Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Collateral

Tim is hilarious.  "Your attitude is not helpful.  So negative."

With Wynn, Markham, Boyd, Bob, etc. heading to the mountain, looking for the money, all the bolos, etc., I was wondering if this was going to end in a dark Hallelujah Trail.

So who kills Markham and Boone - Loretta?  Raylan?

Boyd and Raylan are still gold together.

• Love 4

Damn, I was scared Bob wasn't gonna make it. Boyd's sure burning through any good will he earned on the show.

"Damn Raylan, how'd you know I wasn't some boy scout?" "I could see your teeth in the dark." Boyd does have some purdy teeth.

• Love 10
(edited)

TRIPLE shit! (what an episode!!!) My nerves are too jangled to say much else...I need a stiff drink.

ETA: Wynn Duffy for the win - frustrating Vasquez. Would somebody please do away with that lawyer?

Edited by Voice of Joy
  • Love 2
(edited)

"Your teeth glow in the dark."  Classic and so true.

Really good episode.  Everyone is on a collision course with each other and the show is doing a really good job with that.

Raylan vs Boyd was great and beautifully shot in the dark.

Glad that Bob is alive but again, this is what happens when Raylan doesn't feel like arresting somebody.

I understand the anger toward Raylan but Vasquez is a little shit and I hope he gets taken down next week.

Great dramatic ending with Raylan being arrested at the end.  Love Raylan but he's lucky he hasn't been arrested sooner.

I liked the Wynn Duffy scenes.

I'm glad Loretta is getting drawn to this end.  With Markem and Boone involved, it's going to be very interesting.

I'm going to miss this show!

Edited by benteen
  • Love 5

"Damn Raylan, how'd you know I wasn't some boy scout?" "I could see your teeth in the dark." Boyd does have some purdy teeth.

I love that Walton Goggins seems to have such a good sense of humor about his choppers lol. I'm pretty sure there was a joke about them at some point on The Shield

• Love 6
(edited)

"Your teeth glow in the dark."  Classic and so true.

I understand the anger toward Raylan but Vasquez is a little shit and I hope he gets taken down next week.

I can let this show go as a happy woman, if little shit Vasquez goes down at the end - jail or dead. I'm not picky.

And I'm gonna need someone to shoot Boon. I'm not getting him at all. He's Danny Crowe levels of annoying - not menacing - just stupid - to me - and needs to die as stupidly as Danny did. 

Let Art and Tim live, show. Please.

Boyd needs to die. He's come undone. (Not that he was ever wrapped too tight in the first place but...)

Oh Raylan.... I'm glad you saved Bob. I'm glad you told Boyd his teeth glow in the dark. This is the Raylan I love.

Edited by soapfaninnc
  • Love 12

No Rachel this week.  They didn't even bother with her character this season.  If they can do a decent storyline for every two-bit criminal in Harlan, they could have at least done a good one for her.

• Love 5

No Rachel this week.  They didn't even bother with her character this season.  If they can do a decent storyline for every two-bit criminal in Harlan, they could have at least done a good one for her.

She was really conspicuously absent -like strangely absent from being referenced if not actually shown. That was the biggest negative of the episode.

• Love 5
(edited)

I was so scared for Bob.  I am so glad they shot him off-screen - I couldn't take it.  Boyd, Raylan I am ready to accept it if they die.  But not Bob.  Not the man who owns the Gremlin.

As Raylan was driving Bob to the hospital - I remember that Bob has had the shit kicked out of him before and lived - so I dared to hope..

"Who shot my boss?"  Vasquez, you dumb, little shit,  you were talking to him.  Wynn for the win as usual.  And what is he going to do with dog-grooming van?  And he had a Billie Jean King's collectible.  Never change Wynn.  Never change.

And I loved the guy Boyd kidnapped.  Small role, but very memorable.

Oh Loretta. You are out of the pan and in the fire now.

I need to fan myself now - that was one hell of an episode.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 2

I was really hoping that Boon would check out when he got close to Loretta, courtesy of a hidden knife, but obviously there are other plans for him. I hope the rest of Loretta's crew is more adept than the recently departed bodyguard.  Markham could easily persuade/intimidate the lesser of them into working for him anyway.  And then she will become rapidly irrelevant. 

Zachariah, even though you were stupid, you were honorable in the end.  Always let the enemy come to you.  At least Boyd didn't have to deal with various bits and bodily fluids this time. 

Those weren't the crooked cops that popped Raylan at the end, were they?

Random inconsequential thought:  The last episode comes too late for March Madness, but I almost feel like we should have started a thread at the beginning of the season with brackets for all the gunfights.  Boyd v. Dewey --Boyd.  Rayland v ChooChoo -- Raylan, and so on. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Graham Yost and crew are such awesomely, evil bastards.  They knew damn well that putting Constable Bob in peril, would completely freak me out.  And, it totally did.  Also, it was great because he certainly is one of the characters, other then the other marshals; that I could buy Raylan finally snapping out of his "Must kill Boyd!" hunt, and go help him.  Glad that old Bob's still kicking; hope he pull through.  But, now, it looks like the cops got him.  Oh, Raylan.

The entire showdown between Raylan and Boyd, was just so amazing.  As I said before, Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins, are just perfect together.  They really capture the characters hatred for one another, but also respect, and how they even seem to enjoy each other's company, on a completely twisted level.  If this ends with only one surviving, I honestly think deep down, he will miss the other.

I don't care how wrong it is: during the Duffy/Vasquez scene, I was totally pulling for the drug dealer over the attorney.  Yes, I know Vasquez is on the "right" side of the law, but he's just so arrogant and obnoxious, that I want to see him fall.  Was really rooting for Tim to deck him during his epic shit-fest.  That said, Duffy not actually leaving but possibly making a play for the money himself, has me worried.  Will his luck finally run out?

Shea Whigham has a hell of an agent.  He's managed to get himself on Boardwalk Empire, True Detective, Agent Cater, and now this.  He just needs to get on Better Call Saul now.  I knew how his scene with Boyd was going to end, but I still enjoyed it.  Have a feeling his final words will have some meaning into Boyd's final fate.

At least Zachariah went out on his own terms, even if he failed to kill Boyd.  But, it did look like Boyd was favoring a shoulder, so maybe he did injure him.

Boon really needs to die.  I'm still voting for it to be at Loretta's hands.  Loved her scene with Avery, and Avery flat-out comparing her to Mags.  Kaitlyn Dever must be having the time of her life.  At her age, she gets to go toe-to-toe with Sam Elliot and, IMO, more then hold her own.

On the other hand, I do not want to be in Ava's shoes.  Sounds like those cops are getting ready to send her to Avery.  Oh, shit! 

Disappointed in no Rachel.  She better be in the finale.  At least Tim and Art got some great lines as always.

Next week is the end.  Really hope they stick the landing, because this could end up being one of my favorite final seasons of any show.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 10
(edited)

Series finale next week.

I'm not ready for this.

But Bob breathes still, so that's ok. Duffy is the ultimate cockroach, let's hope his luck doesn't run out.

I can understand Ava's desperate, therefore making all kinds of bad decisions; after shooting Boyd, she should've kept on driving the truck till it run out of gas, get the hell outta Harlan county at least, try to hide somewhere else.

And Loretta, I love her, but hiring her dumb ex as a bodyguard, what is it, amateur hour?

Vasquez continues to annoy, but it was funny how people failed to get rattled at all the threats he was making at the marshal's office, lol.

Boyd is burning all bridges, but Goggins is pure gold, I'm gonna miss this character so badly. I don't think it'll end well for him, but I wish it could have.

Once again, not ready for this show to be over.

Edited by minamurray78
  • Love 6

I liked that the writers purposely deconstructed the outlaw as folk hero bullsh*t,, and have driven home how really awful a human being Boyd Crowder is, in the last few episodes. 

• Love 18

Oh, totally. Suddenly, Boyd's killing people every episode, so that we're not surprised by his ultimate fate. It's obvious that's what's happening.

I wonder if Loretta's going to be the one who kills Markham.

Was that Limehouse that Ava was calling?

• Love 2
(edited)

This season's really not hitting me as hard as I thought it would.  Boyd feels like a surprisingly minor character to everything. There should have been a much stronger focus on Raylan and Boyd. There's just so much going on. And it's good in the usual Justified-way but damn, you only got a hour (40 minutes not counting commercials) left. Think about all the balls that are still up in the air and I'm worried about a rushed-feel to the finale. You almost do wonder if Rachel's going to be in the finale. 

Real talk? I think Joelle Carter's a pretty mediocre actress and the large amount of focus on Ava this season detracted from the quality. Think about how much time we've spent with Ava's various escape attempts. I think they wanted her to almost have the same amount of importance as Raylan and Boyd, Carter's just never had the gravitas for that. I almost wish they had framed the season more around Loretta than Ava. Kaitlyn Dever has loads of charisma and there's something about Loretta's character, she feels like such a good example of the magnetic pull of Harlan's underworld. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 5

This season's really not hitting me as hard as I thought it would.  Boyd feels like a surprisingly minor character to everything. There should have been a much stronger focus on Raylan and Boyd. There's just so much going on. And it's good in the usual Justified-way but damn, you only got a hour (40 minutes not counting commercials) left. Think about all the balls that are still up in the air and I'm worried about a rushed-feel to the finale. You almost do wonder if Rachel's going to be in the finale. 

Real talk? I think Joelle Carter's a pretty mediocre actress and the large amount of focus on Ava this season detracted from the quality. Think about how much time we've spent with Ava's various escape attempts. I think they wanted her to almost have the same amount of importance as Raylan and Boyd, Carter's just never had the gravitas for that. I almost wish they had framed the season more around Loretta than Ava. Kaitlyn Dever has loads of charisma and there's something about Loretta's character, she feels like such a good example of the magnetic pull of Harlan's underworld. 

Yeah, Loretta has always been a much more interesting chracter than Ava, played by a superior actor, and the writers would have been best served, for several seasons, by keeping that in mind. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I would agree with that entirely. Too much focus on Ava, I would have preferred so much more Raylan and Boyd.

You'd think, with all this focus on it though, Boyd and Ava would have to have at least one final scene together, but based on the previews, I'm wondering if Boyd ever makes it out of that cabin.

By the way, is the finale longer? Like, at least an hour and a half maybe?

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1

As soon as I saw Bob, I was afraid that Boyd would kill him. I loved his warning Ava off trying to seduce him, and then trying to offer some small amount of comfort with the mocha latte air freshener. I really hope that he doesn't die.

"How am I supposed to take that?"

"As me, aiming to kill you." 

I can't believe next week is the last episode. :( It'll air on my birthday, so I'll probably watch it on Wednesday morning. 

• Love 2

Boyd went from 0 to killing everyone in sight really quick these last few episodes. 

I loved the glow in the dark teeth line. LOL Boyd and Raylan are just great together, will miss their scenes.  

Raylan has a next of kin, he has a child. Wouldn't it have made more sense to leave the property to her so it could be sold to provide for his child if he won't be around?

• Love 2

Yay for the return of Constable Bob and the Gremlin! I know we were supposed to take it as heartless that Raylan said Bob could take care of himself, but I think he mostly meant it as a compliment because he saw the beating that Bob survived. He knows that Constable Bob might seem like a bumbling idiot but he is actually tough as nails.

ITA that Loretta is a more interesting character than Ava and she is portrayed by a better actress. All the focus on Ava this season was tiresome but I guess we were supposed to see Raylan protecting her and warning her about being sent back to jail as one of the spots left in his humanity. I get it but I wish they had been able to achieve that without giving her so much screen time.

Raylan and Boyd are so great together, even when they're trying to kill each other. I think that if one of them dies, the other will always feel that keen absence for the rest of his life.

I was fine with Raylan leaving Arlo's house and land to that guy. He was trying to right a wrong. And just because he has a child doesn't mean that he has to hang onto that property for her. My parents didn't have a bunch of land to leave me and I think I turned out okay! I think Raylan wouldn't want her to have it anyway since it's tainted by the spirit of Arlo.

• Love 3

What did Ava drop in the dirt when the shady cops hauled her off?  I rewound it twice and it looked like a mic pack, and that can't be it.

Dewey's necklace. 

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that Sam Elliot brought all sorts of scary to Avery Markham last night.  I really don't think Boon is scary at all - just uber annoying - but Avery Markham is as scary as Mags was in her heyday. 

I don't see Raylan wanting his daughter having any ties to Harlan county beyond her father. And maybe he thinks that place is cursed. Who knows?

• Love 5
(edited)

Did I see correctly that Wynn paid the transportation woman with Katherine's diamond tennis bracelet, which he had hidden in some innocuous looking thing in his box of belongings?  That would imply he got it off K's body before the 911 folks arrived last episode -- or did he have another opportunity?

Zachariah, even though you were stupid, you were honorable in the end.  Always let the enemy come to you.  At least Boyd didn't have to deal with various bits and bodily fluids this time.

Z should have talked less -- he gave Boyd time to get far enough away from him before the dynamite blast to except serious injury.  But damn, Boyd had a bullet removed from just above his lung something like 24 to 36 hours ago and seems to be suffering no effects from that other than a twinge when he landed on that shoulder after the blast.  He also likely hasn't eaten in quite a while.  He's becoming a bit like the Energizer Bunny!

Edited by Inquisitionist
  • Love 2
Did I see correctly that Wynn paid the transportation woman with Katherine's diamond tennis bracelet, which he had hidden in some innocuous looking thing in his box of belongings?  That would imply he got it off K's body before the 911 folks arrived last episode -- or did he have another opportunity?

Yes, there was a tube in the box of belongings that were confiscated from his motor home. When Vazquez picked it up, Wynn said that it was prescription toothpaste because he has sensitive gums. He later ripped the tube open and removed Katherine's bracelet which he saw on the floor last week after Mikey killed her.

• Love 3
(edited)
Shea Whigham has a hell of an agent.  He's managed to get himself on Boardwalk Empire, True Detective, Agent Cater, and now this

Don't forget Silver Linings Playbook. He was BCoop's brother. 

Anybody else think Ava was calling Avery?  How else would those deputies on Avery's payroll know where she was so easily?  

I would be down for a spin off with Tim.  I'm going to miss him as much as Raylan when this is over.  I really hope Loretta kills Boon. A friend said he thought Raylan will, but it would be much more satisfying for Loretta to get to do it.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2

Yes, there was a tube in the box of belongings that were confiscated from his motor home. When Vazquez picked it up, Wynn said that it was prescription toothpaste because he has sensitive gums. He later ripped the tube open and removed Katherine's bracelet which he saw on the floor last week after Mikey killed her.

Not only the bracelet, but that honking ring, Avery put on her finger. Which makes me wonder if Avery might not want his 'goddamn' ring to go with his 'goddamn' money.

"It smells like a mocha latte."

Not only is this a funny line on paper, Oswalt's delivery just laid me out flat.

I believe that Loretta's gonna get to kill Boon. If she gets to do so by using Jenny, well, so much the better. I'd been holding on to the hope that she'd end the series sittin' in a rocking chair on Arlo's porch, sippin' (non-poisoned) Apple Pie, and contentedly surveyin' her Weed Empire, but now that Raylan seems to have given the house to Cope, at least part of that hope is dashed. But Cope could still sell to her, right?  Fingers crossed!

I think it's very handy that Shea Wigham's son had button-front shirts in exactly the blinding shade of white Boyd prefers. No hill country plaid for him, no sirree!

Disappointing that Zachariah didn't announce his suicide with a hearty "Fire in the hole!"

The camera work for the Reveal of the Gremlin of Justice was perfect. Was there an actual trumpet flourish to accompany it, or was that just my imagination filling in?

• Love 5

Was that the bridge into Noble Holler that Ava was on? Going to Limehouse makes sense, even tho he DID tell her to fuck off a few episodes back, she is carrying enough money to change his mind Im sure.

Vasquez has only himself to blame for this FUBAR. He has in the past thought that Raylan was in Boyd's pocket...and at best knows how obsessed Raylan is with Boyd. Plus making Raylan the handler to his former lover.....not sure what he expected. If they were going to go after Boyd, they should have sent Raylan to Florida first. Of course there would be

no drama to that :).

Boyd is beyond redemption now, which is sad as I have always rooted for him...., so he will end his story, not with the audience baying for his blood, but with us regretful about the life his COULD have had. And that is down to Walton Goggins amazing performance.

• Love 4
(edited)

Seeing Shea Whigham and Walton Goggins share those scenes together make me even more eager to see what they'll do when they co-star with Danny Mc Bride in "Vice Principals"

Whigham's speech where his character "blew smoke" and praised Boyd was something else.  "Shit, son, you smart, articulate, strong. The way you look, the way you talk, ain't nobody expect nothing from you. Then you unleash and they cannot deny. Ain't too much to call you a hero."

Just great, great writing there. And, come on, Boyd's monologue-- Walton Goggins, man.  I love that guy. If he doesn't at least get one Emmy nomination this season. ( He could conceivably get two between Justified and Sons of Anarchy) something's wrong, 

Tim, Constable Bob also great, and I agree with everyone else who's written that Lo-retta is infinitely more interesting than Ava.  I've been saying it all along, but last night's episode again confirmed that Joelle Carter isn't the greatest actress by any stretch.

Also, who do you think Ava called?  I think Duffy's too easy a choice.  Seeing her leave Dewey's necklace as a breadcrumb trail of sorts, was interesting, but what's more interesting, at least to me, is how it could play into next week's episode.  Is it meant for Raylan  or for Boyd to find?

Edited by Febgirl
  • Love 3

To be clear though, it wasn't the Seld-M-Break Plastic Ties that broke, so much as the Gremlin Jesus Bar Ava was tied to.

Add me to the list of those who hope Boone dies a horrible castrating death by Loretta's wiles.

I have no idea how they're going to wrap this up in only one more episode. I will miss this show, so well done.

• Love 3

I was kinda hoping Ava was calling Wynn Duffy, and they will ride off together in a used Pet Grooming van with a shitload of money. *grin* Second choice is that, as someone said above, Loretta ends up with the cash as capital for her new weed empire.

I keep trying to pick out scenes I liked so I can rave about them, but they were all so good. That back and forth between Boyd and the red truck guy was pure gold, though. Pure gold.

And please, show, would you give that sombitch Vasquez a suitable crushing in the end? (well done, Tim, in the meantime)

• Love 3

Walton Goggins delivers every single time.  I liked Raylan's line about Boyd's teeth, and Raylan has some pretty teeth of his own, but I really liked Boyd's response when he thought Raylan would leave Bob to die if it meant he got to kill Boyd, "Well then Raylan, you have already lost."

My money is on Loretta killing Boon.  Markham is trying to kill Raylan, Boyd takes the bullet, and then Raylan kills Markham.  Duffy living or dying is up in the air.

Tim is hilarious.  "Your attitude is not helpful.  So negative."

I didn't think I could love Tim any more than I already do but his attitude towards Vasquez was great--so indifferent towards his little temper tantrum.  Love.

Vasquez has only himself to blame for this FUBAR. He has in the past thought that Raylan was in Boyd's pocket...and at best knows how obsessed Raylan is with Boyd. Plus making Raylan the handler to his former lover.....not sure what he expected. If they were going to go after Boyd, they should have sent Raylan to Florida first. Of course there would be

no drama to that :).

This has bugged me for a while....  Last season wasn't Raylan all set to go to Florida but Vasquez and Rachel made him stay to get Boyd?  Or am I remembering that wrong?  Either way, I agree, they really can't blame anyone but themselves.  They've met Raylan before, they should have known exactly what he would do.  I was willing to overlook that dumb decision when it looked like they were trying to go after Raylan too but that doesn't seem like it's the case anymore.  

I was really happy when Raylan gave up his Boyd hunt to save Bob because it felt like the old Raylan I loved was back.  But then I realized he probably wouldn't have if Boyd hadn't disappeared.  But still, he called it in instead of dumping Bob anonymously at the ER so I guess that's something?

I can't fathom how they're going to pull off the finale.  Not a whole lot actually happened this week and now they've got to tie up pretty much every single story line in an hour?  It's going to be bonkers.

• Love 2

They managed to make Boyd go from a character I loved and was rooting for to survive to one I don't mind is sure to die now in the span of a few episodes.  So it will be justified when Raylan kills him.

That was an excellent actor whose character was killed by Boyd in this episode. Very impressive.

• Love 2

What I don't understand -- and maybe it was explained earlier in the season -- is why Avery Markham brought $10 million in cash to Harlan.  Is it dirty money, and that's why he can't deposit it in a bank, or several banks?  And if it's dirty money, why do the feds care if Boyd (or anyone) steals it?  Seems like the cash was just a trap for Boyd, a writer's trap. 

• Love 2

What I don't understand -- and maybe it was explained earlier in the season -- is why Avery Markham brought $10 million in cash to Harlan.  Is it dirty money, and that's why he can't deposit it in a bank, or several banks?  And if it's dirty money, why do the feds care if Boyd (or anyone) steals it?  Seems like the cash was just a trap for Boyd, a writer's trap. 

Not that it's dirty, but rather, the weed business itself isn't regulated on a federal level, just a state level. So, those in the business can't use regulated outlets like banks to house their money.

(edited)

I was fine with Raylan leaving Arlo's house and land to that guy. He was trying to right a wrong. And just because he has a child doesn't mean that he has to hang onto that property for her. My parents didn't have a bunch of land to leave me and I think I turned out okay! I think Raylan wouldn't want her to have it anyway since it's tainted by the spirit of Arlo.

He was trying to sell it himself, so he was trying to get something from it.

He didn't need to hold onto the property, he could have left it to her on the request it be sold and she gets the money for her future. Raylan hasn't done anything to provide for his child at all. If he doesn't make it, the land being sold to give to her the proceeds, could have at least been one thing he could have done to help Winona provide and think longer term for his daughter.

Edited by Artsda

Raylan hasn't done anything to provide for his child at all. If he doesn't make it, the land being sold to give to her the proceeds, could have at least been one thing he could have done to help Winona provide and think longer term for his daughter.

It's possible his daughter is a beneficiary to some sort of Marshall life insurance policy to those killed in the line of duty.  He's in trouble now but if he were killed, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that any prosecution would go away and they'd let the money go.

• Love 3