Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill cackles the entire time. "that's what he gets for trying to get the boys wet" then she says "I can't believe i got that on video" and chubby hunk says "you got that too?"

why would she be surprised she gets anything on video since the phone is constantly in her hand taking video??

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 19

We've seen this kind of thing with the Duggar boys, too. I would guess that the repressed, regimented lives these kids are forced to live leaves them with a lot of pent-up anger that finds its outlet in nasty, mean-spirited "jokes" directed towards each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

A few years ago, Jill posted a photo of Kaylee at the kitchen sink washing dishes. Kaylee didn't realize someone had taped a big sign to her back that said : "I think that I am the most incredible [writer couldn't spell the word] person on the face of the earth." Jill thought this was soooo funny and was a great example of how much the kids loooove each other by playing pranks. Sadly, Kaylee was hard at work cleaning up after the family. However, I doubt Jill minds if Kaylee gets picked on. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

A few years ago, Jill posted a photo of Kaylee at the kitchen sink washing dishes. Kaylee didn't realize someone had taped a big sign to her back that said : "I think that I am the most incredible [writer couldn't spell the word] person on the face of the earth."

This sounds like an episode of Leave it to Beaver, circa 1959.

2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill cackles the entire time. "that's what he gets for trying to get the boys wet" then she says "I can't believe i got that on video" and chubby hunk says "you got that too?"

why would she be surprised she gets anything on video since the phone is constantly in her hand taking video??

I looked on Facebook for this.  Cannot find, did she have second thoughts?

18 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

There is some kind of Stouffers frozen entree.  It looks like there are a couple of them in there.  Stouffers family size meals serve about 4 people.  So, one pan for David and Jill, Nathan, Nurie and the 12 other kids split the rest?

She's also got ready made cream pies in there. Two.  For at least 8 adults and 8 kids.  All for David's dessert, I'd expect.

Is Jill not aware that it is summer?  That fresh fruits and vegetables are delicious and readily available almost everywhere.  That she's visiting a coastal town where fresh fish is bountiful, cheap and delicious?

There are three of us and the family size barely feeds us! I usually get the party size.

I am also reminded that I need to buy Texas toast! 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I’ve never needed to go to the ER for food poisoning. I wonder how  much that bill was!

I ended up in the ER once for food poisoning. But I take medicine to slow my heart down and between being so physically sick and not able to keep my medicine down, my heart was beating too fast.  I went to the ER and they gave me fluids and Zofran and I was finally able to keep my medicine down.  But I had had food poisoning before and since, but  that was the only time I ended up in the ER.  

Maybe since Alyssa has had heart problems, if Josie's heart was beating erratically, maybe they thought it would be best to get checked to make sure it wasn't something more serious.  

It feels weird not snarking on Josie for this. 

• Love 9

Well you *can* die of food poisoning, depending on the type you have, the state of your health as well as age. But I choose to think it's click-bait with the Bates girls.

I once saw a kid nearly die of food poisoning after eating raw oysters. Not pretty and put me off of raw seafood. Vibrio is nasty business.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I also had an EKG this past week (routine). What I didn’t do was post about it on social media.

A couple of years I had a non-routine EKG--I was sick with what ended up being bronchitis and took a cough medicine that caused my heart rate to spike. I also never once posted anything about it on social media. 

I know some people can and do post social media updates about their health, and I can see the reasoning for it, but the glamour photos people take of themselves in doctor's offices and hospitals, like the Bates girls do, is just too extra for me. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Rods invade David Waller's church.

20210808_184024.jpg.b1124276fcc0bd4516e020d46e7e1c25.jpg

This is freaking crazy - the Rods traveling around and grifting in various churches around the country.

I just read an article about 6 members of a church in FL, dying from Covid within 10 days of each other. All were healthy, none were vaccinated and 4 of them were under 35 years of age.

The Rods need to go back to their Barndo and stay put. I highly doubt this family has not contracted - and spread - Covid, sometime in the last year and a half, and there's no guarantee they won't do it again.

• Love 16

On 8/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, ozziemom said:

Nathan’s sister probably said something in passing about “if you’re ever in Texas stop by” not realizing who she was dealing with. JillR jumped all over that, lol. Or maybe Rebekah figured it was better to let them use the beach house than actually have the stink bus parked in her yard.

Given the level of respect JillRod and her spawn give to historical monuments (see: St. Augustine), I cannot imagine the shape that house will be in after these people invade for an entire week.

21 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Just watched the story with 2 Rodlets in small boat and Nurthan on paddle boards. Looks like the 2 boys purposely try and make Nathan fall off and once he is off, they try and ram him so he can’t get back on. Seems like the boy Rodlets have a mean streak, I think we have seen them pushing, shoving etc. before. I don’t listen to JillR’s comments as she’s filming, it’s just torture to my ears.

And if it causes Best Mama to laugh, the boys will continue to do it until someone really gets hurt, and then....oh wait, Jill would just follow the injured party to the ER with her camera capturing all of it.  Never mind.

It makes me wonder how much subversive teasing and shoving goes on under the Barndo roof amongst the kids, because none of them can complain to Jill - she surely doesn't care - and given how the Rodlets must always be in competition to be Mama's Fave of the Week in order to get Shrek's leftover pizza crust or whatever, they must always be working out how to jump over each other in line.  I would think the combination of severe repression and a deeply buried mean streak could eventually explode like a powder keg.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, crazy8s said:

She laughs and laughs at things that no one else would find funny.  It’s just one more thing to get attention.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Rods invade David Waller's church.

20210808_184024.jpg.b1124276fcc0bd4516e020d46e7e1c25.jpg

If you want to hear their performance, it’s on the church’s FB page, although I wouldn’t advise it, unless you’re into caterwauling and out-of-tune instruments. 🙉

• LOL 11
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If you want to hear their performance, it’s on the church’s FB page, although I wouldn’t advise it, unless you’re into caterwauling and out-of-tune instruments. 🙉

Yeah, it's not one of their better performances. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, it's not one of their better performances. 😂

It is, however, a typical performance.  It's right about on par for them.  The Rods have no discernible musical talent.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Alyssa has an IG story with Allie and Lexi answering questions. Allie wants to be an artist and Lexi wants to be a dentist. The latter came as a total surprise to Alyssa. It made me sad to know there’s an almost zero chance of Lexi becoming a dentist, but she sure is training to become a sister mom and influencer.

4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I hope he cooked at least twice that much, but preferably three times that amount of meat.

Jill said, “We are in charge of dinner tonight, so we decided to grill out.”.

Best shot I could get of the grill:

2C335544-17FA-42A7-A539-B56A533E29D1.jpeg

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Ah yes, using plastic utensils on the grill...... That's ok, it's someone else's utensils and someone else's grill.....!  

I could see them not caring, but he was actually using the spoon side to baste.

• Love 2
On 8/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, crazy8s said:

I wonder what she'd do if he cut off the paying for everything while they are together, and said, "that's what she gets for being a mean, nasty person who always has her phone in everyone's faces!"

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the meat was for adults only and kids ate plain bread or went to bed hungry.

Jill/Dave probably use food as a reward/punishment to control her malnourished progeny.

I see brats which could have been for the kids (older ones), they might even have thrown some hotdogs on the grill for the real little ones. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I see brats which could have been for the kids (older ones), they might even have thrown some hotdogs on the grill for the real little ones. 

There were some hot dogs down on the far left side. There was a video where you could see the entire grill.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
On 8/8/2021 at 9:43 AM, ozziemom said:

Just watched the story with 2 Rodlets in small boat and Nurthan on paddle boards. Looks like the 2 boys purposely try and make Nathan fall off and once he is off, they try and ram him so he can’t get back on. Seems like the boy Rodlets have a mean streak, I think we have seen them pushing, shoving etc. before. I don’t listen to JillR’s comments as she’s filming, it’s just torture to my ears.

Fundie boys are known for their mean behavior, especially towards family. Remember TimBits in the drainage ditch, pouring that filthy water over Maria Dingus? And of course, who can forget how the Duggar and Bates boys would absolutely TRASH the wedding getaway cars for the couples? Straight down to messing with the horn and brakes so every time the driver would brake the horn would honk, putting stinky cheese in the air system, etc.? Some of it was trying to be clever, some of it was downright dangerous. All of it was just mean and tasteless. These guys can't do anything else to get their testosterone out. 

• Love 9