Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Afterlife

• Start Topic

Ahh, I knew Fitz and Simmons were conspiring, but that was great!  And Mike Peterson!

The felt like a lot of setup, but it was fun setup.  I'm curious about when Cal found out his wife was alive...was he the one that stitched her back together?

• Love 4

Darn, I was hoping Mack slipped something to Fitz, as a going away gift or something.  What?  I don't want them to be enemies, and yeah I buy it when Mack says he still considers Fitz a friend.  Hell, he could have seen the box in Fitz's backpack and not said anything to EJO, but let it be known to Fitz.

Wasn't expecting Deathlok, but then again I didn't pay attention to the credits.  I was expecting May to show up with the "SHIELD" team and wipe the floor with everyone.

• Love 2

Interesting episode.  I really don't know how I feel about Skye's mom (if that really is Skye's mom, she has a weird vibe) being alive.  I guess we could fanwank somehow surviving her organs and bodily fluids being harvested by Whitehall since we know she doesn't age normally a la Wolverine so maybe she has some fancy regenerative powers, but Marvel really needs to end their bad habit of never letting anyone really die (save Tripp I guess?  though who knows).  Gordon came off as pretty sketchy in this episode.  I'm wondering what he meant when he told Cal that Cal had sealed Skye's fate.

Really happy that Jemma was subverting New SHIELD all along.  Jemma, along with May, has been my favorite character since the pilot and I was getting pretty sick of the predictions that she'd be the first to turn on Coulson and join New SHIELD.  I'm relieved my faith in her character wasn't misplaced!

• Love 8
(edited)

Wasn't expecting Deathlok, but then again I didn't pay attention to the credits.  I was expecting May to show up with the "SHIELD" team and wipe the floor with everyone.

You would have thought that Coulson would have hooked Mike up with some money to get the plastic surgery and fix the scars on his head, especially if he's been doing covert surveillance ops for Coulson.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Awwwww . . . Simmons still cares! Also, Skye is a special snowflake . . . but then again, aren't we all?

Good episode. Didn't see Deathlok coming. Come to think of it, neither did Hunter. Also liked Cal bringing the crazy. "Afterlife" is a nice place to visit, but I'm willing to bet the really cool Inhumans are being saved for the movies. Not like we're gonna get Lockjaw anytime soon. Also, we'll be losing Raina to the Preacher series. At least Ruth Negga (sic?) won't need a ton of SFX makeup for her new role.

• Love 4

I called Skye's mom being alive. I'm guessing she got regenerative powers. Cal probably stitched her body back together.

I figured Adama was racist against powered people. Bobbi looks like she'll be turning back to coulson's side soon.

Jemma's gotten good at subterfuge hadn't she. She fooled Bobbi and now all of shield 2.0. Good for her and it was nice to to see her and Fitz working together again.

• Love 3

Kind of lackluster?  The only scene with any real juice for me was Raina's monologue about her transformation -- Ruth Negga is a KILLER actress.  Second high point was the surprise (for me) reappearance of Mike.  Hell yeah!  The scene between May and Gonzales was almost interesting, but man, I think Real SHIELD/Gonzales are just written so poorly there's no real tension.  

In keeping with that, I'm so disappointed in how Bobbi and Mack are being handled -- in theory I can roll with the development that they're "Real SHIELD" moles, but the actual reveal has just kind of turned them into bland Gonzales drones, and it's annoying.  That Bobbi didn't pick up on FitzSimmons' deception after being fooled by Simmons last week just makes her look dumb, and the general lack of follow-through with Fitz and Mack was a little disappointing (even if they now hate each other, SOMETHING a little less perfunctory than what we got would be appreciated).

I find Coulson overly smug sometimes and this episode... did not help.  He really needs May to counterbalance him.

• Love 1

As with most things, Fitz/Simmons: 1; Mack/Bobbi: 0.  Totally knew those two were up to something, and I enjoyed the reveal!  I haven't given up on Bobbi/Mack; Bobbi in particular seems to be close to falling out of favor with Gonzales; but I'm glad Fitz and Simmons aren't going to just lie down and let the takeover happen.

Luke Mitchell finally shows up.  So, he's an Inhuman will some kind of electrical power, huh?  That's cool, I guess.  I wonder if they are going to take the obvious route of being a potential love interest for Skye as well.  Hey, anything would be an improvement over Ward.  Still, I'm glad to see that Luke has finally risen from the dead ashes of The Tomorrow People.

Mike Peterson has finally returned!  That was a fun surprise.  But, now he, Coulson, and Hunter are going to find Ward?  Not sure if that is going to be a good thing.

Did they just gloss over Cal finding out Skye's mom is still alive?  We really should have seen that scene.  Considering how cray-cray he is for her, his reaction would have been Must See TV.  But I'm just glad to see that nutter again.

I love Edward James Olmos, but I'm still not finding Gonzales to be that interesting of an antagonist.

• Love 5

Did they just gloss over Cal finding out Skye's mom is still alive?  We really should have seen that scene.  Considering how cray-cray he is for her, his reaction would have been Must See TV.  But I'm just glad to see that nutter again.

I guess it's like someone up thread suggested .Cal stitched her corpse back together and it regenerated - which also probably means that Whitehall could be regenerating somewhere waiting to take the reins when the Baron goes down

So he was running round mainly looking for Skye then ? And looking for Whitehall to kill . I wonder if thats whay he wanted to rip him apart - if there is enough there they can regen but not if the bits are apart?

That Bobbi didn't pick up on FitzSimmons' deception after being fooled by Simmons last week just makes her look dumb

I thought that as well.  She is too smart for that, and then I thought about her demeanor through the entire episode.  She seems to really be struggling with her choices now, and possibly may shift back to Coulson's side....I am hoping she knew Jemma was up to something, but let it happen anyway to help them out.   Just a theory though.

I wonder if Lincoln knows that's Skye's mom.  He seemed surprised when she said she was going to work with Skye.  

I am glad Mike is back. 

• Love 3

Did they just gloss over Cal finding out Skye's mom is still alive?  We really should have seen that scene.  Considering how cray-cray he is for her, his reaction would have been Must See TV.  But I'm just glad to see that nutter again.

I'm assuming that SkyeMom was the person referred to at the end of the episode when Gordon took Cal.  He seemed very reconciled to the idea that she's alive.  I'm trying to remember how he phrased the discussion of his wife with Skye when they first spoke about her.  Here he said that he told her he would find Daisy.  That seems like it would predate his dealings with Whitehall.  Perhaps he lost his wife when he went to look for Skye and not because he thought she was dead.

When Cal told Gordon they'd never see eye-to-eye I snickered.

Also, when Coulson said he had one man coming for back up, I expected it to be several Koenigs.

• Love 2

Two sneaky in one episode. Was not expecting Deathlock or Skye's mom.

I thought the episode was great. Still not sure I like the two shields but what Evs.

The Fitz/Simmons stuff was nice.

I am really enjoying Skye's shinny new super power/brave new world storyline.

• Love 2
(edited)
I guess it's like someone up thread suggested .Cal stitched her corpse back together and it regenerated - which also probably means that Whitehall could be regenerating somewhere waiting to take the reins when the Baron goes down

That's the weird part -- in the episode last fall with Whitehall's backstory, Whitehall's men drained Skyemommy of all fluids, removed her internal organs, and even removed the front of her ribcage before dumping her in the woods as an empty shell.  Since Skyedaddy is the person that found her body, how does he not know that she is alive if he is the one that would have patched her up ?  Did he bury her somewhere and she dug up through the dirt like a zombie ? Because his crazy ass revenge scheme seems a bit over the top if SkyeMommy survived the procedure and came out with just some scars.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Kind of wish they let Luke Mitchell use his natural Australian accent. When he uses the American accent, I can't see anybody but John from Tomorrow People.

Great to see that Dichen Lachmann's character is alive.

• Love 1

Whitehalls's not an Inhuman, I think he's dead. Or at least I hope he stays dead. I'll accept Skye's mom because she's Inhuman and her gift seems to be to regenerate. 

I like Lincoln. I think he knew that was Skye's mom. 

• Love 2

I got the impression that he knew, probably for years, that Jiaying (Skye's mom) was alive and well in the Inhuman community. It kinda ruins my perception of the character, and I'm not sure how well it stacks up with previous references, but they'll be interesting to read into in future rewatches. I assumed that Jiaying was actually some shapeshifting Inhuman at first, until the scene with her and Cal pretty much confirmed that wasn't the case.

They're obviously not man and wife anymore, and he seems to have surprisingly reconciled to that fact. But it was probably a messy divorce. I wonder if he had to sew her back together a couple more times.

• Love 2

This show may finally be losing my business. It is just kind of dull. There hasn't been anything specifically wrong with this season, I've just been getting increasingly bored.

This New Shield story has been a real disappointment. If everyone agrees that everyone is not evil, then why are they still fighting? Does Coulson really believe that becoming the head of some super secret spy organization should be handled by the former leader just giving you the "nod"? I'm not on Coulson's side. But Gonzalez is clearly meant to follow orders. I know that he is some kind of racist, but from the available evidence, I kind of get where he is coming from. I get that everyone on the show loves Skye's dumbass, but look at the powered people who went on a rampage just a few episodes ago! If Gonzalez has never inexplicably fallen in love with Skye, how is he to believe that someone who can create insta-earthquakes isn't a danger? Look at how many people were killed by the earthquake in Haiti. Skye's power is truly terrifying and she could inadvertently kill thousands of people.

Bobbi and Mack moping around like someone forgot to feed their goldfish was annoying. Bobbi was the one talking the most shit about Coulson's Shield.

• Love 2

I knew Fitz and Simmons were up to something (at least he gets to eat the sandwich this time!). Proposed Recap Title: Fitz and Simmons Are Smarter Than You, Part Deux.

I just can't believe that they didn't search Fitz's bags a little more thoroughly on the way out the door.  That seems like a big security whoopsie on the part of Real SHIELD.

Right? And they even started the scene with them patting him down. If they had skipped that I would have just said "They didn't search him to show how noble they are" but...not.

Also, when Coulson said he had one man coming for back up, I expected it to be several Koenigs.

Especially if it was like, DOZENS of them. That would have been hilarious. Good to see Mike, though!

• Love 2

A girl making a guy a sandwich was never so heartwarming!  But seriously, I'm glad Simmons and Fitz are back in cahoots, because they've always been my favorite part of the show.

I wasn't surprised that SkyeMommy is still alive, though if I ever re-watch the series, I will definitely be paying attention to how Cal talked about her before this episode.  But it should be interesting to see Skye's reaction to her once she finds out.

Can't decide which SHIELD leader is more smugly annoying/self-righteous at this point.

Skye's new inhuman friend is cute.  Hope he sticks around.

• Love 3

Interesting episode.  I really don't know how I feel about Skye's mom (if that really is Skye's mom, she has a weird vibe) being alive.  I guess we could fanwank somehow surviving her organs and bodily fluids being harvested by Whitehall since we know she doesn't age normally a la Wolverine so maybe she has some fancy regenerative powers, but Marvel really needs to end their bad habit of never letting anyone really die (save Tripp I guess?  though who knows).  Gordon came off as pretty sketchy in this episode.  I'm wondering what he meant when he told Cal that Cal had sealed Skye's fate.

Yeah so while I'm also excited to see Skye's mom back, I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop. The whole show has been about orphan Skye searching for Mom and Dad, and Dad is a psycho with superstrength and Mom is ... what? A superpowered, regenerating guardian angel? Also why haven't they found her / rescued her until now? Cal found her and dragged her to the temple for terrigenesis, but you'd think that her mom would've wanted her to have the proper preparation in the city. Also that she would have stopped Cal from being all super crazy and kidnapping his daughter.

I've heard a theory that she only came back to life after Whitehall died, and her original organs could be sewn back into her original body to regenerate. Which is dark and kind of creepy, but makes some sense.

Totally excited to see Deathlock's return, and I cannot believe they kept the secret so well. I screamed when I saw him on screen.

Overall I liked this episode a lot.

• Love 2

Really enjoyed it.  I like how they're handling the Inhuman stuff a lot.  It's interesting.  Terrific scene with Raina.

Had a feeling Skye's mom might show up but didn't expect Deathlok.  I had no clue who the agent was that Coulson was talking about.  Coulson was actually funny in this one.

Did Gordon let Cal go the last time we saw him?

Was glad to see that Simmons is still working together with Fitz.

There always seems to be a scene with EJO popping a bullet out of its chamber on a show he's involved in.

• Love 2

I've heard a theory that she only came back to life after Whitehall died, and her original organs could be sewn back into her original body to regenerate. Which is dark and kind of creepy, but makes some sense.

I'd definitely prefer this to Skye's Mom having been alive all this time.   It would really cheapen Cal's vendetta against Whitehall if he knew his wife was alive.  Not that simply maiming his wife wouldn't be a justified motivation for revenge, but his story arc last season was about his quest to avenge the loss of both his wife and daughter.  Bringing her back takes a lot of the punch out of that story.  And then yeah, I'd have a big problem with idea that the mom was alive all this time yet Skye was left to grow up alone in orphanages for most of her life before going on to be basically homeless for most of her early adulthood before the pilot. I can buy the idea that Cal was looking for her all this time but didn't have the resources on his own to be successful in his quest, but Jiaying has to have known some Inhuman somewhere with powers that could have helped her get a lead on her daughter's whereabouts.

• Love 7

I knew Fitz and Simmons were up to something (at least he gets to eat the sandwich this time!)

I was hoping they were up to something, in fact at first I thought maybe Fitz saw that she was making up fake tests for the box and not really doing anything except stalling, but the more the episode went on, the more frustrated with Simmons I got and the more worried I was that she really had changed. Especially when she told Fitz maybe he should leave. I have never been so glad to see a sandwich in my life. LOL. (And yes! He gets to eat it this time! So awesome.)

That really was the best part. A close second: Simmons' line to Gonzalez that maybe he should have brought them all cupcakes. Heee.

• Love 7

My interest in the show has been... RENEWED! When Coulson said "Grant Ward" I went crazy! I needed this. At least Coulson and Ward will be working together for a small time, but it will be worth it. I just hope Ward is on board. To see Coulson and Ward together again... showgasm!

And Simmons made my boy Fitz another prosciutto sandwich! All is right in the world for one episode at least :)

• Love 5

Holy cow what an episode!

Gonzales referring to superpowered individualsarrow-10x10.png as "thing" or "freaks". Yeah "Real SHIELD" is going to be a problem.

The bromance between Coulson and Hunter.

Skye and Lincoln. Yeah I already ship it. They're workingarrow-10x10.png hard to sell it and so far I'm buyin.

I guessed when Coulson mentioned "backup" it was going to be Deathlok, but it was great seeing him again.

Jiyang's appearance however was definitelyarrow-10x10.png a surprise. My jaw dropped when she showed up. We wondered why Gordon didn't mention to Skye he knew her mother last week, and now we know why.

Judging from the scars, Cal stitched her together and her natural immortal powersarrow-10x10.png did the rest.

May evidently didn't take the Liam Neeson class ofarrow-10x10.png judging a gun is loaded by it's weight!

I was hoping something was up with FitzSimmons when they had their "fight" Not only did they call back the prosciutto sandwich, but the pic Fitz took was the selfie he and Simmons took way back in the second episode on the temple!

Yep, Ward is definitely a "bad optionarrow-10x10.png".

Loved this episode. ElectroBoy is capable of some real damage, I feel. He can tickle Skye, sure, but if push comes to shove I'm expecting some A-Game, Blammo!-level pushin' and shovin' from him.

Poor Phil. He's hung out with Asgardians and Kree warriors and super soldiers and other epic figures and now he's been reduced to this? Hurry up Fitz, get that gizmo to where it belongs!

Yay Deathlok. Took ya long enough!

So, now we know: Coulson's making his move. May's playing it just right. Fitz/Simmons for the win. Skye's pulling it together. Adama's fillin' shit out in triplicate while Coulson's dealing another hand of holo-poker to his SHIELDgoons.

Think I'll watch next week. Skye's gonna blow up a mountain for giggles.

That seems like a big security whoopsie on the part of Real SHIELD.

LOL so does them letting HYDRA run the boards with their sorry asses. Like in The Godfather: Adama is not a wartime consigliere. And SHIELD needs a wartime consigliere. Phillip, son of Coul, is the wartime consigiliere SHIELD needs.

And now, for your amusement: Skye sneezes away half the Himalayas! *cue circus calliope music*

• Love 1

I was most excited about the return of the sandwich. Tossing that deliciousness in the water was the worst thing Ward ever did and no one's going to convince me otherwise. Heehee.

Kind of wish they let Luke Mitchell use his natural Australian accent. When he uses the American accent, I can't see anybody but John from Tomorrow People.

I can't put my finger on what exactly it is, but I was kind of expecting him to play almost the exact same sort of character as the one he played on The Tomorrow People, yet as soon as he started talking I was like "Heeeey, why does he sound different?" (Not bad different, just different.)

I mean, he had to do almost the same "welcome to our superpowered people hideout, let me show you around" spiel in The Tomorrow People. But other then that I'm not seeing too many similarities. (Which is a bit disappointing for me because I miss John but, still, can't wait to see more of what he does with this role.)

Anyway, I hope he sticks around and gets to interact with more of the cast! If The Tomorrow People was anything to go on, Luke Mitchell has the chops to make whoever he's in a scene with more interesting. It's already kind of working for Skye.

And yes! I would like to see him blow shit up with his powers. He's like a kinder gentler version of Electro. Now let's put him in a fight scene and see what happens. Hee!

I'm getting the impression Cal getting Skye (and Raina) to go through the change unprepared was a big no-no with "the elders", and that's why Gordon was frowning on it and calling it "sealing her fate"? I know it sounded really ominous, but that seems like all he meant. If Cal's actions caused the Inhumans to be exposed and in danger, that's bad for Skye, too, since she is one of the Inhumans.

Coulson may not be collecting superpowered people on purpose but at this rate he's going to have all the superpowered people on his side. "Real Shield" don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

• Love 1

I just can't believe that they didn't search Fitz's bags a little more thoroughly on the way out the door.  That seems like a big security whoopsie on the part of Real SHIELD.

Wasn't Simmons holding his pack for him, though? I think they searched his pack first, then she slipped the cube in while he was being searched and everyone was watching.

• Love 9
(edited)
I was most excited about the return of the sandwich. Tossing that deliciousness in the water was the worst thing Ward ever did and no one's going to convince me otherwise. Heehee.

Ha, I know! Throwing that sandwich in the water proved that Ward was a heartless ass who had no trace of humanity.

I loved that Fitz immediately knew Simmons was up to something and played along. When she was examining the toolbox, there was a moment when Bobbi got a look on her face so I thought maybe she suspected Simmons was up to something and then...nothing.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I did like the episode but it was obvious that FitzSimmons were up to something by the tones in their voices.  And I loved it!  

I think Bobbie's about to turn back to Coulson.  She was looking more and more uncomfortable at what Gonzalez was saying, defending Skye, etc.  And I look forward to that.

Not paying attention to the credits, I didn't see Deathlock coming,  but man, that was great!  And my new favorite couple is definitely becoming Coulson and Hunter.  

My big question is, when did Crazy Cal learn his wife was alive?  He was hellbent on killing the man who killed his wife, yet that now seems to have been for no reason.  That's what has confused me.

• Love 2

Sky's mom might be a retcon but one I appove of. The show might have originally intended dead mom trope but now that they are telling the girl with super power story have Skye's mom alive is far more interesting. This is science fiction so whatever.

I'd definitely prefer this to Skye's Mom having been alive all this time.   It would really cheapen Cal's vendetta against Whitehall if he knew his wife was alive.  Not that simply maiming his wife wouldn't be a justified motivation for revenge, but his story arc last season was about his quest to avenge the loss of both his wife and daughter.  Bringing her back takes a lot of the punch out of that story.  And then yeah, I'd have a big problem with idea that the mom was alive all this time yet Skye was left to grow up alone in orphanages for most of her life before going on to be basically homeless for most of her early adulthood before the pilot. I can buy the idea that Cal was looking for her all this time but didn't have the resources on his own to be successful in his quest, but Jiaying has to have known some Inhuman somewhere with powers that could have helped her get a lead on her daughter's whereabouts.

Exactly. Especially since we know that the Inhumans try to find/gather all potential Inhumans around the globe, so they must have some way of detecting and identifying her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think they could find others until their powers were activated. They appear human until their body goes through the mist. The only reason they found Skye was because her and Raina changed with the old school method with a Diviner. And crazy Cal of course.

I would still think ripping his wife apart, stealing her gift and making him lose his daughter is enough of a reason for Cal to go after Whitehall.

They are showing how out of depth both SHIELDS are. New Shield just wants to destroy powered people which is stupid, when they know they are bad powered people out there that they'd have no chance against. And Coulson and his one track mind has no idea what he's fighting. He thinks No Eyes is working for Hydra or some other entity. When No Eyes is just protecting his people of which Skye is one. I suppose he doesn't know about the whole race of Inhumans that are walking around. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

They are showing how out of depth both SHIELDS are. New Shield just wants to destroy powered people which is stupid, when they know they are bad powered people out there that they'd have no chance against. And Coulson and his one track mind has no idea what he's fighting. He thinks No Eyes is working for Hydra or some other entity. When No Eyes is just protecting his people of which Skye is one. I suppose he doesn't know about the whole race of Inhumans that are walking around. 

It does seem as if Coulson is stuck fighting the last war. But then the war against Hydra was not won their immediate goal of genocide against potential leaders was just stopped.

To me Coulson's a terrible leader because he thinks so linear. He never thinks of anything outside the box. We destroyed the city, that means no more powered people. Skye was taken by a powered person, Skye was taken by Hydra! Instead of I don't know by someone that is powered like her.

I also hate the have to work with the bad guy cliche that comic shows think is so cool. So I'm not looking forward to them working with Ward who almost killed two of their agents and killed his family. Skye shot him, why would Coulson think that they should work with him to find her? He's the last person she wants to find her.

• Love 2

SkyeDaddy trying to fight Gordon was delightful.  And very interesting how SkyeDaddy reacted to SkyeMommy's news that she was there.  For someone who radiates both intelligence and crazy, often at the same time, Cal looked submissive to Jiaying.

I love that Coulson pulled old school Howling Commando tactics on new SHIELD.  I am really liking Coulson and Hunter teamed up.  And Deathlok!  Squee!

• Love 2

I don't think they could find others until their powers were activated. They appear human until their body goes through the mist. The only reason they found Skye was because her and Raina changed with the old school method with a Diviner. And crazy Cal of course.

I would still think ripping his wife apart, stealing her gift and making him lose his daughter is enough of a reason for Cal to go after Whitehall.

I agree that both SHIELDs are out of their depth with the Inhumans reveal. The whole thing with Coulson getting Ward's help, IMHO is kind of shoehorned in, but it sounds like the excuse is that the Hydra dude that Mike was trailing knows Cal and other enhanced people, so he might know something about Gordon. Which, we as the audience know isn't the case, and this has moved way way beyond Hydra and SHIELD. Even if Cal told the Hydra dude about the Inhumans and about Gordon, they have no way of getting to them without Gordon's help and his teleporting powers.

I was thinking that Fitz realized that she was scanning it in preparation of, like, 3D-printing a replica. And that little tossing-the-cube maneuver he did while confronting her, maybe that was to confirm the "we're switching these, right?" plan. I like the notion that Simmons planted it after his pack had already been searched. Too bad she mis-spelled prosciutto.

• Love 3

One of the things I really liked was Coulson defending Bobbi and Mack to Hunter. It's a nice contrast to his reaction to May last season and a good indicator of growth. It'd be really easy for him to feel betrayed again, but instead he understood that they're good people with legitimate concerns, even if he didn't agree with how things went down.

It was also nice that they demonstrated the difference in leadership styles of the two SHIELDS. What Coulson says goes in his version, whereas Gonzales can be outvoted. But there's definitely an anti-powers bias in Pointy!Shield. I'm curious to hear where Weaver falls. But yeah, I think that's really going to end up pushing Bobbi onto Coulson's team, as she doesn't seem ready to automatically treat people as threats.

• Love 1

So Skye's mom is still alive!  Pretty cool!  She must've regenerated or something.  I think Cal didn't know his wife was still alive that time when he was seeking revenge.  I liked seeing Cal getting his ass kicked by Inhuman Eyeless Dude.  I also thought it was great that Jai Ying did not allow Cal to go near Skye.  I think Skye would probably run if she saw her crazy father.  Jai Ying is such a mystery right now and I'm intrigued to see what this woman will do next.

Fitz and Simmons!  Simmons and Fitz!  Yay that they are secretly conspiring against The Other Shield!  I didn't expect Fitz to walk out of there with Coulsen's magical cube and I certainly didn't expect that delicious sandwich that Fitz pulled out of his bag, courtesy of Simmons!  Warmed my heart alot to see Fitz eagerly biting into that sandwich.  I think I may love Simmons more just because she thoughtfully gave Fitz a nice sandwich.  Kind of shows her love, doesn't it???

I think Bobbi might be getting a clue that Gonzalez might be going about things the wrong way.  Gonzalez is very anti-alien.  I think he'd gladly lock up Skye and dissect her just to see what she's made of.  He's very dangerous in his fanaticism.  I think Bobbi is beginning to sense that.

Coulson and Hunter make a good team.  They're pretty funny together.  I enjoy their chemistry.  And yay!  Deathlock!  Deathlock appears again!  Good to see him.  I wondered where he had been hiding all this time.

The guy that showed Skye around "Afterlife" is pretty cute.  I can see a romance between Skye and this cute Inhuman.

Ward is coming back????  Awesome!  Let's see what this sonovabitch is going to do!

• Love 2

If someone vivisected my wife I would want to return the favor even if she recovered. But the reunion might have been off screen after the Inhumans took Cal as well, a problem of story telling showing would have been great but then we don't get as good a shock. We will find out the story soon the way this show is going. 

Saying Skye Mom and Skye Dad it's making me have Spy Mommy and Spy Daddy Alias flashback.

The funding of these groups seams funny after government support withdrawn. A Aircraft carrier sucks up a truly huge amount of cash. Supersonic jets also suck up the fuel the Entire Army uses 7% of the governments fuel budget the Navy 33% and the Air Force 52%. But this fantasy cash is always there is a trope of spy show so I'll live with it. 

I'm fairly sure they have worked out why mom did not look for daughter as I assume Skye will have to be told soon. 

I really like the episode, enough shoes dropping when most show can go awhile with any shoes dropping. 

'Agents of SHIELD' EP, Chloe Bennet on the Mother of All Reveals

In a shocking reveal, Skye’s counselor ends up being the Inhuman leader Jiaying (Dichen Lachman) — her mother whom everyone presumed was dead thanks to Hydra’s Daniel Whitehall (Reed Diamond). However, Jaiying doesn’t reveal the nature of their relationship when the two meet.

"Jaiying has thought of this moment her whole life. She’s trying to be a cautious leader and mother as she tries to feel things out in where Skye stands,” Bennet told The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s a smart political move on her end because she is the leader of the Inhumans.”

“It’s a huge emotional reveal,” added Agents of SHIELD executive producer Jeffrey Bell. “Jiayang is like her and shares a gifted ability. There will definitely be a natural attraction there.”

Jaiying possesses a special healing ability that stopped her from aging, allowing her to essentially be immortal. However, after being captured by Hydra’s Whitehall, Jaiying was murdered during his experiments in an attempt to acquire her immortality.

How then, is she alive? The scars that now cover Jaiying’s face tell the tale of her revival and that’s thanks to her husband Calvin (Kyle MacLachlan).

“He was the one who put her back,” Bell said. “He was the one who found her and stitched, sewed and put the parts back together so she could use her healing ability to come back.”

“Calvin’s known that she’s been alive, but she was upset with him for losing Skye. They looked and didn’t find her. As in real life, when a couple loses a child, they split in anger,” Bell added.

Bell warns that Calvin has since been driven by one thought: "If I can find my daughter, if I can reunite my family, my wife will forgive me for what happened 26 years ago and she will love me and we’ll be a happy family."

Skye now finds herself torn between two sets of parents. “We have May playing a maternal role as Skye’s supervising officer," Bell said. "Bringing in a different maternal figure will create a little parental triangle. We had this with Coulson and Calvin — the biological parents vs. the adopted parents.”