awful out there. Because when they get caught, it's a reminder that good can still win out in the end. To some degree, anyway. 

And then there's also the stories about the "perfect" families and couples that aren't so perfect, and those stories interest me, too, because I see how much pressure these people build up in trying to create and keep that illusion, and how, sometimes, some of them look down on people who don't live the life they do only to have that arrogance and judgmental attitude come back to bite them. It's both sad and an interesting study in how people shouldn't automatically make assumptions about others, no matter how "perfect" or not their lives may be. 

Plus, it's also interesting to see how the victims and their loved ones manage to move on (or struggle to move on) in the wake of such tragedy. You just want them to find the peace and comfort they deserve, and feel for them. And it can make one wonder how they'd respond in a similar situation, too. 

So yeah. That's what draws me to these stories. 

Also, I want to extend sympathies and condolences to everyone here sharing personal stories of losing people they or those close to them know to various crimes. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Over 30 years ago, I had a co-worker whose former boyfriend murdered a woman he met at a bar and left her in a park.   I also worked with a couple whose daughter was murdered by a serial killer. Both of these cases were high profile in my area at the time of the murders. 

Edited by Sammich
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sammich said:

Over 30 years ago, I had a co-worker whose former boyfriend murdered a woman he met at a bar and left her in a park.   I also worked with a couple whose daughter was murdered by a serial killer. Both of these cases were high profile in my area at the time of the murders. 

My goodness....that's horrible. Most of the ones featured on tv from my area, I know the attorneys and detectives, but, not the parties.

There are many murder victims and murderers that I know personally, but, only a couple of those have been featured on tv. That's why I'm considering a book about them.  They range from the 1960's until a couple of months ago. I'm almost afraid to get an exact number. 

• Love 1

The only connection of sorts I could think of that I have in relation to a crime is that my best friend's mom worked in our local police force back when Jodi Huisentruit went missing. She's pretty well convinced that some of the officers know more about that disappearance than they're letting on. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

The only connection of sorts I could think of that I have in relation to a crime is that my best friend's mom worked in our local police force back when Jodi Huisentruit went missing. She's pretty well convinced that some of the officers know more about that disappearance than they're letting on. 

That's kind of scary. In what way? As in, they are covering something up, or that they are keeping things quiet in order not to give away the fact that there is more evidence than assumed?

• Love 2

Cover up, mainly. One of the more popular theories in my town is that Jodi might've found out about something shady some people were doing or something to that effect (and knowing the type of crime we have here, it was probably something drug-related), and since she was a news reporter, naturally she would be investigating and reporting on that. And either some officers might've been in on the shady stuff, or at the very least, knew the people who were doing the shady stuff, and wanted to protect them. 

Add in this strange development in the case a few years back...

In early June 2008, photocopies of the 84 pages of Huisentruit's personal journal were anonymously mailed to a local newspaper.[19] The Mason City Globe Gazettereceived the material in a large envelope with no return address and a June 4 postmark from Waterloo, Iowa. The original journal has been in the possession of law enforcement since the investigation of Huisentruit's disappearance began.[20] Within days, Mason City Police reported that the sender had come forward and then identified her as the wife of the former Mason City Police Chief. Although noting that the former chief had taken a copy of the journal home when he left office, the police gave no motive for his wife sending the copy to the newspaper.

(quoted from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodi_Huisentruit)

and that just adds to the suspicion. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Thank you and that was an interesting read. There is so much anger left, that I feel a bit of relief to see people go to prison. I try to let go of the anger, like some people do, but I'm not that good

Edited by nokat
  • Love 3

A pregnant mother and her 4 year old son were murdered in my neighborhood when I was a young girl and the man who did it had previously came around the neighborhood knocking on doors pretending to be handing out flyers for the new daycare center going in up the road. Luckily I had been taught to never answer the door to strangers. Then as an adult I was a juror on a murder trial whose case was featured on Unusual Suspects. I’ve always been fascinated with true crime. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, carpedi7 said:

A pregnant mother and her 4 year old son were murdered in my neighborhood when I was a young girl and the man who did it had previously came around the neighborhood knocking on doors pretending to be handing out flyers for the new daycare center going in up the road. 

...okay, that's horrifying. 

• Love 6

I remember two other cases where I knew someone who knew either the victim(s) or the murderer.  My stepsister was married to a guy who murdered a young teen in Michigan.  The case has been featured on many crime shows.  He picked her up near a Dairy Queen. I never met the guy, but my stepsister and the guy/husband both knew the girl since she was a friend of the family .   I didn't grow up with this stepsister as her mom & my dad married when we were older. 

The other case happened when Ted Bundy was in Tallahassee.  My former apartment neighbor was very good friends with two of the girls in the FSU sorority house who were brutally murdered by Bundy.  My friend/neighbor was supposed to visit the two girls that weekend, but she got called into work and couldn't make it.   She was especially close to Lisa Levy, who had the worst injuries.  She could never bring herself to even talk about this.  She was so close to having her life ended that weekend, and that is truly horrifying to me. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I babysat a little girl. She ad been raped in her late teens and had a child. A few years later she met a man at her work and had a child with him. They were living together it turned out he was a horrifically, controlling, abusive asshole. She was trying to leave apparently he figured it out and beat her to death with an iron. 

Then he wanted to split up the kids by placing his daughter with his parents and didn't care what happened to her son. Thankfully her parents were able to get custody of both children.

Edited by badhaggis
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, badhaggis said:

I had babysat a little girl. She ad been raped in her late teens and had a child. A few years later she met a man at her work and had a child with him. They were living together it turned out he was a horrifically, controlling, abusive asshole. She was trying to leave apparently he figured it out and beat her to death with an iron. 

Then he wanted to split up the kids by placing his daughter with his parents and didn't care what happened to her son. Thankfully her parents were able to get custody of both children.

That's horrible. That poor woman. Her poor kids.

• Love 7

The last several posts have my hair standing on end. Oh, my. Especially the Ted Bundy thing. That's also very strange about Jodi's case and the forwarding of her journal. Sad cases, all.

• Love 4

Young women really get to me, because they usually die at the hands of a man who claims to love them. My friend who died during a BDSM "scene" was like that. She was a lonely girl who was treated horribly because she was very overweight. She was desperate for love. She met this creep who claimed to love her even though he was married. He convinced her to let him abuse her during sex. One night, he tied her up, put a plastic bag over her head and watched her die. She was 27. He was only convicted of second degree murder. 

My other two female friends who were murdered went unsolved, but I know who killed one of them. She supported her cocaine habit via prostitution. She traded this dealer sex for drugs. One night, he used her to set someone up to be robbed. He didn't tell her his plans, but asked her to call a friend who often had money to see if he wanted drugs. When this other guy agreed to come over, this john/dealer tied her up and threw her in a closet. He and his friends then beat and robbed the guy. 

I wasn't hanging out with her, because I didn't want to be around her lifestyle, but she would call and talk to me on occasion. After the robbery, she was terrified. She was moving out of her apartment to hide from them. She asked me to bring her a telephone cord so she could call for help if needed. 

When I took her the cord, she told me that she had agreed to let these guys come over that night to try to work it out. I left. 

The next day, I was watching the 2000 Summer Olympics. A news break came on. Her body was being wheeled out of her apartment in a body bag. Her brother was screaming and crying in the parking lot. 

She had been shot sometime after I left the previous night. Her body was left for her sons, ages 5 and 14, to find. 

I never heard from the police. Her brother knew who her associates were, and her family knew why she was running. If they weren't going to tell the cops, I sure wasn't going to risk my family to do so. These guys had already shot a woman--a woman whom one of them regularly had sex with--while her children were sleeping in the next room. I don't think they were ever arrested. At least, I never saw it reported in the news. I hope street justice found them if the cops didn't. 

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

I wasn't hanging out with her, because I didn't want to be around her lifestyle, but she would call and talk to me on occasion. After the robbery, she was terrified. She was moving out of her apartment to hide from them. She asked me to bring her a telephone cord so she could call for help if needed. 

When I took her the cord, she told me that she had agreed to let these guys come over that night to try to work it out. I left. 

The next day, I was watching the 2000 Summer Olympics. A news break came on. Her body was being wheeled out of her apartment in a body bag. Her brother was screaming and crying in the parking lot. 

She had been shot sometime after I left the previous night. Her body was left for her sons, ages 5 and 14, to find.

Oh, Jesus Christ. I'm so sorry. 

There are a disturbingly high amount of stories here involving children losing their parents to violence :(. I hope these kids are in a safer place now, too, like the children in the story @badhaggis shared are. And I too hope that these creeps were caught, and that her family has found justice. Or if it hasn't happened yet, I hope it happens very soon. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 8
On 7/17/2018 at 8:10 AM, nokat said:

I've always loved reading/watching true crime stuff, but it definitely changes your perspective when it happens to someone you love.  My uncle was murdered in 2009, and ever since then I've felt a strong connection to the case of Tom and Jackie Hawks.  They were the couple who were tied up and thrown overboard on their boat by some worthless scumbags who wanted to steal it.  My uncle was killed in a similar situation, so that case always gets to me.

My condolences on the loss of your sibling, and also to the other posters who shared their stories.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:54 PM, Annber03 said:

That is one case that has always stuck with me for some reason!  No matter how many times I've seen the episode of 20/20 that they repeat on ID all the time, I still stop and watch it.  Like I'm hoping somehow there will be an update at the end that they've solved it, even though I know they haven't.  I do remember reading something on Reddit the other day, though, that the police had executed search warrants on the cars of the older guy who clearly wanted more than friendship with Jodi (the one who says she was at his house the night before she disappeared, watching a video he'd made of her birthday party).  

Found the article: Police serve search warrant connected to Jodi Huisentruit cold case

• Love 8

What I don't understand is a man "punishing" his ex by killing his own kids. Take away both parents. That is probably the epitome of evil.

2 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

I've always loved reading/watching true crime stuff, but it definitely changes your perspective when it happens to someone you love.  My uncle was murdered in 2009, and ever since then I've felt a strong connection to the case of Tom and Jackie Hawks.  They were the couple who were tied up and thrown overboard on their boat by some worthless scumbags who wanted to steal it.  My uncle was killed in a similar situation, so that case always gets to me.

My condolences on the loss of your sibling, and also to the other posters who shared their stories.

That is one case that has always stuck with me for some reason!  No matter how many times I've seen the episode of 20/20 that they repeat on ID all the time, I still stop and watch it.  Like I'm hoping somehow there will be an update at the end that they've solved it, even though I know they haven't.  I do remember reading something on Reddit the other day, though, that the police had executed search warrants on the cars of the older guy who clearly wanted more than friendship with Jodi (the one who says she was at his house the night before she disappeared, watching a video he'd made of her birthday party). 

Found the article: Police serve search warrant connected to Jodi Huisentruit cold case

Tara, my condolences. What happened to your uncle and the Hawks was awful.

• Love 9
(edited)

There are some people who just can't seem to escape terror.  I saw this recent episode of Dead On Arrival on ID where this young woman from Ohio dreams of being a ballet star. (Her family is well respected in the community, dad director of band at Ohio state university.)  Her family is not supportive, but, nonetheless, she quits high school and moves in with a male roommate in NYC, before even meeting the guy!  After she arrived, the male roommate raped her the same night! She reported it to police and returned home devastated. She declined to return to NYC to prosecute.

Soon, she meets a young man in her Ohio hometown and they move to NYC.  She's now 18 and her parents move her in her new apt and then she lets her new boyfriend live with her.  She can't make ends meet waiting tables so, she gets a job at a strip club which pays the bills. She then meet as new man.  She breaks up with old boyfriend, but lets him continue to live with her.  Then, she goes out alone and gets drugged by a stranger in a bar, ends up in the hospital!  Her latest boyfriend tells her dad she's a stripper, because he hates that, she gets mad and breaks up with him.  She then fluctuates between the two men until the most recent boyfriend finally stabs her to death!  Talk about bizarre.  Her name was Catherine Woods. 

https://nypost.com/2006/01/10/why-i-killed-stripper-beauty-boyfriends-secret-murder-diary/

I couldn't understand why she didn't have more of an interest in studying at a school.  She took some classes, but, she didn't seem to have a plan or any real touch with reality for someone who's dream was to dance. They said she loved ballet and wanted to appear on Broadway.  Are ballets on Broadway>

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Is anyone watching In Defense Of on Oxygen? I've been bored with ID and was poking around over on that channel. It's interviews with the attorneys who defended some of the most infamous criminals. The only one I've seen the whole way through was Ted Bundy's defense attorney. I started the one on Timothy McVeigh. It was really fascinating to hear their attorneys' take on things, especially since the attorney-client privilege is waived once the defendant dies. Anyway, it's a very different perspective on the stories that have been covered ad nauseam. I recorded the one about Jodi Arias but haven't watched it yet.

• Love 5

I narrowly avoided being a crime victim and still think about it sometimes. Years ago when I lived in an apartment in Milwaukee, a man knocked on my door late at night. He claimed to be a neighbor who needed to use the phone for an emergency (before cell phones). I wouldn't let him in. The next morning I thought I heard a scream but I couldn't tell where it was coming from or if it was a TV. 

A couple days later the police came to my door. The man had talked his way into another woman's apartment and raped and tortured her for two days. He finally left and she lived but it was a very scary situation. It could have been me. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I narrowly avoided being a crime victim and still think about it sometimes. Years ago when I lived in an apartment in Milwaukee, a man knocked on my door late at night. He claimed to be a neighbor who needed to use the phone for an emergency (before cell phones). I wouldn't let him in. The next morning I thought I heard a scream but I couldn't tell where it was coming from or if it was a TV. 

A couple days later the police came to my door. The man had talked his way into another woman's apartment and raped and tortured her for two days. He finally left and she lived but it was a very scary situation. It could have been me. 

Lucky lady!  Good for you not letting him in (or anyone).

• Love 8
On 7/21/2018 at 9:42 AM, tobeannounced said:

Is anyone watching In Defense Of on Oxygen? I've been bored with ID and was poking around over on that channel. It's interviews with the attorneys who defended some of the most infamous criminals. The only one I've seen the whole way through was Ted Bundy's defense attorney. I started the one on Timothy McVeigh. It was really fascinating to hear their attorneys' take on things, especially since the attorney-client privilege is waived once the defendant dies. 

I watched the McVeigh and Bundy ones, not interested in Arias.
Oxygen has several good ones, including It Takes a Killer, Buried in the Backyard, and Price of Duty.
Here's their list.
https://www.bustle.com/p/oxygens-10-new-true-crime-shows-will-make-you-never-want-to-leave-your-couch-again-8748341

• Love 6

I was maid of honor at my best friend's wedding in Indiana in the early 80's.  She divorced not long after, and a couple years later, the police came to her door for info on her ex.  Turns out he had stabbed his then-girlfriend to death, left her body in her bathtub & left town in her car.  He was arrested in New York within a few days, and later convicted.

And that is my way of saying "hi, everyone!"  Been a TWOP/PreTV reader for a few years but just found this thread a couple months ago.  You are my people!! lol

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I was maid of honor at my best friend's wedding in Indiana in the early 80's.  She divorced not long after, and a couple years later, the police came to her door for info on her ex.  Turns out he had stabbed his then-girlfriend to death, left her body in her bathtub & left town in her car.  He was arrested in New York within a few days, and later convicted.

And that is my way of saying "hi, everyone!"  Been a TWOP/PreTV reader for a few years but just found this thread a couple months ago.  You are my people!! lol

OMG, GeorgiaRai, that's incredible! Good for your best friend that she got away from him before he turned violent.  Man, that's scary.  

WELCOME to this thread. It's super amusing and just right for the true crime buff.   I'll look forward to seeing you around. 

• Love 5

Welcome, @GeorgiaRai! And damn, what a story to introduce yourself with! Yeah. Very glad your friend got away when she did, and very glad the police were able to eventually nab the creep for his crime, too. I hope your friend's doing well. 

• Love 6

Watching Dark minds on prime with boo one day. The annoying phelps man(complete with "highlights" in his hair) and he says "Who thinks they will be mudered by a serial killer." 

I raise hand. "Me." that sums up my obsession with True Crime. lol

I was attacked and nearly raped a few years ago. I was drunk and fighting with my ex. he had taken my phone. I walked to a pay phone and this young guy tried

to talk to me. It was late , he was in front of the bar by the payphone. I brushed him off and went back to my ex's yard. I came to with this guy in front of me in a dark yard by myself. I instantly sobered up and tried to run. He grabbed me, put his hand down my pants. We struggled but he was stronger. It was a guy who randomly came out to his car that scared him off.

Its scary being a woman.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, lamujerdecente said:

Watching Dark minds on prime with boo one day. The annoying phelps man(complete with "highlights" in his hair) and he says "Who thinks they will be mudered by a serial killer." 

I raise hand. "Me." that sums up my obsession with True Crime. lol

I was attacked and nearly raped a few years ago. I was drunk and fighting with my ex. he had taken my phone. I walked to a pay phone and this young guy tried

to talk to me. It was late , he was in front of the bar by the payphone. I brushed him off and went back to my ex's yard. I came to with this guy in front of me in a dark yard by myself. I instantly sobered up and tried to run. He grabbed me, put his hand down my pants. We struggled but he was stronger. It was a guy who randomly came out to his car that scared him off.

Its scary being a woman.

Oh yes to the boldface above.   It's possible and I don't think that I'm immune either. 

That's a very scary story about your experience.  Thank goodness you were saved!  I can't imagine. 

Did anyone see Reasonable Doubt last night? It was pretty amusing. It's unfortunate that most of these family members of convicted murderers are completely opposed to accepting certain facts about the case.  Last night the inmate's brother absolutely refused to accept that his brother may be guilty of killing his young wife. Nothing would convince the man.  I'm not sure if his brother confessed, that he would accept it.  I know you might have family love and all that, but, if my brother murdered someone, then, I need to accept it.  I've lost patience in these closed minded people.  

I agreed with the Investigator and Attorney's opinion.  There is physical evidence that points to murder.  Inmate was the only person there. His story of what he did when he discovered wife in the tub makes no sense and contradicts the evidence.  After the prison interview, I got why the guy never took the stand at his trials.  He's terrible at explaining what he did and why.  He would HURT his own case.  The jury person interviewed seemed to feel very confident that the guy was guilty.  I'm not sure I buy his reasoning.......NOW, if the guy gets a new trial, they will be able to use that television interview against him....which will hurt, his case, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5