Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Perhaps it's the lighting/shadows, but the littlest girl in the front looks like she's got a green dress on instead of a white one?

Also, WHY ARE THERE TWO SETS OF GREENS HAPPENING?! You can't have yellow-green and blue-green in the same event - it doesn't go. (This has been bugging me for days.) I'm not a yellow-green fan, but at least have everything match. goodness!

The Windsors got the green right, and used it sparingly. It seems like a hard color to match, and the challenge was beyond Jill's abilities. 

7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She's too much of a narcissist for that....if she failed to find a lucrative deal it would doubtless be a toss-up between Satan and the everlasting prejudice against Christians that she has to endure...

Then, she's just being a bitch. However, while we are curious about these wedding photos, our lives go on either way. Jill gets stuck in her tiny life. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Same age as Sarah (41, I believe). No kids. It's also his first marriage.

Fundie dregs....just imagine....I suppose it would be too much to hope that they were single for so long because of some sense of standards and expectations?

• Love 2

Sally Mally is the author of Before You Meet Prince Charming. She has two younger siblings a sister Grace and a brother Stephen.

There's a few older single Sarahs. The most famous is Sarah Maxwell, who is 38 and still single. Sarah Maxwell has 5 brothers, who are all married and most have kids. (Jesse just got married.) Sarah Maxwell's sisters are unmarried. All three sisters live at home.  Their father is control freak Steve. 

Sarah Mally Hancock and Sarah Maxwell get confused, which is why I'm posting this. 

• Useful 5

I'm pretty sure Jill has never been embarrassed in her life. I think she is physically incapable of experiencing it or understanding it. I think she thinks she's being coy. LOL

I went looking for the male model. Oh my. I've mentioned on here that I went to C of O. We had a running joke about anything slightly risque being greeted with a sarcastic "That's not C of O appropriate!" (Bonus points if said in a whiny nasally voice.) That's literally what I blurted out to nobody when I saw that NSFW pic. 😆

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)

Janessa was in green. Hannah and Tessie were Jr. bridesmaids, while the other littles were all flower girls. None of the Wallers' kids or Anna's kids took part.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

08D3F361-DFAE-4904-984B-83304E26FA03.jpeg

Jill posted more photos 

Anna’s kids weren’t in the wedding as far as I can tell

Of course Jill was the matron of honor Nuri probably wasn’t allowed to ask anyone else 

At first I thought that was a parody post making fun of her random caps. LOLOLOL

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

08D3F361-DFAE-4904-984B-83304E26FA03.jpeg

Jill posted more photos 

Anna’s kids weren’t in the wedding as far as I can tell

Of course Jill was the matron of honor Nuri probably wasn’t allowed to ask anyone else 

Jill sounds a little snippy. 

Nathan and Nurie managed to get away. Good for them. I hope they enjoy some time together before the Rods decide on a vacation trip to Florida.

• Love 10

I liked that the bridesmaids got to pick their dresses. They looked really nice AND the colors matched, so they had to go to a professional. 

The little girls were always going to be in the frilliest dresses money could buy. The older girls probably know how to work Jill (a little), but the little ones are no match. 

And, yes, Jill, of course you were Nurie’s matron of honor. Besides her sisters, who else is she going to ask?  At least you wore a bridesmaid color and not white. 🙄

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

The little girls were always going to be in the frilliest dresses money could buy. 

Probably bought from a thrift store after the ebil Catholics donated their First Communion outfits.  Shoes too!

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, sheshark said:

Probably bought from a thrift store after the ebil Catholics donated their First Communion outfits.  Shoes too!

It’s ok. Jill prayed over them, and now they are the best, most wonderful dresses EVER. 

• LOL 10

Poor Nathan.  Married all of 4 days and the mother-in-law from hell is probably calling at all hours of the day and making Nurie cry. His “compassion” must be wearing thin.
I really despise that narcissistic bitch Jill.  Such a vile excuse for a human being.

• Love 19

The one sister has the mint green on her sleeves. All the adults wore ballet flats, but the the youngest kids. And what a lovely picture of the bride and her mom/MOH - in a bathroom.

What were the words the Duggars were throwing around in regard to fashion? Classic and classy? This wedding was neither.

Happy for Nurie that there's no correlation between a well put together wedding and a happy marriage.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

At least no one came dressed as Camilla!

Well, I'd applaud anybody who showed up to one of the Royals' weddings credibly disguised as Diana's ghost. 

....I'm thinking the equivalent for a Rod wedding would be a sorrowing Jesus who just keeps looking at Jill, very skeptically, from a distance, all the time. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Speaking of the Plaths, I don't know that any of this has hit this forum, but one of the brothers, the 19 year old, Micah, I think, has been apparently putting together a portfolio as a male model of the very scantily clad variety. And he is stunning. Some photos have shown up on the Fundie Wonderland page on Facebook, but I haven't posted or linked since I'm not sure that the Plaths are closely enough tied to the Duggars for their own subject here, plus, frankly, the last photo I saw bordered on not safe for work. I'll leave it to someone else to play sleuth if it's appropriate here.

Wow. I just looked him up. You aren't kidding. If only one of the Duggarlings or Rodrigui had the looks to do that! I'd love to see JB's and M's  or J's and D's heads explode! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Fundie dregs....just imagine....I suppose it would be too much to hope that they were single for so long because of some sense of standards and expectations?

Well, we know that at least one of that couple spent her time waiting for prince charming (and writing a book about it being worth that wait, long before the male waiter showed up...).....But I'd really like to hear from one of the men about the paragon he was waiting for.......and how he finally found her and why that was worth the wait.........I'll have to wait till hell freezes over for that, though, I suppose. In this bin of casual misogyny. 

• Love 9

I can't hold it in any longer. The wedding dress. Mattel wouldn't even make that for a Barbie. The veil, although tasteful, even a little playful, does not go with the dress or the hairstyle. The necklace, that looks a wee bit like a rosary, is too long for the neckline. And then the hairstyle.

But back to that dress. I hope its a one of a kind.

I like Nurie's bracelet.

• Love 17
(edited)

Actually, Nurie's dress and veil look nice? Her hair is a mess, though. Couldn't someone have styled it for her? Why is it a fundie requirement for brides to wear their hair in loose do-nothing waves down the front? And what's going on with her long bangs?

It's pretty striking how comparatively normal the non-Rodriguezes look in the photo. What's up with the one sister's weird lips(tick) and the other one's insanely overplucked eyebrows? Is Jill making them look freakish on purpose so she'll look better herself?

Edited by graefin
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Perhaps it's the lighting/shadows, but the littlest girl in the front looks like she's got a green dress on instead of a white one?

Also, WHY ARE THERE TWO SETS OF GREENS HAPPENING?! You can't have yellow-green and blue-green in the same event - it doesn't go. (This has been bugging me for days.) I'm not a yellow-green fan, but at least have everything match. goodness!

I thought the same thing .. why the different greens through the wedding party

Also I’m not a fan of the green of the bridesmaids dresses with the purple of the bouquets and I do like green and purple together

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Totally said:

I thought the same thing .. why the different greens through the wedding party

Also I’m not a fan of the green of the bridesmaids dresses with the purple of the bouquets and I do like green and purple together

I like green and purple together if done tastefully. Otherwise it reminds me of a tablecloth with bunches of grapes.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I like green and purple together if done tastefully. Otherwise it reminds me of a tablecloth with bunches of grapes.

I still think their use of the purple-green color scheme is more like the Lysergic acid diethylamide version. 😁

Just sayin'. (but if Jill Rodrigues is not the hallucinogenic version of something, I don't know what is...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Nurie looks like a skeleton in that dress. The dress should fit, and this one looks big for her

And it looks she she might have added a panel overlay at the top. Whoever did that might have thought about taking the dress in a bit.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wow. I just looked him up. You aren't kidding. If only one of the Duggarlings or Rodrigui had the looks to do that! I'd love to see JB's and M's  or J's and D's heads explode! 

Not a chance 🤣. Duggar boys look 45 at 18. Rod boys look like starving scarecrows. Imagine if Micah Plath showed up he’d be like Justin Bieber of fundie stardom. Jill would try to snag him for one of her starving waifs. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Her hair is a mess, though. Couldn't someone have styled it for her?

That was my first thought.  She could have had an elaborate updo or something.  I guess the long hair thing is like a crown in fundie circles.

• Love 4
On 7/28/2020 at 1:25 AM, Zella said:

I didn't know the younger Duggars cried at their siblings' weddings, but given the sister mom thing I can see why. The people who did more of the actual child raising were leaving them. I do remember watching a really awkward clip of Derick and Jill saying goodbye en route to Danger America and one of the younger girls just sobbing uncontrollably. I think it was right around the time of the Josh scandal, so I'm sure there was a lot of stress in that house in general, but if I remember correctly, Jill was the only one consoling her. Everyone else just stood there like a goober while she was crying. 

The little kids crying when an older sibling gets married makes sense. My great aunt was 4 when her eldest sister got married (this was in 1931) and she fell asleep during the backyard reception, when she woke up her sister was gone and she cried because she did not get to say goodbye. Her Mom consoled her that her sister was just living up the street and she could see her in a few days. 

All of the little kids love Nurie and change is hard. Of course they are going to miss her and Nurie isn’t moving a few blocks away. JILL’s attention loving ass shouldve comforted her younger children and told them it was normal to miss Nurie, but they could still call and FaceTime her etc. Not capture their tears on camera and use it as an opportunity to snark on us heathens. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Oh my god, the posture on that crowd...

I know.  I just want to make them stand up straight.  And the dresses being too long on some of the girls made me worry that someone would trip and fall.

• Love 5

I feel like I make the same comment every time I see one or more of these fundy men trying to wear a suit, but why are the suits always too big???  I know it is not because they refuse to have their measurements taken.   You can figure out that the inseam is too long by just trying the pants on--too much ankle showing, go up a size, too much fabric pooling on the tops of your feet, go down a size.  Are they that dumb they cannot figure out what 30X32 or 30X30 means?  They can get the waist measurement correct, but not the inseam.

And don't get me started on the rentals for the groomsmen.  Did they just guess their sizes at the shop?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Someone in the Fundie Wonderland fb group found the source for the bridesmaid dresses. The modesty alterations are pretty horrible. The safety pin Jill's using to raise the neckline is a disaster. Reminds me of Michelle's modesty panel for her tin man dress, which, awful as it was, may actually have been better since the dress's bodice wasn't pulled and puckered. Jill should have just worn a separate shirt underneath. 😅

https://www.davidsbridal.com/SearchDisplay?catalogId=10051&facets=productColorToFamily%3A%22Green_Meadow%22&langId=-1&resultType=products&productSize=small&pageSize=30&storeId=10052&pageNumber=1&pageView=grid&categoryId=3002779

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I keep thinking that Lawson Bates must be very upset that Micah Plath is actually modeling.  I'm sure he can't believe any guy could ever be more attractive than he (thinks) he is. 

Bahahahahahaha for real! I bet he would be super pissed. 

I'm surprised at the lack of Dingus in the wedding. . . . 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel like I make the same comment every time I see one or more of these fundy men trying to wear a suit, but why are the suits always too big???  I know it is not because they refuse to have their measurements taken.   You can figure out that the inseam is too long by just trying the pants on--too much ankle showing, go up

And don't get me started on the rentals for the groomsmen.  Did they just guess their sizes at the shop?

Why yes they did because of the fact that you have to go near the **** to measure the inseam and that is a no no. Because according to a fundie I know that is what turns a male gay.😂

• LOL 12