Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

“Caught the vision?”

Words from Jill's up line, the people who are profiting from Jill's efforts to suck people into this expensive vitamin sales scheme. 

Jill's standing-by-the-ocean-and-hovering-over-Jerusalem doctored photo is certainly making the rounds. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Sadie might see a dentist when it’s time to marry her off. Before that not a chance. There is no need to spend $ on Rod kids according to their parents.

Didn't Jill grift braces for the older girls? Come on, Jill, don't let your grifting game slip!

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes she did. But that was in WV. Different game in Amish country.

As I recall, the older kids got free braces from a fundy orthodontist down there. She thanked him once on her blog, I think.  That's a mighty big grift; she's going to have a tough time finding an Ohio orthodontist willing to do thousands of dollars worth of orthodontia on her younger kids for free.

• Love 5

I have a feeling Jill does everything she can to limit her kids' contact with mandated reporters. The Fundie orthodontist probably ignored tell-tale signs of malnutrition in the Rodlets' teeth whereas a normal practitioner won't give Jill that benefit.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I feel pretty confident that the kids are on Medicaid. Ohio should cover some dental expenses.

I believe there is coverage for orthodontia in cases where it is deemed medically necessary.  I have no idea what the criteria would be, but, chances are, it is pretty strict.  She would also have to find an orthodontist who participates in Medicaid and I'll bet many of them don't.

Also, as others have noted, I think Jill is very cautious not to take her kids to regular medical care providers lest someone call the county DCFS about the unhealthy appearance of her kids.

• Love 11

I don't think we have seen any of the rod kids visit a children's pediatrician dr since they have been in OH.

Sammers got the Smile Direct Club ortho. Phillip and Gabriel most likely got their glasses from an online site or the dollar store.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

If I ever told Mr. Grey I loved gazing at the back of his head while en route to Cracker Barrel, thanking God for him as a blessing as I admired his scalp, he'd chew off his own arm to get away.

My husband would take me for a psych eval. 

• LOL 19

Regarding Jill and Plexus:  On Reddit last week, there was a thread titled “Apparently Jillpm is about to hit Senior Gold in Plexus.” I don’t have an account so I can’t link to it. On the third image, it says at the bottom, in very small print, that the average annual salary for all ambassadors in 2020 was 678.94 US dollars.  Unless I am misunderstanding something, Jill is probably making very little from Plexus. I screen shot the image but I still get confused on what is ok to post here from Reddit.

Edited by EVS
  • Useful 3
6 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

On Jill R's Facebook she has a post about taking lunch to Timothy at his job at the airport.  It looks to be a rather small one like our local county airport. 

So… does that mean TimBits lost his other job? And that is how he was able to have a one month vacation with the fam? And he now works at an airport? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

Well, I’m glad for him that at least he’s working, and in a field he’s interested in. I hope he enjoys it and learns a lot, even if he doesn’t become a missionary pilot. 

I wonder if he's at the airport on his days off from the job he had for a while at the (I think) senior care facility? Or did he quit that job entirely to work in some capacity at the airport? 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 3

I guess Timbits has redeemed himself in JillR’s eyes. He must have spent all his $$ on vacation, souvenirs for BME, dinners out and new decor from Magnolia. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear he changed jobs and took a month off in between. Has school started for the Rodlets yet?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Or did he quit that job entirely to work in some capacity at the airport? 

My guess is he was probably fired (and rightfully so) for the insensitive things he posted about that job. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

My guess is he was probably fired (and rightfully so) for the insensitive things he posted about that job. 

Oh, I totally forgot about that! However, that was months ago, and I think Timbits made one of his YouTube videos from the breakroom after he made those statements. His last couple of videos were shot in his camper, but that could be explained by his not feeling comfortable shooting on his lunchbreak. 

IOW, it's almost impossible to say when, or if, he left his full-time job. For all we know, he just works at the airport on Saturdays. We all know that Jill posts weeks after the fact. Who knows when this lunchdate happened?

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

I didn't realize he'd posted anything from there after that, which does surprise me. Though you're right about Jill's posting being so far behind nothing is a clear indication of timing. 

• Love 3
On 8/29/2021 at 7:30 AM, ginger90 said:

5F9F283A-0E34-4DAB-B6E8-598C52493B27.jpeg

DDD7CDF7-0D35-4D14-A036-CFBB264915A9.jpeg

I do not know what it means to “present ministry.” Trot out a few tracts so folks can see what an awesome job GWE does printing? Present her starving waifs as proof of how well Plexus gives your children vibrancy?

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9B71E2AF-C9A0-4F6F-9828-8F9509B70A4B.jpeg

CEB05929-D589-4AD2-A958-944E3EB21B92.jpeg

I don’t get why she would do this. Why basically give out where he’s working?

So the paparazzi can rush over! So the hordes of eligible modest God fearing young ladies can see in person what a catch he is?

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 7

What a bag of wind Jill Rodrigues is. Moody's rates were clearly posted on the website, and an admissions counselor would have been upfront about costs. I really doubt a professor threw Tim's Bible in the trash. Granted, the professor may have been thinking about throwing it at Tim to get him to shut up, but he wouldn't have done that either. 

What Jill doesn't want to say is that Tim's SEVERELY POOR homeschooling made college impossible, and Jill didn't want to pay for remedial courses that would have added to the time he would have been there. 

Tim never got anywhere at the community college in Wisconsin either, but he at least he learned to pilot a small plane. Too bad Jill is possibly better at selling Plexus than educating her children and preparing them for life. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What a bag of wind Jill Rodrigues is. Moody's rates were clearly posted on the website, and an admissions counselor would have been upfront about costs. I really doubt a professor threw Tim's Bible in the trash. Granted, the professor may have been thinking about throwing it at Tim to get him to shut up, but he wouldn't have done that either. 

What Jill doesn't want to say is that Tim's SEVERELY POOR homeschooling made college impossible, and Jill didn't want to pay for remedial courses that would have added to the time he would have been there. 

Tim never got anywhere at the community college in Wisconsin either, but he at least he learned to pilot a small plane. Too bad Jill is possibly better at selling Plexus than educating her children and preparing them for life. 

Yep, while Jill claimed they asked repeatedly about the cost of the education at Moody and never received an answer, I spent less than a minute on the website and found a very clear breakdown of the yearly fees based on aviation related field of study.  And, not surprisingly, as a student progresses, spending more and more time flying aircraft and achieving various certifications; the cost of providing that education increases as do the fees.  I am sure that they also received this information in writing at the time they visited the school.  Jill has shown us time and again however that she is barely functionally literate, so she might not have been able to understand the information.

Moody might be expensive, but they don't try to hide it.

Timbits utter failure to get anything resembling a college education in the 3+ years since his 'graduation' from Jill's homeschool is proof enough that it wasn't the cost that was the problem.  Since he returned from Wisconsin quite a while back, there has not been a single mention of his enrollment in any sort of higher learning; just some references to various Christian men who had pilots' licenses who were going to take him flying.

I suspect he is no closer to becoming a missionary pilot than he was 3 years ago.  And he will be no closer in 30 years, either.

There are a lot of private airports out in the countryside, it looks like Tim is working at one of those.  I had a friend whose son wanted to be an airline pilot and he worked at a local private airport, cleaning planes, answering the phones, running errands in exchange for a small paycheck and instructional time in the air.  He was 15 though, not 22.  And, when it was time to go to college, he went to one with an excellent commercial aviation program, studied hard and got his degree.  He now works as a pilot for United.

Of course, Tim could get pilot's training completely free if he would join the Air Force or Navy.  Not that he'd be able to beat the competition for a space in their programs; I am sure he'd never make it past the preliminaries.  Not that Jill would ever allow him to leave her side long enough to serve in the first place.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Tennessee just took the dubious honor of being number one in per capita Covid positive tests.  Wonder if that will have any effect on the Bates family's no mask, no vax stance?  Somehow I doubt it...

Probably not, unless one of them actually dies of covid. Hospitalizations and the attendant bills don't faze these grifters. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Yep, while Jill claimed they asked repeatedly about the cost of the education at Moody and never received an answer, I spent less than a minute on the website and found a very clear breakdown of the yearly fees based on aviation related field of study.  And, not surprisingly, as a student progresses, spending more and more time flying aircraft and achieving various certifications; the cost of providing that education increases as do the fees.  I am sure that they also received this information in writing at the time they visited the school.  Jill has shown us time and again however that she is barely functionally literate, so she might not have been able to understand the information.

Moody might be expensive, but they don't try to hide it.

Timbits utter failure to get anything resembling a college education in the 3+ years since his 'graduation' from Jill's homeschool is proof enough that it wasn't the cost that was the problem.  Since he returned from Wisconsin quite a while back, there has not been a single mention of his enrollment in any sort of higher learning; just some references to various Christian men who had pilots' licenses who were going to take him flying.

I suspect he is no closer to becoming a missionary pilot than he was 3 years ago.  And he will be no closer in 30 years, either.

There are a lot of private airports out in the countryside, it looks like Tim is working at one of those.  I had a friend whose son wanted to be an airline pilot and he worked at a local private airport, cleaning planes, answering the phones, running errands in exchange for a small paycheck and instructional time in the air.  He was 15 though, not 22.  And, when it was time to go to college, he went to one with an excellent commercial aviation program, studied hard and got his degree.  He now works as a pilot for United.

Of course, Tim could get pilot's training completely free if he would join the Air Force or Navy.  Not that he'd be able to beat the competition for a space in their programs; I am sure he'd never make it past the preliminaries.  Not that Jill would ever allow him to leave her side long enough to serve in the first place.

He would need a science degree to be considered for pilot training. Never going to happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Oh, Jill. She sure told on herself with that dramatic recap of Timmy's skid on black ice. I'm sure it was very scary if the car spun out of control, but still. This is how she describes the end of it: "Thank God, a curb forcefully stopped the car but severely damaged the back end of his car." Somehow the curb gets the blame for the damage; IMO Jill's big into the blame game in life generally so of course it was the CURB that FORCEFULLY stopped the car and SEVERELY damaged it. Sigh. Others might have said, "Unfortunately, Tim was driving and skidded on black ice. It was scary, but he wasn't hurt, although his car hit a curb and was damaged." 

Then, she seems almost outraged that he had to take "some of his HARD EARNED, saved money" to "pay to have it fixed."

Well, Jill, for most people, that's called having an accident and using your money to pay for repairs. Of course actually working to earn money is off the regular Jill/David path of grifting, and her saying HARD EARNED is such a tell, IMO. I assume she intended that her dramatic description would generate some cash contributions. I'm amazed she didn't start a GoFundMe to pay for the curb-inflicted car damage. 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
Quotation marks. They are used in pairs.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Tennessee just took the dubious honor of being number one in per capita Covid positive tests.  Wonder if that will have any effect on the Bates family's no mask, no vax stance?  Somehow I doubt it...

Mama Bates stepfather died from Covid-19. 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

There you go. 

Isn't he the one she referred to as her "mother's husband"? When I see people use terms like that, my first instinct is that they don't like that person, or worse. I doubt Kelly gave a damn about her "mother's husband" having covid. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

The part about Timmy having to spend his own money stood out the most to me. Jill is apparently so used to grifting that it’s basically unfathomable to her that people have to use their own hard earned money to pay for things. It’s right up there on the WTF scale as when one of MTV’s Teen Mom “stars” complained about having to pay for her own rent because she made too much money to qualify for subsidized rent. 

not sure on the timeline was Timothy's curb stopping accident after his trim/slim sisters had an accident and grifted a new car?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Kelly Bates' mother remarried long after Kelly was an adult.  I don't think it is that unusual for someone in that circumstance to think of him as their mother's husband rather than their stepfather.

My sister died, her kids were in their early 20's.  Her husband remarried 6 years later to a lovely woman, we all like her very much.  However, she never refers to my niece and nephew as her stepkids, they are always R's kids.  And the kids never refer to her as their stepmother, it's always Dad's wife.  I once, during a phone conversation with her, referred to her as their 'stepmother' and she corrected me, laughing that she didn't think stepmother was the right terminology in their case.  No hard feelings, it just doesn't feel right. I'm OK if Kelly didn't feel like calling her mother's husband her stepfather.

It's the way she said it. 

I know someone from rescue who refers to her daughter-in-law as her "son's wife." It's obvious from the term and the way she says it that she does not like her DIL. That's my point. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Ordinarily I wouldn't raise an eyebrow at someone referring to a step-parent as my mother/father's husband/wife, but Kelly was oddly impersonal about his death. Her post mentioned it as a casual aside, like, "Blah..blah..blah..mother's husband died of covid, and yesterday was 2-for-1 appetizers at Applebee's!." There was no sense the loss affected her at all, even in the sense of how badly it must have hurt her mother. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Ordinarily I wouldn't raise an eyebrow at someone referring to a step-parent as my mother/father's husband/wife, but Kelly was oddly impersonal about his death. Her post mentioned it as a casual aside, like, "Blah..blah..blah..mother's husband died of covid, and yesterday was 2-for-1 appetizers at Applebee's!." There was no sense the loss affected her at all, even in the sense of how badly it must have hurt her mother. 

I read the Herman Cain Award . Shocking how many of these people, who are so into 'freedom' 'no masks/antivax' etc are so cold when someone the know dies of COVID. Denial, combined with ego, peppered with a distict lack of empathy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6