Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Did he ask for donations for anything particular this time?

I see Jill didn’t get the front row.

No

Anti lbgt speech yes

Jill moaning right, yes, scarred me for life 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

J- jackass                                                        I- insane                                                          L- lunatic                                                          L- lazy             

R- rude                                                O- obstinate                                                      D- demonic                                                        R - raunchy                                                        I-  ignorant                                                        G - gaudy                                                          U- ugly                                                                E- egomaniac                                                    S- SEVERELY 

I was bored. Feel free to add. Lol. 

That's weird. I put them all in a nice list! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

One person did comment 5 hours ago that perhaps it wasn't a good idea to call others " sheep" or "sheeple". There is a little more to the comment but I didn't want to try to go back and forth between posts to try to copy it all. It was still there when I checked a few minutes ago. I can't imagine Jill will leave it for long. 

Unless I am overlooking it, this whole post including pictures and comments is no longer on her Facebook page. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I remember my neighbor (whom I don't like, for this and other reasons) used those on his little dogs.  I think those are abusive to animals, just as declawing cats is cruel and abusive, too.  Why do that stuff, and break the animals' spirits?  Ugh.

• Love 3

Nathan Bates's ex Ashley Sayler Hoover got married last summer and is having a baby in November with her husband Eric Hoover. 

Her younger sister Hannah Sayler is engaged to Ashley's husband's brother Luke Hoover. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

For the last year and a half, we have not had a "real" living room.  People may think a "barndominium" should be plenty of space to turn into a house.  But you see, half the space, was for our printing ministry.  So, when we moved in, we knew we would need to build an addition (for a living room space) as soon as we could afford it.  In the meantime, we threw a couple of old couches in the print shop and called it our "living room".  😬😦  We made the best of it, with smiles of contentment....but deep in my heart, I could not WAIT for a real living room - especially with all the company we hostess at our house year round.  ❤  SO, when the Amish showed up to finally start building, I could not contain my excitement!  

**Be watching for videos / photos of the progress!  💙💙💙

8874C669-351B-4DC1-A0B5-833F85535B50.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

For the last year and a half, we have not had a "real" living room.  People may think a "barndominium" should be plenty of space to turn into a house.  But you see, half the space, was for our printing ministry.  So, when we moved in, we knew we would need to build an addition (for a living room space) as soon as we could afford it.  In the meantime, we threw a couple of old couches in the print shop and called it our "living room".  😬😦  We made the best of it, with smiles of contentment....but deep in my heart, I could not WAIT for a real living room - especially with all the company we hostess at our house year round.  ❤  SO, when the Amish showed up to finally start building, I could not contain my excitement!  

Oh look. The money that should have gone to the kids wellbeing. 

• Love 3

Jill is paying people to build this addition? Frankly, I'd collect as much as possible in advance if Jill hired me to do something. 

I thought Master of All Trades Hunk de Hunk and his child laborers would be doing everything. Maybe "the Amish" are there only to frame, and the inside work will be finished to the same questionable standards as the rest of the barndo's interior. 

• Love 12

I took one for the team!  Thirty-nine minutes of my early morning gone!  Three or five times I thought I had hit  replay on my tablet because Timothy simply repeats himself over and over.

He is so arrogant giving advice to "young ladies dressing inappropriately".  He says dressing inappropriately at least thirty times. 

He never actually comes out and commands young ladies to wear stretched-out paper thin, polyester floor length skirts with outlandish patterns, just like BEST mama, but implies it.

He admits he is only 21 years old but he still pushes his advice on hi audience.  Such an arrogant prick!

He still has his job, but hopes soon to be totally self-supporting with his lawn business.

• Useful 10
  • Love 1
Just now, MargeGunderson said:

I think it’s more than a fixation, I think Jill fetishes the Amish. It is disrespectful and frankly gross.

Can you imagine how the Amish workers would react if Jill came out to give them a refreshing drink (of Plexus) and tried to "save" them? They'd take one look at her garish make-up and strange talk and retreat to their buggies!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, louannems said:

I took one for the team!  Thirty-nine minutes of my early morning gone!  Three or five times I thought I had hit  replay on my tablet because Timothy simply repeats himself over and over.

He is so arrogant giving advice to "young ladies dressing inappropriately".  He says dressing inappropriately at least thirty times. 

He never actually comes out and commands young ladies to wear stretched-out paper thin, polyester floor length skirts with outlandish patterns, just like BEST mama, but implies it.

He admits he is only 21 years old but he still pushes his advice on hi audience.  Such an arrogant prick!

He still has his job, but hopes soon to be totally self-supporting with his lawn business.

I sure his lawn business will bring in big bucks during the winter months. 😒

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I sure his lawn business will bring in big bucks during the winter months. 😒

A lot of lawn services in the north provide snow plowing services in the winter.  So if they have a snowy winter he could do very well.  (Larger companies are able to charge a flat fee for plowing service so whether it snows a lot or a little they get the same income…smaller services usually charge by the hour)

My question is:  was their home listed as a “barndominium”?  Or is Jill’s use of that word proof that she reads here? 

Edited by KeyLime
Completing my thoughts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, KeyLime said:

My question is:  was their home listed as a “barndominium”?  Or is Jill’s use of that word proof that she reads here? 

The listing described it as a barndominium.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

I wonder if Tim was able to keep his job at the care center after he and BEST MOMMA spilled too much information about the residents on social media. I'm sure he was given a final warning not to say anything about the people, the location, or his duties. He's also stopped filming his little talks in the break room. This job offers a steady income, promotions, insurance, and other benefits, so it's a good deal. He's also able to socialize with other employees. I hope he's still there. 

Without plowing equipment, could he make a decent living from the gutter and lawn business? I know housecleaning was added, with the not-Nuries doing the work, but I'm not sure how much that brings in. He can't live in that trailer for years more, so I hope he's thinking about his future. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if Tim was able to keep his job at the care center after he and BEST MOMMA spilled too much information about the residents on social media. I'm sure he was given a final warning not to say anything about the people, the location, or his duties. He's also stopped filming his little talks in the break room. This job offers a steady income, promotions, insurance, and other benefits, so it's a good deal. He's also able to socialize with other employees. I hope he's still there. 

Without plowing equipment, could he make a decent living from the gutter and lawn business? I know housecleaning was added, with the not-Nuries doing the work, but I'm not sure how much that brings in. He can't live in that trailer for years more, so I hope he's thinking about his future. 

What future does Timmy have? Best Mama Ever is making sure none of her blessings succeed in life. Especially the boys. The girls have a teeny chance of getting married off and leaving Dodge… but the boys? Nah. Also I doubt she would sell any of the NotNuries off to anyone out of state, like Nurie. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 4
(edited)

Does Tim have a truck that he could fit with a plow blade? And who would be his customers? Not the Amish (to Jill’s regret) and probably not other rural neighbors, who likely have their own plows. I doubt Tim is going to be able to go full time with his landscaping job any time soon. 

ETA: I suppose he could get work from the county to plow, but why hire him?

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Timmy is talking about the young ladies dressing inappropriately because mama's new book for girl's and young ladies will be fresh off the home printing machine soon and they need to sell.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

I can't imagine any county or municipality hiring Kiefer Tim to do plowing. They want actual companies with, you know, insurance and bonding and stuff. And good equipment that won't break down when it's needed. 

I wonder if the Rodriguii run on Duggar time. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

$5 says Tim gives mama his entire check and she gives him an allowance 

No doubt. They have to charge him rent for that portion of the driveway where he parks his camper. My bet is they take his whole check and give him $5 a week.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When I first read this I thought it was a joke because it doesn't "read" like Jill wrote it. Especially since there is no RANDOM capitalization!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7