Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: New Kids On The Block

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I'd agree with the water retention suggestion, if it wasn't also highlighted that she'd already gained 20 lbs of the 30 lbs she was supposed to gain and she had months left to go.  Hasn't she only been pregnant for like 3 months?  20 lbs in 3 months?  Again, that's a lot.  And 20 lbs is not water retention.  Sorry.

The doctor showed concern at how rapidly she was putting on weight.  That tells me that while maybe the 3 lbs was water retention, she's put on too much weight already.

And again, Tyler's telling her it's an issue and the first thing out of her mouth is "I wanna be happy during my pregnancy!" That's not good.  Happiness does not equal food.

Gary started somewhere with his weight gain as well.  It's clear he also eats his feelings.  

Catelynn's pregnancy is not an excuse.  Sorry.

When I mentioned water retention, I was more referring to the 3 pound weight gain within one week vs the 20 pounds she already had, which I actually think is likely, even taking into account Catelynn's horrible eating habits and sedentary lifestyle. As you pointed out, using Myfitnesspal math, Cate would have to have eaten around 1500 additional calories every day for a week to put on three pounds of fat- that's like TWO big macs on top of the three meals and various snacks and coffees she would have tossed back if she was not pregnant. That said, I agree Cate is not eating healthily and should make some adjustments. I just think if Tyler is really concerned (whether it's about Cate or baby's health, or just his dread in hearing Cate bitch about her weight down the road) he should go about it in a better way. If Cate already eats her feelings, having Tyler make her feel bad about herself will likely backfire and cause her to eat more.

I do think there's a difference between Cate and Gary. For all seasons of the show, Cate has been kind of a yo-yo dieter. She'll blow up, then she'll lose some weight, then she'll gain it again. While it's obvious she needs

to find a long term plan that works for her, at least she seems aware of her size and has made some attempts to change it. Gary seems happy to sit in his recliner and eat and appears to just be getting bigger.

ETA:

It's a shame that their healthy eating plan has to be left up to Tyler googling it. Any decent OB/GYN should have provided Catelynn with that information and a full nutrition plan, or at least a referral for a pregnancy nutritionist, which should be covered by insurance if they have decent maternity coverage.

Sadly enough, Tyler pressuring her may carry more weight than the doctor's lectures. Cate seems to live and breathe to please this guy.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 1

Gary is just BEYOND gross. When your girlfriend tells you, "Hey I'm preggors," What does he do? How does he respond to the news? ADOPTION! Brings that up! Then adds "Maybe Amber can be the god mother?"  That alone is so messed up, he has some werid issues that maybe he still thinks he dating Amber in his head. If i was his GF I would dump his butt.

Does Gary poor GF just have low self esteem? I mean... RUN GIRL! Between flirting with his ex and getting all upset pervious when Amber said "We are never getting back together," Gary what does that mean with your current girlfriend? Obivously you don't see long term since you argue with Amber about getting back together in the future. Clearly she a placeholder for Amber until she comes back...Look how he recated when she told him she was preggors! Gary is just beyond gross mentally and physical!

Also Does Maci look 23 to anyone else? I'm surpise people say she looks young. She looks early 30's to me; you know what this show is going to do right? When the Teen mom OG kids becomes teenagers they are going to get their own spin off show. 10 years not that long if they keep on pimping the moms and when they get tired of this show, "Hey! These kids we know! Let's see their drama teenage lives now!" TEEN MOM WILL NEVER GO AWAY!

Also does anyone else think Maci shouldn't planned to tell her son that she pregrant on his Birthday?

Is any of the Teen moms have degree's besides Farrah? *Shudders

it kinda broke my heart when Gary told his 5 year old daughter that this baby is a mistake. Gee I wonder if that will have any mental impact for year later? Gary is not gonna live long if he stays obese....I feel like gary gf kinda wanted get pregrant to keey Gary since she talked about marriange and Gary could leave since if they are not married.

• Love 2

It kind of amazes me that Gary was even able to get his girlfriend pregnant since I am betting he hasn't had access to his junk in a loooong time. He's so obese that I can't imagine sex for him would do anything but wear him out. One would think she'd be afraid he would collapse or have a heart attack or something.

Ok now someone pass me the brain bleach. I want to erase this post from my memory.

• Love 8

Tyler continues to be an asshole. It sounded like Teresa didn't want he and Cate to see Carly. I bet if they do, the meeting won't be shown on camera.  They're annoying. Carly is not your child! Deal with it!

Amber freaking out when Gary told her that his girlfriend is pregnant was  a little much.  Does she think that Gary is never going to move on, because he has a child with her? Also, Gary, great job telling Leah that his new baby was a mistake.

Bentley is adorable. His reaction to Maci's baby news was priceless. Ryan continues to be a douche.

Farrah is back next week... Why?

It kind of amazes me that Gary was even able to get his girlfriend pregnant since I am betting he hasn't had access to his junk in a loooong time. He's so obese that I can't imagine sex for him would do anything but wear him out. One would think she'd be afraid he would collapse or have a heart attack or something.

Ok now someone pass me the brain bleach. I want to erase this post from my memory.

I can't believe I am even going to speculate about this but I'm that bored at work. For sure she must be on top, and I imagine she must have done most of the cardio. Wow, even more amazing that he's able to perform is that there's a girl willing to hop on. That one is a definite head scratcher. From what I can tell, the girlfriend seems to be totally normal and even if Gary is getting a decent chunk of Teen Mom money and is recognized at the local Buffalo Wild Wings, there has got to be a better option.

• Love 7

Tyler continues to be an asshole. It sounded like Teresa didn't want he and Cate to see Carly. I bet if they do, the meeting won't be shown on camera.  They're annoying. Carly is not your child! Deal with it!

Amber freaking out when Gary told her that his girlfriend is pregnant was  a little much.  Does she think that Gary is never going to move on, because he has a child with her? Also, Gary, great job telling Leah that his new baby was a mistake.

Bentley is adorable. His reaction to Maci's baby news was priceless. Ryan continues to be a douche.

Farrah is back next week... Why?

I'm not mentally prepare to handle Farrah or her family...Just booze and Karashandi wanna bee's. Like she is the only person who I truly can't stand in this world

Edited by JellyFishQueen
  • Love 1

Gary's girlfriend brought her three(?!) used pregnancy test sticks to the table they eat their food on and waved them around between her and Gary while they had their uncomfortable conversation. Ew.

• Love 2

From what I can tell, the girlfriend seems to be totally normal and even if Gary is getting a decent chunk of Teen Mom money and is recognized at the local Buffalo Wild Wings, there has got to be a better option.

Gonna have to disagree with you there.  Does Kristina seem to be appear pretty intelligent, logical, and sane?  Yup.  But she's dating Gary and got pregnant by him.  That negates labeling her "normal".

I think girl has MAJOR self esteem issues and has some character flaws that will be revealed the more screen time she gets.  Just my hunch.

Edited by SlothLoveChunk
  • Love 4

I find it so odd that this show is called Teen Mom, yet the person getting most of my focus, and ire, is freaking Tyler! But that boy is driving me nuts! First of all, what is up with his creepy, micro-managing of Catelynn's weight? I have never in my life known a SO who knows exactly how much weight the mother has gained in the past week. What, is he hovering over her on the scale at home too? It's one thing for a doctor to point out concerns about her weight gain, but Tyler is WAY too invested in it. He looked positively vindicated when the OB brought it up. 

I kind of feel badly for Cate. I know how hard it can be to not gain a ton of weight during pregnancy. I gained 45lbs with both my boys and 40 with my daughter. I did lose it all, all three times, but it was really hard watching the scale keep going up and up. I had really bad morning sickness in the first trimester, and basically just had to stuff my face (with whatever my body would accept, wasn't always asparagus and salmon) in order to function. Once that went away, though, I went back to my normal diet, with just a little extra snack thrown in. But the damage was done, 20 lbs in each first trimester. I gain weight super easily! And, while I was trying my best, I had one of the midwives in my practice just nagging me to death about it and making me feel like shit. 

It's a real fine line to walk, because you DO need to make sure that the baby is healthy, you do need to watch out for gestational diabetes. And I kind of get the feeling that Cate IS one of those people, as the doctor said, who uses pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever she wants. I got that feeling when she told Tyler she didn't want to not enjoy her pregnancy. I will tell you this, he's only going to make the situation worse with his hovering and passive aggressive comments. How about the one where he asked if she was feeling even more frustrated about her weight because they were getting married after the baby? Oh boy, that was rich! Catelynn hadn't even mentioned being frustrated AT ALL. No, that was just his way of reminding her she has to put on a wedding dress and he doesn't want her to look fat. 

I will say, their wedding venue is very beautiful. But I noticed they settled on an August date, even though Catelynn seemed really keen on a fall wedding. Hmmmm

I don't even want to get into Tyler's continued asinine attitude about their relationship with B&T. I'll get too irate. Look, I'm sorry if someone misled Tyler and Catelynn about what an open adoption is. That really sucks. But not only are they adults now, completely capable of figuring things out and navigating their own way in the world, I don't hear Tyler bitching about how much they see Carly, or how many photos they get. No. All I hear is "Wah, I can't post pics of her on social media so I can remind all my fans what a mature and benevolent man I am". 

And then, and then, he says he's going to remind B&T that they'll have a "sad" and "hurt" little girl on their hands (i.e.) Carly if they cut off contact. What??? Whoa, now. Save your guilt trips, you little jerk. I'm sorry to say, but I doubt Carly is going to lose her shit if she misses her yearly visit with this famewhore. Ugh, see, I'm getting too pissed off. Moving on....

So Maci's pregnant and is worried about offending her grandma because she's not married. Again. Well, how about making sure you don't GET pregnant before you're married. It's actually not that hard. I get that she has PCOS and was told it was "unlikely" she'd get pregnant again, but there's always that chance. So if it's important to you, use BC. Simple as that. 

I did love Bentley shutting that shit down. "Nope. No baby. Moving right along". 

I feel so awful for Kristina. Gary couldn't be more dismissive of her. "You're just my baby mama. We may not even be together in 2 years". It's quite clear, to me, that he only got with her because Amber was in prison and he wanted someone to take care of him and Bew Bew. He's so gross. And how sad is that Amber, of all people, is the one concerned about how Kristina's feelings might be hurt when she hears all these things Gary says? Damn. 

I wish Amber's brother lived closer. He would be a really good influence on her. Unlike that troll that is her cousin, Krystal. I'm sorry, I do not like that girl. Maybe it's because I can't get what Amber's mother said out of my head, that Krystal is only around for the cameras. And it was even confirmed she never visited Amber in prison, but that was brushed off because she is a "single mom". Yet, miraculously, her single mom status has not prevented her from going on book tours, or trips out of state to attend family graduations. Or maybe it's just the overly put-on, fake looks of concern she tries to muster up when Amber's talking. The constant ass-kissing. That chick just really rubs me the wrong way and I'm sick of seeing her. 

I totally agree with you about Crystal (and everything else, but her the most.)  That girl looks rough.  And the single mom excuse doesn't fly since she doesn't seem to have any problem at all ditching her kids when the cameras are around.  She also looks like she's no stranger to drugs herself.  

• Love 2

From what I can tell, the girlfriend seems to be totally normal and even if Gary is getting a decent chunk of Teen Mom money and is recognized at the local Buffalo Wild Wings, there has got to be a better option.

These two thoughts just can't go together in my mind-  totally normal and dating Gary.  She said she had a nine-year marriage; maybe Gary was a rebound who made her feel better at the time.  She just has such sad eyes, when she was telling him she was pregnant and when they were lying on the bed.  If that's true about her being on birth control but the new brand didn't work, that just sucks.  Gary said "well you don't have to keep it.  You can choose adoption….or….." and she said, "yes?"  and he slowly said, "or adoption."  Methinks he wanted the other a- option but was afraid to say it on TV.  I already feel sorry for that child because Gary doesn't even act like he cares about his girlfriend.  

On the flip side, Maci is sooo tiny, and she's pregnant.  

• Love 3

I don't want to fat-shame but I can't get over the fact that Gary found anothe person to have sex with him and he didn't have to pay them for it.

I read on another board that some of C&T's batshit crazy fans dug up Brandon's employment information and urged others to call him to persuade him (and Teresa) to change their minds about the "no recent pics on social media" rule. I really hope it that isn't true or if it is, no one contacted Brandon. I really feel for them because they probably want to close the adopton so bad but if they do, it could invite possible harassment from crazy ass fans.

• Love 4

These two thoughts just can't go together in my mind-  totally normal and dating Gary.

I am way too invested in this, but I just don't see what Kristina could possibly be thinking. I just want to understand! She seems like someone who has her head on straight, and even if, in a moment of weakness and loneliness, she saw some sort of appeal in Gary, why is she begging this sloth to marry her? I wouldn't want to be a single mom, but there are some cases where that is the lesser of the evils and I think this is one of them. Yet she not only wants to sign on for a lifetime with Gary (his lifetime, not hers, because I suspect one of these is going to much shorter than the other), but also willingly got involved in Amber's trainwreck. Even if Gary had Ryan's looks, Corey's fathering qualities, and the intelligence and personality of... someone other than a Teen Mom dad, that would not be enough to entice me to marry a guy who would forever be tied to Amber. Please, Kristina, explain.

ETA

I read on another board that some of C&T's batshit crazy fans dug up Brandon's employment information and urged others to call him to persuade him (and Teresa) to change their minds about the "no recent pics on social media" rule. I really hope it that isn't true or if it is, no one contacted Brandon. I really feel for them because they probably want to close the adopton so bad but if they do, it could invite possible harassment from crazy ass fans.

I strongly suspect that was Tyler's plan all along. That he would ignore B&T's rules, and, if faced with any consequences, unleash his legion of "fans" to show B&T the error of their ways, and overturn any consequences. In Tyler's warped mind, he really believes his DNA contribution (and subsequent manipulation of his girlfriend to agree to adoption) entitles him to not only a lifetime of gratitude from B&T but also complete autonomy over their parenting decisions.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3

I'd agree with the water retention suggestion, if it wasn't also highlighted that she'd already gained 20 lbs of the 30 lbs she was supposed to gain and she had months left to go.  Hasn't she only been pregnant for like 3 months?  20 lbs in 3 months?  Again, that's a lot.  And 20 lbs is not water retention.  Sorry.

The doctor showed concern at how rapidly she was putting on weight.  That tells me that while maybe the 3 lbs was water retention, she's put on too much weight already.

And again, Tyler's telling her it's an issue and the first thing out of her mouth is "I wanna be happy during my pregnancy!" That's not good.  Happiness does not equal food.

Cate has to be farther along than three months as they already found out the gender and she was taking her GD test. We found out the gender around 20 weeks (5 months pregnant) and I had my GD test done at 28 weeks (it's done usually between 24 weeks and 28 weeks). Now maybe she was being tested earlier if she had had it with Carly or something but I think 28 weeks is usually pretty standard. So the editing monkeys must be at work here. 

I'm defensive of her weight gain because, for some reason, I gain like craaaaazy during my pregnancies. I allowed myself to give in to pregnancy cravings typically once a week but really didn't eat any different than I usually did and gained about 60lbs both pregnancies. It was really frustrating since I've never had issues with weight so seeing those numbers climb on the scale despite eating fine and being active throughout both pregnancies was upsetting. My midwife even brought it up once, going as far as asking my husband to leave the room so she could ask if I was experiencing any "issues" with him that would cause me to stress eat. It was bad enough for her to call attention to it but if my own husband had harped on it over and over again I don't know if my over emotional pregnant self could have handled it. Cate handled it a lot better than I would have. I cried for hours after that talk with my midwife. 

Edited by ivgotspirit02
  • Love 7

I don't want to fat-shame but I can't get over the fact that Gary found anothe person to have sex with him and he didn't have to pay them for it.

Holy shit, are you serious?  That's insane.  If I were B&T, I'd close that shit in a heartbeat.  How did the fans even figure out their last name? 

Also, all the fat shaming of Cate needs to stop, it's really annoying.  I gain weight like CRAZY when I'm pregnant.  First time 70 lbs, second 50.  Like ghoulina, for my whole first trimester with both pregnancies I had that awesome kind of morning sickness that was only cured by stuffing my face with carbs.  All day long.  It was that or puke all day long and I didn't have the luxury of being able to stay home and puke for 3 months, I had to work and had a toddler to raise.  So anyone who said boo to me about weight gain got a hearty "fuck off and mind your own business" reply.  I lost the weight pretty quickly after my first, this time it's a little harder but I'll get there.  I also know what she meant about wanting to enjoy her pregnancy.  For those of us who have issues with weight (I gain weight VERY easily even when not pregnant), having to constantly monitor what we eat freaking SUCKS.  The LAST thing you want to do when you're pregnant is count calories.  So yeah, I get it.  She's pregnant and she  just wants to be able to eat what she wants without anyone looking over her shoulder or judging her.  I can't say I blame her and I sure as hell won't judge her for it.  The only person who's going to suffer for it is her (the whole "it's dangerous for the baby!!"  thing is a bit of an exaggeration.  If she gets GD, she'll have to go on a special diet.  She might have a big baby.  She's hardly going to keel over and die or miscarry because she gained 20 lbs in 4 months.) 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 12

So, just fuck protection. Fuck it right to Hell. Pretty much everyone is a teen parent. terrible decision already. So, let's just keep adding kids to the mix. With people we don't even have long standing relationships with or people like Tyler who shouldn't have any kids while he continues to show his immaturity. Idiots. A show filled with idiots.

And did you catch Maci's statement about how her doctor didn't get think she could get pregnant again?

Just when, oh when, the fresh hell did this become true?

At some point AFTER she tried talking Kyle into procreating with her?

At some point BEFORE she tried talking Kyle into procreating with her?  

I watch this show pretty regularly and admittedly sometimes I tune out their caterwauling but, seriously?

Is this yet another excuse for not engaging in responsible birth control?

I mean, even if she's telling the truth, a "didn't think" is no way, shape or fucking form "cannot" get pregnant.

Lazy heifers.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

Holy shit, are you serious?  That's insane.  If I were B&T, I'd close that shit in a heartbeat.  How did the fans even figure out their last name? 

All you have to do is google "Brandon and Teresa Last Name" and it pops up. Someone on TWOP, even prior to Teen Mom really taking off, said some fan site had posted Brandon's Linked in page.

My weight can vary by 3 pound in a single day, depending on time of day, what I'm wearing (or not wearing), what I've eaten/drunk and how recently... I think Tyler needs to back the heck off, as does anyone else who does not hold an MD degree.

• Love 13

Maci got pregnant on purpose

Yup. I'll give her the first time around with Bentley. But, sorry, once you know how it all works there are no accidents. Especially since she got pregnant in the past with PCOS (I would assume at least).

• Love 3

This issue is not that Maci should know now how to avoid pregnancy. The issue is, where did Maci get the idea that she must be married by the age of 25? Where did Maci get it in her head that in order to have a connection with the guy she wants, is to have his baby?  Maci gets pregnant as her way to keep a guy around. Period. No one can tell me otherwise. Maci is the example of the kind of girl who is so desperate to have a guy in her bed, by her side, under the same roof, that she will do the ultimate - have his baby.

Maci tried it with Ryan to keep him around by having his baby. Look what that got her. She tried in vain to get Kyle to marry her. She would mention to him about having babies, as if that would be an incentive to get him to marry her. Now, she did it with this guy. I know there was at least one other guy she was dating and posting about "being in love". Damn!! How many times can this girl be in love? Maci is so stuck on the idea of being married.  Maci clearly said on the after show that her man is not wanting to get married. I will bet my last dollar that he told her many times over he didn't want to get married. Maci is so desperate to keep this guy around, she doesn't care about marriage as long as she has him connected to her hip by way of bringing another child into her screwed up life.  What is so stupid about her idea is, it clearly didn't work with Ryan, Kyle high-tailed out of there before he became a father, and here she is now having a baby with a guy who has made it LOUD AND CLEAR he won't marry her.

I can't put 100 percent fault on Maci as the guy should have worn protection and not rely on Maci's bullshit about not being able to get pregnant. Guys are not so educated about those sort of things. If their girl tells them they can't get pregnant for one reason or another, they tend to fall for it. This is why I, as a parent, told my kids that it is not only vital to protect themselves because of diseases, but you cannot allow another to dictate what you will do with your body. Use/wear protection! Make sure your partner wears protection. Make sure you are protected.

The way Maci was rambling on about how marriage should be what two people want, it shouldn't be entered into lightly....whatever! There you are bringing a child into the world! That is a bigger decision IMO than getting married. At least you can divorce a person, but a child is there for life! You can't divorce that decision. Fuck her bullshit about this child not being planned. She planned it!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10

I can't believe I am even going to speculate about this but I'm that bored at work. For sure she must be on top, and I imagine she must have done most of the cardio. Wow, even more amazing that he's able to perform is that there's a girl willing to hop on. That one is a definite head scratcher. From what I can tell, the girlfriend seems to be totally normal and even if Gary is getting a decent chunk of Teen Mom money and is recognized at the local Buffalo Wild Wings, there has got to be a better option.

Scoot over and let me sit next to you because I come with brain bleach to share. I've thought of this, as well. My thought was him standing bedside. And collapsing from being out-of-breath. Want to borrow my bleach now?

As for Cate's weight gain? I gain all my pregnancy weight right at the beginning. I barely gain any weight at the end. That's because I stop trying to maintain my steady weight and just eat. My OB jokes about how weird it is. He even writes down an estimate of the baby's birth weight on the day I go into labor because at the end, I don't gain anything but the baby does. (He was only off by an ounce, one time, BTW)

• Love 2

Also, all the fat shaming of Cate needs to stop, it's really annoying.  I gain weight like CRAZY when I'm pregnant.  First time 70 lbs, second 50.  Like ghoulina, for my whole first trimester with both pregnancies I had that awesome kind of morning sickness that was only cured by stuffing my face with carbs.  All day long.  It was that or puke all day long and I didn't have the luxury of being able to stay home and puke for 3 months, I had to work and had a toddler to raise.  So anyone who said boo to me about weight gain got a hearty "fuck off and mind your own business" reply.  I lost the weight pretty quickly after my first, this time it's a little harder but I'll get there.  I also know what she meant about wanting to enjoy her pregnancy.  For those of us who have issues with weight (I gain weight VERY easily even when not pregnant), having to constantly monitor what we eat freaking SUCKS.  The LAST thing you want to do when you're pregnant is count calories.  So yeah, I get it.  She's pregnant and she  just wants to be able to eat what she wants without anyone looking over her shoulder or judging her.  I can't say I blame her and I sure as hell won't judge her for it.  The only person who's going to suffer for it is her (the whole "it's dangerous for the baby!!"  thing is a bit of an exaggeration.  If she gets GD, she'll have to go on a special diet.  She might have a big baby.  She's hardly going to keel over and die or miscarry because she gained 20 lbs in 4 months.)

Amen!  I gained 33 pounds when I was pregnant and I gained 80% of it during the second trimester.  I was so sick the first 3 months I was living on crackers and then in the last few months I had heartburn and it didn't feel like there was any room for food.  I had one month that I gained 5lbs and my midwife said not to worry unless it kept happening. 

As for Amber,  I actually get why she got so upset.  As crazy as she is, she wanted a family and it didn't work and then Gary made a family with Leah and Kristina.  As the Baby Momma, she still had a place of importance in the family even as an outsider now not so much.  I get that it's hard.  My ex and I each got engaged at around the same time and yet when he told me I felt a very huge sense of loss and sadness at what wasn't despite that fact that I knew better then to be in a relationship with him ever again and even though I was in a new and better relationship.

• Love 2

Scoot over and let me sit next to you because I come with brain bleach to share. I've thought of this, as well. My thought was him standing bedside. And collapsing from being out-of-breath. Want to borrow my bleach now?

You might need all of it for yourself. As I see it, the problem with standing bedside is that gravity is going to make certain...key areas hard to find. Plus if he moved too quickly he might throw his back out. I just don't know. And this is a horrible conversation but I just can't stop.

• Love 3

Depends on the five year old.  When I told my four year old that we were having a baby he immediately became very concerned about the status of his belongings post-birth.  'When the baby comes out of your tummy can I still have this ball?'  'Yes, of course.'  Worried look.  'When the baby comes out of your tummy can I still have this truck?'  'All your toys will still be yours.'  More worried looks and about ten more rounds of 'When...'  It was really cute and sad at the same time. He was so worried about it. 

I agree with all of your post, but this ^^^ cracked me up.

I only ever wanted one child and was fortunate enough to get her.  I was a single parent with a great career and no child support (and no Daddy Persnickety in the picture, but that's a whole 'nother story).

Whenever Mini Persnickety would bring up wanting a brother or a sister, I'd let her know that would mean having to share everything, including Mama Persnickety's attention.

Shut that shit down at every turn and, now that she's an adult, she totally endorses my approach to her requests for a sibling.

Kids...gotta love 'em.  

Regarding Gary...

I got the distinct impression when Gary brought up "options" for Kristina's baby, first and foremost in his mind was ABORTION.  He just caught himself and didn't go there.

But, yeah, if I were a betting bitch, I'd put my 10 spot on Gary's first thought being to abort the baby rather than adopt it out.

That being said, I really hope Gary has a good life insurance policy for the kids' (including Kristina's unborn one) sake.

That guy looks like a walking, talking, breathing heart attack.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

I always get the feeling that Gary must smell something fierce. He seems to sweat easily and breathing through his mouth (huffing and puffing sometimes), isn't good hygiene for his mouth. A dry mouth can have a funky smell. His clothes seem tight on him and that isn't good when one is sweating away. He mentioned in last week's episode about having bought a new recliner! Why? Because the previous one broke or he wore it out so quickly from laying in it all day? Amber's couch has a permanent pushed in spot because she lays in it all the damn time. WTH? Why can't these people move around, do something outside of the house, get a job, do something? MOVE IT!!!

Also does anyone else think Maci shouldn't planned to tell her son that she pregrant on his Birthday?

I guess it was kind of sweet how she did it, with the card and all, but I was thinking - "Let him have his day, don't make it about you!"

it kinda broke my heart when Gary told his 5 year old daughter that this baby is a mistake. Gee I wonder if that will have any mental impact for year later?

When I was a kid, my siblings and I would sometimes tell each other "you were adopted", just to be little jerks. If Leah remembers this conversation, she could easily tell her little brother or sister, "You were just a mistake" in the heat of the moment. What a terrible thing to tell a child. 

You can choose adoption….or….." and she said, "yes?"  and he slowly said, "or adoption."  Methinks he wanted the other a- option but was afraid to say it on TV.  I already feel sorry for that child because Gary doesn't even act like he cares about his girlfriend.

That's exactly what he was thinking. If the cameras weren't there, I bet he would have been pressuring her to have an abortion. 

• Love 4

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Does Kristina seem to be appear pretty intelligent, logical, and sane? Yup. But she's dating Gary and got pregnant by him. That negates labeling her "normal".

I think girl has MAJOR self esteem issues and has some character flaws that will be revealed the more screen time she gets. Just my hunch.

And her horrid grammar negates calling her anything close to intelligent.

• Love 5

When I was a kid, my siblings and I would sometimes tell each other "you were adopted", just to be little jerks. If Leah remembers this conversation, she could easily tell her little brother or sister, "You were just a mistake" in the heat of the moment. What a terrible thing to tell a child.

My older sister, RIP, did this to me. She also added that "Santa isn't real, either!" I was cool with the adopted part. (I'm not adopted but I always thought that was stupid argument. "So mom and dad chose me? No wonder. Look at what they got by chance..."). That Santa part stung a bit, though.

I've only had one child on purpose. Everyone else was not a mistake, they were a surprise. A good surprise.

• Love 2

Right. In the midst of this clusterfuck, you have those irritating ads MTV promotes for the young viewers who may have questions about sex and birth control. If that shit didn't help the people on this show, why the hell do you think it will work for the young viewers? How many of these idiots went on college campuses to push your agenda about using protection when they themselves couldn't bother to use it?

I think my favorite was the Viagra ad that ran in my broadcast of TM OG this week. There can't be too many in MTV's age demographic who need help with ED, but that's the least of the irony...

That scene of him laying down in the chair with no neck and that thin 'beard' thing going around his small fat round head and just his eyes and mouth basically telling us that we're looking at a face there , it was all so Jabba the Hut I could not believe it.

I have to hand it to him on the placement of the beard thing, though.  There's nothing even remotely resembling a jawline to follow; it has to be just kind of arbitrarily perched there between face and neck, and it looks like it's pretty close to where it should be.

• Love 2
Sad that there is not a person on this show (except for Ryan omg that makes it even worse!) that has an actual job or career. The rest of them are sitting on their asses trying to extend their 15 minutes on MTV.  Amber and Gary do nothing. I don't even think Kristina works. Maci doesn't work. No idea what her boyfriend does. I thought he was in motorcross racing or something but may have him confused with someone else. But since he moved to be with her I doubt he does that anymore. Catelynn and Tyler don't work and five years later Tyler just now decides to enroll in a school he's just basically going to be throwing money away by attending? If MTV packed up and left tomorrow they would all be screwed. Probably broke. Sad. What a waste. All of them.

Now that they have finally broken the fourth wall (which is very uncomfortable, because it is clear that these young people are way too close to the production staff... heck, they might be Farrah's only friends) are they going to finally openly talk about the money?

Correct me if I am wrong, but during the original run, these girls were making somewhere between 250K-500K per season  ( I forget exactly what Amber's court documents said about the compensation).  Does that mean they have now accrued well over a million dollars before taxes?  If they are smart with the money... will they be set for life?  I am asking the financial whiz kids on the board.

It is interesting that Amber admitted that she is worried that a man might only be interested in her for her money.  I really hope that the guys that Maci seems to attract are not in it for the free ride and actually care for her and Bentley.

• Love 2

I believe Amber's numbers covered several seasons. They also had outside income from tabloids and speaking engagements. I don't know anything for sure, my guess is that they've made about $300-400K from MTV and a frugal person would still have about $150K after taxes. So I'll guess most of these kids are broke and have any incoming money already spent on monthly payments for cars and nonsense.

• Love 2

An ex of mine dated a chick who claimed her doctor told her she could never get pregnant.

Aaaaaaaand (as it usually goes)...she just gave birth recently to another son. So much for that "I'm sterile"  nonsense. 3 have been adopted and she has custody of 2, her oldest and youngest. SMH.

I am betting most of us know at least one of these.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 2

Wow, I honestly think Tyler is the worst person on this show now. I was cringing so bad when he was rehearsing what he wanted to say to Brandon and Theresa. Yikes. And in the preview he looks like he's totally out of line with them again. I wonder how they feel after seeing these episodes. What a lunatic.

• Love 9

Is the reason she is with Gary at all bc of MTV? I don't claim to understand anything about Indiana… but it seems odd that he gets any girls at all. hmmmm… Pickings can't be that slim out there, can they? 

He seems to have a 'gift' for sniffing out low-self-esteem targets and then manipulating them to make the issue even worse.

• Love 3

Now that they have finally broken the fourth wall (which is very uncomfortable, because it is clear that these young people are way too close to the production staff... heck, they might be Farrah's only friends) are they going to finally openly talk about the money?

Correct me if I am wrong, but during the original run, these girls were making somewhere between 250K-500K per season  ( I forget exactly what Amber's court documents said about the compensation).  Does that mean they have now accrued well over a million dollars before taxes?  If they are smart with the money... will they be set for life?  I am asking the financial whiz kids on the board.

It is interesting that Amber admitted that she is worried that a man might only be interested in her for her money.  I really hope that the guys that Maci seems to attract are not in it for the free ride and actually care for her and Bentley.

I was thinking that they should get different crew every season to not get so close but then I realized that knowing the producers actually makes them open up more and revealing their real self. With new people each time they might be more cautious. Look at Tyler, he certainly seems like worse person from year to year.

And I think that none of these pregnancies were accidental, they all conveniently happened after new season started filming. Except Katelynn unless they were in talks to maybe produce another season and Tyler decided that having another child could sway production into actually doing it. It will guarantee more fame and money. Having Gary and Macy also come up with new babies might guarantee another few seasons of this train wreck. More drama coming up! More new houses and cars and sitting home doing nothing...

• Love 2

Sorry Indiana, but it's not doing you any favors if Gary seems to be the hot ticket in town. He can lose me with that chin strap too. Not fooling anyone with that optical illusion.

As for Cate, that scene where the mom's were making chocolate and she walked in....she looked like helllll. Dark circles, pale...could have been the gray dress but still. She looked sickly. Dr's only raise concern when you gain a lot of weight in a short amount of time. 20 lbs in first trimester is a lot. Steady weight gain is normal. Plus she failed her GTT so that's another concern. I gained almost 80lbs carrying twins and my Dr and his staff didn't bat an eye cause it was steady weight gain. Not a significant jump.

I find it very hard to believe she was 140 lbs pre-pregnancy too. Girl please.

I love that B&T will be watching all of this and hopefully decide to close this adoption up till Carly is 18.

• Love 3

Uhhhh....I was pretty confused as to why neither Gary nor Amber bothered to check Leah's pants after she said she pooped them. So, just let her sit in it until bedtime???

I was also surprised that they didn't at least check, but usually kindergarteners have a change of clothes either in their backpacks or kept in the classroom just for these type of emergencies, so I assume they cleaned her up and had her change at school.  

Who cares about how Tyler is talking to Catelyn - is she begging for gestational diabetes!? The girl is only half way there and has already gained 20lbs! I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I'm 8lbs down from being so ill - my doctor has zero concerns - girl needs to leave the freakin donuts alone. She looks terrible, TERRIBLE - sorry but not sorry. 

Someone else who needs to lay off the donuts - gary. God damn!

I don't buy Kristina's birth control story. The way Gary was talking to Leah was extremely disturbing. Telling her this one was an accident which means it wasn't supposed to happen!!? Where the f do they do that at!!? It seems like he's pretty unsure about this unborn child because I think he had thoughts that him and Amber still had a chance to make it work - although I can tell right now that would never happen!!

WTF is Ryan's deal!!! Ugh!!! It's pissing me off. He shows up 45 minutes late to his sons birthday and then can't even talk to his childs mom. He is the poster child for men you want to AVOID! Sooo immature...

Maci's baby announcement to Bentley was sooo cute!! Unfortunately it seems like he takes after his dad LOL

Edited by tumamita

Gary tells his five year old daughter that her sibling-to-be is a mistake, tells his pregnant girlfriend that he may never want to get married and looks like he should be on My 600 lb Life. Tell me again how he has gotten anyone to sleep with him?

• Love 4

Maci needs to chill out always wondering about Ryan and asking about Ryan. I'm surprised her current guy doesn't notice that shit.

The music surrounding Amber kills me. Amber's scenes: electric guitars start strumming out of control. Like how Dylan McKay scenes used to be on 90210. Bad boy music. When will she get it that they never were, never are and never will be a happy family? Did we need to know Leah crapped her pants? As if she's not embarassed enough having Amber and Gary as parents.

• Love 12

I am so ready to see Tyler get the smack down he deserves from B & T.  All that talk with his Mom, and we hear him talking to them like he has any control over Carly.  I hope they close the adoption.

It certainly sounded like the conversation Teresa wants to have was headed in that direction.  And  while I don't really blame them I feel bad for Catelynn s since she will  lose out because of Tyler's big mouth and big attitude. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I used to adore Tyler so it pains me to see what a raging douche he has turned into. I'm also looking forward to the B&T smack down. Tyler needs to get a wake up call that he doesn't own Carly or have any rights to her. Tyler's attitude of "it's not my fault that I'm so (faux) famous, so deal with it" sucks and is totally ridiculous. He doesn't "owe" his followers access to THEIR child. I gather from some other posts that Tyler and Catelynn perhaps were misled about what an open adoption would mean, but he needs to grow up. B&T have been working (and not just suckling at the MTV teat) and raising Carly day in and day out. She is their daughter. In the long run, perhaps a closed adoption would have been better for all parties involved.

• Love 4

This show is starting to look a lot like the opening of Idiocracy. Gary looks like he's going to explode soon. Why don't they sic Tyler on him so he can lose some weight and at the same time give Cate a little break from the constant nagging. What a controlling douche Tyler is.  Also, add me to the people who didn't need to see Bentley stripper dancing or hearing Leah saying she pooped her pants. Now that the kids are older they shouldn't put stuff like that out there. It's inappropriate and insensitive. I know, like Mtv gives a shit.

Bubby and Bew Bew? Really?

I call my cats those names affectionately and now I just feel weird about it. Thanks a lot Teen Mom.

• Love 10

When she said this, I immediately thought of the kind of "man" she is referring to. We have seen a few of those "men" and I am guessing that if Amber had a $1,000 in the bank, she would be considered "loaded". I don't think Amber retained a lot of the money she has earned. Every season you see her with a new car! She now owns a home. She has to pay property taxes on it along with the upkeep and maintenance - indoors and out. She is shelling out god knows how much money for her fugly nails. Did anyone else catch those claws?! God almighty, they were hideous!  She is likely sharing her money with family. Taking mom, cousin and anyone else to get those weekly mani and pedis can add up quick. An expensive purse here and there. Buying toys for Leah, eating out, going on trips, putting gas in the gas guzzlers she purchases, car maintenance, her hair maintenance, clothes, etc. Without a REAL job, she is going through her money like it is literally coming out of her ass. This doesn't even count all those homes she rented. That girl was constantly moving from one place to another. At one point, Amber was in trouble with her landlord for the house she leased for a year prior to going to prison. She signed the lease and therefore, had to pay him regardless of the fact she was not in the home anymore.

If Amber is attracting the wrong kind of guy, it is her own damn fault because she doesn't ask for much in a guy. I am guessing she is also splurging her money on them as a means to attract them.

The amount mentioned in the court documents for Amber's income was $280k a year. That doesn't include any monies from her book. She, along with the other participants, have to pay taxes on that income. They are listed as contract workers. They get paid once a year and then the following year they are hit with the taxes.  Maci found herself owing nearly $80,000 in unpaid taxes in 2011. Leah Messer, Jenelle, and Kailyn were in deep trouble with their taxes as well. Leah owed at one point over $10k to the IRS. That happened after she had already set-up a payment plan. She failed on the payment plan so, the IRS wanted their $10k immediately.  Kailyn also had a similar situation.

• Love 3