Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, KellsBells said:

It made absolutely no sense to me that she would skip a good friend's wedding to attend a wedding 400 miles away with an abusive supervisor -- just to keep a job at Home Depot??

This is the sort of thing I wonder, are young women nowadays so bloody stupid, gullible, easily coerced and insecure that they would voluntarily do this?  She was young and could have gotten a job somewhere else.  It seems like so many shows on ID have at the core, a stupid (or stupid-appearing) young girl?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

This is the sort of thing I wonder, are young women nowadays so bloody stupid, gullible, easily coerced and insecure that they would voluntarily do this?  She was young and could have gotten a job somewhere else.  It seems like so many shows on ID have at the core, a stupid (or stupid-appearing) young girl?

I thought the same thing. And this was just a couple of years ago, recently enough that she should have known better, it wasn't like it was the 70s. 

• Love 5
On 5/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, auntjess said:

Thank you! I was in the hospital and I think there was some type of block on the internet access because Investigation Discovery was completely blocked and when I tried to search for the Kozak show, it only took me to the old articles about the trial. I couldn't even log in to the ID app. Maybe watching stupid people do stupid things causes people distress so we all get blocked. I also changed my search engine default to DuckDuckGo because Google kept wanting me to read and agree to something, and wasn't finding anything I searched for.

I cannot watch Breaking Homicide because I cannot stand the investigators. I didn't watch Derrick's Big Brother season, so I don't have any pre-existing opinions on him, but find him obnoxious on this one. "Look at me! Look at ME! I'm about to tell everyone what has already been discovered and disclosed by others, but act like it is brand new information discovered by us!" Then, they get all serious while acting like they single-handedly broke the case with facial expressions that are supposed to be serious looking, but instead make me think they are tying to use the bathroom. Whatever. 

I'm not going to bust on them for doing the same stories as everyone else since that is the Investigation Discovery way.

• Love 10

There are some hosts of investigation shows that I don't really care for.  I recall how I dropped interest in Cold Justice after discovering what Kelly Seigler was really like. So, I'm done with her. I've had a different take on Breaking Homicide, though, I may not be as familiar with these hosts as some. 

I suppose what the investigators actually do for a case varies by episode, but, with a few of the Breaking Homicides that I saw, they did discover things and reveal things that were apparently not disclosed or not known before.  That's why Faith Hedgspeth's parents sought them out, imo.  That murder mystery has been a huge mystery around here (NC) for years.  We (the public) kept asking the same big questions, only no answers.  Apparently, her parents didn't get any either.  So, the Breaking Homicide episode showed A LOT that had not come to light. So, hopefully, it will help.  And even if it doesn't bring an arrest, the police were getting no where with it anyway. They kept saying they couldn't solve it, they needed the public's help, etc., but, they were so tight about it.  The professionals they used seemed informative and I got a lot more insight into what really happened the night of the murder, both before hand, afterwards, and also the details of the relationships of the victim and all the potential suspects and witnesses.  

I got a similar experience with their feature of the Mystery at the Mansion case. (Rebecca Zahau.)  I ended up not agreeing with them on their ultimate opinion, but, to me, it's important to shed light and let the viewer make their own mind up.  Since, these guys aren't actual law enforcement, I don't anticipate them actually charging anyone. I see it as a tv show.   I thought the Blue Mustang also really illuminated WHY the security guard was charged, why the conviction was set aside and if there was really any evidence against him.  In that case, I think they were right and even did a better job at asking questions than the police in the initial investigation. Of course, hind sight is 20/20, but, no that's another show. lol  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 7:29 PM, KellsBells said:

I've been traveling and am just now catching up on some shows on my DVR. I just had to comment on a couple that I though were weirder than weird. First, The Killer Beside Me episode where Brian Cooper killed his co-worker, Alisha Bromfield. It made absolutely no sense to me that she would skip a good friend's wedding to attend a wedding 400 miles away with an abusive supervisor -- just to keep a job at Home Depot?? I figured there had to be more to the story and there was. While she apparently complained to management about him (according to her mom), she also kept seeing him (and they dated for a while) and going to his home, and voluntarily attended the wedding. This was a tragedy, no doubt, especially since she was pregnant, but that was just a really dumb decision. And the first trial ended in a hung jury. My mouth is still hanging open. 

The second show was the See No Evil about the Rhonda Daugherty case.  He's never talked about why he killed her; it's about as random of a case as I think I've ever seen. Crazy. 

I hope you didn't watch Web of Lies last night Kell because the victim  did some really risky things. Her beloved fiancé died, and after a few months she tried online dating.

She had three dates and the first she had a gun put to her head and was thrown out of a party. The second was worse, a guy she dated for maybe a month took her camping, thought she stole his wallet and took her home. He later found it. I think the same night she went out with yet another guy. Did not end well.

I felt so bad for her family, they were heartbroken. Still they encouraged her behavior. It was a hard one to swallow. This ID show is such a cautionary tale of the Internet.

Edited by applecrisp
  • Love 13

I feel asleep on this one. It was a trainwreck for sure.  The victim was on a very scary path.    What happened after they discovered that the guy who claimed he dropped her off was lying about his job and had parked a van in secret? 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, applecrisp said:

I hope you didn't watch Web of Lies last night Kell because the victim  did some really risky things. Her beloved fiancé died, and after a few moths she tried online dating.

She had three dates and the first she had a gun put to her head and was thrown out of a party. The second was worse, a guy she dated for maybe a month took her camping, thought she stole his wallet and took her home. He later found it. I think the same night she went out with yet another guy. Did not end well.

I felt so bad for her family, they were heartbroken. Still they encouraged her behavior. It was a hard one to swallow. This ID show is such a cautionary tale of the Internet.

This is the dark, evil side of online match-ups, that Catfish should touch on more.  Sure, it's bad to find that the "love of your life," is 15, 50, not the attractive person in the picture, but there's a much worse thing they could be.

• Love 7
(edited)

There's a local unsolved pair of homicides I want to see explored. They are referred to as the Delphi murders. A 13 and 14 year-old pair of friends went hiking on a local trail converted from a dismantled railroad track. We have a lot of them here in Indiana. Indianapolis' Monon Trail is over 100 miles long, has been paved for bikers, cyclers, and skaters, as well as hikers and has quite a few businesses built to service folks with food and drink. There is also a police presence. Delphi's trail is more rural and isolated, but the community was so small and "safe", no one thought anything about dropping the girls off and coming back in a few hours. Call if you want to leave earlier. The girls weren't there or answering their phones and police found them murdered the next day. One of the girls was smart enough to snap 2 pictures of a man following them, and when he forced them off the trail, she recorded his voice ordering them, "Down the hill." Hopefully, it will help. They've used this info to eliminate suspects, and say there is more info they are not revealing.

There are a few people on You-Tube I support through Patreon (about $5/month each for 4 of them), and one said he already had this story on his radar and will put out a video in future.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 7

I'm so tired of seeing the same promo for The Last Defense (Darlene Routier.) Every time they say or she's the devil. I scream obviously. That being said, I can't wait to watch it. 

I also don't like that this appears to only be about proving her innocence. I want a show that gives me both sides. I suppose I'm asking too much. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Court said:

I'm so tired of seeing the same promo for The Last Defense (Darlene Routier.) Every time they say or she's the devil. I scream obviously. That being said, I can't wait to watch it. 

I also don't like that this appears to only be about proving her innocence. I want a show that gives me both sides. I suppose I'm asking too much. 

But she isn't innocent.  She murdered her boys and was sentenced to death.  They should just execute her.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, applecrisp said:

I hope you didn't watch Web of Lies last night Kell because the victim  did some really risky things. Her beloved fiancé died, and after a few moths she tried online dating.

Ugh, I have not, it's on my DVR, though. I'll let you know what I think, but I can assure you I will not be surprised. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

But she isn't innocent.  She murdered her boys and was sentenced to death.  They should just execute her.

I completely agree. She's guilty as sin. 

• Love 4
On 5/24/2018 at 12:22 AM, Court said:

I’m hoping the promo is just misleading and they actually have both sides presented. I think she’s guilty too. (And am secretly pleased she looks awful in the promo because she was so vain). 

Fun fact:  Viola Davis is one of the executive producers.  

• Love 4

I just noticed that Perfect Suspect (I think) has a female narrator, Carol Monda, and I think she's very good.
We need new narrators, as several of the best ones, have died.

• Love 4

Breaking Homicide is one of the worst ID shows I have ever seen.   Tedious in the extreme.   The "investigators" come off as a couple of local buffoons with a video camera.   All they chase down is hearsay.   I shut off the first episode halfway through.   I couldn't take it anymore.   

On 5/22/2018 at 8:57 PM, Christina said:

I cannot watch Breaking Homicide because I cannot stand the investigators. I didn't watch Derrick's Big Brother season, so I don't have any pre-existing opinions on him, but find him obnoxious on this one. "Look at me! Look at ME! I'm about to tell everyone what has already been discovered and disclosed by others, but act like it is brand new information discovered by us!" Then, they get all serious while acting like they single-handedly broke the case with facial expressions that are supposed to be serious looking, but instead make me think they are tying to use the bathroom. Whatever. 

You nailed it.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 5:53 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone see Disappeared last night?  It was about a father who disappears when out partying with friends one night.  Very strange.  I thought his habit of getting drunk and swimming in the ocean ALONE at night was super bizarre. If someone will do that, then, I don't put any faith in their judgment. 

I wasn't too thrilled with his friends who left him high and dry while he went off to find a bathroom.   I know they texted him but when no reply was forthcoming within the first hour they should have realized something wasn't right.   I get that they were probably inebriated, but still, bar-hopping was apparently more important than the guy's whereabouts.

I love Disappeared.   And Gone, the Disappeared companion show, the difference being the cases are resolved on Gone while Disappeared focuses on open mysteries.   Fear Thy Neighbor, See No Evil and Web of Lies are the only other ID shows I watch anymore.   The rest, pfft.

The problem with all ID shows, including the ones mentioned above, is that they often leave out significant details about the cases.  I always recommend googling afterwards to find out what the real story is.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7

I watched this "Married To Murder' thing that aired on I.D. some day this week, it's basically an episode of Bride Killa with a different name. I know I.D. likes to take an episode from an I.D. show that has already aired and air it again under a new name and pretend it's a new special (I think it's stupid and it comes off like they're trying to insult their audience's intelligence), but doing this with a show that just debut this year. Really?! SMH.

• Love 9

I watched Dead of Night, about the young women in Baltimore who were raped and murdered (one survived), and the first was 2003, I believe.
What I don't understand, is why they had to recheck the DNA profile, before they finally got a hit, because in many, many shows I watch, the cop gets a call out of the blue, when an offender is entered into the database, who's a match for their victim submission.

• Love 2

I didn't see that episode of Dead of Night, so, I'm not sure, why it happened that way with the DNA sample.

Ref. the guy who disappeared while going out on the town with friends. I've noticed that people really don't take care of friends sometimes when they go out drinking.  They think of nothing of letting their buddies take off very drunk by themselves, leave with strangers, disappear, etc.  and do little to locate them later.  And, days go by sometimes with the friends thinking nothing of it. It boggles the mind. You really have to be very aware, have a safety plan and have a at least one person you can trust when going out partying that way.  

What I find so amusing is that most of the people keep saying to themselves and others that that person is certainly alright.  I mean, they will certainly turn up soon and No need to worry.  WHY do they say that? Where do they get those crazy ideas from?  When a person disappears without a trace and there is no sign that they are okay, then it's NOT okay.   Apparently, these people don't watch any news, read much on the internet nor watch ID Discovery. lol 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 2/21/2018 at 9:19 AM, ButterQueen said:

(Jane Andrews)

Which show was this?  Thanks!

There was a “Snapped” episode some years back on the Jane Andrews case. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 1

I was disappointed that they did not do an update on an episode of Disappeared today about the Kara Kapetski case. Since it didn't appear on the show, I'll put it in spoiler tags. Huge development. I'm not sure why they would not edit the ending to include it.

Spoiler

The missing girl's remains were found 10 years after she disappeared and her ex-boyfriend has been charged with not only her murder, but, another girl's as well.  

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article167627987.html

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article177313346.html

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MrsClaus said:

Anyone watching Casey Anthony's Parents Speak on A&E?

I'm surprised they are still married.

When it happened I hated her parents as much as I hated her. Watch just a bit tonite and maybe being older now I had some sympathy for them. Casey should rot in hell, but her parents are truly living in a hell. Mostly of their own making, but a hell none the less.

Oh and Baez ahould rot too. 

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, iwasish said:

When it happened I hated her parents as much as I hated her. Watch just a bit tonite and maybe being older now I had some sympathy for them. Casey should rot in hell, but her parents are truly living in a hell. Mostly of their own making, but a hell none the less.

Oh and Baez ahould rot too. 

Come to think of it, I hate Baez even more than KillerMom.  I hope he goes broke.

• Love 10

I’ll take one for the team, because of what Elizabeth Vargas just said....

”People are asking...you two must have been out to lunch!” (Regarding why they didn’t see anything unusual in Casey’s behavior)

I’ve never seen two people more in denial, delusional.... their entire home is a shrine to Caley. They’re nuts.

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I’ve never seen two people more in denial, delusional.... their entire home is a shrine to Caley. 

Oh, wow.

That's sad. On so many levels. 

• Love 3

Cindy doesn't want George to talk. She's staring daggers at him the whole time.  She still won't admit that Casey killed her daughter. I don't know why George is still with her. Cindy is a nut. 

• Love 18

I might have  checked it out, though, I was done with all of them some time ago, but, there was this awesome new show on ID Discovery called Dead North!  OMG.  This may be the best crime documentary about the most bizarre case I've ever seen.  Plus, it's got the extra drama of this police chief being fired.  The case is BIZARRE.  The first 2 hours were on last night and the conclusion comes on tonight.  I highly recommend it.  You can catch up online. 

Here's a trailer about it.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I might have  checked it out, though, I was done with all of them some time ago, but, there was this awesome new show on ID Discovery called Dead North!  OMG.  This may be the best crime documentary about the most bizarre case I've ever seen.  Plus, it's got the extra drama of this police chief being fired.  The case is BIZARRE.  The first 2 hours were on last night and the conclusion comes on tonight.  I highly recommend it.  You can catch up online. 

You got that right!  I was riveted!  Can't wait for part two tonight.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Keep in mind that last night was 2 hours. I'm not sure about tonight.  It looks like the conclusion may be one hour. It's hard to tell. 

It looks (on my tvguide) that they will re-run both episodes from last night, then a new episode for two hours, and then re-run the first two again.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Come to think of it, I hate Baez even more than KillerMom.  I hope he goes broke.

Why is Baez so hated? I never paid much attention to this case. 

12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Cindy doesn't want George to talk. She's staring daggers at him the whole time.  She still won't admit that Casey killed her daughter. I don't know why George is still with her. Cindy is a nut. 

Cindy was wrong saying that George was the reason Casey lied. Cindy is why Casey lies. Cindy lied constantly and committed perjury. She is also a master at manipulation and deflection. It was on display last night.  I thought it was fascinating watching those two.

Two things about the show, one that it is well known there was a huge fight between Casey and Cindy the day before she left with Caylee. No mention of that. In fact they were allowed to say it was just a regular day. WOW.

Second, the videos of Casey as a youngster showed a girl with a very flat affect. Her eyes seem empty and she looks like she is from another planet. 

I think there were a lot of signs that something was wrong with her and her parents pretended nothing was wrong.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, bubbls said:

Why is Baez so hated? I never paid much attention to this case. 

The reason I hate him is because of his opening statement that was PURE FICTION.  He presented it as fact, and never called any witnesses to prove it.  He is a liar and a scuzbucket.  I watched every second of this case with hubby, and we BOTH screamed at the not guilty verdict. 

• Love 17