Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: New House, Old Grudges

• Start Topic

It's just like.... a performance. For a reaction. Instead of just plain ol' getting to know someone perhaps, for me? I find Carole attention seeking and the more provocative the people thinks she is, the more she likes it. Kinda like George.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 6

I think Sonja is (not so secretly) enjoying what's happening to Ramona.

Totally agree. I always got the feeling that Sonja was Ramona's friend as much out of what R could deliver -- a drinking buddy, someone to pick up the check, a paid-for Hamptons holiday and so on -- as opposed to any great genuine affection. I wonder if Sonja ever danced the horizontal tango with Mario. Hope not.

• Love 8

It's just like.... a performance. For a reaction. Instead of just plain ol' getting to know someone perhaps, for me? I find Carole attention seeking and the more provocative the people thinks she is, the more she likes it. Kinda like George.

Emphasis on "kinda"  but, yeah.

I just looked at a map of Sag Harbor and I love Lulu's location.  She's got her own dock and a boat which you couldn't have on the ocean.  The bay is big enough that you could waterski or tube, something that's difficult to do on the Atlantic.  But if she wanted access to the big water by boat, it's not too far away.  So perfect.

• Love 3

I am so sick of Bethenny already.  She's ruining the season for me.  I can see why her marriage lasted 5 minutes.  One minor disagreement with Ramona and she's running out the door saying, "I don't want to hang out with you."  Really? 

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 11

Totally agree. I always got the feeling that Sonja was Ramona's friend as much out of what R could deliver -- a drinking buddy, someone to pick up the check, a paid-for Hamptons holiday

....a potential roommate.  If Sonja really is broke and keeps spending, she's going to need a place to live and a roommate.

• Love 6

In season 5.. carole went on a date with that fashion guy..who was half her age...and when she found out his age...she opted not to pursue it even though he liked her.

Perhaps since then she has changed her tune..or else being single has lowered her standards?

I don't remember Carole stating that the guys age was the reason she didn't want to pursue, I know it came up but I think she just all around wasn't into the guy. Chemistry is one of those things that's hard to predict or the understand. I don't think Carole has ever stated she's not attracted to or interested in younger guys as a standard.

I didn't find Carole to be over the top, inappropriate or annoying with the chef. I think Heather and LuAnn were the ones talking about how hot he was right in front of him, that's the part I found cringeworthy. Since they are still dating, it seems Chef Adam was digging Carole's chili.

• Love 6

I feel like that's normal flirting. "Getting to know you" talk is stuff for dates.

• Love 3

She's got her own dock and a boat which you couldn't have on the ocean.  The bay is big enough that you could waterski or tube, something that's difficult to do on the Atlantic.  But if she wanted access to the big water by boat, it's not too far away.  So perfect.

Not perfect.  No pool or hot tub.  On a stifling August night, you're stuck.

• Love 3

I have been in Sag Harbor on the hottest nights of the summer. There is always a great breeze off the water. It is Heaven. Luann did great with her cottage. 

She is a smart cookie.

I agree and it is not as pretentious as the other Hampton's.

The vibe in Sag Harbor is so chill. She did well IMO.

• Love 3

She's full of it. She never promoted anything.

Depends on how one defines "promotion," I guess. When I followed her on FB she'd give numerous shout-outs to products and businesses (and yes, I will admit that I did seek out some of the hair care products she mentioned). And didn't she promote "Commando" underwear last season? She had a giveaway for Commando on her FB page.

As for Carol and George...until Carol, or anyone else for that matter, tells someone how they're going to sexually molest their corpse when they're dead, George is in a class all his own where unwanted, desperate, disgusting overtures are concerned.

• Love 5

I just think it's pathetic. Plain and simple, I'm not opposed to age differences in relationships but a gap that big...... Well, it's pathetic and the *fact* that they are still together means he's just as pathetic as she is and probably has mommy issues to boot.

If my 22 year old son was dating a 45-50 year old, like myself, sorry, but I would be thinking WTF? At the same time, if my 23 year old daughter was dating someone my age, boy would that gross me out. Sorry, but that's how I feel. Of course, the difference between older women & men is that with an older woman, does that mean the younger man doesn't want kids? Of course, he may not, no big deal, but than again, he might change his mind and if he committed to someone beyond child bearing years or done with it, where does that leave him? The negative reaction comes from a parenting concern in some cases.

Don't be uncool. I've dated a 24 year old and a 28 year old over the last 6 years...whew that was fun! It's fun! As long as everybody is on the same page it's just like dating anyone else. Honestly, when you find someone who's intellectually, emotionally and sexually stimulating, age is the last thing you think about. Since men can have babies at any age they choose, if they want to spend their 20s (too young IMO to be dads) helping me ease out of my sexual peak and into peri-menopause good for me no? Get it Carole!

I loved Bethany the first go-round but she really needs to take it down a notch. I'm NY born and bred so the speed doesn't bother me but the pitch is horrendous. GAh you had a talk show and you don't know how to modulate your voice?!! Bethany better find a fucking place soon because I can't with the complaining.

Why do these women have such a hard time processing colloquialisms? Its so weird. "don't have a cow" "what are you talking about? where would I get a cow?" It's fucking maddening listening to them talk. That ridiculous "in the company of men" was misused but didn't have to be beaten to death. That's not stupid but there's a word for it... That said, RHONY is the most articulate group of any of the Housewives shows which I'm not sure is a compliment.

Kristen's spontaneous, hysterical laughter when Sonja was flirting with the gardener was great.

I love it that Ramona is introspective post break up, but I'm gonna need a minute to jump onto the sympathy bus. I don't blame LuAnn for being gun-shy though. Luann is my spirit animal. I love her. Poor Sonja, she should have cultivated a romance or friendship with someone who would be willing to take care of her because I honestly don't think she'll make it on her own. 

Can Heather and Bethany please stop ruining slang for those of us that know how to use it appropriately? 

Sonja+Ramona+???= Golden Girls 2.0

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 14

I would also like to know: what's wrong with Carole thinking that she is fabulous? Why shouldn't we be our own best cheerleaders? There are enough people out there in the world who demean, criticize, and belittle us. Heaven forbid we toot our own horns sometimes.

But, I guess she just be holed up in her apartment with 10 cats, sippin' on some prune juice, and yelling at the contestants on Jeopardy.

Indeed!

I like 'em young myself, so I've got no room to talk. My only quibble would be that Carole has *zero* game, LOL. But you do you, Carole!

• Love 6

Back to Brunchgate, did Betthenny ask Sonja out for brunch in front of all the others? I think that is inconsiderate -- beyond the fact that Sonja was Ramona's houseguest (which B may or may not have known.)

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 4

Back to Brunchgate, did Betthenny ask Sonja out for brunch in front of all the others? I think that is inconsiderate -- beyond the fact that Sonja was Ramoma's houseguest (which B may or may not have known.)

Bethenny asked what everyone was doing tomorrow, brunch was brought up and Bethenny was trying to gauge what exactly everyone wanted to do. She suggested everyone could come to her house (I assume to brunch?) and Sonja started talking about she hasn't seen Bethenny's house. Bethenny told her she could come over and see it in the morning "and then we'll go to brunch." I think the plan was a group brunch all along.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 8

Totally agree. I always got the feeling that Sonja was Ramona's friend as much out of what R could deliver -- a drinking buddy, someone to pick up the check, a paid-for Hamptons holiday and so on -- as opposed to any great genuine affection. I wonder if Sonja ever danced the horizontal tango with Mario. Hope not.

I, too, think that Sonja is kind of enjoying seeing Ramona go through this divorce business because misery does love company, but I do believe that they have a genuine friendship. They've known each other for a really long time when they were young gals out on the town in New York City. Sonja may be down on her luck now, but there was a period when she was more affluent than Ramona because Mario and her hard work do not equal Morgan money. And she would never sleep with Mario because Ramona truly is her friend.

• Love 5

"In the company of men" was beaten to death because that's what Bethenny does to her relationships with men. I would say to Bethenny that she doesn't "get it" but her verbal splatter is scary and I avoid beastly arguments with shrews like her.

• Love 13

Just shut up Bethenny!  Bringing her back seems dated and desperate for the show.  She seems hard, brittle and angry. Too hard-edged, too loud, too shrill.

I think she's being heinous thus far this season. She was peppering the other women with questions like it was machine-gun fire, totally on-edge with everyone, and she even bitched at her driver for being stopped at a red light!

It's obvious why she wants an apartment with a pull-out bed and kitchen for her employees. "You're working late, so why don't you just sleep here?" "No need to go out to lunch - just make something in the kitchen!" I can't imagine working for that nightmare of a woman.

I guess that's why (as another poster said) they added Dorinda as the new Greek chorus. Bethenny could never fill that role now.

ETA: Crosspost with June, LOL!

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 13

Carole is much too coy for me and rather held the chef hostage since he was working and couldn't leave. LOL, she doesn't even have a kitchen!

I adore Lu's house! She will soon be just one living there. But room for the kids when they come home and for entertaining. Plus she has her NYC apt as well. Sonja has some nerve being critical of it. And insulting to Carole that just has an apt in NYC. And lives alone.

Come to think of it most of the HW's here have reached that point - B, R, L, C, D (kind of).

Beth and Ramona are a little too toxic for me. OTOH I do get a kick out of Lu trying to keep the peace. I love Lu.....but mostly always have.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 5

My problem with Carole is not her self confidence, she has a lot to be happy with herself about, what drives me nuts is she thinks she is funnier than she is.  I don't care that she talks about her hot ass, because I agree she looks great. I think truly witty people are a little more effortless.  I guess it's better than the Bethany/Brandi sledge hammer style though.  I think Carole is sexy, and if that Chef is straight he was probably flattered and into it except nervous about the cameras, as a normal person (not a housewife) would be.

• Love 3

Well, after last week and the toxic wasteland that is the RHOBH, this was a welcome respite. After last week's intro, between the existing cast and bringing back Bethenny, I wondered what the hell Dorinda was there for. Now, I hope she doesn't make me regret this later, but she is a friggin' delight! Viva Dorinda! Common sense, funny and a dry wit? More Dorinda! The rest was rather fun to see the rest of the cast get together and have some fun. Then enter...Bethenny. It wears a bit thin. First of all, it's not the same as it was a few years ago when she was running her own business without a massive team. Come on, at this point Jim Beam is doing the heavy lifting and she is the face of the brand. I'm sure she's working hard, but this whole "the fate of skinnygirl rests upon my shoulders" act is total BS. So far we've seen her heading to...personal appearances and brand promotion events, not hitting the board room and corporate strategy sessions. That's what getting bought out means. And while Ramona was quick to overreact, I agree that Bethenny had her back up going in to the party. She clearly thinks very highly of herself and that she is above the show. "What will the others think about my talk show? Will they be envious?" Have you met Radzi? She's pretty accomplished in her own right - and did it before and without the help of reality TV. Don't get me wrong, B did her thing and got paid and that should not be taken away from her, but she's not the first to ever do it. Get over thyself, B!

Edited by The Evil One
  • Love 10

I think she's being heinous thus far this season. She was peppering the other women with questions like it was machine-gun fire, totally on-edge with everyone, and she even bitched at her driver for being stopped at a red light.

Yea, that's my observation, too. It's like she's on speed. So even though Ramona's "calm down" speech was bizarre and funny and more about Ramona's weirdness, there was a tinge of truth to it. I also notice how she peppers people with rapid-fire questions - something she took pride in when she was promoting her talk show (but maybe not so good at listening?) Interesting because she's now claiming she wasn't suited for the talk show format.

I've always gotten the impression that she's someone who believes her own press releases. And with Bravo courting her so heavily, maybe it reinforced her already strong sense of self, and she came with guns blazing. I wish she'd calm down a bit, but then again, that's not as much fun to snark on.

• Love 7

Bethenny's first Hamptons party of her second era culminates in a wine-drunk tiff with Ramona over brunch etiquette. Because sometimes The Real Housewives of NYC really is a Mad Libs.

Read the story

Mad Libs!!!  Loved those.  Can you believe my kids don't love the game as much as I do?  They have to play with a pen.  Not 'hit enter'.  Sonja, I wasn't talking about your sex life.  God, it's aways about you you YOU.

Loved the above poster's comment ---  so over the sister thing.  Ramoaner and her sister.  Please, no.  I'm still hung over from the Richard sisters.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

First of all, it's not the same as it was a few years ago when she was running her own business without a massive team. Come on, at this point Jim Beam is doing the heavy lifting and she is the face of the brand. I'm sure she's working hard, but this whole "the fate of skinnygirl rests upon my shoulders" act is total BS. So far we've seen her heading to...personal appearances and brand promotion events, not hitting the board room and corporate strategy sessions. That's what getting bought out mean.

As I understand it, Jim Beam bought the Skinnygirl liquor end of the business, but Skinnygirl the brand has a number of other products and entities that Bethenny manages. Plus, I think I remember reading that she's still involved with the liquor brand, at least in a nominal way, and gets royalties based on future sales, so she's still invested in a financial way.

• Love 9

I didn't start watching this franchise until the season after Bethenny left.  I have read so many comments over the years since from people who seemed to think she was really great.  I only knew her from the Martha Stewart Apprentice season...and didn't like her.  I thought she had perhaps changed based on the positive remarks about her time on Real Housewives.  After watching the first two episodes of this season I am ready for her to leave again. 

• Love 7

I loved Lu's house. It look really cozy.

And Sonja can lose me with her looking down of the nose at Luanna's Sag Harbor house. Look, I am not even remotely familiar with NYC or the surrounding areas (been to the city on the way to Cape Cod twice around the age of 5), but I thought her house looked lovely. Much more open, airy, and cheerful than the old one. But, hello, Sonja! You just pulled a Corona out of your fucking purse! Who are you to act all high and mighty!?

Well, Sonja is used to vacationing in St Tropez... Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 6
They are driving in what looks like midtown NYC and come to a stop and B asks "why have we stopped" and the driver says "because we are at a red light." What? It just seemed so fucking weird to me. Driving a car in NYC, you are lucky to be moving. Who the hell asks why have we stopped? That is pretty much what driving in NYC is stop, stop, stop, drive, stop, stop, drive. So weird.

I didn't get this at all.  Driving around in Manhattan during the week, mid-day, sucks.  Why would she brag about doing this?  It doesn't make her look like a big shot.  Just makes her seem like she doesn't know how to best use her time.  I mean, really, who the fuck would wanna spend all day sitting in traffic?  Big ole fail on this shit, B.

I feel like I am going to be besieged by Skinnygirl crap both blatantly and subliminally.

Yeah, well, guess what?  I just got hit with 3 emails from Bed Bath & Beyond today, pushing this crapola.  Co-inky-dink?  Er, me thinks not!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/sodastream-reg-skinnygirl-reg-sparkling-drink-mix-collection/218166?Keyword=sodastream

• Love 5

I, too, think that Sonja is kind of enjoying seeing Ramona go through this divorce business because misery does love company, but I do believe that they have a genuine friendship...(snip).... And she would never sleep with Mario because Ramona truly is her friend.

I hope not. I've always gotten a vibe that, while Ramona truly valued Sonja as a close pal, Sonja liked Ramona but more as a friend of convenience.

• Love 4

About the brunch issue...I don't know really what the etiquette is, but if I wanted to host a brunch, I would invite everyone from both houses, especially the hosts. It just seems right. Bethennys inviting only Sonja seemed deeply wrong. I loved the houses, the views, and the bit of tension. I love Carole, but not the flirting with the very young chef. Not saying it's wrong, but it made me uncomfortable. Bethenny is showing too much testosterone but I admire her success. And, by the way, I recall her saying "Skinny Girl Margarita;" not LuAnn. I love Heather, but she should have kept her mouth shut about how Bethenny should spend her profits.

• Love 2
I've always gotten a vibe that, while Ramona truly valued Sonja as a close pal, Sonja liked Ramona but more as a friend of convenience. 

If I'm remembering correctly, when Sonja was introduced in S3, it came out that she and Ramona had been really good friends and then lost track of each other for a long time. I always figured that Ramona didn't fit into Sonja's new life once she married Morgan and started mingling with a more exclusive group of people.

And amen to Bethenny not being able to resume her Greek chorus role anymore. She's become the very type of person she used to skewer. She allegedly hired personal coaches to help her soften her rough edges. Yeah, good luck with that.

Finally, in the preview for Season 7, Carole is seen saying to Kristen, "You know that personal chef from LuAnn's? We're practically living together," so I'm guessing that he liked Carole back :)

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 10

I have never heard someone say that they were "keeping the company of men" and not mean it in a sexual way or to jokingly say that they're dating a lot of guys. Is it really that common for people to use it like Ramona was? All the other posts are making me think I only know very dirty minded people.

• Love 6

About the brunch issue...I don't know really what the etiquette is, but if I wanted to host a brunch, I would invite everyone from both houses, especially the hosts. It just seems right. Bethennys inviting only Sonja seemed deeply wrong. I loved the houses, the views, and the bit of tension. I love Carole, but not the flirting with the very young chef. Not saying it's wrong, but it made me uncomfortable. Bethenny is showing too much testosterone but I admire her success. And, by the way, I recall her saying "Skinny Girl Margarita;" not LuAnn. I love Heather, but she should have kept her mouth shut about how Bethenny should spend her profits.

I agree with all of this! You said it much better than I could, Notmuchofacook -- thank you!

• Love 2

After watching the first two episodes of this season I am ready for her to leave again. 

I'm not ready for her to go just yet.  Let's see her interact with Heather first.  That should be interesting in a 'two billy goats meeting on a narrow path on the side of a mountain' way.

• Love 5
 I have never heard someone say that they were "keeping the company of men" and not mean it in a sexual way or to jokingly say that they're dating a lot of guys.

My mother - who's 80 - used to say "keeping company" as another term for "dating." Like, "Back when your father and I were keeping company...." (and it was not meant in a sexual way). Then again, my mom only used it to refer to two people seeing each other, like a courtship, and not a person casually dating many people.

I think it's one of those phrases that was innocent once upon a time but has come to mean something else today. That said, Bethenny should have just let it go instead of harp on it.

• Love 7

I think she's being heinous thus far this season. She was peppering the other women with questions like it was machine-gun fire, totally on-edge with everyone, and she even bitched at her driver for being stopped at a red light!

It's obvious why she wants an apartment with a pull-out bed and kitchen for her employees. "You're working late, so why don't you just sleep here?" "No need to go out to lunch - just make something in the kitchen!" I can't imagine working for that nightmare of a woman.

I guess that's why (as another poster said) they added Dorinda as the new Greek chorus. Bethenny could never fill that role now.

ETA: Crosspost with June, LOL!

I find it hilarious that Bethenny is acting like Queen Bee right off the bat. LOL

• Love 2

I'm not ready for her to go just yet.  Let's see her interact with Heather first.  That should be interesting in a 'two billy goats meeting on a narrow path on the side of a mountain' way.

You have a point there!  I think I would put my money on Heather if those two lock horns.

• Love 3

I'm confused....didn't Bethanny say on WWHL (?) that she couldn't buy a house during the ongoing court case with Jason.....yet bought the Hampton House and apt in Soho since her split. She even said, iirc, this has been the case for 2 years.

Bethenny also claims to have been lost at sea and rescued by the US Coast Guard.  Bethenny had a pre0nup and everything was separate she just wants the apartment she had with Jason.

• Love 3

Bethenny also claims to have been lost at sea and rescued by the US Coast Guard.  Bethenny had a pre0nup and everything was separate she just wants the apartment she had with Jason.

Who rescued Bethinnny?  Fire that bastard.  

I should sell that as a bumper sticker.  See how many honks I get.  50/50 on thumbs up or heads with large jaws shaking their head back and forth saying "wha wha wha, what, where am I, who dahz this?"  

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 7

...heads with large jaws shaking their head back and forth saying "wha wha wha, what, where am I, who dahz this?"

Who is Terry Dubrow? Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 4

I'm confused, are you supposed to flirt in a way that makes the other person think you *aren't* all that? Isn't that the point of flirting? To make the other person think you're fab?

Whenever Carole flirts, to me she feels like the "Don't" example in a chick mag article ( "How To Power Flirt In Ten Easy Steps! Make eye contact, but look away first! Pick an oddball thing about yourself and SELL IT! Mention the most obscure literary book you know, but then talk about your favorite sex position! Smile like the Cheshire Cat, only BIGGER!")  It always comes off as Carole being frantic to appear sexy and fabulous, instead of wanting to make something sexy and fabulous happen between her and the guy. Using them, not connecting with them.  (Also, I'm not thrilled with her relentlessly hitting on men who are working around her in a position that doesn't feel equal -- they have no freedom to blow her off, even when --as with the swimming guy awhile back -- they are clearly not into her at all.)

• Love 15

Happy Wednesday everybody! Please remember our motto here on the RH forums: Snark the Show, not your fellow posters!

I see some new names here so I just want to make it clear that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you are free to disagree but if you do it in a way that attacks or "calls out" another poster the comment will go poof. Some comments have already gone poof. If you can't figure out a nice way to disagree with someone it's better to not post at all.

Don't make this kitten even sadder. 

yJl4m5E.jpg

That kitten should be dating Kingsley.

• Love 3

I have never heard someone say that they were "keeping the company of men" and not mean it in a sexual way or to jokingly say that they're dating a lot of guys. Is it really that common for people to use it like Ramona was? All the other posts are making me think I only know very dirty minded people.

My grandmother (very old and very Southern) has always called dating "keeping company".  It was not meant to indicate that one was having sex with those men, simply that you were dating them - and in her mind, most of that meant he would come over to the house and sit in the living room in full view of the entire household while I "entertained" my guest.  I rolled my eyes at Bethenny going on about how Ramona was saying, essentially, that she was whoring about town with men because that's now how I understand that phrase at all.  To me, it sounds sweet and old-fashioned and much more about the art of dating and getting to know one another than about sexual encounters.

• Love 11

Hey look, if Carole & the chef want to date each other, I don't give a rat's ass.  20 or 30 or 50 year age diff -- whatevs.  That's their business, not mine.  Er, I do kinda wonder if she's throwing hundred dollar bills and/or Gucci wallets at him, as Satan Andy supposedly does with his 20-somethings.  But her chasing after barely legal dudes ain't what's bugging me about her this season.  It's her shitty-ass sense of humor & these various idiotic personas she's throwing at us.  It's not cute.  She's smart.  Be smart, hun.  Don't fucking fake being a ditz.   I don't like it.

And btw, Carole, if you are gonna make shit up, go fuckin' hit on hot boy Noel & really entertain us.  I so wanna see Lu blow her stack over that one.  Funny thing is I hear slutty women can get nuts over their kids wanting to have sex.  And we know Lu made sure Noel had his own place so Mama can get some regular dick action without being disturbed.  And no, Lu ain't Moaner.  Sounds like Lu is gettin' plenty & I say good for her.  Moaner seems to me like quite the prude.  Remember her giving Mario the massage?  Ew.  Me thinks Mario was goin' the hooker route during their whole marriage.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

That kitten should be dating Kingsley.

Kingsley could invite Kitty over.  For dinner.

To me, it sounds sweet and old-fashioned and much more about the art of dating and getting to know one another than about sexual encounters.

Yup.  Courting. 

But leave it to kids these days to take an innocent or archaic term/word and turn it into something it's not. Crop dusting and dutch oven for example. 

Like when 'morning wood' actually referred to the wood that was brought in, at the break of day, to be put in the stove to heat the cabin. 

Then grandma would heat the 'dutch oven' to make the biscuits for breakfast that grandpa would eat before he went out 'crop dusting'.

Obviously I have a teenaged boy.

• Love 6