Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I had the same response but I didn't know it came from a Bing Crosby song. It was something my grandfather (WWII vet) used to say instead of god-d.....it.

I knew it came from a WWII song so I had to Google it of course. It was big hit, but I don't think it was mainly a Bing Crosby song. I just liked his version better than a couple of the big band tracks I found online, so that's what I linked to. 

• Love 2

When I think of that phrase, I think of the movie Pass the Ammo, a little 1980s cult classic that is, sadly, not on DVD. It was filmed in Eureka Springs, AR, in the 80s and stars Tim Curry as a crooked televangelist and Bill Paxton as the guy who decides to get even by robbing his church. Hijinks ensue.

Catch it on YouTube. 😄 I live about an hour from Eureka Springs and people who were extras in that movie still brag about being in it. When Bill Paxton died a few years ago, they did a showing of the movie in his honor in town. (Edited to add: Paxton made a few movies in the area back in the 80s and 90s, and everyone local who met him said he was a real sweetheart.)

I'd pay good money to watch Jill Rodrigues watch that movie.  😉 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

@Jeeves:  My mother was a student in an all girls Catholic high school during WWII when this song was popular.  She told us a story about one day in religion class when they were singing some hymns.  The nun asked for a suggestion for another hymn to sing.  One of the girls (it may have been my mother) suggested “Praise the Lord”.  So a group of giggly teenage girls started singing “Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition “.  I don’t remember if the nun was pleased or not...

• LOL 13

hahahaha - the first picture. nothing says seriously home schoolin' going on like a container of un sharpened pencils

and also her "schedule" so that would be except days it was girls day out, except days they were traveling, except days the kids were needed in the print shop etc

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill wants to prove she homeschools.

8 videos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIbZmTPpU_R/?hl=en

Someone at church must’ve questioned whether or not those children are receiving an actual education.  That f’ing singsong voice that Jill uses makes me want to hurl.  I think Sofia has some type of jaw deformity that needs medical attention.  I noticed two containers of Carmex at one of the study (ha!) areas.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill also posted that they take Covid seriously (could have fooled me), but since she got political I won't link it here. She admits that she will likely get it eventually.

She also said, “What is MORE important is to know where you are going when you die someday.....Heaven or Hell? Settle that!”.

Edited to add recent addition:

5620A602-5AA9-41E3-B861-4A7B28302308.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill wants to prove she homeschools.

8 videos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIbZmTPpU_R/?hl=en

I thought the idea of homeschooling was so that your kids would have lots of time to explore what interests them and not be tied to worksheets. The Rods homeschool looks like school from 1983. Those poor kids don’t have a chance. And, of course, they’ll homeschool THEIR kids. Generations of unschooled, illiterate children. 🙄

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Why is the Rodlets speech so weird and affected? 

The first boy who was shown in the homeschool videos (the boy that’s a teenager but looks to be 10) is another Timothy in the making.  
Jill posted another music video at church, and it sounds like every instrument is out of tune and out of time.  I’m sure that the “song” was one that Jill created, because a true musician would never write a song that horrific.  Speaking of horrific, check out the garb that Jill is wearing in that video. 😵 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The first boy who was shown in the homeschool videos (the boy that’s a teenager but looks to be 10) is another Timothy in the making.  
Jill posted another music video at church, and it sounds like every instrument is out of tune and out of time.  I’m sure that the “song” was one that Jill created, because a true musician would never write a song that horrific.  Speaking of horrific, check out the garb that Jill is wearing in that video. 😵 

That was one of their worst efforts yet. And that's saying something.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Neither did any of the thousands of other people who worked in the OR with him over the years.

Evidence smevidence, Jill knows things. Things she likely read on some whackadoodle right wing web site but hey she knows things.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I thought the idea of homeschooling was so that your kids would have lots of time to explore what interests them and not be tied to worksheets. The Rods homeschool looks like school from 1983. Those poor kids don’t have a chance. And, of course, they’ll homeschool THEIR kids. Generations of unschooled, illiterate children. 🙄

The only good thing I can say about the Rods and their schoolwork is that it appears that each kid has their own dedicated workspace.  Of course, knowing Jill, there is probably just one desk, maybe two, and the kids were forced to drag them from room to room for filming to make it look like they each had their own place.  

I went to grade school in the 60's and the sort of copying from a workbook stuff the Rods seem to be doing in 'school' looks like the stuff the nun would assign for 'busy work' when she had a headache or otherwise needed a 20 minute break.  We certainly did NOT consider that the bulk of our education.

• Love 11

That was really creepy and the child that said science was especially nervous, notice the way she rubbed her hands against the desk. Something more than just normal fundy crazy goes on in that house. Poor kids. 

• Love 1

I wonder what would happen if someone posted something to the effect of how it is more modest to wear a mask versus not...say something like if when one leaves their lips exposed then they could potentially be tempting others to have lustful thoughts about you. Or something. And then point out that the Bible does not state that wearing masks is a sin. (I'm not saying I believe all that, but I'm trying to figure out an angle to effectively argue against JRod and other fundies who are so adamant against wearing masks.)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I wonder what would happen if someone posted something to the effect of how it is more modest to wear a mask versus not...say something like if when one leaves their lips exposed then they could potentially be tempting others to have lustful thoughts about you. Or something. And then point out that the Bible does not state that wearing masks is a sin. (I'm not saying I believe all that, but I'm trying to figure out an angle to effectively argue against JRod and other fundies who are so adamant against wearing masks.)

Yes,and isn't it immodest to wear lipstick to accent your lips? One might accidently flash a pouty smile and entice a guy.Better to wear a mask than risk enticing desires that can't be righteously fullfilled.

Better yet,don't wear lipstick.Jill would never go for that.LOL

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Interesting logic (ha, ha) from Jill. If masks are just for show and don't do anything, how can masks be causing wearers to breathe in their own exhaled air?  Also, if masks are just for show, how does that make breathing in your exhaled air harmful?  There are a few broken links in the chain of logic here. The broken links are rattling around in Jill's head. 

Judging by her inability to write a coherent sentence, I must conclude that Jill is functionally illiterate. 

She's notorious for poaching from other sources. I bet she stole that and didn't even notice the atrocious grammar. 

• Love 5

I leave the grammar policing to you all (no shade), but that meme was really bad. I had to read it three times to make sure I was understanding what JillR meant to say.

In regard to JillR's other posts, I think either her last visit from DCF scared her, that DCF case stayed open and followed her to Ohio, or like a poster upthread said, she's had a new visit. 

She's still clueless, her improvements are still less than most folks' bare minimum. If she wasn't so religious, and if mask wearing wasn't so politicized, they'd go after her for that too.

• Love 17

Oh my, so much to unpack😄 Jilly R, the gift that keeps on giving.

The music video, she looks like the ultimate Essex chav and you can't say worse than that - those white boots😅😅, they certainly are a choice. Their "music", well, the less said about that the better.

I did wonder the other day (clearly I'm bored) what the point actually is with those kind of families. Why does any Church need them? They are untrained, most can't sing or play well, and they certainly don't have a clue about Biblical things.

The school video, well. Jilly dear, stop shoving a fucking camera into your children's faces! You are absolutely despiccable.

The weird breathy voices that every child puts on the minute that Monster is near is beyond terrifying. What goes on in that house is just unberable to think about.

Seeing as she can barely speak English, how does she think she can teach anyone else?

Also interesting to note that both Nurie and Timmay have disappeared from her focus, bar the odd humble brag photo Nurie must send dearest Momma. Out of mind, out of sight, eh Jilly?

• Love 8

Why do Josie, Carlin, and Whitney dress their daughters in those drab, poorly fitting romper things with straps that always fall down?  I guess they are trendy, but it almost seems to me like they are dressing dolls, not active babies/ toddlers. 
Carlin has posted a bunch of photos of a trip to the tree farm.  I don’t know what the heck she dressed Layla in , but it looks so uncomfortable.  Knitted leggings/ tights under a romper and a T-shirt or onesie.  That poor child had so many layers cutting into her waist - she must have been so uncomfortable.

I know everyone has different taste, and maybe I’m just a grumpy old lady,  but I just don’t get it.  The hat and boots were cute, I’ll give her that.  But if it’s warm enough to go without a jacket does Layla really need a wooly hat?  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

According to this IG post (look in the comments), Heistheway's parents pronounce it like "highs-tha-way." Which is just weird, because that pronunciation isn't really much of an improvement, and would seemingly take away from the message aspect of the name. No mention of any nicknames.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLdhE0yhGxc/

Incidentally, their second daughter is named Pelaiah, and after that the kids all have "normal"/ Biblical names. They appear to be friendly with the Duggars and Bateses, and Heistheway is now seventeen... potential courtship material? (Although Justin would be the closest age match, and he's "taken"...)

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Why do Josie, Carlin, and Whitney dress their daughters in those drab, poorly fitting romper things with straps that always fall down?  I guess they are trendy, but it almost seems to me like they are dressing dolls, not active babies/ toddlers. 
Carlin has posted a bunch of photos of a trip to the tree farm.  I don’t know what the heck she dressed Layla in , but it looks so uncomfortable.  Knitted leggings/ tights under a romper and a T-shirt or onesie.  That poor child had so many layers cutting into her waist - she must have been so uncomfortable.

I know everyone has different taste, and maybe I’m just a grumpy old lady,  but I just don’t get it.  The hat and boots were cute, I’ll give her that.  But if it’s warm enough to go without a jacket does Layla really need a wooly hat?  

The last picture says it all, "Oh, woe is me."  It would never have occurred to me to dress an infant like that when I had young ones or with the grandchildren.  Carlin does look like she's dressing a doll and putting on the baby what Carlin thinks is cute regardless of how it looks together, works with the weather, or feels to the kid.  I hope as soon as she can talk Layla starts expressing strong opinions.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

According to this IG post (look in the comments), Heistheway's parents pronounce it like "highs-tha-way." Which is just weird, because that pronunciation isn't really much of an improvement, and would seemingly take away from the message aspect of the name. No mention of any nicknames.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLdhE0yhGxc/

Incidentally, their second daughter is named Pelaiah, and after that the kids all have "normal"/ Biblical names. They appear to be friendly with the Duggars and Bateses, and Heistheway is now seventeen... potential courtship material? (Although Justin would be the closest age match, and he's "taken"...)

Oy another Rod family??? I can’t take any more Rods.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Oy another Rod family??? I can’t take any more Rods.

The children appear much better fed (and better dressed) than the Rods. And the father has an actual job (in the military, no less!). And the mother can write without using Random Capitalization. And while I'm sure their beliefs are probably just as awful, the family Instagram isn't littered with conspiracy theories. So no, not another Rod family-- thank goodness!

• Love 5

I listened to about two seconds. JillR is talking about not staying true to one's self and not lowering standards. I swear this woman is a walking hypocrite.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently, on Reddit, they decided to unfollow Jill on IG. According to numbers posted on FJ, she list about 500 followers in just one day. 

I wonder if she noticed (probably) and what her reaction was (hysteria?) 😁

From what I understand, Jill was close to 10,000 IG followers which would have apparently changed her status and allowed her to make money from her Instagram. I don’t use Reddit, (although I read there) or Instagram so I may have the details wrong but that’s the general idea. They unfollowed her to keep that from happening. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 10