Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Just wow!  Driving wihout seat belts, singing, taking photos and videos - I hope she's not driving.

I'm sure her fabulous hot husband was at the wheel. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

I am ready for my close up. Aren’t I the prettiest godly woman in the world? 

Buy plexus from me use code jillpm for 20% off your yearly supply! I will even throw in a chicken leg and one tub of eyeliner. 

Offer does NOT include a date with my HUNK. 

xoxo 

807B6295-8BFC-455B-BDBD-A8899CFCFFA2.jpeg

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

Cannot believe Jill posts video evidence that they drive their kids around without ensuring every one of them is using a seat belt! Ohio law mandates seat belts or car seats for everyone under 16….but apparently they are above the law.  

8C34B73D-1A16-490C-9902-C305784C11FE.jpeg

“I love that we can sing…”

Questionable at best

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Yes he was driving 

Of course he was driving so all the females going the other way can see how hunky he is and the males can only wish that they were as hunky as him.

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Of course he was driving so all the females going the other way can see how hunky he is and the males can only wish that they were as hunky as him.

Looking at that photograph, I'd say chunky is a better choice of words. 

• LOL 8
21 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Timmy is looking mighty blond in the van photo. The Joyful Noyes Home Beauty Salon has been busy. 

Pretty sure Nurie had her eyebrows severely plucked by Best Mama Ever. So yes, The Salon has been very, very busy. 🤮

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

He looks SEVERELY miserable 

2DA7DEFB-57D1-4CC0-8422-73A80AAE77E1.jpeg

He’s probably ready to faint from hunger. It’s no exaggeration to say that he’s nothing but skin and bones.  So pitiful.

10 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

Cannot believe Jill posts video evidence that they drive their kids around without ensuring every one of them is using a seat belt! Ohio law mandates seat belts or car seats for everyone under 16….but apparently they are above the law.  

Where I live everyone must have seat belt in the car, even adults. It's weird Ohio lets people over 16 ride without one. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

That seat belt isn't going to do his ARM much good in a crash. These people, I swear. 

Also, Kiefer Tim's hair is yellow. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Where I live everyone must have seat belt in the car, even adults. It's weird Ohio lets people over 16 ride without one. 

They’re breaking the law in Ohio.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Totally said:

Good to see they learned from the accident that left Amy? a SEVERE quadriplegic 😠

Good point. I don't think Jill, herself, wants to be an example of a godly woman who soldiers on for Jesus in spite of great physical challenges, so she ought to be wearing a seatbelt. I want to assume she feels the same way about her children. 

• Love 5

Oh good golly, you people. Posting all these pictures + me being kind of emotional and exhausted right now = awful, awful dream. I was riding in the giant falling-apart van of this horrid family. I had to sit next to GWE, who was bottle feeding an infant (I know they don’t currently have an infant who’s nursing, but whatever). While driving. And eating/drinking some sloppy gruelish substance. Mix this up with my memories of nearly 3 years of nursing (lots of leaking, being oversupplied, engorged) and. . . It was just baaaaaaad.

5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Good point. I don't think Jill, herself, wants to be an example of a godly woman who soldiers on for Jesus in spite of great physical challenges, so she ought to be wearing a seatbelt. I want to assume she feels the same way about her children. 

I appreciate your optimism.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Didn’t Jill grift a car when Nurie has a car accident?

I'm a little fuzzy about this (and don't feel like researching it), but IIRC, Nurie and one of the other girls were in a SEVERE car crash. They were unhurt, but the car was totaled and Jill started grifting. At first she started a GoFundMe, which didn't bring in much, but then some anonymous donor gave them a car. A few moths later, Tim's car bit the dust and, emboldened by her previous success. she tried grifting for a new one for him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think the NotNurie that was in the accident was banged up pretty bad. At least that's what I remember from the smiling selfies JillRod took from the ER. 🙄 But thank JESUS the girls were "trim" enough to escape through the windows from the car that was underwater in a 2 inch deep puddle. And soon after Nurie posted a video begging the masses for $20,000 to get another car.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The car accident on their blog:

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3614

Results of the grifting: 

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3618

Oh, wow.  I had never read the grifting blog post (2nd link) before.  Now I understand where "(and Kaylee)" comes from.  At one point I had to double-check the web address because I thought I was on a parody page with all of the "Nurie is such a blessing and her faith in God is restored because of our grifting haul, and oh yeah, Kaylee" jazz.

Jill.  Is.  Nuts.  Those poor kids.

• Love 16
On 6/26/2021 at 11:26 AM, iwantcookies said:

He looks SEVERELY miserable 

2DA7DEFB-57D1-4CC0-8422-73A80AAE77E1.jpeg

He looks like he's sitting on a cooler smushed up against the van door.  I sadly watched about 5 seconds of this video before I couldn't handle the caterwauling and he was the only one who seemed to have removed his "keep sweet for Mama" face mask.  He looks miserable or possibly sick, which makes his forced singing even more horrendous.

On 6/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, BradandJanet said:

Timmy is looking mighty blond in the van photo. The Joyful Noyes Home Beauty Salon has been busy. 

Has Tim always been blond?  Does Jill dye his hair in order to make it more believable that she is a natural blond?  As in, "of COURSE this is my real hair color, look at my son!  He inherited it from ME!"  I would not put it past her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Has Tim always been blond?  Does Jill dye his hair in order to make it more believable that she is a natural blond?  As in, "of COURSE this is my real hair color, look at my son!  He inherited it from ME!"  I would not put it past her.

Tim has been sporting the blond locks for a few years now.  Jill swears it's natural, but his eyebrows and facial hair tell a different story.  I know that beards can grow a different color, but I have never seen someone have dark brown facial hair and dark brown eyebrows naturally have blond hair on his/her head.  Also, the blond is not a color found naturally around blonds, and it's too even.  I say this as a natural dark blonde who's hair lightens with the sun and heat.  My hair does not look like Tim's hair.  I have multiple colors on my head (even when I dye it).  I have not colored my hair in almost a year, and my hair right now is the base dark blonde with multiple shades of lighter blonde from the sun mixed in with the whites.  Tim's hair looks like it was freshly dyed in a single process.  Jill is not bleaching it before she applies the dye, hence the orangey-yellow color.  

• Love 11

So apparently Shrek’s mom was in town and they took her to see the Amish. The pictures are typical JillR bizarre. If someone can link, it looks like there is some kind of theater and Shrek is on stage. Not quite sure what is going on.

• LOL 1

Those poor kids. Crammed in a van and clearly not buckled in or actually sitting on a seat. Then forced to sing Amazing Grace. I would want to throw up too. I listened to 5 seconds of it.

I scrolled down and found these gems in the maternity photoshoot...

206309268_2893578914213776_3969867337984775877_n.jpg

206473647_2893578887547112_4272509695109614993_n.jpg

41 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Tim has been sporting the blond locks for a few years now.  Jill swears it's natural, but his eyebrows and facial hair tell a different story.  I know that beards can grow a different color, but I have never seen someone have dark brown facial hair and dark brown eyebrows naturally have blond hair on his/her head.  Also, the blond is not a color found naturally around blonds, and it's too even.  I say this as a natural dark blonde who's hair lightens with the sun and heat.  My hair does not look like Tim's hair.  I have multiple colors on my head (even when I dye it).  I have not colored my hair in almost a year, and my hair right now is the base dark blonde with multiple shades of lighter blonde from the sun mixed in with the whites.  Tim's hair looks like it was freshly dyed in a single process.  Jill is not bleaching it before she applies the dye, hence the orangey-yellow color.  

I went all the way back to the very first post on the Rod’s website, which was in 2013, I think.  Tim is a brunette.  Thou shalt not lie, Jill; thou shalt not lie.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)

I believe this is the last picture of Tim with naturally blonde hair. And then about a year later, with a light brown. And then about five years after that - towhead/bleach blonde.

cropped-website-header.jpgtumblr_oxxmxzd3XB1w603fro3_1280.jpgtumblr_pbazevJqja1uxjiy8o1_1280.jpg

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Those poor kids. Crammed in a van and clearly not buckled in or actually sitting on a seat. Then forced to sing Amazing Grace. I would want to throw up too. I listened to 5 seconds of it.

Did she stuff a balloon under her dress? 

I'm inclined to think Timmy's hair is natural, but that fact does not take away from the related fact that he is one odd-looking person, like most of the Rodriguii. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

I used to get carsick all the time. I can only imagine trying not to be sick. 

7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I'm inclined to think Timmy's hair is natural, but that fact does not take away from the related fact that he is one odd-looking person, like most of the Rodriguii. 

It probably is fairly light, but I bet he helps it along some. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I used to get carsick all the time. I can only imagine trying not to be sick. 

It probably is fairly light, but I bet he helps it along some. 

That is a possibility. Sun-In for the win! I bet Jilly has some stashed from 1988. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

That is a possibility. Sun-In for the win! I bet Jilly has some stashed from 1988. 

probably several bottles. Though if I remember from my youth, it tended to make one's hair more orangy. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

probably several bottles. Though if I remember from my youth, it tended to make one's hair more orangy. 

His hair looks orangey to me, especially in that last photo @GeeGolly posted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Heathen said:

There is so much swayback going on there...she looks like she needs a scoliosis backbrace.

That pic is all kinds of wrong for so many reasons, but I have to say that Nathan looks so much better when you can't see his face.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3E6735D2-5761-4642-AC7F-32DF070CD736.jpeg

I know David's mom always wears pants and shorts/capris.  I bet Jill used a Photoshop sharpie to scribble out the evidence.  Such an ungodly grandma wearing that which pertaineth to a man!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2