Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Good lord, I almost barfed trying to read Jill's Mr. Keller suck up fest. And I wonder how many of those tracts end up on the ground or in the trash 5 seconds after Mr. Keller gives them out?

Are Nathan and Nurie now legally required to clutch hands whenever they are together?

• Love 13

My advice to Nathan and the  Kellers, run!  Lock the doors and turn off the lights.  Pretend you aren't home. Unless the Kellers plan to support Nurie's whole family, get out now.  This is only the start.  Before they know it the new in-laws will be living in their yard.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, beagletime said:

My advice to Nathan and the  Kellers, run!  Lock the doors and turn off the lights.  Pretend you aren't home. Unless the Kellers plan to support Nurie's whole family, get out now.  This is only the start.  Before they know it the new in-laws will be living in their yard.  

They already are! 😮

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

His name is Michael and he often goes by Mike. Oldest Duggar grandson is named Michael after him. 

I don't play the name game often, but when Smuganna announced the boy, I knew it would be Michael James. That pick was easy money.

• Love 6

So the Kellers aren’t just *letting* Nathan marry Nurie, they seem to be actively working (and spending!) to make the match happen. I’ve been thinking about why they are planning to willingly and seemingly happily hitch their wagon to the Rodrigues circus of crazy and the only thing that makes sense is that they’re desperate to get Nathan married off and don’t think he could find a better match. But why? His family is poor and he’s butt ugly, but the Kellers are fundie royalty, which I would think would count for something. They have already lost three children to lives outside the cult, so maybe they’re concerned that if they marry him to anyone more “liberal” (like a girl who went to college or wears pants) he might follow suit. The Rodrigueses have a lot of flaws, but they’re certainly indoctrinated enough for the Kellers to not worry that Nurie will lead Nathan down the fundie-light path. Or maybe Nathan isn’t into girls or sex and the Kellers realize that Nurie is unlikely to complain about that as long as he knocks her up once in a while and she doesn’t have to go home to Jill and the room of 1000 bunk beds. It’s a puzzler.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

New picture up. Jill is kissing up so hard. She is thirstier than Jeremy. And you can leave comments.

Keller-Duggar family. So very blessed to have sat in the same spot as Josh Duggar!!! WTH???!!! You are blessed to be adjacent to a child molester? Keller’s paid for the meal. Yay. Rods are low life disgusting grifters. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

New picture up. Jill is kissing up so hard. She is thirstier than Jeremy. And you can leave comments.

Keller-Duggar family. So very blessed to have sat in the same spot as Josh Duggar!!! WTH???!!! You are blessed to be adjacent to a child molester? Keller’s paid for the meal. Yay. Rods are low life disgusting grifters. 

I'd love to watch Jeremy and Jill R interact. 🤣

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

So the Kellers aren’t just *letting* Nathan marry Nurie, they seem to be actively working (and spending!) to make the match happen. I’ve been thinking about why they are planning to willingly and seemingly happily hitch their wagon to the Rodrigues circus of crazy and the only thing that makes sense is that they’re desperate to get Nathan married off and don’t think he could find a better match. But why? His family is poor and he’s butt ugly, but the Kellers are fundie royalty, which I would think would count for something. They have already lost three children to lives outside the cult, so maybe they’re concerned that if they marry him to anyone more “liberal” (like a girl who went to college or wears pants) he might follow suit. The Rodrigueses have a lot of flaws, but they’re certainly indoctrinated enough for the Kellers to not worry that Nurie will lead Nathan down the fundie-light path. Or maybe Nathan isn’t into girls or sex and the Kellers realize that Nurie is unlikely to complain about that as long as he knocks her up once in a while and she doesn’t have to go home to Jill and the room of 1000 bunk beds. It’s a puzzler.

Have you seen his face? His 23 year old face? That guy has won the lottery with Nurie. This is a man who occasionally wears identical outfits with his non twin brother. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The Maxwells, or Steve, at least, also claimed that Mama Terry Maxwell’s depression was caused by her addiction to Diet Pepsi.  I don’t believe we ever heard that she got therapy or medication for it and there was never a mention of how having umpteen kids and a seriously stunted life controlled by her husband might’ve exacerbated things.

To be fair to Stevehovah, this isn't true. They decided Pepsi (regular, actually, not diet, my guilty pleasure as well) was coming between Terri and Jesus, and that she needed to sacrificially give it up. They didn't in any way at all connect it to her depression. They even went so far as to admit that it was worse after she gave birth and that they knew hormones were out of whack, but still didn't want to interfere with God's plan by using medication. I'm linking both blogs below:

https://articles.titus2.com/nothing-between/

https://articles.titus2.com/a-journey-through-depression/

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I’m wondering if the laser surgery isn’t connected to a breast tumor but instead to a met, like a brain tumor.

She may have already had breast surgery and not want everyone up in her business.

Yet she continues to put all kinds of personal medical out there for complete strangers?

• Love 8

Jill is beyond thirsty. She posted that the Keller's took her to the place where Josh and Anna got engaged. And how special it was.  She not only sold Nurie to the highest bidder, but to a family with reality tv connections. If this isn't a set up, I don't know what is. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Terry Maxwell became involved in a bondage affair with Pepsi Cola? Interesting. Maybe Stevie is even duller than we thought. 

Wait until married Nurie drinks her first full can of Pepsi. It will be all downhill from there. 

I now have a mental image of them singing the first line of Lana Del Rey's song "Cola" as part of their Pepsi-induced rebellion, and that is not a mental image that will go away anytime soon. . . . 

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, Zella said:

I'd love to watch Jeremy and Jill R interact. 🤣

Please don't pitch a show idea for "Conservative Evangelical Swap."

They'd all volunteer because they want to be breakout stars. 

Note: Not 'Fundie Swap." Jer's not a fundie. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
Just now, Churchhoney said:

Please don't pitch a show idea for "Conservative Evangelical Swap."

They'd all volunteer because they want to be breakout stars. 

Hahaha Fair enough! I just really wanna see Jeremy's reaction if Jill and David pulled up in Jeremy's yard unannounced with their RV.

mornin-shitters-full-39096883.png

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9030E2B5-F514-4A74-BE51-10B1B07921A9.jpeg

Nurie is literally nothing but skin and bones and boobs.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen earlobes as large as her’s.

Edited by farmgal4
Added “boobs”
  • LOL 1

She looks to me like she's lost weight since they got engaged.  I hate to think of someone her size trying to slim for the wedding.  I hope she isn't trying to get into that wedding dress Jill bought for her years ago.

• Love 1

Laughing out loud on these pics:

It's clear she didn't even realize they spelled the surname wrong because she posted the first pic and then the SECOND one is a close up of the name. (By the way, this wasn't some enormous sign outside -- it was on the monitor inside (what looks to be) the conference room in this church. And get a load of all those engaged hostages churchgoers who attended. Average age: one step in the grave.

The jacket on the guy in the last picture is a thing to behold for sure. 

1 hour ago, Zella said:

Hahaha Fair enough! I just really wanna see Jeremy's reaction if Jill and David pulled up in Jeremy's yard unannounced with their RV.

mornin-shitters-full-39096883.png

Jeremy lives in someone’s house he is a freeloader like Rods. He just dresses up better.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
36 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's clear she didn't even realize they spelled the surname wrong because she posted the first pic and then the SECOND one is a close up of the name. (By the way, this wasn't some enormous sign outside -- it was on the monitor inside (what looks to be) the conference room in this church. And get a load of all those engaged hostages churchgoers who attended. Average age: one step in the grave.

And look at the joy on their faces ... "We will pick you up in the church bus, and you will attend the dinner and "concert"! 

• LOL 12
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy lives in someone’s house he is a freeloader like Rods. He just dresses up better.

Yes, that's very true! At least Cousin Eddie (as far as we know) owned his own RV! 🤣

I could see him dying of shame on the spot, though, if they pulled up. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes, that's very true! At least Cousin Eddie (as far as we know) owned his own RV! 🤣

I could see him dying of shame on the spot, though, if they pulled up. 

Didn’t Smuggar park his RV in the Vuolos’ driveway when the family did that made for TV trip to LA? I bet Jer wasn’t thrilled to bits about that. No way he would have anything to do with the Rods. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Didn’t Smuggar park his RV in the Vuolos’ driveway when the family did that made for TV trip to LA? I bet Jer wasn’t thrilled to bits about that. No way he would have anything to do with the Rods. 

I think you might be right!

That's a real Sophie's Choice game of would you rather. Would you rather have Josh or Jill Rod pull up in your driveway with an RV and plans to stay for a month?

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

That's a church??  It looks like a senior citizens center.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

the pics are a riot -

I was sure someone else would have pointed out already the guy in the loud coat is standing behind a podium thing made out of a wheeled suitcase, a storage tote top and a tv tray with piece of fabric draped over it.

now that's classy 😂

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think that guy in the last pic is the pastor in his magic act which could maybe explain the jacket

Edited by Fostersmom
reading comprehension is my friend
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

LOL. That's what is (was) known as a "Smoking Jacket".

I thought is was the resuscitated corpse of Hugh Hefner.

On a happy note, the tables looked clean and nicely decorated, so there was a pay-off for the hostages.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3