Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Afterlife

• Start Topic

I am getting this odd feeling that if Ma or Pa Snowflake aren't good to Skye, Gordon will step in and protect her.  He seems more genuine and ernest than Ze Flakes and Lincoln.  Could just be my desire to see something more of Gordon

Heck, I'm just surprised that Skye or anyone else for that matter that gets teleported to the Afterlife doesn't come down with a bad case of altitude sickness.

Good point.  Skye was unconscious for 2 days, so maybe part of the "healing" with the electro-accupunture needles was treating her edema.

I am getting this odd feeling that if Ma or Pa Snowflake aren't good to Skye, Gordon will step in and protect her.  He seems more genuine and ernest than Ze Flakes and Lincoln.  Could just be my desire to see something more of Gordon

See, I get the opposite feeling. The way he spoke to Cal makes me think Gordon is considering teleporting Skye's heart out of her chest. Not that he is necessarily a threat right now but I got the sense he was more than willing to take her out if she turned out to really be her father's daughter.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

I think both may be true.  Gordon is their gatekeeper, and he seems to have taken on the protection of his community as his primary responsibility.  I think he will defend Skye unless she is a threat to the community, and then he will defend the community.  That is part of his antagonistic feeling toward Cal.  Cal is wildly unpredictable, violent, and willing to break the most serious of inhuman taboos presented to date - secrecy and control of transformations.  Also, on a more personal level, I don't think Gordon finds Cal to be worthy of his mentor Jiaying.

I suspect there are helicopters in an outbuilding somewhere, but that is probably need to know between the Elders and Gordon.

Also did Jiaying know about Cal forcing the transformation on Skye, and did she go along with it so Skye could jump the line faster?

I think Cal cowboyed that whole mess.  I doubt he had been in direct contact with the Inhumans in quite a while, because otherwise they would have separated Raina from him, and she wouldn't have been led on a goose chase following 'the Clairvoyant.'  I bet Cal didn't want the Inhumans to know about Skye until after the mist so that he could make sure she didn't have to be chosen to transform, and his little girl could become everything she was born to be.  Jaiying seems more dedicated to the Inhuman society and its rules.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by MisterGlass
  • Love 1

See, I get the opposite feeling. The way he spoke to Cal makes me think Gordon is considering teleporting Skye's heart out of her chest. Not that he is necessarily a threat right now but I got the sense he was more than willing to take her out if she turned out to really be her father's daughter.

Skye clearly is going to be required to make a choice.  If she picks wrong I suspect her life is forfeit, and it's not clear which, if any, of the Inhumans would protect her (can't even say her mother, for sure). 

Cal actually probably WOULD protect her, but of course the cost of that is that he's got no boundaries and any help you accept from that psycho comes with a cost down the road.

• Love 1

Skye clearly is going to be required to make a choice.  If she picks wrong I suspect her life is forfeit, and it's not clear which, if any, of the Inhumans would protect her (can't even say her mother, for sure). 

Cal actually probably WOULD protect her, but of course the cost of that is that he's got no boundaries and any help you accept from that psycho comes with a cost down the road.

Jianying will probably being tasked to find out Skye's story and how she ended up in the temple.Wonder how many secret agents they have in the ranks? And will she share her SHIELD baby moving tale.

What they will make of the fact that the Kree possibly have them on their radar and that the Asgardians know that there are at least 2 people changed .Then their is the missing Diviners and the fact that Coulson and the others had the GH serum and were getting visions of the Temple or that she herself got a polyjuice booster (which know makes you think did that make any difference to her power level)

I don't think the Inhumans are fishing for information.  My assumption is that they have an agenda that's somewhat anti-human and will expect Skye to swear off/stop caring about the fate of non-Inhumans.  Of course much of their population, according to the story they told her is mixed in with normal humanity--which is where we can clearly see this is now truly the Mutant storyline minus the X-Men rather than the classic Inhumans story (where they were always separate).

I'd love to see a Mike and Skye friendship. They are in the same boat now and she helped him see his worth. He could do the same for her without the ulterior motives that the Inhumans may have.

I feel robbed of Skye/Tripp friendship (which was the only thing that truly made Tripp endearing to me as I don't care about Captain America 1), so I'd take Mike/Skye instead, especially because it has been set up all way back in the pilot.

I liked the ep. Dichen Lachmann (can't spell her character's name, sorry) alive was predictable, but nice, although I don't understand why Cal didn't have a bigger reaction to that. I thought he didn't know this.

The new Inhuman guy so far is bland, but I like the actor and think he and Chloe Bennet have chemistry, so I'm willing to wait.

Still rooting for EJO and Co over Coulson, especially now that they've manage to pair two of my least favorite characters, Coulson and Hunter.

I liked the ep. Dichen Lachmann (can't spell her character's name, sorry) alive was predictable, but nice, although I don't understand why Cal didn't have a bigger reaction to that. I thought he didn't know this.

I was wondering if Gordon brought Cal to see her when he led him out of the cell (after taking him from the football field). But I'm wondering more if the theory is right and that he stitched her back together and he was just after Whitehall because he blames Whitehall for ruining his family. Also, Whitehall was a pretty terrible person considering how he actually butchered her, so I can see where Cal is coming from. Even if he is a wackadoo.

I really hope more is made of what Skye said about meeting a Kree and that this whole Mist is actually to make them weapons in a terrible war. That's some pretty heavy duty stuff, and it didn't seem to phase Lincoln at all. However, given that there will be an Inhumans movie, I get the feeling it will be brought up again.

• Love 1

I think he knew.  We were robbed of seeing his initial reaction to her alive in an unseen encounter between when he got brought there and last episode.

But he must have suspected she was alive anyway.  HE'S the one who stitched her corpse together, after all (why she has those scars).  He knew what she was and as crazy as THAT seemed at the time part of his crazy must have been covering the idea she'd wake up eventually.

I don't think the Inhumans are fishing for information.  My assumption is that they have an agenda that's somewhat anti-human and will expect Skye to swear off/stop caring about the fate of non-Inhumans.  Of course much of their population, according to the story they told her is mixed in with normal humanity--which is where we can clearly see this is now truly the Mutant storyline minus the X-Men rather than the classic Inhumans story (where they were always separate).

I don't think they are anti-Human .Heck as you say most of them are expecting to live their lives as humans (with slightly funky DNA)

And this is now the time of the NuHumans .The big fella is gonna drop his bomb in this universe at some point and then all bets are off when there are thousands of them openly kicking about .

It's mainly about assessing her and if she is a danger to their secrets or is likely to be pulling a Wolf (if you watch Powers) and going nuts.At this point neither of her parents have spent more than 5 minutes with her .Yes she is their daughter but they have no idea what she has been doing (or had done to her )in 25 years she could be power crazed or a stone killer .

I think he knew.  We were robbed of seeing his initial reaction to her alive in an unseen encounter between when he got brought there and last episode.

But he must have suspected she was alive anyway.  HE'S the one who stitched her corpse together, after all (why she has those scars).  He knew what she was and as crazy as THAT seemed at the time part of his crazy must have been covering the idea she'd wake up eventually.

She woke up pretty quick going by the interview ,The search for Daisy was initially at least a joint effort before the recriminations started and they split.

I was wondering if Gordon brought Cal to see her when he led him out of the cell (after taking him from the football field). But I'm wondering more if the theory is right and that he stitched her back together and he was just after Whitehall because he blames Whitehall for ruining his family. Also, Whitehall was a pretty terrible person considering how he actually butchered her, so I can see where Cal is coming from. Even if he is a wackadoo.

I really hope more is made of what Skye said about meeting a Kree and that this whole Mist is actually to make them weapons in a terrible war. That's some pretty heavy duty stuff, and it didn't seem to phase Lincoln at all. However, given that there will be an Inhumans movie, I get the feeling it will be brought up again.

Which is what I was trying to get at in my last comment .She might not know about the Terregenesis process or her powers .But she is probably the first Inhuman to talk to a Kree for thousands of years(and live) ,or an Asgardian ever and has had extra Kree blood injected into her (did it give her powers a booster).They are going to need to know they are back on the Galactic radar and that Skye's friends and colleagues have bought them some time .She is not just some mudblood/muggle who got a letter via the OPS .

And List and HYDRA are coming for them ,I think that is clear .And then there is the ULTRON to come after .She is going to end up being the go between with SHIELD Squared when it all kicks off .

Dear Closed Captioning People and Edward James Olmos,

C-A-L-V-A-R-Y is a place. C-A-V-A-L-R-Y is a military unit. May is definitely a military unit all by herself; she is not a place in Jerusalem.

Thank you.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 6
Dear Closed Captioning People and Edward James Olmos,

C-A-L-V-A-R-Y is a place. C-A-V-A-L-R-Y is a military unit. May is definitely a military unit all by herself; she is not a place in Jerusalem.

Sigh. Even the announcer said calvary during the promo for the Melinda episode. 

Sigh. Even the announcer said calvary during the promo for the Melinda episode. 

Heh.  Announcers are no more educated than you or me.  The error likely goes all the way back to the writers--probably even the original ones on the show and not just Promo Monkeys.

Its a weird word in American English when it shortened to "Cav" we use the long A, but when saying "cavalry" the short A which brings the L sound out so it sounds like Calvary. I had to listen to the theme song from the John Wayne movie She Wore a Yellow Ribbon under headphones to distinguish their cavalry was correct and not Calvary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQPwob6-fI

Edited by Raja

You'd think the Inhumans would be better at briefing their new inductees - introductory guy kept assuming Skye knew her history even after she clearly didn't. How about sitting her down and find out what she does & doesn't know? It's not like they seemed in any particular hurry - sit around and tell Skye her family history (and how she's destined to rule the world or whatever, if that's your thing). Then again, given the complete lack of curiosity about where they are, maybe he's used to people being completely apathetic (it may not be easy, but rather than relying on a teleporter, surely somebody would try just climbing down the damn mountain to find out where they are!).

Senna  Can't decide which SHIELD leader is more smugly annoying/self-righteous at this point.

Sakura12 To me Coulson's a terrible leader because he thinks so linear.

To me, Coulson is a terrible leader because he seems to be running SHIELD like he's daddy to a team of unruly kids - what happens if he dies (again)? It's not like his approach has rendered his team any less susceptible to infiltration (since both HYDRA and Real!SHIELD have placed moles among them). At least Gonzalez has "a board" in place to run "his" SHIELD, which suggests that his removal would be less catastrophic to his organisation. Of course it would be better if he wasn't so prejudiced, but maybe he's tired of Cylon - sorry, Inhuman - infiltrators.

OttoDBusDriver  I just can't believe that they didn't search Fitz's bags a little more thoroughly on the way out the door.

Maybe it's deliberate - they want to prove they are the true successors to SHIELD, so having lousy security isn't a bug, it's a feature! Though I was expecting Fitz's taxi to be driven by an agent of somebody or other.

Monty Ashley (from the Recap) They only want it because Coulson was so protective of it, which means they're operating at about the emotional maturity of a kindergartener who wants whatever toy the other kid is playing with.

I'm really hoping Fury will turn up at the end of the season and knock Gonzalez and Coulson's heads together and tell them they're both idiots!

(Incidentally, I prefer Star!SHIELD for Gonzalez's gang for the three stars on their eagle emblem, but I guess I'm alone in that)

• Love 1

You'd think the Inhumans would be better at briefing their new inductees - introductory guy kept assuming Skye knew her history even after she clearly didn't. How about sitting her down and find out what she does & doesn't know?

The Inhumans seem to resemble a small religious sect that you are born into. You are raised with it or you are not. That doesn't fit with the multi racial community coming together but in this age you can't have that as a group. Somehow Raina was separated so only knew part of the community lore but everyone else was born into it and hoped to prove worthy of going through the mist.