Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's insane. You could get a ton of fresh vegetables with that money and lose weight in a healthy way.

People look for a quick weight loss product and they are willing to try anything. Desperate or a bit dumb they fall for the gimmicks. Plexus doesn’t seem legit to me but I never tried it.

• Love 3

Plexus, it's a floor cleaner, it's a dessert topping.

That's all I can think of when I think of Plexus since it does everything you could ever want.

Why yes, I am stuck in the 70s this week.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

That's all I can think of when I think of Plexus since it does everything you could ever want.

It does windows,too.LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Shimmer!

6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Recipe for HOMEMADE SLOP Soup for Dinner. Ymm. Ymm. 

This recipe came from a dear church friend who gave us a free house that we sold for a profit so we could get out of town and buy a barn to house our family away from local authorities. Serves a family of 14 (with four sons fasting for Jesus and three daughters SEVERELY dieting to attract potential mates.)

1/4 pound (grifted) very fatty ground beef

1 medium chopped onion

1 pound chopped white vegetables (anything that floats)

leftover noodles, bread, and/or popcorn

water (preferably clean)

lots of salt

----------------------------

Fry the beef and onion in a big pot on your sleek new cooktop wonderful hubby installed. (Ignore smell of burning electrical wires.) 

Reduce heat to low to keep house from catching on fire.

Toss in rest of stuff.

Fill pot to the brim with water. 

Have young female child stand on a chair and stir for one hour without stopping.

Serve in big bowl for hubby along with a cheeseburger on a bakery bun, lettuce and tomato. Portion out rest in half cup servings for any children eligible to eat.

Makes a wonderful leftover!

missing a number of cans of  cream of mushroom soup 

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, lianau said:

missing a number of cans of  cream of mushroom soup 

The soup could be there in keeping with the color theme; it's hard to tell. Nurie might get some beige Duggar recipes through Nathan to share with Jill. Homemade bread, salad, and fruit platters are Duggar too, but only when being filmed after reading criticism about their salty, starchy casseroles. Jill and David don't have a show, so none of that nice stuff has a reason to be in their house, or at least in the reach of the kids. 

• Love 1

Wow, the 'testimonials' prior to the hand pic in JillR's IG story are outrageous. I didn't read them thoroughly, but as I scanned them before the next screen came, I saw all kinds of claims of going off prescribed medications after using Plexus.

I thought Plexus was warned to stop these claims.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Nathan needs to use sunblock boyyyy is aging in dog years. I’d peg him for 35 years old.

He's got some SEVERE forehead furrows.  They do look like they at least like each other.  I hope Nurie is enjoying her 9 month break with child rearing.  Does darling mama ask her daily, "are you pregnant yet?"  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, the 'testimonials' prior to the hand pic in JillR's IG story are outrageous. I didn't read them thoroughly, but as I scanned them before the next screen came, I saw all kinds of claims of going off prescribed medications after using Plexus.

I thought Plexus was warned to stop these claims.

It's the joy of the pyramid scheme. When your product is being sold by hundreds or thousands of Jill Rodrigueses all over the place, the FTC doesn't have a chance in hell of successfully whack-a-mole-ing all the totally false but terribly tempting claims proliferating everywhere. So you just sit back and watch money roll in until that danged agency finally finds something more identifiably corporate to come after you with, if they ever can.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

I really like that photo of Nathan and Nurie on the beach. It's one of those photos that fortunate people look at years later and think back on that moment of being young, happy, and in love. 

In the lake photo, Nurie looks wonderful without makeup. I hope she'll let her eyebrows grow in to look more modern. Nathan's face has been damaged by sun and scarred by untreated acne. He may look better as he gets older and the active acne goes away. 

The colors Nurie has been wearing are pretty. Maybe one day, she'll wake up and find no clean leggings and venture out without them, only to find the sky doesn't fall.  She could eventually ease into loose cotton pants. I'd love to see Jill blow part of her plexus-filled gut and spew probiotics all over the barndo's love nest at the sight of it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Genevrier said:

Looks like a lot of acne scarring.

Acne scarring AND deep forehead wrinkles (thanks, genetics) AND being generally homely in a Michael Phelps way. This photo is particularly bad -- 35 is generosity. 

What is it with fundies and polo shirts? Do polos bring you closer to Dog or something? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Acne scarring AND deep forehead wrinkles (thanks, genetics) AND being generally homely in a Michael Phelps way. This photo is particularly bad -- 35 is generosity. 

What is it with fundies and polo shirts? Do polos bring you closer to Dog or something? 

I actually think Gothard has something to that effect. Not kidding.

• Love 2

I cannot believe it will already be a MONTH that they have been married on August 25th!  

. . . in their local, Baptist Church 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jill certainly has a way with English grammar and punctuation. I know recent immigrants who do a lot better. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Actually, I think that, by the time he’s in his late thirties/early forties, Nathan might surprise us all and morph into a fairly attractive man, in a lean, craggy, Lincoln-esque sort of way. Some young guys have to grow into their looks, just as some young pretty boys will lose theirs as they age.

Back in December, I shared a picture of what Nathan would look like with a beard. I really think it would improve his looks immensely. It would also fit the outdoorsy look of a lawncare professional. I know quite a few guys with his kind of features - big nose, weak chin, very lean - who went from goofy dork to macho mountain man by growing a beard.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Not only does Plexus cure arthritis-damaged joints, it also lengthens your fingers, lightens your skin, updates your manicure, replaces your old furniture, and makes a MacBook appear on your kitchen table! Wow!!

And texting and typing are good! Not cooking, cleaning, opening jars, washing your hair, getting dressed, etc.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Why does Jill get in the pics like she's one of the girls? You're not young,Jill!

2 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

Back in December, I shared a picture of what Nathan would look like with a beard. I really think it would improve his looks immensely. It would also fit the outdoorsy look of a lawncare professional. I know quite a few guys with his kind of features - big nose, weak chin, very lean - who went from goofy dork to macho mountain man by growing a beard.

He would look better if he let his hair grow a bit,too.At least over his forehead

• Love 7

Ok. First, they are NOT “blouses.” Second, apparently they have promoted another “Not Nurie“ to take Nurie’s place. Third: JillyRod, you are NOT their “best friends.” You do not belong there. Slither back where you came from. 

I think once Nurie left the nest, and apparently thriving, JillRod is tightening the ropes and we shall not see another marriage for a while.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I love how it looks like they are all pointing at their boobs in the first picture. Very modest.

OMG, my first thought was, they're pointing at their titties. LOL

And I find the fit of JillR's shirt severely sluttish.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

yep Tessie has moved up to be the next not Nurie. She turned 13 just before the grieving of Nurie's wedding and departure. Tessie will be plastered with makeup any minute now

as for the t-shirt pics - I thought on first glance they were all giving the finger, with both hands

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I love how it looks like they are all pointing at their boobs in the first picture. Very modest.

She's also apparently urged a quite young daughter to point at her boobs, wear an eyetrap quote (tm Bill Gothard) on top of her boobs, and pose for the camera with a come-hither tilt to the head and distinctly coquettish smile. Good job, incredibly pure, moral and virtuous Christian mother. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

He'd probably look better, but I wonder how uncomfortable that would be in a Florida summer working outside. A lot of guys I know around here in Arkansas shave their beards in the summer due to the heat and humidity, and I know Florida is even worse. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Of course Jill wants to look young; she'll be a grandma by this time next year. 🙄

Once Nurie gives birth, I'll call her grandma Jill. She'll probably want to be called something like Lolli. 

I'll guess Gigi or Juju.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1