Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I haven't seen reasonable doubt. Our cable is still being worked on. Is it worth it?

I won't watch the more famous ones because I am sick of the usual suspects they feature.

My child a teen doesn't understand why I worry if she's a second late. I have it drilled into her and my hubbie to always call me if they are going to late or I am at the police station. I am not paranoid. No. Not at all. lol

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lamujerdecente said:

I haven't seen reasonable doubt. Our cable is still being worked on. Is it worth it?

I won't watch the more famous ones because I am sick of the usual suspects they feature.

My child a teen doesn't understand why I worry if she's a second late. I have it drilled into her and my hubbie to always call me if they are going to late or I am at the police station. I am not paranoid. No. Not at all. lol

I happen to really like Reasonable Doubt. It's probably my favorite true crime show right now. I can only speak for myself. They feature cases that I have never heard about.  I like it, because, I think that the investigator and the attorney are both straight shooters and very open minded.  I think I have disagreed with their assessment, maybe once, and I think that was last season when there was a different attorney on the team. 

As long as you have cable, I think you can watch it on the ID channel website On Demand or on the cable company's website On Demand.  Here's a link for their website.  You can sample it there.

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/reasonable-doubt/

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone see Reasonable Doubt last night? It was pretty amusing. It's unfortunate that most of these family members of convicted murderers are completely opposed to accepting certain facts about the case.  Last night the inmate's brother absolutely refused to accept that his brother may be guilty of killing his young wife. Nothing would convince the man.  I'm not sure if his brother confessed, that he would accept it.  I know you might have family love and all that, but, if my brother murdered someone, then, I need to accept it.  I've lost patience in these closed minded people.  

There was a re-run over the weekend that I had seen before and it was like that.  Kid kills his dad and tries to kill his mom, but she lives.  She tells police before going in to surgery that her son did this to her.  When she comes to a while later (a long time - she had major surgery and I think was in a coma), and realizes her husband didn't make it, she is suddenly adamant that her son had nothing to do with this.  And on the surface it appears she may be right, but then they gather a ton of evidence against him, like video of his car leaving college when he swears he never left, and they find his EZ Pass is hidden in the car, so he doesn't trip the sensor that his car went through, but they find his DNA on a toll ticket.  They also find out he forged his dad's name on a bunch of documents to take out lines of credit, and his dad threatened legal action against him (I think dad was a lawyer).  There is just a mountain of stuff against this guy (there was no forced entry and nothing stolen, and they find out that the house alarm was turned off using the code that only family would know - he smashes the alarm system in an effort to hide that, but it records it anyway).  His mom still steadfastly refuses to believe her kid had anything to do with this, and says it's a mafia hit.  My sympathy goes out to her, but at what point do you accept that it's pretty hard to deny her kid did it.  What I found the saddest is that the way he hurt his dad, part of his brain that controls instinct continued to function for some time, so he was on autopilot.  He made breakfast, and got dressed for work.  He went outside and grabbed the morning paper and locked himself out of the house.  He let himself back in using the hidden spare key.  Then he died after getting back inside because his blood loss was too great.  So sad.

• Love 12

I like Reasonable Doubt, but some of the leads they pursue are fairly subjective.  In this instance, his friends didn’t think he could/would kill his wife, and the jury member was convinced he had based mostly on his demeanor.  I am more interested when they look into forensics or direct evidence.   I thought his interview with Chris seemed a little shifty, but the fact that he never took the stand at trial was a non-issue, most defendants don’t. 

• Love 4

I'm not big on demeanor being a big factor either.  There are too many criminals who can lie very well and feign emotions that are not real.  I really like to look at the evidence AND listen to the 911 call.  That is what really trips up a lot of killers, imo.  They don't realize how there are subtle ques in their voice and content of their call that gives them away.  I've only heard one guilty caller who did a great job at that.  The guy last night had a problem 911 call, imo.  All those details he gave that sounded rehearsed, imo.  Plus, I've read a lot about what to look for with truthful 911 calls. You can't base everything on it, but, I think it's a good place to start. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Fable said:

I like Reasonable Doubt, but some of the leads they pursue are fairly subjective.  In this instance, his friends didn’t think he could/would kill his wife, and the jury member was convinced he had based mostly on his demeanor.  I am more interested when they look into forensics or direct evidence.   I thought his interview with Chris seemed a little shifty, but the fact that he never took the stand at trial was a non-issue, most defendants don’t. 

Yeah, it really is. Most don't and their lawyers really counsel them against taking the stand because its a big risk. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not big on demeanor being a big factor either.  There are too many criminals who can lie very well and feign emotions that are not real.  I really like to look at the evidence AND listen to the 911 call.  That is what really trips up a lot of killers, imo.  They don't realize how there are subtle ques in their voice and content of their call that gives them away.  I've only heard one guilty caller who did a great job at that.  The guy last night had a problem 911 call, imo.  All those details he gave that sounded rehearsed, imo.  Plus, I've read a lot about what to look for with truthful 911 calls. You can't base everything on it, but, I think it's a good place to start. 

Yes, that annoys me when they try to nail someone strictly "because they didn't act like a grieving widow" (or whatever).  That alone doesn't prove anything.  People grieve differently, act differently, etc.

• Love 8
On 7/20/2018 at 1:42 AM, azshadowwalker said:

Young women really get to me, because they usually die at the hands of a man who claims to love them. My friend who died during a BDSM "scene" was like that. She was a lonely girl who was treated horribly because she was very overweight. She was desperate for love. She met this creep who claimed to love her even though he was married. He convinced her to let him abuse her during sex. One night, he tied her up, put a plastic bag over her head and watched her die. She was 27. He was only convicted of second degree murder. 

How terrible to have lost three friends to murder! My condolences.

Stories like this make me wonder at the success of books like 50 Shades of Grey. How women find this fantasy romantic is beyond me.

I had a experience once, in of all places, a children's hospital. I was on my way to my son's room when I passed a pair of cleaning guys. One of them looked at me with an expression of pure hatred, despite the fact that I'd never seen him before. Later in the day, I had gone to the restroom, and on my way back from there, I noticed this guy following me. I sped up and went past my son's room, not wanting him to corner me there. I headed for a cross hallway, hoping I would lose him as he fell behind. As soon as I was in the hallway, I found it was a short dead end. Realizing what I'd done to myself, I turned quickly to head back out of it, and there he was, headed right for me. I startled him by being headed out, and I looked him straight in the eye as I whizzed past him and headed for the nurse's station, as I should have done in the beginning. At that point, he turned and went back the way he came. I don't know what he thought he could do in a busy place like that, but he was huge, about six foot six and built like a linebacker. Don't know why he looked at me in such a hateful way, either, but thank God I never saw him again.

• Love 7
On 7/18/2018 at 11:53 PM, carpedi7 said:

A pregnant mother and her 4 year old son were murdered in my neighborhood when I was a young girl and the man who did it had previously came around the neighborhood knocking on doors pretending to be handing out flyers for the new daycare center going in up the road. Luckily I had been taught to never answer the door to strangers. Then as an adult I was a juror on a murder trial whose case was featured on Unusual Suspects. I’ve always been fascinated with true crime. 

That's so sad!

When I first moved into our new suburban neighborhood, a man came to the door asking how many school age children we had. I asked him why he wanted to know, and he said he was selling encyclopedias. He was waving around a paper which turned out to be a sketch of our neighborhood, with all the streets and houses filled in, some with names! I suppose he was going to use other neighbor's names as "references," as in so and so bought x number of copies. But I wasn't about to let it go at that and called the police and other parents in the neighborhood. He didn't come back that I know of. The person who answered the police line thought it was suspicious, and I think it turned out he didn't have a solicitation permit.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

You know what makes me sad?  When a show I like has a NEW episode, but 5 minutes in, I recognize it from being covered by a different show.  Sigh.

Sad to say that there are so many murders that all of the shows should have plenty to cover. ID is the worst about this though. They have their series and now they’ve started to have these one-offs that cover the same murder. On my tv, the shows are just words on a blue background like “desire turned deadly” or “murder on bay creek bridge”.  The worst was when I taped one of these and it was the same exact show I’d already seen, just with a new title. Same people in the same clothes. One looked like a supervisor of mine so I remembered her. 

I got into true crime through my mom telling me about different cases when I was about 11 or so. She always stressed the getting justice part and how criminals are caught rather than the salaciousness. I guess she didn’t have anyone else to talk them with. 

Recently my 14 yo old was talking about going off to college when it’s time. She said she would call me every morning & night so I wouldn’t have to worry that she was dead and/or call her repeatedly during the day. I thought it was sweet, although I know I will still always worry. I talk to my girls about cases—although I always stress safety tips. They usually roll their eyes but I hope some of it is sinking in. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 8

After seeing tobeannounced's post about "In Defense Of" I watched the one on Jodi Arias. It was nice to see Nurmi claim he did not propose nor like the self defense and pedophile allegations and that they were all Jodi's idea.

I had to laugh at Jim Clemente, the FBI profiler when he said he thought Jodi was the victor over Juan during her testimony because she remained calm and had comebacks. Not to me. I think just about everyone saw through her extreme arrogance and baiting behavior and she showed she had no intention of being anyone's victim. Lord help me, I can't stand her. What a colossal bish.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, renatae said:

After seeing tobeannounced's post about "In Defense Of" I watched the one on Jodi Arias. It was nice to see Nurmi claim he did not propose nor like the self defense and pedophile allegations and that they were all Jodi's idea.

I had to laugh at Jim Clemente, the FBI profiler when he said he thought Jodi was the victor over Juan during her testimony because she remained calm and had comebacks. Not to me. I think just about everyone saw through her extreme arrogance and baiting behavior and she showed she had no intention of being anyone's victim. Lord help me, I can't stand her. What a colossal bish.

Agreed....and Juan is my hero!  ❤️

• Love 5
(edited)

I haven't been affected directly by violence or murder, well, a co-worker murdered his wife, but, that is a different story.

I was watching Snapped one day and low and behold it was about my cousin!  She shot and killed her husband in his car as he came home from work and set up some elaborate story about being attacked by random men and when she came to she found her husband dead.  She was also quite shocked that the County Commissioner Daddy couldn't get her out of it, as was he.  They were both shocked I tell you just shocked that she was found guilty and actually had to serve time!

She is like a 3rd or 4th cousin and I moved away after high school, but, still, it was quite a shock.

Edited by tiftgirl
shocker and shocked are two different things
  • Love 6
(edited)

My late aunt shot her husband back when I was little. Didn't kill him, but he lost an eye, and walked funny afterward. She married him as a rebellious teenager wanting to leave home, and quickly found herself with a baby, pregnant again, and with a husband who was a mean drunk who cheated on her and then slapped her around for complaining. One night, she'd had it after the latest fight ended with him saying, "What are you gonna do about it?" She waited until he fell asleep and shot him. She spent a year in prison because she was a minor, and another aunt raised the second baby. Her husband was waiting for her when she got out - to whisk her off on a second honeymoon! Neither was none too bright.

ETA: I don't whether it's more funny or pathetic that she only got a year because she was a pregnant minor and it was her first offense. This was over 50 years ago.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 7
(edited)

Have been watching all the Forensic Files again on Netflix and some parents of these criminals are amazingly naive. Case in point is the son of the wealthy family in Sugarland Texas(Whittiker?) who took his parent's tuition money never enrolled in college, partied with it and then when he got caught, hired a friend to murder his family and shoot him in the arm. Mom and brother died but dad survived and didn't believe his son did it and supported him. WTF? He shoots your wife and son, lied to you about enrolling in college and graduating with honors and tries to have you killed? Not to mention the parents found out about a similar murder for hire plot against them two years prior. Dude!

Also the story about the son who attacked his father and mother with an ax(for money) and somehow the mom survived and told the EMT's her son did it. Then when she got out of the hospital she stands by her son and believes he wasn't the killer-even though there's forensic evidence! I love my family but if one of them tried to kill me I definitely wouldn't be standing up in court.  Finally, if spouse buys a life insurance policy on you, leave immediately. 

Edited by Tardislass
  • Love 12
On 7/27/2018 at 2:40 AM, Jaded said:

Has anyone else seen the commercials for a new show called Pink Collar Crimes that starts on CBS this weekend?

Watched this. I thought the women was very smug. Kept saying "I am NOT a soccer mom."  

She got out or her 3 year 8 month sentence and got a job with her mom and got remarried. Really no consequences that stuck with her. SMH

• Love 6

Okay.  This recent Fear Thy Neighbor was all twisted up. It seemed as if most of the talking heads, including the killer's family members, blamed the dead man. The victim was in his own home when the neighbor started shooting at him.  The shooter was the new neighbor who moved in.  He didn't take care of his lawn, left junk all over the yard, including 5 cars that he was working on and generally had no regard for the appearance of his place.  So, the tidy neighbor next door, VOLUNTEERED to cut his lawn, but, the new guy refused.  Told him not to worry about it. Eventually, tidy neighbor reports him to the city and the guy gets multiple fines for code violations.  And, eventually, there is a retraining order so that junky guy has to move out of his house, only, he returns and shoots tidy neighbor through his window at night. Tidy neighbor runs for his life and junky neighbor continues to shoot until he drops in the back yard.  I'm still not sure why it was tidy neighbor's fault. But, they did charge junky neighbor and he is in prison for a very long time. 

Did anyone know why no one in the neighborhood called police to report all those gun shots?  The dead man's body wasn't discovered until his wife got home the next morning.  I found that odd.  Maybe, they were afraid to report it. 

• Love 7
(edited)
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone know why no one in the neighborhood called police to report all those gun shots?  The dead man's body wasn't discovered until his wife got home the next morning.  I found that odd.  Maybe, they were afraid to report it. 

The shooter used a silencer.

9 hours ago, Midnight Sun said:

And, damn, she's aged, as have I, but at least I'm not a conniving murderous whore, so there's that.

Shouldn't that read : "but at least I'm not a conniving murderous whore ... YET" ?   ;-D

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

The shooter used a silencer.

Okay. Makes sense.  

Well, he knew they would realize it was him, since he had hung up banners that the tidy neighbor would be silenced by death, so, at some point, he just decided that it was worth going to prison for life to kill the guy.  I really saw nothing redeeming about the shooter and I think his condoning relatives are delusional. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

I agree that the latest episode of Fear Thy Neighbor was weird. Sure, David was obnoxious about Mark's yard, but Mark seemed like an asshole right from the start. I would hate to live next to a hoarder and I'm not even that neat! Mark's family didn't acknowledge his mental health issues at all and just blamed David for his mostly legit complaints.

• Love 10

What in the hell? Don't tell me, she fell down the stairs, right? God I hate that guy, he is beyond guilty. Hey, is the new netflix documentary on him worth watching? I have seen so many, I am not sure I can stomach one more.  Advise guys, thanks! 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

What in the hell? Don't tell me, she fell down the stairs, right? God I hate that guy, he is beyond guilty. Hey, is the new netflix documentary on him worth watching? I have seen so many, I am not sure I can stomach one more.  Advise guys, thanks! 

I saw that story about Freda Black.  She was only in her 50's.  I think I have read that she has had trouble over the years, but, I had not read that she was seriously ill.  NOW, if she was found dead at the bottom of a staircase.....!!!!!    There's a big story here. 

• Love 3

Some of the victims in the Forensic Files are so sad, like the mentally challenged woman who was thrown off a cliff by her "friends". Then there are others, like the school teacher who was killed "accidentally" by his wife with a gun on his pillow. The victim had told his ex-wife he thought his wife may have killed her former husband, killed in almost the exact same way. He made an audio tape about his suspicions and threw away pills his wife gave him because he thought they were poised. YET, he has a loaded gun in his nightstand where she can get to it?! Just nutty.

Anyone who thinks women aren't as cold-hearted as men hasn't watched the show.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Tardislass said:

Anyone who thinks women aren't as cold-hearted as men hasn't watched the show.

So true. I've seen some pretty vicious and terrifying women featured on "Deadly Women" as well. 

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, Tardislass said:

Also the story about the son who attacked his father and mother with an ax(for money) and somehow the mom survived and told the EMT's her son did it. Then when she got out of the hospital she stands by her son and believes he wasn't the killer-even though there's forensic evidence! I love my family but if one of them tried to kill me I definitely wouldn't be standing up in court.  Finally, if spouse buys a life insurance policy on you, leave immediately. 

I think that's the one I posted about recently, but I saw it on ID.  Did they find the kid's DNA on a toll ticket, and his EZ Pass hidden in the car, so as not to trigger that he went through the gate?  And he signed for lines of credit forging his dad's name?  They found e-mails from the dad saying he was going to prosecute the kid.  I just don't understand how his mom can still say that he had nothing to do with it. Denial is powerful, but....sheesh.

• Love 7
(edited)

I get how you might love your adult child, but, when they are a cold blooded killer, it's just so disrespectful to the victim that they killed to deny their guilt, especially, if they killed an immediate family member.  At some point, you need to face reality.  You can still love the killer behind bars, but, living with denying the truth is just insulting.  It seems that there are some parents who are under a spell with their adult children and they buy anything they say, no matter how outlandish.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I think that's the one I posted about recently, but I saw it on ID.  Did they find the kid's DNA on a toll ticket, and his EZ Pass hidden in the car, so as not to trigger that he went through the gate?  And he signed for lines of credit forging his dad's name?  They found e-mails from the dad saying he was going to prosecute the kid.  I just don't understand how his mom can still say that he had nothing to do with it. Denial is powerful, but....sheesh.

Yes, I think hat was it. The father knew what the son was doing but he used his key to get in house and bludgeoned both of them. Even though her face was damaged, mom managed to tell EMT's that she thought killer was son. However, when the trial came, she defended him. Just odd.

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I get how you might love your adult child, but, when they are a cold blooded killer, it's just so disrespectful to the victim that they killed to deny their guilt, especially, if they killed an immediate family member.  At some point, you need to face reality.  You can still love the killer behind bars, but, living with denying the truth is just insulting.  It seems that there are some parents who are under a spell with their adult children and they buy anything they say, no matter how outlandish.  

Saddest case I saw on TV was about the boy in England who claimed to be a tennis pro, killed both his parents because they found out he used their credit cards to buy airplane tickets and hotel reservations, then jetted off to America for several weeks with his girlfriend flying Business Class and staying at the the Plaza Hotel in NYC. He actually came back to the house with the decomposing bodies then stayed with his girlfriend. He was caught when the neighbors noticed flies on the windows and floors of the house(Gross!). He was a psychopath but the girlfriend and her mother seemed like gold diggers. Mother didn't think anything was strange when 18 year olds flew to America on BUSINESS CLASS and stayed at the most expensive hotel in NYC then went to Bahamas? Argggh! Sad to say but you could tell just by looking at the vacation photos that the son had dead eyes.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Tardislass said:

Saddest case I saw on TV was about the boy in England who claimed to be a tennis pro, killed both his parents because they found out he used their credit cards to buy airplane tickets and hotel reservations, then jetted off to America for several weeks with his girlfriend flying Business Class and staying at the the Plaza Hotel in NYC. He actually came back to the house with the decomposing bodies then stayed with his girlfriend. He was caught when the neighbors noticed flies on the windows and floors of the house(Gross!). He was a psychopath but the girlfriend and her mother seemed like gold diggers. Mother didn't think anything was strange when 18 year olds flew to America on BUSINESS CLASS and stayed at the most expensive hotel in NYC then went to Bahamas? Argggh! Sad to say but you could tell just by looking at the vacation photos that the son had dead eyes.

Okay, I can't recall ever hearing THAT story before! Good lord. 

The bit about the bodies and the flies. Ew. Ew, ew, ew. 

• Love 6
On 7/28/2018 at 11:08 PM, applecrisp said:

Watched this. I thought the women was very smug. Kept saying "I am NOT a soccer mom."  

She got out or her 3 year 8 month sentence and got a job with her mom and got remarried. Really no consequences that stuck with her. SMH

I was going to try and watch but the commercials and stuff I watched online promoting it with that lady turned me off. I haven't seen any more commercials for it since.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Tardislass said:

Yes, I think hat was it. The father knew what the son was doing but he used his key to get in house and bludgeoned both of them. Even though her face was damaged, mom managed to tell EMT's that she thought killer was son. However, when the trial came, she defended him. Just odd.

Yep.  Mom told the paramedics that her son did this, but then recants after finding out husband is dead, and has the newspaper publish an article saying to leave her son alone, saying that it was a mafia hit.  The kid says he never left his college campus, but there was footage of his yellow jeep leaving and coming back.  What bothered me the most was that the husband was gravely injured, but the part of his brain that controls instinct was still functioning, so he got up for work at the normal time, got dressed, went downstairs and made a bowl of cereal, and went outside to get the paper.  Then he locked himself out of the house, got the spare key, and let himself back in.  Then he collapsed due to blood loss and died.  So sad.  I don't know if calling for help would have saved him, but he had no ability to realize that he was gravely injured.

• Love 9

I saw another sad/strange episode today about the woman who's husband tried to kill her first by hitting her in the back of her head with an ax hammer then 18 months later shot her in the head and tried to make it look like suicide. The weirdest aspect of it was after the first attack the wife managed to get help but told everyone a horse kicked her and stayed married to him but left a note to her sister stating that if she died, the husband probably did it.  Wife's friend said that she still wanted to save the marriage and still loved him.  Call me stupid but when a husband tries to murder his wife, there's no chance of saving marriage.

• Love 16

Yeah, I've heard of those people who cry out, "I love you" as someone is stabbing them to death.  I can't understand that kind of thing. And, it's probably something that I need to work on, because, when I hear stories of how the woman is murdered by her lover, spouse, partner, etc.  and this is after multiple pleas from her family and friends to get away from this guy, it just doesn't mean much to me.  When the guy has many prior criminal convictions for violence, prior restraining orders from family and friends, fights with the police, etc.  AND THEN the women hooks up with him......in those cases, I just can't fathom their mentality and all I have to say is the get the innocent kids out of her custody. 

• Love 11

The college kid who attacked his parents happened in my city and was a huge deal here, since his parents were professionals and lived in a nice area. A sad story all around, since they had tried so hard to help him. He worked at a local vet office while waiting for trial and everyone there said he was so nice, he couldn't have done it, etc. - even with all that evidence against him. People just don't want to believe that not all monsters are easy to spot.

• Love 13

Yeah, Ted Bundy was very personable.  The kind of guy that any parent would love for their daughter to marry......only he loved to kill women and have sex with their corpses.  You can't always judge a book by it's cover. lol 

• Love 9

Argh! Almost forget that I rewatched the most freaky Forensic File last night about the guy who crawled up through his closet crawl space to the closet of the next tenant and murdered and robbed him. I was living in an apartment like that at the time I first saw it and I immediately checked the ceiling of all my closets. Freaky as hell and of course guys girlfriend and renter was a single mom who met this creep on the internet and HAD NO IDEA he was a wanted criminal even though the neighbors car keys, video camera and computer were found in her apartment and her creepy boyfriend had no job and stayed home every day. Girlfriend knew, even if they couldn't prove it. Felt most sorry for her 3 year old who had a mom that wanted a man so bad she invites home first guy to take an interest in her.  Now I look at every closet where I'm staying to see if there's a hidden door. It's scarred me for life! 

• Love 7

Ooh. That is creepy indeed. I'd do the whole "checking places in my home" thing, too, after that-hell, I do that after I watch a scary movie. 

Reminds me of a story I saw on some show once years ago about a lady who was stalked by a young woman who went so far as to actually live under the floorboards of her home, and who kept constantly peeking into her windows, and stuff like that. I can't remember why exactly this woman stalked her, but she put her through some serious hell. Fortunately, at least, the lady survived her ordeal and I believe they eventually caught her stalker. I do remember that they showed a photo of the stalker at one point, and she had the freakiest-looking eyes. Reminded me some of Charles Manson's freaky eyes. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Tardislass said:

Argh! Almost forget that I rewatched the most freaky Forensic File last night about the guy who crawled up through his closet crawl space to the closet of the next tenant and murdered and robbed him. I was living in an apartment like that at the time I first saw it and I immediately checked the ceiling of all my closets. Freaky as hell and of course guys girlfriend and renter was a single mom who met this creep on the internet and HAD NO IDEA he was a wanted criminal even though the neighbors car keys, video camera and computer were found in her apartment and her creepy boyfriend had no job and stayed home every day. Girlfriend knew, even if they couldn't prove it. Felt most sorry for her 3 year old who had a mom that wanted a man so bad she invites home first guy to take an interest in her.  Now I look at every closet where I'm staying to see if there's a hidden door. It's scarred me for life!

Thank you Tardi for reminding me of that,  and I'll never have a sound sleep again.

@annber, I do the "what murdering psychopath is in my home" after I come back after a few hours.

• Love 4

The over acting on a Perfect Murder has to stop. It's a distraction from interesting cases. I really liked the person you thought you knew I felt so sorry for the couple's daughter. She not only loses her parents she has to be cleared of their murder.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

The over acting on a Perfect Murder has to stop. It's a distraction from interesting cases. I really liked the person you thought you knew I felt so sorry for the couple's daughter. She not only loses her parents she has to be cleared of their murder.

I agree 1000%.  It was so jarring between the terrible reenactments and the interviews with the daughter.  I couldn't make it through the whole thing. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, TheGreenWave said:

I agree 1000%.  It was so jarring between the terrible reenactments and the interviews with the daughter.  I couldn't make it through the whole thing. 

Except for Forensic Files/Cold Case Files and AMW, I've found most of the True Crime shows to be little more than badly acted soaps. I've watched Murderous Affairs and the level of acting is worse than soap vixens. Women smirk,men lick their lips and it's all so clownish. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Brattinella said:

There are a few shows that are little more than badly-acted soft porn.  I refuse to watch them.

I consider Homicide Hunter soft porn. My, my, my.

• Love 4