Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: New House, Old Grudges

• Start Topic

You want entertainment? Follow Dorinda on Twitter. She makes no effort to hide that she strongly dislikes Sonja and eventually will dislike Heather too. Her tweets are equal parts hilarious, shady, and bitchy, and she's perfect. Team Dorinda all the way.

• Love 4

I also agree with your comments as well. I was just trying to explain why myself & other posters have commented on the skeeve factor. I don't really care who Carole dates...I just think she appeared pathetic and was trying to explain why I feel that way. If it's not serious, I agree, who cares. If it is, that's their business, however, I'm just saying it seems odd to me and I don't see the attraction.

I don't see anything pathetic, especially considering they are (it seems rather exclusively) dating, so I guess he was in to the flirting, too. He seems like a super interesting and accomplished guy, I am guessing there is more to the attraction than an age difference.

Adam Kenworthy, founder http://fincafarms.com/index.html#!/

I'm sure Carole is enjoying something other than takeout! http://www.accesshollywood.com/a-plant-based-diet-what-are-the-health-benefits_video_2135337

• Love 3

I created an account just so I can gush about my LuAnn sighting last weekend! Was in Bridgehampton on Saturday having lunch at a table outside when I heard her unmistakeable voice...and right there, talking to the people at the table next to me, was LuAnn! She looked absolutely gorgeous, talked to the table for about five minutes (I even heard someone introducing her to the others as LuAnn), then went into an apartment right next to me, came out a few minutes later, then sat on a bench talking to her friend for a while. Soooo exciting! Not only my first ever Housewives sighting, but my favorite Housewife no less!

I should also mention that this whole thing happened about 2 hours after I got engaged. My fiance was not in the least bit amused that I found the two events to be even remotely comparable on the excitement scale ;)

Aww congratulations and thank you for sharing your sighting. I bet Lu is quite a stunner in person.

• Love 3

I also agree with your comments as well. I was just trying to explain why myself & other posters have commented on the skeeve factor. I don't really care who Carole dates...I just think she appeared pathetic and was trying to explain why I feel that way. If it's not serious, I agree, who cares. If it is, that's their business, however, I'm just saying it seems odd to me and I don't see the attraction.

Someone likes a young, good-looking guy, and you don't see the attraction?

Men and women are the same in this regard - we all age, but we still like young and pretty. Men date, flirt with, and even marry younger women, and no one bats an eye. Carole does it, and it's "skeevy," "pathetic." That bothers me.

• Love 12

I think Carole is annoying in that she flirts in a way that always involves getting the other person to acknowledge she is all that. Its really obvious and pathetic to me.

She wants everyone to know how fab she is as much as Sonja wants to keep reminding people she once had access to a yacht.

I'm confused, are you supposed to flirt in a way that makes the other person think you *aren't* all that? Isn't that the point of flirting? To make the other person think you're fab? Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6
 Funny about the Luman sighting.    If it had been me, and this goes for 99% of all housewives, I might take a glance and eavesdrop a little, but I would pretend I had no idea who they were.    I would never want to know or be seen with any of them.      They are purely entertainment for me, making fools of themselves.

That's exactly what I did. Glance and eavesdrop, nothing more or less. And for what it's worth, there is nothing "man" about LuAnn in person. She is an absolulely gorgeous woman.

• Love 11

You want entertainment? Follow Dorinda on Twitter. She makes no effort to hide that she strongly dislikes Sonja and eventually will dislike Heather too. Her tweets are equal parts hilarious, shady, and bitchy, and she's perfect. Team Dorinda all the way.

Thanks!  I love a good tweeter.  Bette Midler is my current all round fave.  LisaR is pretty good in BH.  So I'll christen Dorinda for NY.  She does seem smart and sharp.  Plus she runs with a high end crowd.  And she is fulfilling my dream which has always been to marry my dry cleaner to save money.

• Love 5

Men and women are the same in this regard - we all age, but we still like young and pretty. Men date, flirt with, and even marry younger women, and no one bats an eye. Carole does it, and it's "skeevy," "pathetic." That bothers me.

While she is not my cup of tea, Carole is free to have sex and date whomever she likes.

So what if she says that she preferred older men a few seasons ago?

She might have changed her mind or was simply flatering the old man who she was set up with.

No biggie and go get it, Carole.

• Love 3

Hi LotusFlower:

I don't care if it's the man or woman who is older, I don't see the attraction either way. I see pretty or handsome in all ages, but I personally am not attracted to any man younger than me by that much of a distance. I just don't see the attraction to being interested in someone of such an age difference. Perhaps if they were " old school" and were interested in the same politics, music, books, etc, but for the most part, a 20 something would never interest me because they think differently. Maybe because I'm old school? Yes, Scott Eastwood is attractive, but I only see him as Clint Eastwoods son. A good looking son, but he's a peer to my son, so it just doesn't work, FOR ME!

My sister, now 64, was married to someone 10 years her junior. They divorced about 10 years ago. He was closer to my age. It skeeved me out. Maybe because her previous husband & father of her children was her age. Obviously, being the same age as her first husband didn't work out for her either! But, since husband #2 was closer to my age and she was in high school when I was born, it seems like an awkward attraction.

Yes, Scott Eastwood is certainly cute, I can see that, so isn't Clint, but I prefer men my age, like my husband. Who is 2 years older and from my hometown. My 22 year old son is very handsome, a double for James Franco, but when I see my sons friends, I see them as children.

• Love 3

I think Carole is annoying in that she flirts in a way that always involves getting the other person to acknowledge she is all that.   Its really obvious and pathetic to me.

She wants everyone to know how fab she is as much as Sonja wants to keep reminding people she once had access to a yacht.

I'm confused, are you supposed to flirt in a way that makes the other person think you *aren't* all that? Isn't that the point of flirting? To make the other person think you're fab?

It reminds me of RHOBH, where folks who don't like Kyle take her silly criticisms of the the ineptitude of her husband and kids around the house as her really saying, in effect, that she's a wonderful and indispensable mother, as opposed to simply saying that they're inept! Same with Carole - she is who she is, so if she flirts with a guy, it's because she likes him or thinks he's cute. Why over-analyze it?

• Love 3

I'm confused, are you supposed to flirt in a way that makes the other person think you *aren't* all that? Isn't that the point of flirting? To make the other person think you're fab?

I just don't like her style is all. There are many different ways to flirt. 

• Love 6

Hi LotusFlower:

I don't care if it's the man or woman who is older, I don't see the attraction either way. I see pretty or handsome in all ages, but I personally am not attracted to any man younger than me by that much of a distance. I just don't see the attraction to being interested in someone of such an age difference. Perhaps if they were " old school" and were interested in the same politics, music, books, etc, but for the most part, a 20 something would never interest me because they think differently. Maybe because I'm old school? Yes, Scott Eastwood is attractive, but I only see him as Clint Eastwoods son. A good looking son, but he's a peer to my son, so it just doesn't work, FOR ME!

My sister, now 64, was married to someone 10 years her junior. They divorced about 10 years ago. He was closer to my age. It skeeved me out. Maybe because her previous husband & father of her children was her age. Obviously, being the same age as her first husband didn't work out for her either! But, since husband #2 was closer to my age and she was in high school when I was born, it seems like an awkward attraction.

Yes, Scott Eastwood is certainly cute, I can see that, so isn't Clint, but I prefer men my age, like my husband. Who is 2 years older and from my hometown. My 22 year old son is very handsome, a double for James Franco, but when I see my sons friends, I see them as children.

I wanted to add, I never heard the term, MILF until I watched RHOC. That's what made me think skeevey. Maybe it's picturing Vicki with one of Michael's frat buddies?!!

• Love 1

Hi LotusFlower:

Hey girl - I get what you're saying. But you're projecting your feelings onto Carole and the chef dude. Apparently, they feel otherwise. Do me a favor and click on the link shoegal posted above, and I think it will become clear. Well, it did for me - HE'S A HIPPIE!

• Love 4

I had to rewind Bethenny's "pretty bird" talking head a few times because it was so hilarious with the hair pat and the creepy voice. Also, the pinched-face "Seriously? Kelly Bensimoan?" preview where you can tell from the face and the voice that Bethenny is, indeed, spelling Bensimon as Bensimoan.

Say what you will, but Bethenny is my favorite housewife of all time and I've missed her. Now I just need her to tell someone she's going to stick this fucking skewer right in their eye.

• Love 7

I actually love when younger men date older women, but I'm old-fashioned when it comes to how that dating starts. In the case of both Carole and Sonja, it seemed as if the chef and gardener would have been happy to talk to anyone there - in other words, I didn't see any chemistry between the couples, or any interest on the chef's part, or the gardener's part. Carole seemed to decide "Oh, he's cute, I'm going to keep him company" without a thought as to whether this guy wanted some stranger to keep him company while he was working. That seemed desperate to me. So what confuses me about Carole is her confidence, but also her inability to "read the room". I know one can't wait forever to meet the person who sees you across a crowded room and smiles, but deciding you're going to force your company on someone who is in the middle of preparing a meal he's being paid to prepare seemed desperate, ballsy and a little rude.

They showed them interacting for, like, 2 minutes. At most. I don't think that's enough time to determine whether or not we saw any chemistry between them. 

Great question!  I would also like to know: what's wrong with Carole thinking that she is fabulous? Why shouldn't we be our own best cheerleaders? There are enough people out there in the world who demean, criticize, and belittle us. Heaven forbid we toot our own horns sometimes.

But, I guess she just be holed up in her apartment with 10 cats, sippin' on some prune juice, and yelling at the contestants on Jeopardy. 

• Love 11

I wanted to add, I never heard the term, MILF until I watched RHOC. That's what made me think skeevey. Maybe it's picturing Vicki with one of Michael's frat buddies?!!

That's it, right there.  As the mother of a 16-year-old son who looks 18 -20, it suddenly bothers me thinking about him and a 40 year old woman together.  If I had an 18 year old daughter, I'd feel much the same way if she had a partner that was 20 years older.

I'm not saying my feelings are right or wrong, they are what they are.  And I'll be honest in saying that age differences never bothered me until I started seeing women checking out my son when he was 15.  Ew.  Skeevy. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

I would also like to know: what's wrong with Carole thinking that she is fabulous? Why shouldn't we be our own best cheerleaders? There are enough people out there in the world who demean, criticize, and belittle us. Heaven forbid we toot our own horns sometimes.

But, I guess she just be holed up in her apartment with 10 cats, sippin' on some prune juice, and yelling at the contestants on Jeopardy. 

Nothing.  There's nothing wrong with flirting or wanting people to see how fabulous you are.  But I agree with Cheerio in that the way she does it is so obvious, or something.  Like, she's trying too hard.  We've seen Carole on a double date and her way of interacting with men is sometimes weird, imo.   But hey, there's someone out there for everybody and if he digs Carole and vice versa, that's all that matters.

I believe Adam the Chef to be about 30....hardly the same as a 15 year old.

Not my point. I know Adam is 30. 

• Love 3

That's it, right there.  As the mother of a 16-year-old son who looks 18 -20, it suddenly bothers me thinking about him and a 40 year old woman together.  If I had an 18 year old daughter, I'd feel much the same way if she had a partner that was 20 years older.

I'm not saying my feelings are right or wrong, they are what they are.  And I'll be honest in saying that age differences never bothered me until I started seeing women checking out my son when he was 15.  Ew.  Skeevy.

Thank you, and if that means I'm projecting, I do in all seriousness plead guilty.

I sneer when older men check out my 19year old daughter! It's disgusting. She's done some modeling, catalog & events, and I wasn't happy for this very reason. I was so glad my son was a senior in high school when she was a freshman...he chased off the older boys from stalking the freshman prey that was his little sister. I guess I'm just old fashioned. But, I don't like prune juice or watching Jeopardy! So, maybe I'm not Maxine because I don't act like Brandi Glanville...and I'm not even going thru menopause yet and I don't like younger men like Brandi, or criminals like Vicki, or guys that look & remind me of guys like Juicy Joe or Richie, I'm talking to you Dorinda...

That's it, right there.  As the mother of a 16-year-old son who looks 18 -20, it suddenly bothers me thinking about him and a 40 year old woman together.  If I had an 18 year old daughter, I'd feel much the same way if she had a partner that was 20 years older.

As a college professor,  I get to experience  firsthand everyday the 18-24 year old male population. Maybe it's just me, but as I get older, they look  (and act) more and more like babies. I'm about Carole's age and I could not even imagine for one moment flirting, dating or anything else with that group.  But that's me. Maybe for Carole, it's her thing. My impression of Carole is that she wants to be 25 again. That's fine, but sometimes 50 year olds trying to act half their age comes off looking a bit ridiculous. JMO.

• Love 15

Not my point. I know Adam is 30.

It may not be your point but I think it's important. He's not a teenager, he's not 18 and he's not a college student. He's an adult. A fully grown man.

I don't see how talk of 15-18 years olds is really relevant.

• Love 2

ryebread, on 15 Apr 2015 - 3:38 PM, said:

That's it, right there.  As the mother of a 16-year-old son who looks 18 -20, it suddenly bothers me thinking about him and a 40 year old woman together.  If I had an 18 year old daughter, I'd feel much the same way if she had a partner that was 20 years older.

I understand. We all judge others from our own points of reference. But... by the time your son is 30 I'd hope you'd trust him enough to make his own decisions and realize that if dating an older woman made him happy then, well... you know what they say. "You're only as happy as your unhappiest child." Or something like that. 

here's nothing wrong with flirting or wanting people to see how fabulous you are.  But I agree with Cheerio in that the way she does it is so obvious, or something.  Like, she's trying too hard.  We've seen Carole on a double date and her way of interacting with men is sometimes weird, imo.   But hey, there's someone out there for everybody and if he digs Carole and vice versa, that's all that matters.

Yes, omg, she was acting very odd and awkward on that double date!  I guess I didn't see her acting like that last night though.  It just seemed like normal flirting to me.

Carole's working it up for the cameras & her over the top fawning, flirting full on overbite guffaws and gushing, seem to bother me more than the chef's age. It was vaguely not exactly but a little like Aviva's father, and let's face it that's BAD. The forthcoming about her and Bethenny in a sex dream may also fall in this category.

If I was gonna get my young tail on I would be stealth for the cameras and get me some!

If I wanted some reinforcement from the audience of a TV show & her co stars I'd do it her way.

• Love 7

Carole's working it up for the cameras & her over the top fawning, flirting full on overbite guffaws and gushing, seem to bother me more than the chef's age. It was vaguely not exactly but a little like Aviva's father, and let's face it that's BAD. The forthcoming about her and Bethenny in a sex dream may also fall in this category.

George was disgusting. He pressed his erection onto Sonja's back. He told Carole - at a dinner party - that he'd give her a squirting orgasm. Carole flirted with a guy! What's disgusting about that? Oh right - he's younger.

• Love 7

ryebread, on 15 Apr 2015 - 3:38 PM, said:

I understand. We all judge others from our own points of reference. But... by the time your son is 30 I'd hope you'd trust him enough to make his own decisions and realize that if dating an older woman made him happy then, well... you know what they say. "You're only as happy as your unhappiest child." Or something like that. 

I won't know 'til I get there. LOL.  Parenting has changed my mind about a lot of things.  I can't help it.  It just has.  But for what it's worth, I hope I evolve enough to be okay with it when he's 30. 

Carole wasn't acting as weird as she did on the double date but I feel like some of Sonja is rubbing off on her.

I don't see how talk of 15-18 years olds is really relevant.

If only is to illustrate my opinion on how I have come to feel about 20 year age gaps since my 16yo son became attractive to older women.  Again, ew. LOL.  

• Love 2

If only is to illustrate my opinion on how I have come to feel about 20 year age gaps since my 16yo son became attractive to older women.  Again, ew. LOL.

I understand, adults who are sexually attracted to underage kids is icky. I just don't see that as equivalent to an age difference between two adults.

• Love 1

If I was gonna get my young tail on I would be stealth for the cameras and get me some!

If I wanted some reinforcement from the audience of a TV show & her co stars I'd do it her way.

Gawd, Aviva and her disgusting father...just yuck. He was so over the line....he was one of the most embarrassing

pieces of the housewives shows. Everything about George was gross. Is there a male name for Cougar besides dirty old man? I'm not sure about Bethanny, but anyone is better than Aviva.

• Love 2

I think Ramona is really angry about Bethenny coming back. One reason is probably that Bethenny trumps her as more popular and successful.    Two, and maybe more maddening for Ramona is that she knows Bethenny is making a lot more money than she is.

I think Luman feels the same, but her cowardly way of acting out is to invite Kelly to that party.

This ^^. I never considered the very real possibility that as senior castmembers, Ramona and LuAnn could be harboring anger and grudges that Bethenny is not only back, but sort of taking center stage. They have to know what her salary and perks are  and just what Bravo did to entice her back. While the two of the have hung in there - especially LuAnn who was downgraded, then back. This will be interesting to watch.

Re: Carole’s flirting. It’s not that she flirts. It is her style of flirting. She always has this kittenish, coquettish manor about her. It’s annoying for a 50 year old.

Overall, I did enjoy this second episode. More house porn, please! It’s such a relief from Beverly Hills which felt like Long Day’s Journey Into Night; while New York feels like The Women.

And thanks  for sharing the LuAnn sighting !

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4

Happy Wednesday everybody! Please remember our motto here on the RH forums: Snark the Show, not your fellow posters!

I see some new names here so I just want to make it clear that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you are free to disagree but if you do it in a way that attacks or "calls out" another poster the comment will go poof. Some comments have already gone poof. If you can't figure out a nice way to disagree with someone it's better to not post at all.

Don't make this kitten even sadder. 

yJl4m5E.jpg

• Love 13

I don't see anything pathetic, especially considering they are (it seems rather exclusively) dating, so I guess he was in to the flirting, too. He seems like a super interesting and accomplished guy, I am guessing there is more to the attraction than an age difference.

Adam Kenworthy, founder http://fincafarms.com/index.html#!/

I'm sure Carole is enjoying something other than takeout! http://www.accesshollywood.com/a-plant-based-diet-what-are-the-health-benefits_video_2135337

So, his cheffing is not my cup o' tea, but I think he's a cutie! 

George was disgusting. He pressed his erection onto Sonja's back. He told Carole - at a dinner party - that he'd give her a squirting orgasm. Carole flirted with a guy! What's disgusting about that? Oh right - he's younger.

Hmmm. I did not use the word disgusting. I did NOT say it was just like George I used three qualifiers: not "exactly", "vaguely", and "a little" to differentiate. I stated that the young part wasn't even the problem for me, please allow me to clarify again because I did not explain myself well enough on my first post, clearly............

That it is the DISPLAY in the pursuit that rubs me the wrong way. It is over the top for a reaction. George's pursuit context is rated X. Carole's pursuit context is rated G or PG.  And nobody cares who either of them pursue why work it up for the audience?

Nothing. To. Do. With. Age.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 2

Tinder profile 6910001:

Hi I would like to meet you. I am a real Princess but I am not stuffy. I enjoy playing in the sandbox, leggos, video games, skate boarding and Skittles. Age is not a problem but I prefer someone young. So if you remember when George W Bush was President you are probably too old. But I might take a chance if you are young at heart. Here is a recent photo of me with my last boyfriend who was kind enough to point out what parts of my body were his favorite. He was a clavicle man. We had to break up as he had to go back to preschool. So I am free to hook up. Call me.

depositphotos_40025885-Cute-little-boy-w

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 11

I actually don't care for Carole much and do think she thinks VERY highly of herself (yes, we should all have self-confidence of course but hers rubs me the wrong way, she acts so pleased with herself). However, I have no problem with her flirting with the 30 year old guy! Life is short, and life is stressful; let her have some fun! I found her flirting totally appropriate. She's no desperado Sonja! I like the coquettish stuff myself and who cares if she's doing it at 50? She has a young spirit which is great!

That said, I have a young son and yes, I would go crazy if he dated a woman twenty years older one day! It's all different when it's your own child. :) Especially, as someone pointed out, I wouldn't want my son to miss out on having his own kids (if he wanted them) by dating someone age-inappropriate. Hmm.. guess I'm a bit hypocritical, ha ha.

But other than my son....have at it Cougars! :p

• Love 6

That it is the DISPLAY in the pursuit that rubs me the wrong way. It is over the top for a reaction. George's pursuit context is rated X. Carole's pursuit context is rated G or PG.  And nobody cares who either of them pursue why work it up for the audience.

How is one supposed to flirt? I agree that George's style was over-the-top (and that's probably the mildest way we can describe it), but how was Carole's flirting similarly over-the-top?

Just to be clear I think it is just as skeevy when somebody like Mario or George hits on a much younger girl. Why be sexist and not hold Snagglepuss to the same ick standard.

Of course I will take any opportunity to bash Carole. Hey what can I say. It's a hobby.

• Love 7

Just to be clear I think it is just as skeevy when somebody like Mario or George hits on a much younger girl. Why be sexist and not hold Snagglepuss to the same ick standard.

Of course I will take any opportunity to bash Carole. Hey what can I say. It's a hobby.

I don't have strong feelings for/against any of the NY housewives...they all have some great/good/annoying qualities. I like the larger cast because if one lady becomes annoying, there are others shown to break up the annoyance!

What I didn't get about Carole was how awkward she was on the double date with the handsome, seemingly normal guy her age last season, but she gets all giddy over the young chef. She didn't give that date a chance. So, maybe she's not interested in an equal. Maybe she wants a fling, or short term relationships because she's still not emotionally ready? Maybe we will learn more...I never really get a deep sense of Carole the way you can about some of the other ladies. She's definitely more private.

Edited by IKnowRight

In season 5.. carole went on a date with that fashion guy..who was half her age...and when she found out his age...she opted not to pursue it even though he liked her.

Perhaps since then she has changed her tune..or else being single has lowered her standards?

How does Sonja afford anything? In other words, until her $7 million settlement is due, she keeps living it up on whatever money she has from her divorce or alimony, and her Bravo paycheck.

Throughout the years, Sonja has alluded to living a goods-for-services lifestyle (now now, not those kinds of serv-- wait, this Sonja . Yes, those kinds of services, too!) She's claimed to have gotten commissions for promoting a new restaurant or boutique, or guiding an organization to rent out a club for an event. As time goes on and Sonja keeps displaying herself on the show (and really, how long before she gets nekkid, which happens at least once every season), those offers will keep dwindling -- especially since she's getting older. Sad for her but the hot new bistro in town is going to want an "It" Girl for promotion, not a oft-drunken crone well into middle age. Such is life.

Did any of you ever read classic Judith Krantz (you know you did!) Sonja is like a secondary character in some of those books -- someone fading and desperate, maybe a bit malicious. Good TV but sad reality.

• Love 7

Hmmm. I did not use the word disgusting. I did NOT say it was just like George I used three qualifiers: not "exactly", "vaguely", and "a little" to differentiate. I stated that the young part wasn't even the problem for me, please allow me to clarify again because I did not explain myself well enough on my first post, clearly............

That it is the DISPLAY in the pursuit that rubs me the wrong way. It is over the top for a reaction. George's pursuit context is rated X. Carole's pursuit context is rated G or PG.  And nobody cares who either of them pursue why work it up for the audience?

Responding over in Carole's thread as it's not pertaining to last night's epi.

nny about the Luman sighting.    If it had been me, and this goes for 99% of all housewives, I might take a glance and eavesdrop a little, but I would pretend I had no idea who they were.    I would never want to know or be seen with any of them.      They are purely entertainment for me, making fools of themselves.

I was at a party with the Gudices and ran into Tre in the ladies lounge.   She fully expected me to start fawning over her and started posing for what she thought was the inevitable selfie--and  you should have seen the look on her face when I ignored her, fixed my make up and walked out without saying a word to her!

• Love 9

Throughout the years, Sonja has alluded to living a goods-for-services lifestyle (now now, not those kinds of serv-- wait, this Sonja . Yes, those kinds of services, too!) She's claimed to have gotten commissions for promoting a new restaurant or boutique, or guiding an organization to rent out a club for an event. As time goes on and Sonja keeps displaying herself on the show (and really, how long before she gets nekkid, which happens at least once every season), those offers will keep dwindling -- especially since she's getting older.

She's full of it. She never promoted anything. Remember how she sort of acknowledged at last season's reunion that "running her many businesses" really meant being a homeowner? Because apparently she has two homes, and managing their upkeep is equivalent to entrepreneurship.

That Chef Adam is definitely hotter in the Access Hollywood clip than on the show, he looks more like a male model, and less like a cap wearing bro he was on the show.  Does he have a Twitter?  Carole is just trying so hard with everything, the no working, the flirting, the "My friends think I'm boring!" bullshit like she is any less of a famewhore than everyone else.

I keep thinking about the folksy way Ramona was talking to the waitress.  Part of me thinks she was being really nice, like telling her all their names, because it was a regular restaurant she hung out at during the summer, but then the other part thinks Ramona was just being calculating so if the waitress did one minor thing wrong Ramona could lose her shit and say, "I was so nice to you, and this is how you treat me?!"

Also, I think Ramona had been planning to film a brunch with production, and mistakenly thought everyone had been clued in.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 6

She's full of it. She never promoted anything. Remember how she sort of acknowledged at last season's reunion that "running her many businesses" really meant being a homeowner? Because apparently she has two homes, and managing their upkeep is equivalent to entrepreneurship.

She probably has received the occasional commission (I.e., kickback) over the years but nowhere near the level of super businesswoman she's tried to convey ("I've worked since age 14! I bought and sold NY real estate in my 20s! I was a successful model!")

• Love 1

How is one supposed to flirt? I agree that George's style was over-the-top (and that's probably the mildest way we can describe it), but how was Carole's flirting similarly over-the-top?

Oh I dunno.... the man was there as staff.  Maybe asking what was for dinner, about his career, where he gets his influences from, perhaps where/what dining establishments in NYC are his favorites based on preferences or a topic they come across in discussion, "Oh nice Lebanese/Dim Sum/Molecular gastronomy etc is great etc" (then you call him a week later and ask him out).

I probably would not have played with mega sharp chef knives in a pretense that I was a cook to try to hard to cozy up to him. That dumb shit move with the avocado pit with her hand in the way could have really ruined the dinner party with an ER visit. You never put your hands in front of tools even he told her to be careful. She was showing off, laughing and trying to sound provocative about how unboring he heard she was. It was annoying and pushing it.

• Love 4

I keep thinking about the folksy way Ramona was talking to the waitress.  Part of me thinks she was being really nice, like telling her all their names, because it was a regular restaurant she hung out at during the summer, but then the other part thinks Ramona was just being calculating so if the waitress did one minor thing wrong Ramona could lose her shit and say, "I was so nice to you, and this is how you treat me?!"

I read here before I watched so I was looking for Moaner to compliment the server's smile.  I was surprised that it came about 1.5 seconds after the server came to the table. 

Rapid Fire Ramona: How are you? I love your smile I would like the walnut and goat cheese salad....   Awkward.  But I'm happy she was polite. 

Then Sonja offers her hand to shake. LOL. 

I like Dorinda.

• Love 5

I probably would not have played with mega sharp chef knives in a pretense that I was a cook to try to hard to cozy up to him. That dumb shit move with the avocado pit with her hand in the way could have really ruined the dinner party with an ER visit. You never put your hands in front of tools even he told her to be careful. She was showing off, laughing and trying to sound provocative about how unboring he heard she was. It was annoying and pushing it.

I still don't see how that's even close to George's style of flirting.

• Love 2