Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Of all people, Kelton Balka should understand or at least conceptualize the risks of pregnancy and childbirth. But I doubt he has the brains to do so. 

You'd think, but Josie's been pregnant three times in what, two and a half years? 

In one of the AMAs Josie and Kelton did in her Instagram stories they were asked how many kids they were going to have Kelton held up five fingers.  Not sure how serious he was being but Josie did say not 19.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

For baby names, I am guessing Nathan and Nurie will stick with an ‘n’ theme. A while ago, I guessed on this thread that they would name their first girl Noyes Jill. Even though it is silly, I’ll stick with that or maybe Noyessa Jill. For a boy, I’m guessing Nehemiah David. 

• Love 2

How old is the child? 4 years old? It has been many years since I was around a 4 year old ( 30 or more)  but shouldn't she be doing more than scribbling? I mean she's having fun and that's the most important thing but it looks odd.

• Love 3

I still think Janessa has undiagnosed delays and  Jill is refusing to admit it.  Her "miracle" baby was cured by prayer, but if anything at all that Jill posted pre birth is true, there are problems that should be addressed.  I would love to know what exactly the "Pediatrician Doctor" had to say.

• Love 11

At age three my micro preemie, neglected in an orphanage for sixteen months daughter was in preschool and writing letters daily. Like my baby, I noticed Janessa is left handed (unless it is the mirror effect), goddess knows Jill can’t handle a different able child. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I noticed Janessa is left handed (unless it is the mirror effect), goddess knows Jill can’t handle a different able child. 

I'd noticed lately that Janessa seemed noticeably left-handed, too, and I hope Jill's not an ass to the poor kid about that either. 

My mom had rather medieval ideas about left-handedness, and her efforts to switch me really caused a lot of problems for me, even on things like trying to learn how to tie shoes. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think a slim-tailored suit can look really nice ... on a man with a slim build. It can be frustrating, but there are always going to be fashion trends that some people have to (or at least should!) say no to because of the way we're built. 

Sure, there are three-year-old who can write letters and draw recognizable figures, but I wouldn't assume a child who isn't quite there with their fine-motor coordination is delayed.

Compared to his younger pics, in his birthday pictures Gabriel looks surprisingly . . . not weird!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Portia said:

Sure, there are three-year-old who can write letters and draw recognizable figures, but I wouldn't assume a child who isn't quite there with their fine-motor coordination is delayed.

Thank you for saying this! I have birth defects in both of my hands, which made it difficult to hold a pencil and tie my shoes along with other fine-motor activities. I did not have any delays that Janessa is suspected to have.

Luckily for me, my parents recognized that I needed help, made sure I got the help I needed, and worked with me. By the time I started kindergarten, I had the best penmanship in my class. Still, even in my 40s, there are some tasks that are difficult for me and my hand strength is below average.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janessa is left handed. Jill mentioned  Jill’s  father, Timothy, and Hannah are also.

I didn't realize Timba was a lefty, but I don't think I've ever actually watched him do anything to see that. LOL In any event, maybe she'll actually leave that alone since some of other family members are. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Zella said:

I didn't realize Timba was a lefty, but I don't think I've ever actually watched him do anything to see that. LOL In any event, maybe she'll actually leave that alone since some of other family members are. 

Timothy the grandfather is a lefty 

Timothy the grandson isn’t 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Timothy the grandfather is a lefty 

Timothy the grandson isn’t 

Ah okay! I thought it was a list but now I realize it wasn't. I didn't actually realize her dad was also called Timothy. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I still think Janessa has undiagnosed delays and  Jill is refusing to admit it.  Her "miracle" baby was cured by prayer, but if anything at all that Jill posted pre birth is true, there are problems that should be addressed.  I would love to know what exactly the "Pediatrician Doctor" had to say.

Or Plexus.  Why are so many people giving this to their kids?  Wouldn't actual food be less $?

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Or Plexus.  Why are so many people giving this to their kids?  Wouldn't actual food be less $?

Jill is not giving her kids Plexus on the regular. She just posts pictures of her kids taking a sip of their product or pretending to take a vitamin for her SM posts.  Jill would never spend that much money on a supplement for her kids.  Herself yes, her children, no.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill is not giving her kids Plexus on the regular. She just posts pictures of her kids taking a sip of their product or pretending to take a vitamin for her SM posts.  Jill would never spend that much money on a supplement for her kids.  Herself yes, her children, no.

PHEW!  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Wonder how often she has to buy product herself to keep at her membership level, Shining Silver Star or whatever she is. Still, she isn't apt to give Precious Plexus to the servants.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I’m glad that her dad is a lefty; otherwise, Jill would think that being a Lefty is satanic.  I wish I was joking, but I firmly believe that she’s crazy enough to believe something like that.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m glad that her dad is a lefty; otherwise, Jill would think that being a Lefty is satanic.  I wish I was joking, but I firmly believe that she’s crazy enough to believe something like that.

Yes,anyone who thinks that demons can fit on the head of a pin could believe anything

• Love 1
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Janessa has definitely taken Nurie’s place as mama’s favorite.

Not really. She is scrawny aka isn’t being fed. If she was plump then I’d say yep Jilldo feeds her. And look how awful she is dressed. 
Nah Jilldo only loves herself. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Imagine if someone taped Jillcatraz and her kids without her permission and posted it on SM. Jillzilla’s head would explode!

Maybe. Jillzilla (good name choice) loves publicity, however she can get it. The kids are just props, so they don't matter. 

3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so if the lord hadn't laid it on the hearts to make special memories with their children it would have never occurred to them? They never would have known people do this all the time?? #makingmemories??

Yeah. I always wonder if these messages from God come in a flash of lightening or pop into their minds out of guilt after checking their social media. Most of this stuff seems so logical. 

David and Priss looked like clones when they married, and they still do. They're both aging in tandem. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Maybe its actually Priscilla's idea and a brilliant one at that. She tells David God laid it in her heart and she gets David's undistracted help with the kids for an hour and needs to make one less meal. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

David and Priss looked like clones when they married, and they still do. They're both aging in tandem. 

Yes, If I didn’t know these two were married I’d assume they’re related.

• Love 7