Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

Kenya Moore is like stupid gov't workers who spew racist shit on Facebook then cry about the first amendment when they get fired. Bitch you tried it and got your ass whipped for it. *YOU* need to move on.

Kenya really doesn't care about getting an apology from Porsha. Actually, I think she would rather not get one - that way she can bring the incident up over and over and brow beat Porsha forever on it  and continue to portray herself as the victim . The no - apology serves a better purpose for Kenya and her martyrdom.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 13

When Kandi said she'd visited people at the prison where Apollo is "many times" why in the sam hell didn't Andy or someone ask her "What? Who? How often?" I mean....it was just sitting there waiting for someone to pounce.

• Love 13

Why has no one ever brought up the "teeth and eyes" comment that Claudia made?  

I laugh when Cynthia and Kandi try to act tough with Nene or Phaedra.  Kandi's a grown woman who still can't stand up to her mother; and Cynthia's a grown woman who will one day wake up broke and alone once Peter has gone through all her money and has found a younger woman.  I remember how nasty Peter was to Cynthia when the poor woman had fibroids; the only thing he cared about was when they were going to have sex again.  You can't make me believe that he's not stepping out.  

• Love 15

Phaedra- It's nobody's damn business if she doesn't want to take her very young children to see their repeat offender criminal father. He is in a prison out of state. It would not be easy to take a baby all that way to visit.  Phone calls would be fine for now.  Why does she have to explain herself ? Shame on her bestie Kandi for not supporting her on that. I do not understand why Kandi, Todd, Peter and Cynthia like Apollo. Well, I understand why Peter does. He misses his strip club buddy. 

Yeah, I didn't care for the eye rolls that Kenya and Kandi threw when Phaedra was talking about prison visits. Ayden and Dylan are not their children; what Phaedra does with them is not their business. If Apollo wanted a relationship with his sons, he should have stayed his ass out of prison. Him possibly losing out on that is a consequence of his actions. Such a double standard - people get on Phaedra for not holding down Apollo, but no one seems to get on Apollo for going to prison.

Also, it's entirely possible that Ayden and Dylan will choose to cut off Apollo of their own accord. My brother was a Big Brother to a kid whose mother is in prison for life (father deceased; mother may have had something to do with that). He's 16 now and hasn't seen or spoken to his mother since he was about 8. His adopted mother visits his bio mom every so often and asks her son to go; he refuses. Ayden will be entering the tween years when Apollo comes toward the end of his sentence, and he may well decide that he doesn't want to deal with Apollo. That's on Apollo.

I laugh when Cynthia and Kandi try to act tough with Nene or Phaedra.  Kandi's a grown woman who still can't stand up to her mother; and Cynthia's a grown woman who will one day wake up broke and alone once Peter has gone through all her money and has found a younger woman.  I remember how nasty Peter was to Cynthia when the poor woman had fibroids; the only thing he cared about was when they were going to have sex again.  You can't make me believe that he's not stepping out.  

My friend and I were texting, and when Kandi said she didn't bite her tongue with anybody he said "Except her mother." And not only do I think Peter cheats now that they're married, I think he's always cheated.

Also he's ranting in the preview about five kids by four women and how none of them say bad things about him. It's nice that they're all cordial, but having five kids by four women is not something to brag about. Cynthia looks so stupid being with him.

I think Nene's "He's 25" re: Bryson is indeed her saying he's on his own. He's an adult with children (right? does he have two?); if he can't stay out of trouble, that's entirely on him. There's nothing Nene can - or should, in my opinion - do about it. 

• Love 8

One thing that definitely needs to stop is Kandi comparing her friendship with Phaedra to Nene's friendship with Phaedra.  It screams "high school" or Twitter/Facebook drama.  Phaedra never said Nene was a perfect friend or that she had forgotten what Nene had said about her before.  She simply said during this situation in her life, Nene had been there for her and they had bonded over their sons/divorce issues.  She didn't compare it to Kandi in any way.  It was Kandi who started the comparison between the two.  And I'm sorry Kandi, but spare me the crocodile tears over it.  You weren't there for Phaedra.  You are feeling guilty as shit about it, which is why you're justifying your actions to anyone who'll listen.  It doesn't make you a shitty friend period, it just makes you a shitty friend in THIS SITUATION.  Apologize for not being there and rectify the situation rather than making it Phaedra's fault.  

• Love 17

I still don't understand why Porsha won't say she's sorry for assaulting Kenya on national TV. I just don't understand how her mind works. I'd be saying I'm sorry, sorry, and will never do it again. Unless she just doesn't care what people and prospective employers in the industry may think of her.

Maybe she's looking for a career in the WWF.

But....but.....but..... she's a married woman! I am getting the vapors.....

I'm perplexed by this as well. Especially since, at the time, she was carried off the stage in tears, crying about hire she couldn't believe how she'd lost control and embarrassed herself in such a way.

Maybe she's come down with a case of the NeNe's and now thinks she is just too special to be bothered. She certainly has allowed her sense of entitlement to get way out of hand the last year or so.

• Love 7

I have always seen Cynthia as an over compliant doormat for Peter. And you know what else? It seems to run in the family. Her sister Mallory was a doormat for her husband. I recall way back when Mallory said she had to give her husband sex every day (or was it multiple times a day ?) . Hey that's fine if its their mutual choice. But Mallory seemed so down trodden and sad when she said that - and frankly, I got a whiff of abused wife. I suspect that Cynthia gets some bad treatment from Peter, too. Maybe not physical - but emotional strong arming. Peter gets his way.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 12

I never noticed Porsha's lantern jaw until last night. I think the hairstyle she chose was unflattering. And how is a dress a child's size 4 on top and a plus size 16 on the bottom? That was one odd looking gown.

But I thought all the women looked fantastic in white.

• Love 5

I think the reason so many people, and the women who question it, are confused about Phaedra's decision not to take her kids to visit their father is because she's not divorcing Apollo. If she is going to stay married to the crook, then the kids will want to know why they didn't see him all those years. Or is she just playing some sick mind game with Apollo? If he's good enough to stay married to, he's good enough to see his kids. That's why I think Phaedra is up to more than what we're seeing. Something is definitely going on.

• Love 12

Phaedra- It's nobody's damn business if she doesn't want to take her very young children to see their repeat offender criminal father. He is in a prison out of state. It would not be easy to take a baby all that way to visit.  Phone calls would be fine for now.  Why does she have to explain herself ? Shame on her bestie Kandi for not supporting her on that. I do not understand why Kandi, Todd, Peter and Cynthia like Apollo. Well, I understand why Peter does. He misses his strip club buddy. 

It is not like taking the kids to visit Apollo is a day trip, it will require the whole weekend, overnight hotel stays for her, the boys and someone willing to go along to help her out. I don't see Kandi volunteering to make that trip with Phaedra and 2 small kids so she needs to back off and shut up about it IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11

There was also one in March 2015. I remember being stuck in Clarksville Tn. Interstate 24 was closed down, and a complete parking lot. If this was taped in March, I understand her point.

Ah, ok. I thought you were referencing the complete clusterfuck that is referred to as "snowmaggedon" (the local news even had an 'anniversary' of it!).

I think the reason so many people, and the women who question it, are confused about Phaedra's decision not to take her kids to visit their father is because she's not divorcing Apollo. If she is going to stay married to the crook, then the kids will want to know why they didn't see him all those years. Or is she just playing some sick mind game with Apollo? If he's good enough to stay married to, he's good enough to see his kids. That's why I think Phaedra is up to more than what we're seeing. Something is definitely going on.

Just because she has not already filed for divorce does not mean she will not do so down the line. IMO, it is wiser for her to take some time to figure out what is best for her and the boys before she makes a decision of this magnitude and it is no one else's, the other HW's, business unless she asks them for their advice/opinion.

During Kandi's many trips to this prison, I didn't hear her say she took Riley with her, and unless she did, she needs to take a seat and shut up about her "experiences".

• Love 7

One thing that definitely needs to stop is Kandi comparing her friendship with Phaedra to Nene's friendship with Phaedra.  It screams "high school" or Twitter/Facebook drama.  Phaedra never said Nene was a perfect friend or that she had forgotten what Nene had said about her before.  She simply said during this situation in her life, Nene had been there for her and they had bonded over their sons/divorce issues.  She didn't compare it to Kandi in any way.  It was Kandi who started the comparison between the two.  And I'm sorry Kandi, but spare me the crocodile tears over it.  You weren't there for Phaedra.  You are feeling guilty as shit about it, which is why you're justifying your actions to anyone who'll listen.  It doesn't make you a shitty friend period, it just makes you a shitty friend in THIS SITUATION.  Apologize for not being there and rectify the situation rather than making it Phaedra's fault.  

I agree with most of this, however, I understand why Kandi is having issues with this.  Nene is someone who has been shitty to both Kandi and Phaedra, and I'm sure both ladies have kiki'd together over how awful Nene has been to them at one time or another.  But to then have Nene come tell you that that same close friend, who as far as you know doesn't roll with Nene "like that", has an issue with you - that sends up a whole lot of flags.  Remember, Nene told Kandi, "You and Phaedra need to work out your issues."  While it may be true that Phaedra never discussed that with Nene, she certainly implied it and (I believe) knew how it would come across to Kandi, who of course was now hurt her close friend hadn't told her they had a problem.  Plus, couple that with the way Nene has treated her "Friends" in the past....I would be concerned too, if my friend was now leaning on someone like that for support.

• Love 7

and it is no one else's, the other HW's, business unless she asks them for their advice/opinion.

Phaedra made it everyone's business when she consults an attorney about filing for divorce on national TV. If it were truly something to be kept private, she should have kept it that way. It's why Andy asked the question, he'd watched it along with everyone else. Phaedra needs to stop picking and choosing what she will or won't talk about when it's been included as part of the show.

• Love 17

Phaedea alluded to 5 degrees.     Is one of them a Head Doctorate?

Did not watch much this season.     

I will watch again when Bravo does a new show a few years from now with both the Moose and her son Byson making their living fencing razors on a street corner.

• Love 6

I didn't have a problem with Porsha telling Phaedra & 4  million people that Peter was cheating on Cynthia because Cynthia had no problem telling Kenya & 4 million people that Phaedra was cheating on Apollo.

Kenya did not make Porsha hit her at last year's reunion.  Porsha could've left, she could've switched seats, she could've ignored Kenya.  Porsha wanted to fight.  She and Kenya could've been on opposite couches and Kenya could've had no props and she would have found some way to fight her.  It wasn't the bullhorn that made Porsha get up and fight, it was what was coming out of the bullhorn: Kenya telling her she was a dumb ho.

The more Porsha opens her mouth, the more I think Kordell was correct to dump this birdbrain.  Now all of a sudden we're finding out Kordell cheated on her.  Right. Ok.  Chirp chirp bye bye.

Demetria must not have given production the drama they wanted so she had to go.  She seemed too mature for all of this.  Or maybe Rogerbobb wanted her off the show.

I really don't think the viewers should be looking down on Claudia's whorish ways (or Porsha's, really) when Kim was such a staple of the show for so long.

I really don't think Claudia's teeth & eyes comments (which did not happen on this show) are important to address, when you have a bunch of 40 year old birdbrains fighting and clucking and perpetuating stereotypes on national TV.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 4

Phaedra made it everyone's business when she consults an attorney about filing for divorce on national TV. If it were truly something to be kept private, she should have kept it that way. It's why Andy asked the question, he'd watched it along with everyone else. Phaedra needs to stop picking and choosing what she will or won't talk about when it's been included as part of the show.

Andy asking her is one thing but no one else needs to voice their opinion into that conversation, except for Nene/Porsha because Phaedra discussed it with them.

My friend and I were texting, and when Kandi said she didn't bite her tongue with anybody he said "Except her mother."

Kandi also bites her tongue with her employees who dog out her husband right in front of her. Don frigging Juan compared Todd having sex to a chihuahua humping and Kandi stood right there and didn't say boo. I mean come the hell on!

I think Phaedra is looking for any excuse or reason not to take the kids to prison. But, if she feels that strongly about it, just say so and be done with it.

She can't, because she's staying married to Apollo. So, what reason does she give? None. And really, it's nobody's business why or why not she chooses what she does. I really do hope she leaves the show for her sons' sakes if nothing else. Let's see who's the more concerned parent.

I can't with all of Phaedra's excuses, first it was the thing about whether there were changing tables, now its the weather? Just say you aren't taking your kids to no damn prison and tell everyone else with an opinion about how to raise your kids to fuck all the way off, then fuck off some more, then a little bit more so that they are back to the place you told them to fuck originally off to and than they can fuck off from there again.

Color me surprised that she went from wanting to file for divorce before Apollo's ride to the prison was barely out of the driveway to now wanting to marinate on the decision.  Not that she can't wait but it just seems very odd and it made me think that something more sinister was afoot. Is Apollo threatening her with something? Is she worried about spousal privilege - if they divorce maybe Apollo could testify about something. The whole 180 is just so jarring to me.

I got excited for a minute when Andy mentioned bringing back Sheree. Truth be told I would trade Porsha, Kenya and Claudia for Sheree. She brought the fun snark for the most part, sad air mattress and all. People will disagree with me but the show took an ugly turn when Kenya was added. And to think when she was originally announced to join I was worried that she was too 'classy' and not base enough for this show. Boy was I wrong.

For all the shit Phaedra (admittedly deserved) gets for marrying a man to have pretty babies with, Kenya has shown herself to be a bit of a color-struck fool as well. Kenya went into a fertility clinic on the show and stated a preference for spunk from a green eyed man.  No shade either. I am down for black women opening up their dating pool to include more than just black men, just don't play yourself during the process.

Why has no one ever brought up the "teeth and eyes" comment that Claudia made? 

She will coast by for it.  Meanwhile her bestie quotes civil rights heroes to shame someone into an apology to her and Claudia uses the same nasty rhetoric and imagery used by racist segregationist as to why black people were subhuman and not worthy of equal rights. Nice.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7

All I could focus my eyes on was Nene's nose. It's so odd looking and brings attention to itself. I'm curious if she went to the plastic surgeon with pictures of noses and this is the one he went with. Her original nose was fine. Who wants to look like Lady Elaine from the Land of Make Believe? And when I couldn't stand to look at her nose, those day glo chompers blinded me.

Both she and Cynthia went overboard with the bright bubblegum pink lipgloss. That's a color that is flattering on almost no one. And speaking of color, why was everyone in white? Were they all going to a party on Puffy's yacht later?

I cracked up at the editors captioning Kandi asking if it was lunchtime yet. Ha!

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 5

This.  A thousand times over.  It's true.  Kenya will never get an apology from Porsha because Porsha's too ignorant to understand why her behavior was beyond unacceptable.  Even a mugshot and a short stint in jail didn't make Porsha understand.  Bravo shouldn't have allowed Porsha to come back to the show even as a "friend of".  TPTB were just rewarding bad behavior in my opinion.

On another note - someone mentioned to me tonight  "Where's Demetria?"  I had to think about that for a minute.  I actually forgot who she was and that she was a cast member this season.  Hee.

Me, too!

I was sitting here wondering if there had been some type of crossover with Blood, Sweat and Heels that I had missed.  

Then I remembered there was, somewhere this season, a "Demetria" on this show, too.

These women all appear to despise each other at this point.

Andy may have to do a major retooling before next season a la RHoNYC when the hostility amongst those women also reached extraordinary proportions.

• Love 4

I agree with most of this, however, I understand why Kandi is having issues with this.  Nene is someone who has been shitty to both Kandi and Phaedra, and I'm sure both ladies have kiki'd together over how awful Nene has been to them at one time or another.  But to then have Nene come tell you that that same close friend, who as far as you know doesn't roll with Nene "like that", has an issue with you - that sends up a whole lot of flags.  Remember, Nene told Kandi, "You and Phaedra need to work out your issues."  While it may be true that Phaedra never discussed that with Nene, she certainly implied it and (I believe) knew how it would come across to Kandi, who of course was now hurt her close friend hadn't told her they had a problem.  Plus, couple that with the way Nene has treated her "Friends" in the past....I would be concerned too, if my friend was now leaning on someone like that for support.

And that's fine.

However, Kandi's using this as some kind of justification for why she shouldn't be taken to task for not being there for Phaedra.  And that's crap.

She can question Phaedra's motivations for her friendship with Nene and she has a valid argument, just don't use it as why she shouldn't be asked where the hell she's been the last few months.

The fact that she spews the crocodile tears during this reunion and makes it all about her with the "you don't have to worry about it anymore!" should be a huge red flag for Phaedra.  Kandi is selfish and cannot admit when she's wrong.  These are not qualities she needs in a friend.  I would give her a pass for walking away if that's what she chose to do.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 4

Don't think she plans to stay married to him.  However, her lawyer advised her to take it slow before she makes that final decision which she has.   She did state on one of the talk shows she was on, that she does not plan to continue a life with Apollo.  Her lawyer just didn't want her to make any hasty decisions while in such an emotional state.

• Love 2

Nene's strategy of deflecting an honest discussion of what went on during the season by saying "you're right/I'm wrong" is very immature. It's also disrespectful to us viewers who invest in this show and turn into the reunions to find out what the cast really feels about things that went on during the season.

But it is funny that she's speaking the truth and doesn't know it - Nene IS wrong!

Agreed - it's a tactical move somehow.

How sad for those precious boys to have such a creep for a dad - one of the the most important parenting decisions a woman makes is choosing the man who will be her kids' dad.

• Love 4

1) I, also, was absolutely shocked at how bad Cynthia looked. The hair was bad, the make up wasn't great. She looked ragged. Like she had been up all night, or had had any sleep, or is going through something (for whatever reason). We really do not know what is really going on in these people's lives day to day. Anyone of us could look haggard for some reason that others may not know.

2) Porsha is stupid. Plain and simple. I was hoping they'd throw the book at her for her assault of Kenya. She wasn't yelling in Porsha's ear. It was CYNTHIA she was sitting next. to. So the scepter wasn't anywhere near Porsha it was closest to CYNTHIA. So PORSHA had no reason to get up out of her seat. So, if it's a year later and Kenya brings it up again to ask about an apology. That's fair game. No excuse for Porsha's assault.  She was antagonized or provoked? B.S.

3) I don't necessarily think the entire series should be retired. I DO think Nene and Phaedra should go. I would like to see the show without those two. I think Kenya, Claudia, Kandi, Cynthia -- and whoever might be added -- could have some great fun times. I'm just done with both Nene and Phaedra's toxic energy. And yes, one could argue that Kenya is toxic as well. But I like Kenya. Because I love someone who THINKS strategically. You can almost see Kenya's calculating mind at work...and I love that...as opposed to Nene's ignorant, loud, inarticulate ass. (She didn't have enough sense to be embarrassed what the "Cinderalla" producer talked about her character not being too "urban." Nene is ignorant. So, I wish Nene and Phaedra both would go.

4) I go back and forth about Kandi. I think she could be and is the true friend type. (They talked about who puts each others business in the street. And Kandi said she never did that and Nene does.) But I'm done' with her inability to set her mom straight. And the disfunction in her home life. I wish she could get her act together in that area.

5) Love Claudia, because she's having fun with the show....as is another one who doesnt' get loud and ignorant to make a point.

6) Love Cynthia, too.

7) Can't wait to see why Nene beaks down, when Dr. Jeff comes on. Something about her background, childhood and her mom. Whatever. She's 40-something years old. I think she's a total fake...and a drama queen. Escorted off the stage crying...yeah, whatever, Lenethia.

ETA: Oh yeah, Phaedra's comments about why she hasn't taken the kids to see Apollo. She thinks she's some souithern bell and that's beneath her. She's full of shit. Look at who she married. And now she won't take the kids to see him. She's a pretentious ass.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 5

Anybody here watch the short-lived (and unceremoniously canceled mid season) "Prison Wives"?

Those women were able to Face Time/Skype with their significant others from the prison.

I'm wondering why that wouldn't be an option in the case of Apollo and his sons.  

He could have a virtual visit with them and they could see their felonious father without Phaedra having to make that trip routinely.  Seems that a trip of that length would be a real hardship on kids of such a young age.

Anyway, it just seems odd to me that the Face Time/Skype method of visitation is an option at some facilities and not others.

• Love 4

Now all of a sudden we're finding out Kordell cheated on her.

I remember reading about this when it happened. He had been back with his ex-girlfriend/baby momma (I think that was her) right about the time they separated. But during the first reunion Porsha was a part of, she was swearing up and down that their marriage was good. HA! How quickly her 'tude changed.

Kentucky may not have the skype capabilities as yet.

Or with him being in the mental health ward, it may not be allowed.

I loved little Ayden on the phone last night. That was the highlight of the show for me.

• Love 4

How sad for those precious boys to have such a creep for a dad - one of the the most important parenting decisions a woman makes is choosing the man who will be her kids' dad.

Which is why I never had kids. When I finally met the "right" man, after a string of bad choices, I was too old for babies. But that is how serious I was about bringing children in to the world with the right man by my side. Sad but true. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

7) Can't wait to see why Nene beaks down, when Dr. Jeff comes on. Something about her background, childhood and her mom. Whatever. She's 40-something years old. I think she's a total fake...and a drama queen. Escorted off the stage crying...yeah, whatever, Lenethia.

Maybe her acting skills have improved after all. I hope once she's escorted off stage she doesn't come back. 

• Love 5

Kandi also bites her tongue with her employees who dog out her husband right in front of her. Don frigging Juan compared Todd having sex to a chihuahua humping and Kandi stood right there and didn't say boo. I mean come the hell on!

I can't with all of Phaedra's excuses, first it was the thing about whether there were changing tables, now its the weather? Just say you aren't taking your kids to no damn prison and tell everyone else with an opinion about how to raise your kids to fuck all the way off, then fuck off some more, then a little bit more so that they are back to the place you told them to fuck originally off to and than they can fuck off from there again.

Color me surprised that she went from wanting to file for divorce before Apollo's ride to the prison was barely out of the driveway to now wanting to marinate on the decision. Not that she can't wait but it just seems very odd and it made me think that something more sinister was afoot. Is Apollo threatening her with something? Is she worried about spousal privilege - if they divorce maybe Apollo could testify about something. The whole 180 is just so jarring to me.

I got excited for a minute when Andy mentioned bringing back Sheree. Truth be told I would trade Porsha, Kenya and Claudia for Sheree. She brought the fun snark for the most part, sad air mattress and all. People will disagree with me but the show took an ugly turn when Kenya was added. And to think when she was originally announced to join I was worried that she was too 'classy' and not base enough for this show. Boy was I wrong.

For all the shit Phaedra (admittedly deserved) gets for marrying a man to have pretty babies with, Kenya has shown herself to be a bit of a color-struck fool as well. Kenya went into a fertility clinic on the show and stated a preference for spunk from a green eyed man. No shade either. I am down for black women opening up their dating pool to include more than just black men, just don't play yourself during the process.

She will coast by for it. Meanwhile her bestie quotes civil rights heroes to shame someone into an apology to her and Claudia uses the same nasty rhetoric and imagery used by racist segregationist as to why black people were subhuman and not worthy of equal rights. Nice.

For me, Nene's ever lighter foundation, nose job and blonde wigs tell me as much about her attitudes as Claudia's "teeth and eyes."

We're all free to have our opinions on what any of it means.

• Love 6

Color me surprised that she went from wanting to file for divorce before Apollo's ride to the prison was barely out of the driveway to now wanting to marinate on the decision.  Not that she can't wait but it just seems very odd and it made me think that something more sinister was afoot. Is Apollo threatening her with something? Is she worried about spousal privilege - if they divorce maybe Apollo could testify about something. The whole 180 is just so jarring to me.

Even if Phaedra divorces Apollo now, "marital privilege" stays intact with anything said/done during the marriage. He can not break that.

. Because I love someone who THINKS strategically. You can almost see Kenya's calculating mind at work...and I love that...

This is why I dislike Kenya, there is nothing real/honest about her on the show. IMO, she is "acting" a part/role and not showing her real self at all.

Why is it ok for Kenya to use her mothers lack of love/involvement or her rejection as an excuse for her attitude but not Nene? When Kenya joined this show, I mentioned how much she and Nene had in common (childhood wise) back then except that Nene never used it to excuse her behavior or to garner sympathy.

Anybody here watch the short-lived (and unceremoniously canceled mid season) "Prison Wives"?

Those women were able to Face Time/Skype with their significant others from the prison.

I'm wondering why that wouldn't be an option in the case of Apollo and his sons.  

He could have a virtual visit with them and they could see their felonious father without Phaedra having to make that trip routinely.  Seems that a trip of that length would be a real hardship on kids of such a young age.

Anyway, it just seems odd to me that the Face Time/Skype method of visitation is an option at some facilities and not others.

We know that Teresa G emails Joe everyday so it is possible for Apollo to at least keep in contact with his sons via the computer and through phone calls.

• Love 3

I think that once you get out of your seat in an argument, you should be prepared to fight, so Kenya got punked last year in the context of practical reality and common sense. However, she doesn't need to "play" the victim. She was assaulted; legally and linguistically, she *is* a victim. If anyone's stretching to definition of words here, it's Porsha categorizing props that were separated from her by more than a full body width as "weapons," and contending that one of those weapons as a ghost . . . Phaedra herself has positioned her parenting and her response to Apollo's incarceration as her central storylines this season. She elected to participate in the show this year, chose to film scenes involving her children, and to provide commentary alone and in conjunction with her mother about Apollo's behavior, and has contributed to discussions about *his* conduct toward the boys, including the speculation that Apollo was going to murder Dylan and Aiden. She has addressed the prospect of prison visits at length. How are Kenya and Kandi not entitled to make facial expressions at the reunion? The raison d'etre of this program is women responding to the storylines they and others have chosen. If Phaedra doesn't want her parenting choices dissected, there's a really simple solution . . . not highlighting her parenting strategies as her primary narrative. I don't think that Phaedra is responsible for Apollo's crimes but, as far as I can see and as far as Phaedra has expressed, she wed Apollo and decided to have children with him post-initial prison sentence of her own volition. His identity as his sons' one and only father is not going to evaporate just because he caught a multi-year conviction, and the matter of visitation is not about him - it's about how weighing what will do more harm: taking Dylan and Aiden to a supervised prison yard or letting them wonder why and how their father evaporated into the ether. If Phaedra doesn't want to do that, she could explain that she's considering still considering what to do and/or that she has resolved against visitation. From "molestors" (which, as I've mentioned before, is a really confusing pretense) to "snow storms," there will always be inconvenient details in undertaking a trip that entails crossing multiple state lines.

• Love 11

Porsha read Kenya, Claudia, and the busted flight attendant (Cynthia) for absolute filth and held her own. 

I really hope Kenya and her toxicity aren't apart of the show next season. Nene may be mean and think her shit doesn't stink, BUT at least she's funny. Kenya is just mean and boring with no purpose. 

Claudia is a try hard and would have NO storyline without Porsha or Nene. Her obsession with Ms. Williams is creepy and Claudia can't seem to take a hint that Porsha wants nothing to do with her. You insult and insinuate things about the woman, but get mad when she ignores you at an event or rejects your attempts at a relationship. Girl, bye. Be friends with your clit and Shelley. 

Phaedra is done with the show, so it seems. 

I used to root for Kandi but she has been such a flop this season. If you're going to hold your co-stars to keeping their word and checking their attitudes, then you need to check your staff and your mother as well.

I hope Cynthia gets the Brandi/Kim Richards treatment as far as editing goes next season. Let all of her and Peter's skeletons fall out and lets talk about their failed businesses and cheating allegations. I wish the best for Noelle and Leon though!

Best looks: Porsha, Nene, Kenya (in her $47 Ali Express dress) and I'll give it to Phaedra because she looked like she was feeling herself (legs and boobs out).

Edited by bromosexual
  • Love 5

Even if Phaedra divorces Apollo now, "marital privilege" stays intact with anything said/done during the marriage. He can not break that

Marital privilege I believe only covers communications between the spouses.

But spousal privilege regarding testimony ends upon divorce so divorced spouses may testify about anything that occurred before during or after the marriage.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

A lot of times, I think to myself "UGH" when Phaedra goes on to say/act like she's classy "southern belle"....It's good to try to be one as much as you can, but don't act like you ain't human with no flaws.... BUT. she does have some redeeming moments, especially, when she does scenes with her kids....

Kenya reminds me of Sonja from RHONY because they both act like they are a bigger deal have such a great life then they really do.... But, @ least they got set a goal achieved it like Sonja with her "clothing label" Kenya with her "TV show"....

• Love 1

Can we talk for a second about that "weave commercial" or whatever the fuck that was? That was quite a misstep from the producers and/or Andy. 

The commercial was a bit off but it was a painful truth. I am personally disturbed to see a whole cast of Black women who feel they can't be presentable unless they glue and sew in fake hair. Fake hair, fake boobs, fake caterpillar eyelashes, etc. And ladies, can we restraint the mammary glands? It's so tiresome.

• Love 7

But it is funny that she's speaking the truth and doesn't know it - Nene IS wrong!

Agreed - it's a tactical move somehow.

Say what you want about Phaedra (and Lord knows I've said plenty) - she is a damned good mother and she will take great care of her sons with or without Apollo, married or divorced.  Phaedra has a good support system/family.  I don't fault her one bit for not wanting to take her very young children out of state for prison visits.  She just needs to knock it off with the stupid assed excuses.  It makes her look dumb and she doesn't even need to do that.   Stand firm, say no.  Say the boys are too young and its too far to travel.  End of story.  Phaedra makes the decisions.  She's the parent.  Apollo needs to shut it and do his time.

• Love 11

Marital privilege I believe only covers communications between the spouses.

But spousal privilege regarding testimony ends upon divorce so divorced spouses may testify about anything that occurred before during or after the marriage.

Marital/Spousal privilege continues after the divorce with anything said during the marriage, anything said after separation or divorce is fair game. And yes, it only coves what is said between spouses.

I really don't think Claudia's teeth & eyes comments (which did not happen on this show) are important to address, when you have a bunch of 40 year old birdbrains fighting and clucking and perpetuating stereotypes on national TV.

What exactly is that perfect performance of blackness that will allow us to clap back at racist remarks like Claudia's. Bill Russell's house was broken into and they shit in his bed. Where shall we begin with the remarks about POTUS so, please let me know when somebody gets it right

Are the same people who berate Phaedra for marrying Apollo in the first place, now suggesting she should take small children to prison to visit him? When Kandi brought her cousin on to tell Phaedra how much good it did him to visit his father in prison; Phaedra's first question was to ask if he'd been in trouble with the law and the answer was yes--so what exactly was the good it did? Phaedra doesn't talk badly about Apollo, she makes excuses for him or downplays his actions. I guess it would be too generous to think perhaps she doesn't want to bad mouth her boys' father on TV.  Any bad behavior Apollo demonstrated was on him. Are people who agree this show is stereotypical really advocating for taking young black boys to prison to visit their father to normalize that situation. 

Kenya, Claudia and Cynthia failed miserably at creating some sort of storyline for themselves that didn't involve Nene. Cynthia should have known better since she was basically nothing but a parrot repeating messages from Nene and providing status of her doings when Nene was in The New Normal. They aren't interesting or cool enough to form a clique anyone truly cares about. After someone flat out tells you they don't want to be your friend and you spend the next few months doing nothing but talking about them you just need to get a life.

Porsha will marry a rich man that will take care of her but she should go to community college or just get a reading list for her own good. Being dumb can't be fun.  

This show needs a complete reset because they have been so nasty to each other it will be impossible to watch and believe any of their interactions.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 12

Kenya really doesn't care about getting an apology from Porsha. Actually, I think she would rather not get one - that way she can bring the incident up over and over and brow beat Porsha forever on it  and continue to portray herself as the victim . The no - apology serves a better purpose for Kenya and her martyrdom.

Kenya just likes to bring up old shit no matter whether she gets an apology or not soooooo her getting an apology or not wont make a difference. Porsha may as well not give one.

• Love 5

If I remember correctly Phaedra never said she wasn't going to divorce Apollo just said that she would make her decisions when they were right for her and her family.

If I ever went to prison, don't know for what but IF EVER I wouldn't want my children seeing me in there. Phone calls and letters and emails would have to suffice. You can be there for someone without physically seeing them.

• Love 4

She consulted an attorney, she didn't file and never said she was filing on camera. Either way the final decisions are up to her and how she chooses to announce it or not is no one's business.

• Love 3

I just couldn't muster up enough energy or attention to care about these Hos.

I loved Atlanta during the first few seasons but the show is currently so far from there, it might as well be a different franchise completely.  NeNe is so full of herself I don't know why she bothers. Porsha is too stupid to worry much about.  Phaedra seems offended that anyone wants to get all up in her bizness about her huzzbin despite airing all their dirty laundry throughout the season.  Cynthia looked terrible.  Only Kenya, Kandi and Claudia seemed themselves.

Everything seems so scripted - - I don't buy these ladies are friends outside of filming and that's the root of the problem.  In the first seasons you knew NeNe and Kim were friends and NeNe and Sheree were frenemies.

• Love 3

When Kandi said she'd visited people at the prison where Apollo is "many times" why in the sam hell didn't Andy or someone ask her "What? Who? How often?" I mean....it was just sitting there waiting for someone to pounce.

Please have been Joyce, please have been Joyce, pretty please let it have been Joyce she visited!

• Love 7
Kenya's abandonment by her mother is on front street.  She never denied that lineage.  Porsha presented herself as a scion of the Williams's family.  Porsha embarrassed herself by engaging in a brawl and referring to herself as a THOT.  Porsha embarrassed herself further, IMO, by telling Andy (not Kenya) that she would not apologize to Kenya and she would never apologize to Kenya.  No one is saying that should apologize to Kenya for the baiting and the verbal fights that they both engage in with each other.  However, she should apologize for initiating the physical altercation.  Porsha said she was wrong initially.  When she gained internet comment courage, she reversed tactics.  She is just as much as a hypocrite as she accuses the other women of being.

Porsha should never be ashamed of her life choices and no one can shame her unless she thinks her choices are shameful.  Kenya has no control over Porsha.  Porsha has control over Porsha.

And more that that, Kenya’s abandonment apparently happened when she was a young child – it had NOTHING to do with her, it’s all about her mother’s issues.  So the 2 things are NOT comparable, IMO.

And while Porsha won’t apologize to Kenya, believe me, in Court her lawyer is going to suggest an apology of sorts.  Showing remorse is one of the things the Judge will look for.

Phaedra- It's nobody's damn business if she doesn't want to take her very young children to see their repeat offender criminal father. He is in a prison out of state. It would not be easy to take a baby all that way to visit.  Phone calls would be fine for now.  Why does she have to explain herself ? Shame on her bestie Kandi for not supporting her on that.

While normally it’s no one else’s business, Phaedra made the decision to put her life, and the lives of her children, front and center.  She’ compounding this by stating she is not divorcing her husband, so technically – unless she obtains a legal separation – he has every right to move back in upon parole. 

And Kandi has made it clear that she has personal reasons for disagreeing with Phaedra.  If they are really good friends, she should be able to have a different opinion here.  IMO Kandi is not obligated to support Phaedra; she’s doing the best she can by not talking about it constantly.  She stated her opinion during the show and seems to have stayed out of it since.

Even if Phaedra divorces Apollo now, "marital privilege" stays intact with anything said/done during the marriage. He can not break that.

I did some internet research, and apparently GA law was changed in 2013 to eliminate the privilege, as to all crimes.  It was geared to domestic violence cases, but affected everything.  And of course it doesn’t exist in domestic relations cases anyway.  So that doesn’t explain her actions.

And Phaedra – stop with the insanely long fake eyelashes.  Especially when they start and stop ¼ inch away from the corners of your eyes!  It’s stupid looking!

Why do none of these women realize the fakeness is so obvious?  From the wigs of hair colors that don't exist in nature, Nene's blindingly white teeth, the fake eyelashes, etc.  Heck, even the "diamonds"  that are so large we all KNOW they are fake, because none of these women have that kind of money (well, except Kandi, but she doesn't seem to care about that stuff). 

I just don't understand the desire to show your breasts so much, less is more "ladies!"  And Porsha especially needed some help - tape/strapless bra - because that left breast wanted to get the heck out of Dodge.  Not that I can blame it!

• Love 10

This. The emboldened sentence, to me, is the essence of Phaedra on this show. Hence all the criticisms about being fake. Why would this issue be any different?

Color me surprised that she went from wanting to file for divorce before Apollo's ride to the prison was barely out of the driveway to now wanting to marinate on the decision.  Not that she can't wait but it just seems very odd and it made me think that something more sinister was afoot. Is Apollo threatening her with something? Is she worried about spousal privilege - if they divorce maybe Apollo could testify about something.

And this might be the answer. I think it's really plausible.

• Love 2

I am so sad for myself. I will never ever ever never be able to remember this & say it to someone :(

tell everyone else ... to fuck all the way off, then fuck off some more, then a little bit more so that they are back to the place you told them to fuck originally off to and than they can fuck off from there again.

• Love 11