Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E23: Two Graves

(edited)

If Revenge ends with Amanda shooting Victoria and than there is a fade to black it will be the worse final scene since the fade to black for the Sopranos final scene. I care much more about Revenge than the Sopranos, so this ending would put me in a definite crappy mood.

Edited by Waldo13

I am on the west coast, and I am debating whether to spoil myself so I won't be disappointed, or wait and watch it semi-live to perhaps be pleasantly surprised. I am leaning towards "spoiled" at this point.

So, does that make Nolan the Kingmaker?

I didn't really want everyone to die, so the ending was fine for me. It would make more sense that Charlotte was on good terms with Amanda because she gave her Victoria's heart. So Margaux and Louise are the good guys now?

(edited)

Boo to the.ending...wanted the.moral.to.be.that revenge leads to.unhappiness.and.that it doesn't pay.

Yeah. I'm not sure I understand the two graves thing when her father developed cancer (could happen to anyone) and she got to live happily ever after with an occasional bad dream.

Maybe Victoria's heart will make her pay.

Does Margaux get away with her actions? Do Nolan and Emily and Jack for the jail break?

Poor Nolan.

It was a better ending than most, but the bar was pretty low for this show.

Edited by JinNashville
  • Love 2

So I haven't watched this show in like two seasons, and couldn't be bothered to turn in for the finale, but still wondered what ended up happening. Someone give me the three sentence overview?

Did Amanda really get Victoria's heart, or is it really just a dream?  Well I got my Jack/Amanda happy ending, so I am ok with the ending.  The Louise part at the funeral was ridiculous, but it really does't matter anymore.

• Love 4

Sorry, the finale was just about the worst that I could personally imagine. It's difficult to remember all of the labyrinthine narrative tangles that defined this season alone, much less the entire series (remember when Victoria almost sacrificed herself relatively recently for Emily during the showdown between them, David, and the man who murdered Daniel?), but Victoria was definitely the lynchpin of the show in my opinion. What I disliked about Conrad's exit was the spontaneous retcon of his relationship with Victoria - for all of their mutual hatred, they were initially but definitively presented as in their saga together (Conrad warned her to get off of the plane, apologized to her when Emily's mom was holding her hostage, etc.) This finale was every bit as lame and narratively sloppy. If Victoria had gone out in the explosion, that would have at least been dramatic; if she had gotten off that final killshot, it would have been thematically clean, precise, and crisp. But this was just ridiculous. Add in the self-righteousness of Nolan, Emily, and Louise, and this episode was almost unwatchable. Margaux deciding to turn herself in was also insane.

• Love 5

Boo to the.ending...wanted the.moral.to.be.that revenge leads to.unhappiness.and.that it doesn't pay.

I don't. As a fan I would have felt cheated with an ending like that... of course in real life revenge doesn't (shouldn't) pay, but this isn't real life. Honestly I still feel Amanda was justified in her quest to clear her dad's name. Sometimes her schemes put others in jeopardy, but she personally never killed anyone.

I think the show went the route of the Count of Monte Cristo movie, rather than sticking too closely to the book. There was definitely a happy ending there and also with this show.

I liked that Margot decided to turn herself in at the end. I figured David would die - I thought them sitting together and him telling her he loved her and then getting cut off was sad, but kinda realistic.

I thought it was an okay ending - I'm mostly just relieved it's over now so I can get my life back, lol. I wasn't watching in real time the last 6 episodes so sometimes it felt like a chore to catch back up. This season was up and down... I don't think they could do more with it.

I did love how Nolan ended up though - that made me happy. I'm really, really glad Victoria is dead. I'm glad Louise woke up and realized that Victoria was manipulating her. I am glad Jack and Amanda got a happy ending, though it felt rushed, but eh. They never really built up enough tension with them for me to be completely invested.

Plot hole: Whatever happened to Amanda's mom? Why didn't she come back during all of this?

• Love 14

Yeah. I'm not sure I understand the two graves thing when her father developed cancer (could happen to anyone) and she got to live happily ever after with an occasional bad dream.

Maybe Victoria's heart will make her pay.

Does Margaux get away with her actions? Do Nolan and Emily and Jack for the jail break?

Poor Nolan.

It was a better ending than most, but the bar was pretty low for this show.

That was what the show and the title was supposed to be about before the rushed, cancelled ending.

So I haven't watched since they first brought Louise around, so my opinion isn't really worth Jack (see what I did there?!?!) but I thought it was disappointing. The way they kind of harp on how Emanda has the speshul goodness in her because she never killed anyone is annoying, and David doing the dirty work just rubbed me the wrong way. I obviously watch too much tv, because I saw that last shot from Victoria coming a mile away.

I get that primetime soap opera/dramas aren't where we should be getting our morals from, but "and then the pretty blonde girl got the guy she wanted all along and lived happily ever after," doesn't really fit. The whole "two graves" thing clearly meant (in the context of the quote, anyway) that Emanda would get herself killed in her pursuit of revenge. But screw continuity ;)

Also, major eyeroll to the Nolan revenge legacy continuing cliche. Actually, this whole thing seemed so full of cliches that my eyes are probably permanently damaged from the excessive rolling.

• Love 5

the only thing that disappointed me was that Patrick didn't come back. I was kinda hoping he and Nolan would get back together, but that's just because Nolan was pretty much the only reason I watched the damn show at all.

• Love 5

Jamanda was end game. Yasssss!

So, we saw Emily had a heart surgery scar in her wedding dress, then they added the dream sequence...why the nightmares...wouldn't she ask whose heart she received?

Nolan's lines were classic tonight. "Ems, you in danger, girl!".... "Miss America's Most Wanted"....

Courtney Love didn't look real. It was like her face was so overinflated, but her body looked normal sized. Spooky.

Um, was her scallywag mother saying that Victoria actually had sex with her father?

• Love 5

I really like the irony of Amanda having received Victoria's heart, it seemed likely, given her having been shot and the fade to black. Victoria must be smiling her inscrutable smile. I'm glad Louise came out of her fantasy about Victoria as Charlotte had, and that Margaux somewhat atoned for her crimes, since I never disliked her as much as some.

But a life of being a helpful hacker is not enough of a fulfilling future for Nolan, I'd hoped that Tony would reappear. As for Ems and Jack, it did feel rushed, but bouncing around in a boat on a choppy ocean is not my idea of a happy ending anyway.

• Love 1

This ending made me want to create a Razzies for TV (maybe the Sharkies) and nominate this series for worst writing.  The number of times they changed the fundamental aspects of each character in order to force fit relationships and moods into plot twists made me dizzy.  A few points:

(1) Emanda went from spy-like, Jack Bauer status in season 1 to Get Smart status here, having to depend on a red-headed ditz to show up and tell them Victoria's location.

(2) The ultimate revenge is not murder, but public shaming ... having one's sins and murders revealed before the world like they did with Conrad.  They should really have saved that kind of unveiling for Victoria.

(3) So many of the plot twists depended on people not simply stating single sentences about who killed who.  Like, "Hey Margeaux, Conrad killed your dad."  "An assassin killed Daniel."  "And who knows who killed you baby." "Oh, and by the way, Victoria killed Emily's fiance ... that's why she's pissed."  But when these simple words are covered by vague statements like "There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed," it shows a lack of creative writing that cannot create complex story-lines without Three's Company type confusion.

Conclusion on Finale: big fat yawn.

• Love 9

I couldn't help but laugh at the part in Jack and Emily's love scene where he picked her up because I was sure her feet were still touching the floor (he's so tiny).

I was satisfied with it as a finale. There have been ones that I have absolutely hated (Alias comes to mind) so I figure as long as I didn't hate it, I like it fine. There are some things I didn't find satisfying: Margaux realizing the error of her ways at the last second and turning herself in, Louise hopping sides yet again. But I liked that it's ambiguous in that we don't really know if Emily has Victoria's heart or if it's just her nightmare.

• Love 6

I looked it up. The "dig two graves" quote apparently means one thing in the English translation and something different in the original language.

I won't be rewatching, so can someone remind me, what Emily VO'd the other grave to be for?

(2) The ultimate revenge is not murder, but public shaming ... having one's sins and murders revealed before the world like they did with Conrad.  They should really have saved that kind of unveiling for Victoria.

I think Amanda already outed Victoria for this - which is why she concocted her plan to "die" and frame Emily. She couldn't deal with the public shame. I would have preferred your ending though.

(3) So many of the plot twists depended on people not simply stating single sentences about who killed who.  Like, "Hey Margeaux, Conrad killed your dad."  "An assassin killed Daniel."  "And who knows who killed you baby." "Oh, and by the way, Victoria killed Emily's fiance ... that's why she's pissed."  But when these simple words are covered by vague statements like "There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed," it shows a lack of creative writing that cannot create complex story-lines without Three's Company type confusion.

I agree on the frustration around people not being set straight about what happened and why. Margaux and Louise actually acted like Emily/Amanda had no right to be royally pissed at the Graysons (Conrad and Victoria)...

Also - about David killed Victoria - he already killed Conrad, so...

• Love 4

Um, was her scallywag mother saying that Victoria actually had sex with her father?

More like her father raped her. Props on the use of "scallywag."

What I like about the ending is that Amanda went through about 99% of this for nothing. The only necessary part was clearing her father's name. She got her father back then lost him to her revenge plot, even if was only the last few weeks. If they put it that way in the episode, it might have made more sense.

But I liked that it's ambiguous in that we don't really know if Emily has Victoria's heart or if it's just her nightmare.

I thought that was a nice little twist. 

• Love 3

So I haven't watched since they first brought Louise around, so my opinion isn't really worth Jack (see what I did there?!?!) but I thought it was disappointing. The way they kind of harp on how Emanda has the speshul goodness in her because she never killed anyone is annoying, and David doing the dirty work just rubbed me the wrong way. I obviously watch too much tv, because I saw that last shot from Victoria coming a mile away.

I get that primetime soap opera/dramas aren't where we should be getting our morals from, but "and then the pretty blonde girl got the guy she wanted all along and lived happily ever after," doesn't really fit. The whole "two graves" thing clearly meant (in the context of the quote, anyway) that Emanda would get herself killed in her pursuit of revenge. But screw continuity ;)

Also, major eyeroll to the Nolan revenge legacy continuing cliche. Actually, this whole thing seemed so full of cliches that my eyes are probably permanently damaged from the excessive rolling.

Oh the Nolan thing was supposed to be the 'minor cliffhanger', thankfully the cancellation happened so they didn't drag this out any longer.

Oh yeah, the whole 'goodness'/'light' thing always made me cringe, so the HEA doesn't really work unless you're a cheesy show like OuaT.

This ending made me want to create a Razzies for TV (maybe the Sharkies) and nominate this series for worst writing.  The number of times they changed the fundamental aspects of each character in order to force fit relationships and moods into plot twists made me dizzy.  A few points:

(1) Emanda went from spy-like, Jack Bauer status in season 1 to Get Smart status here, having to depend on a red-headed ditz to show up and tell them Victoria's location.

Conclusion on Finale: big fat yawn.

It really felt like a rushed checklist of cliches that they needed to get through by the end.

1. I'm sad that Emily/Amanda had to change completely from the character we grew to like all this time.  This season hasn't been very kind to her as she's been mostly reactive throughout.

2. Here's where the fake out really hurts the series, she just had an amazingly show fake out death, so this one pales by comparison and feels even more pointless since that one only happened in the last few episodes anyway.

3. Yeah, character induced stupidity.

I LOVED the finale! Emily whacking Victoria in the face with a shovel. Victoria ending up in a mental institution while Emily strutted away in the final shot. Best Finale. Ever!

What's that? The show limped on for another year of nonsense and ended with a far less satisfying ending?

Nope! I can't hear you! Didn't happen!

Yeah, it's my ending too and it seemed more closer to the Two graves theme as well.

• Love 2
(edited)

A cowardly, cold woman to the end, that Victoria. Shooting Emily in the back and in front of her father with the hope he holds his daughter in his arms as she died. Hope Conrad and her mom gave her a nice welcome in hell. Actually, I don't. Hope they make her hell even more hellish.

Jack and Amanda having sex in a dead woman's bed, mere feet from where they know Ben was murdered the night before was a tad tacky. I get fugitive sex can be a turn on but, uh...they could've waited. BTW how is a knife wound to the back ruled an accident and not murder? He fell backwards onto an upward facing knife in his dishwasher?

Gotta guffaw at Emily surveying the Grayson graves. She put that entire family in the ground and was the last one standing . Charlotte being a Clarke is what spared her. Then at the wedding reception Jack mentions 4 more dead bodies in this vendetta - 2 of them Amanda's ex boyfriends. This show had a high body count.

It's funny, Louise got what she wanted with Victoria, to be treated like family. Unfortunately Victoria treated her kids with alternately with love and scorn and emotional manipulation to suit her own purposes. Nice that Louise figured that out but ironic that Victoria trying to be honest with Louise is what was her downfall.

And as for Margeaux, I did like when she reminded Nolan that she had lost a family as well even if Daniel and her father were very flawed. Nolan did pause in his calling her out to acknowledge some sympathy because she had a point, but he carried through in pointing out she crossed a line. Still, her just giving up like that took some balls. She could've walked away but was just spent with the bloodshed. She'd finally lost her stomach for it all and was resolved to 'lay in the grave' she dug herself.

I really loved the ending image of the setting sun and ocean as we get an honoring of the title card and source material. Just a teensy part of me wishes it had been Aidan with her in the end. Or that he hadn't died.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 7

WE'RE FREE! WE'RE FINALLY FREE!

This show was great the first season. The second season struggled. The third was a chaotic crapfest. This one was so bad I've lost actual IQ points just watching it. But now it's over and I never have to think about this mess ever again.

Jack and Emily: Eh, okay, whatever. Jack improved with age and Emily finally found happiness, so I was satisfied. For some reason I totally called them getting Sammy 2.0, but it bothered me that they cooed over the puppy and went on a prolonged sailing trip. Is the puppy bouncing around with them on the boat?

Loved that Nolan is going into the revenge business, and love that Victoria got the bullet she so richly deserved. I really wanted more of a comeuppance for Margaux though. And I guess Mason Tredwell was a loose end they didn't tie up.

Whatever, it's done now.

• Love 14

And as for Margeaux, I did like when she reminded Nolan that she had lost a family as well even if Daniel and her father were very flawed. Nolan did pause in his calling her out to acknowledge some sympathy because she had a point, but he carried through in pointing out she crossed a line. Still, her just giving up like that took some balls. She could've walked away but was just spent with the bloodshed. She'd finally lost her stomach for it all and was resolved to 'lay in the grave' she dug herself.

I've missed some details about her - she didn't look even a little pregnant in this series finale. Thought that was strange. Was she going to go to jail and ask Charlotte to take care of the baby or something?

No, I meant she lost her nerve (stomach) to continue her vendetta against Amanda once Nolan confronted her and she learned Jack had been injured. As far as her pregnancy, Margeaux wasn't showing. She was probably mid-late first trimester when she lost the baby.

(edited)

Wow!  I cried, seriously.  I found it powerful and poignant the way they were able to sum up everything.  The way Charlotte and David were used in the finale was just perfect.  They made it seem like there was a point to bringing David back, yet still acknowledged that it couldn't stay like that, that he would return to a memory of his daughter's.   

Personally, I connected with this show because I wanted to believe that Amanda could win and have a happy ending.  After all that pain and darkness, all the sacrifices, it's beautiful to see Jack and Amanda bringing some happiness into their lives and moving forward together, even with all the trauma they suffered through.  Everyone there--Nolan, Charlotte, Jack and Amanda deserved those bittersweet tears at the wedding.  The memories will never leave them, the dead will never come back, but it's possible to have a different life, 

Amanda said that karma had passed her by, but that's not totally true--I think she paid prices along the way herself.  Victoria's sendoff into the pitch blackness inside her was also great.  She was the monster who could never be redeemed, and no one remembers or mourns her.  I loved that no Grayson's were mentioned in Jack's speech about those who are no longer with us. 

So, I'm satisfied because this is what I was waiting for since S1, and what we were cheated out of for three seasons of mostly crap. 

Nolan's boyfriend was even at the wedding, so maybe besides being a revenge-master, he will find love too. 

Edited by Glade
  • Love 5

"We'd like to take a moment to honor those who couldn't be here...Declan, the real Emily Thorne, my dad..."

"And my dad, who showed up and made the last three years of my life a total waste. Oh, and let's not forget those two other guys I slept with, Aiden and Ben."

"Right."

"And I guess we should mention the Graysons: Conrad, Daniel, and that bitch Victoria."

"Yeah, them too. Hey, whatever happened to your mom?"

"Who knows? Speaking of, Charlotte, have you seen Patrick?"

"Nope."

"Honey, what about that foster brother of yours?"

"I almost forgot about him! I haven't seen him in...two years?"

"Are we forgetting anyone else?"

"Probably."

Well done, show. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to retrieve my eyeballs from the back of my skull.

• Love 15

So, that was it, huh? I guess they tied up everything, but that sure was rushed. I'm just glad I don't have this show hanging over my head while I wait for it to end anymore.

I would love a Nolan spin off....
Weekly Nolan take downs while dressed fabulously.

But I want a Nolan spinoff.  Please?

NO, I do not want this. This story is done, I don't want them extending it for anybody.

• Love 2

Man have a LOT of characters died on this show. Almost all casualties of Emily's thirst for REVENGE but ya know, I guess she hasn't technically "killed" anyone. Oh brother.

I'll just keep imagining that the show ended with Emily having Victoria locked up in a psych hospital and strutting out looking fabulous.

Goodbye, Revenge. You were fun for a season and a half (if you manage to pull together the handful of good episodes after the first season you should get half a season, right?).

I'm not sure how I feel about the finale overall. I stopped caring and watching a while ago; but I did want to see how they would (finally!) wrap things up.

Liked:

• It's OVER. No more dragging this out.
  • Victoria dead. (and the Graysons)
  • They brought back Charlotte for the finale.
  • David dead -- he should've stayed dead anyway.
  • Nolan and Jack made it out alive.
  • The twist that Emily is living on, but with Victoria's heart. I didn't want her to die, but I always thought she'd there needed to be a serious consequence for this whole revenge scheme.

Disliked:

• Emily and Jack sailing off into the sunset. After the whole thing with Amanda, and Carl, and her getting killed, (and Declan getting killed) I just never thought that Jack and Emily could ever really be a happy couple. I didn't need or want them to be together at the end.
  • Margaux? Louise? White Gold??? Why are these people here I don't care.

Well, bye Revenge. When you were good, you were great, and when you were bad, you were sooooo bad.

• Love 2

Probably helps that I wasn't expecting much, but it wasn't the worst finale ever.

Grandma is going to take care of Carl now while Amanda and Jack go sailing around the world or whatever.

They did acknowledge that one of the two graves was meant for Amanda, but her father saved her from that fate with his infinite love, mmkay? Infinite love!

I do agree with those who feel she already paid for her transgressions, so I'm good with her getting some happiness in the end.

Anyways, there were way more than two graves if you count all of the dead people, so Confucius would be full of shit if he actually said that, which he didn't.

I liked the callbacks to the first episode. That song they played in the background of Amanda walking down the aisle takes me back.

I've always been meh on Jack as the endgame love interest, but oh well, who else would it be at this point? Could be worse. At least they didn't kill Jack and give Amanda his kid. At least they didn't make Amanda miraculously pregnant. At least this doesn't end with Amanda kissing some random dude and we only meet the back of his head. Thank heavens for small mercies.

• Love 6
(edited)

I was good with everything up until the point where Victoria shot Emanda back, but then everything afterwards made me go WTH? Even though I wanted a happy ending for Team Clarke, the back half of the episode seemed so disjointed and strange. It's like they tacked it on when they found out the show was cancelled.

Even though Louise finally came back around, man is she wishy-washy! Good for her to see the truth, but she is seriously not to be trusted.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1

That's the thing with finales, you can't make everyone happy. I thought it was a decent, good finale, not epic, but not as bad as many complain either (I guess most people who complain have lost their real interest for the show a while ago, and I don't blame them).

First of all, like anticipated, it was a little to much of a rush, a 2 hour finale would have been better. You have to give them credit that they closed nearly every storyline it that hour though. The twist with Emily being shot and actually David in the second grave was good, altough I saw it coming, what was a little too overdone was the wedding, the puppy and sailing of into the sunset, to much chliche. I wanted Amanda to find some happyness, but not that soapy.

Her maybe having Victoria's heart was a nice conclusion though, I really liked that one. The focus on Victoria (and her mom) was too much, they should have focused on the showdown between Emily and Vici more in my opinion, that was a rather short scene. The scene with David dying in front of the beach house was fitting and gave the sad touch needed.

Overall I'm totally fine with the finale, mostly because with it the show really ended, after so much up and downs and twists you kind of need that sometimes too, maybe the end was too happy, but I'm not much for any pseudo moral conclusions. It could have ended with all of them dead, and it can end with hope and some kind of happy ending too, there is no wrong and right here.

• Love 4

I wonder what Stephen king thought of the ending, seems he's a big fan. Go figure.

I don't know what to think of it though. I don't know if it's fair that Amanda and jack get a happy ending considering everything she's done. It's true that she never actually killed someone but her hands are far from clean.

I did like the notion of her having Victoria's heart. Nice twist there. But I must admit that when Victoria shot her, I was hoping it was the end for Amanda too. Revenge is a slippery slope and Amanda got lost somewhere in the Avalanche that followed. Just the amount of people who have died because of her should give her huge pause.

And what's this talk about Nolan's b-friend bring at the wedding? That whole plot was stupid and unnecessary unless they planned to bring Tom back at the end so Nolan could get his happy ending. And was I supposed to know who the cute black guy was at the end cuz I have no clue?

• Love 1
(edited)

The most ridiculous thing this week was Jack and Amanda acting like they don't have cell phones. When Nolan and David told Amanda that it wasn't safe to go back to Victoria's mother's house, Amanda said she was going back to the house because Jack was there and she didn't want Margaux's assassin to get to him. HELLO, CALL JACK AND TELL HIM TO MEET YOU SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Who was the lecherous man Victoria said she found at her mother's house? I mean, I know that her mom said that he was Victoria's father but was this the same guy who was Patrick's father who raped Victoria?

Imagining that Victoria went to the hardware store and then climbed up on ladders while wearing that white dress and high heels to install all the cameras totally cracked me up.

I love that Louise went straight to Amanda and Nolan to tell them that Victoria was still alive. She finally saw the light! So of course Victoria and Amanda had to waste time blabbing. I was like gawd, Amanda, JUST SHOOT HER. For some reason, my recording froze in the middle of the speechiying and I briefly considered just turning it off and not bothering to watch the last 15 minutes. But then I figured I have already spent four years watching this insanity so I might as well make the effort to see it through to the end.

When Victoria shot Amanda, I wanted David to empty a clip into Victoria just to make sure she was really dead.

I don't live in New York, but isn't it really cold in January? Like too cold to sit out on the porch when you're terminally ill and it's snowing? Even if you're wearing a sweater and you have a blanket?

The most surprising thing to me is that Amanda and Jack didn't get married until after David died. My dad wasn't nearly as sick as David and I moved up my wedding to make sure he would be there.

As usual, I love Amanda and Nolan's friendship. And Nolan + puppy = <3 (although I didn't see the puppy on the boat with them later so was Nolan puppysitting?)

Nolan not knowing what to do with himself after Amanda got her finish reminded me of Inigo Montoya at the end of The Princess Bride. Also Nolan was adorable when he nuzzle Amanda's hand after she kissed him.

Jack gets demerits for saying, "It was David who brought Amanda and I together." Learn about object pronouns, damn it!

I don't think the show was trying to say that Amanda was special and good for not killing anyone. Clearly she has been very devious and manipulative in all the things she has done over the years to get revenge on those who helped frame David and put him in prison. Not killing someone doesn't necessarily make you a good person because you can still do a lot of terrible things without taking a life. But Victoria was a terrible person who did terrible things AND killed Aidan with her bare hands. David killed people because he was forced to and he hated what it did to him. He just didn't want Amanda to cross that line. Even cops who have shot and killed criminals have said that justified homicide is still difficult to deal with (hence the mandatory counseling afterward). Amanda didn't even shoot Victoria and she was still haunted by Victoria afterward, so imagine how much worse it would have been if she had been the one to actually shot her.

Did Amanda really get Victoria's heart, or is it really just a dream?

Amanda said, "I just can't get [the dream] out of my head. It's so real." Jack then said, "Well, it's not. It's just a nightmare."

Who was that singing during the wedding scene?  That was horrible!

The song is "For You" by Angus & Julia Stone, a brother sister duet from Australia.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Well...it wasn't bad. I definitely wasn't expecting a happy ending but whatever. Jack and Em finally get married and get a new puppy and Nolan gets a new revenge partner. But last year's was still better because bringing back David just to kill him off again was pointless...or as my friend referred to it, an example of How I Met Your Mother Logic.

If EVC has as much heat with Captain America in the next movie as she did with Jack in their big sex scene, I will be a happy camper.