Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t frequent these forums often but I thought I’d ask, has anyone seen a pic of Erin Bates’ little baby with her eyes open? The only pics I’ve seen are with her sleeping. 

ETA: I found one. 😂

Sry,idk why that posted 2x

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, they don't follow Gothard. They're just hard line IFB.

Plus doesn't it cost to be a part of IBLP, ATI, etc.?  I don't think anything Gothard related is free.  Those week long family retreats the families attend each year aren't cheap as well as Alert & JTH.  I'm not sure the Rods could scrape together or grift enough money to be an active Gothardite family. 

• Love 8
On 1/3/2020 at 2:24 PM, Aunt Catfish said:

My husband Uncle Catfish (?) is from Canton and he has relatives in Wooster.  It isn't too far from "civilization" and is actually a charming town.  Lots of Amish in that area.  Maybe this family is going even farther off the grid and joining them.  Heck, what am I thinking?  No social media then......hopefully those skinny children can fill out on some of the fine Amish cheese that is made around there.  I can dream...

I am from Wooster.  I was shocked by this news. I currently live about an hour away from Wooster, near Cleveland. Population is probably about 30,000 and is the largest city/town in Wayne County. Nice community. semi-diverse for central Ohio. Has a liberal college there - College of Wooster. And surrounded by Amish, mennonite, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/12/2020 at 6:03 AM, Snow Fairy said:

Stupid staged photos..or is she really painting barefoot?

This Bates is gorgeous. And I think she knows it.

Layla? As in the Eric Clapton song?  Very sexy name .....

ETA: Everyone is so focused on the two Keller brothers, who look as though they're flying somewhere to meet up with their Robotics Team, that everyone has failed to notice that the #Davidncil family are all dressed as matching pumpkins.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I haven't checked the Pecan blog, but this is the time of the year for the ATI conference in Australia. I want to know why Nathan and David are dressed identically. Don't they know how stupid they look?

I think the woman next to Priscilla is Rebekah. Maybe she dropped them off?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

David and Shrader passed out tracts today. Also, I believe that Nehimiah is the one who is having seizures. 

I wonder if the Zambia family shaves the kids’ heads for disobedience. Pris really is a trooper and a baby incubating machine. A trip halfway around the world while almost 5 months pregnant while managing 4 kids. Those were the months when I could barely keep my eyes open. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, that's Davia. Love her! 

Also noticed that the young woman is back. Looks like one of David's sisters. She's too old to be Esther's oldest daughter, who is only 15 or thereabouts.

Yep. Alatheia turns 16 this year. 

It's going to be very interesting how the Shrader kids re-adjust if they go back to the US. Most of those kids don't know anything beyond Zambia. I imagine their lives have been extremely insular while living there too. 

• Love 4

I read the post, and I have questions. First, they said they would induce if the pathology came back positive, so I assume the worst. 

Next, it appears that Anna is attempting a home birth. Can midwives induce at home in Kansas, or did she have to be induced elsewhere only to go home and hope it worked? She will go to the hospital in the morning to be re-assessed if she hasn't had the baby overnight. She's right around 37 weeks, so the baby should be fine. Her medical team seems to be proactive,  so hopefully they can start treatments, whatever is decided to be best, right away. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I read the post, and I have questions. First, they said they would induce if the pathology came back positive, so I assume the worst. 

Next, it appears that Anna is attempting a home birth. Can midwives induce at home in Kansas, or did she have to be induced elsewhere only to go home and hope it worked? She will go to the hospital in the morning to be re-assessed if she hasn't had the baby overnight. She's right around 37 weeks, so the baby should be fine. Her medical team seems to be proactive,  so hopefully they can start treatments, whatever is decided to be best, right away. 

I think in some inductions, the mom goes to the hospital to have her membranes stretched, and a cervical softening gel is inserted.  This in the hope to start labor, or at least soften the cervix.  Then in the morning, she returns to the hospital for a pictocin induction, unless she gave birth overnight, stupidly at home with an early baby.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Is that Davia in the first picture? If so, she's still the queen of the "over it" facial expressions.

Between Davia and the young man in the second picture, I am getting the sense that the Schraders are pretty unimpressive.

• Love 2

The Book of "Roman's", Pris?

Really???!?  How many times in your life have you looked at an open Bible, girlfriend?

Those poor kids are doomed, unless David can stay home from IBLP headquarters to be the English tutor.

• Love 9

I know,that kills me when I see ppl write things like 'banana's'.They don't understand the ' denotes possession.Since the bananas don't own themselves,it's simply 'bananas'

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, sondraK said:

I know,that kills me when I see ppl write things like 'banana's'.They don't understand the ' denotes possession.Since the bananas don't own themselves,it's simply 'bananas'

Agreed! and Pris super doesn't understand this one, because it's clearly obvious that the author of the Bible book is talking about and to a batch of people, which there's no way she's escaped that fact as someone steeped in the broth.  I doubt she'd write "today we ministered to the Namibian's"; or maybe she would!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

David and Shrader passed out tracts today. Also, I believe that Nehimiah is the one who is having seizures. 

Now I want to start a brewery.  All of my beers will be named after books from the Bible.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, queenanne said:

The Book of "Roman's", Pris?

Really???!?  How many times in your life have you looked at an open Bible, girlfriend?

Those poor kids are doomed, unless David can stay home from IBLP headquarters to be the English tutor.

What's wrong with that ? How are the two Corinthians supposed to know that the book belongs to Roman. .

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, sondraK said:

That's in no way exclusive to fundie dingbats. I see it all the time. I find it amusing when people use apostrophes correctly in one sentence, and incorrectly in the next. 

People don't understand the proper usage of commas and periods, either. 

Back on topic: I think that photo is the last time Jill R washed her face. That's the only logical explanation for the eyeliner crust. She did have "closer to god" 1980s hair, though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, sondraK said:

This may be my number one pet peeve (and there are many!). I actually saw a sign IN a bookstore (incidentally a somewhat religious one) that said “book’s.) 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

On 1/14/2020 at 10:27 PM, Heathen said:

Nathan kind of reminds me of one of the KKK members/redneck scum in Mississippi Burning. Not saying Nathan is a racist! but the resemblance to those characters is very real, especially with that shirt. 

Well, not Klan level racist, but probably somewhat. Gothard and his friends subscribe to the revisionist history view of the Civil War, glorifying the Confederacy and glossing over what it was really about. 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:06 AM, Westiepeach said:

Don't the Rods follow Gothard already? Or am I making stuff up? I mean, the banana curls, the make-up to highlight their countenance, the modesty shirts/skirts, the daddy worship...

I've always assumed that attending the seminars was just too expensive for the Rods. But yes, virtually all their views line up with Gothard's. I hope they don't subscribe to his truly chilling views on things like cancer being caused by wives not being submissive, but then again, I'm not sure even all of his diehard supporters buy into that. I hope not, anyway.

57 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill always had bad hair lol. David got hit with an ugly stick for sure.

Nuriekins didn’t write that. 

Go feed the kids Jill Goldilocks.

Oh, I don't doubt for a second that Nurie wrote it. She's Jill's favorite and truly believes her mom walks on water. Too bad the Kool-Aid she drinks isn't the real kind, or she wouldn't be underweight at all! Out of curiosity, why don't you think Nurie wrote it when we have seen her on video many times talking just like this and endlessly praising her parents?

• Love 2

Didn't we just have one of those "thank you the best Momma" ever posts recently?

I should have typed "post's" lol, sorry had to.

How pathetic is Jill's ego that she has to be praised constantly? It must be tiring never doing anything wrong. I certainly wouldn't know.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now I want to start a brewery.  All of my beers will be named after books from the Bible.  

I want to try Revelation,LOL

What is that suit David is wearing? He looks like a soldier.

Jill looked better with brown hair,imo

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

What is that suit David is wearing? He looks like a soldier.

It appears to be a patterned sweater or blazer over either a collared shirt or a turtleneck?

The weird alien flash that we noted in Abbie's maternity photos seems to be erupting from the back of David's head here, like a supernatural cowlick. 

• LOL 10
33 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Is anyone born with Jill shade of blonde? 

FWIW, I have some male cousins who have maintained towheads into adulthood, and it's not dyed. So, it does happen. But obviously not with Jill. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

It appears to be a patterned sweater or blazer over either a collared shirt or a turtleneck?

The weird alien flash that we noted in Abbie's maternity photos seems to be erupting from the back of David's head here, like a supernatural cowlick. 

It was a sign from God to run far away!