Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: New Kids On The Block

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I just can't with this show anymore.

Gary needs a serious intervention, with food. His obesity is jarring onscreen and his girlfriend seems perfectly OK with it. All he does is lay around. Does he work or is he also just sucking at the MTV teet? Clearly his gf is pregnant so I don't know why we needed her to prove it with 3 tests.

Tyler... Again... STFU!!!! This woman is carrying your child for the 2nd time, cut her some slack. You already jeopardized your open adoption with your big mouth so take a seat. What is with his arrogance lately?! Out of control social media whore. Thank God Catelynn has some sense left. I hope Brandon and Teresa give it to them straight next week.

Ughhhhh, show.

• Love 10

I am so ready to see Tyler get the smack down he deserves from B & T.  All that talk with his Mom, and we hear him talking to them like he has any control over Carly.  I hope they close the adoption.

I hate that we have to hear Gary breathing.  Dude seriously needs to lose weight now.

Edited by Samwil
  • Love 8

Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but that phone call from Theresa did not sound positive at all.  Catelynn and Tyler were all psyched about meeting with them, and the way Theresa was talking sounded like they want to meet to talk about reducing contact more.  The way she hesitated when they asked about seeing Carly made it even worse.  And Tyler continues to act like he and Catelynn are entitled to contact with Carly, like *he's* the one in the position to put his foot down.  I know that they were misled a lot by the adoption agency, so it wasn't their fault how things have played out, but it really is about time they changed perspectives on this.  Despite seeming more reasonable last week, Catelynn was still talking with their family about *everyone* getting to visit with Carly...  

Gary, ew.  Forget what he said on camera to Amber about his relationship with Kristina, the things he said to Kristina directly were bad enough.  The way he told Leah about how the new baby was an accident (did he forget Leah wasn't exactly planned either?) was ridiculous too.  Amber did hold it together well while he was breaking the news, but I'm sure it's mostly hard for her because the thing that was still special between her and Gary is now no longer unique to her relationship with him, plus hearing his lovely opinions about why having a kid with someone isn't a reason to marry/stay with them couldn't have helped. 

• Love 7

How long were Maci and Taylor together in person before she got pregnant? I don't feel they've been together very long, not counting long distance, and the fact Taylor is weary of marrying Maci but they rushed into pregnancy just irks me. I believe marriage is a huge commitment that should be taken seriously but a child is an even bigger one. I think Maci wants a family and marriage because once she's a housewife she can claim that as her job instead of pretending to keep going to school and that's she's going to have a career outside the home. Which is fine when you make a choice to fully commit to someone and you're both on the same page. I think Maci would have settled down with anyone.

• Love 12

The more I see of Tyler the more I am glad he and Cate Lynn don't have Carly.

I have a suspicion that his anger is going to get more and more out of control.

And as much as they are both fighting it, I think it's possible he may end up like Butch. Maybe not with the drugs and drinking, but with a very bad temper. The type that could land him in alot of trouble.

And I would have sympathy about Carly if I felt he gave a DAMN about her.

But I think Tyler likes the attention. Shes the reason they are "famous". Carly is the reason they got on the show in the first place. Without her and the adoption story nobody would care about them. And they wouldn't have the money they have now.

I just think Tyler is trying to be a bully. He's not thinking about Carly. He's thinking about himself and his "fame". Seriously, why is it so important to post pics and video of her on social media? We are all a bunch of strangers. It's not important for us to see her.

He should be happy Carly gets to live a private life away from cameras. It sure seems like the other kids on the show hate it sometimes.

Brandon and Teresa are asking for very little. Is attention really that important to Tyler?

• Love 5

So, just fuck protection. Fuck it right to Hell. Pretty much everyone is a teen parent. terrible decision already. So, let's just keep adding kids to the mix. With people we don't even have long standing relationships with or people like Tyler who shouldn't have any kids while he continues to show his immaturity. Idiots. A show filled with idiots.

• Love 8

Oh and genius Gary. Call the child you're expecting a accident on television. News flash, as special as Leah is, she was a mistake too. Just shut up and be a good dad man. I don't care about how fat he is. I think people are too preoccupied with that. I just don't need to see him be a douche.

• Love 10
Brandon and Teresa are asking for very little. Is attention really that important to Tyler?

I completely agree that Brandon and Teresa are being perfectly reasonable in their request to limit public photographs of Carly.  The problem is that Catelyn and Tyler (along with many of the other Teen moms and dads) haven't actually accomplished anything in the past 6 years.  I don't know if the MTV money kept them from having the motivation to go out and work or go to school, or if they still would have achieved nothing in 6 years without the show.  He's sitting around analyzing his publicity and trying to drum up attention since his MTV career is all he has in his life.  His mother is right - this is only temporary and he should use this time to establish a backup plan, but we've seen no evidence of either Caitlyn or Tyler working towards any goals.

• Love 2

Why do I continue to torture myself year after year watching this shit?

Gary is a COMPLETE asshole. I think the only reason Leah is as adjusted as she is is because of Christina. It sure as fuck isn't because of Gary.

Tyler is a little prick. I hope Cate doesn't lose any weight because I'm about 98% sure that's why he won't marry her and frankly when she does decide to leave his stupid ass it will make it easier to split without the official divorce. I can't wait to see the smack down headed his way, too bad Cate is going to be caught in the crosshairs.

Maci. Whatever.

• Love 5

Tyler reminds me SO much of parents who only post pictures of their kids on FB for attention.  The more pictures they post, the more likes they get.  I feel like that gives him a lot of gratification for whatever reason.  I'm glad that Brandon and Theresa are putting their feet down with this one.  Tyler just wants to use Carly for attention and he couldn't care less if it impacts their visits.  I hope that Catelynn ditches him and fixes her relationship with Brandon and Theresa for Carly's sake.  He's just dragging her down.  I won't even get started on his issues with HER weight.  I can't stand people who are concerned with people's weight because of their "health".  Get out of here with that, man.

I really hope that Taylor knows what he's getting with Maci.  You see how she's making herself the victim in every interaction with Ryan?  That's your future if you don't marry her. Ryan is probably very immature and no doubt a jerk, but Maci is also very manipulative and complicates things more than necessary.  I hate the way she puts things in Bentley's head as well.  "Are you sure you're okay with this baby?  Are you sure you're not sad?  Are you sure you're not sad about having to share me?  Are you sure you're not confused about having a different daddy than the baby?  Are you sure you don't wanna be sad and confused?  It's okay to be sad and confused so that I can fix it and look like a good mom."  Just stop.

Won't touch on Amber because I see someone who is still very sick.

• Love 17

This one seemed more unusually scripted than normal. I was already appalled pre-"hey Leah! Do you want this fucking mistake to be a boy or a girl?!"... I don't care if I got impregnated by a guy with 18 different children, if my baby daddy's reaction to my pregnancy announcement involved immediately bringing up an ex, dude would never see me again.

Ryan & Maci's interaction was also bizarre. "Hey! How are you??" "Great thanks! How are you? Wanna do Bentley's birthday together like last year?" "Ugh. We always argue!! God!!" "Well, just think about it

Drive safe!" "K thanks! Bye!"

Um?

• Love 5

Bubby and Bew Bew? Really?

Amber looked high as hell to me in the car scene with her loser cousin. Where are the cousin's kids? Did she lose custody too? She sure does seem to have a lot of free time without them.

• Love 5

What kind of father tells their 5 year old that "this one is a mistake and wasn't supposed to happen".

I dunno. The boys/young men on this show are straight up wack jobs.

1) Gary is disturbing to look at and the things he says out of his mouth. What is it, pray tell, that Christina sees in him. He gets told he is going to be a dad again and his main concern is what?

2) Tyler is going off the rails. Did you guys hear him in the coming attractions? If I were Brandon and Theresa, this would be a wrap. Tyler seriously thinks that if they pull him and catelyn out of Carly's life that she will be a sad little girl. Huh? They only see her, what once or twice a year? He is delusional about his importance in that kid's life right now. He is acting like he has the upper hand and B&T won't react for fear of hurting Carly. Someone wake that boy up before he loses the right to see Carly all together.

3) I don't know what to say about Ryan but I will say this about Maci. She invites Ryan to come to the party, she stands around the party wondering if Ryan is going to show up. Then when he shows up, she is criticizing him behind his back. He doesn't talk to them, they don't talk to him, so why do u want him there???

4) Someone please explain Amber to me. Does she still have feelings for Gary or what? I am taken aback by her reactions to Gary.

• Love 5

Just got caught up on this episode. A few thoughts:

- WTF is wrong with Tyler?  I don't even know how Brandonandteresa have tolerated Tyler's crap to this point, and from the previews it looks like it gets worse. It seems like Catelynn understands the possible consequences, but Tyler just gets cockier and cockier. I would like to see the adoption closed except for I feel like it'd really hurt Catelynn and she's willing to follow the rules.

- Mahaincess I thought the same about Amber. Plus thought it was weird she had the cousin driving her car - perhaps because she knew she shouldn't be driving?  I hope I'm wrong, but it was my first thought.  Also, I wish she'd stop calling that kid BewBew. If you didn't like "Leah" for her name, why did you pick it? Leah is pretty adorable though.

- Gary telling Leah the new baby was a mistake was really sad. He or she will see that some day!  Plus it's a little weird to have that conversation with your 5-6 year old. That said I do know a family that has a much younger (and obviously unintentional) 3rd child that they called "oops" for years, and she seems to have turned out okay.

- Shame on MTV for showing that Bentley dancing segment where it looked like he was doing some sort of stripper dance. Cute in private - not cute on national TV where his classmates might well see it.

- Maci bringing up all that stuff to Bentley about the new baby making him sad, confused, etc. made me sad for him. I think that was all pretty scripted, but it was seriously unnecessary. For some reason I worry about him more than the other kids on the show lately. I also worry about Catelynn and Tyler's future child because Tyler seems to be getting angrier and angrier. If he's that bad on camera, I have to wonder what he's like when they're not filming.

This whole episode was pretty depressing to watch.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 4

The thing that really gets to me is that as a parent myself, and while not technically a teen because I was 20 when I birthed, is that these people don't seem to be learning. I made plenty of bad parenting moves, but I learned from my mistakes and didn't keep repeating them. Your children will give the lessons you need, you just need to be willing to grow from them. There seems to be none of that with these idiots.

• Love 6

There are no words to everything that came out of Gary's mouth tonight. WTH with his reaction to hearing he will be a dad being "I wonder what Amber will think?" Is it because they are acknowledging the $$ they are making off MTV?  Christina probably knows that without Amber in the picture, the MTV gravy train will stop running through their house. Is the reason she is with Gary at all bc of MTV? I don't claim to understand anything about Indiana… but it seems odd that he gets any girls at all. hmmmm… Pickings can't be that slim out there, can they? 
Tyler is definitely going to go off the rails one of these days. What happened to him going to to New Orleans and studying acting? I think he is primarily with Catelynn bc of MTV and the fame. And if he left him, the fans would most likely turn on him. Sad for Cate. She deserves better (everyone would deserve better than that). I also worry about his temper when the cameras are not around. We have seen him go off on the pets. Scary. 
Maci… ehhh…. IDK what to say about her new pregnancy. I do think its weird when people think they aren't ready for the commitment of marriage but are ready to have a baby. They do know that divorce is legal and acceptable in this day and age but your baby is for life, right? Idiots. 
And Ryan is a God-awful father. Even his dad is sick of his bull. You don't get to let your parents do your part of your visitation and then just blow through for a few minutes here and there. It is a blessing that Maci didn't actually marry that idiot. And she should have finished that thought with, "And how big of an idiot was I to have a child with him?!" 

• Love 4

What the hell was with Jen gossiping w Maci about the status of Ryans relationship? Does Mavi really need to know that Ryan is thinking of moving out? Whatever kind of asshole he is, I don't think she needs to be sharing Ryans business that has nothing to do w Bentley. Or is Jen still hoping for a Maci/Ryan pairing?

This new baby should throw some cold water on that for her.

• Love 6

I don't understand these girls rushing to have more kids with guys they have been with what less than a year? I understand that Kristina and Gary are supposedly an accident but I don't believe it for a second. Either someone was careless or Kristina was fearful of being replaced since Amber was back in town and to secure her place in Gary's life she got knocked up. Which is CRAZY!

Tyler is going off the rails. Did you guys hear him in the coming attractions? If I were Brandon and Theresa, this would be a wrap. Tyler seriously thinks that if they pull him and catelyn out of Carly's life that she will be a sad little girl. Huh? They only see her, what once or twice a year? He is delusional about his importance in that kid's life right now. He is acting like he has the upper hand and B&T won't react for fear of hurting Carly. Someone wake that boy up before he loses the right to see Carly all together.

Agree with this times ten!  Carly probably has no clue who Tyler and Cate are. She doesn't think twice about them when they are not around. they are like some long lost aunt and uncle. She could care less.  They are strangers to her and that is how it should be. Tyler is disturbed and if I were Carly's parents I'd be done. Sorry Cate, concentrate on your new daughter, Carly is going to be out of your lives and for her sake that is a good thing.

Sad that there is not a person on this show (except for Ryan omg that makes it even worse!) that has an actual job or career. The rest of them are sitting on their asses trying to extend their 15 minutes on MTV.  Amber and Gary do nothing. I don't even think Kristina works. Maci doesn't work. No idea what her boyfriend does. I thought he was in motorcross racing or something but may have him confused with someone else. But since he moved to be with her I doubt he does that anymore. Catelynn and Tyler don't work and five years later Tyler just now decides to enroll in a school he's just basically going to be throwing money away by attending? If MTV packed up and left tomorrow they would all be screwed. Probably broke. Sad. What a waste. All of them.

• Love 8

I find it so odd that this show is called Teen Mom, yet the person getting most of my focus, and ire, is freaking Tyler! But that boy is driving me nuts! First of all, what is up with his creepy, micro-managing of Catelynn's weight? I have never in my life known a SO who knows exactly how much weight the mother has gained in the past week. What, is he hovering over her on the scale at home too? It's one thing for a doctor to point out concerns about her weight gain, but Tyler is WAY too invested in it. He looked positively vindicated when the OB brought it up. 

I kind of feel badly for Cate. I know how hard it can be to not gain a ton of weight during pregnancy. I gained 45lbs with both my boys and 40 with my daughter. I did lose it all, all three times, but it was really hard watching the scale keep going up and up. I had really bad morning sickness in the first trimester, and basically just had to stuff my face (with whatever my body would accept, wasn't always asparagus and salmon) in order to function. Once that went away, though, I went back to my normal diet, with just a little extra snack thrown in. But the damage was done, 20 lbs in each first trimester. I gain weight super easily! And, while I was trying my best, I had one of the midwives in my practice just nagging me to death about it and making me feel like shit. 

It's a real fine line to walk, because you DO need to make sure that the baby is healthy, you do need to watch out for gestational diabetes. And I kind of get the feeling that Cate IS one of those people, as the doctor said, who uses pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever she wants. I got that feeling when she told Tyler she didn't want to not enjoy her pregnancy. I will tell you this, he's only going to make the situation worse with his hovering and passive aggressive comments. How about the one where he asked if she was feeling even more frustrated about her weight because they were getting married after the baby? Oh boy, that was rich! Catelynn hadn't even mentioned being frustrated AT ALL. No, that was just his way of reminding her she has to put on a wedding dress and he doesn't want her to look fat. 

I will say, their wedding venue is very beautiful. But I noticed they settled on an August date, even though Catelynn seemed really keen on a fall wedding. Hmmmm

I don't even want to get into Tyler's continued asinine attitude about their relationship with B&T. I'll get too irate. Look, I'm sorry if someone misled Tyler and Catelynn about what an open adoption is. That really sucks. But not only are they adults now, completely capable of figuring things out and navigating their own way in the world, I don't hear Tyler bitching about how much they see Carly, or how many photos they get. No. All I hear is "Wah, I can't post pics of her on social media so I can remind all my fans what a mature and benevolent man I am". 

And then, and then, he says he's going to remind B&T that they'll have a "sad" and "hurt" little girl on their hands (i.e.) Carly if they cut off contact. What??? Whoa, now. Save your guilt trips, you little jerk. I'm sorry to say, but I doubt Carly is going to lose her shit if she misses her yearly visit with this famewhore. Ugh, see, I'm getting too pissed off. Moving on....

So Maci's pregnant and is worried about offending her grandma because she's not married. Again. Well, how about making sure you don't GET pregnant before you're married. It's actually not that hard. I get that she has PCOS and was told it was "unlikely" she'd get pregnant again, but there's always that chance. So if it's important to you, use BC. Simple as that. 

I did love Bentley shutting that shit down. "Nope. No baby. Moving right along". 

I feel so awful for Kristina. Gary couldn't be more dismissive of her. "You're just my baby mama. We may not even be together in 2 years". It's quite clear, to me, that he only got with her because Amber was in prison and he wanted someone to take care of him and Bew Bew. He's so gross. And how sad is that Amber, of all people, is the one concerned about how Kristina's feelings might be hurt when she hears all these things Gary says? Damn. 

I wish Amber's brother lived closer. He would be a really good influence on her. Unlike that troll that is her cousin, Krystal. I'm sorry, I do not like that girl. Maybe it's because I can't get what Amber's mother said out of my head, that Krystal is only around for the cameras. And it was even confirmed she never visited Amber in prison, but that was brushed off because she is a "single mom". Yet, miraculously, her single mom status has not prevented her from going on book tours, or trips out of state to attend family graduations. Or maybe it's just the overly put-on, fake looks of concern she tries to muster up when Amber's talking. The constant ass-kissing. That chick just really rubs me the wrong way and I'm sick of seeing her. 

• Love 10

You know these idiots have reached rock bottom when Amber, in her screwed up mental state and possibly drug addled brain makes the most sense when she said that people should get married before they get babies. And if I can add, how about at least being in stable relationships before having more kids?

AND WTF is up with the way that both Maci and Gary told Bentley and Leah. Gary tells her that the baby was a mistake? Between that, and watching Gary lie down and the below the chin shot making him look like Jabba the Hut, I thought my brain was going to explode. As for Maci, newsflash, kids dat 5 don't have the capacity to envision what life is going to be like after a new baby arrives. So asking questions like, are you going to be mad to have to share me means zero to a 5 year old.

BTW, when the camera closes in on Maci, her skin  looks as bad as ever, I guess she piles on the makeup so she looks ok from a distance. I also cannot stand that neither she or Ryan make eye contact with each other when they talk. 

So Maci said that her doctor told her she MIGHT have a hard time getting pregnant again so they used no protection? Um, ok, let's say I believe that, just for fun. Even if that's true, the doctor didn't say not to use protection. It's pretty clear Maci got pregnant on purpose. She really doesn't ever want to get that degree, doe she? 

Amber's brother is right, Gary and Amber should have some kind of formal custody agreement, because if they went to court, Amber will end up owing CS. 

As for Cate and Tyler, where the hell do I begin? Let's start with Cate's weight gain. Cate needs to be careful. The doctor is 100% right, people think that pregnancy is s license to eat. I actually found eating while pregnant to be even more challenging than when I was wasn't. You have to be sure to get the right amount of nutrients while not eating all that much more. With my first I ate whatever and gained 70 pounds. I also ended up with preeclampsia, which was related to my weight gain. It took years to take the weight off. With my second, I watched every bite I ate, only gained 30 pounds, didn't get high BP, and was back in clothes within a few weeks. Cate is making a mistake by equating enjoying her pregnancy with eating whatever she wants. That said, Tyler had NO BUSINESS being the weight police. If he wants to plan and make Cate healthy foods, then fine, but he is just annoying how he nags her about her weight. 

As for the B&T meeting, I really hope B&T are very firm about their wishes.I love how Tyler is casting around for ammo. He doesn't have a legal leg to stand on, so he thinks that of he pulls out the old Carly will hate you for coming between her and her bio parents, it will give him some power. Tyler is deluded if he thinks that his and Cate's once or twice a year visit have meant that there is any attachment between Carly and them. And I want Dawn to be there because I want to see her try to deflect. Maybe then C&T will wake up to reality. 

• Love 6

Tyler is a douche, he's clearly obsessed with social media more than anything. I have no idea why its important for him to show strangers pictures... as long as he gets to see them himself, who cares if you can't show 1 million strangers? At the end of the day that's another couples daughter...Why would you even want to?

but Catelynn could stand to take better care of herself... she seems to just sit around eating pizza all day, have never seen that girl cook something homemade. she looks like Tyler's mother in a lot of scenes...

Edited by EDTV
  • Love 5

Watching Tyler makes me want to throw things.  When he was droning on about wanting Brandon and Teresa to put themselves in Catelynn and Tyler's shoes, he was just completely missing the point.  It's not about them; it's about Carly.  The one time he finally mentioned her wellbeing it was to talk about how devastated she would be not to have him in her life.  Please.  That would not affect that little girl's life one bit.  She sees them one day a year.  I doubt she's dwelling on it the other 364.

Maci's explanation of how she got pregnant was also hilarious.  "The doctor told me I might not be able to get pregnant, so I decided not to use birth control."  WTF?  Doesn't she give talks about safe sex to teens or something?  Out of everyone's reactions to these surprise second pregnancies that keep cropping up, Bentley's was the best: "LOL no.  I'm gonna go play with my toys."  I'm glad the kids on this show know how to detect BS because their parents sure aren't very self-aware.

• Love 5

Yeah, if I recall, Catelynn has never been a healthy eater and has had problems with her weight for most of the duration of the show (by problems, I mean clearly some insecurity issues and body image problems) but even prior to pregnancy, had a poor diet and was not very active. Maybe instead of lecturing her, Tyler could start stocking the house with healthier choices and invite her to go on walks with him or other activities. Pregnant women do need to be careful about how they eat and a little moderate exercise never hurt anyone. But Tyler is so that guy who loves to lecture about how everyone else is doing it wrong while doing nothing productive to improve the situation.

• Love 3

This new format of showing the producers and crew behind the scenes is kinda weird, but it especially bugged me on this episode. 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom were supposed to be produced to show young people the many difficulties of teen pregnancy. So what does the producer say when Maci tells her that she's once again pregnant? With a guy she's not married to and has known for less than a year? With no college degree and no job? "Congratulations." And "I'm so happy for you." Nice going, MTV.

• Love 6

i couldnt believe Tyler saying he's been preparing for the day that B&T cut them off for 2 years... but then continued to go on about wanting to post pictures online..

So posting pictures on social media to millions of strangers is more important than actually seeing your daughter ? you're willing to risk being cut off from your daughter just to post silly IG pix?

Even if that's how he really feels, wouldn't he at least try to hide that for the cameras?

Edited by EDTV
  • Love 3

This new format of showing the producers and crew behind the scenes is kinda weird, but it especially bugged me on this episode. 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom were supposed to be produced to show young people the many difficulties of teen pregnancy. So what does the producer say when Maci tells her that she's once again pregnant? With a guy she's not married to and has known for less than a year? With no college degree and no job? "Congratulations." And "I'm so happy for you." Nice going, MTV.

I really hope that Taylor knows what he's getting with Maci.  You see how she's making herself the victim in every interaction with Ryan?  That's your future if you don't marry her. Ryan is probably very immature and no doubt a jerk, but Maci is also very manipulative and complicates things more than necessary.  I hate the way she puts things in Bentley's head as well.  "Are you sure you're okay with this baby?  Are you sure you're not sad?  Are you sure you're not sad about having to share me?  Are you sure you're not confused about having a different daddy than the baby?  Are you sure you don't wanna be sad and confused?  It's okay to be sad and confused so that I can fix it and look like a good mom."  Just stop.

Ugh I was yelling at my TV when she started in on that. Seriously? Stop trying to make your kid sad! He obviously was not feeling ANY of those things until she started pressuring him with it. I have noticed she does things like this a lot and I think you nailed it with wanting to look like a good mom by fixing something that doesn't need fixing. 

Agree with this times ten!  Carly probably has no clue who Tyler and Cate are. She doesn't think twice about them when they are not around. they are like some long lost aunt and uncle. She could care less.  They are strangers to her and that is how it should be. Tyler is disturbed and if I were Carly's parents I'd be done. Sorry Cate, concentrate on your new daughter, Carly is going to be out of your lives and for her sake that is a good thing.

My nephew is adopted (ironically enough, my SIL and brother also used Bethany Christian Services) and even though he is only 2 and a half I can tell you that he knows 100% that my brother, SIL and the rest of our family are his true family. Their situation is a bit different since his biological parents are both in jail so while they do have an open adoption (letters and pictures) visits are obviously out of the question but it just makes me laugh that Tyler thinks that it's going to mean anything to Carly that they are cut out of her life. She won't be some sad and traumatized little girl. She doesn't even know them! I do believe that they were mislead initially (Dawn was so shady) but there was something Tyler said last night that made me think that he understands now but he still just refuses to accept that he literally has no control over Carly. 

• Love 4

I don't have any issues with what Tyler said to Catelynn about her weight.  3 lbs in a week?  Holy fuck....that's a lot.  Do you know what you have to eat to gain 3 lbs in a week?  He may not be concerned about her health, but he is concerned about having to hear her whine and cry about how fat she is after she's done being pregnant.  As much as people are sick and tired of others harping on weight because of health, I'm tired of hearing overweight people whine and cry about how hard it is to lose weight.  Of course it's not easy, but it would be easier if she wasn't eating a Big Mac every day.  I was overweight, I know the struggle.  But I also know that until you shutup with the excuses you are never going to lose the weight.

A doctor just told her she should still be eating healthy and ONLY upping her calories by 1-300 a day.  Right now she's probably close to 1,000 a day.  And she's still rolling her eyes about how she's gonna be happy during her pregnancy.  That, in itself, is an issue.  Her happiness is attached to the food she's eating?  

You can be happy during your pregnancy without giving yourself permission to eat everything because you're pregnant.  

The "I'm eating for two!" excuse is so 1955 it's not even funny.

I can hardly be disgusted with watching Gary (and I am) and give Catelynn a free pass.

• Love 4
Maybe instead of lecturing her, Tyler could start stocking the house with healthier choices and invite her to go on walks with him or other activities. Pregnant women do need to be careful about how they eat and a little moderate exercise never hurt anyone. But Tyler is so that guy who loves to lecture about how everyone else is doing it wrong while doing nothing productive to improve the situation.

And it's very easy for Tyler to take this superior high ground with the weight thing, when he looks like one of those people who will just never have to worry about their weight. It looks like he has Butch's genes. I bet he eats just as shitty as she does, and gets away with it. Not his fault, but damn....don't make her feel like shit. I agree, offering to go on walks in the evening, or cooking her a nice dinner would go a lot further than his backhanded comments and constant hovering. 

• Love 13

I don't have any issues with what Tyler said to Catelynn about her weight.  3 lbs in a week?  Holy fuck....that's a lot.  Do you know what you have to eat to gain 3 lbs in a week?  He may not be concerned about her health, but he is concerned about having to hear her whine and cry about how fat she is after she's done being pregnant.  As much as people are sick and tired of others harping on weight because of health, I'm tired of hearing overweight people whine and cry about how hard it is to lose weight.  Of course it's not easy, but it would be easier if she wasn't eating a Big Mac every day.  I was overweight, I know the struggle.  But I also know that until you shutup with the excuses you are never going to lose the weight.

A doctor just told her she should still be eating healthy and ONLY upping her calories by 1-300 a day.  Right now she's probably close to 1,000 a day.  And she's still rolling her eyes about how she's gonna be happy during her pregnancy.  That, in itself, is an issue.  Her happiness is attached to the food she's eating?  

You can be happy during your pregnancy without giving yourself permission to eat everything because you're pregnant.  

The "I'm eating for two!" excuse is so 1955 it's not even funny.

I can hardly be disgusted with watching Gary (and I am) and give Catelynn a free pass.

In all fairness, sometimes a significant weight gain in a short period of time is related to water retention, especially in pregnancies. But yeah, in Cate's case, I would bet she's eating even worse than usual which is not ideal. A pregnant woman shouldn't be starving herself in order to stay thin, but she should be focused on making sure she's getting plenty of protein, iron, calcium, vitamins, etc, and staying hydrated. And I agree it is troubling that Cate thinks of happiness in terms of what she's allowed to eat. That said, I doubt Tyler's lecturing is going to be helpful to her.

• Love 2

First of all, why would anyone constantly refer to their child as Boo Boo. We all know Leah wasn't exactly planned, but really. And now Kristina is carrying Boo Boo 2, since ol' GareBear made it perfectly clear on national TV that this pregnancy is an "accident". That should be a real eye opener for Kristina to see what a POS he really is. To him, she's just a baby mama. IDK why anyone would put up with that.

Tyler is just awful. Awful to Cate, awful to B&T, his pets, and everyone else. It'll be interesting to see if that wedding venue actually gets used in August.

Maci. Meh. I feel bad for Bentley, but at least she explained babies in a much nicer and more appropriate way to him.

• Love 2

I dunno. The boys/young men on this show are straight up wack jobs.

1) Gary is disturbing to look at and the things he says out of his mouth. What is it, pray tell, that Christina sees in him. He gets told he is going to be a dad again and his main concern is what?

2) Tyler is going off the rails. Did you guys hear him in the coming attractions? If I were Brandon and Theresa, this would be a wrap. Tyler seriously thinks that if they pull him and catelyn out of Carly's life that she will be a sad little girl. Huh? They only see her, what once or twice a year? He is delusional about his importance in that kid's life right now. He is acting like he has the upper hand and B&T won't react for fear of hurting Carly. Someone wake that boy up before he loses the right to see Carly all together.

3) I don't know what to say about Ryan but I will say this about Maci. She invites Ryan to come to the party, she stands around the party wondering if Ryan is going to show up. Then when he shows up, she is criticizing him behind his back. He doesn't talk to them, they don't talk to him, so why do u want him there???

4) Someone please explain Amber to me. Does she still have feelings for Gary or what? I am taken aback by her reactions to Gary.

Tyler needs to realize Carly will see this one day. Wonder how she would feel with Tyler bashing her parents

• Love 4
First of all, why would anyone constantly refer to their child as Boo Boo

In all fairness, I don't think she calls her Boo Boo, like boo boo = a mistake. I think it's more a term of endearment. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 7

Watching Tyler makes me want to throw things. When he was droning on about wanting Brandon and Teresa to put themselves in Catelynn and Tyler's shoes, he was just completely missing the point. It's not about them; it's about Carly. The one time he finally mentioned her wellbeing it was to talk about how devastated she would be not to have him in her life. Please. That would not affect that little girl's life one bit. She sees them one day a year. I doubt she's dwelling on it the other 364.

Maci's explanation of how she got pregnant was also hilarious. "The doctor told me I might not be able to get pregnant, so I decided not to use birth control." WTF? Doesn't she give talks about safe sex to teens or something? Out of everyone's reactions to these surprise second pregnancies that keep cropping up, Bentley's was the best: "LOL no. I'm gonna go play with my toys." I'm glad the kids on this show know how to detect BS because their parents sure aren't very self-aware.

Maci got pregnant on purpose

• Love 11

How long were Maci and Taylor together in person before she got pregnant? I don't feel they've been together very long, not counting long distance, and the fact Taylor is weary of marrying Maci but they rushed into pregnancy just irks me. I believe marriage is a huge commitment that should be taken seriously but a child is an even bigger one. I think Maci wants a family and marriage because once she's a housewife she can claim that as her job instead of pretending to keep going to school and that's she's going to have a career outside the home. Which is fine when you make a choice to fully commit to someone and you're both on the same page. I think Maci would have settled down with anyone.

For sure.  I remember how much pressure she was putting on Kyle to get married and have another baby and that was when she was what, 19 or 20?  It was ridiculous.  Thank god that boy had some sense.  And I hate the whole "I didn't think I could get pregnant so we weren't using protection!" excuse.  That's a bunch of bullshit.  Women with PCOS get pregnant all the time.  It's harder for them, yes, but it is very possible.  So if you don't want another baby, then USE PROTECTION.  She clearly wanted to get pregnant.  Hell, I've had a tubal ligation and my husband STILL wants to use protection.  Those are the actions of someone who truly doesn't want another baby.  

I had to give Amber props for her reaction when Gary was giving her the news.  I felt really bad for her, actually.  I also felt it was totally inappropriate to give her the news with Leah right there.  And Gary is such a manipulative prick. It's so obvious that he plays the two women against each other.  Why would he even have to have a conversation with Kristina about how Amber's going to react to the news?  That's not Kristina's problem.  And way to tell Leah the baby is an accident.  God, I can't stand him.

And Tyler and Cate are in for a rude awakening.  Brandon and Theresa do not need to put themselves in Tyler and Cate's shoes because IT DOESN'T MATTER.  It's amazing to me that after all this time, Tyler and Cate still seem to think they wield some kind of power over seeing Carly.  No, it doesn't matter that she was born to MTV parents.  Brandon and Theresa are under no obligation to share her AT ALL.  They can absolutely hide that from her for the next 12 years. 

Looks like we get crazy ass Farrah next week!  Her face was downright frightening. 

• Love 7

So, just fuck protection. Fuck it right to Hell. Pretty much everyone is a teen parent. terrible decision already. So, let's just keep adding kids to the mix. With people we don't even have long standing relationships with or people like Tyler who shouldn't have any kids while he continues to show his immaturity. Idiots. A show filled with idiots.

Right. In the midst of this clusterfuck, you have those irritating ads MTV promotes for the young viewers who may have questions about sex and birth control. If that shit didn't help the people on this show, why the hell do you think it will work for the young viewers? How many of these idiots went on college campuses to push your agenda about using protection when they themselves couldn't bother to use it?

• Love 8

I'm so glad I took this crap off my DVR list! My daughter is 14, and while we've talked about the concept of this show she's never watched it. She was too young when they were actually teen moms, and now... I don't want her watching these people in their big houses and fancy cars still making the same stupid mistakes 5 years later. The only thing they've done to make them "famous" is fail to use protection, and I don't want her to get the idea that doing that will lead to "fame".

I used to think the message of this show was a good one, but that message seems to have gotten lost in the fame-whoring, attention-seeking, desperation we're seeing now.

• Love 5

In all fairness, sometimes a significant weight gain in a short period of time is related to water retention, especially in pregnancies.

This (although may not totally explain Cate's weight gain).  By month 4 of my pregnancy I started to have horrible water retention and had 3+ pitting edema.  Gained 30 lbs during pregnancy (I'm overweight to begin with), and within 10 days of having my baby I actually weighed 5 lbs LESS than I did pre-pregnancy.  It was nearly all water.

And I can't compare Gary to Catelynn.  No way.  Do they both lack self control when it comes to eating and seem to not be physically active?  Yup.  But Catelynn has crazy hormones and a growing life form in her, while Gary just looks like he ate a life form.  She should definitely slow down if she's eating as bad as it's alluded to on here, but at least she can walk 10 feet without huffing and puffing and doesn't have so much weight on her that it looks like she's literally suffocating on her own skin (looking at you, Gary).

• Love 5

In all fairness, sometimes a significant weight gain in a short period of time is related to water retention, especially in pregnancies. But yeah, in Cate's case, I would bet she's eating even worse than usual which is not ideal. A pregnant woman shouldn't be starving herself in order to stay thin, but she should be focused on making sure she's getting plenty of protein, iron, calcium, vitamins, etc, and staying hydrated. And I agree it is troubling that Cate thinks of happiness in terms of what she's allowed to eat. That said, I doubt Tyler's lecturing is going to be helpful to her.

I'd agree with the water retention suggestion, if it wasn't also highlighted that she'd already gained 20 lbs of the 30 lbs she was supposed to gain and she had months left to go.  Hasn't she only been pregnant for like 3 months?  20 lbs in 3 months?  Again, that's a lot.  And 20 lbs is not water retention.  Sorry.

The doctor showed concern at how rapidly she was putting on weight.  That tells me that while maybe the 3 lbs was water retention, she's put on too much weight already.

And again, Tyler's telling her it's an issue and the first thing out of her mouth is "I wanna be happy during my pregnancy!" That's not good.  Happiness does not equal food.

And I can't compare Gary to Catelynn.  No way.  Do they both lack self control when it comes to eating and seem to not be physically active?  Yup.  But Catelynn has crazy hormones and a growing life form in her, while Gary just looks like he ate a life form.  She should definitely slow down if she's eating as bad as it's alluded to on here, but at least she can walk 10 feet without huffing and puffing and doesn't have so much weight on her that it looks like she's literally suffocating on her own skin (looking at you, Gary).

Gary started somewhere with his weight gain as well.  It's clear he also eats his feelings.  

Catelynn's pregnancy is not an excuse.  Sorry.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 3

I don't like Tyler and I know people think he looks like a jerk for talking about Catelynn's weight, but it is a serious health issue for the baby. There are serious pregnancy complications that can be triggered by excessive weight gain and unhealthful nutrition.

It's a shame that their healthy eating plan has to be left up to Tyler googling it. Any decent OB/GYN should have provided Catelynn with that information and a full nutrition plan, or at least a referral for a pregnancy nutritionist, which should be covered by insurance if they have decent maternity coverage.

• Love 3