Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Raising the Roof

• Start Topic

So ...

Craig's a disaster, but wins points for his liberal use of air-quotes about Whitney's "girlfriend" in "Europe."

Whitney's making himself look terrible by being catty about a 21-year-old because of his jealousy over his true wuv Thomas.

Thomas is making himself look like a cad, and the commercial didn't help. As Kathryn said, 1. Lame 2. Ew.

Kathryn gives epic side-eye.

Cameran's the best, even at faking homemade dinner using Stouffer's entrees.

Landon's scene with her sister on the boat wasted precious airtime that could've been spent with my other characters.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 10

Guess Landon's youngest sister doesn't want to be on TV.  Little miss blurry face. 

Cooper's fashions are interesting.  Craig is really lacking in the work ethic.  Doesn't want to study for the bar.  Doesn't really like to show up to work before 3pm.  Now wants to model instead of lawyer-ing. 

Jennifer is so harsh looking.  I kinda like Kathryn's hair in the outdoor cafe scene.  It was very Bump-It like.

The commercials were interesting.  Does Whitney really believe they are helpful? 

I have a nickel for you Shep.

• Love 6
Jennifer is so harsh looking.  I kinda like Kathryn's hair in the outdoor cafe scene.  It was very Bump-It like.

Jennifer is the epitome of a "butterface"--everything looks good but 'er face.  She appears to have a great body, but ugh! Her face and hair! She could use better haircut/color, and someone with non-existant lips shouldn't be troweling the harsh lipstick.  Cameran's a natural beauty, but maybe she can help out old Jen with someone makeup and styling tips.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2

In the abstract, I don't find Thomas's Senate aspirations as completely unrealistic as some others. In other threads, there were questions about why he didn't try to first win an office of lesser stature and then build upon that; I believe he addressed this last season - South Carolina's Constitution precludes candidates for statewide posts like Treasurer from having any felonies on record. I assume this applies to state legislative positions as well. He doesn't really have any choices beyond federal offices, and, with his name recognition and family connections, it's not totally unbelievable that he could have launched a comeback - Mark Sanford is back in Congress after multiple scandals, including a Thomasesque breakup with his girlfriend on Facebook; everyone knows what Teddy Kennedy did; and the most popular President in recent history is one who has been accused of multiple sexual assaults - but the strategies for his challenge are totally confounding. I understand what Thomas was trying to do - jockey himself as a Libertarianesque anti-tax figure who could also win Tea Party support - but why would anyone try to take out Lindsey Graham as an Independent in the general? Why is Whitney producing ads as opposed to a political consulting firm? Why is it "irrational and immature" for Kathryn to point out the lack of logic in the contention that no budget exists for a family spot? Why is Kathryn supposedly embarrassing and a threat to his nominal legitimacy that needs to be secreted away yet it's a good idea to highlight a party boy past by dancing on camera with young girls who aren't the mother of one's infant child? She's actually the only one talking about the campaign on camera who makes any sense whatsoever. Not to mention, her grandfather was a state senator for something like 40 years, and if she had any goodwill from Andre Bauer and company, it's not like she doesn't know how to conduct herself in a networking pseudo-professional capacity.

• Love 5

I couldn't stop laughing at Cameran hiding the Stouffer's box in the trash can.

And licking the potato spoon and putting it back in the pot. At home, we all do that. But don't dare do it on Chopped.

Damned if I didn't used to do the exact same thing when "making dinner" for Mr. SunBun---fellow non-cooking Southern gal here!!

Thank God my husband the actual cook quickly caught on to the ol' frozen food disguised as home cooking trick and spared me anymore attempts of being a good little domestic goddess in the kitchen. Something tells me Cameron's hubby is probably the real cook in that couple too.

But it did make me chuckle to see Cameron being so proudly sneaky on camera about her laughable culinary wizardry, much like back when Kenya on RH of Atlanta disguised her takeout containers of pasta as home cooking for her man, complete with staging a few noodles carefully strewn around an unused pot on her kitchen stove, like she'd been slaving away on some delicious hot meal!!

This was kind of a downer episode though---you can tell that TRav is sooooo over poor Kathryn and her ongoing theatrics. It just looks painful to see them attempting a "date night" when he looks so bored and both of them are awkwardly attempting to make light, cheery conversation.

Landon is almost making me miss Jena. That's saying a lot. She might "fit in" with this group better overall, but at least Jena seemed vaguely interesting and fun style-wise. This chick is just so moody and bland so far, although I appreciate her honesty about divorcing a rich man because she felt lonely and uninspired.

Craig is such a sad vessel of wasted opportunity---here he is, good-looking young fun dude with the chance to use his social circuiting to become a successful and powerful local attorney, yet he obviously only aspires to be another wastoid playboy trust-funder like Shep, Whitney or TRav. That's just sad.

At least Shep is charming, funny and very self-aware/deprecating. He's probably the most likable dude on this show, which is probably why most chicks adore him. Well, that and being a rich, cute and funny dude.

I did giggle over all his commentary on prissy Whitney sharing a beach house with him, especially his question as he helped move his things into their shared beach house, "What's a duvet?"

Oh Shep...don't ever change!

• Love 7

Shep describing his idyllic childhood, and comparing it to Whitney rambling around an empty mansion alone explained so much about their personalities. 

Run, Kathryn, run!  I appreciate that she is generally not into suffering in silence, but I thought she let Jennifer (?) off a little too easy.

Craig, you don't have enough money to live like Shep and Thomas.  Or even Whitney.  Obviously, the law isn't for you.  Perhaps you might consider another line of work because those nights out aren't free.  Once you're broke and unemployed, you won't be able to afford it.

• Love 2

Never thought I would say this, but Kathryn made some good points tonight.  And she wore better clothes.

I laughed out loud when Shep described Whitney as being less of a beach and sun person and more of a bat that hangs upside down in the dark.  The best.

How does Cameran stay so thin eating that garbage?  Those premade mashed potatoes taste horrible to me, and the sodium is off the charts.  I'm not a fan of Stouffer's either, but maybe it could be passable for a minute.  Either way, you cannot eat those things and maintain such a tiny figure.  Maybe she just nibbles on the bagged salad and lets her husband eat most of the other "food".

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 5

Loved Cameran's kitchen! Thomas keeps saying that Katherine is too young but IMO he is the one that still has a lot of growing up to do.  i thought Katherine looked real pretty in all her appearances tonight so last week's Mrs Doubtfire getup was probably just a miss.  

Landon seems sad. Which is nice for reality tv because life is sad sometimes.  Craig is still a waste of space although if he does have those self-image issues I guess he should just go ahead and soak up being popular now and get it out of his system. It ain't hurting anyone but himself. Well, he's hurting me because I love this show, and he's on it.

Patricia has the doggie stroller that I am very tempted to buy! I have a little dog who doesn't like to take her walk in the afternoon but I always suspected she would like going out in a stroller! I'm just not rich or eccentric enough to pull off the doggie in a stroller--yet.

• Love 4

In the abstract, I don't find Thomas's Senate aspirations as completely unrealistic as some others. In other threads, there were questions about why he didn't try to first win an office of lesser stature and then build upon that; I believe he addressed this last season - South Carolina's Constitution precludes candidates for statewide posts like Treasurer from having any felonies on record. I assume this applies to state legislative positions as well. He doesn't really have any choices beyond federal offices, and, with his name recognition and family connections, it's not totally unbelievable that he could have launched a comeback - Mark Sanford is back in Congress after multiple scandals, including a Thomasesque breakup with his girlfriend on Facebook; everyone knows what Teddy Kennedy did; and the most popular President in recent history is one who has been accused of multiple sexual assaults - but the strategies for his challenge are totally confounding. I understand what Thomas was trying to do - jockey himself as a Libertarianesque anti-tax figure who could also win Tea Party support - but why would anyone try to take out Lindsey Graham as an Independent in the general? Why is Whitney producing ads as opposed to a political consulting firm? Why is it "irrational and immature" for Kathryn to point out the lack of logic in the contention that no budget exists for a family spot? Why is Kathryn supposedly embarrassing and a threat to his nominal legitimacy that needs to be secreted away yet it's a good idea to highlight a party boy past by dancing on camera with young girls who aren't the mother of one's infant child? She's actually the only one talking about the campaign on camera who makes any sense whatsoever. Not to mention, her grandfather was a state senator for something like 40 years, and if she had any goodwill from Andre Bauer and company, it's not like she doesn't know how to conduct herself in a networking pseudo-professional capacity.

"Scandals" and "accusations" do not felonies make. If you want to he elected, you have to convince people that you care about them. TRav will never accomplish this.

Every time I hear his name, I start hearing "Make Believe."

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 1

... it's not totally unbelievable that he could have launched a comeback - Mark Sanford is back in Congress after multiple scandals, including a Thomasesque breakup with his girlfriend on Facebook; everyone knows what Teddy Kennedy did; and the most popular President in recent history is one who has been accused of multiple sexual assaults...

I understand what you're saying here, but I think the biggest difference between these examples and Thomas's situation is that these men didn't live in and do these things during the heyday of social media. With social media as massive and 'round-the-clock as it is today, there's not one second when Thomas's indiscretions aren't shoved in peoples' faces; there's not one second where his every misstep isn't highlighted or the furor over what he's done isn't given a chance to die down and quietly go away. Thomas even stupidly contributes to it himself on Facebook and Twitter and is too short-sighted and blinded by the stars in his eyes to see that he is a major reason for his downfall. Can you imagine if Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, or Clarence Thomas used Facebook and Twitter in such a manner during their scandals? They wouldn't have accomplished nearly half of what they have done.

It truly baffles me that despite his astronomically slim chances that he would ever win an election, Thomas or his hired campaign manager/strategist thought it would be a good idea to go on "Southern Charm." Without the show, no one would see or know exactly how big of a slimy dickbag he can be. His present personal life could've stayed behind closed doors for the most part. I know that there are so many politicians out there who are much like him and worse, but they are smart enough not to voluntarily put it all out on public display.

As for Whitney directing his commercials... HAHAHA! He's a "film maker"? Bullshit, Whitney. "Directing" a film or two doesn't mean you're good directing movies, commercials, or even fucking traffic and should continue doing so. (Case in point: Thomas's campaign ad.) Some random dude could be hired to direct traffic in the parking lot of a major arena or stadium, but that doesn't mean he'd be good at becoming a cop and directing traffic as one as a career.

The "Raise the Roof" campaign ad was definitely one of the stupidest and least effective ways to do damage control to his reputation, and if I didn't know better, I'd think Whitney is doing it on purpose to make Thomas look even worse than he already does. Doesn't Thomas have a competent campaign manager that could have derailed that idea the second anyone came up with it, before the oh-so-skilled Hollywood guys wasted a precious minute filming it? If his campaign manager heard about it before it was shot and didn't nix it, then Thomas needs to demand that he get his money back for the useless campaign management.

If they really wanted to stick to the "I will not raise your taxes!" angle, there are a million other ideas that they could've done that were less scandalous and less sophomoric. Hell, these are just a few ideas off the top of my head:

• "Thomas Ravenel may be known for having raised some eyebrows [cue shot of Thomas in town shaking the hands of random constituents while some skeptical citizens look on with raised eyebrows], but he won't raise your taxes!"
  • "Thomas Ravenel is a proud American who raises his flag everyday [cue shot of Thomas raising a flag in his yard or with a bunch of school children in front of an elementary school] to show his pride in working hard to get what you want in our fine state of South Carolina, but he won't raise your taxes, too!"
  • "Thomas Ravenel is proud to raise his family alongside so many hard working citizens of South Carolina [cue the shot of Thomas gently tossing baby Kensie in the air at an iconic spot in Charleston while Kathryn proudly and happily looks on next to them], but he won't raise your taxes!"

Thank you, I expect my check in the mail as your next campaign manager, TRav, the next time you feel like throwing some more good money away on a hopeless election campaign. I may not help you win, but at least you won't look like the complete asshat that you are and Whitney works so hard to make others see.

Good on Kathryn for calling total bullshit on not having the "budget" for a family scene. What exactly did Thomas think would be so expensive to show his small, young family on camera? You're not renting out the White House with a catered affair here. That dumb 15 seconds of partying surely cost more, especially in time, than it would've cost to shoot Kathryn and Kensie for free. My last commercial idea noted above would've easily filled that angle!

I see people comment a lot on Kathryn's hairstyles. Every time I see her with poofy or crazy hair, I feel like she is totally trying to emulate the singer, Adele, with her style: https://www.google.com/search?q=Adele&biw=1388&bih=763&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ajoaVZ3HNMOjgwTv_4KQBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

A big, laughing "What the fuck?" to Cameran's mom's "bag of trinkets" for her future grandkids! That is definitely a bag of crap as Cameran stated and it makes me wonder how Cameran survived as a child by not choking if her mom thinks those things were acceptable toys for kids. But hey, then again, kids really do end up liking to play with the most random things (e.g., empty boxes, pots and pans, etc.) instead of the million more expensive toys they have laying around. Haha.

I cannot take seriously Patricia or anyone else I've seen who pushes a pet around in a baby stroller. I realize some of these pets have had surgery or are hurt in some way, but there has to be something that looks much less "Baby Jane" in a padded cell way to get their animals to and fro.

Speaking of Patricia, she can take potshots at Kathryn or anyone else all the live long day, but what does she have to show for her successful parenting skills? Whitney, an emotionally stunted and immature 47-year-old prima donna douchenozzle who is stuck on thinking he is the ultimate Hollywood badboy rockstar who doesn't need to work a day in his life to make money or score chicks. Yeah, what a mighty fine job you did there, Patricia. Maybe you should've spent less time on finding wealthy men to marry and mooch off of and hiring people who can make the perfect martini and more time trying to guide your only child into a more productive life.

By the way, Whitney, your "singing" SUCKS.

I know I've already written way too much and it's late and I'm tired, so I'll get into Shep, Landon, and Craig another time. Until then, I continue to love Cameran. That is all.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 21

How are these guys renting a fully-furnished million plus condo? The sellers can't sell this place in Beverly Hills, South Carolina? No houses for sale in the real BH go begging.

Kathryn is such a naturally beautiful girl -- the red hair alone! and she does herself up like a matron and spends time jealous of buttface whatsername?

Look in the mirror and wake up. In the immortal words of Stephen Sondheim, "no make-up, dress in white, she'll (your rival) will be hopelessly shattered by Saturday night." Her mistake was that the baby was a girl. A boy would have gained the ring.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 2

That beach house is someone's rental property. And they agreed to let the show use it in hopes someone might buy it, perhaps? I guess they didn't count on a couple of party boys who aren't good housekeepers moving in.

Anyone here think that Jennifer didn't sleep with T-Rav? Anyone?..... Anyone?..... Bueller?

She is a lousy liar and got caught like a deer in the headlights.

Also, Cameran, dear..... if you're making lasagna, you don't need mashed potatoes. That's two starches on the plate. Yes, I know, the salad is your green vegetable, but next time think about checking out the frozen veggie section to find something besides potatoes.

• Love 1

Jennifer stuttering and stammering her way through a non-answer to Kathryn's question said it all.  :-)

ETA: TRav should've hired you for his campaign ads, LIGirl.  Brilliant! 

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4

Honey, this is the south! Potatoes are a vegetable. See also: Mac and cheese, rice, cornbread dressing... ;)

Believe me I know, I live down here, born and raised in WNC. But as calorie concious as I'm sure she is, not to mention a doctor's wife....she needs to at least learn how to make collard greens! :)

• Love 5

Can someone clarify what Shep said about weight limit?  I think he said there was no weight limit?

I was too disgusted to hear what he said due to Whitney's passé comment about no fat chicks - this is not 1987.

The only reason he plays in a band so he feels justified in wearing cliché rocker clothes.

Oh and he should ease off the Botox as his eyebrows are resembling the Joker.

• Love 2

Speaking of Patricia, she can take potshots at Kathryn or anyone else all the live long day, but what does she have to show for her successful parenting skills? Whitney, an emotionally stunted and immature 47-year-old prima donna douchenozzle who is stuck on thinking he is the ultimate Hollywood badboy rockstar who doesn't need to work a day in his life to make money or score chicks. Yeah, what a mighty fine job you did there, Patricia. Maybe you should've spent less time on finding wealthy men to marry and mooch off of and hiring people who can make the perfect martini and more time trying to guide your only child into a more productive life.

MTE. For all of Patricia's criticisms, let's be real - Kathryn is 22 and has ample time to right her ship. The ship has sailed on Whitney. He's lame and will remain lame.

• Love 11

Can someone clarify what Shep said about weight limit? I think he said there was no weight limit?

When Whitney said "No fat chicks" Shep laughed and asked "Is there a weight limit?" That's all that was said about it, thankfully.

• Love 2

I laughed out loud when Shep described Whitney as being less of a beach and sun person and more of a bat that hangs upside down in the dark.  The best.

Me too.  And I snorted when he threw out Nosferatu after that little pause.  God, I love him.

When Whitney said "No fat chicks" Shep laughed and asked "Is there a weight limit?" That's all that was said about it, thankfully.

And that was when I got nervous that I wasn't going to be able to love him anymore.  Yes, thankfully he did not take it any further and the expression on his face was sufficiently WTF that I could forgive him.

• Love 4

Honey, this is the south! Potatoes are a vegetable. See also: Mac and cheese, rice, cornbread dressing... ;)

Oh my, a Southern Mom and numerous southern aunts here.  I thought Potatoes were a vegetable throughout my childhood. Seriously!

• Love 4

Kathryn seems perpetually upset and depressed, which is really a shame because she has a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

I was a 20-year-old single mom, without her wonderful lifestyle (think no family support, a waitress job, baby in daycare, small apartment, no nights out), and having my wonderful son made everything better.

Unfortunately, I think she might have a naturally dour personality. Or she is spoiled beyond words. She is not desperate. I do not think her family would desert her.

Find a reason to smile, Kathryn, if only for your sweet daughter, if only because of your sweet daughter! Single motherhood can have a happy ending--mine did--but you will need to try. It's not all about you anymore, honey child.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 5

I'm just a tiny bit surprised Cameran doesn't know how to cook because girl sure does love to eat. That's one thing I love about this show and Shahs of Sunset. People eat and love food.

You should watch Real Housewives of Atlanta. Kandi Buruss hasn't missed a meal during any scene. Even at a group therapy session.

I want Kathryn to be more likeable on this show, because I do think she's a good mom. But her silly obsession with Thomas overshadows that. And her wanting to be in town so she can go out with her friends doesn't help. I had a friend who didn't want to give up her party lifestyle when she had her son. She missed not only his first word but his first steps, because she was away on a weekend with friends. Several times. I'd hate for Kathryn to go down that road.

• Love 2

You should watch Real Housewives of Atlanta. Kandi Buruss hasn't missed a meal during any scene. Even at a group therapy session.

I want Kathryn to be more likeable on this show, because I do think she's a good mom. But her silly obsession with Thomas overshadows that. And her wanting to be in town so she can go out with her friends doesn't help. I had a friend who didn't want to give up her party lifestyle when she had her son. She missed not only his first word but his first steps, because she was away on a weekend with friends. Several times. I'd hate for Kathryn to go down that road.

I do watch the RHOA, but Khandi eats a lot of unhealthy crap. It shows and is why she found the simple yoga class so impossible. 

I can't fault Kathryn for not wanting to live on the plantation, where she doesn't even have any neighbors. She does need to be closer to town even if it's not downtown. I hope she has enough sense to not let moving closer to the action turn her into a party girl and if that's really what she wanted she could have left the baby with the nanny and gone to hang out with her friends.

Craig is the one who really needs an intervention. His youth and alleged good looks won't last forever and he should be at least studying for the bar even if he does it at a leisurely pace. As Cameran points out, he doesn't have the resources that Shep, Thomas and Whitney do. And he can forget getting into a white shoe firm with this silly behavior and total lack of a work ethic, which is where the big money is. He's acting like a 21-year-old, which at 26 doesn't quite fly.

• Love 2

Why all the hate on Jennifer? I don't know if Kathryn thought she was catching her in some "duh duh duuuh!" moment, but is there anyone who hasn't assumed that Thomas and Jennifer have hooked up at some point? And remained friends afterwards? Thomas is a 51 year old man who's single, rich, (arguably) handsome, well-connected, all that. And Charleston is a small town, so Kathryn is probably running into Thomas' "friends" all over the place, whether she knows it or not. In fact, but for her pregnancy, she herself would be one of those former hookups around town. And it's not like Thomas has done anything to dispel that notion. That's why he keeps her and the baby holed up on the plantation out of town, instead of a family home for the three of them. That's why he shows up at the dinner party separately from her. He makes absolutely (at least from what we've been shown) no public declarations of the two of them as a couple. Marriage would be the ultimate, but heck, he doesn't even really put her out there as his serious girlfriend! I almost wouldn't blame any woman who thought that Thomas was still available, but I suspect that most of the women he's been with already know that their time with him won't be long. Kathryn can run around town confronting every woman she suspects of having been with Thomas, but until Thomas is ready to stop all that, she's just wasting her time. 

Guys, put a condom on it, every time. Then you too can avoid the train wreck that is Thomas and Kathryn.

• Love 1
And Charleston is a small town, so Kathryn is probably running into Thomas' "friends" all over the place, whether she knows it or not.

I'm sure Kathryn knows Thomas has hooked up with as many of the women of Charleston as would have him.  That's exactly why she is so concerned about it.  And the thing with Jennifer is that Thomas is essentially throwing Jennifer in Kathryn's face and hasn't told her the full truth of what went on between them.

It would be different if Thomas and Kathryn ran into Jennifer at a party, but Thomas invited her to his campaign announcement to his friends and never bothered to tell Kathryn she was a former flame nor that he'd invited her to be there before she walked in.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

The editing was so wonky when Jennifer was "admitting" that she had possibly maybe been intimate at some point in the past with Thomas. I felt like the dialogue had been intentionally chopped up to make it seem like she was hiding something when it's likely that she said, well, yes, years ago we had a fling and we stayed friends because later I dated Andre, who worked closely with Thomas, and we've been in the same circles for a long time.

(Aside: I'm still confused about how old Jenn is. I do think she looks to be in her 40s, but she made the joke about her mom being closer in age to Thomas than she was. Of course, if she's 40 and her mom had her at 21, then 61 is closer to 52 than it is to 40.)

What Kathryn seemed most upset about was that Thomas had conversations with Jenn about Kathryn and the relationship and pregnancy. Well, we all have friends whom we confide in, and Kathryn will just have to deal with that. Yes, Thomas was very uncertain about how to handle the situation with Kathryn. We even saw him discuss it on camera with his minister. I also would not feel comfortable around Jenn if I were Kathryn because I'd worry that any conversation would be repeated to Thomas behind my back, or that I was being judged, or just that Jenn is "closer" to Thomas because they have a solid friendship. Unfortunately, it's just another thing they'll have to work out or part over. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

we all have friends whom we confide in, and Kathryn will just have to deal with that. Yes, Thomas was very uncertain about how to handle the situation with Kathryn.

Kathryn seemed upset that he wasn't honest with her about how close they were and its so weird that she didn't even know the guest list for such a small dinner she really has absolutely nothing to do with his life. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

Kathryn seemed upset that he wasn't honest with her about how close they were and its so weird that she didn't even know the guest list for such a small dinner she really has absolutely nothing to do with his life.

Yes, he set her up and who knows it is was for the cameras or just because he's deceptive and didn't want her to know how close he is with Jen. Kathryn tried to discuss it in the car with Thomas, and he sort of apologized. The problem with this "couple" is that they didn't build much of a relationship before she got pregnant. She truly does not know him, nor does he know her. They have so much work to do if they actually want to stay together. Thomas was right that Kathryn is insecure, but it seems he has some sneaky behaviors that don't help her to feel secure.

Why did he push her completely out of his campaign? She has (or was working toward) a degree in Political Science, so she must have something to contribute. He could have helped their relationship by giving her a chance to help him. I guess Whitney threw a hissy fit at that thought, or something.

• Love 2

I'm sure Kathryn knows Thomas has hooked up with as many of the women of Charleston as would have him.  That's exactly why she is so concerned about it.  And the thing with Jennifer is that Thomas is essentially throwing Jennifer in Kathryn's face and hasn't told her the full truth of what went on between them.

It would be different if Thomas and Kathryn ran into Jennifer at a party, but Thomas invited her to his campaign announcement to his friends and never bothered to tell Kathryn she was a former flame nor that he'd invited her to be there before she walked in.

But that's a conversation for Kathryn to have with Thomas, not other women. Knowing whether Thomas and Jennifer's last hookup was 10 years ago or last night won't make a darned bit of difference if Thomas isn't willing to change.Thomas invited Jennifer, not the other way around. And if she had said no, he probably would have brought someone else. Then Kathryn would have been inviting that woman out for drinks and interrogation. Kathryn has got to start focusing on the real problem. If Thomas doesn't really want to be in a relationship, then Kathryn can bare her fangs at every woman in town, but it won't matter. If Thomas doesn't show her or their supposed relationship any respect, who else will?

• Love 2

Kathryn seems perpetually upset and depressed, which is really a shame because she has a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

I was a 20-year-old single mom, without her wonderful lifestyle (think no family support, a waitress job, baby in daycare, small apartment, no nights out), and having my wonderful son made everything better.

Unfortunately, I think she might have a naturally dour personality. Or she is spoiled beyond words. She is not desperate. I do not think her family would desert her.

Find a reason to smile, Kathryn, if only for your sweet daughter, if only because of your sweet daughter! Single motherhood can have a happy ending--mine did--but you will need to try. It's not all about you anymore, honey child.

Yeah, I just can't get on board with all the Kathryn Love. Not that I don't see what a dickhead Thomas is, but you make your bed and all that. At least be grateful for that beautiful child and the fact that, unlike millions of single mothers, you will not have to worry about a roof over her head. At least Thomas is good for that.  

I just find her dour, and quite spoiled. Some of it may be immaturity too, but really. Did anyone honestly think that relationship had a snowball's chance? So just put on your big girl pants and do what's right for your daughter.   Don't bad mouth daddy, don't make her choose, act like the Southern Lady you want to be and live up to your family name. 

I love Shep. I love that he uses terms like Non-Sequitur because he really is more than just a rich beach bum. As an avid viewer of Vanderpump Rules, I couldn't help but think to myself "there's a term you would never, ever hear on VP". If Jax heard it he would probably think it's a sex act.

That's part of the Charm of this show, pun intended. They are mostly chuckleheads, just like on VP. but they are so much classier and more educated chuckleheads.

• Love 4

Maybe Craig should just pursue a modeling career. And I mean that sincerely, not in a snarky way. He's definitely not pursuing his law career in any serious way, at least not right now. And that's not doing himself or his employer any favors. So just let it go and be a great model. Maybe he can get serious and become a lawyer in a few years, when he's ready to be a bit more grown up about it.

• Love 3

I am not a huge Kathryn fan, but I can understand how she would feel hurt (at any age) that Thomas included her friends in her video after saying Kathryn and Kensie would not be involved. Thomas is a jerk. The charm wore off quick for me. 50 and acting 18.

• Love 8

Yep, she had a crappy personality before she hooked up with Thomas and got pregnant.  She slept with Whitney and Shep before TRav, as we know. I wonder if she used birth control at all. It's as if she didn't really care who got her pregnant as long as he was wealthy. I just can't with this stupid girl. 

Maybe Craig should just pursue a modeling career. And I mean that sincerely, not in a snarky way. He's definitely not pursuing his law career in any serious way, at least not right now. And that's not doing himself or his employer any favors. So just let it go and be a great model. Maybe he can get serious and become a lawyer in a few years, when he's ready to be a bit more grown up about it.

26 is too old to start a modeling career. He should have thought about that at age 18. The modeling agents and designers like them young. 

• Love 6

Yep, she had a crappy personality before she hooked up with Thomas and got pregnant. She slept with Whitney and Shep before TRav, as we know. I wonder if she used birth control at all. It's as if she didn't really care who got her pregnant as long as he was wealthy. I just can't with this stupid girl.

Totally agree. I've known girls like Kathryn. Working doesn't appeal to them. Staying at Mom and Dad's forever isn't going to fly either. Gotta get married and he has to be wealthy in order to allow her to stay home, go out and party, and look great all the while.

She's the polar opposite of Cameran.

• Love 6

26 is too old to start a modeling career. He should have thought about that at age 18. The modeling agents and designers like them young. 

For a woman, definitely. But men in that industry seem to be able to start a little later, and also work longer/older.

• Love 1

Yep, she had a crappy personality before she hooked up with Thomas and got pregnant.  She slept with Whitney and Shep before TRav, as we know. I wonder if she used birth control at all. It's as if she didn't really care who got her pregnant as long as he was wealthy. I just can't with this stupid girl.

I despised Kathryn last season so I can't believe I'm about to defend her in any way but here goes . . . yes, she was most definitely stupid for hooking up with three men in the same social circle who were all friends and not using birth control (and she's still stupid for staying with TRav expecting for things to change and get a ring on her finger.)  But the guys were stupid too because birth control shouldn't be solely up to the female.  Maybe she told them she was on birth control and they believed her - - Shep and Whitney anyway.

But TRav had a pregnancy scare with her prior to her getting pregnant and Kathryn was filmed telling Cameran that she wasn't using birth control and if she got pregnant, well, she got pregnant.  They were both playing with fire, acting irresponsibly and not thinking about the true consequences of their actions.

• Love 8
Maybe she told them she was on birth control and they believed her - - Shep and Whitney anyway.

When Kathryn had the pregnancy scare last season, Thomas went to Shep's house and woke him up, lol.  Shep was quick to say, "No, no, I'm not the baby-daddy, I used a condom."

• Love 5

When Kathryn had the pregnancy scare last season, Thomas went to Shep's house and woke him up, lol.  Shep was quick to say, "No, no, I'm not the baby-daddy, I used a condom."

And, as if we needed it, another reason to love Shep!  

• Love 6

Raise the roof?  Wasn't that a thing like 10 years ago?

Good thing Thomas has Whitney to advise him on the trends.

Maybe that was another of Whitney's "winks." Like the margarita machine. Vomit.

I think it's telling Kathryn told Jennifer she doesn't trust"other women." It's exactly the kind of think young 20 something girls say because they haven't figured out that other women are NEVER the problem.

• Love 12

Shep describing his idyllic childhood, and comparing it to Whitney rambling around an empty mansion alone explained so much about their personalities.

It was also very interesting that Whitney's parents are also only children and he has no cousins.  Wow!  I can't even imagine that.  He will truly be alone when his mom passes.

The commercial:  Having Thomas dance around like he's at a party just mimics his conviction for "sharing" his drugs.  A family shot would have been better.  Idiot!

• Love 3

I despised Kathryn last season so I can't believe I'm about to defend her in any way but here goes . . . yes, she was most definitely stupid for hooking up with three men in the same social circle who were all friends and not using birth control (and she's still stupid for staying with TRav expecting for things to change and get a ring on her finger.)  But the guys were stupid too because birth control shouldn't be solely up to the female.  Maybe she told them she was on birth control and they believed her - - Shep and Whitney anyway.

But TRav had a pregnancy scare with her prior to her getting pregnant and Kathryn was filmed telling Cameran that she wasn't using birth control and if she got pregnant, well, she got pregnant.  They were both playing with fire, acting irresponsibly and not thinking about the true consequences of their actions.

Not sure how she can be defended If she lied and told them she was on birth control. If that is true, and granted we don't really know, it proves to me that she is more of a conniving, deceitful woman than I originally thought. You don't toy with people when a baby could be the outcome of your selfish acts. Yes, TRav is a douche, but she deserves it.  She should have taken some lessons from Kim Zolciak on how to trap a man and get that ring! 

• Love 1

Kathryn was filmed telling Cameran that she wasn't using birth control and if she got pregnant, well, she got pregnant.  They were both playing with fire, acting irresponsibly and not thinking about the true consequences of their actions.

I thought Cam asked a follow up question about what TRav thought about not using birthcontrol and Kathryn said something along the lines of he was onboard because they were 'soulmates' and it would just accelerate things. I was left with the impression that after the scare they talked and as a couple agreed not to use birthcontrol. Does anyone remember how the convo went down?