Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

How about starting with teaching a 19-year-old young lady that you don't wipe snot on your arm and shirt unless you're 2. 

Yet no one handed her any Kleenex until, what, seven or eight minutes in until she had literally used the hem of her shirt to wipe her nose? I don't know whether she was somehow emotionally tied to that chair, telling her story and unable to break for a tissue or what, but that was all sorts of wrong.

• Love 16

It really is hard to believe that Nurie and the sister were in the same car accident. 

I don't know what to think.  Did Nurie freshen up after getting out of the car?  It's so damn bizarre. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, NotFundie said:

Someone mentioned this earlier but I can't spot exactly where now.  I wonder if Kaylee was driving?  Her injuries are on the left side of her face -- consistent with cuts from the driver's side window being down and possible contact with the steering wheel.  Maybe that's why Nurie was so weird and looked rehearsed for the video.  Did they not have Kaylee on the insurance?  Not that they seem to be able to use the insurance but that might be why she was more banged up than Nurie.  That would also explain why Jill isn't talking about her.  Nurie is the golden child anyway and it would only make Kaylee more of a pariah if she wrecked the car and endangered her sister.  Kaylee is mentioned but it's still all about Nurie.  

Fundraiser is up to $2,332 now.  That more than covers the value of the old Civic.

She posted a pic today on Facebook with the girls and Amy.  "They all cried together. Kevin and Amy had a KEEN understanding of what they went through."  Jill the Drama Queen milks it for all it's worth.  She mentions how grateful Nurie is to her sister but it's still ALL ABOUT NURIE.   Poor Kaylee's eye still looks pretty bad.

I've entertained that idea too . It looks like the passenger's side was more in the watery part of that ditch than the driver's side .

• Love 4

Thanks for reposting. Nurie was not in that car accident in the way they describe. In the neck brace presumably very soon after the accident, she is not wet, muddy, dirty, or disheveled. I don’t want to think that they are capable of such story telling but the pictures paint a completely different story.  I wonder if she was even in the car. 

• Love 16
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

Thanks for reposting. Nurie was not in that car accident in the way they describe. In the neck brace presumably very soon after the accident, she is not wet, muddy, dirty, or disheveled. I don’t want to think that they are capable of such story telling but the pictures paint a completely different story.  I wonder if she was even in the car. 

In the Facebook video Nurie did to beg for donations, she clearly has some stitches in her hand.  She is seen picking at them. I don’t recall if she wiped her nose on the hand with the stitches or the one she used to pick at the stitches.  Six of one, half dozen of the other. 

I do think she was in the car, I don’t believe she was as close to drowning as they claim.  Auto accidents are funny,   one person can be seriously injured while someone else walks away with barely a scratch.  I also think Jill brought her makeup case to the hospital and slapped a bunch of paint on both girls.  I cannot imagine the hospital letting them pose Nurie on a gurney with a neck brace if she wasn’t in the accident.  

As I recall, Jill’s sister became a quadriplegic in an auto accident where her husband and kids walked away with minor stuff.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 6/6/2018 at 5:17 PM, Scarlett45 said:

It was my understanding that in his social circle in AR the molestations were not a secret...of course I could be wrong. 

They weren't much of a secret in homeschooling circles either. We homeschooled (my daughter graduated high school in 2007) and attended a couple of conferences where the Duggars appeared. There was quite a buzz about Josh and his "antics"...

Edited by YupItsMe
2007 not 2017
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't think it was a wise decision to give a written, public account of events leading up to the accident when you still have insurance companies, etc. to deal with. This girl, I'm sure was coaxed by her mother and/or father to make those public statements. They have no common sense. All they thought of was obtaining sympathy so the bucks could roll in. Awful parents.

Good point. Didn't even think of that. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't think it was a wise decision to give a written, public account of events leading up to the accident when you still have insurance companies, etc. to deal with. This girl, I'm sure was coaxed by her mother and/or father to make those public statements. They have no common sense. All they thought of was obtaining sympathy so the bucks could roll in. Awful parents.

Is Nurie's post admissable in court? At the very least she has admitted to being distracted while driving, which would merit a ticket in my state.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Um, no. Nurie does not like she was under water at any time. Makeup? check. Hair? check. Smile? check. Clothes not waterlogged/muddy? Check. Hmmm ...

I cannot believe she (Nurie) still has lipstick on!  I am also side eyeing Jill being in the middle of that pic.  Its all about her.  I am thinking the story is not as presented.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Edited: on second thought I decided not to make any jokes about the makeup on the airbag. Because it was a teenager who was hurt (Kaylee) and I do feel sorry for her.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8
(edited)

The whole thing is weird but it is true, like @doodlebug said, car accidents are weird.  How many times do we read that someone was killed and the other person walks away?  

I do wonder why Nurie didn't have more muck on her clothing but anything with that family is inexplicable, puzzling and bizarre. 

• Love 6

Here's a picture of Jill's pregnant husband at the scene of Nurie's accident.  It doesn't look like the road takes a sharp left turn the way Nurie described.  In the photo you can see the boulder that attacked the car. "There was this big boulder rock right there and it made me bump into the rock and it made me, ah, …"

Jill R.jpg

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Mollie said:

In the photo you can see the boulder that attacked the car.

In an act of revenge, it appears that David has swallowed the boulder whole.

22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sister Accident Ruins Car

$2,347 of $20,000 goal

The pregnancy center they were driving to made a donation.

How pathetic is it that the pregnancy center, which operates primarily because of donations and volunteer staffing, is GIVING a donation to this grifter family?!  

• Love 19
On 6/18/2018 at 9:03 PM, kalamac said:

Does anyone else find it odd that even before they were seemingly trying to sell off Nurie, she was the golden child, when you'd think it would be Tim, as the oldest boy, who would be the always talked about favourite. I swear, until this whole biblical pilot thing (grift, grift, grift), the only time we heard about him was when Jill was saying he was difficult, or when he was 'fasting for the lord'*

*making sure David had enough food

I think Jill is just savvy enough to have noticed that it's the older girls of the Duggar family that get the media's attention. And paid public appearances. And book deals. Jill so blatantly desires that kind of celebrity for herself and the kids that she does everything she thinks the public will go for. 

9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I cannot believe she (Nurie) still has lipstick on!  I am also side eyeing Jill being in the middle of that pic.  Its all about her.  I am thinking the story is not as presented.  

To be fair, certain lipsticks and make up in general have remarkable staying power. Just a couple of months ago someone posted a picture of herself strapped to a gurney just like Nurie. Most of her makeup was a mess but her eye-liner was still flawless, and she posted that picture as part of her review for that eyeliner. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Judging by that picture, I'd bet Nurie wasn't paying attention, veered off the road, hit the rock and ended up in the ditch. That street looks like a fairly straight shot. I don't see any sharp curves or anything else that would indicate a driver couldn't navigate it fairly easily. 

Regarding the makeup, I wonder if Jill springs for Mary Kay. Back in my flight attendant days I used to use their eye shadows and foundation and that stuff had incredible staying power. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

I'm certainly no car accident expert but I think speed was an issue to flip a car like that. 

Maybe they had the radio blasting hip hop, windows open, banana girls blowing in the wind and riding free....going fast would fit the scenario in my head.  :)

• Love 8
(edited)

Jill was grifted a 2016 Hyndai Sonata from a church member.  She said it's the nicest car they've ever had.  She also said the wrecked car was a piece of junk and the bumper had fallen off while driving Tim to bible camp.

However, Jill decided to keep the GFM up til Friday since they need $3,000 for a tow package!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

In an act of revenge, it appears that David has swallowed the boulder whole.

That explains why I don't see any rock that could be called a boulder. I see a big flat rock that must have been the base of the boulder that David swallowed. 

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jill was grifted a 2016 Hyndai Sonata from a church member.  She said it's the nicest car they've ever had.  She also said the wrecked car was a price of junk and the bumper had fallen off while driving Tim to bible camp.

However, Jill decided to keep the GFM up til Friday since they need $3,000 for a tow package!

Holy shit.  Grifty Jill just got a car worth about $14,000.  She's leaving the GFM up in case people feel "burdened" to "be a blessing" and "help their ministry".  (Yeah.  I reported them.  I hope others do as well.)  Oh, sure... she's leaving it up for the $3000 "towing package".  Nope.  A lot of that will be spending money for Jill.  

The video has a lot of Nurie  (smiling and saying "Hi-eee") -- and Jill's thanking God on Nurie's behalf.  "It has blessed her heart that God provided."  She's doing a video of the car.  We see the cupholders.  She's giggly.  She also has on about a pound of make-up.  Lots of jewelry.

I admit I skipped around because there's 23 minutes of the video up on Facebook.  She reads some scripture.  She pushes again for donating for the tow package.  She doesn't want to "be greedy" but just wants their "needs met".  I don't see Kaylee on the video.  

Poor Kaylee.

• Love 8

Serious question from a non-mechanic:  Couldn't they take the tow rigging off the old car and use it on the new one?  I mean, they might need some extra parts but couldn't you re-use it?  The car landed on the roof so the bottom doesn't look too damaged.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That explains why I don't see any rock that could be called a boulder. I see a big flat rock that must have been the base of the boulder that David swallowed. 

LOL

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

Serious question from a non-mechanic:  Couldn't they take the tow rigging off the old car and use it on the new one?  I mean, they might need some extra parts but couldn't you re-use it?  The car landed on the roof so the bottom doesn't look too damaged.

Some parts might be salvageable, but different towing packages are needed for different types of cars. Given the age, make, and model difference between the totaled car and the Sonata, a new package is probably needed.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, kalamac said:

I just googled 2016 Hyundai Sonata Tow Package - and the links were for Trailer hitches (which I'm guessing are the same thing), and they were priced from $144 - $163.

I hope someone calls her out on this lie. 

• Love 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I just googled 2016 Hyundai Sonata Tow Package - and the links were for Trailer hitches (which I'm guessing are the same thing), and they were priced from $144 - $163.

Different things. The trailer hitch is a tow package for the car to tow a trailer. The tow package Jill wants to tow the car behind the RV, so it can be used as the errand car when they travel.  There are three types.

Tow bar - all four tires are in contact with pavement. Price ranges from $60 - 150. (Least safe option)

Tow dolly (what Jill says she wants) - only the front wheels are held in the towing rig, the back wheels roll on the pavement. About $1,400 including shipping on Amazon. (Safer)

Flatbed trailer (what Jill actually wants based on price) - all four wheels off the pavement. Price range $1,000 - 4,000. (Safest option)

Edited by Triple P
  • Love 9

Chelsy Maxwell Bontrager has a new write-up of her wedding ceremony. She has done four previous writings about her wedding and just got to a long write-up of the ceremony. She was married about six months ago. I saw her wedding via live stream, but forgot things like that most of the groomsmen blew noisemakers when they kissed. 

• Love 2

A screen shot from the video is below. I can’t link it but it runs almost 6 minutes. 

I have pronounced Nuri’s name incorrectly all this time! Jill has used this gofundme fraudulently since Saturday. Their yard is nice. I feel bad for Kaylee. Jill mentions driving the car 4 houses down to show her parents and her sister Amy. My head is spinning after watching that video !

Jill mentioned the last time she looked, the gofundme was at around $2,300. This morning it’s 

Sister Accident Ruins Car

$2,372 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 46 people in 5 days

When I went to get that info, the video was no longer on the page. Do Facebook live videos only stay up a limited amount of time, or did Jill remove it? Nuri’s is still there, so I guess that answers my question?

669ED0CB-6E96-4E22-9129-22A06C559D53.png

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When I went to get that info, the video was no longer on the page. Do Facebook live videos only stay up a limited amount of time, or did Jill remove it? Nuri’s is still there, so I guess that answers 

What a conniving bitch she is.  Jill obviously wanted to destroy the evidence that she was given the car on Saturday, before any GoFundMe donations were received. @ginger90:  I'm glad you posted that screenshot above because that post has also been removed from her Facebook!

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Mollie said:

What a conniving bitch she is.  Jill obviously wanted to destroy the evidence that she was given the car on Saturday, before any GoFundMe donations were received. @ginger90:  I'm glad you posted that screenshot above because that post has also been removed from her Facebook!

Probably precisely because they were reported to GoFundMe, no?  I mean, I've never put one up nor had one reported, but I should imagine they send an email to the address you used when signing up/posting/etc. and say "this campaign has been reported for violations", because when I had an Amazon seller account and someone wanted to yell at me for "fraudulently" selling their product (for the record, I was reselling the single iteration of the product I'd bought from the distributor in the first place; no takers, but definitely something which is permitted by Amazon), you can bet Amazon's system had an auto-email to send me, as do outfits like eBay.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Mollie said:

What about the fact that although the GFM claims to be done by Nurie, she admitted on the FB video that Jill was behind it, and wrote it, and "helped" her put it up, because Nurie didn't know how to do it? It's definitely shady, though I'm not familiar with the TOS of GFM so it might not be an actual violation. But still, what a grasping grifting bitch Jill is. And she's training her kids up to be the same way. I'm sure Nurie's learning a lot of lessons from this, and if she has any internal doubts about how it's been handled, I bet they are silenced in all the rejoicing that the Lord has blessed them with this wonderful new vehicle and all the donations of money, so that is proof that they are righteous and good. Because Jesus. 

We will always have grifters for Jesus. It's just too tempting a path for some people to resist. You get to avoid a crushing job or a challenging career - involving, you know, WORK on a daily basis. You get to immerse yourself in reading scripture and pounding the Bible and hanging out with like-minded people who never really challenge any of your opinions and world views. You live in a drama mostly of your own making, where you are serving the Lord and fighting evil and bringing righteousness to people who would otherwise be damned to hell. And you get to preach at people - either from a pulpit or a street corner or a blog or handing out tracts. And there are always enough believers to support your shifting grifting ways. Because Jesus.

• Love 15
52 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

What about the fact that although the GFM claims to be done by Nurie, she admitted on the FB video that Jill was behind it, and wrote it, and "helped" her put it up, because Nurie didn't know how to do it? It's definitely shady, though I'm not familiar with the TOS of GFM so it might not be an actual violation. But still, what a grasping grifting bitch Jill is. And she's training her kids up to be the same way. I'm sure Nurie's learning a lot of lessons from this, and if she has any internal doubts about how it's been handled, I bet they are silenced in all the rejoicing that the Lord has blessed them with this wonderful new vehicle and all the donations of money, so that is proof that they are righteous and good. Because Jesus. 

We will always have grifters for Jesus. It's just too tempting a path for some people to resist. You get to avoid a crushing job or a challenging career - involving, you know, WORK on a daily basis. You get to immerse yourself in reading scripture and pounding the Bible and hanging out with like-minded people who never really challenge any of your opinions and world views. You live in a drama mostly of your own making, where you are serving the Lord and fighting evil and bringing righteousness to people who would otherwise be damned to hell. And you get to preach at people - either from a pulpit or a street corner or a blog or handing out tracts. And there are always enough believers to support your shifting grifting ways. Because Jesus.

I don't think its a violation to have someone help you set up an account on GoFundMe; I know a couple people who've done successful fundraisers there (for real charitable needs) and they've helped other people get started. 

Interesting, isn't it, that when the GoFundMe was set up, they asked for $20,000 and it turns out that that is just about exactly what they got!  A $16,000 car and $3 grand for the tow package.  Remember how we all thought that 20 grand was a big ask for something like that?  Well, ye of little faith!  Isn't it amazing how they were able to come up with that Godly number out of thin air and, thank you, Jebus, that's just about exactly what they got!  I suspect the car was in the pipeline very quickly after the accident and they just didn't receive the title until Saturday.  Jill, the conniving wench, was just being careful not to tip her hand in case someone came up with a better car. It also explains why Jill was out shopping for new outfits on Saturday, she knew they had already met their fundraising goal and figured there was cash to spare.  She could've very easily adjusted the amount on the GoFundMe on Saturday to reflect the fact that the goal was now 3 grand and not 20.

I wish we'd learn that the donor, feeling sorry for the way Jill blamed Nurie and forced her front and center to beg for cash; had signed the title over to Nurie rather than Jill or Shifty.  Of course, Nurie, being the brainwashed puppet she is, would've signed it right over to Mama. 

Looking at the size of the 'boulder-rock' Nurie hit, I think the only way that could've flipped the car onto its hood would be if she was traveling at a very high and unsafe speed along that road.  I wish the cops would cite her, but, Jill would just have her post a weepy GoToFundMe to cover her fines and court costs anyway.

• Love 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, lianau said:

I'm asking myself why I even bother to work .

Because you have a conscience and self respect. You're good people. (ETA: you too @lascuba)

Also, since the car g(r)ifted to Jill has a value of more than $12,000, she should report it on her taxes. Should we take bets on whether or not that happens? 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 17