Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

She is in it for ATTENTION. (I'm capitalizing it because it's like her personality-- always over the top and on, but not in a good way, in a needy attention seeking way) "Look at me!! Look at me!!"

What's the problem with this? Aren't they all in it for the attention? And the paycheck?

I'm not giving Kyle a pass just because Kim is an addict. Kyle's a horrible person, Kim knows it, Kyle admitted it with her outburst - "I only try with you because I love your kids" - paraphrased because I can't recall exact words.

After seeing Kim on full display, Kyle gets a big ole pass from me. And I don't see how what she said makes her a horrible person. RumRaisin should be glad Kyle loves her children, I guess they would have been even more screwed if she didn't. Edited by What Fresh Hell
  • Love 19

Kyle's a horrible person, Kim knows it, Kyle admitted it with her outburst - "I only try with you because I love your kids" - paraphrased because I can't recall exact words.

I don't care for Kyle, but I don't see how this makes her a horrible person. This is actually a healthy expression. Something that she most likely should have admitted to herself and Kim long ago. The only way Kim will get better is to have people acknowledge that she is NOT someone they want to be around because of her addictions and her narcissistic behavior. Because otherwise, Kim won't ever look at her behavior and how it has affected others. 

• Love 15

I am glad Kyle mentioned she was not being invited to the wedding. If she hadn't, Kim and Brandi would have likely turned it into "See, Kyle couldn't bother to show up to her own niece's wedding!!"

Yes but we see Kim sitting there on the couch telling Kyle that she is not uninvited. That she does want her to see her kids.  So Kim may be a big ass liar who tells Brandi lies about what happened at the wedding (but it also could've been Kathy H who has an axe to grind with Kyle/Mauricio for the Agency), but Kyle is sitting there screaming at Kim that Kim is MEAN when Kim is telling her the exact opposite of what Kyle is claiming Kim is saying.  

Kyle isn't anymore reliable in this mess than Kim is.  She is twisting Kim's words in front of us, resorting to tears and screaming mean.  "I'm not telling you you're not invited, I'm not telling you not to see my kids."  "You're so mean!"  They are stuck in bullshit cycles.  And as noted above, Kim's kids are adults.  Kim has said that they will cut her off if she uses again.  I hope they will be able to maintain relationships that they treasure.

If Brandi can forgive Kim and be best friends with her after Dana/Pam's game night, and Kim can forgive Brandi for calling her a meth head that same night, why can't she understand how Kyle and LisaV can again be friends after having problems with each other?

This is an interesting thought because why can't it also apply to Lisa V and Brandi?  And I think this is the whole point of Brandi yelling out the "you must be selling a house" claim - that some pretty heinous things have been said between the two, yet they were forgiven.  I would equate that statement with the bankruptcy statement. Now of course Lisa V made that claim against Kyle, and Kyle is a lot more forgiving than Lisa V.  Had Kyle made that claim against Lisa V, she would've probably been cut off for good.  But thank goodness Brandi seems to finally have gotten through her head that Lisa V is over her by reading the latest blog.

I still think Andy asking Brandi "who to fire" was a loaded question only to land Brandi in hot water.  Besides Kim, Brandi's behavior drew a lot of criticism.  I think Lisa R was pretty bad too.  But anyone she picked (and picking Eileen! lol) was certainly going to bring criticism back to Brandi.  "How dare you pick me?! After the way YOU behaved?" lol.  

Meanwhile, I have no doubt Brandi was picking glass off of her shirt - it may not have been much though.  People may hate her, but smash a glass in someone's direction like Lisa R did and see what happens.  Hatred of Brandi can't defy the law of physics.  I bet Lisa R and Eileen were picking some off their clothes too.  They just didn't write about it in their blogs because they were protecting Lisa R.  

I wish that when Brandi brought up that LisaV and Kyle had managed to patch things up and wanted to know why, LisaV had looked Brandi in the face and said, "Because I like her and I don't like you."  I mean, that's the simplest answer.  Kyle and LisaV like each other and neither of them like Brandi.  No one owes you their friendship.  No one has to like you.  We all have people who don't like us, for whatever reason.  Adults realize that and while it might hurt, move on.  Get over it, Brandi.  These women don't like you and they don't have to.  LisaV doesn't owe you an explanation.

I think that's it in a nutshell.  When she was at odds with Kyle they still missed each other and Vanderpump has discovered while being at odds with Brandi that she just hasn't missed her.

• Love 7

Yes but we see Kim sitting there on the couch telling Kyle that she is not uninvited. That she does want her to see her kids.  So Kim may be a big ass liar who tells Brandi lies about what happened at the wedding (but it also could've been Kathy H who has an axe to grind with Kyle/Mauricio for the Agency), but Kyle is sitting there screaming at Kim that Kim is MEAN when Kim is telling her the exact opposite of what Kyle is claiming Kim is saying.  

Kyle isn't anymore reliable in this mess than Kim is.  She is twisting Kim's words in front of us, resorting to tears and screaming mean.  "I'm not telling you you're not invited, I'm not telling you not to see my kids."  "You're so mean!"  They are stuck in bullshit cycles.  And as noted above, Kim's kids are adults.  Kim has said that they will cut her off if she uses again.  I hope they will be able to maintain relationships that they treasure.

This is an interesting thought because why can't it also apply to Lisa V and Brandi?  And I think this is the whole point of Brandi yelling out the "you must be selling a house" claim - that some pretty heinous things have been said between the two, yet they were forgiven.  I would equate that statement with the bankruptcy statement. Now of course Lisa V made that claim against Kyle, and Kyle is a lot more forgiving than Lisa V.  Had Kyle made that claim against Lisa V, she would've probably been cut off for good.  But thank goodness Brandi seems to finally have gotten through her head that Lisa V is over her by reading the latest blog.

I still think Andy asking Brandi "who to fire" was a loaded question only to land Brandi in hot water.  Besides Kim, Brandi's behavior drew a lot of criticism.  I think Lisa R was pretty bad too.  But anyone she picked (and picking Eileen! lol) was certainly going to bring criticism back to Brandi.  "How dare you pick me?! After the way YOU behaved?" lol.  

Meanwhile, I have no doubt Brandi was picking glass off of her shirt - it may not have been much though.  People may hate her, but smash a glass in someone's direction like Lisa R did and see what happens.  Hatred of Brandi can't defy the law of physics.  I bet Lisa R and Eileen were picking some off their clothes too.  They just didn't write about it in their blogs because they were protecting Lisa R.  

Kim in her own way made reference to an upcoming event and it was fairly obvious for Kyle's reaction and her blog that Kim had put out there dis-inviting Kyle to the wedding.  Kim denying it after bringing it up is just who Kim is.  I don't think it matters either way because they are bigger forces involved in deciding who gets an invite or a disinvite to a wedding.  I would say the bride and groom and the groom's parents would have a say and it would seem kind of weird to pull the flower girl over some dispute.  Kyle was saying she tolerated Kim's meaness (not a real word) towards her because she loved Kim's kids and wanted them to be in each others' lives. 

Here is the thing-there may be a tone of back biting between these women.  Repeatedly, Brandi is the one that repeats gossipy items or makes accusations on camera, in print or on her Podcast about another.  So even if Kyle or Lisa made comments about the other -they kept it off the air.  Those comments that made their way on the air have been discussed on air, debated on air and defended on air and in the case of Lisa a heartfelt apology was made on air about the Mauricio commission comments and top a lesser extent the comment in front of Portia.

I do think Kyle's prediction about Brandi turning on Kim came true-Brandi was bound and determined to use her relationship with Kim to hurt Kyle.  Now it is the unforgivable wedding conduct:  http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-kyle-richards-responds-to-brandis-claims-she-did-something-unforgivable-at-kims-daughters-wedding/

All I can say I what the hell is wrong with Brandi.  I smell what Brandi's next book is about.   A series of unsubstantiated back biting comments she will assert the others made about each other.  Trust me it is in the works.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8

Kim in her own way made reference to an upcoming event and it was fairly obvious for Kyle's reaction and her blog that Kim had put out there dis-inviting Kyle to the wedding.  Kim denying it after bringing it up is just who Kim is.

Kim didn't really deny it.  She did not say, you're not disinvited.  She said, I don't want to not invite you.  So to translate nasty addict speak, I didn't want to disinvite you but you made me do it.  Watch that exchange again.  It would have been over in a second if Kim had said, you're a liar, you were never disinvited to the wedding.

• Love 22

I am watching Bravo right now and there are playing the season 2 reunion with the interview to Kim

I had forgotten about this little pearl, Kim is so sedated she can barely talk, or she is not drunk but high as a kite.

Even when she is "sober" she is still in denial and tries to find excuses for her behavior. Yet in the ist of all that it is a different Kim.

According to Kyle when Kim is using she gets mad at her , then Kim gets mad at Kyle for being angry at her. Kyle mentioned that when she sees her sister under the influence her anxiety increases and she gets an angry reaction that she can't control which in return makes Kim mad at her.

If that is not a repeat of what we have seen on poker night then I don't know what it is.

• Love 15

Season 3 reunion is on.

Brandi lying through her teeth about the lawsuit during the whole season is infuriating.

Brandi is still lying and being protected by Andy, the whole season evolved around this huge lie yet Andy asked only one question and it was over. Adrienne was the one telling the truth all along when she said that Brandi was not being sued, heck she never even received a C&D letter yet this liar talks about lawyer fees in the 20k range.

Brandi is the worst kind of liar, she lies to your face without blinking an eye which makes her somehow believable, I am so happy that the mask has finally slipped this season and everybody can see the ugly person who hides inside of that once beautiful facade.

• Love 13

Kyle is about 238756028347568 times more reliable than Kim in every way. Kim can't be trusted to recount anything and this reunion--hell, this entire season has been proof of that. We almost always get a garbled version of events when Kim is telling the story. Whether it's Kim lying about the house in Palm Springs, incorrectly remembering what happened at Poker Night, not recalling what she said in Amsterdam, not hearing any of Brandi's disgusting comments towards Kyle, not remembering how she herself has defined a relapse on the show, not remembering what day it is, etc. To me there's no contest here when it comes to which sister is more reliable when it comes to giving their side of the story.

Kim knows damn well that she's being a horrible sister and now she wants to deny it. She is truly the Original Worst when it comes to this franchise. 

If there had been glass on Brandi in Amsterdam there is no freaking way IMO that she wouldn't have said something about it on camera. Producers would have wanted to capture that and Brandi would have wanted them to. She would have been all 'look, look at all the glass on me!' I think it wasn't something that occurred to her until slightly later. If anyone would have had glass on them it would have been Eileen--LisaR smashed the glass right by her but Kim and Brandi are the only ones who are claiming that they were hit with glass. Even if Eileen wanted to protect LisaR by not saying anything about it the cameras still could have shown her brushing the glass off. LisaR was 100% wrong for breaking the glass but Kim and Brandi want to put extras on the situation to deflect from their own heinous behavior.

I also think it says a lot about Kim and her nastiness when she points out how they other women were crying over how horrible the Amsterdam situation is as though they were being silly for doing that or didn't have the right.

As far as Brandi supposedly getting a loaded question--she didn't have to answer it the way that she did. She could have said that she didn't think that anyone should be fired but she was perfectly happy to get in a dig about Eileen who has done nothing to earn Brandi's wrath. 

Brandi has been a lot more offensive overall to LisaV IMO. There are no benefits to a friendship with Brandi and this is something that both Lisa and Kyle have come to realize. Nothing good will come out of letting Brandi back into the circle again. I don't think it's all that complicated why LisaV has no interest in being friends with Brandi anymore. There's simply no reason for it. Brandi is a horrible person on pretty much every level and she's shown LisaV that over and over again this season even while trying to get back in her good graces. Brandi was basically trying to be on her best behavior this season and she was still heinous and hateful. I can see why LisaV has no interest in going there again.   

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 14

Season 3 reunion is on.

Brandi lying through her teeth about the lawsuit during the whole season is infuriating.

Brandi is still lying and being protected by Andy, the whole season evolved around this huge lie yet Andy asked only one question and it was over. Adrienne was the one telling the truth all along when she said that Brandi was not being sued, heck she never even received a C&D letter yet this liar talks about lawyer fees in the 20k range.

Brandi is the worst kind of liar, she lies to your face without blinking an eye which makes her somehow believable, I am so happy that the mask has finally slipped this season and everybody can see the ugly person who hides inside of that once beautiful facade.

Brandi seems sociopathic - anyone here have experience with sociopaths?

In the 2013 reunion on now (after Paris) it's so clear how Brandi manipulated Kim into doubting Kyle - saying Kyle wants Kim to fail. Pure evil.

• Love 9

I am in California and behind the reruns-Brandi claiming Lisa NEVER talks behind anyone's back. (Season 2)  Now it is Lisa V talks about everyone's back.(Seasons 4&5).  Brandi sure goes after Kyle a lot.  The ridiculousness of Kyle having knowledge of Brandi's crutches being hidden.  Just how did Brandi lose track of them? 

Brandi really started the war to end all wars by repeating something Adrienne's  business attorney Adrienne said about Lisa V?  Brandi has just always been a shit stirrer on this show.  The whole Adrienne Lisa war would have never been started had Brandi not butted in.  Just sad.

• Love 5

This is an interesting thought because why can't it also apply to Lisa V and Brandi?  And I think this is the whole point of Brandi yelling out the "you must be selling a house" claim - that some pretty heinous things have been said between the two, yet they were forgiven.

I think it is very obvious. Lisa was able to forgive Kyle because she actually missed Kyle. When Lisa cut Brandi off, she realized that while she may have had fun with her, she simply didn't miss her enough to make it worth having her back in her life. 

• Love 8
Just wanted to add that if my sister sat and listened to her "bff" say multiple times that she wanted to knock my teeth out and my sister said and did nothing, I'd never look at her again.

I have actually dealt with two very similar (but not identical) situations with my own sister, one having to do with a "frenemy" of hers whom she didn't want to get into it with on FB (the with my ex longterm BF). So she sort of enlisted me--and guess who was the jerk afterward? 

• Love 1

I don't care for Kyle, but I don't see how this makes her a horrible person. This is actually a healthy expression. Something that she most likely should have admitted to herself and Kim long ago. The only way Kim will get better is to have people acknowledge that she is NOT someone they want to be around because of her addictions and her narcissistic behavior. Because otherwise, Kim won't ever look at her behavior and how it has affected others. 

Makes me wonder if and/or how often and how much Kyle may have had to full-on take care of Kim's kids over the years.

• Love 9

Kimmy is really fucked up.  I don't care what Kyle did or didn't do, Kim is just vile.

I'm sure Kyle didn't do anything at the wedding just like there is no smoking gun revolving around Harry.  It's just more self medication by Kim and deflect, deflect, deflect ...  "Don't talk about me let's make shite up about you ..."  Deflect, deflect, deflect.  It just goes on, and on, and on.  Doesn't it Kim?

• Love 8

If there had been glass on Brandi in Amsterdam there is no freaking way IMO that she wouldn't have said something about it on camera. Producers would have wanted to capture that and Brandi would have wanted them to. She would have been all 'look, look at all the glass on me!' I think it wasn't something that occurred to her until slightly later. If anyone would have had glass on them it would have been Eileen--LisaR smashed the glass right by her but Kim and Brandi are the only ones who are claiming that they were hit with glass. Even if Eileen wanted to protect LisaR by not saying anything about it the cameras still could have shown her brushing the glass off. LisaR was 100% wrong for breaking the glass but Kim and Brandi want to put extras on the situation to deflect from their own heinous behavior.

I don't plan to watch next season, but I hope Evolution's insurance company demands that during filming, all beverages be consumed from red Solo cups.

"Don't go near my husband!!"  >SPLASH! thunka-ploppa-thunka<

• Love 9

I've been tuning in off and on throughout the day and they showed a clip of Kim in Hawaii saying to Kyle " stop talking about me and worry about your own family" wow I guess that's been her go to phrase for awhile.

Eta during Andys interview with the sister after Kims rehab Kim is irritated at Kyle and says "you seem to think my children are your children"

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 11

Can Eileen host the reunions from now on? That was master class in shutting down BG and her awful behavior. I swear, she outed and shut down BG every chance she got.

Too bad Andy was too busy coddling the tampon trick to call her to the carpet on her viciousness. What an ass he is.

So BG is mad that Rinna brought her kids into it? What about Adrienne's kids from the surrogacy she outed? What about Kyle's kids? If I was Farrah and heard that ho threatening to knock my mom's teeth out, she'd be in a hospital. How bout Kim's kids? She's enabling their mom to be an addict. It's sick.

And I clearly remember Eileen saying that BG's need to talk about the beginning of her and Vince's relationship necessitated awful conversations with her kids. So fuck you, BG.

She does have a double standard like I've never seen in my life ::Rinna dance::

Amen, sister.  The more I see of Eileen, the more I love her and want to be like her. 

She doesn't let Brandi or Kim slide on anything and that right there justifies a national holiday IMO.

Andy SUCKS as a reunion host.  My dog could do a better job.

Let's see what The Tampon (Ha!) has said about bff RumRaisin's little sister.

-- Tampon would like to knock Kyle's teeth out/kick her ass.

-- Kyle's a bad sister who is never there for RumRaisin and wants to see her fail/die.

-- Kyle's husband doesn't want her sexually and is cheating on her. 

-- Kyle is a c--- and a bully.

-- Other things that I'm forgetting.

In RumRaisin's defense though, she didn't hear Tampon say any of those things.  

The Tampon also called out Kyle for being a pothead although won't say shit to Kim about her 100% goddamn prescription drug abuse. 

• Love 14

I do think Kyle's prediction about Brandi turning on Kim came true-Brandi was bound and determined to use her relationship with Kim to hurt Kyle. Now it is the unforgivable wedding conduct: http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-kyle-richards-responds-to-brandis-claims-she-did-something-unforgivable-at-kims-daughters-wedding/

All I can say I what the hell is wrong with Brandi. I smell what Brandi's next book is about. A series of unsubstantiated back biting comments she will assert the others made about each other. Trust me it is in the works.

I think in this whole messed up reunion the real beauty is that Bravo soundly shut down now and forever both Kim and BG by revealing their many lies. Doesn't really matter how many family secrets Kim spilled to that Blowfish, we saw with our own eyes that her memory is shit, her recall is faulty. Anything she told to BG is not to be believed and really just a joke. It's already working as most are just laughing at the Blowfish's assertions that Kyle did something "unspeakable" at her niece's wedding. I don't know Andy's motivation for lobbing softballs at BG, but it's clear the story Bravo wanted to tell whether Andy approved or not.

Bravo to Bravo ( for now )

Edited by What Fresh Hell
  • Love 6

Just wanted to add that if my sister sat and listened to her "bff" say multiple times that she wanted to knock my teeth out and my sister said and did nothing, I'd never look at her again.

Shouldn't be surprised since she allowed BG to make gross insinuations about Mauricio, all the while crying about how Kyle wouldn't defend her.

Practice what you preach, Kim. I hope Kyle has woken up and has let her go for good. I amazed at her total ability to disregard reality.

ITA

Interesting, as I'm reminded of Kim & Brandi's behavior watching repeats of the RHOBH reunions...

We saw Kim & Brandi gravitate towards each other last season. It was Lisa VP's turn on the hot seat and notice how Kim was in Kyles ear when accusations were made about the magazines from Brandi? Those 2 were in cahoots starting half way thru last season when Yo & Brandi & eventually Kim teamed up together and used magazine gate and Lisa's comment about selling a house to drive a wedge between Kyle & LisaVP.

Kyle's finally seeing the truth with Kim now that she's BFFs with Brandi, and Eileen & Rinna called her & Brandi out on their manufactured drama. Kyle has seen bits & pieces, but now that Kim has crossed the line with Eileen, LisaR, and Kingsley biting Alexia, Kyle has figured out that Kim was also stirring the pot last season.

Brandi has been a "peach" since day one. Some of the ladies have seen her softer side, but she's too self centered, like Kim, to get out of her own way. Let's not forget, Brandi was also awful to others, Taylor, Joyce and her family. It wasn't just her dad, Brandi has issues with her brother & sister. Bottom line, the problems are centered with Brandi & Kim, two of a kind.

• Love 9

I've been tuning in off and on throughout the day and they showed a clip of Kim in Hawaii saying to Kyle " stop talking about me and worry about your own family" wow I guess that's been her go to phrase for awhile.

Eta during Andys interview with the sister after Kims rehab Kim is irritated at Kyle and says "you seem to think my children are your children"

Yeah, and Kim's "go to" phrase is starting to get tiresome and grate.  I, for one, do not want to hear it.  The reason why Kim says to Kyle "You seem to think my children are your children" is because Kim's been a selfish, poly-addicted  POS for so many years that Kyle most likely had to step in and parent for  Kim (a.k.a. Rum Raisin).  I suspect Kim was incapable of mothering and parenting her own children for several years and Kim's kids probably wound up contacting Kyle on the regular to step in more times than Kim would ever allow herself to remember.  I'm sure Kim has huge guilt over this and is now making Kyle pay for it emotionally.

No wonder Kim refuses to read anything about herself on social media.  If Kim doesn't see what the viewing public is blatantly calling her out on then it doesn't exist.  Part of sobriety for the past 3 years means taking ownership of your messiness and your own emotional "stuff".  That is one of the cornerstones of true sobriety.  Just sayin'.  If Kim ever did read the various forums/message boards, becoming aware and/or enlightened for about half a second she would literally implode.  Break off into the stratosphere.  Kim would full-on relapse.  Monty's fault.  Bravo and TPTB need to take Kim off this franchise STAT.  Kim does not belong on reality TV with her sister and the toxic, complicated, dysfunctional relationship they have.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 10

Kim didn't really deny it.  She did not say, you're not disinvited.  She said, I don't want to not invite you.  So to translate nasty addict speak, I didn't want to disinvite you but you made me do it.  Watch that exchange again.  It would have been over in a second if Kim had said, you're a liar, you were never disinvited to the wedding.

Precisely.

As I've said before, these women are 100% goddamned professionals with their use of semantics.

Ridiculous as it sounds, one really does indeed have to dissect their words to get what they're really saying.

It covers their ass in the event they're caught lying, they can say "I never said that!"

Kind of like Brandi and that whole "intervention" discussion.

"I never said intervention!"

When in fact she did everything but call it an intervention.

These women are exhausting.

• Love 14

Oh yeah, Kim is a broken record when it comes to this crap. It's such bullshit that she thinks that people don't have anything to talk about other than her. It's like, lady, when they're forced to deal with your bullshit it's only natural that they're going to want to talk about it if they're being negatively effected by it. Kim was an ass in Hawaii and was completely rude and disrespectful to everyone on the trip but in her silly and twisted mind the people who call her out suddenly aren't concerned enough about their own lives and only have her to talk about. Nonsense. 

Precisely.

As I've said before, these women are 100% goddamned professionals with their use of semantics.

Ridiculous as it sounds, one really does indeed have to dissect their words to get what they're really saying.

It covers their ass in the event they're caught lying, they can say "I never said that!"

Kind of like Brandi and that whole "intervention" discussion.

"I never said intervention!"

When in fact she did everything but call it an intervention.

These women are exhausting.

Lol, and Brandi *did* say the word intervention she just put the word "group" in front of it. It pisses me off no end that they didn't show that entire conversation. It makes no sense why Andy wouldn't ask Kim how she feels about Brandi saying that she'd fallen off the wagon, that she talked to multiple people about it (as LisaR did), that Brandi's brain is telling her that Kim "needs help", that they should do a group intervention so that Kim isn't mad at any one particular person, etc.

How does he not think any of the above is relevant to the season when they spent x amount of episodes dealing with it? 

Or how about Brandi first saying that she doesn't start shit only to admit mere seconds later that she has done a bunch of horrible stuff without being provoked? 

I wish that Andy was taking more flack on social media. That would probably be the only thing to get through to him. 

• Love 8

The sad thing about that is Kyle was paying Kim a compliment and trying to portray her in a positive light as a loving aunt.  After Paris they had the scene at Kyle's store and sober Kim walks over to Portia and Portia looks like she doesn't know who Kim is.  Kyle needs to knock off the we are all their for each other children.  Kim won't commit to it so she should not make that assertion on Kim's behalf.

• Love 3

Oh yeah, Kim is a broken record when it comes to this crap. It's such bullshit that she thinks that people don't have anything to talk about other than her. It's like, lady, when they're forced to deal with your bullshit it's only natural that they're going to want to talk about it if they're being negatively effected by it. Kim was an ass in Hawaii and was completely rude and disrespectful to everyone on the trip but in her silly and twisted mind the people who call her out suddenly aren't concerned enough about their own lives and only have her to talk about. Nonsense. 

Lol, and Brandi *did* say the word intervention she just put the word "group" in front of it. It pisses me off no end that they didn't show that entire conversation. It makes no sense why Andy wouldn't ask Kim how she feels about Brandi saying that she'd fallen off the wagon, that she talked to multiple people about it (as LisaR did), that Brandi's brain is telling her that Kim "needs help", that they should do a group intervention so that Kim isn't mad at any one particular person, etc.

How does he not think any of the above is relevant to the season when they spent x amount of episodes dealing with it? 

Or how about Brandi first saying that she doesn't start shit only to admit mere seconds later that she has done a bunch of horrible stuff without being provoked? 

I wish that Andy was taking more flack on social media. That would probably be the only thing to get through to him. 

And what really mystifies me, Avaleigh, is these women (particularly Brandi and Kim) don't even seem that bright, yet they have this ability to think on their feet and craft their words in such a specific self-serving manner that I find their ability to do so almost downright frightening.

Add in the questionable mental instability of Kim and her ability to rewrite history and it's even more alarming.

For example, here's how I envision the entire Kim/Monty/Pain Pill Debacle unfolding at Casa Kimmie:

"I did not 'steal' anything, Monty. I just took a couple of your pills. It's not like they were locked up and I had to 'steal' them. You had the bottle just sitting on the counter. It's not my fault you didn't hide your pills. It's your fault I relapsed. YOU STOLE MY GODDAMNED SOBRIETY!!!

I can't wait to see what the 3rd installment brings. 

If Lisa VP is indicating it's the most dramatic episode yet, I'm going to believe her.  I don't think she would throw that out there just to try to boost ratings.

I'm hoping that Andy is going to do some major retooling after this season, much as he did after the season 4 RHONYC season and debacle of a reunion where those women were so painfully obviously split beyond repair.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

I never talk about LVP - S3.

But S4 she spoke to Joyce behind LVP's back.

...and boy did Joyce pay the price for not getting with the program, as conceived by Brandi & Yo. I would like to see a repeat of each season without Brandi and see how different the feel would be without the evil B.

• Love 7

Everything's been said about Kim, so I won't repeat it. 

I think it was pretty stupid of Eileen to blame Brandi about outing her affair.  I've known about it for years, and I've never watched either of her soaps.  It's no secret, and I find her blaming Brandi for it as stupid as Kim blaming others for ruining her reputation.  And I was embarrassed for Eileen when she said her husband said she's not a home wrecker, she's a home maker!  Of course Vince is going to excuse away adultery and how much it hurts the spouse left behind - he did the same thing to his wife and kids!

Anyway, I haven't posted or criticized Eileen for it before, and I probably wouldn't have now, but the victim act irritated me.  If everyone should be accountable for their actions, that includes Eileen.  Own it.

I think Lisa R. was a little over the top saying Brandi was going after her kids by joking that Lisa did porn.  There are so many (and better) reasons to go after Brandi, why waste time with this petty stuff?

I'm irritated that Eileen and Lisa R. have made me look like a Brandi apologist.  I'm not.  I haven't liked Brandi from day one, and unlike many, I never once fell for her act.

Is this the first season Lisa hasn't gotten one of the two prime seats (next to Andy)?  I think the seating implies that Brandi is coming back next season.

And I forgot to mention this last week - Eileen's hair looked great all season, what the hell did she do to it for the reunion?   And conversely, Brandi's ratty hair actually looks good, although I don't care for the color.

I didn't think Eileen was blaming Brandi for outing the affair, but angry because Eileen and Vince had probably explained to their children how mommy and daddy came to love each other and that was blown to bits by Brandi bringing it up in a hateful way so it could make it into the tabloids again in a different context. I never knew Eileen and Vince were married, or that they left their spouses for each other, but I was watching Y&R over 30 years ago and my mother still watches it. I had no plans to ever go online to research how Eileen and Vince met. I'm not condoning how they met, but they went through what they went through and have settled into a happy life, with Vince's wife accepting Eileen as a loving stepmother. Now they have to go through it again. Eileen has a right to be pissed off, especially since Brandi is always playing a victim.

• Love 12

Kim has beaten the shit out this comment for 5 seasons. 'Focus on your own shit and act like Im not high or drunk.' is what she means.

• Love 13

Kim has beaten the shit out this comment for 5 seasons. 'Focus on your own shit and act like Im not high or drunk.' is what she means.

Exactly - they aren't supposed to go off script; don't they realize they're only playing a supporting role in her story?!

• Love 4

I hope that in the last episode of the reunion or the first episode next year, somebody asks Kim politely “Just so we know, next time we’re in a room together and you’re completely fucked up, what’s the best way for us to handle that?”

Maybe Kyle’s wedding present was wrapped in the bloodied bandages of her daughter’s dog bite wounds?  Or was that pre-bite?

I actually have a reasonable expectation that Kim's kids won't dump Aunt Kyle no matter what the pressure from Kim.  Kim seems to have a reasonable expectation that she will face serious consequences from her children if she relapses.  So I think they probably made their positions clear when she was in treatment, and they're old enough now (not pre teens or whatever they were the last time she was in treatment) to follow through with whatever they said.  The scene where she was trying to work the guilt on her daughter who was going to college in Texas (?) ?  The daughter had heard it all before and wasn't the least bit moved by her.  She was just moving the conversation along, brushing off Kim's attempts at emotional blackmail.  

• Love 4

I mean Bravo really shaded Kim and Brandi this morning with these reunions airing all day.

S3vsS5 reunions holy shit you can tell the complexion and dynamics had changed big time!

Then it seems like every season Kim's substance abuse issues have a different spin every year. My favorite was last season and she claimed the show has saved her life. What loads bs! Then told LVP "I would whether be judged on being drunk at the table than being judged praying next a trashcan."

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6

The only way Kim will get better is to have people acknowledge that she is NOT someone they want to be around because of her addictions and her narcissistic behavior. Because otherwise, Kim won't ever look at her behavior and how it has affected others. 

This! And, it may explain why the bitch has no friends other than Brandi. Who wants to be around that mess other than Brandi and Kyle? At least with Kyle we get the reason - they are sisters. Not at all unusual to see family members go through hell with their addicted family members. Other people don't have to tolerate that mess, not even her co-stars. If they say shit to Kim, so be it. That is the consequences for her behavior. An unruly child wouldn't be ignored, why should Kim?

Exactly. Someone here, I think, BlackMamba, posted the transcript of that conversation here a couple pages back. When Kyle mentioned not being invited to the wedding, Kim stammered and then said the above. I commented on that by posting that it was "addict speak". For Kim, Kyle needs to be on her best behavior with Kim or else. Typical addict move. It is that shady bullshit called manipulation. Whenever Kyle does or says something that Kim perceives is any kind of slight or shade being thrown by Kyle, she will lower the boom and lay out whatever passive-aggressive shit Kim has in her tool box of manipulations. It is holding Kyle as an emotional hostage by using those kids to stick a dagger into Kyle. Those poor kids don't have it easier. I am sure they will get the wrath of Mother Richards if they dare to talk to Kyle after Mommy Richards has told them not to. It is Mommy Dearest all over again.

Mind you, there have been many times where Kyle was actually giving Kim a compliment or was saying something positive to/about Kim, but Kim's warped mind took it and twisted it and suddenly Kyle is this bitch who just dissed her sister. That shit is fucking exhausting.

Another thing that Kim does is, if she is not the focus of the attention, her pickled head will burst.  Remember when Kyle was talking to a male friend about how Brandi had screwed over someone. Suddenly, there was Kim saying out loud, "WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT WHAT SHE DID TO MEEEEEEEE????  Kyle couldn't even have a conversation with someone without Kim putting herself into that convo. It had to be what Kim Richards endured!!!  Fuck! Excuse me for my language, but damn. Having dealt with addicts myself, and knowing others here have personally dealt with addicts, I can speak for others when I comment that it is one of the most mentally exhausting things one can go through in life. I have never asked for a pass for my behavior and frankly, I don't need one.

Not ridiculous.

ITA. I am sorry for what you had to endure CaughtOnTape.

I think it is actually rude to imply that Kyle doesn't or shouldn't have any emotions or feelings towards her nieces and nephews. Who thinks that way? I have a very close relationship with my own nieces and nephews to the point that I do feel and treat them like my own children. With what Kyle has had to deal with in tending to her sister's kids because Kim was so fucked up for 20 years (Kim's words!), who do you think was there for the children?

Going back to that comment about the "crux of Kim and Kyle's relationship" being that they hate each other. It is not far-fetched for those dealing with addicts to have anger and resentment towards the addict. What world do we live in? Of course those feelings will arise in these situations where addiction is affecting a family member.

As a matter of fact, when Kyle and Kim sat together with Andy as they talked about Kim's recovery during season 3, I believe, Kyle made the statement that it was her anger towards Kim because of her addiction and behavior that Kim would then be angry at Kyle. Kim nodded in agreement. She never once denied it nor did she say anything to oppose what Kyle had stated. It had nothing to do with hating each other for years on end as Kyle went on to say they had a great relationship growing up and all was fine until Kim hit the bottle. Again, Kim did not disagree.  Therefore, the anger and resentment over the 20 years that Kim was an addict is what caused the friction and was (still is) the crux of this co-dependent relationship.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I agree with a lot of what's been said but the Kyle and Kim thing I'm just not buying as everyone has determined it to be. I see it differently. Neither one of them is a fav and i'm very tired of the entire Hilton family. They're both awful, they both manipulate, they both lie, and they're both mean people. I'm not giving Kyle a pass just because Kim is an addict. Kyle's a horrible person, Kim knows it, Kyle admitted it with her outburst - "I only try with you because I love your kids" - paraphrased because I can't recall exact words. So right there, 5 years on, we finally get the crux of Kyle and Kim. They don't like each other, they don't care about each others..well, I think Kim did care about Kyle but not much anymore, and Kim was onto Kyle and finally Kyle admitted it. There. Now we're done.

I agree, Kyle doesn't get to be a saint because Kim's a sinner. Kyle runs away when Kim stirs it up with others but is still incredibly confrontational and aggressive with Kim one on one. She was the one to turn things up with Kim in Palm Springs, the reunion, and with Brandi at the post-poker party party. She (buzzword alert) DEFLECTS from her own possible misinformation when Kim reassures her she is not being excluded from the wedding by sobbing and calling Kim mean, putting the victim hat back on her head. I wouldn't say she's horrible, but she's not innocent.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

...and boy did Joyce pay the price for not getting with the program, as conceived by Brandi & Yo. I would like to see a repeat of each season without Brandi and see how different the feel would be without the evil B.

I was so frustrated during that scene when Joyce was making an attempt to convey to Lisa what had transpired during that situation.

I think most of the audience figured out what Joyce was trying to convey, and the crux of it wasn't the hair touching incident, it was the ensuing phone calls that Joyce was trying to warn her about but her message was lost in translation.

I often wondered how different that season might have gone had Joyce clearly and concisely communicated her actual point to Lisa instead of it devolving into a convoluted mess.

It was easy to see why Lisa was confused and thought Joyce was just perseverating over the hair touching rather than what followed.

Poor Joyce.  She really never had a chance against these women.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

Kyle is so used to not being heard, so used to deflection, lies and so many other assorted crazymaking tactics that she has learned to say "This is my truth" - a sign that she has been working on understanding the toxic dynamics, and ways to cope. Good for her!

• Love 11

Kyle is so used to not being heard, so used to deflection, lies and so many other assorted crazymaking tactics that she has learned to say "This is my truth" - a sign that she has been working on understanding the toxic dynamics, and ways to cope. Good for her!

You're right - maybe she has finally gone to Al-Anon or received counseling of some sort. She's talking the talk!

• Love 12

This is an interesting thought because why can't it also apply to Lisa V and Brandi?  And I think this is the whole point of Brandi yelling out the "you must be selling a house" claim - that some pretty heinous things have been said between the two, yet they were forgiven.

Yes, Kyle and Lisa have said some terrible things about each other. However, both seemed to have apologized, agreed to move on and haven't continued to be complete assholes to each other.

Brandi never really took responsibility for her actions toward Lisa in season 4, and as Eileen said, she continued to be an asshole after her "apology". That's what she does, apologize for her bad behavior, yet continue being horrible.  Why the heck would LVP ever trust her.

I also believe that the digs Lisa and Kyle made toward each other were more about hurt feelings. Lisa shouldn't have said what she did about Mauricio, but I think her anger and the hurt she felt caused her to lash out and I do think she felt that way when she said it.  Kyle, too, said a lot of awful things about Lisa out of hurt and anger. The things they said about each other were about how they were feeling, but they never actually made up lies about one another.

Brandi has flat out lied about LVP (yes, I believe the stupid tabloid crap was a load of shit, just like everything else out of Brandi's mouth), when she felt hurt.  Had she simply stopped at her issues regarding Scheanna, LVP may have been able to move past it. But, nope, Brandi had to take it to another level, with tabloid-gate, bankruptcy, foreclosures, and "living in the valley"(WTF? Really?) If she wanted to really make up with Lisa, she wouldn't be accusing her of sleeping with half of LA, cheating on Ken with her trainer, and slapping her.  

I don't think that Kyle and Lisa made up overnight. I believe they agreed to a cease fire for the show.  Now, I believe they really are close but it took a while to get there.  I just find it silly to compare Lisa making up with Kyle versus Lisa making up with Brandi.  

raging fuckstick.

Caughtontape-I am going to figure out a way to use this phrase everyday.  It is made of win!

• Love 18