Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, EVS said:

From what I understand, Jill was close to 10,000 IG followers which would have apparently changed her status and allowed her to make money from her Instagram. I don’t use Reddit, (although I read there) or Instagram so I may have the details wrong but that’s the general idea. They unfollowed her to keep that from happening. 

I don't understand how it works - who was following her and now unfollowed her? Does Reddit as an entity follow people? Or was it all the people in a Reddit group that decided to unfollow? I meant to quote @emmawoodhouse here too. 

15 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I don't understand how it works - who was following her and now unfollowed her? Does Reddit as an entity follow people? Or was it all the people in a Reddit group that decided to unfollow? I meant to quote @emmawoodhouse here too. 

From what I understand, some of the Redditors in this group that were snark following Jill unfollowed her. They also said something about reporting bots that were following her so they would get removed. I have no idea how the bots work. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Okay, I’m an ignoramus when it comes to social media. Which I am just fine with.

But would it be possible for Jill to have some kind of psycho cottage industry going having her children create SM accounts under multiple email addresses and then have them follow her? If there’s money to be had, I could see her doing this in half a heartbeat.

• Love 3

hahaha great idea except Nurie can't even do her own social media posts and needs mama to post for her. Timothy, Samuel, Phillip and the not Nuries all have to pretend post as themselves on mama's page. 

what if they did make multiple accts and one of them used it to discover the real world? Jill can't have that. I think that is what got golden boy Timothy in trouble while away at godly pilot training

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I’m an ignoramus when it comes to social media. Which I am just fine with.

But would it be possible for Jill to have some kind of psycho cottage industry going having her children create SM accounts under multiple email addresses and then have them follow her? If there’s money to be had, I could see her doing this in half a heartbeat.

In theory, yes.  In practice, not likely.  Jill just is not savvy enough to produce a poor-man's bot farm.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Looking at Jill's Instagram and her followers, I will say that because she turns off comments it makes it harder to determine how many of them are snarkers.  I suspect there are more snarkers than leghumpers.  I don't have the time to click on each one to gauge. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She made it private? That means she gets it. JillR is playing and hoping folks will come back because they'll have follow her to see her page.

Doesn't that defeat the point of reaching out to save the souls of the heathen masses? Now the heathen masses will have to come to her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Doesn't that defeat the point of reaching out to save the souls of the heathen masses? Now the heathen masses will have to come to her. 

JillR has been working her little ass off gaining followers and she was oh-so-close to achieving the magic number. This is her big fuck-you to her haters. But she is cutting off her nose...

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

She is too much of a narcissist to leave her account private for long.

Eta: BradandJanet said it much better than I did!

Edited by EVS
  • Love 8
Just now, BradandJanet said:

I have a feeling this may not last long. Why bleach your hair, line your eyes in heavy black pencil, layer on fuchsia eyeshadow and lipstick, put a filter on your camera, and shake your finger at people from a chair in your bathroom if nobody is around for the show?

I agree. I hope more folks unfollow her now that its private show she'll know that won't work.

• Love 7

Maybe instead of obsessively checking her number of followers, screeching as it plummets, furiously setting her account to "private" and cackling about how "that'll show them, those ungrateful awful haters!" - she should put down her phone and feed her kids.

But seriously, I hope her kids are not on the receiving end of their mother's wrath over something so stupid as a drop in followers.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. I hope more folks unfollow her now that its private show she'll know that won't work.

It’s still going down. 8509 when I just checked. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10

If the Redditors are doing this the painful chinese water torture way, and dropping out a few every hour,  I'm all in for that. You know Jill's head will explode.

I should say the bad plumbing water torture way- like the drip......drip.....drip that the water coming out of the busted pipes in my ceiling did. Drove me nuts.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 15

she will have some plexus folks and the Dingii, her relatives and the some of the same folks that follow the duggars, older women.

but yeah most of her followers have always been hate watchers

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Hahaha I haven't been on here all day, and I am regretting I missed participating in the countdown! (Reminds me of when one batshit crazy FB group I was in proceeded to delete all of its members one by one, and my friends and I kept tracking the countdown to 0. Except this is more fun.) 

I am still following her--my nosiness is too great--but she is at 8,460 and still no new posts. She is weeping into her Plexus. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

I am still following her--my nosiness is too great--but she is at 8,460 and still no new posts. She is weeping into her Plexus. 

May I request you let us know what her first “private” post is? 😁

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hahaha I haven't been on here all day, and I am regretting I missed participating in the countdown! (Reminds me of when one batshit crazy FB group I was in proceeded to delete all of its members one by one, and my friends and I kept tracking the countdown to 0. Except this is more fun.) 

• LOL 5

Did we know this? From JillR's FB.

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues

Can we just say that we respect the Coronavirus. We KNOW it is VERY real and makes people very sick! Our family already went through it weeks ago, along with MANY of our close friends and family, and we exercised GREAT caution during that time. Recently, we had a DEAR friend of ours pass away. It is a sad time on earth. We never intend to project a "cavalier" attitude about its danger. Use caution. Be respectful to others.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did we know this? From JillR's FB.

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues

Can we just say that we respect the Coronavirus. We KNOW it is VERY real and makes people very sick! Our family already went through it weeks ago, along with MANY of our close friends and family, and we exercised GREAT caution during that time. Recently, we had a DEAR friend of ours pass away. It is a sad time on earth. We never intend to project a "cavalier" attitude about its danger. Use caution. Be respectful to others.

Oh, that’s bullshit. Jill has posted way too much evidence on her Instagram to claim that she ever exercised any caution. Plus, you know if any of them had it, it would be the MOST SEVERELY BAD case EVER and they would need so many more LOVE OFFERINGS. 

• Love 19